data-science-dream-job-logo

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes. The course is designed and run by Kyle McKiou who used similar techniques to launch his own career in data science.

There is no admissions process to be admitted to Data Science Dream Job – there is open enrollment for anybody that wants to join. Applicants must fill out an online form and enter their payment information to begin the course.

Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course. The program provides guidance for students preparing their resumes, LinkedIn accounts, and Github profiles, as well as advice for interviewing, networking, and communicating with recruiters. Students will also receive preparation for technical screens, take-home assignments, and coding challenges.

Recent Data Science Dream Job Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (29) reviews for Data Science Dream Job →

Recent Data Science Dream Job News

• Full Course

Tuition PlansA 6-month payment plan to spread out the payments.
      Refund / GuaranteeData Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone
      Prep WorkNone

• Dominick Russo  User Photo
      Dominick Russo • Data Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      DSDJ is a full-service, step-by-step guide for a data science career whether you are a beginner or have experience to build on. I started DSDJ with no relevant data science education or experience after a few months of self-study that had me feeling lost and overwhelmed. The course laid out, step-by-step, all the skills to learn and topics to study. From technical skills to personal/career growth, DSDJ has you covered with the core learning modules, live mentorship webinars, live online office hours, technical workshops, data science projects, knowledgeable and responsive mentors, and a helpful community with members at all levels. Thanks to DSDJ, I went from no relevant experience or education to working as a data analyst in less than a year. The best part is that DSDJ is a lifetime membership, so I can continue to use the entire course and have access to mentorship as I continue to build skills and grow towards becoming a data scientist. Best career investment I could have made!
    • Adrián González  User Photo
      Adrián González • Agricultural Engineer - Data Scientist • Verified via LinkedIn
      One of the outstanding features of DSDJ  is that provides participants with a timely overview of the latest innovations in the fast moving field of Data Science. They also offer the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of current applications as well as key principles to help in the analysis of both present challenges and future developments. The core knowledge of the field is covered through a series of online video classes equipped with a complementary blend of theory, analysis, and applications. Accompanying all of the above, there are the weekly office hours with DSDJ mentors; and the slack group, which nearly in real time provide you timely advising whether in statistics, job interviews, technical issues, resume + cover letters , etc. Finally, I think this wonderful platform is designed to meet a broad, multidisciplinary range of participants backgrounds and interest.
    • Helpful Group
      - 2/17/2020
      Luv Suneja  User Photo
      Luv Suneja • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My experience has been very good with DSDJ. Kyle has painstakingly designed a thorough course solely aimed at obtaining a Data Science job. The DSDJ slack group is very helpful. The online video mentoring calls were definitely motivating. I eventually landed an intern role at a major logistics firm which I converted into a full time Data Scientist position.
    • Bishwaraj Dey  User Photo
      Bishwaraj Dey • Machine Learning Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
      DSDJ is a well structured course. They have it all covered, and the course is my go-to guide for my queries. Mentors are always available for help, and the community is awesome. There were very few issues I had. One of it was the lack of Deep Learning expertise in the community. The other was getting irrelevant links and reference as answers to the questions I ask in slack group.
    • Anushree   User Photo
      Anushree • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course was a complete end-to-end steps to become a data scientist. I owe my success of being a data science intern and finally getting a full-time job as a data science developer to the DSDJ and the entire community. I constantly apply Kyle's advice on my day-to-day life, listen to weekly mentoring sessions and technical session in ML when I have the time. I particularly love the 1-1 office hours. Everyone is really welcoming and supportive. Thanks for creating such an elaborate and awesome course! :)
    • Bharath  User Photo
      Bharath • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Joining the course is the best decision and lifetime investment I have ever made.  Without Kyles Advice and mentoring sessions I wouldn't have been where I am now. With this course, you will get access to interact with the community of like-minded people that are continuous learners. If I look back, I have totally changed the way I think about things and opportunities because of the lessons learned from this program. Thanks to kyle and the mentors for coming up with an amazing course structure.

