product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (371) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationOnline, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York City
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      ScholarshipConditional $500 scholarships. Contact us for more information.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
    • Anna  User Photo
      Anna • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product Gym is a great program not only to learn about PM but to LAND A JOB in a product management. There are many programs that teach you PM skills, but only Product Gym truly helps you connect your prior experience to PM job descriptions, market yourself and tell your stories as a PM. They cracked a model of landing a job in current digital environment and it works. If you are transition to PM or would like to fast track your existing career, I highly recommend PG. It comes with a price tag but pays back big time. Just trust the process and do what Rick, Cody and coaches ask you to do. It’s hard, it’s uncomfortable, but it works and stays with you for a lifetime.
    • Yuntao  User Photo
      Yuntao • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Offers tested strategy to break into product. Aside from the methodology, the best thing I got out of the program is the community. Knowing that people in my cohort are going through the same process and experiencing similar highs and lows just helped me remain positive throughout!
    • Highly Recommend
      - 4/8/2022
      Jason Zheng  User Photo
      Jason Zheng • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product Gym is the complete package. It not only provided me with the tools and resources to be a great Product Manager but most importantly, it made me believe that I am already a great Product Manager.
    • Highly Recommend!
      - 11/6/2021
      Michelle Wang  User Photo
      Michelle Wang • Verified via LinkedIn
      PG really helps me understand the interviewing process for Product Manager positions and coaches me through how to review the resume, create the pitch and conduct the interview well. The classes and coaches are very helpful especially as I was crafting my pitch for my interviews. They have a lot of resources available but most importantly you need to study and practice on your own to continually improve yourself and your PM skills. I met many people who offered me help, guidance, and encouragement during the process. I would recommend the program to anyone who is self-motivated and passionate about product management.
    • Mingming Gui  User Photo
      Mingming Gui • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product gym is a really effective program to get you started in PM interviewing and feeling confident about yourself. They have a lot of resources available to you but most importantly you need to study and practice on your own to continually improve yourself and your PM skills. I met many people who offered me help, guidance, and encouragement during the process. I would recommend the program to anyone who is self-motivated and passionate about product management.
    • Product
      - 10/1/2021
      Ryan  User Photo
      Ryan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Before I started with Product Gym, I tried hunting down PM roles solo and it was difficult to even get recruiters on the phone for an initial interview. After I joined Product Gym, they outlined their step by step process which I followed and within weeks I was overwhelmed by interviews. They have a tried and true formula that works! In addition, the community of coaches, alumni and current students provides a very positive environment which can help you at all stages - whether you're feeling down because of poor interviews or recruiters not calling you back. I'm very much appreciative of the help Product Gym has provided and I wouldn't be here today without them.
    • Product Gym Works
      - 9/17/2021
      Ole  User Photo
      Ole • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      After applying to 100s of product management jobs after graduating from my MBA program and getting no initial interviews I joined Product Gym. Within 40 days I have gotten interviews with 15 different companies, and one job offer. I only started applying 20 days ago. The program is pricey but it works, so if you want to get into product management this is the way to go!!!

• Deborah  User Photo
      Deborah • Verified via LinkedIn
      PG helps you understand the interviewing process for Product Manager positions and coaches you through how to interview well. I found the content/classes/instructors to be very helpful especially as I was crafting my stories for my interviews. The community was supportive and I ended up connecting with a members individually through the weekly member calls. It's definitely not a walk in the park and it will feel overwhelming at times, but if you put the work in and take time to really refine your process, then you will discover that the process really works!
    • Jong, Seattle, Product Management  User Photo
      Jong, Seattle, Product Management • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I would recommend Product Gym to anyone without reservation. I’ve experienced a career stagnation in product management for many years, but Product Gym helped me land a job with a higher compensation and a higher job title. I am expecting multiple job offers. Thank you, Product Gym!
    • Derek Liu  User Photo
      Derek Liu • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is a great resource for navigating the mechanical recruiting landscape, especially if you have deep empathy for people, it helps you navigate the process objectively to help you get the best results.
      Practice makes perfect, Product Gym makes you do those reps that help you succeed (should you choose to). Interviewing is nothing like the real job, and it's a separate skill you can learn now, even if you're a seasoned product manager.

To Improve:
      Would be nice to have a interview guide for questions to ask. There are disparate information between PG course and Product 101/201, thought both are great sources
    • Michiko Stas  User Photo
      Michiko Stas • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product Gym is THE reason I am a successful professional.

I went from having no self-confidence, no process, and no interviews to having 100% control of my process and 10-20 interviews a week. I am satisfied, relieved, and grateful for the truly amazing offers I have received through this process. I’m getting ready to accept an offer so I’m going to continue building my professional muscles with PG as I grow and develop in my new role. PG is the only resource I will ever really need to be the great PM I always knew I could be.

PG does not charge enough for all that they provide. It would be well worth it at twice the price.

I am so grateful for the work Rich, Cody, and the team have put in. If you have ANY questions I would be thrilled to share my experience in detail.

Look forward to seeing you at the gym.

Pros:
      • Custom branding
      • Easy step-by-step application process
      • Effective interview preparation
      • Offer and negotiation coaching
      • Classes on all things PM
      • Amazingly supportive community

Cons:
      • It is a gym, not a spa. Applying for jobs is work. They don’t magically make the work go away.