hack-reactor-logo

Hack Reactor

Austin, Boulder, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Phoenix, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle

Hack Reactor

Founded in 2012, Hack Reactor is a 12-week immersive coding school providing software engineering education, career placement services, and a network of professional peers. Hack Reactor has campuses in San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, and New York City, as well as an online, remote immersive (full-time and part-time)​. During the first six weeks at Hack Reactor, students learn the fundamentals of development, full stack JavaScript and are introduced to developer tools and technologies. In the final six weeks, students work on personal and group projects, using the skills they have learned, and learning more. After 800+ hours of curriculum, students graduate as full-stack software engineers and JavaScript programmers.

Hack Reactor’s immersive program is known for demanding a starting skill set beyond that of a beginner, so the applicants should allow 2 to 4 months for the admissions process. Applicants should start by enrolling in one of Hack Reactor's free or paid prep programs to learn the basics of JavaScript and prepare for Hack Reactor's technical interview. The technical interview lasts an hour and covers coding problems in JavaScript related to the prep course curriculum. After passing the technical interview, students begin Hack Reactor's 80-hour precourse.

Job preparation is integrated into the curriculum, and students will build an online presence, resume and LinkedIn profile by graduation. Hack Reactor places alumni in mid-to-senior level positions at companies in tech, including Google, Salesforce & Microsoft, with an average graduate salary of $105K (2017 San Francisco student outcomes survey; 81% survey response rate).

Recent Hack Reactor Reviews: Rating 4.7

all (278) reviews for Hack Reactor →

Recent Hack Reactor News

Read all (55) articles about Hack Reactor →
  • Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationDenver, Seattle, Phoenix, Boulder, New York City, Los Angeles, Austin, San Francisco, Online
    The Hack Reactor immersive coding bootcamp is focused on building autonomous, fully capable software engineers. Every unit in our curriculum has been pored over numerous times to optimize for educational power and efficiency. The first half of the course is often described as “drinking from a firehose” because of how much information it packs in. In the second half, you use your new skills to build projects, while learning new technologies on the fly. By the end you will be an autonomous engineer, capable of tackling unique, unfamiliar problems and building complex applications.
    DepositAfter you have been accepted, a small deposit is required in order to secure your spot in the class.
    Around half of our students receive help in financing their Hack Reactor journey. We work with lending companies like SkillsFund and Climb Credit that understand the investment you are making in yourself.
    Tuition PlansFinancing options are available.
    Refund / GuaranteeNo
    Scholarship$1.3MM Hack Reactor Scholarship Fund - visit www.hackreactor.com/scholarships to apply!
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents need to demonstrate they are: fluent with JavaScript fundamentals, able to think like an engineer, are driven learners and empathic communicators. We have a free prep program to help you develop these skills.
    Prep WorkHack Reactor focuses on merit, not prior experience. We provide prep programs for students from any background to study and pass admissions. Take our free self-paced online prep program or a live online prep class to prepare.
  • Remote Part-Time Software Engineering Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Learn full-stack engineering over nine months. Same Hack Reactor curriculum, program and quality - no need to quit your job. Class is held live online with two weeknights and one half-Saturday per week plus required independent study.
    Tuition PlansApplicants who would otherwise be unable to attend Hack Reactor may split their tuition into installments and finish paying a portion of tuition up to six months after graduation.
    Refund / GuaranteeNo

• Best decision ever
    - 8/23/2017
    Wyatt Lindsey • Software Engineer • Graduate

I want to add to the choir of praise for Hack Reactor from my own experience as a student in their remote program.  In short, it was the best professional decision of my life.  I was stalled out in a career for which I had nearly zero enthusiasm when I decided to apply.  People at work who learned about the admittedly hefty price tag were shocked.  "For a three-month program?  Why don't you save a bundle and teach yourself?"  I had been working on that for years, but competing priorities like my full-time job kept pushing that learning until everything else was completed in my day.  I was making solid but slow progress on random disciplines.  It felt kind of like learning a foreign language with just a phrasebook.

