entity-academy-logo

ENTITY Academy

ENTITY Academy

ENTITY Academy offers virtual bootcamps specifically for women with programs in Data Science (33 weeks), Software Development (33 weeks), Web Development (24 weeks), UX/UI (36 weeks) and Data Analytics (24 weeks). ENTITY's mission is to close the skills, confidence, and wage gap that impacts women in tech fields.

No prior experience is necessary to apply for any ENTITY Academy bootcamp.

ENTITY Academy bootcamp students will receive career services, including resume assistance, interview preparation, and portfolio development. Students will also receive soft skills training and personalized mentorship.

ENTITY Academy students have several tuition payment options, including an Income Share Agreement, low interest loans through Climb credit, or a payment plan. Scholarships may also be available for select bootcamps.

Recent ENTITY Academy Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (119) reviews for ENTITY Academy →

Recent ENTITY Academy News

• Cybersecurity Virtual Academy

Network Security, Python
    As the world becomes more tech-focused and information migrates to the web or cloud services, companies need professionals who can monitor for risk and fraud. Government organizations, corporations, banks, and even the everyday person, need protection from hackers and data breaches. However, like many areas of the tech industry, cybersecurity is suffering from a skills gap. This is why ENTITY has launched The Cybersecurity Virtual Academy, powered by Woz U, to give you valuable hard skills to land a job in cybersecurity. ​ Our preferred provider for this course, Woz U, can help you acquire the skills needed to land entry-level positions in cybersecurity, even if you don't have any prior experience. Plus, through ENTITY Academy, you will receive soft skills training, mentorship, and invitations for you to connect with your peers and industry leaders in our Mentor Network.
    Tuition PlansPrivate funding, deferred repayment, and additional payment options available
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds accepted
  • Data Science Virtual Academy

R, Python, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science
    Data Science bootcamp students will learn statistical programming with R, programming fundamentals with Python, data wrangling and visualization, machine learning and modeling, and business analytics training. Entity Academy Data Science bootcamp is powered by Woz U.
    Financing is available through Climb Credit.
    Tuition PlansIncome share agreement is available.
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply
  • Medical Billing and Coding Virtual Academy

Medical billing and coding is a great career for those interested in the medical field but don't want to spend years in higher education. Their work is vital to ensure costs are being kept down, medical mistakes are minimized, and patients' medical histories are properly organized and saved. It has become a sought-after job in the healthcare industry due to its numerous benefits such as being able to complete training in as little as a year, career advancement opportunities, and in some cases, the ability to work from home. ​ The opportunities in this field are everywhere. You could work at a clinician's office or hospital, in an office for an insurance company, and some agencies are even hiring billing technicians for remote positions. No matter what your ideal work environment is, medical billing and coding has a place for you.
    Tuition PlansFinancial aid options available
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds accepted
  • Software Development Virtual Academy

SQL, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Front End, CSS
    Software Development bootcamp students will learn full stack programming and coding, database management, responsive design, and web security. Entity Academy Software Development bootcamp is powered by Woz U.
    Financing available through Climb
    Tuition PlansIncome share agreement is available
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply
  • Writer's Collective (Digital Marketing)

OnlinePart Time12 Weeks
    Start Date May 09, 2022
    This is a multi-platform digital marketing program, covering paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Google. Students will also learn in-demand editorial skills, including search engine optimization, writing and editing for digital media, and the fundamentals of graphic design and branding.
    Tuition PlansContingent Payment Plans and loans are available.
    May 09, 2022 - Online
  • Changed my life
    - 4/27/2022
    Rebecca Ofori Yeboah • Data Science And Forecast Analyst • Graduate
    Entity gave me all the skills I needed to be successful at my current role. I transitioned from the social sciences with no programming background. I left with knowledge in SQL,R, Python, Big Data and Tableau. All of which are in-demand skills in the data space right now. Most importantly for me, was the soft skills training and mentorship program they offered which really helped me ace my interviews during my job search. Both my director and manager separately told me recently that, it was those non-technical skills that made me stand out during the hiring process. My life has taken a 360 degree turn financially and on top of that, I get to work remotely!
    I thank you🙏🏿
  • Fanny Martinez • Social Media Strategist at Hearst Newspapers • Graduate
    Deciding to attend ENTITY's Writers Collective program was something I didn't second guess. Before graduating with my undergrad degree, I was a part of the program, and I can say the Writer's Collective helped shape my professional career. I grew immensely as a writer through the different skills we learned each week, such as SEO keyword research & writing, social media packaging, and graphic design. My mentors helped guide me and create a plan for the career I wanted. They also provided great insight into how the life of a writer looked. The program offers essential digital skills for today's workforce, but it also surrounds you with people who make a lasting impact in your life - many of whom I still talk to today. Overall, ENTITY gave me the skills and confidence to dive into my first social media position at a small digital publication and continue my path in the Social Media field.
  • Ellena Kilgallon • Graduate
    I enjoyed my time at ENTITY and learned a great deal about what it meant to be a driven, successful woman in media. I spent months writing, editing, interviewing sources, learning about SEO and how to drive traffic to your website, and how to utilize your social pages to generate engagement and revenue. In the months I spent interning at ENTITY, I both learned a great deal about the world of media, and also met some amazing people whom I greatly look up to and admire. Through ENTITY's alum program, I've been put in contact with and secured a job in the field of technology. This is an amazing program and I highly recommend for anyone interested in the courses offered.
  • Valerie • Student
    This program has been very engaging, supportive, interesting. I haven't had any issues receiving a timely response to a question, and the skills I've gained will help me make the career shift I set out to make. The courses are planned well and allow you to build on the skills you're learning. And there are so many added bonuses to attending, like 1-on-1 meetings with a mentor to discuss difficult concepts, a coach who helps you work on managing stress and balancing your time, and fireside chats with industry professionals, just to name a few. Everyone I've spoken with has been hospitable and polite; it has been a great experience.
  • Sharron Dembele • Student
    As my family circumstances had change I knew I needed to get skilled for me to return to the workforce.  I was contemplating what my second act of my play would look like for me.  I look at several Data Science programs however I kept coming back to Entity Academy.  I’m not sure if it was the webpage that demonstrates (their was NO glass ceiling that couldn’t be shattered.

