developme_-logo

DevelopMe_

Bristol

DevelopMe_

DevelopMe_ offers full-time, 12-week Web Developer Bootcamps, part-time 10-week UX Design Bootcamps, and part-time, 6-week Front End Web Development courses in Bristol, UK. DevelopMe_ was established with a social mission to create inclusive opportunities and give everyone in society access to the digital economy. Courses are taught by industry experts and are project driven and challenge based. In the DevelopMe_ Web Developer Bootcamp (Coding Fellowship) students learn HTML5, CSS3, Sass, JavaScript, React, Redux, React native, Gulp, Git, Vagrant, APIs, PHP, WordPress and the Laravel framework. The UX Design Bootcamp teaches the key skills required to research, define, design, and develop digital services and products based on user-centered design principles. Students learn how to approach problems creatively to design the next generation of apps, websites, and digital products.

Applicants are required to submit an online application, attend an introductory workshop, participate in an interview, and complete pre-course material, before being admitted to a bootcamp.

DevelopMe_ provides CV and interview coaching, networking opportunities with employers, industry mentoring, and ongoing career support, as well as multiple internship opportunities with partner companies to kick-start a new career in tech. Students will learn the tools, technologies, and skills needed to start a career as a Full Stack Web Developer or UX Designer through this talent and digital skills accelerator.

Recent DevelopMe_ Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (39) reviews for DevelopMe_ →

Recent DevelopMe_ News

• Coding Fellowship

Cost£7,995
    LocationBristol
    A full-time immersive 12-week web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, Sass, Gulp, JavaScript, React, Redux, React Native, PHP and the Laravel framework. Classes are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm.
    Deposit£500
    ScholarshipWe have a Code It Forward initiative for the Fellowship where we offer 2 places per cohort on the learn now, pay later salary sacrifice with 0% interest.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in coding. i.e. having worked through some online resources, started teaching themselves to code and attended tech events.
    Prep Work50 hours + of coding exercises, reading and tutorials
  • Part-time Front-end

HTML, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Cost£1,500
    LocationBristol
    A part-time (6 evenings, 2 full Saturdays) course teaching the fundamentals of modern front-end web development. Learn how to code mobile-friendly, responsive websites from scratch, using HTML5 and CSS3 and the latest web development practices from industry experts.
    Deposit£500
    ScholarshipThe 'Opportunity Fund' within Develop Me occasionally allows for £500, £1000 reduction in fees and sometimes we make a full fee reduction available. Our Opportunity fund come from donations from our Hiring Partner and a % of fees we put in ourselves.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in coding. I.e. having worked through some online resources, started teaching themselves to code and attended tech events.
  • User Experience Design [Part-time]

Cost£2,450
    LocationBristol
    Our part-time User Experience Design (UXD) course will teach you all the key skills required to research, define, design and develop digital services based upon user-centred design principles. The programme’s industry informed curriculum will teach you how to approach problems creatively in order to design the next generation of great apps, websites, and digital products whilst preparing you to pursue opportunities to work as a User Experience Designer. Course overview: 10 week part-time curriculum Thursday evenings + 2 full Saturdays Additional homework & project work Content ratio 30% theory > 70% practical Classroom based with expert instructors Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centred Design and learn to validate ideas by looping through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping, User Testing and Iteration. You will also be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes whilst working on a real ‘live’ client brief. Alongside this practical application of learned skills and techniques – you will be able to demonstrate your ability to successfully manage a project from concept to launch; combining commercially sought after skill-sets – through the application of research, design and technical development. Students will finish the course competent in: Research & Analysis methods Understanding of UX best practice UX processes – Research & analysis methods User/Human-centred design processes Information architecture Creative software tools Visual design principles User Interface (UI) components & design patterns Wireframing, low-fidelity mockups & rapid prototyping Identifying front-end web technologies (Note: This course is not a web development course) Project management, workflow & handover processes Usability testing & validation
    Deposit£500

Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in design, technology or related fields
  • UX Fundamentals Workshop