The remote program empowered me to meet my three basic goals.  Specifically, those were to build applications with technologies I like, work remotely from home, and make an abundant income doing what I love.  Maybe those goals were too ambitious for someone with no professional software experience.  I am thrilled to tell you that the program delivered and I achieved my dream only a month after graduation.  Despite my high expectations of the outcome, I was surprised by how soon I was choosing between multiple awesome job offers.

I'm currently rounding six months working as a software engineer at a great startup.  I realize now that during the Hack Reactor program I didn't fully understand the many ways that the curriculum prepared me for the exact experience of doing this work professionally, e.g. sifting through a mountain of code you don't understand.  No spoilers, but their methods remind me of Daniel-san's work with "wax on, wax off" in The Karate Kid.  Writing production-grade applications professionally has made me appreciate the curriculum and methods much more.  I feel like I can approach problems as a true engineer with a firm grasp of fundamentals, both abstract and concrete.  I'm still noticing the unexpected ways I draw from my Hack Reactor training when tackling day-to-day problems as an engineer.  The program changed the way I approach any technical challenge, on both intellectual and instinctual levels.

One other thing that surprised me about the program was its unique way of teaching you the social aspects of development.  I think some aspiring programmers don't realize just how much collaboration goes into a large prime-time application.  I'm thankful for the practice solving problems with other people and working through pain points like "merge hell" in Git, for example.  Hack Reactor addresses the interpersonal aspects of working as a software developer, one of the things that makes this bootcamp peerless.

You probably know this, but the program isn't for everyone.  You could potentially have a bad time.  This work is difficult and can be discouraging before it's rewarding.  If you haven't at least dabbled with programming or read some books, you should make sure you enjoy writing your own code, beyond prepackaged tutorials. Hack Reactor reminds me of a catapult.  It will launch your skills and career a great distance in a short time, but having at least hobby experience will wind that catapult tighter.  The more you bring to the program, the further it will launch you.  If you're a person who gets really frustrated or panicky when something doesn't work correctly the first, tenth or fiftieth time, you're probably going to burn out.  Expect to spend a lot of time scrolling through threatening error messages.  You'll watch your hard work crumble into oblivion after a tiny code change.  You'll run up against issues and conflicts for which there is not yet a solution.  Hack Reactor of course has great people and resources to help get you out of a jam, but you should be ready to tear through documentation, GitHub Issues and StackOverflow discussions so you can competently solve your own problems.  In short, the experience is intense and often painful.  However, as I've heard it said, you're not going to find a life with no pain or problems; the secret to happiness is choosing the problems you enjoy solving.

I'm obviously blown away by how this program rocket launched me into the life I wanted.  That said, there are going to be rough edges in the remote program.  The methods and teaching are superb, but the production value isn't super glossy.  They're not Treehouse or Lynda.  You might see the occasional mismatch between links and materials for example.  Since the curriculum is continually refactored to reflect the present (looking at you, ES7+), it makes sense that the instruction delivery and materials aren't going to have a high gloss finish.  You might even think to yourself, "for this money, it should be perfect."  But keep in mind that you're not paying for a traditional online instruction program.  You're paying for a well designed and super effective remote "container" in which you'll do the best learning of your life.  You're paying for talented and supportive staff who bring amazing value to the experience.  They are the backbone of the program, giving shape and accountability to the container.  I owe my success, during and after Hack Reactor, to the dedication and skill they bring to their individual roles as mentors, coaches and coordinators.

To sum up, my Hack Reactor Remote experience was a crucible, a transformation and a dress-rehearsal for my new career, all rolled into one.  I can't recommend it enough for the dedicated and disciplined individual aspiring to start or accelerate a career in software.

• Alaa Hussein  User Photo
    Alaa Hussein • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Hack Reactor is by the far one of the best boot camps you can now attend. If you've considered a career switch to Software Engineering than I highly recommend that you take the leap of faith and enroll in Hack Reactor.

During your time at Hack Reactor you learn not only how to code like an engineer but to think like one as well. Being autonomous and a self learner is a must to succeed in Hack Reactor. You will be expected to put in a lot of work to grow as an engineer. It will be challenging but once you land your first job all the time and money you invested into the program will be worth it.

I have no regrets. Enrolling in Hack Reactor helped me become a Software Engineer and I encourage that you do the same.

