digital-career-institute-logo

Digital Career Institute

Berlin, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Leipzig

Digital Career Institute

Digital Career Institute (DCI) is a 12-month long coding bootcamp based in Germany with campuses in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg and Leipzig. The courses are fully immersive and cover entry-level basics in stack HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. DCI also specialize in technologies like Angular, Node.js, and Databases. DCI was launched as an initiative to integrate refugees into the growing IT industry. Today it is committed to training anyone who wants to pursue a tech career. In addition to coding languages, students will master best practices on platforms like GitHub. They will learn agile project management and development methodologies like SCRUM.

DCI is intended to help untrained individuals attain digital jobs, and so the application process assumes that candidates have no prior coding experience. The DCI application process begins by filling out an online form. Candidates will then be contacted by education consultants from DCI to discuss further details.

Job placement training is woven into DCI’s program. Career workshops help students prepare an industry-specific resume, create an online presence, and learn techniques that will make them more attractive to potential employers. DCI also sets each graduate up with a 2-month internship in the tech field.

The 12-month course focuses on self-paced learning, project work, and teacher lead discussions and lessons. In addition to standard courses, however, students will also attend specialized sessions led by DCI alumni and top professionals who offer tips to advancing in the field. Students will also partner with a buddy who they’ll meet with at least once a week. Aligned with Digital Career Institute's core belief in helping improve opportunities for refugees, they also provide German and English language courses lead by expert instructors.

Recent Digital Career Institute Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (9) reviews for Digital Career Institute →

Recent Digital Career Institute News

• Online Marketing Course

LocationHamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf
      In our Online Marketing course you will learn how to increase and optimise your (company's) digital presence, in order to target new and past users. The curriculum includes SEM, SEO, Email Marketing, Display Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, PR, Google Analytics with certificate, InDesign, Social Media Marketing and language courses (German or English). You will also get to attend specialised sessions from industry professionals and DCI alumni and go on various company tours.
      This course can be 100% financed via Jobcenter or Federal employment Agency. For anyone who is not registered, they can also join the course as self payers.
    • Orientation Course

HTML, Digital Marketing, JavaScript, CSS
      LocationHamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Leipzig
      Take 4 weeks and find out which digital job suits you best. This course will prepare you for specialised training and ultimately a job in the digital industry. You will learn the basics of web development and online marketing, participate in team and job application workshops and visit local tech companies while building first connections with potential employers.
    • System Administration Course

LocationBerlin
      In our Sys Admin course you will learn the fundamentals of IT like Communication Technology, Hardware, Software and Basic Infrastructure. You will also learn about Operating Systems, Scripting, Computer Engineering, Troubleshooting, Networking, Cloud Computing and IT Security. Students can do an internship, language courses (German or English), attend specialised sessions from industry professionals and DCI alumni and go on various company tours.
    • Web Development Course

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, MVC, Agile
      LocationHamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Leipzig
      Our Web Development course trains you in programming skills that are in high demand on the job market. The curriculum includes HTML, CSS, SCSS, SASS, JavaScript, Node.js, jQuery, React, MongoDB, SQL, Software Testing, Software Deployment, Project Management as well as coaching for your job application and language courses (German or English) for programmers. You will also get to attend specialised sessions from industry professionals and DCI alumni and go on various company tours.
    • Best decision
      - 5/15/2020
      Antonia  User Photo
      Antonia • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      For a long time I was really unhappy with the retail job I had. So I finally decided to step out of my comfort zone and do something completely new, learn how to code. I participated in the Web Development course of DCI in Berlin and finally found my true passion. Now I wake up every day and I am excited about what I do, which is the best feeling. I am so happy I made the decision to join DCI. The classes were challenging at times but I felt well supported by the instructors and the great community of students.
    • Great community
      - 5/14/2020
      Daniel  User Photo
      Daniel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I came to DCI having no clue about coding but was eager to learn and take on new challenges on my career path. I felt really lucky at the time because I finally found a WebDev program in English and fully funded by the German Employment Agency. DCI staff and especially teachers did work really hard to provide us not only an up-to-date and intensive curriculum but also a community of people who are willing to learn and to help each other. There were now and then some shortcomings with the schedule but I really appreciated the fact that the staff always put our priorities first and tried to solve any problem almost immediately. Due to the sudden change in my career, I wasn't familiar with the tech industry and struggled a bit building up my own network of developers and recruiters. However, right before my graduation,  I already got an internship from the company pool of DCI, which was followed by a full-time job.
    • Joseph   User Photo
      Joseph • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Losing my previous job, I was done with the industry and really frustrated. Once I started my course at DCI, everything changed for the positive for me. I got really enthusiastic because of the support and because I could see from the beginning the value of their course. Their curriculum is extremely well put together, especially the Organic Social Media Marketing and Paid Social Media Marketing is very helpful for my current job. With the help of the DCI-Team I was able to land a job right after my course. It really changed my career.
    • DCI Review
      - 6/17/2020
      Najeeb Al-Selwi • Student
      DCI Digital Career Institute is a great place that you can learn an improve your digital skills.
    • Lena
      I'm very happy that I made the decision to start a course with the DCI. We are learning everything to start our new career in Web Development. The Teacher are very good trained and always helpful. The Düsseldorf Campus has a nice atmosphere with really nice classrooms  and break rooms to connect to other students. We already had a lot of company tours to have a deeper look on the job as a web developer and to connect to potential employer. Thank you DCI for the chance to start my career new!
    • Anna Markosyan • Student
       I am very happy with my decision. After a long search, I am happily studying Online Marketing at Digital Career Institute to inbound my previous PR&Sales experience for getting ready for a coming new digitalized world in a short term. I like a lot the friendly and warm atmosphere among the administration, teachers and fellow students.  Due to COVID-19 we study all from home. Hopefully, soon we can again network, get mentorship and practical tips at the campus.
    • Tobias • Junior Online Marketing Manager • Student
      I am thankful to DCI for teaching me the digital skills to become an expert in Online marketing. The course is as per the industry standards with live projects and challenging projects to train someone to be job ready by the end of the course. The career support is amazing with paid internships and a great entry level job opportunity. The teachers, management, career support team are very friendly and available all the time for every student to help boost our career.
    • Gilberto • Creative Guy
      When moving from Italy to Germany I had problems in finding a job which fit to my education. After several years working in restaurant service I decided to do something different. I was looking for jobs with a future prospect and decided to learn something in the digital field. After looking in the internet and comparing different schools and bootcamps I decided that Digital Career Institute offers the best education for me due to the fact, that they offer full time training and intensive one year courses. When starting at DCI I even found out, that they offer additional programs to learn how to apply for jobs and help us build a own network. We receive free tickets to exhibitions and hiring events. Very cool. Our campus in Düsseldorf has 2 kitchens and ping pong table. We are a very international community of every age and nationality.

• mona • web developer • Graduate

Started there as a non developer and enrolled first in the one month orientation course and qualified to the year course web development. I really liked the international atmosphere and learning speed from 0 to 100.

In between it was really hard, e.g. Javascript. But I made it and now got a job with DCI. Thank you!