product-gym-logo

Product Gym

New York City

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (165) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

LocationNew York City

• Eve Chen  User Photo
      Eve Chen • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I actually searched online for different PM courses and finally chose Product Gym. It turned out that my choice is correct.
      Product Gym gave me great help for interview preparation and helped me landed PM job in big tech company.
      In my opinion , product gym helped me in 3 different perspectives :
      (1) job application strategy : the application strategy Product Gym taught me increased my interview opportunities tremendously , it helped me save a lot of time and energy so that I could focus myself on interview preparation.

(2) interview preparation and practice :
      The product manager talks in Product Gym and interview preparation strategy gave me insights into domains that I was not familiar with. I got a lot of useful suggestions from  experienced product managers during the talks too. I think this process will help a lot of people who are new to PM career.

(3) salary negotiation
      Thanks to the hand holding help from Product Gym, I got strong support and finally go with a good offer with satisfying salary.
    • Getting the offer
      - 3/16/2020
      Mike Baiardi  User Photo
      Mike Baiardi • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product gym is unlike any other program out on the market. Other programs only prepare you for a variety of things you run into on the job as a Product Manager. Product gym is the ONLY one that makes sense because they help you get the job! The team at Product Gym is 1000% committed to helping everyone there get that elusive product manager job.
    • jing  User Photo
      jing • Student Verified via GitHub
      Product gym is no other gym. I landed my dream product manager job within 4 weeks without a product manager title or an MBA. I followed the system and participated in the class, coaching calls, and discussions. I asked so many questions about interviews and product management, the instructors and coaches here used to be one of us, struggling cross all the hurdles on the track win that product manager trophy. Going through the process and successfully land their dream product manager jobs empowers them with ample knowledge, skills, and most importantly user empathy. The staffs here are very patient and warm-hearted, whenever I was feeling defeated over rejections or got stuck in the process, I can always account on them to help me remove the roadblocks. I am not alone here, I made friends holding the same dream, sharing our ups and downs. If you like me, came in dejected suffering failures getting into PM, continues learning and practicing here should be your next move.
      - 11/14/2019
      Melinda Wang  User Photo
      Melinda Wang • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Joining Product Gym was one of the most challenging, but rewarding experiences that I underwent and achieved this past year. Rich, Cody, and the rest of the PG team really put in the time, energy, and effort to ensure that each student was receiving the help and guidance s/he needed to help him/ her achieve the specific goals and jobs in Product Management that each individual desired. Coming from a non-technical background, I was hesitant that I would ever be able to make a direct jump into Product Management, but realized that within my current position, I had already taken on opportunities as a de-facto Product Manager in previous projects. Working with the various instructors to craft my story and reframe my perspective that the Product Management role is much more of a mindset than an actual checklist of items on a criteria that need to be fulfilled, was one of the key hurdles PG helped me overcome to truly believe in myself and my skill set. From the in-person and web-based coaching calls, twice a week informative classes, plethora of resources through the Student Portal, and around-the-clock support from both Rich & Cody as well as the wider PG community, this program was everything I could have asked for in terms of accelerating me towards the next chapter of my professional career. One thing I will note is that this program is not a walk in the park - you will get what you put into it, just like anything else in life. Regardless, I cannot thank the entire PG team enough, as well as the individuals I've been able to form lasting friendships with across the larger PG community, for believing and pushing me to strive for a career that I once thought was seemingly impossible.

- 11/3/2019
      shriram  User Photo
      shriram • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

PG is a very different kind of bootcamp. The cohort and coaching style prepares you to interview really well as a Product Manager. If you have already worked as a PM, then this will work even better !

• Alex V.  User Photo
      Alex V. • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Raymond, Rich, and Cody are a great team at Product Gym to help you with landing a job as a PM! They help you from Resume updating to interviews to case studies and offer negotiating. I transitioned from an engineer to a PM and landed over 50+ interviews which led to 3+ offers in only 2 months.

If you are looking to land a senior PM role or transition into a career as a PM, I highly suggest you enroll in Product Gym.

• Andy  User Photo
      Andy • Senior PM • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I started Product Gym about a month into my current PM job search (while working full time).  The cumulative impact of the tools, techniques and lectures has 10x'd my productivity.  I've generated 55 interviews, 3 on-sites and 1 offer in 4 weeks.  During my last job search I had two years experience in product and generated 2 offers after three months recruiting full time.

The career coaching and job search components of this course made it well worth the investment for me.