Cost£600
    LocationBristol
    Course Overview Design is the name we give to the task of creating something useful and beautiful. It relies on a multi-disciplinary approach that includes: user research and testing; interface design & brand. Design for digital – ‘Useful, Beautiful, Digital’. Day 1: Research & discovery Intro Business & brand User research methods Communicating the User Experience Day 2: Design & testing Intro Concept & prototyping Graphic design & interaction design Testing designs Instructors Jointly run by digital designer Matt French and UX consultant Stuart Church. They have worked together for over a decade for clients including Sky, The NHS, The office for National Statistics and Bristol University. Matt French specialises in graphic and interaction design, and is Head of Design at the award winning agency 3Sixty. Stuart Church is a UX consultant specialising in UX research & design prototyping and is a founder of The Bristol Usability Group and UX Bristol Conference. With these complimentary skillsets, their aim is provide a course that demonstrates a holistic approach to User Experience design. Workshop Curriculum Day 1 – Research & discovery Introduction to User Experience We explore the foundations of User Experience. It’s history, terminology and some of the key concepts that frame how we approach design problems. We also discuss the use (and mis-use) of different design processes from waterfall to agile. Business & brand We explore what success means and how we capture an ‘experience vision’ for how the design should benefit customers and users. Often a political process, it involves research and exploration of internal business goals and strategies, and aligning these views towards a common design goal. User research techniques Capturing requirements is vital for establishing a clear vision for the design of a website or application. However, knowing when to do research and what types of methods to use can be a minefield. In this session, we explore practical methods for gaining insights into user goals, attitudes and behaviours. These include online surveys, web analytics and contextual research. Communicating UX The translation of research findings into actionable insights is one of the great challenges of design. In this session, we explore the importance of communication and collaboration, and consider different methods and techniques for effectively communicating research insights (e.g. personas, task models, user journeys) Day 2 – Design & testing Intro Why design & test? Internet, web standards, mobile web 1st, apps. Interaction design: utility & beauty Design principles Brand archetypes The brief Concept & Prototyping High level workflow: (Brief to HTML templates). Familiarisation with key tools such as UX Pin and InVision Review UX research (activity) Sketch user journey(s) (activity) Prototyping & testing (activity) Art direction & Style tiles (activity) Type specs & grids. Designing for personas. Writing content for the web. Interaction design / animation Graphic & Interaction design Trends in design. (Material design) Modular design (components). HTML style guide Responsive design. Hierarchy & visual tension. Type on the web. Buttons, links & CTA’s Forms & validation Testing What to measure? Planning & recruitment Moderated testing Remote moderated testing Unmoderated testing AB & MV testing Satisfactions metrics Semantic differentials Eyetracking
    Refund / Guarantee14 Day Cooling Off Period From Purchase

• Vikki Brooke • Web Developer • Graduate

The Coding Fellowship was overall challenging, rewarding and incredibly fun. It gave us a broad range of skills that were invaluable for a future in web development.
    The course was very well structured and continually updated so that we learnt the most relevant content for going into industry. The modules were one to two weeks each and were taught by very experienced professionals, all of whom were amazingly knowledgeable and always willing to explain anything. The class was small which was a good environment to learn in and as well as the instructor there was always a teaching assistant available to help. It's very apparent that the whole course was very well thought-out as we had weekly quizzes,  feedback reviews and  assigned a mentor who was always willing to meet up and give any advice.
    At the end of the course, I was lined up with 6 interviews with a range of really interesting tech companies. This was an intense couple of weeks but we continued to get support from Oli and Pete, by means of interview practice and any additional support needed before and after the interviews.
    I am now coming into my 3rd week at my internship, and am incredibly fortunate to be in a great company. I could honestly say that everyone working at DevelopMe has been invaluable in helping me to get here.

• Coding Fellowship
    - 5/10/2019
    Tat Wa Lay  User Photo
    Tat Wa Lay • Developer at gosoto.co • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Short review

Course is great, got a job after the course.

The long detailed review

My journey started in November 2018. I was working as a web administrator in a cold car body shop. Administering their website, doing thankless tasks and listening to the boss constantly shouting and swearing at the workers. I came across Develop Me through a google search and attended their open evening. They had beer, pizza and we were shown how to make a basic contact form in PHP with some HTML and bootstrap.

I have a Computer Science degree and have attempted the self taught route. I can honestly say that I learned more in 12 weeks at Develop Me than I did in my 5 years of my further and higher education. There are some things on the degree program that aren’t taught on the boot camp such as Photoshop (in detail) and Computer and Law theory but I’m sure you’ll learn this as and when. What my degree didn’t teach me was how to be a proficient developer. My typical Web Programming lecture at Uni would consist of an oversized class with one lecturer speaking to you, as if you should know better. If you didn’t know something, you would get a sarcastic answer and get told to go away and look it up.

With Develop Me, there were 9 students, 1 instructor and 1 (sometimes 2) teaching assistants to assist you. There were always some detailed slides to refer too, lots of correct documentation recommended by the instructor and at least 2 knowledgeable people at hand should you need things explained in detail.

During the course, you will feel lots of different emotions, frustration, anxiety, uncertainty and some will experience stress. To experience these emotions alone on a self taught route would certainly make you want to give up being a developer. Which was why I failed on the self taught route.  Most of my fellow students were very supportive and we would have a one to one with the founders every Friday to check in and give any constructive feedback. There was a very positive energy on the course with everybody wanting to learn and grow while everybody kept emotionally aware of each other’s frustrations.

Develop Me provides a table tennis table which for me really helped as it allowed me to bond with my fellow cohorts.

There’s also unlimited coffee and a run biscuits every week. I had many great moments talking to fellow cohorts over coffee about my problem and then finding the solution for myself. A term referred to as rubber ducking.

The technology taught on the course was very relevant. I won’t list them all as they can change in a flash, so it’s best to visit their website. I came onto the course believing that I knew HTML, CSS and PHP which was one of my biggest mistakes. Going onto a course believing you already know it all.  The first week, the instructor, Ruth Johns blew my tiny little mind of how much there was to HTML and CSS. Lots of things they just don’t teach you on a degree program.

I will openly admit that I struggled half way through the course and didn’t go on to complete the React Native path. But instead, revisited Javascript, Wordpress + PHP again which was suggested by the course leaders. At the time, it was harsh news to hear but the end result really paid off. I’m no working as a Wordpress Developer at a highly established agency working with technologies I really enjoy. Please not that Wordpress is not just editing an existing theme but writing your own theme that requires an understanding of the loop written in PHP.

