Recent Merit America Reviews: Rating 4.67
Recent Merit America News
- April 2022 Coding Bootcamp News
- How Brandon Went From Gig Work to IT Support with Merit America
- February 2022 Coding Bootcamp News
- R, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science, Data Analytics
OnlinePart Time25 Hours/week16 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $5,700 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Merit America Data Analytics bootcamp is 16 weeks. Bootcamp students will learn data types & structures, data visualization, R programming, problem solving with data, and data analysis. Students will complete a data capstone project, and graduate with the skills necessary to start an entry-level job in Data Analytics
Deposit N/A FinancingPay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $95 per month for 60 months. Tuition Plans Pay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $95 per month for 60 months. Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date May 23, 2022 Cost $5,700 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Merit America IT Support bootcamp is 14 weeks. Bootcamp students will learn technical support & troubleshooting, operating systems, systems administration, IT security, and Office 365 administration and deployment. Upon graduation, IT Support bootcamp students will earn a Google IT Support Certificate.
Deposit N/A FinancingPay nothing upfront, and when you're in a new job making above the income threshold, you'll pay $95 per month for 60 months. Tuition Plans Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesMay 23, 2022 - Online
Deposit N/A FinancingPay $0 upfront, and only pay once you land a new job making $50,000 or more, in installments of $225/month for 24 months. Tuition Plans Pay $0 upfront, and only pay once you land a new job making $50,000 or more, in installments of $225/month for 24 months. Refund / Guarantee If you don't land a job over the salary threshold, you don't pay anything!
Minimum Skill Level No prior coding experience is required, but applicants should have reliable Internet access, be fluent in English, and authorized to work in the United States. Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesSeptember 27, 2022 - Online
Merit America Reviews
20 reviews sorted by:
- Full-stack Java development- 5/10/2022Yoni Werkneh • Course: Java Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI recently completed Junior Java Development Bootcamp with Merit America. The coaches I worked with and the tech instructors go above and beyond to help learners. The professional development part of the program is very effective! I received continuous help to polish my resume and sharpen my interview skills. I highly recommend Merit to anyone looking to break into the tech field.
- Java Failure- 3/30/2022Matt • Construction Site Supervisor • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI couldn't get placed for a software development job out of this program. I tried until my money ran out and I had to take a job in the construction field. I still had to pay for the course, which wasn't exactly the understanding I had going in.
Wasted my time and money and would not do it again. No way.
- Java- 12/1/2021Brandon • Student • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInThe program through Merit I will admit seemed a little daunting, however the support system and coaches have been so amazing thus far! The fact that they’re always just a slack message away from helping you get through whatever you’re struggling with has been great. The course is now 30 weeks and it’s been at a great pace for learning with a deeper level of understanding. If you’re thinking about whether Merit is right for you, reach out to them and you’ll see why I and so many others are excited and will be reaping the great benefits of this program.
- Java Development- 12/1/2021Shelby Johnson • Verified via LinkedInMy experience with Merit America was amazing! I went into the program looking for a career change and a way to escape retail. I was working odd hours while trying to raise two small children and it was hard! So after watching my husband go through Merit America’s Java program I thought to myself, I can totally do this! So I did! I worked my butt off learning how to code knowing there was a light at the end of the tunnel, with a new career waiting for me. I am now out of working retail, working for a company that I love and with five year old who is always asking me to teach him to code!
- Brutal but Worth it- 7/5/2021Daved Tadlock • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMerit America's Java full stack program is everything you should expect from a coding boot camp and more. It is a flexible yet rigorous 21-week program that covers Java, Spring/Springboot, SQL, JS, HTML, CSS, React/Redux, AWS, SQL and much more and not only that but you put all these concepts to use in an all inclusive full stack application to present at the end of the course. This is a 'Zero to Hero' program however if you have not had any bit of previous experience or knowledge it will be much, much harder due to how fast you will move through this. You get out what you put in.
