entity-academy-logo

ENTITY Academy

ENTITY Academy

ENTITY Academy offers virtual bootcamps specifically for women with programs in Data Science (33 weeks), Software Development (33 weeks), Web Development (24 weeks), UX/UI (36 weeks) and Data Analytics (24 weeks). ENTITY's mission is to close the skills, confidence, and wage gap that impacts women in tech fields.

No prior experience is necessary to apply for any ENTITY Academy bootcamp.

ENTITY Academy bootcamp students will receive career services, including resume assistance, interview preparation, and portfolio development. Students will also receive soft skills training and personalized mentorship.

ENTITY Academy students have several tuition payment options, including an Income Share Agreement, low interest loans through Climb credit, or a payment plan. Scholarships may also be available for select bootcamps.

Recent ENTITY Academy Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (118) reviews for ENTITY Academy →

Recent ENTITY Academy News

• Cybersecurity Virtual Academy

Network Security, Python
    As the world becomes more tech-focused and information migrates to the web or cloud services, companies need professionals who can monitor for risk and fraud. Government organizations, corporations, banks, and even the everyday person, need protection from hackers and data breaches. However, like many areas of the tech industry, cybersecurity is suffering from a skills gap. This is why ENTITY has launched The Cybersecurity Virtual Academy, powered by Woz U, to give you valuable hard skills to land a job in cybersecurity. ​ Our preferred provider for this course, Woz U, can help you acquire the skills needed to land entry-level positions in cybersecurity, even if you don't have any prior experience. Plus, through ENTITY Academy, you will receive soft skills training, mentorship, and invitations for you to connect with your peers and industry leaders in our Mentor Network.
    Tuition PlansPrivate funding, deferred repayment, and additional payment options available
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds accepted
  • Data Science Virtual Academy

R, Python, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Science
    Data Science bootcamp students will learn statistical programming with R, programming fundamentals with Python, data wrangling and visualization, machine learning and modeling, and business analytics training. Entity Academy Data Science bootcamp is powered by Woz U.
    Financing is available through Climb Credit.
    Tuition PlansIncome share agreement is available.
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply
  • Medical Billing and Coding Virtual Academy

Medical billing and coding is a great career for those interested in the medical field but don't want to spend years in higher education. Their work is vital to ensure costs are being kept down, medical mistakes are minimized, and patients' medical histories are properly organized and saved. It has become a sought-after job in the healthcare industry due to its numerous benefits such as being able to complete training in as little as a year, career advancement opportunities, and in some cases, the ability to work from home. ​ The opportunities in this field are everywhere. You could work at a clinician's office or hospital, in an office for an insurance company, and some agencies are even hiring billing technicians for remote positions. No matter what your ideal work environment is, medical billing and coding has a place for you.
    Tuition PlansFinancial aid options available
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds accepted
  • Software Development Virtual Academy

SQL, jQuery, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Front End, CSS
    Software Development bootcamp students will learn full stack programming and coding, database management, responsive design, and web security. Entity Academy Software Development bootcamp is powered by Woz U.
    Financing available through Climb
    Tuition PlansIncome share agreement is available
    ScholarshipScholarships may be available
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience required to apply
  • Writer's Collective (Digital Marketing)

OnlinePart Time12 Weeks
    Start Date May 09, 2022
    This is a multi-platform digital marketing program, covering paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Google. Students will also learn in-demand editorial skills, including search engine optimization, writing and editing for digital media, and the fundamentals of graphic design and branding.
    Tuition PlansContingent Payment Plans and loans are available.
    May 09, 2022 - Online
  • A Dream Come True
    - 6/20/2022
    Erin Motter   User Photo
    Erin Motter • Product Management • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Joining the Writer's Collecitve+ Data Science Team at Entity Academy and using the Google Classroom forum has been the next best thing to being there live and in person. This program is changing my life! There is genuine quality and professionalism felt between the student and the Mentors, but one that never overshadows the inherent undertone of, "I was there." You can almost feel the cradled whispers of care that ring, "Hold fast, strong Woman, I was in your shoes once as well."

