developme_-logo

DevelopMe_

Bristol

DevelopMe_

DevelopMe_ offers full-time, 12-week Web Developer Bootcamps, part-time 10-week UX Design Bootcamps, and part-time, 6-week Front End Web Development courses in Bristol, UK. DevelopMe_ was established with a social mission to create inclusive opportunities and give everyone in society access to the digital economy. Courses are taught by industry experts and are project driven and challenge based. In the DevelopMe_ Web Developer Bootcamp (Coding Fellowship) students learn HTML5, CSS3, Sass, JavaScript, React, Redux, React native, Gulp, Git, Vagrant, APIs, PHP, WordPress and the Laravel framework. The UX Design Bootcamp teaches the key skills required to research, define, design, and develop digital services and products based on user-centered design principles. Students learn how to approach problems creatively to design the next generation of apps, websites, and digital products.

Applicants are required to submit an online application, attend an introductory workshop, participate in an interview, and complete pre-course material, before being admitted to a bootcamp.

DevelopMe_ provides CV and interview coaching, networking opportunities with employers, industry mentoring, and ongoing career support, as well as multiple internship opportunities with partner companies to kick-start a new career in tech. Students will learn the tools, technologies, and skills needed to start a career as a Full Stack Web Developer or UX Designer through this talent and digital skills accelerator.

Recent DevelopMe_ Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (60) reviews for DevelopMe_ →

Recent DevelopMe_ News

• Coding Fellowship

Cost£8,450
    LocationBristol
    A full-time immersive 12-week web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, Sass, Gulp, JavaScript, React, Redux, React Native, PHP and the Laravel framework. Classes are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm.
    Deposit£500
    Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in coding. i.e. having worked through some online resources, started teaching themselves to code and attended tech events.
    Prep Work50 hours + of coding exercises, reading and tutorials
  • Part-time Front-end

HTML, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Cost£1,500
    LocationBristol
    A part-time (6 evenings, 2 full Saturdays) course teaching the fundamentals of modern front-end web development. Learn how to code mobile-friendly, responsive websites from scratch, using HTML5 and CSS3 and the latest web development practices from industry experts.
    Deposit£500
    ScholarshipThe 'Opportunity Fund' within Develop Me occasionally allows for £500, £1000 reduction in fees and sometimes we make a full fee reduction available. Our Opportunity fund come from donations from our Hiring Partner and a % of fees we put in ourselves.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in coding. I.e. having worked through some online resources, started teaching themselves to code and attended tech events.
  • User Experience Design [Part-time]

Cost£2,450
    LocationBristol
    Our part-time User Experience Design (UXD) course will teach you all the key skills required to research, define, design and develop digital services based upon user-centred design principles. The programme’s industry informed curriculum will teach you how to approach problems creatively in order to design the next generation of great apps, websites, and digital products whilst preparing you to pursue opportunities to work as a User Experience Designer. Course overview: 10 week part-time curriculum Thursday evenings + 2 full Saturdays Additional homework & project work Content ratio 30% theory > 70% practical Classroom based with expert instructors Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centred Design and learn to validate ideas by looping through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping, User Testing and Iteration. You will also be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes whilst working on a real ‘live’ client brief. Alongside this practical application of learned skills and techniques – you will be able to demonstrate your ability to successfully manage a project from concept to launch; combining commercially sought after skill-sets – through the application of research, design and technical development. Students will finish the course competent in: Research & Analysis methods Understanding of UX best practice UX processes – Research & analysis methods User/Human-centred design processes Information architecture Creative software tools Visual design principles User Interface (UI) components & design patterns Wireframing, low-fidelity mockups & rapid prototyping Identifying front-end web technologies (Note: This course is not a web development course) Project management, workflow & handover processes Usability testing & validation
    Deposit£500

Minimum Skill LevelNone but encourages students to show evidence of interest in design, technology or related fields
  • UX Fundamentals Workshop