Not only do you gain new technical skill but there is also heavy emphasis on professional development from resume and cover letter writing, BI skills, networking, and more.
After all that there is the cost, which is LOW (near $8k) in comparison to other programs where the cost can reach $16k+.
- Phenomenal Program- 10/20/2020Ashton Bailey • Graduate • Course: IT Support • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInMerit America is a wonderful program that is wholly committed to helping working adults excel in the IT industry. Throughout the process, I was supported by an exceptional coach and team members. That support continues today in the form of Alumni services, furthering illustrating Merits America's desire to catapult its students into their success. Their passion and tireless efforts exerted on behalf of their students are truly inspiring, and I consider myself fortunate to have been apart of a game-changing program such as this.
- Upskilled- 10/6/2020Ricky Wong • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI've always worked hard at everything I do. But it seems that I was going around in circles at times, most likely due to the lack of direction. Merit America provided professional mentorship as well as technical skills training and guidance. Concatenate the helpful support provided by the knowledgeable team with your perseverance, and you have a beautiful equation. More than often a helping hand goes a long way, even when I didn't know I needed it. Merit America allowed me to grow into a version of myself more fitting for a career in the technology industry that I didn't think possible.
- Excellent program- 10/5/2020Sunzida Beg • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI would like to thank the CEO and all staff in Merit America for organizing this excellent program.I graduated from Merit America in 2019. I was always looking for an opportunity to work in the technology field and was looking for an opportunity to learn some programs.In Merit America I have learned JAVA and other programs from experienced trainers, coaches, and mentors.In Merit America I have developed both technology and professional skills. Merit America created my strong base and now it is easy for me to find my path.I think it would be more helpful if students were given some pre-course materials and links to go over before the course starts to gain some knowledge in advance.
- Java Development- 10/5/2020Cody Ortiz • Cloud Specialist • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInMerit America is an organization that truly believes in their mission of providing the necessary skills to experienced workers who are looking to gain an entry role into the technology industry. As a full-time husband and father, I had to prioritize my career at an early age and wasn't able to go after my 4-year degree like I intended to. I had always been interested in technology and programming, but I knew I would need a degree to get into the industry. Finding Merit America after I committed to pursuing an education in Computer Science, I thought the promise sounded too good to be true. I finally decided it was worth the shot, and I am so grateful I made that choice today. Not only did I gain the necessary technical skills through the program, but I also gained the professional skills needed to immediately begin contributing in my new role. I can't recommend the program enough to those that are looking to take a challenging, yet incredibly rewarding step on their path into the technology industry.
- Life Changing Program- 10/4/2020Huy Cam • Software Engineer Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInIt's hard to believe that there is such an opportunity that check out all of my items on my checklist. If you ask, yes I did doubt the fantastic offer that Merit America (MA) had. So I did my due diligence and you know, they didn't ask for anything suspicious so I applied. After applying for the program, you'll get through rigorous tests to assess if you fit the program. My Java program lasted for 5 months. It's was tough and there were a lot of things going on during that time. But my coaches really helpful and gave me a lot of valuable supports. Not only they taught me technical material, but they also taught me how to build a resume, how to nail an interview, how to grow myself professionally. After the program, they helped me connect with their employer partners to get interviews. And now I am a Software Engineer at JP Morgan Chase. Keep in mind that besides their effort, you have to work your butt off on your side your learning journey and job-seeking journey as well. They already build half of the bridge, it's your responsibility to build the other half.
- Changed my Life- 10/2/2020Nick • Software Engineering Analyst • Graduate • Course: Java Development • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedInI'd always wanted to break into software development, but never knew how. Merit America gave me a clear path- their specific and relevant curriculum prepared me to answer the questions I faced in interviews. The pair programming and group work we did forced me to learn the technologies well enough to really talk about them, and gave me the opportunity to get to know some amazing people. This transformational opportunity is something I'll always be grateful for.