product-gym-logo

Product Gym

New York City

Product Gym

Product Gym is a part-time, 6-week product management education course in New York City. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, Product Gym teaches students the skills needed to excel in product management. Courses include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

Product Gym is a total of 30 hours of in-person, classroom instruction taught by a lead instructor and a subject-matter-expert. At the end of the course, students will be able to confidently build a product roadmap and define the MVP, identify the key languages needed to build software, and articulate a specific use case in their background that is relevant to product management.

Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management, as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

The curriculum is designed to grow individuals’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job hunting strategies. Product Gym primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon Completion of Product Gym’s course, graduates will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (145) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

New York City
      Interview

• Alex V.  User Photo
      Alex V. • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Raymond, Rich, and Cody are a great team at Product Gym to help you with landing a job as a PM! They help you from Resume updating to interviews to case studies and offer negotiating. I transitioned from an engineer to a PM and landed over 50+ interviews which led to 3+ offers in only 2 months.

If you are looking to land a senior PM role or transition into a career as a PM, I highly suggest you enroll in Product Gym.

• Andy  User Photo
      Andy • Senior PM • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I started Product Gym about a month into my current PM job search (while working full time).  The cumulative impact of the tools, techniques and lectures has 10x'd my productivity.  I've generated 55 interviews, 3 on-sites and 1 offer in 4 weeks.  During my last job search I had two years experience in product and generated 2 offers after three months recruiting full time.

The career coaching and job search components of this course made it well worth the investment for me.

• Product Manager
      - 4/30/2019
      Craig   User Photo
      Craig • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Product Gym was an integral part of my most recent job search. The feedback that Cody and Rich provided with respect to marketing myself as a PM and communicating like a PM was insightful, and I noticed immediate results after applying this feedback. The lecturers that spoke during the course were also among the best Product speakers that I've heard; not only did they provide helpful tips for answering interview questions, they also gave us great context and advice for how to think like PMs and approach problem solving on the job.

After 4 weeks in Product Gym, I had 2 job offers; don't think I could've done this on my own. Thanks guys!

• Atma  User Photo
      Atma • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have been watching Rich’s content for months before I decided to reach out the Product Gym. After 15 minutes of actually being on the phone with him; I was sold. I was sold on the whole program because Product Gym gets it. Product Gym’s approach is to first increase the quantity of the interviews you are going on and then improve the quality (conversion ratio) of the interviews you are going on. In both regards Rich and Cody and the best of the best.

Why? Why I am raving about these guys? Its because Rich comes from a technical recruiting background. He has actually posted positions, sorted resumes, screen candidates, negotiated salaries. He has a disgustingly intimate understanding of how technical hiring works. You need a guy like that if you stand to land this job, because everybody else that I have spoken to in this field of product management has no clue how to land a job. I have seen the number of students that have taken jobs with Product Gym. They have something truly special here and it works.

• Marcos  User Photo
      Marcos • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After finishing the course I was reached by 3 hiring managers for Product Management positions. The instructors were there to help me prep for the interviews( from the screening phone call, all the way up to the final rounds). The learning material and content published by Product Gym definitely helped me land a job as an Associate Product Manager for a growing company in the people’s workforce space.  In addition, my salary increased by more than ~100%!!!! (I was freelancing previous to this)

I would definitely recommend Product Gym to any of my colleagues trying to break into Product Management.

• Smitha Achar  User Photo
      Smitha Achar • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

I was fortunate enough to meet Rich during one of the meet ups organized by Product Gym. To say he’s been an instrumental help in upgrading my resume, recommending me for product manager jobs, coaching me through every step of the way would be an understatement.

Within meeting him for the first time, I had already gotten interviews to 2 companies (within 2 days) which weren’t even happening for me before.  I also met a few people who he connected me with who have helped immensely to sharpen my focus on landing a PM job. They really do know what they are doing and I have also spoken with a few of the alumni who sing praises for Product Gym and how they have really helped them land the PM job they really wanted.

