hack-reactor-logo

Hack Reactor

Austin, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco, Seattle

Hack Reactor

Founded in 2012, Hack Reactor is a code school that provides immersive full-time and part-time coding programs online and in-person at campuses in San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, Denver, Seattle, and New York City. Hack Reactor’s bootcamps include a 12-week Software Engineering Immersive, a 36-week Part-Time Software Engineering Immersive, and a 19-week Software Engineering Immersive with JavaScript and Python. Led by passionate and experienced instructors, engineers, and career advisors, Hack Reactor graduates become job-ready software engineers that companies want to hire. Hack Reactor coding bootcamps are challenging, life-changing, and designed to fit a student’s schedule and skill level. Hack Reactor trains students using a computer science and coding curriculum that models the exciting work being done in the software engineering industry.

Applicants to the 12-week and 36-week Software Engineering Immersives will need to pass a Technical Admissions Assessment (TAA), which tests for intermediate coding competency. (Those applying for the 19-week program do not need to pass the TAA.) Hack Reactor offers test prep programs to help prepare applicants for this assessment.

Hack Reactor provides students with a large network of professional peers, 1:1 coaching, mock interviews and job training, and building a student’s online presence. All students graduate as autonomous, full-stack software engineers, fully capable of tackling unique problems and building complex applications on the job. To date, the school has more than 7,000 graduates who’ve been hired by more than 2,500 companies around the world.

Recent Hack Reactor Reviews: Rating 4.72

all (319) reviews for Hack Reactor →

Recent Hack Reactor News

Read all (67) articles about Hack Reactor →
  • 12-Week Software Engineering Immersive

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, AngularJS, Express.js, Front End, Git, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationSan Francisco, Online, Denver, Seattle, New York City, Los Angeles, Austin
    After our 12-week coding bootcamp, you'll be what you want to be: a software engineer, fully capable of tackling unique and unfamiliar problems and building complex applications on the job. During the program, you can expect: 1) Real engineering work, right away: You'll work through hundreds of hours of problems designed to prepare you for success in technical interviews and in the workplace. 2) Real tools and practices to build job-ready skills: You'll gain the skills to plan, scope, build, and manage applications. You'll learn cutting-edge tech like React and ES6, along with Full Stack JavaScript and computer science fundamentals. 3) Real-world expectations to help launch your career: We'll challenge you to meet deadlines and requirements, build autonomy, communicate with precision, and collaborate effectively. Then we'll help you land the job you've worked so hard to prepare for. Learn more: https://www.hackreactor.com/coding-bootcamp
    DepositAfter acceptance, a non-refundable $100 deposit is required in order to secure your spot.
    Galvanize is proud to offer Hack Reactor students a variety of tuition assistance options including full-tuition scholarships, Income Share Agreements, and working with lending partners like Ascent Funding and Climb Credit.
    Tuition PlansPlease see the Financing section above.
    ScholarshipYes, we’re proud to offer scholarships for Hack Reactor Software Engineering Immersive students. Learn more: https://www.hackreactor.com/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelStudents need to demonstrate fluency in JavaScript fundamentals and are driven learners and communicators. (Our Prep programs help you develop these skills.)
    Prep WorkOnce accepted and prior to your start date, plan to spend about 90-120 hours on our Precourse curriculum. When you're done, you'll have a strong foundation in JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more, and you'll be ready for Day 1.
  • 12-Week Software Engineering Online Immersive