As for the venue, there’s a very creative energy about Paintworks, lots of great companies that pay a premium to be there and lots of potential hiring partners. I was eventually hired by an agency situated just 4 doors away. As for the Friday night beer? There’s a bar just a up some steps that serve great beer and pizza. Parking was free on the road and a bike rack directly outside. Also to add that you’re just a 10 minute walk away from Temple Meads.  These things are all essential to know if you’re going to be there for 12 weeks.

As for funding the £8k fee, having rich parents in this situation always helps, but if you’re someone like me who had little savings in the bank, I managed to get a career development loan which, at the time of writing, the program has stopped now but there are other loan companies out there. You’ll need to check for the best interest rates and ensure you have enough funds to survive for 4 months and not 3.

After the course finished, the work didn’t stop there. We were given a technical challenge to complete that we would present to potential employers. At first it was a blind panic but breaking down the task, it was challengingly enjoyable. Everything we had learned on the course, we were able to put into practice.

So after 12 weeks of intensive learning and 12 grey hairs later, I’m here at my desk in a web development agency developing themes and plugins, working with amazing people and patting the office dog during times of coding frustration.

I can confirm that everybody on the course got employed and most of my fellow cohort got offered a junior salary between £21,000 - £23,000. Some companies offering between £16,000 to £20,000 depending on experience. I have been added to the Develop Me Alumini where I’m notified of future upcoming hack nights and events relating to relevant topics.

So there you go, a long detailed review that I hope will confirm the credibility of this course.

A giant thank you to Pete, Oli (co founders) Mark Wales (amazing instructor) Ruth, Jack, George, Chris.

The experience was amazing.

• Greg  User Photo
    Greg • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I joined the course with around 10 months of prior experience self teaching in my spare time which gave me a great foundation to make the most of this course. At no point did I feel like the content I was studying was a waste of time because I had already got to grips with it, which was an initial concern.

All of the tutors were experts in their speciality and I felt supported and challenged throughout. I also feel the curriculum was suited to the state of the industry at time of writing, and gave me a great understanding of technologies such as React and Redux which I have continued to build on to this day.

I highly recommend preparing as much as you can before you start, otherwise you may find some weeks incredibly challenging, I felt I had a reasonable understanding of Javascript before I started, due to my prior studying but I still found the JS weeks to be incredibly challenging.

I was provided with ample oppertunites upon completion of the course for employment, though it did take me around 2 months to secure employment. However, in this time DevelopMe_ were in contact to make sure the search was going well.

Highly recommend the course for anyone looking to career transition, and you can leave feeling confident you have a solid grounding in the core technologies required to begin your journey as a web / software developer.

• Ricky Mason  User Photo
    Ricky Mason • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was part of the Summer 2018 Full Stack Web Dev Bootcamp and really enjoyed the experience. I wasn't sure I'd be able to re-train at this stage in my life (being ancient at the age of 31) but the trainers were very patient and the course really well structured. It was challenging, of course, but I got through it and learnt this entire new skill set in a crazy short amount of time. There was lots of support available throughout the course and probably just as much support now having finished the course months ago. Timing was unfortunate for work placements as there weren't many companies hiring when we graduated but it didn't matter, I was still able to find a job within about 4-5 weeks of completing the course (and the first 2.5 weeks of that I wasn't looking or applying as I was getting strung along by one of the work placement companies lol). Pete was also really good at keeping me up to date with tons of oppurtunities/vacancies around Bristol and Bath. I've now since left my first junior web dev role and am getting ready to start my second, with a better company with better prospects... all within a few months of graduating from my Developme_ Bootcamp. If this is what you want to do with your life and you're thinking about signing up, just do it. I was apprechensive and a little terrified about investing so much money in myself but you only live once and if you're willing to put in just a little work and effort you can litterally change your life in as little as 12 weeks.

• Kate Howard  User Photo
    Kate Howard • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I would recommend the DevelopMe bootcamp to anyone who is committed to becoming a web developer, and willing to put in a lot of hard work, keep asking questions and really make the most of all the support available here. The course is very intense, even if you have been through all or most of the preparation materials, but it is a brilliant, well-structured way of learning vital skills, and ultimately getting started in the industry.

The syllabus is regularly updated with new technologies based on current trends, and we were taught for 1-2 weeks at a time by a professional developer specialising in a particular area like React Native or GitHub. There is a lot of support available - instructors and teaching assistants are always on hand to answer questions and point you in the right direction. We worked on coding challenges individually, as well as projects in twos or threes, which I found very useful as it involved justifying everything you were doing to your team and thinking more about how the whole project worked. Every Friday we would have a one-to-one chat for five minutes, which was a chance to talk about anything you were struggling with, particularly enjoyed, or felt could be improved about the course.

After the 12 weeks of teaching we were set a week-long challenge which would be sent out to prospective employers, which was lots of fun to work on once I got into it. Then DevelopMe organised interviews for each of us with interesting tech companies around Bristol. I spoke to five companies, and was getting quite nervous that no one would ever hire me, but Pete was always checking how things had gone and looking into other opportunities, and in the end I got a great job as a Front End Developer/Quality Assurance Tester.

During my time on the course I also had a job in the evening...which just about worked out, but I'd recommend avoiding if you can! Ideally you want to be immersed in development, getting into a good routine with enough rest so that you're prepared to learn, and keeping some time free to go to things like hack nights and talks with your coursemates. If this sounds like a commitment you're happy to make, then go for it!

