developme_-logo

DevelopMe_

Bristol

DevelopMe_

DevelopMe_ offers full-time, 12-week Web Developer Bootcamps, part-time 10-week UX Design Bootcamps, and part-time, 6-week Front End Web Development courses in Bristol, UK. DevelopMe_ was established with a social mission to create inclusive opportunities and give everyone in society access to the digital economy. Courses are taught by industry experts and are project driven and challenge based. In the DevelopMe_ Web Developer Bootcamp (Coding Fellowship) students learn HTML5, CSS3, Sass, JavaScript, React, Redux, React native, Gulp, Git, Vagrant, APIs, PHP, WordPress and the Laravel framework. The UX Design Bootcamp teaches the key skills required to research, define, design, and develop digital services and products based on user-centered design principles. Students learn how to approach problems creatively to design the next generation of apps, websites, and digital products.

Applicants are required to submit an online application, attend an introductory workshop, participate in an interview, and complete pre-course material, before being admitted to a bootcamp.

DevelopMe_ provides CV and interview coaching, networking opportunities with employers, industry mentoring, and ongoing career support, as well as multiple internship opportunities with partner companies to kick-start a new career in tech. Students will learn the tools, technologies, and skills needed to start a career as a Full Stack Web Developer or UX Designer through this talent and digital skills accelerator.

Recent DevelopMe_ Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (51) reviews for DevelopMe_ →

Recent DevelopMe_ News

• Coding Fellowship

Cost£8,450
    LocationBristol
    A full-time immersive 12-week web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, Sass, Gulp, JavaScript, React, Redux, React Native, PHP and the Laravel framework. Classes are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm.
    Deposit£500
    Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in coding. i.e. having worked through some online resources, started teaching themselves to code and attended tech events.
    Prep Work50 hours + of coding exercises, reading and tutorials
  • Part-time Front-end

HTML, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Cost£1,500
    LocationBristol
    A part-time (6 evenings, 2 full Saturdays) course teaching the fundamentals of modern front-end web development. Learn how to code mobile-friendly, responsive websites from scratch, using HTML5 and CSS3 and the latest web development practices from industry experts.
    Deposit£500
    ScholarshipThe 'Opportunity Fund' within Develop Me occasionally allows for £500, £1000 reduction in fees and sometimes we make a full fee reduction available. Our Opportunity fund come from donations from our Hiring Partner and a % of fees we put in ourselves.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in coding. I.e. having worked through some online resources, started teaching themselves to code and attended tech events.
  • User Experience Design [Part-time]

Cost£2,450
    LocationBristol
    Our part-time User Experience Design (UXD) course will teach you all the key skills required to research, define, design and develop digital services based upon user-centred design principles. The programme’s industry informed curriculum will teach you how to approach problems creatively in order to design the next generation of great apps, websites, and digital products whilst preparing you to pursue opportunities to work as a User Experience Designer. Course overview: 10 week part-time curriculum Thursday evenings + 2 full Saturdays Additional homework & project work Content ratio 30% theory > 70% practical Classroom based with expert instructors Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centred Design and learn to validate ideas by looping through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping, User Testing and Iteration. You will also be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes whilst working on a real ‘live’ client brief. Alongside this practical application of learned skills and techniques – you will be able to demonstrate your ability to successfully manage a project from concept to launch; combining commercially sought after skill-sets – through the application of research, design and technical development. Students will finish the course competent in: Research & Analysis methods Understanding of UX best practice UX processes – Research & analysis methods User/Human-centred design processes Information architecture Creative software tools Visual design principles User Interface (UI) components & design patterns Wireframing, low-fidelity mockups & rapid prototyping Identifying front-end web technologies (Note: This course is not a web development course) Project management, workflow & handover processes Usability testing & validation
    Deposit£500

Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in design, technology or related fields
  • UX Fundamentals Workshop