AngularJS, Front End, JavaScript, Express.js, Git, HTML, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    After our 12-week online coding bootcamp, you'll be what you want to be: a software engineer, fully capable of tackling unique and unfamiliar problems and building complex applications on the job. During the program, you can expect: 1) Real engineering work, right away: You'll work through hundreds of hours of problems designed to prepare you for success in technical interviews and in the workplace. 2) Real tools and practices to build job-ready skills: You'll gain the skills to plan, scope, build, and manage applications. You'll learn cutting-edge tech like React and ES6, along with Full Stack JavaScript and computer science fundamentals. 3) Real-world expectations to help launch your career: We'll challenge you to meet deadlines and requirements, build autonomy, communicate with precision, and collaborate effectively. Then we'll help you land the job you've worked so hard to prepare for. 4) As a remote learner, you can also expect live online instruction and interaction. Learn to code in real-time from world-class instructors, pair program with your classmates, and build your network during after-hours online events. You’ll also have access to our team 6 days a week. As questions arise, you'll have the support you need, inside and outside of class time. Reach out to instructors and mentors to set up real-time videoconferences, and stay in touch with your peers on Slack at any hour. Learn more: https://www.hackreactor.com/online-coding-bootcamp
    Tuition PlansPlease see the Financing section above.
    ScholarshipYes, we’re proud to offer scholarships for Hack Reactor Software engineering Immersive students. Learn more: https://www.hackreactor.com/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelAll applicants must pass a coding challenge and Technical Admissions Assessment (TAA), which tests for intermediate coding competency. Our Prep programs will help you get there: https://www.hackreactor.com/prep-programs
    Prep WorkOnce accepted and prior to your start date, incoming students should plan to spend about 90-120 hours on our Precourse curriculum. When done, you'll have a strong foundation in JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and more, and you'll be ready for Day 1.
  • 19-Week Software Engineering Immersive with JavaScript & Python

SQL, React.js, Python, Node.js, MySQL, HTML, Front End, Express.js, CSS, AngularJS
    Through this 19-week online coding bootcamp, you’ll be able to start thriving in a new career -- even if you have no coding experience. Students commit 45 hours per week for 19 weeks, and can expect: 1) In-demand technology and computer science. Our curriculum includes algorithms, data structures, networking, and databases. You’ll also learn Python and JavaScript, the two most in-demand programming languages, plus state-of-the-art practices such as microservices, CI/CD, and network security. 2) Expert instruction using a mastery learning model. We crafted a modern curriculum using the mastery learning model to ensure you grasp, internalize, and master every learning module. This includes the ability to retake modules as needed, and each module culminates in a project so you can build an impressive portfolio to show future employers. 3) Training for long-term career health. We cover skills that lead to career sustainability, including how to establish and maintain healthy and supportive work relationships, use stress management to reduce fatigue and frustration, and have confidence in your decisions. 4) Career services. We don’t wait until the end of the program to talk about jobs. Throughout your 19 weeks, our experienced Career Services team will help you land the job and career you want. Get 1:1 coaching tailored to your skills and needs, go through mock interviews, build your professional resume, and more. Learn more: https://www.hackreactor.com/learn-python-learn-javascript
    Tuition PlansPlease see the Financing section above.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone. No coding experience is needed.
    Prep WorkApplicants are required to pass a typing test and non-technical cognitive assessment. Once accepted, students are given Course Primers (not required but highly encouraged), which help everyone refresh on computer literacy and high school math.
  • 36-Week Software Engineering Online Immersive

JavaScript, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, Express.js, Front End, jQuery, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    The carefully designed pace of our part-time online coding bootcamp allows for work-life balance as you train for a new career. Become a software engineer in 36 weeks; learn to code nights and weekends. Afterward, you'll be what you want to be: a software engineer, fully capable of tackling unique and unfamiliar problems and building complex applications on the job. During the program, you can expect: Real engineering work, right away: You'll work through hundreds of hours of problems designed to prepare you for success in technical interviews and in the workplace. Real tools and practices to build job-ready skills: You'll gain the skills to plan, scope, build, and manage applications. You'll learn cutting-edge tech like React and ES6, along with Full Stack JavaScript and computer science fundamentals. Real-world expectations to help launch your career: We'll challenge you to meet deadlines and requirements, build autonomy, communicate with precision, and collaborate effectively. Then we'll help you land the job you've worked so hard to prepare for. Learn more: https://www.hackreactor.com/part-time-coding-bootcamp
    Tuition PlansApplicants who would otherwise be unable to attend Hack Reactor may split their tuition into installments and finish paying a portion of tuition up to six months after graduation.
  • Highly Recommended
    - 4/17/2020
    Patrick Bennett • Graduate
    Simply put, Hack Reactor's Software Engineering Immersive program in Seattle in my opinion was and still is the best bootcamp out there.  After speaking with numerous grads and students from other bootcamps in the area I feel absolutely comfortable in saying that it's curriculum provides a far more in-depth study of both fundamental CS concepts as well as work on software engineering projects in the senior phase actually mimic real on-the-job engineering work.  This program requires you to actually to work in an agile-like environment implementing full-stack core concepts on a daily basis instead of just being told about them, which may not seem like a difference between other schools but I have yet to see another program that works this way.