They focus on applying for jobs and generating interviews as much as possible because in the end, that’s what you really want right? To get a PM job as soon as you can. They value your time and teach you the essentials of what you will incur in your experience as a PM. I would really recommend them if your looking for a PM job. It will definitely shorten the time that you spend because the advice that they give you is gold and works out here in the world.

Just go for it! Don’t waste time cause you’ve already missed a few opportunities reading my review!

• Alissa • Product Manager

I first met Richard when I joined a Product Management Resume Building webinar a few weeks prior. I quite honestly had very little expectations about the seminar, but was pleasantly surprised with how much guidance I received from Richard in that one-hour session. Subsequently, we also were able to set up a 30-minute consult to discuss our resume and LinkedIn profiles in more depth (as part of the webinar). Yet again, I went in anticipating that I'd receive a few nuggets of knowledge at best. But... that was far from what actually happened. Not only was I provided a WEALTH of information in that Zoom chat, I also received an astounding amount of tangible data and feedback that I can act on. Say that to say, that I am appreciative of the content that Richard and the Product Gym team have curated, and I highly suggest that anyone on the PM job hun consider it to give you that extra UMPF across the finish line!

• Product Gym
      - 8/6/2019
      W.L • Student

I joined Product Gym hoping to propel my career into product management.  2 months later, I have 3 offers with more interviews to come.  This was not a cakewalk.  Product Gym teaches you how to approach interviews differently.  Just like learning anything new in life,  it takes time and a lot of effort to internalize the strategy so it can be applied during interviews.  In my case, I had to rebrand my entire background while thinking and interviewing like a product manager.  Within the first week of applying for jobs, I was already hearing back from 4-5 companies. For anyone who is interested in getting a product management job, put in 100% energy on the Product Gym system and you will be rewarded.

• Product Gym
      - 7/24/2019
      Tom • Product Manager • Graduate

Excellent course. Solid strategy for job hunting that has worked for me--twice. Highly recommend it, as Cody and Rich give you the honest truth behind recruiting and the tools and attitudes you need to get the job you're looking for.

Additionally, the preparation for the job is excellent, with plenty of subject matter experts (read: product managers) giving solid advice.

• Avi • PM • Student

Product Gym, where do I start? These guys care about you as a candidate, as an interviewee and as a person who is searching a job. They understand the Product Manager job market very well and take serious pride in making sure as a candidate you are equipped with the knowledge, tactics & the experience to succeed in interviews. Their teaching staff is very good and help you prepare for one of the most demanding jobs in the tech industry. Product Gym supports you right from rebranding your resume & cover letter, application strategy, interviewing tactics, take home assignments & offer negotiations. I have received multiple offers, all thanks to PG. To be clear, as a candidate you need to put in the hard work and follow their strategies to be successful. If you are serious about getting a PM role, don’t think too much & just enrol with Product Gym. These guys will take care of you in your journey of becoming a PM.

• James • Product Manager • Graduate

Prior to joining Product Gym, I had started my search for new roles.  I was already a product manager by title but after getting rejected from countless roles, I knew I needed to talk the talk more than I was currently doing.  I was pretty heavily interviewing before joining PG  but when 3 final round (multi hour in-persons) failed to convert to offers, I knew I needed some coaching.  Product Gym stood out from the other PM options like GA and PS because of the immediate focus on the interviewing process, LinkedIn optimization, and Resume feedback.  After sitting down with Rich, I realized that his “take no prisoners” attitude and insider recruiter knowledge was tremendously valuable and I was sold on the program.  Within days of optimizing my LinkedIn profile, I started seeing results with increased views of my profile.  Over the next few weeks the amount of LinkedIn traction I was getting was unreal.  I successfully landed a new PM role, after a few coaching sessions and case study review thanks to the PG process.  PG was a really solid investment as I was able to get a tremendous increase in my salary with my new gig.  Thanks Rich, Cody and the rest of the team at PG!

