la-capsule-academy-logo

La Capsule Academy

Brussels, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris

La Capsule Academy

La Capsule is a full-time, 10-week web and mobile development bootcamp in Lyon, Paris, Nice, Marseille (France), Monaco and Brussels (Belgium). Students will learn the common core of web development and master basic foundations. Students will also learn advanced concepts for back end and front end programming. Expect to learn the skills needed to create code that is more flexible and powerful, while building applications that can be deployed on mobile phones. The course also includes a 2-week final project with help from teachers and mentors. After the conclusion of the course, there is a 4-week mentor program where bootcamp graduates can utilize career prep and job search help.

Recent La Capsule Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (253) reviews for La Capsule Academy →

Recent La Capsule Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer

Mobile, GitHub, HTML, CSS, Git, MongoDB, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js
      Start Date June 06, 2022
      LocationParis, Marseille, Brussels, Nice, Lyon
      Students learn basic foundations and advanced teachings on web development. Students will also be able to deploy their applications to mobile.
      The Capsule issues a NCCP Level III Web and Mobile Web Developer credential. The program is therefore eligible for the CPF.
      The Capsule is also referenced Datadock, which allows all of our programmes to be eligible for OPCO funding.
      Prep WorkJavascript track on Codecademy
      August 29, 2022 - Paris Apply by November 04, 2022
      October 17, 2022 - Paris Apply by December 23, 2022
    • PEREIRA Mathieu  User Photo
      PEREIRA Mathieu • Former Head of Marketing • Verified via LinkedIn
      I wanted to learn how to code, because it's an essential skill in the world we live in today! As a former marketing manager, I wanted to change jobs to be closer to my passion ( outdoor) and I quickly realized that I was missing this technical skills. So I applied to La Capsule. My assessment is very positive! I particularly liked the pedagogy, with a lot of practice, teamwork and pairings. The project phase over the last 2 weeks was very interesting, from the pitch to the Demoday, we really saw all the building blocks of the project creation. It's a real added value in terms of understanding the tech world!
    • A great experience
      - 3/29/2022
      Elie Bissor  User Photo
      Elie Bissor • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I attended La Capsule's bootcamp with the goal of becoming a web developer. I was already a bit self-taught on the front-end but the challenge of learning the dev job in a few weeks was met! I found the framework and the structure I needed to train myself and in addition to learning development, I learned how to learn! This is an essential skill for a developer who is constantly learning about different technologies. The investment was clearly worth it, not to mention the quality of the teaching, the teachers and the great atmosphere within the batch!
    • Tristan de Guillebon  User Photo
      Tristan de Guillebon • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      After my engineering studies and an internship in data engineering, I decided to do a bootcamp to improve my technical skills. I already had an appetite for computer science but I was frustrated not to have deepened these notions during my studies.

So I started looking for a quick training (I didn't want to go back to school for years) and I found La Capsule. The Javascript and React stack (very sought after by companies) and the pedagogical approach seduced me, so I joined the October 2021 batch.

My assessment after these 2 months of training is very good! From a hard skills point of view, I learned a lot and I now feel autonomous to develop projects. The pedagogy was great and really corresponded to my expectations. And from a soft skills point of view, working with my batch mates, in a team, learning to communicate with each other etc. made the difference with all the online training courses in autonomy.

At the end of the training, I wanted to do an internship, and Antoine, my teacher, seeing my involvement in the batch, offered me a 6-month internship in the La Capsule team to help develop the Ariane pedagogical platform. As I liked the general atmosphere (both in the team and with the other students), I accepted.
      In the future, I'm thinking about Product Owner or Manager jobs and in the longer term, I'd like to start my own company one day and have these tech skills that will certainly be very useful!
    • La Capsule Monaco
      - 3/14/2022
      Salim Bendacha  User Photo
      Salim Bendacha • Founder • Verified via LinkedIn
      As an entrepreneur in the field of modern technologies, I always wanted to learn to code to better understand the mechanics behind the design. So, I decided to take the plunge, to work on my next project which is an application.

Joining the capsule program is one of the best decisions I made in 2021. Learning to code in 3 months is crazy! There's no time to realize what's going on. It's a particular format but highly effective. And even if you must stick with it, it's worth it.

I will now work on my application for a launch planned for June. For that I will have to surround myself with a team of developers and this experience at the Capsule will be extremely useful for this prospection.

#testimonials #codingbootcamp #coding #bootcamp #web #tech #digitalisation #changeyourlife #entrepreneurship #LaCapsuleMonaco #TeamLaCapsule
    • after science
      - 9/8/2020
      Jose Luis Carrasco  User Photo
      Jose Luis Carrasco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      After studying geology, I set up two companies in which I managed technical teams. I had no skills in code but I had some tech knowledge
      as a Product Owner. I then looked for a job in this field and after several recruitments, the HR of one company advised me to turn to
      development, where there were more needs.