I will put in some words of warning however, that this program is not a suitable option for everyone who is deciding to attend a bootcamp to switch careers or brush up and hone their previously existing skills.  The coursework is rigorous and seemingly never-ending.  On one hand you cover so much material this way that it puts you in a fantastic position for your job search, but on the other, no matter your skill level, it does require 100% percent of your attention and focus for the entire time that you spend in the program.  You will have late nights.  You will code through your lunches.  You will work an absolute bare minimum of 60 hour weeks (I have never seen a student across several cohorts who spent that little time each and every week.). You will be required to pick up and retain core concepts at lightning speed.  You will be overwhelmed.  You will struggle.  But, you will ultimately pick up so much more information this way.

What truly separates this particular bootcamp from the rest besides the material covered and the manner of the course's educational model is the staff, specifically for when I was in the program - the tech mentor/campus lead.  Because of the low acceptance rate and the program's relative infancy physically located in Seattle, class sizes are low which allows for much more interaction with the on-campus instructor.  Each location exercises a considerable amount of autonomy in coursework across all of Hack Reactor's campuses and I believe that the Seattle campus truly provides a better overall experience because of it's instructor's ability to directly interface with students far more often than on other campuses.

The only minor quibble that I have with the program is that while the career services instructor is very accessible, and a fantastic resource, they inherited a broken system from the previous program that Hack Reactor took over relatively recently that they are in the process of constantly adding to. The networking in both the physical location as well as through a nation-wide alumni is great though.  Many of the people that I met through the Seattle campus have gone on to work with the likes of some of the big players in the industry (Amazon, IBM, Atlassian, etc..) while others have gone on to smaller companies (with some eye-popping salaries.)

If you are serious about putting in any amount of work required to switch careers, are confident in your ability to completely dedicate several months of life to learning the skills required to actually navigate a very competitive job market, and have a detail-oriented, disciplined, but creative analytical mind, then this program is for you.  If you do not match up to each and every one of those criteria, or if you are looking for a program that allows you to have a balance with your personal life then I would suggest to look at other options.
  • Fawn Bertram • Software Engineer • Graduate
    Back when I had my mid-20s career crisis, I decided to narrow down the industries I was interested in to Tech and Real Estate. Discovered Tech was far easier to enter and earn high pay in, and it dominated the area that I live in, SF, so I chose Tech. I figured the most valuable skillset in Tech is programming, and the best coding bootcamp was HR, so I went to Hack Reactor. Google even paid for 2/3 of the cost due to our educational benefit, and the fact that I didn't leave long enough to lose my benefits, and then I came back to do a rotation as an engineer. HR had a great curriculum, teachers (Alan and Frank), impressive peers, and an extremely valuable outcomes team that taught me how to job search before and after my rotation was over. After my rotation was over and long after I graduated, I still got support from Marlene Fong on the outcomes team, even though she wasn't assigned to assist alumni, in order to find my new job at Adobe. HR is one big family in the end, and I'm so grateful to everyone I encountered along this journey for making my life possible.
  • Matt Conrad • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate
    Before Hack Reactor, I'd gone to some great schools for undergrad and grad school, but Hack Reactor provided some of the best instruction I've received and placed me among some of the smartest, most engaged classmates I've known. I loved my time there and have remained close to my classmates, who are working across some of the largest companies in the Bay Area and some of the coolest startups.

I was impressed by how quickly my classmates and I found jobs--within a month or two. It's amazing to think about how much Hack Reactor was an inflection point in my life, when I learned to put together all of the things that fascinated me. That 3-month period and the tuition are easily some of the best investments I've made in myself--and this is after going to an ivy league school for undergrad and a top-14 law school. Learning to program takes a lot of self-guided study, but Hack Reactor taught me how to find what I needed in order to get started. I'm very grateful to the Hack Reactor program and its inspiring, energetic, and tight-knit community that stays with you after you graduate.
  • Paul • Graduate

I attended Hack Reactor back in 2014 and had a great experience. It was quite a while ago so I can't really speak to the quality of the program now, but I will say that I have been very impressed with their alumni support. I went through a job search recently and I was not really sure how much support the alumni program would offer to someone who finished the program over 5 years ago. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Marlene Fong, the alumni director, was extremely helpful. Through her network, she was able to connect me with Hack Reactor alumni at companies I was interested in interviewing which led to me getting some first round interviews. When I started receiving offers, Marlene guided me through the negotiation process, going out of her way to help me even after her work hours. Her advice was invaluable and I can't thank her enough.