Cost£600
    LocationBristol
    Course Overview Design is the name we give to the task of creating something useful and beautiful. It relies on a multi-disciplinary approach that includes: user research and testing; interface design & brand. Design for digital – ‘Useful, Beautiful, Digital’. Day 1: Research & discovery Intro Business & brand User research methods Communicating the User Experience Day 2: Design & testing Intro Concept & prototyping Graphic design & interaction design Testing designs Instructors Jointly run by digital designer Matt French and UX consultant Stuart Church. They have worked together for over a decade for clients including Sky, The NHS, The office for National Statistics and Bristol University. Matt French specialises in graphic and interaction design, and is Head of Design at the award winning agency 3Sixty. Stuart Church is a UX consultant specialising in UX research & design prototyping and is a founder of The Bristol Usability Group and UX Bristol Conference. With these complimentary skillsets, their aim is provide a course that demonstrates a holistic approach to User Experience design. Workshop Curriculum Day 1 – Research & discovery Introduction to User Experience We explore the foundations of User Experience. It’s history, terminology and some of the key concepts that frame how we approach design problems. We also discuss the use (and mis-use) of different design processes from waterfall to agile. Business & brand We explore what success means and how we capture an ‘experience vision’ for how the design should benefit customers and users. Often a political process, it involves research and exploration of internal business goals and strategies, and aligning these views towards a common design goal. User research techniques Capturing requirements is vital for establishing a clear vision for the design of a website or application. However, knowing when to do research and what types of methods to use can be a minefield. In this session, we explore practical methods for gaining insights into user goals, attitudes and behaviours. These include online surveys, web analytics and contextual research. Communicating UX The translation of research findings into actionable insights is one of the great challenges of design. In this session, we explore the importance of communication and collaboration, and consider different methods and techniques for effectively communicating research insights (e.g. personas, task models, user journeys) Day 2 – Design & testing Intro Why design & test? Internet, web standards, mobile web 1st, apps. Interaction design: utility & beauty Design principles Brand archetypes The brief Concept & Prototyping High level workflow: (Brief to HTML templates). Familiarisation with key tools such as UX Pin and InVision Review UX research (activity) Sketch user journey(s) (activity) Prototyping & testing (activity) Art direction & Style tiles (activity) Type specs & grids. Designing for personas. Writing content for the web. Interaction design / animation Graphic & Interaction design Trends in design. (Material design) Modular design (components). HTML style guide Responsive design. Hierarchy & visual tension. Type on the web. Buttons, links & CTA’s Forms & validation Testing What to measure? Planning & recruitment Moderated testing Remote moderated testing Unmoderated testing AB & MV testing Satisfactions metrics Semantic differentials Eyetracking
    Refund / Guarantee14 Day Cooling Off Period From Purchase

• Kim Williams  User Photo
    Kim Williams • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have just completed the DevelopMe web development bootcamp and I can definitely say it has been one of the most fulfilling 12 weeks of my life.  I didn’t know what to expect coming into the course; I thought perhaps we would become proficient enough to build a one page website but little did I know that we would be working with all the best tools a web developer could have to build fully functioning, multi-paged websites and apps.  Not only did we learn solid industry standards of HTML, CSS, and Javascript front-end development we also learned PHP and worked with content management systems to incorporate both front-end and back-end aspects of web development.  We went on to creating apps and mobile apps with React, Redux, React Native, and Laravel.  We were expected to work like a web developer would at a company so we got comfortable with pushing our work up to Github and pair programming.

My favorite thing about the program was the instructors and teaching assistants.  We had a different instructor for the topics based on the instructor’s expertise and it was very obvious to me that DevelopMe had very high standards for their instructors.   As a beginner coming from a completely unrelated field (hospitality) I was afraid that I would not understand the concepts but the instructors and TAs patiently explained things, even if it meant sitting with me and going through the code line by line at times.  I was in a bit of a unique situation as not only had I just moved to the UK from the States a week prior to starting the course, but also being pregnant into my second trimester! There was one other pregnant person in one of the past cohorts who attended the course and we have both successfully made it through the course with the help of Oli and Pete.

Although the program is quite intense, I never felt like it was unmanageable.   I can honestly say that it would have taken me years to learn what I learned in the 12 week program!!  Working in a setting where you can ask and get immediate answers, and being surrounded by people who are just as motivated as you are to learn is invaluable.  I recommend doing as much precourse work as possible, the more you learn prior to coming to DevelopMe the more you will understand and therefore take away from it.  Living in Bristol, I have bumped into a lot of other web developers and every one of them seems to have a very high opinion of graduates from DevelopMe.  Although the students in my cohort are still finishing up their interviews, as far as I know they have all gotten at least one offer.

If you are serious about becoming a web developer and you want to work with people who are just as serious about turning you into a top notch developer, DevelopMe is the place to be.

