Microverse requires that students are fluent in English, have access to high speed internet, own a computer, and have at least 3 months of experience learning to code full-time (or the equivalent) before joining the 22-week program. To apply, applicants must complete pre-course work, solve coding challenges, and take part in a collaborative project with another applicant via pair programming.
Microverse students receive job interview prep, have unlimited access to a career coach when they graduate, and only pay tuition once they receive a job or freelance contract as a software developer. Graduates with a job pay 15% of their monthly salary up to a cap of $15,000.
Courses are available to students in all countries, with three timezones available for study.
Recent Microverse Reviews: Rating 4.96
Recent Microverse News
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans The program is completely free until you find a job. After that, you will pay 15% of your monthly salary until you reach a cap of $15,000.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work You will need to pass a series of coding challenges and complete a collaborative project with another applicant in order to join the program. If you are not ready for the coding challenges yet, you can complete our pre-course work. Placement Test No Interview No
24 reviews sorted by:
- An amazing school for remote software developers- 12/6/2019Kingsley Omotayo • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
The best thing to happen to me in 2019 was joining microverse because it completely changed my life by giving me the tools I needed to get my dream job as a remote software engineer in a fully remote company. The staff of Microverse are so helpful and are genuinely interested in your personal growth as a software developer and person.
- A Microverse ad on Facebook appeared in front of me at the right moment. The message they had was "you don't pay anything until you get a job that pays you $1,000 USD or more.” That is a huge plus for people that don’t have the resources, but have the desire to study.
Also, the fact that Microverse helps you to find a remote job as a software developer after the training is a huge plus. Now, we have 2 points in favor of Microverse.
The difficulty to find a good job in a small city encouraged me to join Microverse, as one of my goals is to enter in the software development world to learn how this works from inside a real software company.
After 5 months, I define Microverse as a place where you can find people with interests similar to yours, that are willing to help you anytime you ask for help, and a place where you will learn to code as a pro.
Another feature is the pair programming, where you will practice your English, learn to explain your ideas and code, and understand other people's code and ideas. Also, you will learn more about time zones.
But if this is not enough, there are also TSEs (technical support engineers) that review your code and give you feedback to improve your code and projects.
- I'm so close to my dream job.- 11/13/2019Yunus Emre AYBEY • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhen I learned about Microverse for the first time, I couldn't believe it. "Do not pay until you get a job" seemed too good to be true, but I suppose that's how a school commits itself to its students.Still, I wondered if I could learn to code through the program, so I was excited when I was accepted.In 3 months, I learned more than in 4 years studying computer engineering at my college. And now that I am about to finish the technical curriculum, I'm confident about my ability to work with Microverse to get my first job as a software developer.Additionally, I feel like Microverse is my family. They really care about you, listen to your problems, and help you to overcome them.Also, they don't stop. Microverse continues adding staff to the curriculum team, and I can tell the program is improving every day.I'm from Turkey. Believe me when I say Microverse is not selling a dream from thousands of miles away. They are making them real.
- Peer to Peer Learning At Its Finest- 11/13/2019Ryan Vergara • Software Engineer • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
What attracted me initially to Microverse's full-time program was the pair coding scheme. I had never collaborated with anyone in building software prior to joining Microverse. I wanted to learn how to build scalable software so I needed to be able to work with others in complex projects. After months in the program, I got more than what I wanted.
Every single day, for at least 8 hours, I and my coding partner worked on coding challenges and then built complex apps. We also spent time discussing concepts (debated, researched, experimented). Those daily grinds strengthened our engineer muscles and made us ready for war.
When the time was ripe, we were also assigned newer students to mentor as well as perform code reviews. These two tasks developed in us the leadership capability necessary to become senior developers. While one might argue that becoming a senior engineer is mostly about high technical IQ, I would counter that 5 highly motivated junior engineers led by a good senior engineer would build better apps than one rockstar senior engineer.
I am now in the Career-preparation stage of the program. I have been assigned a dedicated career coach who has been amazing. Every step into building my online presence (LinkedIn, Resume, Portfolio, even how I introduce myself) she has been guiding me.
Above all those great stuff the biggest value I got by enroling to Microverse is the friendships I have build over the months. I now have new friends from all over the world - Asia, North and South America, Africa and Europe. With this, I would even consider Microverse as a Social Network - but one that makes one build a network deeper than clicking a "Connect" or "Add Friend" button.
The only requirement to succeed in Microverse's full-time program is the willingness to invest time. The returns are more than a thousand percent compounded!
- Code your way to your best self with Microverse- 11/12/2019Elizabeth Villalejos • Fullstack web developer • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
Microverse came into my life at a strange time where I was in a crossroad about where should I "steer the wheel" on my life. I had recently finished up a second degree, been applying for all kinds of jobs with little to no luck due to living in a small city where good paying jobs are scarce and my availability had been cut short significantly due to taking care of a loved one who was in the hospital.
During my sister's hospital time I re-discovered coding. I had always wanted to give it a shot, but never felt like I was good enough to make it work. Started picking up lessons here and there, then came along a Microverse ad. I was sure I wanted to go deep into this and Microverse gave me the perfect opportunity. It specializes in remote jobs so that was perfect for me as I was sure I could not leave my family at this time.