• Stephen Saunders • Software Engineer • Graduate

Nearly four years later, attending Hack Reactor has proven to be one of the best decisions I could have made for my career and personal life.  As time passes, I get to see the immense value of what the Hack Reactor community provides to its members and the marketplace of employers.

I went to Hack Reactor to level-up in my software engineering career.  As a junior developer and someone that benefits from a classroom environment, it was the perfect springboard to understanding programming concepts that eluded me during my year and half of 'on-the-job' training. Upon graduating with a combination of industry experience,  technical training, and job search support, Side, Inc. hired me as one of its founding engineers.  Within three and a half years, the company grew from four to nearly 125 people; from barely seed-funded, to well-funded series C.

Fast-forward nearly four years.  I hadn't interviewed. I am back on the job market for the first time since I graduated.   I let my interviewing skills and algorithm design skills atrophy.   I had been all in on the startup life and didn't invest time in my ability to re-enter the job market. I scarcely even updated my résume.  I didn't notice that I was making progress on developing an application for a company without at the same time keeping my tools sharp.

The time came to find another job.  Frankly, it was daunting.  It was at this moment that I called on my Hack Reactor network.  I reached out to cohort-mates, but more importantly, I reached out to the Alumni network through the Alumni director, Marlene Tang.  She was by far the most supportive resource available to get oriented in the job search.  I was able to reconnect with fellow grads who had recently returned to the job market.  I was even able to receive mentorship from another grad to help me with algorithms and whiteboarding, a skill which feels like it had all but disappeared. I received in-network leads of opportunities for which I could apply.  The Alumni director had a keen sense of who was where and could essentially facilitate matchmaking with companies that were looking.

In the end, I found a new opportunity that really is a dream job.  It so happens that it turned out to be one of the companies where another Hack Reactor grad was working.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for the ongoing perks of being part of the Hack Reactor community.  This next move is a big step in my career, unlocking doors to tracks that didn't exist before.

Interviewing is grueling, even if you are experienced and well-connected.  The interviewing process for engineers involves all sorts of assessments.  There are short, automated, timed coding challenges.  I have experienced technical trivia questionnaire and odd thought experiments.  I have spent hours on takehomes; I have devoted days to multi-session technical interviews; it is as though the list goes on.  It is tiring and discouraging.  I cannot overstate the privilege of having a support system like the Hack Reactor Alumni Network, and being able to work with someone like Marlene.

This relationship I invested in four years ago has made all the difference for me. The success I have experienced is in no small part due to the support of a fantastic community, led by a passionate, competent leader, Marlene Tang.  Thank you, Hack Reactor. Thank you, fellow grads, for being awesome people and making the community what it is.

• Alex Kim • Front End Software Engineer • Graduate

I attended Hack Reactor back in early 2017 before Hack Reactor was acquired by Galvanize.

Back in 2017, the program praised the concept of being an autonomous problem solver. I believe that this concept alone is what separates Hack Reactor from any other boot camp out there because of how well Hack Reactor simulates the 'on-the-job' experience without skimping out on the material to kick start your Software Engineering career. However, from my experience, I felt that the curriculum felt too short... Especially the career week portion of the curriculum. The job search is a grind and even with experience, it is hard to transition from job to job due to the market being saturated. Because there is a lot of competition at times, and because the hiring process is difficult, Hack Reactor provides life-time support for job assistance which I believe is what makes the investment worth it. I had the pleasure to work with Yu-lin and Marlene, and without them, I don't think I would have survived the job search let alone even attempt to apply to some of them due to the imposter syndrome that many would face during the search and even while on-the-job.

Hack Reactor is an exhilarating experience especially if the student attends the on-site cohort. You establish lifetime relationships with your cohort mates that can make or break your career and with continuous support, you are already ahead of the curve. I would highly recommend attending Hack Reactor for the experience if you are serious about becoming a Software Engineer, it is not for everyone but if this is something that has been on your mind, Hack Reactor is the place for you.

• Very effective
    - 11/19/2019
    Akul Aggarwal • Software Engineer • Graduate

Review of Hack Reactor from 2016 Fall alumni

I tried for a while to self-teach coding. I knew of Hack Reactor, but hesitated to throw in the towel and fork over the tuition - I wish I hadn't waited as long as I did, I lost a lot of time. I did make progress on my own, but it was undirected, and at best, likely would have led to jobs which weren't very good in terms of learning, impact, or even work-life balanace.

