co.lab-logo

Co.Lab

Co.Lab

Co.Lab is an 8-week hands-on, team-based tech training program with individual tracks for Product Managers, Designers, and Developers. Co.Lab students are placed into agile product teams, with each group consisting of a Product Manager, UX/UI/Product Designer, two Software Engineers, and an Industry Mentor. Students then collaborate to go from ideation to MVP launch within eight weeks.

In addition to putting their discipline-specific skills into practice, Co.Lab students get the full end-to-end experience within an actual product team. They get to work in an agile environment, conduct sprint planning, road mapping, team retrospectives, negotiate scope, and implement trade-offs between team members. They also receive dedicated mentorship and guidance on their disciplines and their specific product. Co.Lab mentors are from companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft, Linkedin and many more top tech companies.

All Co.Lab students receive full access to over 15 classes taught by top leaders currently in the industry in companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Guild Education, WealthSimple and many more. Upon completion of the program, students will showcase their products during a live Demo Day and get feedback from the community and will get the chance to network with recruiters and hiring managers.

Recent Co.Lab Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (9) reviews for Co.Lab →

Recent Co.Lab News

• Co.Lab Product Design Bootcamp

Networking, Front End, Design, User Experience Design
    The Co.Lab Product Design bootcamp is designed for UX/UI designers looking to get practical, team-based experience. Students are put into product teams with their own Product Manager and Software Engineers. Over the course of eight-weeks, students will take a product from ideation to launch using personas, journeys, and mockups. The Co.Lab Product Design bootcamp is open to applicants with bootcamp level experience or above. Students in Co.Lab's Product Design track will experience the role of a UX/UI Designer within the end-to-end software development lifecycle. You will get to decide on problem spaces, conduct user research, synthesize feedback, design, and ultimately ensure your designs are implemented and brought to life. Beyond that, you'll get to work with Engineers and Product Managers, to prioritize, scope and ultimately ship a functioning MVP.
    2-month payment plans available.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants should have some experience with design, whether that's from a bootcamp or self-taught with a few projects to show for it.
  • Co.Lab Product Management Training Program

Networking, Product Management, Agile
    The best way to learn product management is to build products and the Co.Lab Product Management program provides the practical experience that prepares candidates to succeed at the job. Throughout the eight weeks, students in Co.Lab's Product Management track will experience the role of a PM in an end-to-end software development lifecycle. They will get to discover problem spaces, align their team via product documentation and written specs, and manage a team roadmap. Beyond that, they get to work across product design and engineering to prioritize, scope and ultimately ship a functioning MVP. What You'll learn (&Do!): - Product Management fundamentals - Analysing problem spaces - Conducting user research - Synthesizing Customer Pain Points - Executing Development Sprints - Implementing Lo-fi & Hi-fi Designs with a Junior Designer - Agile Product Planning - Creating Scenarios, User Stories & Tasks - Building an MVP with Junior Developers - Creating Product Documentation and Specs - Aligning your Remote Team - Standing out with real-world, team experience
    2-month payment plans are available.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe Co.Lab Product Management track is beginner-friendly, though best suited for those with at least 1-2 years of experience in leadership settings and/or professional working experience.
  • Co.Lab Software Developer Bootcamp

The Co.Lab Software Developer bootcamp is designed for Developers looking to get practical, team-based experience. Students are put into agile product teams with their own Product Manager and Product Designer. Over the course of eight weeks, students will take a product from ideation to launch, choosing their own tech stack and going through feature estimation and iteration. The Co.Lab Software Developer bootcamp is open to applicants with bootcamp level experience or above. Students in Co.Lab's Software Development track will really step into the role of an engineer within an actual tech environment. You will get to decide on problem spaces, partake in conducting user research, work to implement designs, and communicate the impact of what you've built on an end customer. Beyond that, you'll get to work with Designers and Product Managers, to prioritize, scope and ultimately ship a functioning MVP. Students in Co.Lab's Software Development track will really step into the role of an engineer within an actual tech environment. You will get to decide on problem spaces, partake in conducting user research, work to implement designs, and communicate the impact of what you've built on an end customer. Beyond that, you'll get to work with Designers and Product Managers, to prioritize, scope and ultimately ship a functioning MVP.
    2-month payment plans are available.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants should have some experience with development, whether that's from a bootcamp or self-taught with a few projects to show for it.
  • Product Designer
    - 8/18/2021
    Solmas  User Photo
    Solmas • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Co.Lab was an incredible experience. Going into the program I was hoping to reignite my love of working on a team after a lonely year of freelancing, I was hoping to gain confidence, and I wanted a portfolio piece I could really speak to, especially during job interviews.