Microverse lets you build your knowledge, practice your english and people skills and build a strong sense of confidence at the same time. Learning in a supportive community where everyone is willing to help and strive for each other's success is something that I don't think you find anywhere. I'm grateful I took the plunge on this.
After finishing main projects curriculum, they also prep you for interviews, help you polish your portfolio, help along with the job negotiation and lay down all the resources they have to make sure you succeed. 100/100 would recommend. I'm even trying to get my sister on board so you know it's the real deal.
Bonus: it's free until you get a job, all you have to do is put some effort and work into it and you're all set.
- I truly treasure my time at Microverse- 11/12/2019Leonard Kanyesigye • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI got to know about Microverse at the perfect moment in my life. I had basic knowledge about programming, but I wanted to be even better so I could get a job in the field.I had bought 4 or 5 courses on Udemy to learn how to program, but procrastination and other distractions made me feel like I would never learn.Quitting my job as a sales personnel to join the full-time program at Microverse has been the best decision I have made this year (2019). I have learned a lot of technical skills and improved many of my soft skills.Now, whenever I feel like I'm procrastinating, I remember that I have a partner and several other students counting on me. That has helped me tremendously in my learning. I can't wait to get my first job.
- Cristian Ines Hernandez Aldana • Engineer of Computer Systems with Speciality in Software Engineer • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
I'm graduated from Engineer of computer Systems with specialty in Software Engineer in Mexico, before i enter to microverse and spend a lot of time searching actively for a software engineer position. But in my city is not the best option from do that.
Thanks to microverse i learned a lot about real world projects with the web development program, and i think the best way to learn to code eficently is with pair program.
Microverse have a lot of benefits to join and one of the best is the stipend to mexican students !!, if you can learn witouth worries from simple things like familiar support, you can aproach it and focus on your coding projects.
I'll recomende microverse if you want to be a remote software developer with best practices and a fluent english !!
- I recommend Microverse to anyone who wants to learn how to develop software professionally, efficiently, and in a pleasant environment :)- 11/11/2019Thaís V. • Full-Stack Developer • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI decided to join Microverse mainly due to:1- The methodology and how it's focused on professional development through the execution of real projects that can be used in a portfolio;2- The opportunity to immerse yourself in English and improve your communication skills;3- The possibility to only pay after getting a job in the technology sector;4- The professional assistance from experienced recruiters to guide me through applying to jobs and interviews;5- The self-paced nature which gives me the time to learn the concepts that are more complex without nonsense pressure.What surprised me at Microverse:1- Their incredible team;2- How quickly Microverse improves its methodology;3- The company's network of hiring partners that is continuously expanding to help more students enter the technology market, faster;4- Their ability to confidential help and support you with any conflict resolution.
- My heartfelt recommendation- 11/11/2019James Okunlade • React.js/Rails SWE • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Let’s cut right to it: I’ve always wanted to be a programmer, but I never learned while in university. In fact, when I turned 24 years old, I thought I was running out of time. How wrong I was: I’m now proficient in React.js/Rails and currently looking for my next job (with Microverse' help and support!)
Beyond the skills Microverse teaches, the program's structure that mimics a real-world remote job ensures you become a well-rounded professional. Strong, open communication becomes critical for you, and you learn how to communicate feedback properly. These remote collaborations will be immensely helpful when working in a quickly-growing and fast-moving teams.
After finishing the technical curriculum, you start the career preparation section, which I think is underrated. You get the chance to work with professional recruiters and coaches that help and guide you until you land your dream job.
I don’t know where I would be without Microverse. It comes with my heartfelt recommendation.
- Microverse is an excellent bootcamp to learn software development and I'm proud to be part of Microverse.- 11/10/2019Temitayo Adeleke • Microverse Student • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I've always loved to build things that benefit people. So, after I graduated from university, I started learning computer programming so I could develop things that could help anyone around the world.
I took online courses, but it was really frustrating because I was doing it on my own. I would get stuck for days not knowing what to do after browsing for solutions to what were probably simple problems.
So, when I stumbled on an article about Microverse, I tried it out. It was a fantastic opportunity to learn and interact with people doing the same thing I was doing.
Joining the program has been a dream come true. I've received a lot of support from more experienced devs, and I've had the opportunity to help those who are just starting, too.
- Excellent Choice!- 11/7/2019Leon Little • Student • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Cons no actual teachers. But we do well peer review each other.
- My Microverse Experience- 11/4/2019Terver Stephen Aosu • Software Engineer • Student • Course: Software Development Program • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Before joining the Microverse Software Development Program, I had struggled with trying to learn to become a software engineer on my own, especially since I do not have a CS background, coming from an Engineering Major wasn't an easy switch.
I found Microverse towards the end of 2018 and I thought I should give it a try especially since I will not be making any financial commitment, I felt I could easily pull out, if it wasn't worth the time and then I was hooked, I have never been in such a program with so much support for your learning, it's more like a family, you reach out to anyone on the team and you are sure to get a very kind response even with the most foolish questions, and since it is remote I have mates from several different countries, background and experience and you are free to interact even on personal notes and learn from each other.
The handpicked resources are I think one of the best you can find anywhere, it is designed with the real-world job requirements in mind.
I am now a confident software engineer thanks to Microverse.