I inquired about the different bootcamps, I hesitated between several of them. The post-program support and follow-up offered by La Capsule were decisive elements in my decision. My interview also went very well with the team, which convinced me in my choice!

I found in the code the scientific logic that I had acquired during my studies and that helped me a lot in my learning. I followed the training during the containment and it was not a problem, on the contrary. No need to take transport and no loss of time. I could rest at lunch break and get fit in the afternoon! It was really a plus to be in telepresential!

The program is very well done, very clear to acquire solid skills in web and mobile development. You really see a lot of concepts in 10 weeks, which allows you to be a good junior developer at the end. Working on the final project also allows you to apply all the notions you learn during the training and to have a concrete project to put forward afterwards.

What really marked my experience at La Capsule was the possibility I had of constantly challenging myself on complex notions, without knowing where it was going to lead me in the beginning. The projects showed us right from the start what we were going to get to, while with the challenges, you have the surprise to see what you managed to do in the end. It's rewarding to see the result once the challenge is over! The program is adapted to each person's level with the possibility of offering us new challenges when we need them and it's very enriching.

The teachers were great! David is caring, very calm and passionate. The Assistant Teachers are also very attentive to our needs and know how to adapt to everyone's problems. I also kept good contacts with the alumni of my Batch. The agreement was very good between us and we saw each other at the end of the confinement!

The Capsule was a very good decision for me! After being a Teacher Assistant for a while, I found a position as a Frontend Developer at Carizy, three months after the end of my training thanks to the La Capsule network! I start in two weeks and I can't wait to start my new life!

• TRUFFAUT Corentin  User Photo
      TRUFFAUT Corentin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Initially far from the tech field, I had a few friends in the
      development world and I started to take a close interest in it, and
      finally decided to change my job and become a web developer.

I discovered La Capsule and the team first advised me to familiarize
      myself with the code on Codecademy since I had few skills in the field
      and I really got hooked. The feeling also went very well from the start
      with the team. I found that it was a human-sized training course and
      that the program was very concrete with its project-based pedagogy. So I
      decided to integrate the Fullstack training at La Capsule.

From a technical point of view, the program is very operational if you
      give yourself the means to succeed. The program allows us to learn how
      to code quickly and well. The increase in skills is progressive and
      allows us to gradually improve our skills on concepts that seemed
      inaccessible at the beginning of the training.
      It is a very good starting point for a career as a developer, to know
      how to decipher technical documentation etc. It gives us solid weapons
      to launch into development.

My experience with the teachers has been very positive. Noel and David
      are great, the feeling can only go well with them! The whole
      organization of La Capsule is made to make you feel good as a student.
      There is a real human dimension and a real dimension of accompaniment.
      The principle of the Teacher Assistants is also very well thought out.
      The fact of being able to exchange with students who have finished their
      training allows you to see concretely the level that you can reach and
      the result that you can expect at the end of the bootcamp.

The atmosphere with the other students of the Batch was also very good.
      You meet people with a common goal and common desires. The general
      climate puts us at ease and creates a friendly atmosphere between
      students but also in the interactions that we can have with the staff.

As a La Capsule alumni, I can now say that it is a training that gives a
      real value on the job market. We reach a level that allows us to apply
      directly, as soon as the Batch is over, as a junior fullstack JavaScript
      developer, React,React Native. And these are very popular languages and
      frameworks on the job market!

I would advise La Capsule without hesitation to those who wish to become
      dev!
    • Hans Cameus   User Photo
      Hans Cameus • Verified via LinkedIn
      I followed a first training named Simplon which made me discover the world of code and web development. I was curious to discover this job and considering the demands on the job market I found it interesting to deepen the subject. I wanted to find a structured training, which would allow me to train quickly and be operational to be able to reconvert myself in this field.

After some research I discovered La Capsule. My interview with Noel went very well and reinforced my belief that the training corresponded to my expectations and that it would be totally adapted to my reconversion project!

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by my progress during the bootcamp, which was very fast! The program is designed to quickly build up your skills and the project-based approach allows you to acquire solid programming knowledge at a level that I would not have thought possible in just 10 weeks. On top of that, the teachers were very attentive to what I had to say and were very attentive to the fact that everyone could progress whatever their level. David, the teacher, is always available and humble, he has a real will to make the code accessible.

I also kept very good contacts with the other alumni of my Batch. I even continue to work with some of them on entrepreneurial projects. The general atmosphere was very good, both between students and with the La Capsule team.

My training now opens up new perspectives from a professional point of view. I continue to work on projects to continue to code and learn about concrete cases in parallel with my job search. In fact, I would love to join a startup to rediscover the atmosphere and spirit of La Capsule.

In short, I would not hesitate to redo this school and I recommend the experience to people who want to start developing as well as to people who want to deepen their knowledge of techno like JavaScript!
    • Fred  User Photo
      Fred • Freelance • Student Verified via GitHub

I was not expecting such an experience. Before I started La Capsule, I had no experience at all with programming. I only had some knowledge of basic HTML and a big interest in digital tools.