I can confidently say that I got all of that and so much more out of the program. With Co.Lab I got to work on a team with a Product Manager and two developers and together we created a product called Podball that helps podcasters speed up their editing workflow. This was all accomplished with the help of mentors and workshops as well as a whole community of other designers, developers and product managers to reach out to throughout the process.

I came into the program with over three years experience as a UX /web designer, but I knew I needed something more to really get the attention of the kind of employers I was after. I can tell you that the case study and subsequent portfolio piece presentation I did on our product Podball was key to helping me impress during interviews and ultimately helped me land my new full-time role as Web Designer at an established marketing tech company. If I have any complaints, it's that I wish Co.Lab had been around when I was fresh out of my bootcamp!
  • Karen Swyszcz  User Photo
    Karen Swyszcz • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Participating in the PM track has been the highlight of my year thus far. I am so glad I decided to push myself outside of my comfort zone. This program has provided such great support from not just the mentors and my team, but the entire community.  I found it to be quite an intense program, but in a good way. I learned how to work collaboratively with a designer and two developers to create a functional MVP.

I am proud of what our team has built over the past 5 weeks and am excited to continue working on further developing our product to improve the editing efficiency of podcasters.
  • Denvinn Magsin  User Photo
    Denvinn Magsin • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    You can get SO much out of this program. In the course of 5 weeks I developed an application with a designer and a product manager. This experience gave me a sneak peak on how it is to work with a team and to construct my own goals. I grew not only as a developer but also as a team player. 10/10 would do again.

My favorite part of this whole journey was not just developing a real application but when I got to show off what I worked on.
    In the last week of this program, your team will present what you've been working on to people who have experience in the industry. (JOB OPPORTUNITY/BETTER CONNECTIONS)

Now this is just my experience. You get what you put in.
  • Karo Oki  User Photo
    Karo Oki • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was a fantastic journey and it provided me the combination of practical experience and community support that I never would have gotten elsewhere. Immensely grateful for the opportunity because all I have to do now is build on my existing experience. This course empowered me and I am no longer having to start from scratch. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for experience.
  • Amazing
    - 5/14/2022
    Masih • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate
    At Co.Lab I worked with a talented cross-functional team to build a product from the ground up! I owned my role as a software developer and jumped right into gaining real-life experience in tech.

Co.Lab seemed like a dream to me, before I joined it was like it sounds too good to be true!  it was!
    I'm so glad I invested in myself by joining CoLab and working with such a fantastic team!

Our mentor, kept track of our progress each week and attempted to assist us. On the other side the Co.Lab support team has been quite helpful in guiding and assisting me.

I highly recommend the Co.Lab
  • Usra Abid • Graduate
    As someone who received their background in tech through a coding boot camp, upon graduation one of my main goals was to gain experience in the tech industry through developing new products.  During my time at Co.Lab, I was able to partake in and witness both the rudimentary and final stages of developers, product managers, and designers all working together to assemble a product right up until its shipment.  Moreover, Co.Lab  provides you with the opportunity to strengthen both your networking and heuristic skills through events and workshops that are geared toward giving you a greater understanding of the tech industry in itself. To provide you with the utmost experience the program even facilitates its very own demo day where you get to showcase your product to judges from many companies and receive valuable feedback on your work. Overall, Co.Lab, is a great transitional program especially for people who just got out of bootcamp or those who have some coding skills, that want to have experience working in a multidisciplinary team before getting a job in tech.
  • Co.Lab
    - 4/21/2021
    Pamela Singh
    I learned more in Co.Lab than my entire 4 years in college. Learning by doing isn't just a cute catchphrase but a very important part of this program that Co.Lab teaches you. I learned more from doing, taking risks, and trying my hardest which has an amazing community that supports you along your journey. I never thought I would develop friendships, meet a group of amazing people who care about your journey, and most importantly not being afraid of learning something new.
  • Product Manager
    - 4/21/2021
    Fnane Berhane
    As someone looking to gain practical Product management experience Co.Lab was the perfect program. I got to build a cool product, work with actual designers/devs, and really felt validated by current PMs in tech. Co.Lab gave me the assurance I needed to know product management is something I could do. It's even helped me land multiple interviews with Co.Lab being my only PM experience. For anyone trying to break into product I highly recommend Co.Lab!
  • Adil R. • Graduate
    It is difficult to describe the Co. Lab experience except that it is a community dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. The curriculum itself was very well thought out and staged so that as a PM you could discover a problem and validate that it was a problem and then when paired up with your team (a designer and developer) you were able to create solutions and get an MVP ready. The program was full of mentors from Big Tech to Startups (even a Rocketship!) and they were available any time (literally) to give you feedback and guidance. The fun didn't end with demo day, where we were able to present in front of industry professionals but continues until today where the support to find jobs and continue our projects is also available.