co.lab-logo

Co.Lab

Co.Lab

Co.Lab is a 5-week hands-on, team-based tech bootcamp with individual tracks for Product Managers, Designers, and Developers. Co.Lab students are placed into agile product teams, with each team consisting of a Product Manager, Designer, Developer and Mentor. Students then collaborate together to go from ideation to MVP launch within five weeks.

In addition to putting their discipline-specific skills into practice, Co.Lab students get the full end-to-end experience within a real product team. They get to work in an agile environment, conduct sprint planning, roadmapping, team retrospectives, negotiate scope, and implement trade offs between team members. They also receive dedicated mentorship and guidance on their disciplines as well as their specific product.

All bootcamp students receive full access to the Co.Lab community, which grants entry into workshops led by companies including Github, Amplitude, and Trello and talks from instructors hailing from Apple, Facebook, and Amazon. Upon bootcamp completion, students will showcase their products during Demo Day, getting feedback from industry leaders, and networking with recruiters and hiring managers.

Recent Co.Lab Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (8) reviews for Co.Lab →

Recent Co.Lab News

• Co.Lab for Designers

User Experience Design
    OnlinePart Time5 Weeks
    The Co.Lab Designer bootcamp is designed for UX/UI designers looking to get practical, team-based experience. Students are put into product teams with their own Product Manager and Developer. Over the course of five-weeks, students will take a product from ideation to launch using personas, journeys, and mockups. The Co.Lab Designer bootcamp is open to applicants with bootcamp level experience or above.
    3-month payment plans available.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants should have some experience with design, whether that's from a bootcamp or self-taught with a few projects to show for it.
  • Co.Lab for Developers

The Co.Lab Developer bootcamp is designed for Developers looking to get practical, team-based experience. Students are put into agile product teams with their own Product Manager and Designer. Over the course of five-weeks, students will take a product from ideation to launch, choosing their own tech stack and going through feature estimation and iteration. The Co.Lab Developer bootcamp is open to applicants with bootcamp level experience or above.
    3-month payment plans are available.
    Minimum Skill LevelApplicants should have some experience with development, whether that's from a bootcamp or self-taught with a few projects to show for it.
  • Co.Lab for Product Managers

Agile, Product Management
    OnlinePart Time8 Weeks
    The Co.Lab Product Manager bootcamp provides a complete end-to-end Product Management experience. Students can start with the self-guided How to Product course, which includes 16 hours of content covering product management essentials, frameworks, methodology and insights. Participants then go into Spec.Lab, a two week interactive program to help students ideate innovative products, clarify problem statements, conduct market analysis, and vet customers. Students then take their fully fleshed out spec into Co.Lab, where they are grouped with their own Designer and Developer. Together as an agile product team, they will go through the product development process and launch a real product.
    3-month payment plans are available.
    Minimum Skill LevelAll levels are welcome! Beginners will be prompted to take the How to Product course. Experienced PMs looking to upskill in a team environment can skip the course and go straight into Spec.Lab at a reduced cost.
  • Product Designer
    - 8/18/2021
    Solmas  User Photo
    Solmas • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Co.Lab was an incredible experience. Going into the program I was hoping to reignite my love of working on a team after a lonely year of freelancing, I was hoping to gain confidence, and I wanted a portfolio piece I could really speak to, especially during job interviews.

I can confidently say that I got all of that and so much more out of the program. With Co.Lab I got to work on a team with a Product Manager and two developers and together we created a product called Podball that helps podcasters speed up their editing workflow. This was all accomplished with the help of mentors and workshops as well as a whole community of other designers, developers and product managers to reach out to throughout the process.

I came into the program with over three years experience as a UX /web designer, but I knew I needed something more to really get the attention of the kind of employers I was after. I can tell you that the case study and subsequent portfolio piece presentation I did on our product Podball was key to helping me impress during interviews and ultimately helped me land my new full-time role as Web Designer at an established marketing tech company. If I have any complaints, it's that I wish Co.Lab had been around when I was fresh out of my bootcamp!
  • Karen Swyszcz  User Photo
    Karen Swyszcz • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Participating in the PM track has been the highlight of my year thus far. I am so glad I decided to push myself outside of my comfort zone. This program has provided such great support from not just the mentors and my team, but the entire community.  I found it to be quite an intense program, but in a good way. I learned how to work collaboratively with a designer and two developers to create a functional MVP.

I am proud of what our team has built over the past 5 weeks and am excited to continue working on further developing our product to improve the editing efficiency of podcasters.
  • Denvinn Magsin  User Photo
    Denvinn Magsin • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    You can get SO much out of this program. In the course of 5 weeks I developed an application with a designer and a product manager. This experience gave me a sneak peak on how it is to work with a team and to construct my own goals. I grew not only as a developer but also as a team player. 10/10 would do again.

My favorite part of this whole journey was not just developing a real application but when I got to show off what I worked on.
    In the last week of this program, your team will present what you've been working on to people who have experience in the industry. (JOB OPPORTUNITY/BETTER CONNECTIONS)

Now this is just my experience. You get what you put in.
  • Karo Oki  User Photo
    Karo Oki • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was a fantastic journey and it provided me the combination of practical experience and community support that I never would have gotten elsewhere. Immensely grateful for the opportunity because all I have to do now is build on my existing experience. This course empowered me and I am no longer having to start from scratch. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for experience.
  • Usra Abid • Graduate
    As someone who received their background in tech through a coding boot camp, upon graduation one of my main goals was to gain experience in the tech industry through developing new products.  During my time at Co.Lab, I was able to partake in and witness both the rudimentary and final stages of developers, product managers, and designers all working together to assemble a product right up until its shipment.  Moreover, Co.Lab  provides you with the opportunity to strengthen both your networking and heuristic skills through events and workshops that are geared toward giving you a greater understanding of the tech industry in itself. To provide you with the utmost experience the program even facilitates its very own demo day where you get to showcase your product to judges from many companies and receive valuable feedback on your work. Overall, Co.Lab, is a great transitional program especially for people who just got out of bootcamp or those who have some coding skills, that want to have experience working in a multidisciplinary team before getting a job in tech.
  • Co.Lab
    - 4/21/2021
    Pamela Singh
    I learned more in Co.Lab than my entire 4 years in college. Learning by doing isn't just a cute catchphrase but a very important part of this program that Co.Lab teaches you. I learned more from doing, taking risks, and trying my hardest which has an amazing community that supports you along your journey. I never thought I would develop friendships, meet a group of amazing people who care about your journey, and most importantly not being afraid of learning something new.
  • Product Manager
    - 4/21/2021
    Fnane Berhane
    As someone looking to gain practical Product management experience Co.Lab was the perfect program. I got to build a cool product, work with actual designers/devs, and really felt validated by current PMs in tech. Co.Lab gave me the assurance I needed to know product management is something I could do. It's even helped me land multiple interviews with Co.Lab being my only PM experience. For anyone trying to break into product I highly recommend Co.Lab!
  • Adil R. • Graduate
    It is difficult to describe the Co. Lab experience except that it is a community dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. The curriculum itself was very well thought out and staged so that as a PM you could discover a problem and validate that it was a problem and then when paired up with your team (a designer and developer) you were able to create solutions and get an MVP ready. The program was full of mentors from Big Tech to Startups (even a Rocketship!) and they were available any time (literally) to give you feedback and guidance. The fun didn't end with demo day, where we were able to present in front of industry professionals but continues until today where the support to find jobs and continue our projects is also available.