• Nicola Willis  User Photo
    Nicola Willis • Graduate Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I highly recommend this course.

I've now been a web developer for 2 years, in the job I got from one of the interviews Develop Me set up for me at the end of the course.

The instructors were very good. The instructors knew what they were doing with code, and also had put thought into how to teach it effectively.

It helped me figure out what parts of web development I most enjoyed. The 2 weeks we spent solving JavaScript problems really exercised a bit of my brain that I didn't know I had - I loved it.

It really is a very good way to start in web development. 3 months isn't long, and web development requires you to learn a lot. Develop Me did an excellent job of taking our skills and ways of thinking a very long way in the time frame. I appreciated how much we got to try things, putting things into practice and learning practically (with the support and instruction of experienced people). We were trying out things for the first time that felt so new and challenging at times, but to help us we had clear and thorough explanations of the concepts, and plenty of support. This combination of challenge and instruction/support is excellent.

Alongside all these challenges, there was wide and thorough coverage of use of essential tools, including Git, and the command line.

It gave me a really solid foundation to go into a job as a junior, where you will then learn more, that it would be impossible to teach in 3 months.

The support was great - they always had both the instructor and another web developer on hand to help. I was pretty much a total beginner when I joined the bootcamp, and whenever I felt overwhelmed or unsure, it was so helpful to have a friendly someone on hand to reassure and help or give feedback.

The overall mood of the course was really positive. There is plenty of kindness in the culture they've built up.

Regular pastoral chats and feedback were really helpful.

I also learned how to play table tennis. I'm not sure if they still have the table!

I'm really thankful for this course.

• Simon S  User Photo
    Simon S • Business Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed the coding fellowship nearly two and a half years ago, so I hope this review provides the added benefit of some longer term perspective, having successfully transitioned into a rewarding career in tech as a result of completing this course.

The 12 weeks from start to finish were very intense, you will experience high and lows but I have no regrets about embarking on this course. It will provide you with the fundamentals you need to get started across a wide range of languages, at speed.

The best advice I can give to anyone considering enrolling would be to get to a comfortable level with the basics in your own time first (HTML, CSS, JavaScript and anything else that interests you), talk to developers, thoroughly research the industry and have a realistic target with regard to where you want to be by week 12. If you are prepared to put in the work (and the work IS tough) before, during and after the course you will be amazed by the amount of opportunities that will arise which may not have been possible in your previous or current career. Development is tough when starting out, it takes time, hard work and patience, so make sure you know fully know what to expect.

I was able to forge strong working relationships with all of the instructors on my course- they all have bags of experience, know everything there is to know about their specialisms and their support throughout was invaluable. The location and facilitates are good and you will undoubtedly make friends with your fellow students.

On a personal level, I forged a career in the data science route off the back of this course which wasn't directly covered on my cohorts curriculum, but that is what played best to my interests and strengths. That is one of the added benefits of this course; it will enable you to think about the different options available whilst giving you with the skills that employers will be looking for at entry level.

I would recommend the coding fellowship to anyone who is serious about starting out as a web developer or is perhaps looking to utilise the Dev role as a platform for a wider career in tech.

• Charlotte  User Photo
    Charlotte • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I wholeheartedly recommend the DevelopMe coding bootcamp. I did quite a bit of research on various coding bootcamps before committing to DevelopMe and am so glad that I made the right choice.

I went into the bootcamp with minimal knowledge of coding - changing my career in my 30s after many years in academia (arts). Whilst the work could be intensive at times (there is a lot to learn!), the tutors and support staff are exceptional and the learning environment is relaxed and welcoming. You are encouraged to ask questions throughout the course and, in a weekly progress review, to discuss how you are feeling about the course, your general wellbeing and what could be improved.

The mentoring programme is a fantastic idea, pairing you with an industry expert with whom you can chat informally about what it is like to work in web development. And DevelopMe continues to support its alumni after graduation - actively helping students through the interview process and updating the resources from the course at regular interviews.

I am now in my first development job and loving every minute! :)

• Jae Lee  User Photo
    Jae Lee • Web developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I moved to Bristol to attend this course. I did a lot of research before I decided to do as moving is not an easy choice and now I think it was the best choice I've ever made.

One of the great things about DevelopMe is that each different language/topic is taught by the best-specialised tutors. - this was one of the reasons I chose DevelopMe.

