Merit America is a non-profit that offers 9, 14 and 21-week, part-time bootcamps in IT Support and Java Development in 10+ cities across the United States. Students receive 1:1 career coaching throughout the program, benefit from peer support via weekly squad meetings, and work with a dedicated placement team to find a job. Graduates only pay once they land a job that pays above a regional threshold.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED; individuals currently pursuing or who already hold a bachelor's degree are not eligible. No prior coding experience is required, but applicants should have reliable Internet access, be fluent in English, and authorized to work in the United States. Applicants complete a basic learning assessment and submit a video interview. If applicants are accepted, they start with a 2-4 week trial phase to determine whether Merit America is the right fit for them. There is no official commitment until the end of this trial period.
Merit America does not require payment upfront. Graduates only pay once they are in a new job above the income threshold specified for their program and region. Once in a new job, graduates make small monthly payments for 24 months to repay tuition ($163/month for IT and $225/month for Java). If graduates drop below the income threshold, payments will be paused. If graduates do not land a job above the salary threshold, the program is free.
Recent Merit America Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Merit America News
Start Date January 11, 2021 Cost $3,900 Class size N/A Location Washington, Dallas, Durham, Milwaukee, Charlotte, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Jose, Raleigh, AtlantaThe Merit America IT Support bootcamp is 13 weeks. Bootcamp students will learn technical support & troubleshooting, operating systems, systems administration, IT security, and Office 365 administration and deployment. Upon graduation, IT Support bootcamp students will earn a Google IT Support Certificate.
Deposit N/A FinancingPay nothing up front. Stipends available, repaid once you land a job above the salary threshold. Tuition Plans Pay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $163 per month for 24 months. Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesJanuary 11, 2021 - Dallas Apply by December 14, 2020
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Pay $0 upfront, and only pay once you land a new job making $50,000 or more, in installments of $225/month for 24 months. Scholarship No payment up front, free if you don't land a job above a regional salary threshold.
Minimum Skill Level No prior coding experience is required, but applicants should have reliable Internet access, be fluent in English, and authorized to work in the United States. Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesJanuary 19, 2021 - Phoenix Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Seattle Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Fort Lauderdale Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Denver Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Washington Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Dallas Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - San Antonio Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Durham Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Houston Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - San Francisco Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Los Angeles Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Oakland Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - San Jose Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Atlanta Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Chicago Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Tampa Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Newark Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - New York City Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Philadelphia Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Boston Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Detroit Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Pittsburgh Apply by January 5, 2021January 19, 2021 - Minneapolis Apply by January 5, 2021
Merit America Reviews
11 reviews sorted by:
- Phenomenal Program- 10/20/2020Ashton Bailey • Graduate • Course: IT Support • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInMerit America is a wonderful program that is wholly committed to helping working adults excel in the IT industry. Throughout the process, I was supported by an exceptional coach and team members. That support continues today in the form of Alumni services, furthering illustrating Merits America's desire to catapult its students into their success. Their passion and tireless efforts exerted on behalf of their students are truly inspiring, and I consider myself fortunate to have been apart of a game-changing program such as this.
- Upskilled- 10/6/2020Ricky Wong • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI've always worked hard at everything I do. But it seems that I was going around in circles at times, most likely due to the lack of direction. Merit America provided professional mentorship as well as technical skills training and guidance. Concatenate the helpful support provided by the knowledgeable team with your perseverance, and you have a beautiful equation. More than often a helping hand goes a long way, even when I didn't know I needed it. Merit America allowed me to grow into a version of myself more fitting for a career in the technology industry that I didn't think possible.
- Excellent program- 10/5/2020Sunzida Beg • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI would like to thank the CEO and all staff in Merit America for organizing this excellent program.I graduated from Merit America in 2019. I was always looking for an opportunity to work in the technology field and was looking for an opportunity to learn some programs.In Merit America I have learned JAVA and other programs from experienced trainers, coaches, and mentors.In Merit America I have developed both technology and professional skills. Merit America created my strong base and now it is easy for me to find my path.I think it would be more helpful if students were given some pre-course materials and links to go over before the course starts to gain some knowledge in advance.
