product-gym-logo

Product Gym

New York City

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (225) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

LocationNew York City
    • Bella  User Photo
      Bella • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      PG use real well-seasoned product managers with respectful working experiences in decent companies to give classes to its students. This is definitely a life changer for people who are passionate and determined to become a product manager. I learned great stuff here, made amazing friends, and landed my great offer during the COVID.
    • Alankrita   User Photo
      Alankrita • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      If you are serious about pursuing a career in product management, then you should definitely consider joining Product Gym. They carefully guide you at every step of the process to help you land a PM role of your choice. Regardless of the background you may be coming from ( non - pm or non - tech looking to break into product management or an experienced PM wanting to climb up the ladder or try a new industry), Product Gym has a unique solution to help you land your dream PM job. Product Gym has a team of highly experienced coaches and a detailed curriculum that will help you understand from basics to advanced product management concepts. They have a very interactive and supportive community focused on one goal: advancing in PM career. Best part is all of this is for lifetime, so if at any point you are not satisfied with your current job, Product Gym and its resources are going to be there, and you can go through the process all over again. The membership cost may be a little high, which may leave you questioning, but I can say it is definitely worth the investment from my experience.

• Dom C  User Photo
      Dom C • Product Manager • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product Gym is a really great resource in enhancing your potential in the job market. You will gain a significant amount of value as relates to everything surrounding the experience of getting a job as a PM. The first thing you will realize is that Product Gym's strategy is top class at being able to get you a significant amount of interviews. I would say they are experts in being able teach you how to interview properly and answer questions in interviews in the best possible way. They have a ton of resources and classes for all subjects surrounding product management. One of the other really great aspects of Product Gym is that it has a really great community that you will have access to. You will be working with people who are in the same struggle as you and will be there to help through all aspects of your job search from case studies, to interview questions, and product topics. Product gym is also a membership program so once you are in the community you are there forever. Another great part of what they offer is being able to help negotiate the best possible offer you can get. I will say however that if you want to get the most out of the program you will have to work very hard. Product Management is a hot field right now in a very competitive market so you will have to grind if you want to see results.
    • Olasile Abolade  User Photo
      Olasile Abolade • Product Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Joining PG was one of the best decisions that I ever made in life. These guys are super knowledgeable, supportive, and at the same time brutally honest with you if you are cutting corners. I joined with the thought that I really needed to revamp my job search strategy and adopt a salesperson mindset towards the volume of my job applications. They just didn't help me optimize my resume, LinkedIn and profile but they gave top quality coaching and mentoring all throughout my job search process. 2020 was a brutal year but joining PG was one of the best highlights for me and I'm happy that I count on them for more support in the future
    • Ben  User Photo
      Ben • Verified via LinkedIn
      I really love how pragmatic and results-driven these guys are.  They helped me sell myself and land a great job!
    • Trust the process
      - 1/31/2021
      Michael  User Photo
      Michael • Product Manager • Verified via LinkedIn

PG unique for two reasons:
      1. They place more people in product management roles without Product backgrounds than any other program
      2. They have a remarkably high standard for their own performance.

The other programs I checked out are not focused on getting you the job. That is the main difference and it is exemplified by PG’s main KPI: getting you the job offer. They have very experienced professionals from Product guiding you through the interview process. I come from a finance background and got multiple job offers during my time at Product Gym. All I did was follow the process. I can’t speak highly enough about the team at Product Gym.
    • Product Manager
      - 1/21/2021
      Jenn Cheng  User Photo
      Jenn Cheng • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      I got more interviews than I could have ever gotten on my own. PG really teaches you how to nail the interview process and what to expect in all the rounds. I would say because we couldn't meet in person, I felt a little bit isolated in the process as I didn't feel like I had a class to really bond with and connect with during the time but otherwise, I really recommend it.
    • D.L  User Photo
      D.L • Product Manager • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      When I decided to move on from my job in marketing and sales back in November of 2019, I already knew that I wanted to be a Product Manager instead of working in sales and marketing all my life. I wanted to help build products that could innovate the market, and lead to new innovations. So I began applying to Product Manager positions left and right, either from Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, any and all job hunting platforms, you name it. I got a few phone call interviews, and a few round 1s, but nothing past that.
      Then I began researching into bootcamps because there's no actual 'Product Manager' degree that you can get from college, and bootcamps were the next best thing. I stumbled across Product Gym and I was extremely skeptical at first. After not having any luck for 2 whole months, I talked with Rich in January, with my train of thought being 'What's the worst that can happen? I might as well talk to their consultant and see what Product Gym does.' I made it my New Year's resolution for 2020 to land myself a Product Manager job. I was wondering, if I can't even get multiple interviews, or pass round 1 interviews, what good is a bootcamp like Product Gym going to do?
      I was so wrong - even though the curriculum is extremely taxing and difficult, if you stick through it, you can land a job. After about 3 weeks, I've been passing round 2 and round 3 interviews, and then after 4 or 5 weeks (I lost count), I finally hit my first round 4 interview. Next thing I knew, I got an offer - but I didn't stop there, because the offer wasn't in the dream field I wanted just yet. I kept going at it, and eventually I landed myself a job at a great medium sized company, with a product that I believe in. I went from barely getting an interview, to getting past multiple rounds, and landing 3 different offers in the end.
      Trust me - PRODUCT GYM WORKS. Nobody knows this field and getting a job in Product Management more than Rich, and his team at Product Gym.
    • Connor  User Photo
      Connor • Verified via LinkedIn
      I enrolled in Product Gym to help me land a job in product management. Specifically, I was having trouble at the top of the funnel: getting R1 interviews. Product Gym helped me revise my resume, and make my brand much more compelling to recruiters and hiring managers. Product Gym mentions that they help candidates get a ton of R1 interviews, which they absolutely delivered on for me. By having practice with a large number of interviews, I was able to iterate on my brand to get deep into interview processes, and ultimately get offers.
    • Tri Nguyen  User Photo
      Tri Nguyen • Product Manager • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am a PM at small startup for nearly 2 years. I just watch video of product gym from youtube and join webinar of Richard but they give me a lot of resource to self study and practice. That's why i have got 2 offers from big company in my location after 1 month. I want to say thank you to Rich and product gym for helping me. I am living in developing country so I have not enough money to take course of product gym but in the future i will join.
    • Joma  User Photo
      Joma • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Product Gym provides the best resources for breaking into product management. They give you all the tools you need such as resume/cover letter help, interview prep for the different rounds of the PM interview process, and informative online classes taught by amazing product managers. I went from having 0 interviews before becoming a member, to having 4 interviews per week!

The PG team is incredibly helpful and the community is very supportive. I am very grateful for Product Gym and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to land their dream PM role.
    • Charlie Kottler  User Photo
      Charlie Kottler • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Although it is quite expensive, Product Gym helped me get my branding up to snuff in order to land first round interviews, gain the confidence to properly portray my experiences in interviews, and learn about the finer points of product management to convert interviews to offers. The bi-weekly coaching calls were very helpful for getting all my questions answered regarding the day-to-day of interviewing and the classes were led by elite product managers and experts on a variety of topics that PMs need to abreast of to be competitive in market. I highly recommend this program for more junior and experienced product managers alike. The community of PMs in the program is fantastic and everyone in my cohort was always willing to help with everything from little questions to case study practice sessions. Mind you this entire course was virtual during COVID-19 - well done Product Gym!