Cost£600
    LocationBristol
    Course Overview Design is the name we give to the task of creating something useful and beautiful. It relies on a multi-disciplinary approach that includes: user research and testing; interface design & brand. Design for digital – ‘Useful, Beautiful, Digital’. Day 1: Research & discovery Intro Business & brand User research methods Communicating the User Experience Day 2: Design & testing Intro Concept & prototyping Graphic design & interaction design Testing designs Instructors Jointly run by digital designer Matt French and UX consultant Stuart Church. They have worked together for over a decade for clients including Sky, The NHS, The office for National Statistics and Bristol University. Matt French specialises in graphic and interaction design, and is Head of Design at the award winning agency 3Sixty. Stuart Church is a UX consultant specialising in UX research & design prototyping and is a founder of The Bristol Usability Group and UX Bristol Conference. With these complimentary skillsets, their aim is provide a course that demonstrates a holistic approach to User Experience design. Workshop Curriculum Day 1 – Research & discovery Introduction to User Experience We explore the foundations of User Experience. It’s history, terminology and some of the key concepts that frame how we approach design problems. We also discuss the use (and mis-use) of different design processes from waterfall to agile. Business & brand We explore what success means and how we capture an ‘experience vision’ for how the design should benefit customers and users. Often a political process, it involves research and exploration of internal business goals and strategies, and aligning these views towards a common design goal. User research techniques Capturing requirements is vital for establishing a clear vision for the design of a website or application. However, knowing when to do research and what types of methods to use can be a minefield. In this session, we explore practical methods for gaining insights into user goals, attitudes and behaviours. These include online surveys, web analytics and contextual research. Communicating UX The translation of research findings into actionable insights is one of the great challenges of design. In this session, we explore the importance of communication and collaboration, and consider different methods and techniques for effectively communicating research insights (e.g. personas, task models, user journeys) Day 2 – Design & testing Intro Why design & test? Internet, web standards, mobile web 1st, apps. Interaction design: utility & beauty Design principles Brand archetypes The brief Concept & Prototyping High level workflow: (Brief to HTML templates). Familiarisation with key tools such as UX Pin and InVision Review UX research (activity) Sketch user journey(s) (activity) Prototyping & testing (activity) Art direction & Style tiles (activity) Type specs & grids. Designing for personas. Writing content for the web. Interaction design / animation Graphic & Interaction design Trends in design. (Material design) Modular design (components). HTML style guide Responsive design. Hierarchy & visual tension. Type on the web. Buttons, links & CTA’s Forms & validation Testing What to measure? Planning & recruitment Moderated testing Remote moderated testing Unmoderated testing AB & MV testing Satisfactions metrics Semantic differentials Eyetracking
    Refund / Guarantee14 Day Cooling Off Period From Purchase
  • Mark Harrison • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

I chose DevelopMe because their curriculum offered a broad introduction to full stack web development.  Their programme delivery was excellent in terms of teaching content and quality of instructors.  Instructors was highly knowledgeable and supportive but students were never spoon fed learning.  The three month bootcamp was always challenging and very rewarding.

DevelopMe organised a number of internship interviews for me on completion of my course, one of which led to full time employment as a junior web developer.

DevelopMe's course content and style of teaching prepared me for the kinds of challenge I now face as a junior developer.  I would recommend the course to motivated learners who are able to sustain the intense pace of learning offered by this three month bootcamp.

• Kye • Web Developer/Teaching Assistant • Graduate

If you're looking for a direct route into web development then the Coding Fellowship is definitely for you. The course teaches you the latest web technologies and best practices which you can use to build fantastic projects, all whilst collaborating with like-minded people looking to get the most out of the experience.

The teachers are all industry experts and genuinely care about your learning experience. The people there are amazing and a lot of work is put in to ensure the course content remains up-to-date and relevant. Develop Me keep the cohort size small which means you are well looked after, you are never without support from either your teacher, teaching assistant, mentor or fellow students.

