la-capsule-academy-logo

La Capsule Academy

Lisbon, Lyon, Paris

La Capsule Academy

La Capsule Academy is a full-time, 10-week web and mobile development bootcamp in Lyon and Paris, France and Lisbon, Portugal. Students will learn the common core of web development and master basic foundations. Students will also learn advanced concepts for back end and front end programming. Expect to learn the skills needed to create code that is more flexible and powerful, while building applications that can be deployed on mobile phones. The course also includes a 2-week final project with help from teachers and mentors. After the conclusion of the course, there is a 4-week mentor program where bootcamp graduates can utilize career prep and job search help.

Recent La Capsule Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (217) reviews for La Capsule Academy →

Recent La Capsule Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer

HTML, CSS, Git, MongoDB, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js
      LocationLisbon, Lyon, Paris
      Students learn basic foundations and advanced teachings on web development. Students will also be able to deploy their applications to mobile.
      The Capsule issues a NCCP Level III Web and Mobile Web Developer credential. The program is therefore eligible for the CPF.
      The Capsule is also referenced Datadock, which allows all of our programmes to be eligible for OPCO funding.
    • after science
      - 9/8/2020
      Jose Luis Carrasco  User Photo
      Jose Luis Carrasco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      After studying geology, I set up two companies in which I managed technical teams. I had no skills in code but I had some tech knowledge
      as a Product Owner. I then looked for a job in this field and after several recruitments, the HR of one company advised me to turn to
      development, where there were more needs.

I inquired about the different bootcamps, I hesitated between several of them. The post-program support and follow-up offered by La Capsule were decisive elements in my decision. My interview also went very well with the team, which convinced me in my choice!

I found in the code the scientific logic that I had acquired during my studies and that helped me a lot in my learning. I followed the training during the containment and it was not a problem, on the contrary. No need to take transport and no loss of time. I could rest at lunch break and get fit in the afternoon! It was really a plus to be in telepresential!

The program is very well done, very clear to acquire solid skills in web and mobile development. You really see a lot of concepts in 10 weeks, which allows you to be a good junior developer at the end. Working on the final project also allows you to apply all the notions you learn during the training and to have a concrete project to put forward afterwards.

What really marked my experience at La Capsule was the possibility I had of constantly challenging myself on complex notions, without knowing where it was going to lead me in the beginning. The projects showed us right from the start what we were going to get to, while with the challenges, you have the surprise to see what you managed to do in the end. It's rewarding to see the result once the challenge is over! The program is adapted to each person's level with the possibility of offering us new challenges when we need them and it's very enriching.

The teachers were great! David is caring, very calm and passionate. The Assistant Teachers are also very attentive to our needs and know how to adapt to everyone's problems. I also kept good contacts with the alumni of my Batch. The agreement was very good between us and we saw each other at the end of the confinement!

The Capsule was a very good decision for me! After being a Teacher Assistant for a while, I found a position as a Frontend Developer at Carizy, three months after the end of my training thanks to the La Capsule network! I start in two weeks and I can't wait to start my new life!

• TRUFFAUT Corentin  User Photo
      TRUFFAUT Corentin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Initially far from the tech field, I had a few friends in the
      development world and I started to take a close interest in it, and
      finally decided to change my job and become a web developer.

I discovered La Capsule and the team first advised me to familiarize
      myself with the code on Codecademy since I had few skills in the field
      and I really got hooked. The feeling also went very well from the start
      with the team. I found that it was a human-sized training course and
      that the program was very concrete with its project-based pedagogy. So I
      decided to integrate the Fullstack training at La Capsule.

From a technical point of view, the program is very operational if you
      give yourself the means to succeed. The program allows us to learn how
      to code quickly and well. The increase in skills is progressive and
      allows us to gradually improve our skills on concepts that seemed
      inaccessible at the beginning of the training.
      It is a very good starting point for a career as a developer, to know
      how to decipher technical documentation etc. It gives us solid weapons
      to launch into development.

My experience with the teachers has been very positive. Noel and David
      are great, the feeling can only go well with them! The whole
      organization of La Capsule is made to make you feel good as a student.
      There is a real human dimension and a real dimension of accompaniment.
      The principle of the Teacher Assistants is also very well thought out.
      The fact of being able to exchange with students who have finished their
      training allows you to see concretely the level that you can reach and
      the result that you can expect at the end of the bootcamp.

The atmosphere with the other students of the Batch was also very good.
      You meet people with a common goal and common desires. The general
      climate puts us at ease and creates a friendly atmosphere between
      students but also in the interactions that we can have with the staff.

As a La Capsule alumni, I can now say that it is a training that gives a
      real value on the job market. We reach a level that allows us to apply
      directly, as soon as the Batch is over, as a junior fullstack JavaScript
      developer, React,React Native. And these are very popular languages and
      frameworks on the job market!

I would advise La Capsule without hesitation to those who wish to become
      dev!
    • Hans Cameus   User Photo
      Hans Cameus • Verified via LinkedIn
      I followed a first training named Simplon which made me discover the world of code and web development. I was curious to discover this job and considering the demands on the job market I found it interesting to deepen the subject. I wanted to find a structured training, which would allow me to train quickly and be operational to be able to reconvert myself in this field.

After some research I discovered La Capsule. My interview with Noel went very well and reinforced my belief that the training corresponded to my expectations and that it would be totally adapted to my reconversion project!