- 4/30/2019
      Craig   User Photo
      Craig • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Product Gym was an integral part of my most recent job search. The feedback that Cody and Rich provided with respect to marketing myself as a PM and communicating like a PM was insightful, and I noticed immediate results after applying this feedback. The lecturers that spoke during the course were also among the best Product speakers that I've heard; not only did they provide helpful tips for answering interview questions, they also gave us great context and advice for how to think like PMs and approach problem solving on the job.

After 4 weeks in Product Gym, I had 2 job offers; don't think I could've done this on my own. Thanks guys!

• Atma  User Photo
      Atma • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have been watching Rich’s content for months before I decided to reach out the Product Gym. After 15 minutes of actually being on the phone with him; I was sold. I was sold on the whole program because Product Gym gets it. Product Gym’s approach is to first increase the quantity of the interviews you are going on and then improve the quality (conversion ratio) of the interviews you are going on. In both regards Rich and Cody and the best of the best.

Why? Why I am raving about these guys? Its because Rich comes from a technical recruiting background. He has actually posted positions, sorted resumes, screen candidates, negotiated salaries. He has a disgustingly intimate understanding of how technical hiring works. You need a guy like that if you stand to land this job, because everybody else that I have spoken to in this field of product management has no clue how to land a job. I have seen the number of students that have taken jobs with Product Gym. They have something truly special here and it works.

• Marcos  User Photo
      Marcos • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After finishing the course I was reached by 3 hiring managers for Product Management positions. The instructors were there to help me prep for the interviews( from the screening phone call, all the way up to the final rounds). The learning material and content published by Product Gym definitely helped me land a job as an Associate Product Manager for a growing company in the people’s workforce space.  In addition, my salary increased by more than ~100%!!!! (I was freelancing previous to this)

I would definitely recommend Product Gym to any of my colleagues trying to break into Product Management.

• Smitha Achar  User Photo
      Smitha Achar • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I was fortunate enough to meet Rich during one of the meet ups organized by Product Gym. To say he’s been an instrumental help in upgrading my resume, recommending me for product manager jobs, coaching me through every step of the way would be an understatement.

Within meeting him for the first time, I had already gotten interviews to 2 companies (within 2 days) which weren’t even happening for me before.  I also met a few people who he connected me with who have helped immensely to sharpen my focus on landing a PM job. They really do know what they are doing and I have also spoken with a few of the alumni who sing praises for Product Gym and how they have really helped them land the PM job they really wanted.

They focus on applying for jobs and generating interviews as much as possible because in the end, that’s what you really want right? To get a PM job as soon as you can. They value your time and teach you the essentials of what you will incur in your experience as a PM. I would really recommend them if your looking for a PM job. It will definitely shorten the time that you spend because the advice that they give you is gold and works out here in the world.

Just go for it! Don’t waste time cause you’ve already missed a few opportunities reading my review!

• Valmicki • Student
      The Product Gym strategy actually works! Before I attended the classes I was on my own, backed with a traditional resume and interview answers, it just didn't work. The job environment has drastically changed, the old way of applying works for almost no one. Attending Product Gym's classes gave me the knowledge required to do the job but more importantly actually get the job. Their strategy is intense and a real grind but you will see results in only a few weeks. You will get the experience needed to land your dream job. I was HIGHLY skeptical of the process, this only held me back. I spoke to past students and the instructors and decided to give their method a shot. Within a few weeks I was able to land an offer!
      Pros
      - Great instructors - Large community that you can lean on - Guidance throughout the process -Resume help, interviewing prep. help with salary negotiation

Cons
      - The PG pitch is very sales heavy  - The method is a grind, but they offer a job application assistant  not included in the package - I was not aware of the price sharing that rolled out the month after I signed up
    • HM • Graduate
      I landed my new role in 5 weeks. They're serious about getting you the job.

They know what they're doing. They'll help you brand yourself and transition into speaking like a product manager as well. On top of this, they hold classes on various PM topics. This way, not only can you kill it in the interviews, you can kill it on the job as well.

