la-capsule-academy-logo

La Capsule Academy

Lisbon, Lyon, Paris

La Capsule Academy

La Capsule Academy is a full-time, 10-week web and mobile development bootcamp in Lyon and Paris, France and Lisbon, Portugal. Students will learn the common core of web development and master basic foundations. Students will also learn advanced concepts for back end and front end programming. Expect to learn the skills needed to create code that is more flexible and powerful, while building applications that can be deployed on mobile phones. The course also includes a 2-week final project with help from teachers and mentors. After the conclusion of the course, there is a 4-week mentor program where bootcamp graduates can utilize career prep and job search help.

Recent La Capsule Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (51) reviews for La Capsule Academy →

Recent La Capsule Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationLisbon, Lyon, Paris
      Students learn basic foundations and advanced teachings on web development. Students will also be able to deploy their applications to mobile.
      The Capsule issues a NCCP Level III Web and Mobile Web Developer credential. The program is therefore eligible for the CPF.
      The Capsule is also referenced Datadock, which allows all of our programmes to be eligible for OPCO funding.
    • after science
      - 9/8/2020
      Jose Luis Carrasco  User Photo
      Jose Luis Carrasco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      After studying geology, I set up two companies in which I managed technical teams. I had no skills in code but I had some tech knowledge
      as a Product Owner. I then looked for a job in this field and after several recruitments, the HR of one company advised me to turn to
      development, where there were more needs.

I inquired about the different bootcamps, I hesitated between several of them. The post-program support and follow-up offered by La Capsule were decisive elements in my decision. My interview also went very well with the team, which convinced me in my choice!

I found in the code the scientific logic that I had acquired during my studies and that helped me a lot in my learning. I followed the training during the containment and it was not a problem, on the contrary. No need to take transport and no loss of time. I could rest at lunch break and get fit in the afternoon! It was really a plus to be in telepresential!

The program is very well done, very clear to acquire solid skills in web and mobile development. You really see a lot of concepts in 10 weeks, which allows you to be a good junior developer at the end. Working on the final project also allows you to apply all the notions you learn during the training and to have a concrete project to put forward afterwards.

What really marked my experience at La Capsule was the possibility I had of constantly challenging myself on complex notions, without knowing where it was going to lead me in the beginning. The projects showed us right from the start what we were going to get to, while with the challenges, you have the surprise to see what you managed to do in the end. It's rewarding to see the result once the challenge is over! The program is adapted to each person's level with the possibility of offering us new challenges when we need them and it's very enriching.

The teachers were great! David is caring, very calm and passionate. The Assistant Teachers are also very attentive to our needs and know how to adapt to everyone's problems. I also kept good contacts with the alumni of my Batch. The agreement was very good between us and we saw each other at the end of the confinement!

The Capsule was a very good decision for me! After being a Teacher Assistant for a while, I found a position as a Frontend Developer at Carizy, three months after the end of my training thanks to the La Capsule network! I start in two weeks and I can't wait to start my new life!

• TRUFFAUT Corentin  User Photo
      TRUFFAUT Corentin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Initially far from the tech field, I had a few friends in the
      development world and I started to take a close interest in it, and
      finally decided to change my job and become a web developer.

I discovered La Capsule and the team first advised me to familiarize
      myself with the code on Codecademy since I had few skills in the field
      and I really got hooked. The feeling also went very well from the start
      with the team. I found that it was a human-sized training course and
      that the program was very concrete with its project-based pedagogy. So I
      decided to integrate the Fullstack training at La Capsule.

From a technical point of view, the program is very operational if you
      give yourself the means to succeed. The program allows us to learn how
      to code quickly and well. The increase in skills is progressive and
      allows us to gradually improve our skills on concepts that seemed
      inaccessible at the beginning of the training.
      It is a very good starting point for a career as a developer, to know
      how to decipher technical documentation etc. It gives us solid weapons
      to launch into development.

My experience with the teachers has been very positive. Noel and David
      are great, the feeling can only go well with them! The whole
      organization of La Capsule is made to make you feel good as a student.
      There is a real human dimension and a real dimension of accompaniment.
      The principle of the Teacher Assistants is also very well thought out.
      The fact of being able to exchange with students who have finished their
      training allows you to see concretely the level that you can reach and
      the result that you can expect at the end of the bootcamp.

The atmosphere with the other students of the Batch was also very good.
      You meet people with a common goal and common desires. The general
      climate puts us at ease and creates a friendly atmosphere between
      students but also in the interactions that we can have with the staff.