• I loved it!
    - 5/22/2018
    Ellie   User Photo
    Ellie • Trainee Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I absolutely loved the Develop Me 12 week bootcamp and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a career as a web developer.

The course was definitely intense (and there were times where my brain felt like it was melting!), but it's such an achievement to learn as much as you do in 12 weeks. I would never have dreamed that I could go from knowing virtually nothing about coding to getting a job as a junior developer the week after the course finished!

I loved having different teachers for each part of the course - this gave us a variety of teaching techniques and exposed us to different insights into the industry. All the teachers were amazing, really passionate about teaching, and created a supportive environment in which to ask questions. Having a teaching assistant as well as the teacher is amazing - Pete was always on hand to help out with all excerises. We were also paired up with mentors in the industry - I got on really well with my mentor and met up for coffee every few weeks. This really helped me gain a better understanding of work as a developer and the industry as a whole.

Learning how to use git was really helpful in my interviews and prepared us well for our placements after the course. Pair programming and working together as a group was always really fun - you learn so much coding with someone else, like developing the ability to talk through your code.

The course had such a friendly atmosphere with Pete and Oli really caring about us as individuals. Our group became really close over the 3 months, and it was great to be able to work together with such a motivated group of people.

I've been working as a junior developer with Ecotricity for 3 months now and absolutely love it. One of the best things about the course is the help that Pete gave us to get a job upon graduating - from setting up the interviews to helping us with mock interviews.

In summary - it's really intense but completely worth it!

• Kim Williams  User Photo
    Kim Williams • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have just completed the DevelopMe web development bootcamp and I can definitely say it has been one of the most fulfilling 12 weeks of my life.  I didn’t know what to expect coming into the course; I thought perhaps we would become proficient enough to build a one page website but little did I know that we would be working with all the best tools a web developer could have to build fully functioning, multi-paged websites and apps.  Not only did we learn solid industry standards of HTML, CSS, and Javascript front-end development we also learned PHP and worked with content management systems to incorporate both front-end and back-end aspects of web development.  We went on to creating apps and mobile apps with React, Redux, React Native, and Laravel.  We were expected to work like a web developer would at a company so we got comfortable with pushing our work up to Github and pair programming.

My favorite thing about the program was the instructors and teaching assistants.  We had a different instructor for the topics based on the instructor’s expertise and it was very obvious to me that DevelopMe had very high standards for their instructors.   As a beginner coming from a completely unrelated field (hospitality) I was afraid that I would not understand the concepts but the instructors and TAs patiently explained things, even if it meant sitting with me and going through the code line by line at times.  I was in a bit of a unique situation as not only had I just moved to the UK from the States a week prior to starting the course, but also being pregnant into my second trimester! There was one other pregnant person in one of the past cohorts who attended the course and we have both successfully made it through the course with the help of Oli and Pete.

Although the program is quite intense, I never felt like it was unmanageable.   I can honestly say that it would have taken me years to learn what I learned in the 12 week program!!  Working in a setting where you can ask and get immediate answers, and being surrounded by people who are just as motivated as you are to learn is invaluable.  I recommend doing as much precourse work as possible, the more you learn prior to coming to DevelopMe the more you will understand and therefore take away from it.  Living in Bristol, I have bumped into a lot of other web developers and every one of them seems to have a very high opinion of graduates from DevelopMe.  Although the students in my cohort are still finishing up their interviews, as far as I know they have all gotten at least one offer.

If you are serious about becoming a web developer and you want to work with people who are just as serious about turning you into a top notch developer, DevelopMe is the place to be.

• 12 week bootcamp
    - 5/12/2019
    Jack • Web developer • Graduate

I recently completed the bootcamp at DevelopMe, and I would recommend it to someone who's insterested in programming/web development. At first, I was apprehensive, and I wasn't sure if it was going to be the right thing for me. I had some self study under my belt in Python, which isn't covered on the course, so I had some worries that I wouldn't get on well with the languages in the syllabus. Well, I attended an open evening and decided to take the plunge. I was given a pre-course preparation syllabus to work through, and I dedicated a lot of time to completing it before the course began, which I feel really paid off. I found that my worries were unfounded, really, as it wasn't necessarily Python I was interested in, but the process programming. I also wasn't sure if web development was going to be right for me, but in reality, working with programming languages was the thing that interested me, rather than the difference between 'software developer' and 'web developer'.

Once I was on the course itself, I have to say that it felt great to be in the learning environment. The teachers were all great: concepts were explained very clearly and were always followed up with a hefty amount of practical challenges that consolidated everything very well. If anyone ever had any difficulties, the teachers were great about going over things again, helping people understand, and making sure everyone was up to speed in order to move on to the next part. Learning programming languages can be confusing at times, but the moments of satisfaction when you solve a problem are far more rewarding than the frustration of not getting things can be. If you feel like you have the kind of mind that likes to get stuck into a problem and feel motivated to work through something until you figure out how to solve it, then you will probably get on well with the course.

The syllabus was pretty wide, giving us experience of a wide range of technologies which we could choose from to implement a final project at the end. Once we had completed the projects, we were set up with interviews by the course organisers, and our projects were sent to the employers so that they could see what we had created. The support during the interview process seemed great. Each person was set up with ~4 interviews, with continued support after that, meaning that if those interviews didn't lead to anything, they continue to set you up with more. That said, companies seem pretty keen to hire developers, and several companies already have a few past graduates, and continue to come back to hire fresh graduates from the course.