The support does not stop when the course ends, you are matched with a number of tech companies all of which are offering a 3 month internship to succesful candidates. Develop Me help you write your CV and conduct mock interviews which are especially useful to those who haven't experienced a technical interview before (they're not that scary really).

In the end I had 3 job offers out of 4. Develop Me displayed the ultimate show of faith in their Fellowship programme by offering me a Developer/Teaching Assistant internship. I'm now 2 weeks into my job there and it has to be said that this is the best decision I've made.

Attend one of the introductory evenings and I promise you won't regret it!

• Liz • Junior Developer • Graduate

I am currently one week into my new job that I secured after completeing the 12-week Bootcamp courrse in Bristol with DevelopMe and I couldn't be happier.

Choosing to study on this Bootcamp was the best choice I ever made, and I feel so lucky to have got on it. The people who run DevelopMe_ are really good people, they work hard to get you the best placement possible, and always have your best interests at heart.

The course is definitely very intense, but I loved every week, even when I struggled which was most of the time. We had a different teacher for each subject, which was normally every 1-2 weeks, and they were incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable and accomplishd professionals in the industry. I felt very lucky to be getting their expertise and advice each week.

This course is perfect for anyone who has looked at some tutorials or challenges online and feels addicted already! It's definitely an advantage to studay outside of the normal working hours too. But all the hard work paid off, DevelopMe_ set me up with 6 interviews at different companies, and I had a few offers which I had to choose between - I had never been in this position before in my former working life, and although really hard to choose, obviously I was so happy.

Now in my new job, my colleagues and team are so lovely and helpful, really generous with their time, and I feel as though DevelopMe_ has given me a life-long passion for learning more. From the first moment I decided to join this Bootcamp I've had no regrets I would recommend this course to everyone that is interested in programming!

• Arthur G • Intern Web/App developer • Graduate

I was looking for a way to get into web development and after deciding to forgo a three-year Computer Science degree (which would have been a lot more expensive and time-consuming) I decided to go for the DevelopMe full-stack  fellowship after attending a taster evening. I had little to no experience in development or programming , but the quality of tutoring and materials covered during the intensive 3-month course brought me up to speed to comfortably work with most of the most popular and relevant development tools and frameworks available today including but not limited to HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, Laravel, Wordpress and Drupal.

Learning in a relaxed and creative environment  of the Paintworks HQ, made the fellowship a breath of fresh air, as there are no stuffy lecture rooms and the class sizes are kept to a smaller, more cohesive groups. This allows for more attention paid to each student group and easier to collaborate and socialise with other students. The Job support has been great and I managed to secure an internship with one of DevelopMe's partner companies.  As part of the fellowship, the mentorship programme matches up each student with industry specialists to act as mentors and help with any questions about the world of development and give career advice. The only thing that potential candidates need to be aware of that this is an intensive course and requires a lot of effort and extra reading to make the most of the material. It is recommended to attend one of the taster sessions to see what the course is about and get to know the tutors in person.

The fellowship has definitely been a life-changing experience and I recommend it to anyone looking to make a career- switch into the world of web development!

• Joanne Basa • Graduate

I came from another country then moved to the UK; did a different job for more than a decade then decided to pursue something that both terrified and intrigued me: web development. It took years of hesitation and then I finally made the jump--- and that jump was the biggest, yet the most rewarding and one of the best life choices I have ever made.

