product-gym-logo

Product Gym

New York City

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (195) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

LocationNew York City
    • D.L  User Photo
      D.L • Product Manager • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      When I decided to move on from my job in marketing and sales back in November of 2019, I already knew that I wanted to be a Product Manager instead of working in sales and marketing all my life. I wanted to help build products that could innovate the market, and lead to new innovations. So I began applying to Product Manager positions left and right, either from Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, any and all job hunting platforms, you name it. I got a few phone call interviews, and a few round 1s, but nothing past that.
      Then I began researching into bootcamps because there's no actual 'Product Manager' degree that you can get from college, and bootcamps were the next best thing. I stumbled across Product Gym and I was extremely skeptical at first. After not having any luck for 2 whole months, I talked with Rich in January, with my train of thought being 'What's the worst that can happen? I might as well talk to their consultant and see what Product Gym does.' I made it my New Year's resolution for 2020 to land myself a Product Manager job. I was wondering, if I can't even get multiple interviews, or pass round 1 interviews, what good is a bootcamp like Product Gym going to do?
      I was so wrong - even though the curriculum is extremely taxing and difficult, if you stick through it, you can land a job. After about 3 weeks, I've been passing round 2 and round 3 interviews, and then after 4 or 5 weeks (I lost count), I finally hit my first round 4 interview. Next thing I knew, I got an offer - but I didn't stop there, because the offer wasn't in the dream field I wanted just yet. I kept going at it, and eventually I landed myself a job at a great medium sized company, with a product that I believe in. I went from barely getting an interview, to getting past multiple rounds, and landing 3 different offers in the end.
      Trust me - PRODUCT GYM WORKS. Nobody knows this field and getting a job in Product Management more than Rich, and his team at Product Gym.
    • Connor  User Photo
      Connor • Verified via LinkedIn
      I enrolled in Product Gym to help me land a job in product management. Specifically, I was having trouble at the top of the funnel: getting R1 interviews. Product Gym helped me revise my resume, and make my brand much more compelling to recruiters and hiring managers. Product Gym mentions that they help candidates get a ton of R1 interviews, which they absolutely delivered on for me. By having practice with a large number of interviews, I was able to iterate on my brand to get deep into interview processes, and ultimately get offers.
    • Tri Nguyen  User Photo
      Tri Nguyen • Product Manager • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am a PM at small startup for nearly 2 years. I just watch video of product gym from youtube and join webinar of Richard but they give me a lot of resource to self study and practice. That's why i have got 2 offers from big company in my location after 1 month. I want to say thank you to Rich and product gym for helping me. I am living in developing country so I have not enough money to take course of product gym but in the future i will join.
    • Joma  User Photo
      Joma • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product Gym provides the best resources for breaking into product management. They give you all the tools you need such as resume/cover letter help, interview prep for the different rounds of the PM interview process, and informative online classes taught by amazing product managers. I went from having 0 interviews before becoming a member, to having 4 interviews per week!

The PG team is incredibly helpful and the community is very supportive. I am very grateful for Product Gym and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to land their dream PM role.
    • Charlie Kottler  User Photo
      Charlie Kottler • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Although it is quite expensive, Product Gym helped me get my branding up to snuff in order to land first round interviews, gain the confidence to properly portray my experiences in interviews, and learn about the finer points of product management to convert interviews to offers. The bi-weekly coaching calls were very helpful for getting all my questions answered regarding the day-to-day of interviewing and the classes were led by elite product managers and experts on a variety of topics that PMs need to abreast of to be competitive in market. I highly recommend this program for more junior and experienced product managers alike. The community of PMs in the program is fantastic and everyone in my cohort was always willing to help with everything from little questions to case study practice sessions. Mind you this entire course was virtual during COVID-19 - well done Product Gym!
    • Eve Chen  User Photo
      Eve Chen • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I actually searched online for different PM courses and finally chose Product Gym. It turned out that my choice is correct.
      Product Gym gave me great help for interview preparation and helped me landed PM job in big tech company.
      In my opinion , product gym helped me in 3 different perspectives :
      (1) job application strategy : the application strategy Product Gym taught me increased my interview opportunities tremendously , it helped me save a lot of time and energy so that I could focus myself on interview preparation.