1. Confidence - Their comittment to helping you stay motivated, and belaying fears of being unemployable after the program, is an indespensible part of the program. Many students suffer from imposter syndrome, especially those starting to code more or less for the first time, and HR's staff is not only great at handling this, but they have dedicated people who help manage this. It really helps a lot.

2. Alumni network - My brother attended HR as well, and he commented that the alumni network and support are worth the tuition alone. I agree: through HR, I have become a part of a network of highly motivated people in IT comprising of thousands of people - and it's constantly growing. This opens up tremendous opportunity for your career, and for people who don't have a network of coders (say from taking college classes or a previous job or two), looking to get into IT, this is very difficult to quantify,  and hard to build independantly.

3. Learning - The most important part of HR is what they teach you. Through this program, I got an understanding of different parts of the application layer - from database to server to client. The program is a little more geared towards front end, as we learned multiple JS frameworks, and everything was taught in Javascript (nodeJS for server, and SQL and Mongo for DB), but you get hands on experience in all parts of the stack, and have to hook everything up. The teaching is done exceptionally well: The course starts with lots of instruction, and transitions over time to fullt time hands on coding. The very first week, you work on coding sprints with your peers, to deliver assignments. The senior project at the end was extremely valuable. This combination of instruction, private support, and lots and lots of coding assignments, is the way to go. By the end, you deliver a fully functioning app, available to use through a public web address. This is direct evidence to others (and yourself) that you are employable.

Life after HR - I found a job within about 3 months (definitely under 4). I had the ability to learn everything I needed after the course for interviews, to build whatever potential employers wanted. It was a leg up, though still a lot of work. HR also helped me a lot with salary negotiation. But if you're looking to get into some of the best tech companies, or build useful stuff for customers at a fast paced startup, then hard work is an expecation anyway. This course prepares you for that as well. After my first job, the wonderful HR Alumni support network (directly employed by the institution) helped me land interviews in no time, and matched me to companies which matched my preferences. I had a 2nd job within weeks of starting my search, and have been very very happy with my current employment since.

One comment - This program is very challenging. I liken it to my last few months in my Engineering curriculum in college, during which we had to build an actual usable device for a company. Suffice it to say, it's rigorous. You're coding a lot, at least 6 days a week. But, you will get out of it what you put in. If you choose to do the bare minimum to contribute and pass the midterm assesment, that's what you'll get. If you choose to optimize your time, learn the most challenging stuff in painful detail, you will come out of it better.

• Naomi • Software Engineer • Graduate

I attended Hack Reactor in August-November 2015 (HR33), and then stayed for another cycle as an HIR (hacker-in-residence, essentially a TA for the next cohort). I got a job as a full-time programmer three weeks after finishing HIR, and had two other offers. I'm still in the field and am 1.5 years into my current job, and loving it.

The pros:

- I loved the teaching staff and the curriculum; Fred and Alan were some of the best instructors I've ever had. The tech mentor staff was also great and helped us in our day-to-day work; Beth was one of the best explainers and kept me sane.

- The Outcomes staff was amazing. Way more of the course than I had expected was devoted to interview prep and how to conduct a job hunt. Marlene was my guide, and she made sure I was applying to at least 5 jobs a day, and would hunt me down if I didn't! She will kick your resume and interviewing skills into shape, and she helped me negotiate through some tricky offer conversations, literally helping me compose emails to get me a higher salary.

- The curriculum was challenging and taught me just enough to get jobs. It was very rigorous (6 days a week, ~12 hours a day most days), but when you're with a bunch of other people going through the same thing, it's really fun.

The cons:

- When I was an HIR back in 2015, it seemed like they were effectively lowering the admissions bar by introducing the Fulcrum & related programs, which I assume was to get more "qualified" applicants through the door to make money. I genuinely believe that most people can learn to code, but not everyone can do it at a breakneck speed in just 3 months, and letting in people who are unlikely to succeed in a 12-week program is doing a disservice to the bootcamp, and an even greater one to the students themselves. I have no idea what admissions are like now, especially now that they've been acquired by Galvanize, so it's probably pretty different these days. It's hard for me to draw any conclusions, but when people ask me, "Should I go to a bootcamp?" I always tell them that they should do all the prep work on their own (without a program) and make sure they can pass the admissions test, because if they can't pass the admissions test on their own, I'd have a lot less confidence that they could make it through the program successfully (not to say students who do pre-programs can't be successful! Just that if you can't make it in without doing the program, it's an indication that you might struggle in the real thing).

