entity-academy-logo

ENTITY Academy

ENTITY Academy

ENTITY Academy offers virtual bootcamps specifically for women with programs in Data Science (33 weeks), Software Development (33 weeks), Web Development (24 weeks), UX/UI (36 weeks) and Data Analytics (24 weeks). ENTITY's mission is to close the skills, confidence, and wage gap that impacts women in tech fields.

No prior experience is necessary to apply for any ENTITY Academy bootcamp.

ENTITY Academy bootcamp students will receive career services, including resume assistance, interview preparation, and portfolio development. Students will also receive soft skills training and personalized mentorship.

ENTITY Academy students have several tuition payment options, including an Income Share Agreement, low interest loans through Climb credit, or a payment plan. Scholarships may also be available for select bootcamps.

Recent ENTITY Academy Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (119) reviews for ENTITY Academy →

Recent ENTITY Academy News

• Cybersecurity Virtual Academy

Network Security, Python
    As the world becomes more tech-focused and information migrates to the web or cloud services, companies need professionals who can monitor for risk and fraud. Government organizations, corporations, banks, and even the everyday person, need protection from hackers and data breaches. However, like many areas of the tech industry, cybersecurity is suffering from a skills gap. This is why ENTITY has launched The Cybersecurity Virtual Academy, powered by Woz U, to give you valuable hard skills to land a job in cybersecurity. ​ Our preferred provider for this course, Woz U, can help you acquire the skills needed to land entry-level positions in cybersecurity, even if you don't have any prior experience. Plus, through ENTITY Academy, you will receive soft skills training, mentorship, and invitations for you to connect with your peers and industry leaders in our Mentor Network.
    Tuition PlansPrivate funding, deferred repayment, and additional payment options available
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds accepted
  • Data Science Virtual Academy

R, Python, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science
    Data Science bootcamp students will learn statistical programming with R, programming fundamentals with Python, data wrangling and visualization, machine learning and modeling, and business analytics training. Entity Academy Data Science bootcamp is powered by Woz U.
    Financing is available through Climb Credit.
    Tuition PlansIncome share agreement is available.
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply
  • Medical Billing and Coding Virtual Academy

Medical billing and coding is a great career for those interested in the medical field but don't want to spend years in higher education. Their work is vital to ensure costs are being kept down, medical mistakes are minimized, and patients' medical histories are properly organized and saved. It has become a sought-after job in the healthcare industry due to its numerous benefits such as being able to complete training in as little as a year, career advancement opportunities, and in some cases, the ability to work from home. ​ The opportunities in this field are everywhere. You could work at a clinician's office or hospital, in an office for an insurance company, and some agencies are even hiring billing technicians for remote positions. No matter what your ideal work environment is, medical billing and coding has a place for you.
    Tuition PlansFinancial aid options available
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds accepted
  • Software Development Virtual Academy

SQL, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Front End, CSS
    Software Development bootcamp students will learn full stack programming and coding, database management, responsive design, and web security. Entity Academy Software Development bootcamp is powered by Woz U.
    Financing available through Climb
    Tuition PlansIncome share agreement is available
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply
  • Writer's Collective (Digital Marketing)

OnlinePart Time12 Weeks
    Start Date May 09, 2022
    This is a multi-platform digital marketing program, covering paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Google. Students will also learn in-demand editorial skills, including search engine optimization, writing and editing for digital media, and the fundamentals of graphic design and branding.
    Tuition PlansContingent Payment Plans and loans are available.
    May 09, 2022 - Online
  • Rolanda Anwar  User Photo
    Rolanda Anwar • CEO • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have attended quite a few online schools and Entity’s staff, LMS system and support has been my best experience ever.  This is critical to success in applying the curriculum to every day scenarios.
    Moreover, the resources to reference after graduation are monumental.