• A.G. • Student

Product Gym is a fantastic program for those looking to land a Product Manager job in any industry – especially for those people who don’t have previous PM experience.  They have developed a unique approach where they assist you with both aspects of landing a PM job – 1) Having all the skills necessary to be a PM and 2) Being able to successful secure interview calls and perform well with companies across the nation. They help you from scratch by revising and optimizing your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile which positions you perfectly for the job application process. Simultaneously, their coursework covers a variety of different topics ranging from interview skills to technical PM skills required for the job. This combination empowers you to successfully apply and interview through all the various rounds that one encounters during the PM interviewing process. They are not the typical organization that will just provide you with the content and expect you to land a job on your own. They are with you through every step of the process right up to the point where you receive and accept an offer from a company. I am extremely happy with my time spent with Product Gym and what they did for me, no other organization has been able to offer / accomplish since I started looking for PM roles over a year ago. Thank you to Rich, Cody, and the entire Product Gym team for empowering me to secure a career in Product Management.

My primary feedback to the Product Gym team is that the online experience needs to improve so that people who are viewing the classes remotely have the same experience / value as those who are viewing the lectures on-site. I believe this is a work-in-progress and the PG team is continuously trying to improve the experience.

• Worth the Hustle
      - 6/6/2019
      Joe • Graduate

The leaders and teachers of Product Gym are dedicated to finding you the right positions at great companies across the country. Many qualified individuals have the abilities to apply their knowledge and abilities to be a Product Manager. The curriculum and teachers understand the underlying processes to obtain the best positions and how to brand yourself. They will get you through the process much quicker than on you would on your own, given the immense resources and advice they can provide. Their main goal is to get you a position you love. You can learn the basics for free online, but actually landing the right job can be very wasteful and time consuming with a bad process. I was able to pivot industries and obtain interviews within the first month of the program. The program is a solid investment and benefits the hard-working students.

• Chuck

For me, it completely upended 20 some years of conventional wisdom of how to go about the job search process.  In one $12.24 informational session in early October 2018 I learned more about the current job search landscape and what it would take to get a product management job than I had in the previous 12 months going to meetups and networking with people in industry and HR roles as I searched for my next role.

I bought in, within 10 days of that initial informational session I had a call with Rich (our scheduled 30-minute call almost reached the 90-minute mark), joined the November 2018 Cohort, modified my resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn Profile and by the first week of November, I started applying in scale.  The Product Gym Community built by Rich and Cody is a gold mine, I used some piece of knowledge or insight from every interaction with the Product Gym instructors, Alumni and Cohort participants.

Highly recommend this program to anyone looking to land their first product management job, whether new to product management or career changers.  Also, recommend to current product managers that are looking to level up and land more senior product management roles.

• Maxwell K • Product Manager • Student

Many people turn to bootcamps because they're desperate. Product Gym gives you the knowledge and confidence to lose the desperation, not to mention the support you'll get from your peers and staff. Helpful for anyone looking to break into product management or to land more offers and get a more senior pm role.

• David • Senior PM • Student

This review is long over due and I really want to give Rich and Cody along with the entire team at Product Gym a huge shout out. I couldn’t be happier at my current job right now and I owe this position to PG. These guys know what they are talking about and they mean business. I met Rich years ago at a talk and chose to not enroll immediately, because I believed I had the network, skills, and most importantly time to figure this out on my own. I made a huge mistake doing so and after watching PG grow I decided to take the leap of faith 8 months after my first meeting with Rich. I don’t regret my decision at all. The coaching that his team offers is absolutely invaluable.