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by my progress during the bootcamp, which was very fast! The program is designed to quickly build up your skills and the project-based approach allows you to acquire solid programming knowledge at a level that I would not have thought possible in just 10 weeks. On top of that, the teachers were very attentive to what I had to say and were very attentive to the fact that everyone could progress whatever their level. David, the teacher, is always available and humble, he has a real will to make the code accessible.

I also kept very good contacts with the other alumni of my Batch. I even continue to work with some of them on entrepreneurial projects. The general atmosphere was very good, both between students and with the La Capsule team.

My training now opens up new perspectives from a professional point of view. I continue to work on projects to continue to code and learn about concrete cases in parallel with my job search. In fact, I would love to join a startup to rediscover the atmosphere and spirit of La Capsule.

In short, I would not hesitate to redo this school and I recommend the experience to people who want to start developing as well as to people who want to deepen their knowledge of techno like JavaScript!
    • Fred  User Photo
      Fred • Freelance • Student Verified via GitHub

I was not expecting such an experience. Before I started La Capsule, I had no experience at all with programming. I only had some knowledge of basic HTML and a big interest in digital tools.

I had interviews with 3 bootcamps before I had to chose. I decided to join la Capsule for 3 main reasons :

- it was the only Bootcamp that was offering a React Native training in Paris and as we say : Mobile first !!!

- It was the cheapest between the 3 I had selected.

- My interview with the lead teacher was great and he reassured me about my ability to learn and gave me self confidence.

At the end I do not regret my choice. I met nice people. Some of my camarades became my friends and we still meet each other from time to time, building a good network.

• Best method
      - 9/23/2021
      Armand • Graduate
      The work environnment at La Capsule is amazing, we are constantly challenged, we learn a lot and it's truly an interesting experience.

I was directly attracted to the formation thanks to the website. It's appealing and we have all the informations needed to make our choice (syllabus, planning of the day, the method used there...)

Once you're there, it's exactly what you've expected, no surprise. We work a lot, the program is complete, and the weeks are well organized.

A lot of good things !
    • Agathe • Graduate
      I'm convinced the training added to an additional personal work and curiosity fully turns you into a dev ready for the professional life.

I choose this formation because it was available on site and it had an intensive and really dense program. I was motivated and ready to work, and I believe my approach was the good one because at the end, I was ready for a good junior dev position.

the formation keeps its promise and gives you the tools you need to work. After, it's up to us ! I loved the training and i'm fully satisfied !
    • Lisa • Graduate
      The formation fits all the profils, from beginners to those who already have some notions in programmation.
      I was an administrative assistant so I wasn't used to the tech field. With COVID, I truly wanted a career change. I was on Linkedin and I came across the profil of a guy who attented La Capsule's formation. He seemed really happy and currently was a dev fullstack, it really motivated me.

I'm very happy with my choice. I learned what I needed to do an internship and be fully operational. The classes are great, the teachers too ;) It's a good formation if you want a career change !
    • Gabriel • Graduate
      I've met beautiful people and I've learned a lot during those 10 weeks, I was able to develop an entire product in such a short time I was surprised, i've learned a lot about myself and my abilities.
      With programmation, I find what I loved, and thanks to the notions we saw at La Capsule, I have what I need to work on my own projects and as a freelance.
      It's the best choice I've made.
    • Best program !
      - 9/14/2021
      Robin • Graduate
      The training was above everything I expected ! I wanted to learn how to code and maybe attend another training just after to be truly ready to work, but my formation at La Capsule was enough !
      The program is complete, totally adapted to the professional world requirements (knowing Javascript, react...) and in addition, they taught us how to work in a real group of dev. I can tell you feel completely ready at the end !

After the 10 weeks, I felt confident enough to go directly for an internship rather than another training, and I took the right decision because I'm so happy right now as a dev.

Thanks La Capsule, you have the best program !
    • Good follow up !
      - 9/14/2021
      Fanny • Graduate
      I found the accompanying before and after the program truly satisfying. I came at La Capsule because I appreciated my first interaction with the team, and my first impression was the right one ;)
      Except the teaching method (which is really good by the way) I enjoyed the fact there was a follow-up after the formation. They organize workshops, questionnaires, or masterclass, and the team is still available for us months after the program. I know every schools or formations don't care that much, and it's a nice feeling to know they care about us.

It's a truly human team with an interesting training, all I have to say is go for it !
    • Sarah • Graduate
      Ariane (the pedagogical platform) is really a great tool, I enjoyed a lot learning with La Capsule's method.
      I prefer to work in group than alone, so all the projects we had to do altogether are really useful to learn how to collaborate with other devs.
      There is also the MVP that is truly the outcome of everything we've learned, it's the moment we reinvest all the knowledge the teachers taught us during 10 weeks.

I found the formation really complete and efficient, I loved it !
    • Useful for all
      - 9/13/2021
      Corentin • Product manager • Graduate
      10 intensive weeks, but 10 pretty useful weeks which change your professional life entirely.
      I do believe a training like the one at La Capsule can be useful for everyone, whether you want a career change or just improve your skills. I saw a true before and after for me.

I attented the program because I wasn't confident in my skills : I saw I started to be left behind at work because I couldn't catch up with the younger generation. I felt so much better after the training. We studied a lot of new tools, current technologies used in modern companies, and I feel like I filled the gap between me and the new generation.
      Intensive and efficient, that's how I can sum up my formation !