I got nervous when I seen some of the coursework.  I am not a fan of statistics along with learning coding however I put 💯 into the technical learning.  In return I received a scheduled weekly mentoring appointment to gage how I’m doing.  We had additional soft skill assignments that aligned with the technical part of the program.  In this part you can get reward with your hard work.  The most important part of Entity Academy program that sets it apart from others, is it’s coaching workshops.  They morphed into a community of students supporting each other during these weekly lesson plan.  Thé coaching staff member is also available for 1 on 1 appts.  This was much needed as school, working, family and life challenges arise.  “You got this” and “Learning to say NO without explaining” were recurring theme!

I believe in this program when my daughter graduates she will be signing up for the Software Development program.
  • Data Science
    - 4/26/2022
    Suzanne Thepaut-Hasselback • International Exchanges and Education Coordinator • Applicant
    One of the tools I really appreciated learning during my courses was Trello, because it made sense to me, having a digital version of what I tend to do with sticky notes. At my current job (new since February), I work with my colleague who's 22 and my director who is older than me 🙃  We have many projects going at once, and we need to be able to synchronize our work and know where we are in each project, who's done what, etc. I told them about Trello, and how it could work for us- both of them were enthusiastic, and we've been using it for almost a month, with good success! This morning, my director forwarded us an email from another department in our organization; they heard we're using Trello, and they want us to teach them how it could work for them. I would not have known about Trello, nor how to use it, without having learned it during my Data Science program! 😊
    Also I want to give major credit to Devin M and Sherlin W, both of whom were my constant supporters during my program. I could truly not have made it through without them!
    Many thanks, to the team at Entity, for helping me get to where I am today!
  • Diana Fujimura • Head of Sales & Trade Marketing • Student
    As a vet Marketing exec, I felt I needed to get skilled in data science or analytics in order to take my digital & brand marketing strategies to the next level.  Entity’s Data Science Bootcamp not only has allowed me to upskill, but the unique wraparound services offered have allowed me, a full-time working mom, to excel and get support not only at school, but personally.  I have a community isotherm the other students, a technical mentor, access to industry leaders and constant weekly coaches and staff that no other program offers.  The whole student approach is 2nd to none and I’m looking forward to doing the Data Analytics program next!
    Simple way to put it, they give you all the tools required to learn and grow with no knowledge. The mentors are a huge help and they provide you with plenty of resources for all different kinds of learners to choice their own way to learn.
    Make sure you commit your time wisely. The material is explained well but for someone like me, with no tech experience, it is challenging. You won't be expected to write essays. You will be asked to do some math but it's ok if you aren't the best at it. Attention to detail is EVERYTHING. It will be hard at times but the mentors, extra learning material, and study groups are a tremendous help.
    I found ENTITY Academy when I was looking for ways to gain work experience in writing/journalism. I had just graduated with my degree, but lacked the professional experience needed to get my foot in the door. I was finding that unfortunately, a degree from a well-known journalism school was not enough. ENTITY Academy opened my eyes to tons of new job possibilities in digital content creation, SEO, social media growth, and so much more and they helped me build an impressive portfolio of work samples. Their career coaching was also hugely helpful; we did mock interviews and I was able to get feedback on the kinds of things that I could be doing better to seem more confident in my answers to interview questions. Plus, the mentors in their network are great resources for information and advice and I've kept in touch with a couple of them. The ENTITY team was also there for me when I was on the job hunt and put me in touch with folks in their network that were hiring! Overall, I strongly believe in ENTITY's mission and am so glad I came across them at that exact moment in my life.
  • N/A
    - 10/27/2021
    Entity Academy is the perfect launchpad for women looking to upskill or change careers. I had no idea of the opportunities that were available to me as a data scientist, especially as someone transitioning from a writing background. The program truly helps you build skills from the ground up. Plus, the amount of support I received from the technical mentors and student success team was unparalleled. It's definitely a long commitment, but I had resources to ensure my success every step of the way. I was also invited to regular "fireside chats" with industry leaders I never thought I'd meet – think: NASA, Disney, Microsoft, Chipotle. I started building my network long before graduation. I'm also proud of the portfolio of work I've built and am using that to get in front of employers. Suffice to say, it was well worth the investment.