My game plan before was simply to flex my Stanford MBA and expect to get any PM job that I wanted. It didn’t work. Much to my dismay I wasn’t able to garner many interviews through the Stanford network either. I made all the textbook mistakes by targeting only the companies I wanted to work at without accounting for the fact that other people also wanted to work there (just like Rich is always saying). Product Gym provided me with a much better foundation for success. 7 days into to program, my resume was already revamped along with my linkedin, and cover letter than communicated a story of how my background was a value add. In less than 22 days after my first installment, I had more phone screens than I could attend. They even helped me with my case studies and Rich personally coached me himself on how to conduct the offer negotiation. Even now, I still reach out to Rich from time to time to plan out my next career moves and he has never EVER not picked up the phone when I ring him.

Nobody was ever taught how to job hunt effectively, especially for a PM position which has become the most desired title. If you are planning your next job hunt you need Product Gym. The $3,500 I made was worth more than my entire time at Stanford, because although I learned a lot there; the intention was always to land my dream job. Go and schedule the call today!

• Trust the Process
      - 5/24/2019
      Kevin Park • Graduate

There are many good resources available for learning how to be a good product manager but none that come close to Product Gym's niche: how to LAND the product manager role. Below are some of the many unique aspects of Product Gym that ultimately gave me the confidence to choose Product Gym over the numerous resources available regarding Product Management. I was part of the remote/online cohort.

1. Rich (Founder)'s "rich" background in technical recruiting
      This is incredibly valuable because he knows what it takes for a candidate to be successfully hired and that's what the whole Product Gym course is all about. He came up with a process that optimizes the job application + interviewing process, which is critical for those that are time-limited and want to see results right away.

2. Accountability
      In addition to great instructors, Product Gym is a community of current/aspiring Product Managers and everyone is open to sharing resources/perspectives & growing together during the interviewing process. Everyone is gunning for the same purpose and staff will keep you accountable in your job searching process.

3. Coaching
      Knowing principles isn't enough to get hired. You have to be likable so individual coaching and Q&A sessions help to sharpen your pitch/interview responses so you can continue to iterate. Interviewing no longer was scary; I started spending only 10-15 min prepping because I knew exactly what kind of 'flavor' I needed to deliver.

I landed a role in the exact timeframe I had in mind. Don't even bother looking anywhere else- trust in Product Gym. Trust the Process.

• Product Operations
      - 5/16/2019
      Carolyn L. • Product Operations

Product Gym was instrumental in my job search and ultimately helped me land a product offer ~2 months after starting their course. They are so much more than a course. I found Rich, Cody, and their community to be invaluable and leveraged their coaching and feedback every step of the way.  Overall, the course is a lot of work but for people who are serious, its worth the effort.

• J.H. • Student

Product gym focuses a lot on helping you land your dream product manager job. Rich and Cody work very hard to keep us on track in job search and motivate us to get out of our comfort zone. They are very inspirational and gave me advice on within days starting the program. Before the program, I was frustrated with the search and did not get any interviews at all. Not only was I able to learn the knowledge and skills needed as a PM from the courses, I was able to get 5-10 interviews a week within days after I started the program. Rich and Cody's methodology really works, and you just have to keep up with the program even though it takes a lot of effort! I highly recommend this program if you want to land your PM job.

• G.W. • Graduate

Before Product Gym, I was barely applying for product manager jobs; I was very intimidated by all of the PM interview practice materials out there that was geared toward people trying to get into Facebook, Google, and Amazon (I had no ambition for any of those companies). I thought I'd have to spend years mastering all of that material, but that wasn't an option for me. I needed to find a hack to get a new PM job. When I came across Product Gym after they advertised their event on how to nail the PM process and interview game, I attended and was immediately intrigued by their whole methodology of playing the interview numbers game. I felt that their approach was fresh and different from what I had heard and read, and they actually had a couple of their PG alums at the event who could vouch for the fact that they got jobs by going through the program. I very shortly signed up; I knew the program would force me to stop dragging my feet with interviewing (you have to let the program know how many jobs you've applied to and how many interviews you got, also for the amount of money that you're paying, you better follow through), I'd have access to Rich and Cody to provide answers to questions you just can't get on the internet, and I would be going through the whole crazy process with a bunch of people whom I could learn from and commiserate with.