Now, I've been working at a web development agency for 3 months, and things are going great! I'm continuing to learn a lot, and the job is much more fulfilling than anything I've done in the past. If you've been dabbling in code, and find it's the kind of thing that really draws you in, and you can lose yourself for hours solving problems and fixing bugs and implementing things, then you might be coming from a similar place as I did, and will really benefit from taking a fast-track approach to get you into the industry like this.

• Laura • Graduate

I've recently finished the Coding Fellowship (12-week coding bootcamp) at DevelopMe. This comprehensive course is taught by professionals with years of experience in the industry. Its curriculum is regularly revised and updated to be in step with the latest trends and technologies.

The class is formed of a small group of selected students. Along with the instructors and the assistants, this creates a strong sense of community in which you feel comfortable and gives you an excellent opportunity to learn from your classmates as well. Everybody starts with a relatively different level of knowledge but the course presents a challenge to all at their respective level.

I've personally decided to go for a career change seeking a more flexible lifestyle which also stimulates my creativity. Coming from a completely unrelated background (retail, customer service), and being English my second language, this course represented a huge challenge for me. I was not sure if I was ready to do it but they help you get ready with a list of lectures and online lessons to go through before starting. This way you'll get familiar with some fundamental technologies which are essential for the course.

There were tough times but I've always counted on the support from the team. And I mean real support:
    -they have always been there to talk about my performance, to reassure me and give me ideas about what to do to work on the areas I was concerned.
    -1 to 1 feedback sessions that take place every Friday in which they highlight your improvements and point at the areas that need more attention so you know what to focus on. Also, at these feedback sessions, they do want to hear about your own needs so they could better help you. If they can do something, they will not hesitate to carry it out.

Right after finishing the course, they got me four interviews in different companies and sent me the details of a 5th company, in which I've got an interview by showing them the projects I'd built during the course. So 5 interviews in total, which resulted in 2 job offers. I couldn't believe it! A year ago I was wondering what to do with my life, and then after the course, I even had the privilege of choosing where my first dev job was going to be. And that's only my own story, but my other 8 classmates also land a job right after this course. That's why I cannot recommend DevelopMe strongly enough.

You'll surely face a challenging time at some points (and if by any chance you don't, you should be trying harder!) but keep going and trust them. Trust their experience. Trust their knowledge. They really want you to succeed and they will put all their effort into it. And so, you will.

• Tom Rosenfeld • Junior Developer • Graduate

I have recently completed the 12 week full stack web development bootcamp as a part of the winter 2019 cohort.

After 12 years working in an entirely unrelated sector and being in my mid thirties I was unsure whether I’d be able to transition into web development in 12 weeks. The combination of the teachers, teaching assistants and well thought through curriculum enabled me to learn so much more than I thought possible.  I worked through as much of the pre-course study as I could (I would advise any other prospective students to do the same) but I would never have imagined that I’d be able to work with so many frameworks and libraries and produce such complex work so quickly.

The curriculum is constantly updated to keep up with the most current libraries and working practices and the teachers vary so that you were always being taught by someone with real life industry experience. The teaching was a blend of lectures, challenges and  both solo and group projects that meant you had plenty of time working alone and with others. Within our cohort there was a lot of peer support as well as being helped by the staff. I found analysing and bug fixing other peoples code really helpful for improving my own.

I would advise making the most of the opportunities outside of the classroom. Mentoring was worthwhile. I found making contacts in the industry really helpful and encouraging. There is also support available for preparing for job interviews. Every Friday there is a one-to-one feedback session where you receive feedback on your progress and any areas you should focus on or spend some time studying. This is also an opportunity to feed back on the course, something that they take very seriously and noticeably acted upon which was great to see.

The course was a rollercoaster of challenges, frustration, eureka moments, occasionally feeling at an utter loss and deep satisfaction when I finally got whatever concept had stumped me/found the bug/got the damn thing to work. It has given me a real desire to keep learning and improving my knowledge and expanding my skills.

I’m currently waiting to start a role as a developer and am very happy that I decided to take the leap.

• Suzanne Clark • Application Developer • Graduate

After 18 years working in secretarial and personal assistant roles in various sectors, I began considering my next career move and had been looking into web development for a while.  I had completed a few home learning courses in HTML and CSS and watched various online tutorials but it was the Develop Me bootcamp that enabled me to accomplish my career change.

I was starting to fear that in my late 30s, it was too late to change career and that I would be out of my depth and competing with university leavers but was assured that none of these were the case.  There were students older and younger than me from various backgrounds, with different skill sets to offer and it became clear that age wasn’t even a factor.

The course is 12 weeks long with a different subject covered every week.  It was intensive and challenging, with a lot of information to take in but at the same time very rewarding and enjoyable.  The tutors throughout the course are specialised in their topics and so information is relevant and up to date.

All of the staff were supportive, friendly and approachable and there are weekly 1:1 catch up meetings with all the students for regular feedback and an opportunity to discuss anything.  The class had 10 students in it which was an ideal number for paired and group work tasks and still lots of opportunity for individual assistance and support from the staff.
    Everyone is provided with a key to access the classroom so there was opportunity to go in early or at the weekend if you wanted to.

