product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (386) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationOnline, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York City
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      ScholarshipConditional $500 scholarships. Contact us for more information.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
    • Product Gym
      - 1/21/2021
      The product gym process works if you put in the work.  Their classes give you the solid foundation in product that you need to succeed and the community of members are very helpful as well.  Whether you have prior PM experience or you are trying to break into the role, Product Gym will help you land the best role.
    • Worth It
      - 1/19/2021
      Anonymous • Sr Product Manager • Graduate
      Simply put, the approach at Product Gym works.  I was a product manager before so I was not transitioning from a different field, but it had been a while since I last interviewed for a job and I was vastly unprepared for the current style of interviews with 5-6 rounds.  It is one set of skills to do the job and another set of skills to interview for the job. PG prepares you for both.  I also was not getting as many interview requests before using the PG method.  The process developed by the PG team was counterintuitive  to me in some aspects and I had to overcome my own resistance to follow it sometimes - but I am glad that I stuck with it.  I got two offers within 4 months at the peak of Covid.  The coaching calls with Oliver were super helpful.
    • Good experience
      - 1/4/2021
      I was really skeptical at first when I joined, but later on my opinion changed. The coaches were really hands on and the resources provided for job support were top notch. Overall a really great experience. At the end of the day you have to put in the effort based on the guidance you get from the coaches and instructors.
    • Anonymous • Technical Product Manager
      When you think of joining a program/bootcamp, the only thing that matters in the end is getting a job.

I had joined another bootcamp, but it led to no success in the job market.

I like Product Gym because their focus in on getting many offers - I love the abundance mindset regardless of what is going out in the world.

While working thru' the PG program, I received many, many interviews and had to start declining some of those! And this was during the pandemic and the holiday season. I have accepted an offer!

If you want to get a job, follow their recommendations. It is like joining a gym. You work on various muscles like interviewing and not just the theory muscles.
    • Product Manager
      - 12/9/2020
      I came from a finance background, and I was able to receive my first offer within 3 months after joining the program. The process works only if you fully trust the program and put all of your hard work into the process. PG really did a great job covering everything you needed to guide you through the entire process.

Their tips and recommendations felt counter-intuitive to me and go against what I typically see on job hunting recommendations online....and that's likely why their process is so effective. I immediately saw a 5X jump in responses for phone screens after using their resume & cover template. Having gone through all their interviewing topics and product management classes, I feel so prepared, calm, and in control during interviews. It's helped me get to a few final offers (I have never had more than 1 offer to choose from in my entire life). The coaches are also available for you to ping with questions, so it's really a super valuable membership!
    • Anonymous • Software Consultant Manager • Student
      Product Gym was able to help me build confidence when I personally was not very confident myself. I knew I could do the work and responsibilities of a Product Manager, why couldn’t I secure a role? I learned that I had to rethink the job search process. I had to learn about myself and how I was portraying myself. I had to be exposed to the product interviewing world and I had to get the reps in to get better. Product Gym pushes you to get those reps and I started to get results after some time. It was difficult, but I can’t imagine how I’d have been able to secure my first offer without their support.

There are courses every week that you can attend and the instructors are very knowledgeable and responsive. The only constructive feedback I’d give is to be able to offer more types of classes in the future.

I've always felt like the pressures of finding a job is so much more difficult than actually doing the job. The world of product management is an interesting one in which there is no school to go to to help you train for it; rather, it's a company liking your thought process on organizing the chaos that is building products. Learning about how to do product management can be done reading books, blog posts, and watching youtube videos, but the interviewing, this is a totally different thing.

I've had interviews with companies prior to joining Product Gym and I couldn't get past round 2. I was flustered by interview questions and wasn't doing a good job of showing how I can step into a new role and contribute from day 1. I've started interviewing using methods that Product Gym teaches and I've reached many final rounds and now even have companies competing against each other to give me an offer!

Product Gym helps you present your best self whether it's branding, applying, or interviewing! Very grateful to have discovered this class.
    • Product Manager
      - 11/3/2020
      Extremely valuable program that keeps candidates on top on the latest interviewing skills and techniques. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to become a Product Manager or who has been out of the interview game for some time. The best thing about the program is the access to course even after receiving a job or graduating from the program. They keep the information relevant and fresh.
    • Anonymous • Director of Product • Graduate
      I’ve been in product management for many years but haven't interviewed in a while. Even though I was already working as a PM, I struggled in interviews because the competition had become savvier. I needed an efficient way to get through the multi-faceted process, not more education on product management fundamentals. I decided to enroll in Product Gym because they provided the strategy, structure, and motivators necessary to complete this strenuous process in minimum time.

What truly makes PG special is the staff - the instructors, counselors, and even the founders are invested in your success and go above and beyond to address your needs. One of my weaknesses is salary negotiations. I've received personalized advice on this topic from Rich and Cody (the founders) multiple times. They explained the thought process behind each element of the initial offer and provided sample responses that resulted in improved offers at the top of the company’s range for the role. You can use the interview skills you learned at Product Gym throughout your career. I recently used them to land a Director of Product position!
    • PG is awesome
      - 8/31/2020
      Anonymous • PM • Student
      The PG crew is different from others because they don’t give up on you and get you across the finish line with a PM job offer. Often times the best PM’s are those who haven’t traditionally been one their entire careers - whether it’s sales, finance, consulting, design etc that you started your first jobs in - it gives you an advantage not disadvantage. to all the doubters of candidates who don’t have direct PM job experience - PG has the proof that if you really believe in you and your ability to get and do the job, you can do it.

PM jobs vary everywhere so they are focused on helping you find a fit that works for you. The PG team is very uniquely passionate, wise in their advice, and persistent! They rock!
      Before committing to Product Gym, I researched countless of programs, from coding and data science bootcamps to Product School in the effort to make a career switch. Product Gym was the only program that 1) allowed me to continue my full-time job,  2) prepared me for real-world product management experiences, and 3) most importantly, was solely focused on converting applications into job offers. They work with you from the very start (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn) all the way through the interview process (coaching calls, product courses) and the job offers (1-1 negotiation session). The program is filled with tips that you would never find through Google, and thus the material provided is extremely valuable. Initially, I was a bit skeptical after joining PG as the program is very aggressive (almost militaristic) in what you need to do to succeed (e.g. very specific resume and LinkedIn format). However, after just 1 month, I had converted more job applications to interviews than I had ever expected. So, if you enroll, trust the process and be prepared to have no free time! Once you pay for the program, your membership to PG never expires and the resources will always be at your disposal. A great investment in my book.