la-capsule-academy-logo

La Capsule Academy

Lisbon, Lyon, Paris

La Capsule Academy

La Capsule Academy is a full-time, 10-week web and mobile development bootcamp in Lyon and Paris, France and Lisbon, Portugal. Students will learn the common core of web development and master basic foundations. Students will also learn advanced concepts for back end and front end programming. Expect to learn the skills needed to create code that is more flexible and powerful, while building applications that can be deployed on mobile phones. The course also includes a 2-week final project with help from teachers and mentors. After the conclusion of the course, there is a 4-week mentor program where bootcamp graduates can utilize career prep and job search help.

Recent La Capsule Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (13) reviews for La Capsule Academy →

Recent La Capsule Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationLisbon, Lyon, Paris
      Students learn basic foundations and advanced teachings on web development. Students will also be able to deploy their applications to mobile.
      The Capsule issues a NCCP Level III Web and Mobile Web Developer credential. The program is therefore eligible for the CPF.
      The Capsule is also referenced Datadock, which allows all of our programmes to be eligible for OPCO funding.
    • Fred  User Photo
      Fred • Freelance • Student Verified via GitHub

I was not expecting such an experience. Before I started La Capsule, I had no experience at all with programming. I only had some knowledge of basic HTML and a big interest in digital tools.

I had interviews with 3 bootcamps before I had to chose. I decided to join la Capsule for 3 main reasons :

- it was the only Bootcamp that was offering a React Native training in Paris and as we say : Mobile first !!!

- It was the cheapest between the 3 I had selected.

- My interview with the lead teacher was great and he reassured me about my ability to learn and gave me self confidence.

At the end I do not regret my choice. I met nice people. Some of my camarades became my friends and we still meet each other from time to time, building a good network.

• Bruno B • Graduate
      After working as a Product Owner, I quickly realized that I lacked the technical skills to perform better and have better career opportunities.

So I chose to learn how to code at La Capsule because the chosen language, JavaScript, is very widespread in the world of web development. That's clearly what we have to bet on! It can be found in many startups and on many projects.

After two months of training I must say that I am not disappointed, the quality is there!
      The organization of the day is great with the classes in the morning, the exercises and the project in the afternoon. The pedagogy is really well thought out! We are well supervised without it being too much! We are left to think for ourselves so that once the program is over, we are not completely left behind, but at the same time, the teachers and assistant teachers are there to help us if we get stuck!

I just loved the atmosphere within the batch! No judgements, lots of support, you learn to work as a team right from the start of the program! I thought it was great training and I kept in touch with all my training buddies.

Since the end of La Capsule, I've applied for new jobs and I got a great job as a PO! La Capsule has really been a boost in my career.
      It was a great experience, very rewarding and complete! I'm impressed by everything I've seen in only 10 weeks! Just awesome.
    • Xavier G • Entrepreneur • Graduate
      I really enjoyed my training at La Capsule. The strong point of this program is the pedagogy based on the application and creation of weekly projects.
      The last two weeks of Batch allowed me to code a MVP of my application.

I had a really good contact with the team but also with my fellow students who invested themselves in my entrepreneurial project. And now I'm autonomous on it and it's really nice!

I recommend this training to all those who wish to develop a project and do not want to go through service providers who will not always be able to meet your needs 100%.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    • Franck Clvt • Graduate
      La Capsule's web developer program is very complete. After a logic test and an interview with the admissions team, I joined the program. Marlene and Noel were very nice and explained me well the training, what I will be able to do at the end, what I could expect. After 10 weeks of learning the code, they didn't lie to me! I am able to develop websites and applications in Javascript. The weekly projects, the hackatons and the final project of the last two weeks allow me to practice what I learned in the morning and to assimilate them. So you learn fast, of course, but also well. I was afraid that in 10 weeks I would learn a lot of things but that it would be complicated to assimilate but in the end the practice is so present that we practice enough to assimilate the notions!
    • Pascal thibodeau • Graduate

I chose La Capsule for its language and mobile development learning. In my professional reconversion, I wanted to enter the job market as quickly as possible and thus learn a language that is widespread and in demand. I also wanted to know how to develop an app to have a complete profile. I really liked this bootcamp, the atmosphere was conducive to progress, the teachers were available and pedagogical, the courses were clear thanks to the daily application of recently learned concepts!

Thank you La Capsule! It was a great experience!

