metis-logo

Metis

Chicago, Chicago, New York City, Online, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington

Metis

Metis offers data science training via 12-week full-time immersive bootcamps, part-time online bootcamp prep courses, and corporate training programs, with campuses in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Live Online. The Metis Data Science Bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners and covers Python, Bash, algorithms, linear regression, machine learning, NLP, databases, and interactive data visualization. Graduates will be comfortable designing, implementing, and communicating the results of a data science project, will grasp the fundamentals of data visualization, and will get exposure to modern big data tools and architecture such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark. The data science curriculum is delivered through project-based, hands-on, collaborative learning and Metis provides students with on-site instruction, and access to speakers, mentors, events, and job support.

To apply for the Metis Data Science Bootcamp, applicants need to have experience with programming and statistics, and complete 25 hours of academic pre-work. Metis offers a free, self-paced Admissions Prep course for those who need to brush up on their linear algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and Python skills. Metis is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by learning new technologies and solving real-life problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Data Science field. Metis is authorized to enroll international students with M-1 visas across all U.S. campuses, which allow non-U.S. students to attend technical and vocational programs. International students who are already in the U.S. on an F-1 visa may also transfer to Metis. Veterans may apply to use the Post-9/11 GI Bill® to develop their data science skills at the New York City bootcamp.

Graduates leave fully qualified for data scientist jobs, with placement programs available. Students receive mock interview training, visit company offices, present their projects to employers at Career Day, and have access to an extensive network of speakers, mentors, events, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Metis Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (111) reviews for Metis →

Recent Metis News

Read all (48) articles about Metis →
  • Beginner Python and Math for Data Science

Data Science, Python
    Considering applying to our Data Science Bootcamp but need to build or brush up on your basic skills first? Our Beginner Python & Math for Data Science course was designed for you, the beginner looking for an introduction to the building blocks essential to developing data science skills or forging a new career in the field. This course sets you on the right track, covering everything you’ll encounter during the bootcamp application process. You’ll learn: Basics of Python programming Common Python libraries: NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib Foundations of linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics Please note, the cost of Beginner Python & Math for Data Science can be applied to the cost of the bootcamp once you apply. We welcome all students looking to brush up on data science basics, not just those looking to apply to the bootcamp. Please visit our website to learn more and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about Beginner Python & Math for Data Science, the Data Science Bootcamp, or any other inquiries.
    Minimum Skill LevelAbsolute Beginner
  • Data Science Bootcamp

LocationNew York City, San Francisco, Chicago
    Metis's 12-week accredited data science bootcamp is an immersive program designed to give you the skills and connections you need to launch a career in data science. Career Advisors are dedicated to helping students and grads get hired, while Sr. Data Scientists bring real-world experience to the classroom and guide students as they use real data to build a 5-project portfolio. Each project is a start-to-finish application of the skills needed to be a well-rounded, competitive practitioner in the data science workforce. Each highlights the skills needed in every “facet” of data science: project design, data acquisition and storage, tool selection, analysis, interpretation, and communication. In succession, the projects deepen in both difficulty and independence. Upon graduating, students have completed rigorous training in machine learning, programming in multiple languages (Python, Unix, JavaScript), data wrangling, project design, and communication of results for integration in a business environment. Parallel to this core classroom work is a supporting careers curriculum created and implemented by our Careers Team, which works with each student to secure employment rapidly after graduation with a compatible employer. Our grads go on to work at some of the top companies in their respective markets, including but not limited to Capital One, Facebook, GrubHub, Starbucks, Spotify, NBA and more. We're proud to help our grads land their dream job in data science and our grads are proud to be #MadeAtMetis. Make sure to visit our website and testimonials page to read more. Welcome to Metis!
    We partner with SkillsFund, an innovative financing company that offers financing options for students accepted to our bootcamp. Visit our website to learn more.
    ScholarshipWe offer a $3,000 scholarship for women, members of underrepresented groups, the LGBTQ community, or veterans of U.S. military personnel. We also accept GI Bill® benefits at our NYC campus. Visit thisismetis.com to learn more.
    Minimum Skill LevelSome experience with programming and statistics.
    Prep WorkOnce students are enrolled in the bootcamp, they are granted immediate access to our prework materials, a structured program of 25 hours of academic pre-work and up to 35 hours of set-up is designed to get admitted students warmed up and ready to go.
  • Introduction to Data Science