In the second half of the course each student was given contact details to their own mentors, all of which were people that work in the tech sector and have lots of knowledge and experience to pass on.  I found this immensely helpful as extra support with getting my CV prepared and gaining an insight from someone who has had a long career in this sector.

The students in my group all bonded really well together and many breaktime and lunchtime games of table tennis were enjoyed by all!

Towards the end of the course we were prepared for interviews and put forward for various work placements.

I am now 7 months into my first application developer role and am incredibly happy there.  There have been many moments along the way where I have felt out of my depth as there is so much to learn and so many different directions you can go in, but when I think back to where I was and what I was doing a year ago, I realise I have come a very long way, achieved and learnt a lot, met so many fantastic people.

I highly recommend the Develop Me course and thank the staff for all their support in my career change.

• Stacey • Digital Marketer • Graduate

As a full time working professional, my only option was to do a part time course if I wanted to learn web development in a classroom environment, so I was very happy to have found DevelopMe! It worked perfectly around my schedule, provided a small class to learn in (there were 5 of us), and the course covered enough to get me started with my learning and continue on my own following the course... Now I’m just waiting for them to do a JavaScript course (hint hint)!

Thanks to the course I’m now able to build modern responsive websites, and code without too many bad habits (which I would have picked up with self-learning for sure)!

• Aden W • Graduate

I throughly enjoyed my experience at DevelopMe and would definately reccomend the course to anyone interested in getting into web development.

Before I started the course I was looking for a change in career and was trying to break into web development. I was completing online courses to gain some skills, but I felt I needed a more in depth method of learning before I was compfortable finding a job in the industry. So after attending a taster session I signed up for the the course, and I'm very glad I did.

The entire course was extremely engaging (and brain melting at times), and all of the teachers that lead the different sections of the course were excellent. The staff at DevelopMe are helpful, friendly and knowledgable, and all though the course itself was mentally intense, the atmosphere was always relaxed and inclusive.

The monetary , time, and mental investment into the course was significant, but now being a few months into my first front-end developer job, it has proven to be well worth it.

• Highly recommend!
    - 11/15/2018
    Sereena Knapp • Graphic Designer • Graduate

As a first step into UX, this course packed in a variety of topics/diseplinse plus the opportunity to work with an actual client throughout the course which enabled us to start building a portfolio.

The course instructors were brilliant, they provide a wealth of knowledge and resources as well as being on-hand for support oustide of the sessions. And they taught in a relaxed way that made it easy to digest information.

• Riku • Graduate

The Coding Fellowship is not just for career changers, it’s also a great opportunity for self-taught developers to update their skills and to keep up with the industry standards. It’s an intense and challenging 12 week bootcamp that requires hard work and full commitment, but at the end you will be rewarded with job interviews and great opportunities to really start your career as a developer. Bristol is full of great tech companies, which makes this bootcamp even better, as DevelopMe is well known and valued in Bristol’s tech scene.

Within 3 months you will learn the most important skills to become a web developer. The content of the bootcamp is well designed and the instructors are just amazing, always available and willing to help you with any questions you might have. As the class sizes are small (we had 10), you will get very personalized support when needed and they are checking on your progress weekly on one-on-one meetings. DevelopMe is also very open for suggestions and they are constantly updating the content to remain up to date with the industry.

In class there was a teaching assistant available to give you extra help and DevelopMe will pair you up with a mentor, who will advice you outside of the classroom. You will also get great support for job interviews and technical challenges to stand out from the crowd, all personalized just for you.

I got hired by a well established tech company in Bristol just few weeks after the course, so I couldn’t be happier with the bootcamp. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to make a career change to web development or to improve their coding skills. And yes, it’s well worth the money!

• Paul Wylie • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

The Coding Fellowship has more than met my expectations. I’m impressed that we are taught by different instructors each of them with many years experience working with the technology that they are teaching. Not only that but they can all teach as well, which is obviously important that they have the ability to articulate complex concepts to other people. I have found all the instructors very knowledgeable and inspiring.

I also feel that a lot of hard work has gone into the curriculum as it teaches the latest core concepts of the language or tool and you then get a chance to code and put into practise what you have learnt. It is set at the right pace. The curriculum has been tweaked and fine tuned with every cohort, so it is now difficult to suggest any improvements, which is something we are all asked every Friday in our weekly feedback meetups with a DevelopMe person.

At the end of the day, just about everything you could want to know is available somewhere online for free. But working for hours on your own without the support of knowledgeable instructors or a community of peers will not yield the same results as an immersive program like the Coding Fellowship. It’s certainly a big commitment of time, money, and energy, but I don’t think there’s a better way to prepare yourself for a career in web development.

• Mark Harrison • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

I chose DevelopMe because their curriculum offered a broad introduction to full stack web development.  Their programme delivery was excellent in terms of teaching content and quality of instructors.  Instructors was highly knowledgeable and supportive but students were never spoon fed learning.  The three month bootcamp was always challenging and very rewarding.

DevelopMe organised a number of internship interviews for me on completion of my course, one of which led to full time employment as a junior web developer.

DevelopMe's course content and style of teaching prepared me for the kinds of challenge I now face as a junior developer.  I would recommend the course to motivated learners who are able to sustain the intense pace of learning offered by this three month bootcamp.