I migrated from the Philippines and worked as an intensive care nurse for the NHS for a good number of years when I realised I have not abandoned that desire to study web development. If there is something I always see in my (previous) line of work, it's that you need to be able to live life fully because we only live once. I then looked for schools that can teach me web development, there are a a couple but I decided to go with DevelopMe's Coding Fellowship. It is a 12-week, full-time, in-person, hands-on full-stack web development course taught in Bristol. They certainly knew what they were doing. Lessons were taught by really good teachers-- really seasoned developers who knew how to impart that experience & knowledge to other people; complete beginners. They taught the "trinity" of front-end web development: HTML, CSS (and SASS) and JS (my favourite week EVER). And there were really solid back-end stuff and other technologies: PHP, React + Redux, Laravel, Git, WordPress and Drupal. It was never easy, but I was never alone. I felt overwhelmed-- but I felt supported. Our class size was small (9 students), and was taught closely since we were only 9. We even had a mentor each, and my mentor helped me a lot when I want to clarify some concept I encounter in the classroom (usually when I wrote so fast I can't understand my own handwriting!). I asked every newbie question, made every newbie coding blunder imaginable yet I found that they were always there to guide me and my classmates. 12 weeks seems a lot but it really goes by quite quickly. And they make sure to do weekly 1-on-1 sessions as to how we were coping, feedback on the lesson and the teacher for that week, and feedback from our teacher as to how we are progressing. Those sessions gave me an insight as to how I can learn and cope better: and it truly consolidated my learning.

DevelopMe has given me that initial foundation to be able to drive myself in a career direction I never thought possible. With their help, I managed to do a 3 month paid internship in a healthcare digital agency and I have found that healthcare and web development can exist in one package-- and I found my dream niche. I have then left in order to move to Manchester and I carry with me every single thing they taught me. The entire experience taught me how to code, and I also learned to persevere, and to remember that I can help other people in an entirely different perspective now. I could not thank them enough for the entire experience.

• Nat • Junior Web Developer • Graduate

The course was very stimulating and challenging.  All the teachers are experts in what they do, approachable and more than willing to help. Oli and Pete, the course directors are very supportive and helpful. I just started my placement two weeks ago and I’m loving the work and excited to continue learning. DevelopMe has been a great experience in my life.

• Tom Bale • Junior Developer • Graduate

Coming from a Tech Recruitment background I was looking for a way to get into the world of Web Development and coding but with very little idea of how to go about it. The Coding Fellowship provided me with exactly what I was looking for.

The course covers the full stack of the most current and widely used languages and technologies from HTML, CSS and Javascript through PHP and MySQL and relevent frameworks like Angular and Ionic. The teaching from day one was exceptional. I was part of a small class of very inexperienced wide-eyed students feeling more than a little bit daunted about what lay ahead. Thankfully, every one of the teachers we had pitched the syllabus at the perfect level for us. The small class size meant that it felt like being taught one on one and we all got a huge amount of contact time. The teachers were all highly experienced industry professionals with a wealth of knowledge. They had clearly spent a huge amount of time planning each day of teaching for us and as a result we all picked up even the most complex concepts on the course.

Outside of the classroom we were all paired up with an industry mentor who we were encouraged to meet on a fortnightly basis. These meetups provided me with a further source of learning and a person outside of the classroom to challenge me and help me to understand what I was trying to get out of the course and what I wanted from my future career. Furthermore there are a huge number of social tech meetups in the Bristol area that DevelopMe gives you a list of an encourages you to attend on a weekly basis. These gave us all opportunties to meet likeminded people and write code with others to advance our learning.

Now that I have completed the Coding Fellowship I am about to begin a 3 month work placement with a local tech company. DevelopMe set up interviews for all of us at the end of the course and took us through interview prep before we attended them. This support meant that I was well prepared for the interviews and ended up being offered a place at my number one choice. I would highly recommend the Coding Fellowship for anyone looking to make the move into the world of Web Development. Whilst the course is a substantial investement of both money and time I can honestly say that I would not be where I am today without DevelopMe!

• Pete Thomas • Junior Developer • Graduate

As a 34 year old teacher and musician looking for a new direction, the Coding Fellowship was attractive as it promised a focused, streamlined route into the web development industry. Having increasing time commitments, a year long course seemed an impossibility, and unjustifiable without the eventual promise of work and a return on the investment.