Data Science, Git, Python, Machine Learning
    This course takes you one step closer to becoming a data scientist by offering a subset of the topics covered in our Data Science Bootcamp. You’ll get a well-rounded intro to the core concepts and technologies taught within the bootcamp, including basic machine learning principles and hands-on coding experience. Plus, you’ll put it all to practice through a mini data science project of your own. We’ll cover the following: Data acquisition, cleaning, and aggregation Exploratory data analysis and visualization Feature engineering Model creation and validation Basic statistical and mathematical foundations for data science We welcome all students looking to brush up on data science basics, not just those looking to apply to the bootcamp. Please visit our website to learn more and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about Introduction to Data Science, the Data Science Bootcamp, or any other inquiries.
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents should have some familiarity with basic statistical and linear algebraic concepts. In Python, it will be helpful to know basic data structures.
  • Online Data Science Bootcamp

Metis's 12-week accredited online data science bootcamp is an immersive program designed to give you the skills and connections you need to launch a career in data science. Career Advisors are dedicated to helping students and grads get hired, while Data Science Instructors bring real-world experience to the classroom and guide students as they use real data to build a 5-project portfolio. Each project is a start-to-finish application of the skills needed to be a well-rounded, competitive practitioner in the data science workforce. Each highlights the skills needed in every “facet” of data science: project design, data acquisition and storage, tool selection, analysis, interpretation, and communication. In succession, the projects deepen in both difficulty and independence. Upon graduating, students have completed rigorous training in machine learning, programming in multiple languages (Python, Unix, JavaScript), data wrangling, project design, and communication of results for integration in a business environment. Parallel to this core online classroom work is a supporting careers curriculum created and implemented by our Careers Team, which works with each student to secure employment rapidly after graduation with a compatible employer. Our grads go on to work at some of the top companies in their respective markets, including but not limited to Capital One, Facebook, GrubHub, Starbucks, Spotify, NBA and more. We're proud to help our grads land their dream job in data science and our grads are proud to be #MadeAtMetis. Make sure to visit our website and testimonials page to read more. Welcome to Metis!
    Minimum Skill LevelSome experience with programming and statistics.
  • Python for Beginners

Data Science, Python
    Are you thinking about applying to our Data Science Bootcamp, but need to build your Python skills first? Our Python for Beginners course was designed for you - the beginner ready to learn the fundamentals of the world’s most popular programming language for data science from scratch. During this 3-week course, you will learn: -Introduction to programming in Python -Common basic data types and their properties -Logical operations, loops, functions and more Please note, the cost of Python for Beginners can be applied to the cost of the bootcamp once you apply. We welcome all students looking to learn Python fundamentals, not just those looking to apply to the bootcamp. Please visit our website to learn more and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about Python for Beginners, the Data Science Bootcamp, or any other inquiries you may have.
    Minimum Skill LevelAbsolute Beginner

• Zoe  User Photo
    Zoe • Data Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before: Psychology major with eclectic work experience for the six years since I'd graduated. Decided I didn't have enough concrete skills/experience to land a job that would be challenging and interesting enough, and I didn't trust myself to learn on my own. Decided on a bootcamp because of the structure and network it would provide, and considered data science because it seemed more niche than coding.

Application: I wasn't set on attending Metis, but when the application was harder than I expected, I was determined to get in. With virtually zero coding experience, I had to learn everything on the spot, and honestly that application was the most empowering weekend of my life. And I got in. Whoo!

Prework: I worked right up until the bootcamp started, so it was challenging to finish up there while completing the prework (I enrolled three weeks before the start date). However, the application plus the prework meant that I was prepared for the bootcamp. Would have been really hard to do the bootcamp without the prework.