• Lifetime Value
      - 1/28/2020
      Alex Lim  User Photo
      Alex Lim • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I completed this course almost one year ago, but am still applying the lessons and ways of thinking I’ve learned from the course every single day. The course layout was extremely engaging, but the best part was the unwavering support and positivity from the community and mentors. They all genuinely care for every member’s professional AND personal development. If you’re willing to put in the work and apply the lessons, it will definitely transform your career and mindset. I still think it was the best money I’ve spent towards my career goals!

• Navya Mekera  User Photo
      Navya Mekera • Lead Marketing Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

If not for DSDJ, I would have settled for a far less comfortable job and life. But this program makes you realize what you're worth.

The field of data science is overwhelming. I had been trying so hard for months to find the "right" guide to landing my first job as a data professional. I had skimmed through courses on Kaggle, YouTube etc. I personally reached out to hundreds of professionals in the data science community on Twitter, on LinkedIn, to see if I can find a mentor. I had applied to at least 1000 jobs and I was disheartened about the lack of return on my countless hours of efforts.

And then DSDJ happened.

I learnt that landing a job is so much more than having the right technical skills. I was able to channel my energy in the right direction and landed a 6 figure offer. The course offers the kind of mentorship and guidance I was unable to find anywhere else, and that I was so desperately seeking.

I'll be honest, I was hesitant at first, I was afraid this is just going to be another failed effort. But frankly I felt like I was running out of things to try and signed up anyway, and it turned out to be the best decisions I made.

• Segun Adelowo  User Photo
      Segun Adelowo • Data scientist • Verified via LinkedIn

DSDJ helps remove the frustration in learning Data science, the mentorship program makes sure you are taking the right steps towards your data science goals. The mentors are very knowledgable about data science and the application of it to solve business problems. You are never alone! :)

• Revathi Kanduri  User Photo
      Revathi Kanduri • Aspiring data scientist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

i don't want to say this is a course for data Scientists alone to partake. Yes all the technical resources are about data science but I believe the true power of this course is in guiding us on how to reshape our thinking , our limitations we set in achieving our goal.
      It has tools and techniques on how to make our self image into what we want to become, how to change our mindset from any failing experience into a learning one, how to cope up with your ambitious goals by working little every day, keeping yourself positive and maintaining that same environment around you.
      If you are trying to do a career shift like me, and need an understanding how to break into this new field then get on. If you have a friend who wants to get into data science tag him/her along. You both would get benefit out of this.
      I feel this course had opened up a channel of unlocked potential in me, to be resilient and continue pursuing my dream.

• Preet Rajdeo  User Photo
      Preet Rajdeo • Verified via LinkedIn

DSDJ is perfect for someone who's mastered the foundations of data science and wants to take it a step ahead. They make no qualms about letting you know how difficult it is to become a data scientist - its hard and they know it but they give you the resources to master the data science skillset, provide you with more than enough resources, mentorship and the support of like-minded people who're on the same journey as you are.

Its a great course!

• Data Scientist, NLP
      - 11/19/2019
      Lediona Nishani  User Photo
      Lediona Nishani • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This is one of the best  investment that you can do fo your career if you want to break into data science. The full course teaches you not only technical skills to crush interviews, but helps develop your mindset so that when you go to the interviews you are confident that you are going to crush every touvh question asked at you. It teaches the whole process from the early stage interviews, what to expect and how to prep for technical interviews, take home assignments, hackerrank challenges till the onsite interviews. After passing the onsite ,m there is another really crucial step Negotiation. This skill one of the moist critical one to develop if you wanna have successful career and climb data science ladder quickly. Early negotiation can positively impact and compound all your career.
      And one other component is the community created in the courcse through slack channel. You can have the response for every question or help when you re stuck in your code. The best data science commiunity ever, and you will be connected with these amazing humans for life even after getting that dream Job. Everybody can do it!!!

• Thiago do Couto  User Photo
      Thiago do Couto • CTO • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Being direct as I am: I've made five of the most TOP non-free Data Science courses online and I really can't compare DSDJ with any of them. I would be dishonest with the comparison. The fulfillment of its purpose, the followup, the mentoring program, the community (the community deserves a dedicated post - it's awesome), the support from the tutors and the portfolio drive-through exceeds (a lot) the original objective.