• Taylor • Software Engineer • Graduate

Quitting my job and making the career transition to software engineering is one of the best decisions I've made. If you genuinely like to code and think you can handle a fast-paced learning environment, Hack Reactor is a great option. Now that I have a job as a software engineer, I can confidently say the skills I learned at Hack Reactor are transferable and I gained the tools I need to learn on the job. It could be frustrating at times with the vagueness of directions and the level of autonomy they expected, but learning how to learn in the dark is one of the most important skills they teach you.

The job search support is another way I think Hack Reactor stands out. They have you thinking about your resume and practicing interview-style problems very early on, and throughout the second half of the program you have one hour in-person whiteboarding interviews every week. After you graduate, you have access to career counseling for up to 6 months with a weekly check-in to hold you accountable. There are office hours with the tech mentors for mock interviews and the alumni network is very extensive. Any alumni I reached out to was more than happy to talk and help me out.

Although Hack Reactor was great for me, I think it's important to note that I don't think full-time bootcamps in general are for everyone. They are extremely fast-paced and challenging, and if you can't learn under that kind of pressure I would recommend doing a part time option. The job market for junior engineers, especially in LA, feels saturated and finding a job is not easy. That being said, finding a job is not impossible if you're willing to put the work in and be persistent.

• Evelyn • Software Engineer • Graduate

Just a little background on myself: I was an educator that was determined to be the exception and remain a teacher for the entirety of my working years. I was incredibly passionate, dedicated...and made it nine years. I needed a change, new problems to solve, and an opportunity to be a true continuous learner. After researching and reaching out to alumni, I landed on HackReactor @ Galvanize (Austin campus) as the path that I would take to my new career and I am SO glad I did.

HRATX offers emotional and technical support whenever you need it. There are opportunities for office hours with residents, instructors, and the campus lead to address any concerns that you may have and scheduling such sessions is incredibly quick and easy. The staff is always kind, direct, and extremely helpful. Not to mention, any feedback you have is well received and addressed.

I have a lot of experience around educators and have known many great ones. However, one of my favorite teachers I’ve ever had is at HackReactor in Austin. The instruction was made accessible, interesting, and no question was too trivial.

As amazing as this program is, you get out what you put in. Not having any technical background, this was the hardest 12 weeks of work that I’ve done and was incredibly humbling. But I worked really hard, stayed late, and asked a lot of questions. I leaned heavily on my peers (which Hack Reactor does a great job selecting, in my opinion) and tried to do everything advised by the instructors. This curriculum, method of instruction, and stellar career services yielded two job offers within a month.

If I had it all to do over again, I would choose this program again in a heartbeat

• Caroline • Graduate

I graduated from Hack Reactor Los Angeles campus this year. As a graduates, I can confident say Hack Reactor has great learning atmosphere, efficient and powerful curriculum, employees are extremely reachable and helpful. After I graduated, I am very confident in job searching process, the career consoler is here for you when you need help or advice. I got an offer within a month after I graduated.

In sum, I am really appreciate about choosing Hack Reactor, and it is a successful career path change for me! Thank you Hack Reactor LA!!!!

• Joshua • Software Engineer • Graduate
    Hack React was a fantastic, but extremely challenging boot camp. 12 weeks may seem like a short time, but it felt like I was in a two year program at a traditional university. The speed, intensity and amount of knowledge learned in a short period is not for the faint of heart, but if you are dedicated and willing to give it your all then this is the program for you.

The curriculum is extremely up to date, the instructors are very knowledgeable on the latest tech and are constantly making sure they are up to date with the industry. I also appreciated the support given from the counseling staff. They clearly understand the mental and physical demands of taking a coding bootcamp and they do an amazing job of checking in and supporting you throughout the program. I was also impressed with the time dedicated to job preparation and coaching -- daily whiteboarding, interview prep, resume review, and one-on-one coaching really helped when I jumped into the job hunt.

Overall, I am extremely happy I chose Hack Reactor and proud of myself for completing.