Bootcamp: Full-time for three months. My boyfriend was annoyed that I was always working on projects, and I probably would have done better on my projects if I'd been single, but alas. Classmates were very supportive (I didn't experience any competitiveness between people). My cohort was unusually small (19 people), which was nice, and the small size of Metis overall meant it felt very personal, but the WeWork environment provided more people to chat with, ping pong, and coffee. Class material was great, and A LOT. Every day we "learned" something that I could have spent at least a week playing around with. There's really too much to learn, and the hardest part of the bootcamp was figuring out how to prioritize between projects, challenges, reviewing lectures, doing the extra readings, and experimenting on my own. The projects were challenging but essential for learning and also provided good presentation experience. Although both of my instructors were very knowledgeable and eager to help, the quality of instruction varied; I think Metis needs to spend more time preparing instructors (because intelligent people don't always teach well, especially not on such a wide variety of tools). Daily pair coding was awesome for the learning and the social aspect, and occasional cohort+staff activities were nice too. Definitely not an easy program! But like most things, you get what you put in, and of course YMMV.

Career support: Awesome career support throughout the bootcamp and beyond. Headshots, resume help, mock technical and non-technical interviews, speakers from the field, etc. Luckily I got a job pretty quickly and didn't need that much help after the bootcamp, because I think supporting the current cohort and the one that just graduated is too much for one person and she was sometimes hard to connect with once the new cohort started.

Job: I got a job! It's a data/backend engineer for an advertising/marketing agency. I don't use any data science per se, but I LOVE my job and I definitely could not have gotten it without the coding I learned at Metis and the opportunity of Metis Career Day, where I met my current manager.

Feel free to call/text me to hear more! 917-583-5942

• Data Scientist
    - 7/25/2019
    Jake  User Photo
    Jake • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came to Metis with a background in academic research and a graduate degree in biological sciences. Throughout my time as a graduate student I found several use cases for programming and using statistical modeling techniques for ongoing research projects but decided to pursue Metis with the hopes of expanding my knowledge of applying data science in real world business settings. Metis was instrumental in enabling me to drastically improve my statistical modeling and machine learning capabilities in addition to becoming well versed in deriving viable solutions to complex business problems. Furthermore, the emphasis of being able to communicate results in front of both technical and non-technical audiences was incredibly helpful for my development as a data scientist.

I would highly recommend Metis to anyone interested in pursuing data science as a career.  The instructors are phenomenal and will provide you with all the tools and resources necessary for your success. The bootcamp was a significant time investment but was well worth the effort so long as you are willing to put in the time required to learn new concepts. All staff and instructors at Metis are fully committed to your success and I couldn't think of a better environment to kickstart your career as a data scientist.

• Keith  User Photo
    Keith • Data Scientist - Consultant • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came to Metis from a very nontraditional background. I received my bachelor's from a conservatory in New York City, where I studied classical French Horn performance. While there, I had every intention of continuing to play music professionally.

I decided to do Metis for several reasons. After graduating, I spent several years in a variety of positions mostly related to project management and business operations but was looking to get into more analytical/technical professions. I was taking courses on Udacity and Udemy for about a year; while I found those courses helpful and informative, but they were not enough on their own to facilitate a career transition.

I learned about Metis from a close friend of mine who attended. It was a highly transformative experience for him, and he was able to secure a position at a startup where he actually started and is now building the data science team.

Like anything in life, you'll get out of it what you put into it. One thing that makes Metis so great is the community that you join. Some of my closest friends are students that attended my cohort (and even previous and subsequent cohorts). We all helped each other through the challenges that we faced throughout the bootcamp. We learned as much from the instructors as we did from each other by working through our problems together. (Always be willing to ask questions!!!).

While it would be possible for me to (more or less) learn this material on my own, I would not have been to do so as quickly and comprehensively. That said, even if I learned this all on my own, there's no way that I could have achieved the same level of confidence, not without being surrounded by the great instructors, staff, and peers that Metis provides. During the bootcamp, you'll get a clear idea of where the bar is and what you need to do to reach it.

The career counseling was also highly beneficial. They are very honest about the career options you should expect upon completing the bootcamp, and they do their best to connect you with hiring managers and representatives where your unique skills and background will be appreciated.

Without any technical degrees or relevant experience, I was told to expect the possibility of a data analyst position and not a data science position. I had about a 50-50 split in terms of the interviews I was getting between data scientist and analyst positions. Three months after completing the bootcamp, I received two offers from leads generated through the Metis career counselor. One as a Senior Data Analyst and the other as a Data Scientist. I accepted the offer as a Data Scientist.