• Jeff Anderson  User Photo
      Jeff Anderson • Principal Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn

This course is great at so many levels it's hard to do it justice.  It is not just a great technical training program.  And it is that.  On top of that it is a:

Mentoring Program

Resume / LinkedIn review and direction

Interview prep and practice

Incredibly responsive support

Life coaching

An active community of members supporting each other.

I am now teaching Data Analytics at Rice University and just finished my first ever conference speech at DatascienceGo 2019 all thanks to the hard work and the awesome DSDJ family.  I can't wait to finish and see what comes next!

• Anup Ch • Data Scientist • Student
      This is an excellent course work for anyone to land in their dream job. Though the focus is on Data Science, you can use this course work to learn any skill
    • David Tello • Student

Starting out in Data Science is difficult as there is a lot of information out there but no road map to navigate it.  DSDJ has a great community where you can interact and exchange ideas with people around the world.  The instructors are friendly and very approachable.  There are multiple numbers of office hours sessions where one can interact with them.  Overall it is worth the money.

• Great investment
      - 1/26/2020
      Aaron • Graduate

I took part in Data Science Dream Job in mid-2018.
      The program was extremely helpful with respect to data science interviews.
      After completing the course I obtained several full time data science offers.
      I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to break in to the data science domain.

• DSDJ Student
      - 1/17/2020
      Laura Le • MS Business Analytics student • Graduate

I am still on the progress of studying this course but it is totally amazing. This course is not only teach you about how to find the job, revise your resume but it is very detail from helping you to build a right mindset, motivation, good habits at the beginning to conquer the data science dream job journey. I believe that I will get a lot of valuable knowledge when I finish this course.

• Soumya Agrawal

This group has been very helpful for me. All the mentors are always ready to help you with anything that you need. When you post a question on the group within 2-3 minutes you get a reply with suggestions and resources! All the mentors are super supportive and motivational.

• Subhash Daggubati • Student

DSDJ is a very special and a lot different from other courses because it focuses on improving the quality of life, quality of learning along with the technical stuff. And the slack community where data science enthusiasts help each other in shaping their data science careers is amazing! I highly recommend DSDJ to anyone who wants to be successful in your life.

• A Great Course!
      - 11/29/2019
      Alena Nazarava • Data Scientist • Graduate

Everything is great about this course:

1) the strategy, whether you want to become a data scientist or whether you literally want to find your dream job and get a high salary.

2) community itself, very nice and enthusiastic people, that are ready to help you with all your questions.

3) all sources, guidance, lessons and templates are really helpful and useful.

It was a great investment!

• Full Course
      - 11/15/2019
      Gail Wittich • Student

DSDJ is so much more that data science. The support and surrounding material ensures you learn and get the skills as fast as possible. Love it.

• Mentorship
      - 11/5/2019
      YD • Consulting • Graduate
      For anyone out there who is looking for a mentor but doesn't know how to find one, this course is for you. You can get lots of mentorship and the rest of success is in your hands.
    • Best Investment
      - 10/28/2019
      Noelle

After grduating with my master's degree and going months with no job leads, I decided it was time to invest in my career and signed up for this course. I cannot say enough good things about this program! It completely changed my mindset about my worth and I started getting way more interviews (and knew exactly how to ace them!). The support from the staff is incredible and the community is such a plus as well. If you are struggling to get ahead in your data science/analytics job search, I would highly recommend Data Science Dream Job.

• SDas • Graduate

I would say the DSDJ is a wonderful community where one can be really confident and learn about data science.

DSDJ had a team of really helpful people who really help one to know everything about data science as well as preparing for interview. I really liked the community feeling and the way people help each other. The videos are really great as well. They have unlimited number of office hours where you can ask all your questions directly to the mentors which is pretty awesome!!! Thanks @Harpreet for helping me so much during my job search process. I would highly recommend this community.