I had interviews with 3 bootcamps before I had to chose. I decided to join la Capsule for 3 main reasons :

- it was the only Bootcamp that was offering a React Native training in Paris and as we say : Mobile first !!!

- It was the cheapest between the 3 I had selected.

- My interview with the lead teacher was great and he reassured me about my ability to learn and gave me self confidence.

At the end I do not regret my choice. I met nice people. Some of my camarades became my friends and we still meet each other from time to time, building a good network.

• Laure-Line • Developer • Graduate
      I was planning to do a professional reconversion to become a web developer. I had already participated in workshops before and that's where the trigger came from. My company gave me the opportunity to have some time off to take a training course in January 2022 so I decided to take advantage of it and sign up for a bootcamp. I was interested in La Capsule, at first, for the language taught but the contact with the team, who really tried to know if the bootcamp format would suit me, finally convinced me! Concerning the code part, the teaching is done step by step. We are given a new brick every day, and at the end, we are able to build our own app! Everything makes sense little by little and it's great!
    • Sébastien • Graduate
      Before joining La Capsule's bootcamp, I was working in communication as a communication manager. For about a year, I had the idea to change jobs because I didn't like the "practical" part of communication anymore. I often had to put my hands in the code in my job but I was frustrated not to be able to go further in the shaping of my ideas, so I decided to follow a course. I had heard that the bootcamp format was a quick way to retrain. After applying to several bootcamps, I chose La Capsule because the training had good reviews and it allowed me to follow the courses from home.

I really liked the organization of the bootcamp and especially the buddy system, which allowed me to get to know the whole batch and to confront myself with different types of code and ways of working. The profiles of the students were very varied, some were beginners and others were already in development, but this did not create any imbalance, on the contrary, the more experienced ones generally helped the beginners, always in a friendly way. I liked the design of the program, the rhythm and the volume of work. It's obviously intense, it's still a bootcamp but I was prepared for it. And I thought it was done well enough to keep both beginners and more experienced students busy during the training.

In conclusion, I'm happy with the training and I don't regret doing it at all! Moreover it's very reassuring to keep in touch with the La Capsule team afterwards with the workshops, the Masterclasses etc...
      In short, I recommend it!
    • Fredrik Andersson • Junior Full Stack JavaScript Developer • Graduate
      Before taking part of "La Capsule", I have been working in the music industry for about ten years. I first got introduced to programming when I wanted to create the website of my association. I started to look at HTML, CSS and so on and I really liked it, but I didn't have the time to go deeper into it at that time.

During the covid lockdown, I started to look for a professional reconversion, and as I had enjoyed creating my website, I continued to train myself on different languages. I still liked it so I decided to look for a short format cursus (I didn't want it to last months and months) and I looked at the languages that recruiters is looking for. So I looked for bootcamp trainings in JavaScript, and I discovered La Capsule during my research.

I went through the admission process, my funding request was accepted by the region and I was able to join the Paris batch in early 2022.

It was a very good experience! The teachers were very good, available, caring and always had the answer to my questions. On top of that, the Office Hours with Corentin allowed me to get good advice and to discover different methods of programming syntax. It was very interesting! The atmosphere in the batch was very good, coming every morning to class was a real pleasure! I even wish it would have lasted longer! I found that the balance between difficult days and lighter days was well done despite the fact that the training is still very intense!

In conclusion, I am very satisfied with my 10 weeks at La Capsule. The cursus gives a good momentum, a good rythm and a good basis to start as a junior dev!
    • Lili Liardet • Student
      I worked 5 years in digital project management and I wanted to move back to Marseille but the offers were more technical than the ones in Paris.

To succeed in this change, I needed to dig deeper into this technical aspect and I had already had positions where I coordinated devs. I had the feeling that I lacked the technical knowledge to be able to challenge what they were telling me (especially about deadlines) and to manage the projects well.

But beyond that, I envied the position of people who were in production rather than in coordination. So I wanted to learn to code and become a web developer. When I started to think seriously about the reorientation, I tested my appetence for programming and I trained on Codecademy on the JavaScript module and on Udemy to practice a little. And it confirmed my appetite for programming!

I was looking for a bootcamp in Marseille that taught popular languages that are popular with recruiters. I had seen that Javascript was very popular in France. My friend's cousin had done La Capsule and shared it was a great experience for him. The RNCP level 6 title was a big plus too!

During the batch, we had a great teacher, Matthieu. Moreover, the size of the class gave a feeling of "private lessons" and it was really cool. We were really well accompanied throughout the training, even during the final sprint.

More generally, the program met my expectations. You are stimulated enough not to drop out during the 10 weeks. The rhythm is well thought out between the exercises, the hackathon and so on... there are lots of small reassurance steps that are super enriching and the final project really completes the foundation of the training, which is already solid at this stage. You can feel that there is a lot of work done to democratize and update the information on Ariane!

I will do it again and I will recommend the training in the future!