(2) interview preparation and practice :
      The product manager talks in Product Gym and interview preparation strategy gave me insights into domains that I was not familiar with. I got a lot of useful suggestions from  experienced product managers during the talks too. I think this process will help a lot of people who are new to PM career.

(3) salary negotiation
      Thanks to the hand holding help from Product Gym, I got strong support and finally go with a good offer with satisfying salary.
    • Getting the offer
      - 3/16/2020
      Mike Baiardi  User Photo
      Mike Baiardi • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product gym is unlike any other program out on the market. Other programs only prepare you for a variety of things you run into on the job as a Product Manager. Product gym is the ONLY one that makes sense because they help you get the job! The team at Product Gym is 1000% committed to helping everyone there get that elusive product manager job.
    • jing  User Photo
      jing • Student Verified via GitHub
      Product gym is no other gym. I landed my dream product manager job within 4 weeks without a product manager title or an MBA. I followed the system and participated in the class, coaching calls, and discussions. I asked so many questions about interviews and product management, the instructors and coaches here used to be one of us, struggling cross all the hurdles on the track win that product manager trophy. Going through the process and successfully land their dream product manager jobs empowers them with ample knowledge, skills, and most importantly user empathy. The staffs here are very patient and warm-hearted, whenever I was feeling defeated over rejections or got stuck in the process, I can always account on them to help me remove the roadblocks. I am not alone here, I made friends holding the same dream, sharing our ups and downs. If you like me, came in dejected suffering failures getting into PM, continues learning and practicing here should be your next move.
    • Product Manager
      - 11/14/2019
      Melinda Wang  User Photo
      Melinda Wang • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Joining Product Gym was one of the most challenging, but rewarding experiences that I underwent and achieved this past year. Rich, Cody, and the rest of the PG team really put in the time, energy, and effort to ensure that each student was receiving the help and guidance s/he needed to help him/ her achieve the specific goals and jobs in Product Management that each individual desired. Coming from a non-technical background, I was hesitant that I would ever be able to make a direct jump into Product Management, but realized that within my current position, I had already taken on opportunities as a de-facto Product Manager in previous projects. Working with the various instructors to craft my story and reframe my perspective that the Product Management role is much more of a mindset than an actual checklist of items on a criteria that need to be fulfilled, was one of the key hurdles PG helped me overcome to truly believe in myself and my skill set. From the in-person and web-based coaching calls, twice a week informative classes, plethora of resources through the Student Portal, and around-the-clock support from both Rich & Cody as well as the wider PG community, this program was everything I could have asked for in terms of accelerating me towards the next chapter of my professional career. One thing I will note is that this program is not a walk in the park - you will get what you put into it, just like anything else in life. Regardless, I cannot thank the entire PG team enough, as well as the individuals I've been able to form lasting friendships with across the larger PG community, for believing and pushing me to strive for a career that I once thought was seemingly impossible.

• Product Manager
      - 11/3/2019
      shriram  User Photo
      shriram • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

PG is a very different kind of bootcamp. The cohort and coaching style prepares you to interview really well as a Product Manager. If you have already worked as a PM, then this will work even better !

• Alex V.  User Photo
      Alex V. • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Raymond, Rich, and Cody are a great team at Product Gym to help you with landing a job as a PM! They help you from Resume updating to interviews to case studies and offer negotiating. I transitioned from an engineer to a PM and landed over 50+ interviews which led to 3+ offers in only 2 months.

If you are looking to land a senior PM role or transition into a career as a PM, I highly suggest you enroll in Product Gym.

• Andy  User Photo
      Andy • Senior PM • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I started Product Gym about a month into my current PM job search (while working full time).  The cumulative impact of the tools, techniques and lectures has 10x'd my productivity.  I've generated 55 interviews, 3 on-sites and 1 offer in 4 weeks.  During my last job search I had two years experience in product and generated 2 offers after three months recruiting full time.

The career coaching and job search components of this course made it well worth the investment for me.