Data Science Dream Job
Data Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes. The course is designed and run by Kyle McKiou who used similar techniques to launch his own career in data science.
There is no admissions process to be admitted to Data Science Dream Job – there is open enrollment for anybody that wants to join. Applicants must fill out an online form and enter their payment information to begin the course.
Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course. The program provides guidance for students preparing their resumes, LinkedIn accounts, and Github profiles, as well as advice for interviewing, networking, and communicating with recruiters. Students will also receive preparation for technical screens, take-home assignments, and coding challenges.
Recent Data Science Dream Job Reviews: Rating 4.92
Recent Data Science Dream Job News
- Data Science, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,997 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans A 6-month payment plan to spread out the payments. Refund / Guarantee Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course.
Minimum Skill Level None Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
Data Science Dream Job Reviews
122 reviews sorted by:
- Student- 1/18/2021Eveline • Research Analyst • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubLife-changing! The community is very helpful and friendly! I still keep in touch with my mentor and mates.
I found the course when I was doing my master degree and looking for a job at the same time.
It took me 8 months (with 3 months of break) to get my dream job. I did my project in one month, my favourite project so far!
At first, I was very motivated, but life gets in the way (I was focus on my studies) and I had a break for a few months.
Then, I ask myself (about what should I do after I finish my studies and which way that I should go, I was overwhelmed with the data science field, it is very broad and will make me ask many times about my interest since everything is interesting!
I spoke to a few lads in the community and they encouraged me to go back on the course track and talk with one of the mentors. I did. I followed the modules and keep doing the best things that I can do. I changed my mindset, be patience, made myself enjoy the process, talked with positive people, be curious and connect to awesome people. I even did my internship, saying yes to everything constructive.
My advice, if you want to take the course, please keep going, be proactive and open (to everything!). But do not forget to keep the balance as well, like Albert's quote: "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
- Good step by step for data scientist job- 7/21/2020JEROME JOSHUA • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am an international student and it was very hard to get into to data science field even though I am pursuing a master's degree in data science. The good part about this course it creates you proper atmosphere before going into the technical aspect and they don't teach data science stuff but provide links for some better courses online which are really great courses. After going through technical, they give step by step on building portfolios, LinkedIn , resume building which really matters in the job search and really had a great conversion to my job search compared before joining the program. I hope I will land a job as a data scientist soon and will definitely feel thankful for DSDJ.
- The Right place to become a Data Scientist- 7/7/2020Girish Pai • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInData Science Dream Job is an online educational platform where the real world experienced Data science professionals mentor the students to become Data Scientists / Data Science Professionals. There is a learning community who are very helpful and resourceful. All the mentors here coach their students at every step of the journey to become a good skilled data science professional, guiding the students in building their portfolio projects and resume building and help to face the interview process and also help in building professional networks, ultimately leading to landing in a dream job. Hence my rating would be obviously a 5 star !!!
- Rating- 7/6/2020Paravaikkarasu • Graduate • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis is one of the programme where the nook and corners of data science steps can be learnt and implemented. This is full of steps to learn about the data science world rather than dealing with only technical stuff. Every module is helpful especially the last three modules which are related to resume, LinkedIn and GitHub give one step ahead when compared to the rest of the applicants.
- Love the course so far!- 7/4/2020Rohan Chandra • Graduate • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI love the course so far, especially its inner focus and how it prioritized getting clear on what exactly you want.
I was very confused about which INDUSTRY I wanted to work with but am getting clearer and clearer and clearer as I work through the course.
Thank you DSDJ, looking forward to take the rest if the course and land my dream job as a data scientist making $100000 a year in Los Angeles, California by the end of July!
- Awesome!!!- 6/30/2020Jean-Philippe Pitteloud • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program is awesome from a mentorship perspective, it goes a long way making students confident in their abilities and with a positive mindset. Kyle and the staff do an amazing job sharing their experiences and making sure students are ready to face the job market. I am still going through the material at a slower rate than what I initially wished due to the virus crisis and many other things, but I am very excited to get the max out of the program and the instructors. Networking is also great through the slack channels and I feel a lot of camaraderie between the students and with the mentors
- A strong community of aspiring data scientist!- 6/30/2020Rushikesh • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI Joined DSDJ back in April 2019. The one thing i absolutely adore about this course is the mentoring calls and hyperactive slack community. The course isn't directly about teaching you data science (except for the technical workshops, they are super awesome) but provides adequate enough resources and support that one can be a great data scientist. I also love the part that you can set up mock interviews with your peers. It really helped me in the actual interviews.
- Shivali • Verified via GitHub
- This course will really shape your career in a positive way, even if you are not looking for a job there are ton of resources and help from the community that will help you do better at your current job. It has helped me a lot to do great in my current job even though I have not yet jumped into data science totally. I would suggest this course if someone is really looking to break in the data science field and pace their way to success in a short span of time.
- Data Analyst- 6/27/2020Shafeeq Ur Rahaman • Senior Data Analyst • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- I joined very early, it was a huge investment, but definitely worth it!
Coming out of a graduate program, I tried to break into the field of Data Science back in 2018. DSDJ helped me to transform my mindset (I particularly enjoyed those recommended readings that are not data-science-related). The program focuses on "finding your first data science job", less on "improving your data science skills". Through the project, I learned to repackage the skills I already had from graduate school, polished my portfolio, and formulated a more concrete plan on job searching.
The program is also a very good support group, many members in the slack workspace are eager to learn and to help. One of the current mentors helped me with a mock interview before I interviewed for my first and current job. The interview clips with recruiters, the resume template and feedbacks, and tips to improve LinkedIn profiles are also very helpful. In a research-oriented PhD program, these nuances weren't taught in an organized fashion, and DSDJ just did that for me.
Even almost 2 years into my job, I still log back to the DSDJ website/slack to just hoping to learn something new.