All teachers and Teaching Assistants are not only good teachers but great mentors. When I struggled with some concept they were happy to went through it again with me and give extra support.

I learned a lot and built a good foundation for my career. The course focused on very practical skills. And the course exercises are specifically designed to train you on how developers think and approach the problems which is very important value. When I had interviews, the employers were quite impressed by the way I've trained on the course.

More importantly, I felt that they really care about their student not only academic wise but emotion wise as well. We had one-to-one every week to check out how we got on and get advice and feedback and get whatever support we needed.

• Alys  User Photo
    Alys • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did a lot of research before committing to the course, and really believe Develop Me is the best option in the South West. The support on the course was great, and I really think it's worth the money. All of the teachers were fantastic, and it's great to be taught by people who are actually working in the industry. I considered going to university, but that would have been 3 years and cost a lot more ultimately! Instead, in a few months I've gone from working in a call centre to being a web developer! Best decision I made, and it has really changed my life. I did a couple of part time courses first with other providers, which I would recommend, as I believe it helped me to do well on the Develop Me course, and make the most of it. I also did lots of online courses, but I do think you learn more with a teacher, and it's a bit more interesting too. If you identify as a women/non-binary and are aged 18-23, or 18+ and completed studies in the past 2 years, I would highly recommend Code First: Girls. They run free beginners courses in Bristol (and around the country). It's really great prep for Develop Me and won't cost you a thing.
  • Coding Fellowship
    - 5/10/2019
    Tat Wa Lay  User Photo
    Tat Wa Lay • Developer at gosoto.co • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Short review

Course is great, got a job after the course.

The long detailed review

My journey started in November 2018. I was working as a web administrator in a cold car body shop. Administering their website, doing thankless tasks and listening to the boss constantly shouting and swearing at the workers. I came across Develop Me through a google search and attended their open evening. They had beer, pizza and we were shown how to make a basic contact form in PHP with some HTML and bootstrap.

I have a Computer Science degree and have attempted the self taught route. I can honestly say that I learned more in 12 weeks at Develop Me than I did in my 5 years of my further and higher education. There are some things on the degree program that aren’t taught on the boot camp such as Photoshop (in detail) and Computer and Law theory but I’m sure you’ll learn this as and when. What my degree didn’t teach me was how to be a proficient developer. My typical Web Programming lecture at Uni would consist of an oversized class with one lecturer speaking to you, as if you should know better. If you didn’t know something, you would get a sarcastic answer and get told to go away and look it up.

With Develop Me, there were 9 students, 1 instructor and 1 (sometimes 2) teaching assistants to assist you. There were always some detailed slides to refer too, lots of correct documentation recommended by the instructor and at least 2 knowledgeable people at hand should you need things explained in detail.

During the course, you will feel lots of different emotions, frustration, anxiety, uncertainty and some will experience stress. To experience these emotions alone on a self taught route would certainly make you want to give up being a developer. Which was why I failed on the self taught route.  Most of my fellow students were very supportive and we would have a one to one with the founders every Friday to check in and give any constructive feedback. There was a very positive energy on the course with everybody wanting to learn and grow while everybody kept emotionally aware of each other’s frustrations.

Develop Me provides a table tennis table which for me really helped as it allowed me to bond with my fellow cohorts.

There’s also unlimited coffee and a run biscuits every week. I had many great moments talking to fellow cohorts over coffee about my problem and then finding the solution for myself. A term referred to as rubber ducking.

The technology taught on the course was very relevant. I won’t list them all as they can change in a flash, so it’s best to visit their website. I came onto the course believing that I knew HTML, CSS and PHP which was one of my biggest mistakes. Going onto a course believing you already know it all.  The first week, the instructor, Ruth Johns blew my tiny little mind of how much there was to HTML and CSS. Lots of things they just don’t teach you on a degree program.

I will openly admit that I struggled half way through the course and didn’t go on to complete the React Native path. But instead, revisited Javascript, Wordpress + PHP again which was suggested by the course leaders. At the time, it was harsh news to hear but the end result really paid off. I’m no working as a Wordpress Developer at a highly established agency working with technologies I really enjoy. Please not that Wordpress is not just editing an existing theme but writing your own theme that requires an understanding of the loop written in PHP.