As a La Capsule alumni, I can now say that it is a training that gives a
      real value on the job market. We reach a level that allows us to apply
      directly, as soon as the Batch is over, as a junior fullstack JavaScript
      developer, React,React Native. And these are very popular languages and
      frameworks on the job market!

I would advise La Capsule without hesitation to those who wish to become
      dev!
    • Hans Cameus   User Photo
      Hans Cameus • Verified via LinkedIn
      I followed a first training named Simplon which made me discover the world of code and web development. I was curious to discover this job and considering the demands on the job market I found it interesting to deepen the subject. I wanted to find a structured training, which would allow me to train quickly and be operational to be able to reconvert myself in this field.

After some research I discovered La Capsule. My interview with Noel went very well and reinforced my belief that the training corresponded to my expectations and that it would be totally adapted to my reconversion project!

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by my progress during the bootcamp, which was very fast! The program is designed to quickly build up your skills and the project-based approach allows you to acquire solid programming knowledge at a level that I would not have thought possible in just 10 weeks. On top of that, the teachers were very attentive to what I had to say and were very attentive to the fact that everyone could progress whatever their level. David, the teacher, is always available and humble, he has a real will to make the code accessible.

I also kept very good contacts with the other alumni of my Batch. I even continue to work with some of them on entrepreneurial projects. The general atmosphere was very good, both between students and with the La Capsule team.

My training now opens up new perspectives from a professional point of view. I continue to work on projects to continue to code and learn about concrete cases in parallel with my job search. In fact, I would love to join a startup to rediscover the atmosphere and spirit of La Capsule.

In short, I would not hesitate to redo this school and I recommend the experience to people who want to start developing as well as to people who want to deepen their knowledge of techno like JavaScript!
    • Fred  User Photo
      Fred • Freelance • Student Verified via GitHub

I was not expecting such an experience. Before I started La Capsule, I had no experience at all with programming. I only had some knowledge of basic HTML and a big interest in digital tools.

I had interviews with 3 bootcamps before I had to chose. I decided to join la Capsule for 3 main reasons :

- it was the only Bootcamp that was offering a React Native training in Paris and as we say : Mobile first !!!

- It was the cheapest between the 3 I had selected.

- My interview with the lead teacher was great and he reassured me about my ability to learn and gave me self confidence.

At the end I do not regret my choice. I met nice people. Some of my camarades became my friends and we still meet each other from time to time, building a good network.

• Charlotte
      I studied communication and design. I have had to work on numerous occasions on the redesign of websites. I like the visual aspect of the frontend but I was very eager to know what was going on behind it. I then decided to learn how to code.

With a friend of mine, we decided to go for a bootcamp, which I think is an ideal option to acquire skills quickly without having to go back to several years of study.

I had a very interesting interview with the team which allowed me to understand the program and the mentality of La Capsule. It was really decisive in my choice. I found the program very coherent and the team very human and attentive.

The training was intense! The program is getting stronger as it goes along. I had a real trigger thanks to the practical approach and the fact that I coded every day the notions that we saw in the morning. It allowed me to gain self-confidence and to see what I was capable of.

It was a real challenge for me to learn how to code but I loved it! I found a job in web design directly after the end of the training and the knowledge I acquired helps me in my daily work.

A big thank you to the team of La Capsule for their patience and kindness throughout the training !
    • Ines G
      I am an entrepreneur in the food tech industry. I had an application project in mind but I didn't know where to start. So I first called on external service providers who helped me code my application. But I quickly realized that it was costing me a lot of money and that it wasn't 100% what I expected.

I wanted to learn how to code my app by myself and to be able to do a project that would be a perfect fit for me. An entrepreneur friend of mine told me about La Capsule. I did some research on my own and the hands-on pedagogy convinced me.

The project-based approach is, in my opinion, a real plus to progress and acquire solid skills. It really allowed me to familiarize myself with the concepts.

Coding the mvp of my project during the last two weeks of my Batch really helped me to develop my project and feel comfortable with it.

It's been an incredible experience, I can finally realize my dream and code my own application. I recommend the program to all entrepreneurs, it will change your life!
    • Cédric M
      I've always had an attraction for code, but I was working in a field far removed from that. I quit my job and figured out it was the perfect time to change tracks and learn how to code.

I decided to join La Capsule and my training went very well. I loved the spirit and the atmosphere, both with the team and with the other alumni of my Batch.

The classes were also very clear and the teachers and Assistant Teachers were always there to answer our questions when needed. We are never left to ourselves, we are accompanied throughout the training and even afterwards!