I am forever changed and in debt to this wonderful institution of learning.
    Sheila Cavazos   User Photo
    Sheila Cavazos • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am very happy that I found this program and I am confident that I am prepared to start my new chapter as a data scientist. The mentors are always available to help and are very knowledgeable in the field.
  • Abi Akinlotan  User Photo
    Abi Akinlotan • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had enrolled at another bootcamp prior to joining ENTITY Academy and the difference was starkly. This is definitely not your average coding bootcamp.
    I applied for the Data Science program and struggled in the beginning because I had been out of a learning environment for a minute but my mentor was super patient with me, the student career coaches encouraged and counselled, the instructors were fun, all the learning materials were thorough - the quizzes, the hands-on practice, the projects;  every topic was relevant and by the time I graduated, I felt very READY.
    ENTITY Academy has to be my best pandemic decision!!! I would forever be grateful to my mentor, my team mates and the management at Entity Academy for making this career transition relatively easy especially also for WOMEN!
    Danielle Barnes  User Photo
    Danielle Barnes • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am a career changer and participating Entity Academy's Data Science Program was the best decision I could have made. The program is thorough and I learned so much while going through the modules, taking quizzes and exams, and performing hands-on projects. My mentor has been so patient and full of knowledge and I trust his content and career knowledge. My experience has been extremely fulfilling and I cannot wait to start my new career.
  • Best Decision Ever
    Bethel Ikejiofor  User Photo
    Bethel Ikejiofor • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into ENTITY as a data analyst wanting to grow further in my career which is how I came to join their data science program. A lot of the curriculum was a refresher for me but it also exposed me to some basics that I didn’t know. It’s also helped me with conceptualizing things I had been exposed to either in undergrad or on the job but never fully understood, especially when it comes to statistics. On top of that, the support is phenomenal. Genevieve, Ayanna, and Angelica especially have made the program more enjoyable for me. From the soft skills coaching to the supplemental Google classrooms, those 3 have been very instrumental in my experience at ENTITY. There’s also the fireside chats which gives students insight into days in the life of different people within different industries, whether that be software engineering, data science, etc. To top it all off, the financing options are also very convenient and are clearly made so that cost isn’t an impediment to learning.
  • Just What I Needed
    Georgia Miller  User Photo
    Georgia Miller • Student Verified via GitHub
    I was looking for a school that would teach me skills, not regurgitate code. I found that and more here.
    I have learned new languages, softwares and processes to wrangle and analyze data. Each lesson gives videos, code/theory breakdown and a hands on practice to make sure you are understanding what you are doing. You have access to not only other students but mentors and professors to get assistance in your classes. You have due dates but you can work at your own pace and at whatever point in the day that works best for you.
    Here's the best part: you literally get out of the program what you give. Between one on one coaching, group coaching for soft skills, chats with real people in the industry, and Google classroom assignments for extra hard skill tuning. You also have career services to help set your resume and portfolio up for success in the field. There are real people every step of the way to make sure you are successful if you really want it. I could not pick a better place to
  • Sindy Saintclair  User Photo
    Sindy Saintclair • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I love the data science program that I became a part of! Initially I wanted to do web development but with lack of resources, I was unable to do so. But they offered me other interesting and lucrative programs that had income share agreements available, among them being data science! I love it! I have an amazing coach, had access to mentors most of the day, had my own mentor and 1:1 coaching sessions in accompaniment with group coaching sessions, and a series upon series of rather intriguing fireside chats from notable members in the tech industry, which I was also given the opportunity to connect with on LinkedIn. There are also a variety of career services put in place to ensure that I find a job! I’m currently building my portfolio from the assignments and portfolio based projects given out. It’s amazing! I love it and how engaging it is!
  • Abi G.  User Photo
    Abi G. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am a former teacher launching a career change into Data Science. While there are many DS Bootcamps out there to choose from, I chose ENTITY because of everything they offer BESIDES the curriculum, in addition to the several financing options. I know I could pick up hard skills from any program, but what sets ENTITY apart is the personal connection, coaching, and mentorship that is available. I’m not done yet, so I can’t say 100% what job I will land, but I have been so pleased with all the additional value added to help with my personal and career development. I know that I personally struggled with self-confidence, which can be especially difficult with a career change. But with ENTITY, I have multiple people I can reach out to on a weekly basis for support and validation. It has truly been a wonderful experience and I can’t wait to see how the future plays out!
  • Angelica Pronto  User Photo
    Angelica Pronto • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I found ENTITY right before graduating from my four-year university, discouraged by the lack of career services available to a liberal arts graduate in a STEM-focused school. It was serendipitous that ENTITY showed up during my job search the way it did. My Writer’s Collective experience, to this day, is unmatched. Not only did the hands-on learning help me hone my craft as a writer, but the feedback and mentorship I received during my program is what I continuously fall back on as I accelerate in my career. Six years later, I’m still using things I learned from my program.