• Daniel  User Photo
    Daniel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came into the Metis Data Science Bootcamp from a non-STEM background. Undergrad was in History, and grad school was in Architecture/Design. I choose Metis over other options because of the independent project work. It was important to me to work through structuring a project from start to finish, and for the finished products to represent the kind of work I wanted to do in the future. The project-based work resulted in a strong portfolio of projects that transitioned easily into demonstrative work for job interviews and networking.

Metis exposed students to a wide range of concepts, ideas, and strategies during the in-class content. For our own projects, we had freedom to work within certain frameworks to dive deeper into topics or strategies we found more interesting. For the final project, we had a blank canvas to execute a project of our own creation. The synthesis of all the bootcamp's learnings with our own interests was deeply rewarding and genuinely exciting. For a cohort that shared a common set of in-class experiences, the individual project-based work and final project created substantial diversity and differentiated expertise within the student body.

In general, the course and project work exceeded my expectations. Another dimension I could not have predicted was the positive and supportive social dynamic within the cohort.

I received my first data scientist job offer two months after the bootcamp ended through a lead generated by Metis, and the offer I accepted occurred 6 months after the bootcamp through a lead I generated on my own.

• Life changing
    - 5/29/2019
    Aaron Gittleman  User Photo
    Aaron Gittleman • Machine Learning Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

If you are here shopping around for a data science bootcamp to launch your new career path, you can stop here. My experience at Metis allowed me to make a massive career change in a surprisingly short time frame, with very little prior experience. In this program, you'll learn from a team of incredibly smart and skilled data scientists who will always go the extra mile to help you understand the dense material. You'll also be in the good hands of a very knowledgeable and effective career support team. To put it simply, if you put in the work, they will make you a highly sought after D.S. candidate in 12 weeks.

Aside from the staff, you'll also learn a lot from your classmates. Cohorts are comprised of smart people with a wide range of backgrounds and expertise who are willing to help each other.

The projects that you complete during this course provide you with an impressive portfolio to showcase during your job search, and the materials taught during the course are exactly what companies are hiring for. If you are motivated to start a new career and ready to put in hard work for it, I can't recommend this enough.

• Tim Vogel  User Photo
    Tim Vogel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

In short, Metis is a fantastic opportunity. I was blown away by the amount of information the faculty was able to teach just 12-weeks. I come from a science background and was delighted by the instructors' willingness to help with what is very challenging material. On top of the incredible teaching staff, Metis also provides you with stellar careeer-support and guidance for navigating life post-grad, and ultimately landing your dream job. If you have the opportunity to participate in this bootcamp, don't pass it up!

• Patrick  User Photo
    Patrick • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Metis because of its accreditation and encouraging reviews and I'm glad I did. Although it was probably the most challenging thing I've ever done, I was also having fun in the process and came in everyday eager to learn more. Not only did the bootcamp equip me with the necessary programming skills I needed to transition to a more technical career, I also built incredible work ethic in the process and befriended and connected with many other intelligent, driven students in the collaborative environment.

My instructors at Metis were very knowledgable and were great at communicating the data science concepts and machine learning algorithms. At the same time, they were patient enough to answer our many questions. The schedule and curriculum was well-rounded and we were trained to be better presenters and communicators with our 5 data science projects/presentations that were due during the course. I couldn't be happier with my decision to attend Metis and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to get into this field.

• Transformative
    - 5/3/2019
    Marc Kelechava  User Photo
    Marc Kelechava • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I can't imagine a more well-structured 3-month program to prepare students for the current Data Scientist job market. The type of work covered in independent projects, the statistical inference/ML curriculum, and daily programming challenges are exactly what companies (in SF at least) are testing for in Data Science positions today. While the post-graduation interview process is difficult, I think in every interview I went on I used some piece of knowledge I picked up at Metis, and heavily credit the program with job placement success.

One caveat is that the program is extraordinarily difficult in terms of expectations and depth/speed of material covered. If you have any meaningful time commitments that can't be put on the backburner for 3 months, I would caution that the program requires near total-focus (this certainly varies per-student, but at least for me, this included heavy night and weekend work over the 3 months). That being said, I'd probably never been as excited to approach each day, and made enormous strides in technical capabilities because of it.