• Feng  User Photo
    Feng • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the remote program of Hack Reactor back in this year's spring.  I went in with a solid understanding of programming in general, specifically back-end in JAVA and spring framework.  My previous job was a software engineer position where I felt like my contributions and works were just a small drop in the ocean for the company.  I wasn't satisfied with what I was doing and decided to leave the company.  Alot of things happened between then til I eventually decided to join Hack Reactor but thats not important for this review.

Despite my prior experience, the Hack Reactor cirriculum wasn't a cake walk for me.  Especially in week 3 where we had to learn 3 frameworks (backbone, react, and angularjs) in one week.  I was spending extra hours after class on sites like egghead and medium reading and watching related videos to fully understand these frameworks, es6, and bunch of others stuff.  This is also the week I realize how much I can learn in a such a short period of time, I didn't know I was capable of doing this.  A life changing moment for sure and that would be an understatement.  Since that week I started to develop a habit of buying one udemy course every few weeks, and I think I have learned more in past 8 months than the 10 years prior to that.

Robin was our tech mentor, a javascript ninja, but more than that he was a really personable teacher who was as engaging as he was knowledgeable.  I regret not booking more office hour with him but part of Hack Reactor is learning how to learn.  We also had Kyle and Annah as our shepherds (Teaching assistant).  Kyle introduced me to this new world of graphQL, I'm a huge fans of graphQL now because of him.  Annah is someone who would stay beyond her hours to help students.  We're both from east coast and we would see her on helpdesk helping students after 12AM quite often.  Annah is like a sister to me now and we talk all the time.  Aside from this teaching trio, we also have Hailey, who was our counselor and possibly the most positive person you'll ever meet.  And last but most important aspect of Hack Reactor in term of personnel, my classmate.  Who would have thought, when you put a bunch of brilliant people who share the same goal together, good things happen.  Now, its not all fine and dandy, espeically during our last 4 weeks (The last 4 weeks of hack reactor is what we call the thesis weeks.  Hack Reactor would put us in a group of 4 or 5 and work on a fullstack application) where our group would run into some conflicts due to disagreements, and for a few times our group couldn't get anything done because of that.  I really hope we could work in a smaller group where people would agree better (maybe a pair or even solo). That was easily the most unproductive time during hack reactor for me.

In term of job assistance there isnt much I can speak of.  You can talk to your outcome coach or outcome HiR to review your resume, do mock interview with you, and for interview advices.  And as far as I understand, this will continue throughout your jobsearch.  There is also this huge network you will get through Hack Reactor and Galvanize which could be very benefitial.  Thats pretty much it for job assistance.  4 months in and I still have quite a few classmate who are still job searching.

Overall I thoroughly enjoy my time in Hack Reactor.  Was it perfect?  No.  Was it the best decision I made in recent years?  Considering that my only other major decision in recent years is to heavily invest on ethereum when they were at 800?  Easily.  Would I join Hack Reactor again and do it all over from sratch?  Absolutely.

• Ralph Plumley  User Photo
    Ralph Plumley • Software Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Great staff and curriculum. The community is incredible.
    I also learned a lot from my peers - everyone admitted at Hack Reactor is extremely sharp.
    For anyone interested in leveling up their web dev / software engineering skills, this program is great.
    I highly recommend!

• Justin Scribner  User Photo
    Justin Scribner • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

One could not be happier with a decision than I am with mine to attend the Austin Immersive at Hack Reactor.

Like a lot of people my age, I have always been infatuated with technology and began messing around with computers and code at a young age.  Over the years I have taken countless online courses but nothing ever seemed to stick. That being said I never really understood any of the deeper concepts needed to actually write meaningful code until I started the prep program for Hack Reactor.

I had never heard of coding schools like this before a few years ago and never did my research until my brother in law went to a coding bootcamp in Cleveland in 2017. I was very curious about his experience and started doing my research. He had mixed reviews and was definitely overwhelmed with the pace but I was intrigued nonetheless. After a couple weeks of research and talking to admissions with multiple schools I finally decided to get started with the paid Structured Study Program provided by Hack Reactor. It was the most in-depth and fast-paced training I had ever been through. Even if you decide to go to a different school this prep program is amazing. Once I was about halfway through the SSP program I decided to take the technical interview to get into Hack Reactor and passed!