The course was highly stimulating and challenging. The Coding Fellowship covers the full stack, with everything from HTML, CSS and Javascript to PHP and MySQL, content management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal and frameworks such as AngularJS and Laravel. The instructors included some of the most clear thinking and smart people I’ve ever encountered, who were able to challenge us conceptually as well as advise us more practically, drawing on their long experience of the industry. It seems that there is a commitment to remaining relevant to the industry as, comparing notes with previous and current students, the content of the course seems to change with each cohort.

Most impressively, the level of support that each of us received was of a quality that I’ve not experienced in education before. The class size was small which meant that the teachers were able to get to know us, individually and as a group, and pitch the content to our needs and strengths. We had weekly one-to-ones with the team and I felt that any feedback I had was welcome, encouraged and taken on board. We were also given industry mentors who were keen to meet and share their experience - a nice touch.

Aside from coding, we were given practice at the daunting world of technical interviews. Following the course, Developme organised four interviews with local companies, all of which I felt well prepared for and it seemed I was well received. I’m now three weeks into my first job in the industry and, although it’s a challenge and there’s a long road to becoming an expert, I feel well prepared and able to tackle the majority of problems put my way. Most importantly, I’m loving the work and excited to continue learning. The Coding Fellowship is without doubt a significant commitment of time, energy and money but is a decision that - I’m pleased to report - is proving to have been an excellent one.

• Nick Bass • junior web developer

Having dropped out of uni, not liking my degree, I thought a coding course would be the best option, partly out of interest and partly to find a career direction. Even if you don't have any experience, by the end of the course everyone felt they were confident when it came to programming/coding. I couldn't of wished for a better cohort of teachers and students. This is an intensive course, so be prepared to work, but the results are rewarding. I would definitly recommend developMe to anyone who wants to get into the industry.

• Jamie Forsyth • Junior Developer • Graduate

If you're looking to get into web development starting from scratch, this is the course for you. It has excellent tuition, a great and varied curriculum, and sets you up with a paid placement at the end of the course to gain that invaluable experience needed to kick start your career. This is a very intensive course, and if considering enrolling you should be prepared to work extremely hard over the 12 week period out get the best out of it.

Overall, this has been a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get in to web development.

• Sarah • Graduate

If you're interested in becoming a web developer and are ready to work hard this course will suit you perfectly. I came into this course looking for a total career change so I could start working in a new and interesting field. I had zero experience in web development but knew it would be something that would suit me. The course is intense and fast paced but if you focus and put in some hard work you will get a lot out of it. The teaching was delievered by industry experts and was of a high standard. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions, get advice and we got lots of material to work with. Pete and Oli, the course directors were always there to help and I found that they were incredibly supportive and helpful when I needed a bit more guidance. After three months of intense learning we are now all starting or about to start our placements. I think the best thing about this course is that after just three months you will have an opportunity to be in a working environement where you can learn more and get work experience which is incredibly valuable. It was a big risk for me to step away from my old career and start something so new in an intensive learning setting but I am so glad I did it. I feel it has set me up for a successful new career in something I actually enjoy and all of that in such a short amount of time! I'm really happy I did this course and highly recommend it.

• Elizabeth Rollo • Graduate

Oli & Pete have really thought through all the elements of this course to ensure that its members feel supported in their entry to the 'real-world' of web development: the mentoring system; the weekly feedback; the work placement; and the fact that each course tutor was currently working in their chosen field and therefore able to offer genuine insight into contemporary 'pro' tools and tricks, meant that despite the course's relative brevity its effectiveness at preparing its students for a career in web development has felt incredibly strong.

Would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking to move quickly into this field!

DevelopMe_ Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at DevelopMe_, 97% graduated. 94% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $30,294. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 33 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

We are UK-based bootcamp, please note salary is reported in USD not GBP. GBP starting salary average is £23,200.