co.lab-logo

Co.Lab

Average Rating4.7
34 Reviews
3 Courses

Co.Lab is an 8-week hands-on, team-based tech training program with individual tracks for Product Managers, Designers, and Developers. Co.Lab students are placed into agile product teams, with each group consisting of a Product Manager, UX/UI/Product Designer, two Software Engineers, and an Industry Mentor. Students then collaborate to go from ideation to MVP launch within eight weeks.In addition to putting their discipline-specific skills into practice, Co.Lab stu...

34 Co.Lab Reviews

• EMMANUEL JOLUGBO
    Jan 27, 2023

Amazing experience

I recently completed the software development bootcamp and overall, I had a positive experience. The instructors were knowledgeable and supportive, and the curriculum was well-structured and covered a wide range of topics. The hands-on projects and group work helped me to solidify my understanding of the material and apply what I had learned. Additionally, the career services team provided valuable resources and support to help me find a job in the field. The only downside was that the p...
  • Osadebamwen Jeffery Ukponahiunsi
    Android Developer • Graduate • Co.Lab Software Developer Bootcamp • Online
    Jan 24, 2023

Do you want to get a real life product development experience? Co.Lab is the answer

Co.Lab is the complete package if you want to get your hands dirty. You get to work on any product of your choice agreed upon by your team.

As a software developer, I had the opportunity to work with a designer and a product manager. We had standup meetings as a team and with our mentor.

Co.Lab makes the building process smooth as we were given weekly targets and various resources to guide us. This ensured everyone were on track

During the program we were encouraged...
  • Wisdom Ekpotu
    Jan 23, 2023

The Best

I joined Co.lab with no previous experience with working on a project across teammates in a remote distributed team which varying time zones.

This was a first and very educative one. I got to see another equally important aspect side of the software-building process that I did not know about after months of learning how to code on my own.

This program helped me build my decision-making skills on what tools to use to accomplish the problem at hand.
  • Christine A
    Product Designer • Graduate • Co.Lab Product Design Bootcamp • Online
    Sep 10, 2022

Product Designer

I had a great experience with Co.Lab! I'm a post-bootcamp grad and I didn't get to interact or work on projects with a PM or devs before this. Not having this experience really hurt my interviewing capabilities since I had no direct experience as a designer on real shipped products. Being in Co.Lab gave me more confidence in that I was able to apply my design process and thinking abilities while also helping me better understand how a product development cycle works. As a result of my ex...

Hello Christine,

Thanks for the high praises! We're glad that you had such a great time with us, and was able to gain the real-world experience you needed to break the Catch-22 problem of finding real-work experience without getting hired.

You were amazing and we're very excited to know where you'll be at in the future.

• Valence Fredrick
    Software Developer • Applicant • Co.Lab Software Developer Bootcamp • Online
    Sep 10, 2022

Join Once and Belong in Tech Forever

This is one of the best Bootcamps I have completed regarding real world software development experience, team work, software development life cycle and learning resources provided. The bootcamp is organised in the best way to support people falling in the lack of experience deadlock to break through and deliver real world products. After the bootcamp, I was able to identify my faults which I have done before in software development. Thanks to all the amazing instructors, cohort members, ...

Hello Valence,

Co.Lab is more than about taking classes together. It's also about learning how you function in a cross-functional setting so that you'll know what your strengths and weaknesses are, as well as making the necessary professional improvements to make yourself attractive to the job market.

And it seems like you were able to gain much of the same learnings at Co.Lab. We're proud of you!

• Sara
    Junior Software Developer • Graduate • Co.Lab Software Developer Bootcamp • Online
    Jul 03, 2022

Great First Step for Finding a Job in Tech

Coming directly form online tutorials, this was a great first hand experience of how to apply my knowledge to real life projects with a cross-functional team. It also taught me a lot of the practical skills needed for building my career and built my confidence to put myself out there and interact with my community. And ultimately it was this experience that helped me land my first job as a Software Developer.
    Thank you Co.Lab <3

Hello Sara,

Congratulations on your new Dev role! We found that many of our students are already well-equipped to land their first tech role - one of the only critical problems being the lack of confidence to communicate their technical knowledge effectively, and just put themselves out there.

We're glad that the program was able to help you in this aspect!

The Co.Lab team and community are very proud of you.