As for the venue, there’s a very creative energy about Paintworks, lots of great companies that pay a premium to be there and lots of potential hiring partners. I was eventually hired by an agency situated just 4 doors away. As for the Friday night beer? There’s a bar just a up some steps that serve great beer and pizza. Parking was free on the road and a bike rack directly outside. Also to add that you’re just a 10 minute walk away from Temple Meads.  These things are all essential to know if you’re going to be there for 12 weeks.

As for funding the £8k fee, having rich parents in this situation always helps, but if you’re someone like me who had little savings in the bank, I managed to get a career development loan which, at the time of writing, the program has stopped now but there are other loan companies out there. You’ll need to check for the best interest rates and ensure you have enough funds to survive for 4 months and not 3.

After the course finished, the work didn’t stop there. We were given a technical challenge to complete that we would present to potential employers. At first it was a blind panic but breaking down the task, it was challengingly enjoyable. Everything we had learned on the course, we were able to put into practice.

So after 12 weeks of intensive learning and 12 grey hairs later, I’m here at my desk in a web development agency developing themes and plugins, working with amazing people and patting the office dog during times of coding frustration.

I can confirm that everybody on the course got employed and most of my fellow cohort got offered a junior salary between £21,000 - £23,000. Some companies offering between £16,000 to £20,000 depending on experience. I have been added to the Develop Me Alumini where I’m notified of future upcoming hack nights and events relating to relevant topics.

So there you go, a long detailed review that I hope will confirm the credibility of this course.

A giant thank you to Pete, Oli (co founders) Mark Wales (amazing instructor) Ruth, Jack, George, Chris.

The experience was amazing.

• Greg  User Photo
    Greg • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I joined the course with around 10 months of prior experience self teaching in my spare time which gave me a great foundation to make the most of this course. At no point did I feel like the content I was studying was a waste of time because I had already got to grips with it, which was an initial concern.

All of the tutors were experts in their speciality and I felt supported and challenged throughout. I also feel the curriculum was suited to the state of the industry at time of writing, and gave me a great understanding of technologies such as React and Redux which I have continued to build on to this day.

I highly recommend preparing as much as you can before you start, otherwise you may find some weeks incredibly challenging, I felt I had a reasonable understanding of Javascript before I started, due to my prior studying but I still found the JS weeks to be incredibly challenging.

I was provided with ample oppertunites upon completion of the course for employment, though it did take me around 2 months to secure employment. However, in this time DevelopMe_ were in contact to make sure the search was going well.

Highly recommend the course for anyone looking to career transition, and you can leave feeling confident you have a solid grounding in the core technologies required to begin your journey as a web / software developer.

• Ricky Mason  User Photo
    Ricky Mason • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was part of the Summer 2018 Full Stack Web Dev Bootcamp and really enjoyed the experience. I wasn't sure I'd be able to re-train at this stage in my life (being ancient at the age of 31) but the trainers were very patient and the course really well structured. It was challenging, of course, but I got through it and learnt this entire new skill set in a crazy short amount of time. There was lots of support available throughout the course and probably just as much support now having finished the course months ago. Timing was unfortunate for work placements as there weren't many companies hiring when we graduated but it didn't matter, I was still able to find a job within about 4-5 weeks of completing the course (and the first 2.5 weeks of that I wasn't looking or applying as I was getting strung along by one of the work placement companies lol). Pete was also really good at keeping me up to date with tons of oppurtunities/vacancies around Bristol and Bath. I've now since left my first junior web dev role and am getting ready to start my second, with a better company with better prospects... all within a few months of graduating from my Developme_ Bootcamp. If this is what you want to do with your life and you're thinking about signing up, just do it. I was apprechensive and a little terrified about investing so much money in myself but you only live once and if you're willing to put in just a little work and effort you can litterally change your life in as little as 12 weeks.

• Kate Howard  User Photo
    Kate Howard • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I would recommend the DevelopMe bootcamp to anyone who is committed to becoming a web developer, and willing to put in a lot of hard work, keep asking questions and really make the most of all the support available here. The course is very intense, even if you have been through all or most of the preparation materials, but it is a brilliant, well-structured way of learning vital skills, and ultimately getting started in the industry.