After a lot of research and family discussion, I decided on the in-person immersive in Austin and it was incredible in so many ways. I was thoroughly impressed with how much the staff cared about our success and about us as people. The team was led by Linden Kueck who turned out to be as loving and helpful a teacher/leader one could ever have. I learned an unbelievable amount about computer science, data structures, algorithms and Javascript in a very, very short time but I am also very grateful for the unexpected lessons in team dynamics and soft skills like how to effectively work and communicate with other developers in the real world.

Aside from the unexpected, I can't express in words how much I learned in such a short time. The pace was nothing short of insane and I was not sure I was going to remember anything that was being taught or if I was even going to finish the program. Then all of a sudden things just started to click and I was instinctively writing clean, readable code and building applications all on my own. These guys know what they are doing.

After graduation, the team continued to help immensely and the career coaches were amazing as well. I interviewed for just over a month and landed a full stack engineering position in my hometown making 6 figures. The job hunt in this industry is difficult but Hack Reactor was there to help the whole way.

If you are serious about coding as a career move and are looking to do it quickly, I don't see how anyone could make a better choice than the Austin campus at Hack Reactor.

• Kevin Maitski  User Photo
    Kevin Maitski • Full-stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This program is great for people who want to get a job in the web dev industry.  The program is jam-packed but there is a lot of information needed to be proficient in web development.  You will be working hard and you will learn a ton.  The staff is top notch and very knowledgeable.  The curriculum is good and teaches what you need to know to land an entry-level job.   The job support is really good, but don't expect them to find you a job.  They will help you in your search with stuff like resumes, interviews, and keeping you on track.  Everything I needed to do well in my interview I learned through Hack Reactor.  If you are interested in a programming boot camp I could not recommend Hack Reactor more.  ​

• Chris Wohlers  User Photo
    Chris Wohlers • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from the remote, part-time program and had a great experience. The course is very challenging and you want to be sure you are prepared before you take the entrance exam. That's a good thing! It means that the people in your cohort deserve to be there. You will be working with them all the time, so you will learn from them and they will learn from you. The quality of the student body is one of the major reasons that I would recommend HR.

The program does a good job of taking your through the basics and making sure that you cover all the important bases (databases, authentication, frontend frameworks). As it progresses you get less and less hand-holding. There's always help desk, and the tech mentors are readily available, but the idea is that by the time you graduate, you need to feel like an engineer. That means knowing how to read documentation yourself and debug like a pro.

I'm graduating now with an strong sense of accomplishment and the confidence that I can pickup any framework or web technology and make it work and I couldn't ask for more. I've worked with seasoned engineers from Google during a hackathon and been a valuable asset already. Five stars, no reservations.

** Also, the part-time, remote program was perfect for me, as a full-time dad. Having 9 months to absorb all the material that folks cover in 3 months during the immersive is a serious advantage. It's also no joke. Be ready to commit all your Saturdays for 9 months straight to studying!

• Andrew Dibble  User Photo
    Andrew Dibble • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Think of software engineering as a trade and of Hack Reactor as a trade school. Sure, everything you learn at a trade school you could teach yourself, but you'll end up spending a lot more time and effort, probably go down the wrong path more than once and pick up quite a few bad habits along the way. Hack Reactor teaches you the tools of the trade, i.e the front- and back-end frameworks and libraries that are in demand in the job market now. They will also teach you some CS fundamentals, offer excellent tutorship during the 12 week program, and prepare you for the job search afterwards as well.

But what you get out of Hack Reactor will largely be what you put into it. You can put in the bare minimum effort and make it through, but you would only be doing yourself a disservice. Your 12 weeks at Hack Reactor offer you a chance to put everything you have into learning this new trade and starting your new career. If you give it everything you've got, at the other end of it all, you will probably be very well prepared to find a job and to perform well in that role. You will at times feel like you've made the wrong decision, you won't understand what you're supposed to be teaching yourself, you will feel like you're spinning your tires. Those are the times when you struggle your way through, then you go back for more in order to solidify the concepts in your head. It will be at times very stressful, but at the same time very enjoyable, because you are challenging yourself and overcoming.