My favorite pros:
      - community that holds you accountable
      - lifetime membership - once your'e in, you can come back to their program as long as you want every time you need a new PM job
      - ISA program - NO UPFRONT payment required, you just give them 10% of your salary if/when you land a job. That way it's risk free. But if you think you're likely to get a job, I would do the regular fee because it's probably a 50% cost savings over the ISA approach

You have to put in the work but if you do what they say, you'll get the job!
    • Sean • Student
      There is no better resource for finding a product manager (PM) position than Product Gym (PG)! Within the time span of two months, PG helped me transform my outlook on the job search, how I see and talk about myself, and filled me in on all the fundamentals for what it means to be a PM. Oh, and I was offered a job at a SaaS company, an industry I had never worked in before. If you're hesitating about whether you should sign up or not, stop. Sign up now!
    • Delia B. • Product Manager • Graduate

I can't begin to thank Rich, Cody, Raymond and the rest of the Product Gym team + guest instructors enough for helping me to take that next step in my Product Management career. On this course, unlike other product bootcamps out there, the PG team sticks with you the entire step of the way, even once you get that job, they're checking in on you to see how things are going and if they can help you further. This program is really a MUST for anyone either considering a shift into product management or for those product managers who are looking to move into a more senior role - there are touch points throughout the program that suit anyone from a beginning product manager to someone with 20 years of experience in technology. I wouldn't have gotten my new job this quickly without the entire PG team and my fellow class members - we all pushed each other every step of the way and I'll never forget that. Product Gym family forever!

• Anand • Solutions Consultant • Student

Product Gym is a hyper-productive, tailored, focused program that enables you to get your first product management job.

It is very different from other programs which teach you how to be a good PM. While that is covered, the big focus was on how to land that first interview, how to practice and do well and how to get your dream job.

I had a lot of confidence in Rich, Cody and team given how well structured the program was but it was really welcome to see my first PM job offer 6 weeks into the program.

The team brings vast experience from seeing PM roles and interviews of all sizes and shapes and provide invaluable, no BS feedback that can really be applied with great effectiveness.

Although I was remote, the program was equally effective and gave me tons of ammo in getting interview calls and doing my interviews well.

If you’re someone that is stuck in a catch-22 where you don’t have PM experience but the jobs you’re looking for need PM skills, look no further!

• Jina

I met Rich end of June last year, started in July cohort. I spent some time working on my resume and learning materials they provided - was all extremely helpful because I started applying end of August and got my first interview that same week. In October (about 30 business days since my first job application went out) I had my first offer.

Rich, Cody and Raymond have been my main points of contact and they offer exceptional guidance and will kick your ass if you mince words with them or are not pushing yourself to your fullest potential. Their level of support is phenomenal.

Product gym is a hard-core gym. If you don't believe it or don't follow exactly what it tells you to do, prepare to waste a ton of time. If you are fortunate enough to get into this program, believe and follow it and put in the hard-work, you will come out successful. You cannot find the same material anywhere else, with the level of support they provide. Product Gym teaches you the entire interviewing process, puts you through hard work that pays off, and gives you the freedom to find the job you love. I cannot recommend it enough.

- 11/15/2019
      Liz S. • Product Manager • Graduate

Product Gym, as others have mentioned, is focused on the outcome. I was very close to doing Product School, but decided to switch after understanding that yes the content is VERY beneficial and no you don't necessarily need prior experience. The fact you can come back and have access for a full year after your cohort was a huge factor as well - it shows the PG team is there for the long haul.

I started on the tail end of a cohort, so technically my cohort had not even started and yet I had my first offer in hand (exactly one month from starting the process). How did that happen, you ask? All the resources are available up front - more than you will ever need. If you need to brush up on a section (as I did many times) it's right there.  If you have a question, the PG team is available.

I honestly thought I'd be slow since I'm coming from a marketing background and definitely did not think I would be trying to decide between companies one month in. All in  all this program basically gives you the confidence to start the application process, nail the interviews, and get the job. Be ready for a roller coaster of emotions though - it's not easy. Last thing I'd say -- this really isn't for people who are considering the PM role. Rephrased -- only join if you PM is THE next career move. The PG team  the most helpful if you're all in.

P.S. I've been in the new PM role for a month - SO. WORTH. IT.

• Alissa • Product Manager

I first met Richard when I joined a Product Management Resume Building webinar a few weeks prior. I quite honestly had very little expectations about the seminar, but was pleasantly surprised with how much guidance I received from Richard in that one-hour session. Subsequently, we also were able to set up a 30-minute consult to discuss our resume and LinkedIn profiles in more depth (as part of the webinar). Yet again, I went in anticipating that I'd receive a few nuggets of knowledge at best. But... that was far from what actually happened. Not only was I provided a WEALTH of information in that Zoom chat, I also received an astounding amount of tangible data and feedback that I can act on. Say that to say, that I am appreciative of the content that Richard and the Product Gym team have curated, and I highly suggest that anyone on the PM job hun consider it to give you that extra UMPF across the finish line!