- Java Development- 10/5/2020Cody Ortiz • Cloud Specialist • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInMerit America is an organization that truly believes in their mission of providing the necessary skills to experienced workers who are looking to gain an entry role into the technology industry. As a full-time husband and father, I had to prioritize my career at an early age and wasn't able to go after my 4-year degree like I intended to. I had always been interested in technology and programming, but I knew I would need a degree to get into the industry. Finding Merit America after I committed to pursuing an education in Computer Science, I thought the promise sounded too good to be true. I finally decided it was worth the shot, and I am so grateful I made that choice today. Not only did I gain the necessary technical skills through the program, but I also gained the professional skills needed to immediately begin contributing in my new role. I can't recommend the program enough to those that are looking to take a challenging, yet incredibly rewarding step on their path into the technology industry.
- Life Changing Program- 10/4/2020Huy Cam • Software Engineer Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInIt's hard to believe that there is such an opportunity that check out all of my items on my checklist. If you ask, yes I did doubt the fantastic offer that Merit America (MA) had. So I did my due diligence and you know, they didn't ask for anything suspicious so I applied. After applying for the program, you'll get through rigorous tests to assess if you fit the program. My Java program lasted for 5 months. It's was tough and there were a lot of things going on during that time. But my coaches really helpful and gave me a lot of valuable supports. Not only they taught me technical material, but they also taught me how to build a resume, how to nail an interview, how to grow myself professionally. After the program, they helped me connect with their employer partners to get interviews. And now I am a Software Engineer at JP Morgan Chase. Keep in mind that besides their effort, you have to work your butt off on your side your learning journey and job-seeking journey as well. They already build half of the bridge, it's your responsibility to build the other half.
- Changed my Life- 10/2/2020Nick • Software Engineering Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI'd always wanted to break into software development, but never knew how. Merit America gave me a clear path- their specific and relevant curriculum prepared me to answer the questions I faced in interviews. The pair programming and group work we did forced me to learn the technologies well enough to really talk about them, and gave me the opportunity to get to know some amazing people. This transformational opportunity is something I'll always be grateful for.
- Fantastic choice!- 10/2/2020Armando Perez • IT Administrator • Graduate • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedIn
- Merit America IT Support program- 10/2/2020Destiny O Omokhoa • Application support associate • Verified via LinkedInThe Merit America program not only equips you with the technical skills you need to excel but also the professional skills and that include interview skills, workplace communication skills, networking skills and so much more. As a beneficiary of this platform, I proudly recommend it to everyone looking to making a career change to the IT industry.
- Advance your career- 10/7/2020Jennifer Hoang • Applicant • Course: Java Development • Campus: DallasIf your truly looking for a good opportunity to learn and apply your skills then this it is. I love this program and everyone I was able to meet. Everyone is super supportive and always willing to help as long as you’re open as well. It can be hard at times but that’s why you have your peers and the team to help guide you but you have to do the work. I was able to learn so many new things and professional, I am so more open and skilled. I was able to break through my shell and go to networking events and mock interviews. I didn’t land that big developer job but I was able to get my foot in and now I work at Apple. You will go through a lot of interviews and you will receive more no’s then yes. But never give up, they always got your back. You got this other learners, keep that mind young.
- Java Developer-Graduate- 10/3/2020Beauty Kabore • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: DallasLife Changing Experience
I didn’t even know I could be good at programming until I encountered Merit America. The constant coaching ( not only with coding but in the professional sphere too) and peer meetings made the learning process a lot easier. My LinkedIn profile stands out so well that, I am constantly getting noticed by recruiters. I am gaining more knowledge and delving deeper into programming; something I wouldn’t have ventured into if not for Merit America.
Do not miss this life changing opportunity !
Go for it!
- Learner- Google IT Professional Support- 6/22/2020Angela Steward • Learner • Student • Course: IT Support • Campus: DallasGreat blend of online and in person training and offers flexibility for working adults.
No upfront cost.
Amazing support from staff and affiliates. They really care about your success and advancement of your career.
Highly selective 13 week program that is very informative, easy to follow for the most part, and detailed.