• Kye • Web Developer/Teaching Assistant • Graduate

If you're looking for a direct route into web development then the Coding Fellowship is definitely for you. The course teaches you the latest web technologies and best practices which you can use to build fantastic projects, all whilst collaborating with like-minded people looking to get the most out of the experience.

The teachers are all industry experts and genuinely care about your learning experience. The people there are amazing and a lot of work is put in to ensure the course content remains up-to-date and relevant. Develop Me keep the cohort size small which means you are well looked after, you are never without support from either your teacher, teaching assistant, mentor or fellow students.

The support does not stop when the course ends, you are matched with a number of tech companies all of which are offering a 3 month internship to succesful candidates. Develop Me help you write your CV and conduct mock interviews which are especially useful to those who haven't experienced a technical interview before (they're not that scary really).

In the end I had 3 job offers out of 4. Develop Me displayed the ultimate show of faith in their Fellowship programme by offering me a Developer/Teaching Assistant internship. I'm now 2 weeks into my job there and it has to be said that this is the best decision I've made.

Attend one of the introductory evenings and I promise you won't regret it!

• Liz • Junior Developer • Graduate

I am currently one week into my new job that I secured after completeing the 12-week Bootcamp courrse in Bristol with DevelopMe and I couldn't be happier.

Choosing to study on this Bootcamp was the best choice I ever made, and I feel so lucky to have got on it. The people who run DevelopMe_ are really good people, they work hard to get you the best placement possible, and always have your best interests at heart.

The course is definitely very intense, but I loved every week, even when I struggled which was most of the time. We had a different teacher for each subject, which was normally every 1-2 weeks, and they were incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable and accomplishd professionals in the industry. I felt very lucky to be getting their expertise and advice each week.

This course is perfect for anyone who has looked at some tutorials or challenges online and feels addicted already! It's definitely an advantage to studay outside of the normal working hours too. But all the hard work paid off, DevelopMe_ set me up with 6 interviews at different companies, and I had a few offers which I had to choose between - I had never been in this position before in my former working life, and although really hard to choose, obviously I was so happy.

Now in my new job, my colleagues and team are so lovely and helpful, really generous with their time, and I feel as though DevelopMe_ has given me a life-long passion for learning more. From the first moment I decided to join this Bootcamp I've had no regrets I would recommend this course to everyone that is interested in programming!

• Arthur G • Intern Web/App developer • Graduate

I was looking for a way to get into web development and after deciding to forgo a three-year Computer Science degree (which would have been a lot more expensive and time-consuming) I decided to go for the DevelopMe full-stack  fellowship after attending a taster evening. I had little to no experience in development or programming , but the quality of tutoring and materials covered during the intensive 3-month course brought me up to speed to comfortably work with most of the most popular and relevant development tools and frameworks available today including but not limited to HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, Laravel, Wordpress and Drupal.

Learning in a relaxed and creative environment  of the Paintworks HQ, made the fellowship a breath of fresh air, as there are no stuffy lecture rooms and the class sizes are kept to a smaller, more cohesive groups. This allows for more attention paid to each student group and easier to collaborate and socialise with other students. The Job support has been great and I managed to secure an internship with one of DevelopMe's partner companies.  As part of the fellowship, the mentorship programme matches up each student with industry specialists to act as mentors and help with any questions about the world of development and give career advice. The only thing that potential candidates need to be aware of that this is an intensive course and requires a lot of effort and extra reading to make the most of the material. It is recommended to attend one of the taster sessions to see what the course is about and get to know the tutors in person.

The fellowship has definitely been a life-changing experience and I recommend it to anyone looking to make a career- switch into the world of web development!

• Joanne Basa • Graduate

I came from another country then moved to the UK; did a different job for more than a decade then decided to pursue something that both terrified and intrigued me: web development. It took years of hesitation and then I finally made the jump--- and that jump was the biggest, yet the most rewarding and one of the best life choices I have ever made.

I migrated from the Philippines and worked as an intensive care nurse for the NHS for a good number of years when I realised I have not abandoned that desire to study web development. If there is something I always see in my (previous) line of work, it's that you need to be able to live life fully because we only live once. I then looked for schools that can teach me web development, there are a a couple but I decided to go with DevelopMe's Coding Fellowship. It is a 12-week, full-time, in-person, hands-on full-stack web development course taught in Bristol. They certainly knew what they were doing. Lessons were taught by really good teachers-- really seasoned developers who knew how to impart that experience & knowledge to other people; complete beginners. They taught the "trinity" of front-end web development: HTML, CSS (and SASS) and JS (my favourite week EVER). And there were really solid back-end stuff and other technologies: PHP, React + Redux, Laravel, Git, WordPress and Drupal. It was never easy, but I was never alone. I felt overwhelmed-- but I felt supported. Our class size was small (9 students), and was taught closely since we were only 9. We even had a mentor each, and my mentor helped me a lot when I want to clarify some concept I encounter in the classroom (usually when I wrote so fast I can't understand my own handwriting!). I asked every newbie question, made every newbie coding blunder imaginable yet I found that they were always there to guide me and my classmates. 12 weeks seems a lot but it really goes by quite quickly. And they make sure to do weekly 1-on-1 sessions as to how we were coping, feedback on the lesson and the teacher for that week, and feedback from our teacher as to how we are progressing. Those sessions gave me an insight as to how I can learn and cope better: and it truly consolidated my learning.