I am forty-two years old, so you could say I have been around the block, maybe twice. This is one of the finest groups of Women one could choose to work under, collaborate with, entrust in and trust for a better future. It would have been a grave mistake to have chosen not to. Thank you.
  • Renee Goeglein  User Photo
    Renee Goeglein • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm finishing up my 8th week and my 3rd module.  I have enjoyed this experience so far; because it has made me reach deep into my heart and helped me realize that anything is possible if you want it bad enough.  I can have a better future with their help and that is what I am reaching for.
  • Trish Crow  User Photo
    Trish Crow • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am enjoying this course! Google Classroom is utilized regularly and I see it as part of the course, rather than an extension of the course. There is so much helpful information in the Classroom, apart from the system where the main instruction is. In GC, we (students) interact to prompts and from those we can see how our colleagues are doing, areas they are excelling and also where there is room for opportunity. This helps me see that I am not alone and many times the same questions I have, someone else has as well. This is also where I see not just instruction, but other offerings from ENTITY, and is also where I gain much encouragement.
  • Great School!
    - 6/19/2022
    Michelle Maier  User Photo
    Michelle Maier • Student Verified via GitHub
    I'm currently in week 14 of 33 of the data analysis course. This course is a little challenging, but I have access to so much help and mentors, I feel comfortable enough to continue. For those who haven't been in school for a while or feel hesitant to continue school, I definitely recommend this course!
  • Seyla Cortes  User Photo
    Seyla Cortes • Customer Representative • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Entity Academy is one of the best opportunities for women seeking jobs that are innovative, analytical, and provide financial security. I am a newly single mother with a bachelor's in healthcare administration and Entity not only provides me support academically but as a single mother. There is a community of classmates, mentors, graduates, and people in the field that are supporting you. You are not alone you have a guiding you to meet your goals, understand the material and apply it to work experince. Entity Academy is one of the best online programs anyone can enroll in.
  • Data Science
    - 5/2/2022
    Tami Bongolan  User Photo
    Tami Bongolan • Verified via LinkedIn
    Grèat Experience! Mentors are there to help students succeed.   Final Group Project helped bring all of what we learned and gave us practical work experience.
  • La-Vie Borde  User Photo
    La-Vie Borde • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I highly recommend Entity's Data Science certification. I was scrolling FaceBook and saw an ad for Data Science studies and women were featured in the ad. I clicked on it to learn more and watched some video testimonials. I filled in the form and someone from the Entity admissions staff called me within 30 mins. Wow. I was just looking for a way to re-enter the workforce after being an at home mom for 13 years and as a newly divorced, single mother of 3. Then I found out the classes were starting in a week and a half! I was like whoa I was just fact finding here. But before you know it I was enrolled and taking advantage of the income share option. The option allowed me to go to school now and pay for it once I hold down a job making at least $40,000 per year. Otherwise I would not have been able to study Data Science. The staff believed in me, believed in my life story and granted me the best gift of all -- a chance to thrive. They assigned me a mentor and she was there to meet with me weekly, offer help when I needed it, support when I needed it and that extra push at times. The online curriculum was easy to follow and included codes that I could copy/paste and modify. It kept my interest because there were short videos, text, exercises and quizzes to keep me engaged. Although I was able to go at my own pace generally, assignments were due on Wednesdays and Fridays. I studies humanities in college and it has been 25 years since I graduated. I had never done online learning or studied statistics. Math was my worst subject. At Entity I was able to actually learn basic and advanced statistical analysis. That in itself is a miracle. Furthermore I was able to learn the basics of coding in R, SQL, NoSQL and Python where I executed the statistical testing. The best part of the curriculum is that it walks you through step by step with lots of examples, Vimeo videos and opportunities to practice. If something doesn't resonate there are mentors online almost every day of the year to help you along.  There are extracurricular options as well. For example, fireside chats on Zoom with industry professionals who share real work life experiences as a Data Scientist. Soft skills training such as how to stop negative self talk and how to deal with stress were offered every week. I loved the focus on bringing more women into the field of Information Technology. I also loved the opportunity to have a mentor specifically for my job search. The only things that I could mention as ways for Entity to improve are making the big data curriculum more available to everyone. I was one of many that could not download the required programs to deal with big data. The alternatives offered were not as engaging as the regular lessons would have been. Broken links to supplemental files were also an issue.  Often I would be going through the lesson and not able to access the links. More support for Mac users would be pivotal. The curriculum is geared toward PC users. Sometimes programs needed to be installed and the Mac directions were not clear. There were times it took me quite a while to troubleshoot issues I was having just because I was on a Mac. Besides those things, the experience was golden.
  • Marcy M  User Photo
    Marcy M • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I can’t tell you how many programs I researched before choosing Entity.  A dozen? Paid programs, free ones – I’m smart. I’m motivated. Maybe I could take those and teach myself.  But where to start?  I’ve never enrolled in an online program; is it legitimate? Will it be sufficient to teach me in the absence of in-person learning? How’s their job placement program? Will my investment pay off?