I attended Hack Reactor Austin from January to April 2018, during which time I applied myself more to one end than I ever had before in my life. Within a month of graduation, I had gotten two job offers for three times as much money as I was making at my previous job. It was easily one of the best decisions I've made in my life up until this point, and I am not infinitely happier at my new job than I ever was at my old one. I want to go back and shake my old boss's hand for having laid me off, because he set a chain of events in motion that put me where I am now, at an excellent company with a great culture and fun co-workers who also genuinely enjoy what they're doing.

• The best!
    - 5/21/2018
    Viktor garba  User Photo
    Viktor garba • Full stack engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

10/5. The Hack Reactor experience can’t really be put into word. I dropped out of college my sophomore year because it was super boring. I moved to San Francisco to attend Hack Reactor not really knowing what to expect. The first couple of weeks were really quite intense, the work load and the pace were something I defiantly wasn’t used to. After a couple of weeks you kinda start to settle in though. Nothing changes, the work load is the same and the pace is the same (if not more and faster) but you learn to adapt and get comfortable. When thinking about the qualities you hope to gain from a software bootcamp you might not think of a level of comfort with heavy work loads and long hours, but in this industry it is critical to your success. And I know that doesn’t sound great, but its a big part of why the average starting salary for a software engineer is 125,000$. Hack Reactor doesn’t necessarily teach you how to be a software engineer, they teach you how to make yourself a software engineer. You might not understand the importance of this, but it is the crucial difference that makes Hack Reactor grads successful. New technologies and verisons of techs come out almost every week, if not everyday, if you only learn how to be a software engineer today with todays tech you won’t last 2 months. Hack Reactor gives you the skills necessary to constantly and efficiently teach yourself new tools to continuously make yourself a great engineer, even after you graduate. Today Im proud to say I’m a Full-Stack Software engineer working in the Bay Area.

• David Inoa  User Photo
    David Inoa • Frontend Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Attending Hack Reactor has been one of the best decisions I've made in my career. You could argue that you could teach yourself or maybe even try to go back to traditional school, but I believe nothing is as cost or time-efficient as attending the best bootcamp in the industry. There is plenty of free knowledge and alternatives out there to learn the skills of a software engineer, but for most people starting out it is incredibly difficult to know what to focus on. Hack Reactor will offer you a well thought out roadmap that has been proven to work for thousands of students. You're guaranteed to learn the most in-demand technologies and skills in the industry thanks to its rapid-iteration teaching approach, which provides frequent experimentation and rapid re-investment of findings back into the class. One of my favorite thing about the program is that is practical in nature, so be prepared to experience a non-traditional yet more efficient approach to education in which you'll learn by doing and collaborating with others. By the end of the program, you'll have an amazing portfolio of projects that will impress any hiring manager. And even after you are done as a student, you'll still benefit from the amazing career support Hack Reactor provides and you'll have access to the incredible network of Hack Reactor alumni. Be aware that attending this immersive program will be challenging, but I promise it'll be a fun and rewarding experience.

• Norbie Magno  User Photo
    Norbie Magno • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Hack Reactor Remote Immersive program and I personally thought it was an amazing experience. One caveat I do want to make clear though is that you NEED to be prepared to take on the commitment if you're going to go through the bootcamp. You'll likely end up spending 10+ hours/day for 6 days a week working on stuff for the bootcamp so you need to make sure that you're able to commit to that. If you do ensure that you're able to commit to it, then you'll be able maximize the benefit you get from the program and learn a ton while you're there. If not, then you'll likely fall behind and feel like you're wasting your time/money. Hack Reactor does offer a part-time remote program that may be suitable for those that can't commit to a 10+ hour/day for 6 days a week commitment. I personally did not attend that so I can't speak for it, but I hear many good things about it.

Hack Reactor does a great job of structuring the curriculum in a way that gives you a lot of guidance on what exactly you need to do at first, then slowly removes the scaffolding as you work through the program. This is because the Hack Reactor curriculum highly emphasizes autonomy which is an extremely  important skill to have as an engineer. Although it's an uncomfortable experience as the scaffolding is slowly removed, it is necessary for one's growth as an engineer. In the real world, you often have minimal direction and are just given a problem to solve. You must go and figure out how to solve that problem on your own.