The syllabus is regularly updated with new technologies based on current trends, and we were taught for 1-2 weeks at a time by a professional developer specialising in a particular area like React Native or GitHub. There is a lot of support available - instructors and teaching assistants are always on hand to answer questions and point you in the right direction. We worked on coding challenges individually, as well as projects in twos or threes, which I found very useful as it involved justifying everything you were doing to your team and thinking more about how the whole project worked. Every Friday we would have a one-to-one chat for five minutes, which was a chance to talk about anything you were struggling with, particularly enjoyed, or felt could be improved about the course.

After the 12 weeks of teaching we were set a week-long challenge which would be sent out to prospective employers, which was lots of fun to work on once I got into it. Then DevelopMe organised interviews for each of us with interesting tech companies around Bristol. I spoke to five companies, and was getting quite nervous that no one would ever hire me, but Pete was always checking how things had gone and looking into other opportunities, and in the end I got a great job as a Front End Developer/Quality Assurance Tester.

During my time on the course I also had a job in the evening...which just about worked out, but I'd recommend avoiding if you can! Ideally you want to be immersed in development, getting into a good routine with enough rest so that you're prepared to learn, and keeping some time free to go to things like hack nights and talks with your coursemates. If this sounds like a commitment you're happy to make, then go for it!

• I loved it!
    - 5/22/2018
    Ellie   User Photo
    Ellie • Trainee Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I absolutely loved the Develop Me 12 week bootcamp and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a career as a web developer.

The course was definitely intense (and there were times where my brain felt like it was melting!), but it's such an achievement to learn as much as you do in 12 weeks. I would never have dreamed that I could go from knowing virtually nothing about coding to getting a job as a junior developer the week after the course finished!

I loved having different teachers for each part of the course - this gave us a variety of teaching techniques and exposed us to different insights into the industry. All the teachers were amazing, really passionate about teaching, and created a supportive environment in which to ask questions. Having a teaching assistant as well as the teacher is amazing - Pete was always on hand to help out with all excerises. We were also paired up with mentors in the industry - I got on really well with my mentor and met up for coffee every few weeks. This really helped me gain a better understanding of work as a developer and the industry as a whole.

Learning how to use git was really helpful in my interviews and prepared us well for our placements after the course. Pair programming and working together as a group was always really fun - you learn so much coding with someone else, like developing the ability to talk through your code.

The course had such a friendly atmosphere with Pete and Oli really caring about us as individuals. Our group became really close over the 3 months, and it was great to be able to work together with such a motivated group of people.

I've been working as a junior developer with Ecotricity for 3 months now and absolutely love it. One of the best things about the course is the help that Pete gave us to get a job upon graduating - from setting up the interviews to helping us with mock interviews.

In summary - it's really intense but completely worth it!

• Sasha Lawrence • Front End Web Developer • Graduate
    I discovered the course online after doing a lot of research into bootcamps for web development in Bristol, I went along to a coding fellowship bootcamp taster evening to see what it was all about. On the evening I met Pete and Oli running the course and made a little game as my first introduction to coding - and I was sold on doing the course.

I wanted a new direction in my career having previously worked in animation, despite loving my area of work, I wanted to learn something different and in demand. I discovered there was great need for skilled web developers and coding is something I have always been interested in so thought it was an area I should look into.

The course is a big investment of time, money and risk - but it was definitely worth it! I have enjoyed the intense learning experience and has opened my eyes to a new creative industry.  The teaching was excellent - it was great to have various tutors each with their own skills, specialist knowledge and interests. Also the support from developme e.g. the 1 on 1s every week where we reflect on how that week's subject has gone were invaluable.

I have managed to get a job pretty soon after the course and am enjoying being a front end developer - I would recommend doing it.
  • Software Developer
    - 1/31/2020
    Oliver • Graduate
    Absolutely superb course! Definitely recommend to people who are thinking about a career change or just kickstart their IT career. You will learn all the fundamentals and best practices that you need to land a developer job after graduating and all this just in 3 months (plus pre-course). Teachers and teaching assistants were best in the industry with years of experience. Support was amazing throughout the course. Really liked the 1on1 meetings every Friday where you review the actual week and get lots of feedback. If you're still not convinced, attend one of the taster evenings and have a chat with postgrads and instructors.

DevelopMe_ Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DevelopMe_, 97% graduated. 94% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $30,294. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 33 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

We are UK-based bootcamp, please note salary is reported in USD not GBP. GBP starting salary average is £23,200.