I had two full careers: as a journalist and a chef. But as I get older, I formed the goal of being able to work remotely, from anywhere. A good salary is a plus, as well.  I’m good with languages, and I had a lightbulb moment that I wish I’d had years earlier: coding is nothing more than writing in another language. I can do both of those things.

Last summer, I found Entity. I called and the first person I spoke with was Richard Rizzo.  When I tell you I asked him dozens of questions over several phone calls, I’m not exaggerating. He was so patient, and moreover, he had a good answer for every question I asked. He even asked Angelica Pronto, Entity Academy director to call me. And she did!  Who else would do that?

In the end, I was sold. I believe in their stated goal to get more women into tech.  The support from mentors was key – I met with Devin Moya weekly and every time we spoke, he’d explain concepts from the course, and he’d teach me extra.  Instructor Joseph Raetano is developing leading-edge course content. Technology changes almost daily, and Joseph makes sure the mentors under him continue learning tools and concepts to pass on to students. There’s every skill level of student in the program, from phenoms to entry-level-haven’t-taken-math-since-high-school students.  Mentors assist them all in learning the content.  We learn SQL, Python, R, Tableau using a variety of programs – all of which are golden words to have on a resume! Natural language processing, machine learning, regression, and data visualization – all of these are skills you’ll gain.

I really can recommend this program; and in fact, have already to some of my friends. A couple women have even reached out on LinkedIn and I’ve gladly answered questions about Entity. From all I’ve seen, they really are trying to give women (and men) a quality education and a good start to entering the tech field. I’m happy to answer any other questions, if you want to reach out on Linked In.  Full disclosure: after graduating, I accepted a position as a mentor with Entity.  I want to be part of what they’re doing!

• Tanaka Gillett  User Photo
    Tanaka Gillett • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I learned so much new material going here. I am glad I chose to go here because it helped me make my promotion goals.
  • Data Science
    - 4/29/2022
    Natalie Bahr  User Photo
    Natalie Bahr • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    About six months ago, I found a social media ad for ENTITY Academy’s virtual bootcamps. The ad stuck out to me because of the focus on empowering women to succeed in tech fields. More recently, I’ve been looking for a career change, one that uses my mathematical skills. I set up a call with an admissions counselor a few weeks ago and enrolled on the spot! Everyone I’ve talked to has encouraged me and has answered all my questions in a timely manner. In addition, I was paired with a technical mentor who has been incredibly responsive and gives me guidance in my coursework.

What has really stood out to me thus far is the way ENTITY Academy partners with WozU to give us training in both hard and soft skills, offering mentorship from a trained life coach. They are preparing us for a career, not just giving us technical skills. I have been very impressed with my experience thus far.
  • Delfrieda  User Photo
    Delfrieda • Student Verified via GitHub
    Before I choose ENTITY Academy, I researched a lot of bootcamps (I started researching in May and started ENTITY in July). I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do Data Science, UX Design, Full Stack Developer or QA but I kept going back to Data Science. All the bootcamps I requested more information from seem like I was just a number or they just wanted me to sign up before giving me any information. ENTITY Academy allowed me to ask questions and gave me time to think about it.

The courses were not easy plus I haven’t been in school in over 15 years, but there was always someone there to help whether it was a mentors, instructors, and/or classmates to reach out to for help. Also the coaches for ENTITY Academy were very helpful with the soft skills. I've learned a lot in a short period of time. Over all great experience.

• Game Changer
    - 4/29/2022
    Evelyn Murcia  User Photo
    Evelyn Murcia • Student Verified via GitHub
    I found Entity Academy through an ad on social media that caught my eye with its mission to create and develop a space for women in a male-dominated field. As a young mother who is trying to figure out what I want to do and accomplish in life, I took the opportunity to enroll and learn as much as I can to help me get started in this career field. Right from the enrollment, I was encouraged and reminded that I can do this and that they were here to help me get to where I wanted to be. They worked with me to make sure I had all I needed by giving recommendations on supplies and working with me to find the best payment plan that wouldn't put me in a vulnerable position. In addition to the learning curriculum, they consistently hold fireside chats with some remarkable people in the industry to help students hear more about the field and make connections with potential networks. There are also coaching sessions that focus on one's professional and personal growth that gives space to learn and connect with other students going through the program. Learning the hard skills on WozU is all self-paced which I definitely struggled with at first and still do to a degree but with the assistance of a mentor at Entity Academy, she helped me manage my time better and gave suggestions and tips to use. I've been able to work on that skill and utilize it in both school and life. There's plenty more work to do but for now, I feel very grateful to have the support and assistance of my mentors.