• jerôme • Graduate

Thanks to La Capsule which allowed me to develop my computer skills in only 10 weeks.
      I'm impressed by the amount of knowledge I've acquired since this coding bootcamp. I now know how to code but I have also been trained to search by myself! However, the teachers were always there to help us solve a problem, and helping each other also helped a lot!

High quality program, very stimulating spirit of promotion, in short, I recommend it!

• hugues • Graduate

As a salesman for several years, I wished to reconvert myself in computer science. So I joined La Capsule several months ago. And I'm delighted!

The course formats were very intense and very enriching! The teachers were attentive and available to help us with our projects. I also noticed the group cohesion between batch mates. Mutual help was the key word of this training and allowed us to progress at a good rhythm!

Today, I was able to continue with an internship after my coding bootcamp to deepen my knowledge and I am completely fulfilled in my new job!

• Maryse M • Graduate

I enjoyed the program to become a Fullstack web developer for La capsule!
      These 9 weeks were intensive and formative! I reviewed the basics with HTML, CSS then I deepened my knowledge with Javascript, React, Node, Express. I also learned how to use Git and Github!
      I learned a lot in 9 weeks and I am now able to code! The last two weeks were surely the most interesting. We applied all our knowledge in an entrepreneurial project to create a MVP.

I loved the program, the assistant teachers always available to help us but also the very pedagogical teachers! The format of the classes in the morning and the application in the afternoon allowed us to better assimilate the concepts seen over the weeks.
      We are also encouraged to help each other in the promotion, which creates a real and enjoyable group cohesion!

I 100% recommend this coding bootcamp!

• Aurore C • Graduate

The intensity and quality of La Capsule's training make this program an effective and rewarding bootcamp coding program!

I integrated La Capsule after detecting a particular feeling with the code. So I decided to train myself. After graduating, I didn't want to spend another 2 years in a long training course and I preferred to learn quickly to be able to finally start an active life.

I have absolutely no regrets! The teachers were very formative and pedagogical. They paid attention to our progress and really accompanied us when we were in difficulty with a concept. You would think that given the speed of the training, the teachers didn't have time to dwell on a case, but that wasn't the case at all!

The courses were very clear and the daily exercises and weekly projects allowed a good understanding of the concepts. This format is a change from traditional courses! I really didn't feel like going back to school!

The size of the class is also on a human scale (about 30 people), so you are not lost in a large group of people and you sympathize very easily with the other students! I met inspiring people who I kept in touch with after my training!

In conclusion, a great experience with interesting and listening people! Don't hesitate, go for it!

• Great experience!!
      - 1/17/2020
      Heloise • Graduate

I loved my training at The Capsule! The teachers were available to answer our questions and accompany us throughout the training.
      The team is very friendly and there is a very good atmosphere in the classroom!
      I was able to meet people with very different backgrounds from mine and work with them on their future project. It was very enriching!

La Capsule allowed me to develop new skills and deepen my marketing profile to improve my CV!

• Marina

When I signed up for the training with La Capsule, I clearly left my comfort zone! I had no experience in coding and this was the first step of my professional reconversion. Hence, I had some doubts regarding the possible results of such a short and intense training, but most of all I had doubts on my own capability of learning to code in so little time. The first three weeks were very hard, I almost gave up! When they say boot camp, they are not joking! But Noël, our trainer, proved to be not only a very skilled teacher, but also an excellent coach who knew how to get me back on track when in doubt. Today, after ten weeks of intense hands on training, I have learned a lot and I am very proud of my personal project, built during the last phase of the training. Moreover, the material conditions are perfect: a very spacious and beautiful co-working place, with a comfortable and nice atmosphere with fruits and coffee as much as you want. And, to top it all, yoga class once a week, the perfect way to relax! I am so lucky to have initiated my new career with La Capsule. Next step: internship as assistant developer.  Many thanks to Noël and Marlène for their professionalism and their high availability and also to my capsule colleagues of the Lyon promotion, thanks for all the laughs and long life to La Capsule!

• Lenny • Student

Thanks to this high quality training given by Noël, I am now confident applying for a job as Full Stack Javascript developer. I appreciated the small size of the group which made it easy to get answers to all my questions, always in a very nice and relaxed atmosphere. The training is very hands on, the exercises are inspired by small web applications including tools used in startups, like means of payment, geolocalisation, email sending… I highly appreciated the mentoring part of the training and specifically the precious help I got regarding my résumé and my job search. I strongly recommend!