Our cohort was particularly close-knit, and most of us still are in constant contact most days despite the program's completion. This for me was probably even more valuable than the technical content, as it provided a strong network of other people breaking into DS that I'd image will remain invaluable for years.

Career Support after in SF was impressive as well. I ended up going with a company I found independently, but Career Support provided me with at least 20% of my strong leads during the job search.

If you feel compelled to break into the field and are looking to accelerate very rapidly, do this now.

• Spencer Tollefson  User Photo
    Spencer Tollefson • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Metis isn't for the faint of heart. What this program is NOT: an easy, magical path to coast through for 12 weeks to land a data science position. What this program IS: a well structured, intense immersive that can lead you to your goals when doubled with appropriate effort.

My background is from business school. I worked as a Tax accountant CPA, then management consultant for finance related projects, and then as a community economic development volunteer in the Peace Corps. Hard skills such as programming, statistics, or any kind of science were not my forte - but rather I'd developed experience in problem solving and communication skills more than anything. However, one fascinating part of Metis was the diversity of backgrounds among my cohort - and the ability for many people to succeed in the program.

I strongly encourage any potential applicant to be thorough in their preparation and vetting process. If you are able to pass the entrance exam for Metis, and know why you believe the program will help you achieve your goals, then I would highly recommend it ensuring you have the discipline and time to focus on this for 12 weeks.

For my anecdotal experience, Metis was fantastic. I chalk a lot of that up to having done substantial thinking in deciding why I wanted to do a data science bootcamp and how it would help me make the career transition from accountant/consultant to data scientist.

So why Metis then?

• I found the instructors extremely knowledgeable and accessible
    • My cohort peers were intelligent, engaging, and had diverse backgrounds. I think a large part of that is the Metis admittance process
    • Dedicated career support (Marybeth in Seattle) was quite helpful in navigating and structuring the job hunt process
    • The 5 project structure of the program was invaluable. In many of my job interviews I found being able to talk about how I did 5 projects - 4 entirely solo and which included gathering my own data - a huge asset

Additionally, the physical space was perfectly adequate and not run down like I've heard rumors of some other bootcamps. There clearly is support after the bootcamp - but finding a job is not handed to you on a platter. In my personal case, I spent about 12 weeks job searching after the bootcamp as well. It paid off in the end, and I would have done Metis 10/10 times again, but don't expect a job to be handed to you afterward. The Metis presence in Seattle is smaller than some other bootcamps, but if you are willing to expand your job search outside Seattle I personally found Metis connections help me make headway in over 10 different job interviews.

The curriculum continues to bee updated and I'm glad to hear they spent some more time on time-series for the cohorts after my own.

In summary, I recommend Metis if you do the hard work in visualizing how the immersion will help you achieve your next goals. If you believe a data science bootcamp is the right step for you, and you're willing to put in the time and effort into the program, Metis is an excellent investment of your time and money. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

• Stephen Ilhardt  User Photo
    Stephen Ilhardt • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My background was in management consulting and I had some experience with data analysis, but the amount I learned here was unreal. I was really interested in machine learning and neural networks but found I was having trouble learning them on my own in an unstructured way. Metis was perfect for this and aligned with my preferred learning style really well. I learned everything I wanted to and then a whole lot more. They cover just about everything you'll come across as a data scientist in varying degrees of detail, but then set you up to learn so much more after you're done. I spent the weeks after I graduated reading and deepening my knowledge about all of the stuff I learned in Metis, and tutorials and research papers that would have been way over my head pre-Metis just didn't scare me anymore. It's really cool! The instructors were outstanding and could answer just about every question you'd throw at them, and then they went above and beyond to make sure you understood everything before moving on. Take advantage of that because they're all really knowledgeable and more than willing to help. I actually spent quite a bit of time learning things that interested me that weren't in the curriculum for my projects and they even had answers about that stuff too. I really think you'll get a lot out of this, but be prepared to put in the hours. The class goes from nine to five, but if you're willing to work nights and weekends and squeeze every bit of knowledge you can out of this then you'll be very impressed with what you know and can do by the end.