• Junaid
    Associate Product Manager
    Jun 19, 2022

Co.lab kickstarted my product career

I learned a lot during Co.lab that I still use to this day. The content is solid. I didn't have the best team but that experience taught me a lot about being flexible and rolling with the punches like it is in the real world. Helen is a great human being and really tries to treat Co.lab participants like they are family. I ended up transitioning into an APM role at a Forbes top start-up after my stint in Co.lab.

Hello Junaid,

Congratulations on landing your APM role! I always knew you have what it takes to succeed. We're very proud of you.

Special thanks too for the kind words for me. This means a lot! Comments such as yours are what give us the motivation to continue building Co.Lab.

• Solmas
    UX Designer • Graduate • Co.Lab Product Design Bootcamp • Online
    Aug 18, 2021

Product Designer

Co.Lab was an incredible experience. Going into the program I was hoping to reignite my love of working on a team after a lonely year of freelancing, I was hoping to gain confidence, and I wanted a portfolio piece I could really speak to, especially during job interviews.

I can confidently say that I got all of that and so much more out of the program. With Co.Lab I got to work on a team with a Product Manager and two developers and together we created a product called Podball th...

Hello Solmas,

Congratulations on landing your full-time, Web Designer role! Nothing makes us happier than knowing we made a lasting impact to one of our Co.Laborators.

Great work!

You Belong in Tech!
    ✨Helen
  • Karen Swyszcz
    Graduate • Co.Lab Product Management Training Program • Online
    Apr 21, 2021

Not Just A Course, But An Amazing Experience

Participating in the PM track has been the highlight of my year thus far. I am so glad I decided to push myself outside of my comfort zone. This program has provided such great support from not just the mentors and my team, but the entire community.  I found it to be quite an intense program, but in a good way. I learned how to work collaboratively with a designer and two developers to create a functional MVP.

I am proud of what our team has built over the past 5 weeks and am exc...

Hello Karen,

Thanks for sharing your program experience! One of our goals at Co.Lab is providing students the platform to learn about real-work experience in a safe and fun way. We aim to give our students a highly collaborative learning experience with guardrails support.

We're glad that we were able to achieve that for you!

• Denvinn Magsin
    Graduate • Online
    Jan 21, 2021

Fantastic Enhancer for Portfolio/Resume

You can get SO much out of this program. In the course of 5 weeks I developed an application with a designer and a product manager. This experience gave me a sneak peak on how it is to work with a team and to construct my own goals. I grew not only as a developer but also as a team player. 10/10 would do again.

My favorite part of this whole journey was not just developing a real application but when I got to show off what I worked on.
    In the last week of this program, your te...

Hello Denvinn,

Thank you for the review! We're really happy to know that you were able to get as much as you needed from our program.

Your team's product was definitely amazing and we can't wait where you'll go from hereon!

• Karo Oki
    Graduate • Co.Lab Product Management Training Program • Online
    Jan 04, 2021

The course that leaves you with practical experience to apply for PM jobs

This was a fantastic journey and it provided me the combination of practical experience and community support that I never would have gotten elsewhere. Immensely grateful for the opportunity because all I have to do now is build on my existing experience. This course empowered me and I am no longer having to start from scratch. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for experience.

Hello Karo,

You were also fantastic during your cohort! Our program tries very hard to make sure that students get the practical experience and community support they need to succeed in tech.

We're very happy that we were able to tick off those boxes for you.

• Olutuyo Mayowa
    Jan 24, 2023

Learning empathy

The Co.lab bootcamp taught me that it's okay to be vulnerable, ask for help when you need to.
    It's not always about your technical ability, learning to communicate rightly is also very key especially when you are working with a cross-functional team.
    Setting achievable milestones is another thing I learnt during the bootcamp, it's a good way to track progress and know what is working and what is not.

Co.Lab Alumni Outcomes

Recent Co.Lab News

Jess Feldman
Published January 04, 2021
Course Report · Coding Bootcamp News in Review: 2020 As we wrap up a very tumultuous year, we're taking a moment to round up all of the most impactful coding bootcamp news we saw in 2020. Follow along as we call out the top trends of 2020 and break down this year’s biggest acquisitions and fundraises in the bootcamp space. Plus, we’re sharing our predictions for 2021, how a new Biden/Har...