I feel totally ready to start my new career as a developer and continue to work on side projects with other people from my Batch.

I am very thankful for all that it has brought me from an intellectual and human point of view. I had a great adventure that I would do again without any hesitation.
    • David J • Project Manager
      I did La Capsule's Part Time program. I was working as a Project Manager in a company and I felt that I lacked the necessary knowledge to carry out my missions and be comfortable communicating with developers. Learning how to code had become an obligatory step for me. I started taking some online courses but I lacked the motivation to be regular in my learning. I needed a structure. A colleague told me about La Capsule's Part Time training and I thought it was a very good compromise.

Conciling my professional life and my training at La Capsule was very intense, but it was very interesting and stimulating, which kept me motivated during the 13 weeks. I enjoyed learning alongside passionate people who were very attentive to making sure we understood all the concepts.

Today I come out with a solid knowledge in web development that I use in my daily work. I communicate much more easily with the technical teams and it allows me to gain more autonomy.

I totally recommend the Part Time training to increase your skills in the field of web development.
    • Arnaud H
      Before joining La Capsule, I was working in a start-up in the tech field. It made me want to learn how to code and acquire skills that are very sought-after today. I wanted a training in JavaScript, a very popular language today, and I was immediately seduced by the pedagogy and the atmosphere found at La Capsule.

The pedagogy was incredible! Learning by working every day on concrete projects was very intellectually stimulating and great for quickly building some skills. There is also a buddy system where you have the opportunity to work in pairs everyday and it truly helps to improve yourself.

In addition to the pedagogy, the atmosphere was amazing ! I met a lot of people and I’m still seeing some of the other alumnis of my Batch and working with them on my projects.

I loved my experience at La Capsule, I found there the start-up spirit that I appreciate and a human approach. It really allowed me to change my life and launch myself into a career as a junior developer.

These 10 weeks were unforgettable ! I recommend this training whatever your background, it would be a real plus on your CV !
    • Olivia B • Digital Project Manager
      I have worked for several years in digital marketing. I wanted to go further and learn something more concrete. The idea of learning how to code came to me as being self evident. During my career, I had the opportunity to work with technical teams and to work on the redesign of a website. I had loved it!

I immediately loved the spirit of La Capsule, right from my interview. The team is great, very responsive and attentive to our projects.

My training went on very well, I immediately got hooked on the logic of the code. The program is very good at building step by step. I was starting from 0 and I didn't think I would reach this level in only 10 weeks.

During my experience at La Capsule, I met people from very different backgrounds and it was very rewarding. The atmosphere is very friendly, a lot of mutual help between us. The teachers are also very attentive and always available to answer our questions.

It was definitely a very good decision for me. La Capsule is a real boost in my professional life. I now have a position as a Digital Project Manager and I can apply what I learned during the training to my daily life. I feel much more comfortable with the technical aspect and I realized that I can do many projects by myself without the help of external developers or service providers.
    • Samuel • Entrepreneur
      I'm an entrepreneur and, with my partner, we were planning to develop the MVP for our application ourselves. It was important for us to be able to control our project from A to Z and not to use external service providers.

My partner had taken the Fullstack training at La Capsule and was delighted with it. I told myself that it wasn't too much if we both master the technical aspect. So I also decided to do the program.

My training went very well. I loved the start-up spirit that you find at La Capsule, especially in the pedagogy. The project-based approach teaches us to test, try, start over again and it's very stimulating intellectually. The tools made available to us were also very clear and very well done, especially the pedagogical platform.

During the last two weeks, we were able to create our MVP. And that was great. It allowed us to test the solution very quickly with our users.

The Capsule was really a turning point for the development of our project! We now control it from A to Z and we have more credibility with investors and customers.

If you're an entrepreneur,go for it, it's a winning bet!
    • Sarah • Product Owner
      I have been working in a company as a Product Owner for 10 years. During my career I have had the opportunity to work regularly with developers and technical teams. I had for a long time in mind to learn how to code to be more comfortable in my discussions with developers and to be able to make the right decisions. As a manager, I felt that this was essential.

I had heard about La Capsule and attended an information meeting. I was immediately won over by the Project-Based-Learning approach. As a Product Owner, the practical aspect and the fact that I was able to apply all the concepts that we were seeing fascinated me. It was very enriching to see how it works and to create automatisms as the weeks went by.

The team is very attentive to our needs and our projects. There is a real human dimension and a real support.

These 10 weeks have been very intense but very enriching in terms of learning. I came away with solid knowledge that I can now apply on a daily basis in my work.

If I had to do it all over again, I would do it again without hesitation!