DevelopMe has given me that initial foundation to be able to drive myself in a career direction I never thought possible. With their help, I managed to do a 3 month paid internship in a healthcare digital agency and I have found that healthcare and web development can exist in one package-- and I found my dream niche. I have then left in order to move to Manchester and I carry with me every single thing they taught me. The entire experience taught me how to code, and I also learned to persevere, and to remember that I can help other people in an entirely different perspective now. I could not thank them enough for the entire experience.

• Nat • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

The course was very stimulating and challenging.  All the teachers are experts in what they do, approachable and more than willing to help. Oli and Pete, the course directors are very supportive and helpful. I just started my placement two weeks ago and I’m loving the work and excited to continue learning. DevelopMe has been a great experience in my life.

• Tom Bale • Junior Developer • Graduate

Coming from a Tech Recruitment background I was looking for a way to get into the world of Web Development and coding but with very little idea of how to go about it. The Coding Fellowship provided me with exactly what I was looking for.

The course covers the full stack of the most current and widely used languages and technologies from HTML, CSS and Javascript through PHP and MySQL and relevent frameworks like Angular and Ionic. The teaching from day one was exceptional. I was part of a small class of very inexperienced wide-eyed students feeling more than a little bit daunted about what lay ahead. Thankfully, every one of the teachers we had pitched the syllabus at the perfect level for us. The small class size meant that it felt like being taught one on one and we all got a huge amount of contact time. The teachers were all highly experienced industry professionals with a wealth of knowledge. They had clearly spent a huge amount of time planning each day of teaching for us and as a result we all picked up even the most complex concepts on the course.

Outside of the classroom we were all paired up with an industry mentor who we were encouraged to meet on a fortnightly basis. These meetups provided me with a further source of learning and a person outside of the classroom to challenge me and help me to understand what I was trying to get out of the course and what I wanted from my future career. Furthermore there are a huge number of social tech meetups in the Bristol area that DevelopMe gives you a list of an encourages you to attend on a weekly basis. These gave us all opportunties to meet likeminded people and write code with others to advance our learning.

Now that I have completed the Coding Fellowship I am about to begin a 3 month work placement with a local tech company. DevelopMe set up interviews for all of us at the end of the course and took us through interview prep before we attended them. This support meant that I was well prepared for the interviews and ended up being offered a place at my number one choice. I would highly recommend the Coding Fellowship for anyone looking to make the move into the world of Web Development. Whilst the course is a substantial investement of both money and time I can honestly say that I would not be where I am today without DevelopMe!

• Pete Thomas • Junior Developer • Graduate

As a 34 year old teacher and musician looking for a new direction, the Coding Fellowship was attractive as it promised a focused, streamlined route into the web development industry. Having increasing time commitments, a year long course seemed an impossibility, and unjustifiable without the eventual promise of work and a return on the investment.

The course was highly stimulating and challenging. The Coding Fellowship covers the full stack, with everything from HTML, CSS and Javascript to PHP and MySQL, content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal and frameworks such as AngularJS and Laravel. The instructors included some of the most clear thinking and smart people I’ve ever encountered, who were able to challenge us conceptually as well as advise us more practically, drawing on their long experience of the industry. It seems that there is a commitment to remaining relevant to the industry as, comparing notes with previous and current students, the content of the course seems to change with each cohort.

Most impressively, the level of support that each of us received was of a quality that I’ve not experienced in education before. The class size was small which meant that the teachers were able to get to know us, individually and as a group, and pitch the content to our needs and strengths. We had weekly one-to-ones with the team and I felt that any feedback I had was welcome, encouraged and taken on board. We were also given industry mentors who were keen to meet and share their experience - a nice touch.

Aside from coding, we were given practice at the daunting world of technical interviews. Following the course, Developme organised four interviews with local companies, all of which I felt well prepared for and it seemed I was well received. I’m now three weeks into my first job in the industry and, although it’s a challenge and there’s a long road to becoming an expert, I feel well prepared and able to tackle the majority of problems put my way. Most importantly, I’m loving the work and excited to continue learning. The Coding Fellowship is without doubt a significant commitment of time, energy and money but is a decision that - I’m pleased to report - is proving to have been an excellent one.

• Nick Bass • junior web developer

Having dropped out of uni, not liking my degree, I thought a coding course would be the best option, partly out of interest and partly to find a career direction. Even if you don't have any experience, by the end of the course everyone felt they were confident when it came to programming/coding. I couldn't of wished for a better cohort of teachers and students. This is an intensive course, so be prepared to work, but the results are rewarding. I would definitly recommend developMe to anyone who wants to get into the industry.

• Jamie Forsyth • Junior Developer • Graduate

If you're looking to get into web development starting from scratch, this is the course for you. It has excellent tuition, a great and varied curriculum, and sets you up with a paid placement at the end of the course to gain that invaluable experience needed to kick start your career. This is a very intensive course, and if considering enrolling you should be prepared to work extremely hard over the 12 week period out get the best out of it.

Overall, this has been a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get in to web development.

DevelopMe_ has an acceptance rate of 30%, of which 100% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at DevelopMe_, 97% graduate. 91% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $30,294.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

We are UK-based bootcamp, please note salary is reported in USD not GBP. GBP starting salary average is £23,200.