In the end, I got a higher PM title and my salary grew by leaps and bounds  in my new PM role,  so I was happy with the results.

Some areas for improvement:

Curriculum: Overall, I liked the idea of learning product management material from different subject matter experts. That is how Product Gym is set up so that in one session you may be learning UX research from an actual UX researcher and the next session you may be learning product marketing from an actual product marketer. However, if you're not already familiar with the entire product development life cycle, learning all of this material in not quite the same order as that life cycle can be a little disorienting. This un-ordered learning may have been due to Product Gym having to work with the trainers' schedules. For this reason, it's important for a student to read the pre-work prior to attending all of the sessions.

Onboarding: I was told that Product Gym would assist me with my cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn optimization -- meaning they would physically help out in these areas. Even though they did do some resume optimization for me, I would say that I mostly optimized my cover letter and LinkedIn profile on my own using the guidance of their teaching materials. It wasn't that big of a deal as I did see results from my efforts, but I think they oversold that part of their program.

Culture: The culture of the staff at Product Gym can be pretty brash and in your face. I often had a good laugh at this, but I think the staff needs to be mindful that not everyone will warm up to that level of brashness. Sometimes you need to tone it down in order to create a safe environment for people to freely express themselves. I will say that what you get in return is full throttle transparency and honesty from the staff, but you may have to learn to have a tough skin.

• Max Teodore • Product Management

I was grandfathered into my current PM and learned quite a bit on the job and through self-guided learning, but never felt validated due to only working for a single company. I lacked confidence because I couldn’t compare my own product experience to anything other than what I read, which often created an endless loop of over-analysis. Participating in Product Gym helped me understand how to properly organize my thoughts through a PM framework which added consistency and organization to my approach. Suddenly I felt authenticated and empowered to take control of my interviews and exponentially improved my performance. PG not only filled holes in my knowledge but to me meta-skills that I will forever apply to my job hunt for the rest of my life. Completely worth the investment. Beyond the classes themselves, you receive personalized coaching, access to a network of fellow PMs. The support of the students of my cohort and our knowledge sharing have been paramount. Highly recommended. Would do again.

In the words of Tim Ferriss, the most efficient form of skill acquisition comes from studying the techniques of masters and creating a feedback loop so that you're constantly improving and cutting through the noise. That's what Product Gym does.

• Maria • Student

Was fortunate enough to meet Rich before PG and followed him online for great content and free classes. Even free matherial is solid and can teach you new skills. But the course itself is a packed with practice and will make you ready for any interview. Highly reccomended for people who just enter PM space as well as experience ones.

• Product Manager
      - 4/24/2019
      Greg Hladky • Product Manager • Student

Product Gym works. It's the only Product program I've seen that treats it's members like a product and is designed to create a successful outcome - landing a product job. If you're frustrated with your job search or transition into Product Management this program will address all of your pain points. It's very community oriented and creates the right environment of support and resources to aid in the job search. Make the investment in the program, it works.

• Mehboob • Student

After spending hours researching product management courses in NYC I could only find ones focused on concepts and fundamentals, then I stumbled upon Product Gym and I'm so glad I did. The program is focused on the practical side - actually landing that product management job you want! Rich, Cody and team lay out a clear and effective process that produces real results - I'm talking more interviews than you can handle and ultimately real offers. Along the way, you'll learn all the concepts, frameworks and lingo you need to know. If you're looking to land a job in product management, even if you come from a different background, joining Product Gym should be an absolute no-brainer!

• MP • Graduate

This program arms you with all the tools necessary to land a PM role, starting with the fact that the skills needed to land a PM role are very different from those needed to be successful as a PM.

Today, because of the popularity of the PM job, the interview process has become quite structured and this course teaches you to master every step of that process.

It not only teaches you the right combination of skills to be impactful in a PM role, but also how to highlight and communicate them via the right language to all decision makers as part of your PM interview process.