Another thing that Hack Reactor does great is teaching you how to learn things quickly and efficiently by having you to dive into various different subjects and learn them in a span of a few days. In the software engineering world, tools are quick to change so it's important to be able to adapt to the situation. As of right now, React is the "hot" framework at the moment, but prior to this there were frameworks like Angular and Backbone that were the "hot" frameworks. As an engineer, you need to learn how to pick up these tools quickly and efficiently because the software engineering world is constantly evolving and being able to quickly pick up these tools is an invaluable skill to have.

Outside of the curriculum, the support you get from the staff and community is amazing. I really enjoyed the cohort I was in and everyone was more than happy to help each other out. I never felt afraid to ping a staff member/classmate if there was something I was struggling with. They're always available help with both emotional and technical support which I really appreciated.

Hack Reactor also gives great support for the job search once you're done with the program. They mentor you on strategies to employ while applying in order to get a good response rate from companies and tailor the coaching you receive based on your strengths/weaknesses. I even got great advice for my personal career growth within my job once I had accepted a job offer. Another great resource for the job search is the alumni network. The alumni network is massive and people are constantly posting about things like job listings within their company, interview tips, development tips, etc.

For cons, I don't have much to say because I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. As I said earlier, you NEED to be prepared to take on this commitment. I fully believe that I had the experience that I had because I made sure to give the program my all and 100% commit to it. The program gives you all the tools you need to succeed, it is on the student to use those tools properly and receive the maximum benefit from it.

• Placid Rodrigues  User Photo
    Placid Rodrigues • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I was a self learned web developer working in a meager job. I love coding and I really loved my job. But the pay was very low.

Hack Reactor changed it. Now I am a full fledged software engineer working in a wonderful company with good salary in New Zealand.

I studied commerce all my life. But I hated my job. Somehow, I got into coding and I loved it. But I was quite late. When I enrolled into Hack Reactor, I was already 38 years old.

But it didn't matter. I was fully dedicated and was determined to make it happen. And it did.

First thing you have to keep in mind is that software engineering is hard. With that, I can tell you the following:

Hack Reactor has created a program that works.

First, It teaches you things you need to know to become an efficient software engineer. I was a self learned developer before and I lacked in many concepts that are crucial for a software engineer that Hack Reactor taught me.

Second, I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I did it remotely from half the world away and I had to completely reverse my sleep schedule. I attended the classes the whole night. It would not be possible if the course was not really enjoyable. I got the most helpful counseling and guidance during the course.

Third, it provides its students incredible support to get an outstanding job.

I am very thankful to everyone at Hack Reactor for creating such an awesome program and would undoubtedly recommend anyone who would love to become a software engineer and change their lives.

• Zack Biernat  User Photo
    Zack Biernat • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Everyone comes in to Hack Reactor with a different background. I met a wide variety of people at Hack Reactor Remote. There are students who had already had years of experience in Software Development. There are students who had recently graduated with Computer Science degree, but not yet started a professional career. There are students who have never taken a formal programming course and never worked for a tech company. There are students signing on from every part of the world (in the remote program).

As for me, I was working a blue collar factory job when I learned about Hack Reactor. Now I have a much more rewarding career that I love more each day.

The instructors and staff are great. There is surprisingly little 1-on-1 interaction that is timeboxed in the curriculum, but the staff members are great at making themselves available and are very good at identifying gaps in understanding. They are also very sensitive to student's struggling with the emotional/physical challenges of the experience.

The outcomes team is great and very supportive and available after graduation.

The overall experience is challenging! If you are already a skilled developer there are plenty of opportunities to push your boundaries. Almost none of the students are bored or otherwise unchallenged. If you are accepted (to the full time program) you must commit to it unconditionally. Some students drop out each cohort because of family or medical emergencies, but I observed a good number of these students re-enroll at a later start date. Very few students are removed for technical struggles or behavioral problems. The staff is pretty good about keeping people on track and recognizing when they need to intervene.

If you want to be a software engineer in the near future I totally recommend that you check out Hack Reactor. They know what skills and behaviors are valuable and they will help you grow very quickly. They also know that learning never stops for a software engineer, and they will make you thirst for more knowledge after graduation.