From search engine optimization (SEO), to digital writing, to social media packaging – these just aren’t things my college courses covered. Because of this, I thought my only options after getting a degree were to work as a magazine writer or an editor, not realizing that there were so many other ways to monetize my passion for the written word. And year over year, I’ve seen ENTITY iterate their flagship Writer’s Collective program to ensure it’s up-to-date and relevant to the ever-changing digital landscape. I know they’re offering branding/design modules now, along with deep dives into paid marketing for the 5 major social media platforms (FB, IG, Google, LinkedIn, TikTok).

Through ENTITY, I spent an entire summer building my portfolio and getting published on a magazine (www.EntityMag.com). At the time, nothing was more exhilarating than seeing my byline on content that was researched, written, edited, and published! Not to mention, I also met and learned from industry experts. ENTITY provides intimate access to high-level professionals within the industry that can potentially serve as connections in the future! Mentorship emanates throughout this organization, and continues for students even after graduating. I couldn’t be prouder to be part of the #WomenThatDo.
  • Working Single Mom
    - 4/26/2022
    Lety G  User Photo
    Lety G • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Years ago, I saw that my client, a single mom, worked from home and earned a competitive salary. Analysis was a part of her role. She told me she creates a story using data. She is an incredible leader in her field, and she is #goals. I decided that once I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, I would look into Data Science. It seemed an exciting field: rewarding, competitive, and rapidly growing. The notion that I could work from anywhere was very appealing, and this was pre-pandemic.

Soon after, my inspiring best friend earned her Master's from Vanderbilt. She told me all about her Machine Learning degree. I remember thinking, "I am not sure I am smart enough...I can't afford it."
    When the pandemic hit, I was forced to pivot because the nature of my business is residential. After years of contemplating it, I decided to bet on myself. All my clients were quarantined, so I applied to ENTITY Academy. What did I have to lose? I had already researched and even been to open houses for other boot camps. I really liked that this program is geared towards women.

From the moment I had my first recruitment call with Julio, Entity Academy has been nothing but a wonderfully positive experience. Of course, a tech BootCamp is NOT easy. However, with Entity, you have all you need to get your foot in the door.
    Networking- FireSideChats with working professionals
    Technical Help - A qualified Senior Technical Mentor will walk you through your coursework when you are stuck. (Devin, you are the absolute best.)
    The CEO and Director are invested in your success and overall happiness during the program. I was personally called and introduced to VPs, CEOs, and Amazonian women more than once.

More sleepless nights completing other certificates await. I've learned that in Tech, we ALWAYS need to be learning, and this course makes you competitive in the market.

If you are thinking about it, go for it. I graduated in March 2022. I interviewed as soon as I put my credentials on LinkedIn. I accepted an offer yesterday after reviewing my options over the weekend, and my start date is in May.

#singlemom #girlswhocode #womenintech #latinasintech
  • Stephanie B.  User Photo
    Stephanie B. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the writer's collective program back in 2018 after being laid off from my first post-college job. I was looking for an opportunity where I would be taught new skills that my previous job didn't bother to teach me. I was also looking for a type of mentor or guidance in the digital marketing world. I wanted to learn how to be more creative with my writing and knew I needed to expand my skills. A lot of the jobs I was applying to were looking for people with 5 plus years of experience and who were familiar with InDesign, SEO, and editing. I found ENTITY's program through an Indeed post and decided to apply. I was very excited when I was offered a spot and from day one the whole experience was very professional. You learn how to network, write, interview, edit, and so much more. After completing the program I walked away feeling confident in myself and the skills that I brought to the table. I was able to land a job working at a newspaper as their social media coordinator two months later.

Experiencing just how hard it can be to land a job after graduation when every company wants people with experience is hard. But I would recommend the program to someone who is looking to gain experience, skills, and knowledge in the digital marketing world in order to show a potential employer that you do have the experience.
  • AMAZING!!
    - 6/28/2022
    Megan Amos • Graduate
    Since starting with ENTITY I have been able to connect with women in the same classes as me and working on the same material.  It is so great to be able to have such amazing women working and helping each other to be successful in the data field.  All of the instructors are so encouraging and engaging!!