• Buckle up!
    - 3/27/2019
    Kendra  User Photo
    Kendra • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you are looking for an in-person, immersize Data Science bootcamp that will give you skills and confidence in this burgeoning field, you need look no further than Metis. The highlights:

• Passionate, intelligent, yet personable and caring staff
    • Applicable curriculum, a good balance of broad and deep
    • Bright, motivated, supportive peers
    • A true cheerleader in tne Career Support Advisor

I appreciated that there was a significant amount of "pre-work" recommended. This isn't a zero-to-hero bootcamp, and it shouldn't be. Everyone walks in with a baseline, so you can get more or less straight to work learning about Data Science. I enjoyed the project-based curriculum and believe it was a very effective way to teach new concepts. As you learn, you apply it. Instructors are highly available to assist with any questions or issues -- though they sometimes got monopolized by students seeking more help than others. They are incredibly patient, kind, and wise. Classmates were friendly and always willing to help -- it felt highly collaborative, and never overtly competitive. Metis puts forth a lot of effort to make it feel like a community and that each student is valued.

Beyond the Data Science, Metis teaches you *grit*: how to not give up, to find a way. *time management*: you don't have a lot of time for your projects -- so you learn how to time-block and set deadlines for yourself. *how to learn, and learn fast!*: don't know something? Google it. Find a book or a blog. Ask someone. Get creative. These are skills that will serve you well in The Real World.

My only quibble is that I was expecting a bit more from the Metis network in terms of finding a job. Perhaps the Seattle program is too new to have a vast expasne of alums armed with a trove of jobs, just waiting for us to graduate to bestow them upon us. Maybe I am just lazy and entitled. I should note that some alums were very involved and eager to help. Also, Marybeth, the career advisor, is an amazing resource. She is highly knowledgable -- and connected -- and is also always there for moral support. She'll help you structure your time post-bootcamp and negotiate that inevitable job offer.

• Marco Z  User Photo
    Marco Z • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I jumped at the chance to go back to the technical track of my career after spending far too long in technical management. My academic background has been in computer science and math, and I started professionally (a while ago) as a data dev and analyst.

Of the four or five data science immersives I researched, including the other two in-person full time programs in Seattle, Metis is the one that places more rigor and time in the data science aspect of the curriculum, as opposed to the data engineering side of it: data science first, the tools to do it second. Most other programs dedicate too much time to hashing over ETL and development best practices. Those are absolutely necessary in real-life data science positions (ask me about it over beer some time), but they should be a pre-requisite, as they are in Metis, in order to effectively immerse you in data science without distractions during the program.

That doesn't mean you end up being a stats nerd with no practical programming skills, on the contrary. The day starts with a programming brain teaser to fire up the neurons as the coffee kicks in, and the evening ends with you turning in a solid piece of working code that excercises the morning's data science theory and tools lecture.

I'm also always amazed at the quality of the people that make it into the program. From all walks of life, age groups and skill sets, but the common thread is that they have the intuition for data science, plus the drive to learn and do what needs to be done to master it.

And the people working for Metis are also top-notch: skilled, knowledgable, good instructors, administrators, and boosters for the data science professions in the business econsystem.

• LeeRyan Solomon  User Photo
    LeeRyan Solomon • Data Scientist • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This Bootcamp has been one of the most rewarding experience. I got to learn alot and was introduced to so many new techniques regarding Data Science.

I had the pleasure to learn from Alice Zhao and Lara Katten. Both instructors are knowledgeable and are helpful through out the 12 weeks. Both of them are super humble for how much they know. They are perfect compliments.

The best analogy descibing this Bootcamp would be, say there are about 50 different doors where each door pertains to different topics in Data Science (e.g. Git, Data Viz, NoSQL, SQL, Supervised Learning, Unsupercised Learing etc). METIS opens these doors for you and helps you take the first step on the other side, then it is up to you to choose the topics you want to delve deeper into.

If you are thinking of making a career change to Data Science, please consider METIS Bootcamp. It will save you a lot of time and money.

P.S. Everybody has their own interpretation of ratings. Please note I never give a perfect rating, for me a four star is a very high rating.