• Product Gym
      - 8/6/2019
      W.L • Student

I joined Product Gym hoping to propel my career into product management.  2 months later, I have 3 offers with more interviews to come.  This was not a cakewalk.  Product Gym teaches you how to approach interviews differently.  Just like learning anything new in life,  it takes time and a lot of effort to internalize the strategy so it can be applied during interviews.  In my case, I had to rebrand my entire background while thinking and interviewing like a product manager.  Within the first week of applying for jobs, I was already hearing back from 4-5 companies. For anyone who is interested in getting a product management job, put in 100% energy on the Product Gym system and you will be rewarded.

• Product Gym
      - 7/24/2019
      Tom • Product Manager • Graduate

Excellent course. Solid strategy for job hunting that has worked for me--twice. Highly recommend it, as Cody and Rich give you the honest truth behind recruiting and the tools and attitudes you need to get the job you're looking for.

Additionally, the preparation for the job is excellent, with plenty of subject matter experts (read: product managers) giving solid advice.

• Avi • PM • Student

Product Gym, where do I start? These guys care about you as a candidate, as an interviewee and as a person who is searching a job. They understand the Product Manager job market very well and take serious pride in making sure as a candidate you are equipped with the knowledge, tactics & the experience to succeed in interviews. Their teaching staff is very good and help you prepare for one of the most demanding jobs in the tech industry. Product Gym supports you right from rebranding your resume & cover letter, application strategy, interviewing tactics, take home assignments & offer negotiations. I have received multiple offers, all thanks to PG. To be clear, as a candidate you need to put in the hard work and follow their strategies to be successful. If you are serious about getting a PM role, don’t think too much & just enrol with Product Gym. These guys will take care of you in your journey of becoming a PM.

• James • Product Manager • Graduate

Prior to joining Product Gym, I had started my search for new roles.  I was already a product manager by title but after getting rejected from countless roles, I knew I needed to talk the talk more than I was currently doing.  I was pretty heavily interviewing before joining PG  but when 3 final round (multi hour in-persons) failed to convert to offers, I knew I needed some coaching.  Product Gym stood out from the other PM options like GA and PS because of the immediate focus on the interviewing process, LinkedIn optimization, and Resume feedback.  After sitting down with Rich, I realized that his “take no prisoners” attitude and insider recruiter knowledge was tremendously valuable and I was sold on the program.  Within days of optimizing my LinkedIn profile, I started seeing results with increased views of my profile.  Over the next few weeks the amount of LinkedIn traction I was getting was unreal.  I successfully landed a new PM role, after a few coaching sessions and case study review thanks to the PG process.  PG was a really solid investment as I was able to get a tremendous increase in my salary with my new gig.  Thanks Rich, Cody and the rest of the team at PG!

• A.G. • Student

Product Gym is a fantastic program for those looking to land a Product Manager job in any industry – especially for those people who don’t have previous PM experience.  They have developed a unique approach where they assist you with both aspects of landing a PM job – 1) Having all the skills necessary to be a PM and 2) Being able to successful secure interview calls and perform well with companies across the nation. They help you from scratch by revising and optimizing your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile which positions you perfectly for the job application process. Simultaneously, their coursework covers a variety of different topics ranging from interview skills to technical PM skills required for the job. This combination empowers you to successfully apply and interview through all the various rounds that one encounters during the PM interviewing process. They are not the typical organization that will just provide you with the content and expect you to land a job on your own. They are with you through every step of the process right up to the point where you receive and accept an offer from a company. I am extremely happy with my time spent with Product Gym and what they did for me, no other organization has been able to offer / accomplish since I started looking for PM roles over a year ago. Thank you to Rich, Cody, and the entire Product Gym team for empowering me to secure a career in Product Management.

My primary feedback to the Product Gym team is that the online experience needs to improve so that people who are viewing the classes remotely have the same experience / value as those who are viewing the lectures on-site. I believe this is a work-in-progress and the PG team is continuously trying to improve the experience.

• Worth the Hustle
      - 6/6/2019
      Joe • Graduate

The leaders and teachers of Product Gym are dedicated to finding you the right positions at great companies across the country. Many qualified individuals have the abilities to apply their knowledge and abilities to be a Product Manager. The curriculum and teachers understand the underlying processes to obtain the best positions and how to brand yourself. They will get you through the process much quicker than on you would on your own, given the immense resources and advice they can provide. Their main goal is to get you a position you love. You can learn the basics for free online, but actually landing the right job can be very wasteful and time consuming with a bad process. I was able to pivot industries and obtain interviews within the first month of the program. The program is a solid investment and benefits the hard-working students.