centriq-training-logo

Centriq Training

Kansas City, St. Louis

Centriq Training

Centriq Training is an IT technology training firm in Kansas City, Missouri that hosts a 14-week Full Stack Web Developer program in .NET, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MVC, SQL and more. The goal of the Full Stack Web Developer program is to prepare students for a Junior Developer position.

During the 4-month program, classes are held in a live, instructor-led format with hands-on activities. Each cohort is limited to 12 students that attend classes Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. At the end of the course, students prepare a final project to present to their peers, instructors, and prospective employers.

Upon completion of the program, Full Stack Web Developer provides comprehensive assistance with the job search. Students benefit from in-depth resume and interview training and on-site job fairs every three months. The Centriq placement team works with their employer network to source entry-level positions for their graduates. Over 1000 different companies in Kansas City have hired Full Stack Web Developer grads.

Centriq’s Boot Camp program is eligible for private loan funding by Sallie Mae. In addition, Centriq’s program is eligible for funding from multiple other sources, such as WIOA, Voc Rehab, Trade Act and it is also eligible for Post 9/11 G.I. Bill finding.

Recent Centriq Training Reviews: Rating 3.0

all (4) reviews for Centriq Training →

Recent Centriq Training News

• Full Stack Web Developer

AngularJS, HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Node.js
      In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
      Rolling Start Date
      Kansas City
      The Application/Web Developer (or Coding) training is based primarily on Microsoft’s enterprise .NET C# (Visual Studio) development platform which is utilized by a vast majority of Kansas City employers. However, just as the technology workplace is integrating and utilizing more and newer open source coding tools, students are also exposed to the newest technologies. Students enrolled in the program will receive all necessary courseware, a laptop computer (which the student keeps), supplemental study materials, supplemental seminars and workshops, placement assistance and other student services and access to post-graduation continuing education events.
      Available
      Available
      Beginner
      None
      Interview

• Trevor Bunnell  User Photo
      Trevor Bunnell • Technology Support Specialist 1 • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did Centriq back in 2016/2017. I was a young, optimistic 18 year old. I had already had about a year and a half of IT experience in the field, so I was already proficient in my work/field. I went to Centriq to have help with testing and for education on my resume. It's a great place with great staff, but the information they give you is as I would say..... like a fire hydrant. You just put your mouth up to it and try to swallow as much water as possible. The online resources they give you to work on your ceritifications are just a joke, they steal all their content from other practice tests / websites you can access for about $20 or even for FREE. I thought I was lucky to get Canvas rights back again to study again and I've had nothing but headaches from Dayna. I told her I wasn't doing as well as I had hoped on my studying and she just cancels my rights. SO NOW I can't access any of the resources I put over 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS into. Now, onto the stuff that hasn't pushed me to write such a negative review. Centriq helped me with my resume, but what I or my classmates didn't know at the time was that this resume was full of false information that we never learned in the program. I talked to my supervisors at my job now and they've interviewed centriq grads and were usually disappointed because they view this stacked resume of things you learn at centriq, but once they ask what the words on the page meant. The interviewees would go silent and not even be able to answer something on their own resume. It's throws out your credibility on saying you know what you know, or you even are who you say you are. Overall, if you want to get into computers. Just professor messer in your free time and save the headache / pain in the ass Centriq is. Lastly, the instructors are cool... i'm sad they have to deal with such shit resources and have their conscience know they are teaching with terrible resouces

• Gary  User Photo
      Gary • QA Analyst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I used my GI Bill to complete the .NET coding side of Centriq and it was the best experience of my life. It's WELL worth the time and money, it's an investment in your future.

I am working my dream job and I have been here for a year and a half. Without Centriq, I would still be killing my back as a landscaper and making nothing.

• Title
      - 4/11/2016

Most of the instructors were knowledgeable and helpful. The cost is high at $22K. There is a lot of information to learn. Unless you work part time or are unemployed, it is hard to grasp and retain concepts and work on homework projects--keeping up is difficult for those who work and have a family. You will be exposed to C#, HTML, CSS, some JavaScript and jQuery, ASP.NET, web forms, and SQL. There is a final project that all students do and then the project is presented to students, teachers, and potential employers. All students do the same final project. If you want to set yourself apart from the others, try creating some projects on your own, separate from the ones the school gives you to do. If you have prior experience in programming, bootcamp should be easier. For those with no experence, I do not recommend this as a way to learn about programming, or at least spend some time on free courses like Codecademy to see if this is something you want to do and invest time and money to learn. You get a certificate from the bootcamp school, but I'm not sure if employers put much stock in a certificate. If you can show an employer that you know what you are doing and do not need handholding as an entry level developer, that will help set you apart. Make sure you ask a lot of questions like how many students get jobs, how long did they stay in their first job, what is the average salary offered to your students, did you follow-up with employers to see if they were please with the level of knowledge your students got from the program, do employers value a certificate from your school (is it worth something because of the knowledge you gained by going to their school). Check to see if there are complaints about the school. You may want to check with employers in your area to see if they have heard of the school, if they have hired any of the school's graduates, are they please with their knowledge and performance, would they hire more graduates, etc. If I had to do it over again, I would have saved my money and spent some time learning on my own. Once I hit a wall, I would have put the time to get a degree in the field. There is no substitute for time and experience and 4-6 months of boot camp schooling will not give you the depth of knowledge, unless you have prior experience with programming and want to add to your current knowledge base.

• Lack of Security
      - 3/30/2016
      Jawad

I went to Centriq to take a test.  I was forced to leave my valuables (phone, wallet, etc.) in an unlocked drawer.   When I objected, I was told that the door to the room will be locked.  After taking my test when I came out, the door was wide open, and there was no receptionist nearby.  They used to have lockable lockers, but apparently that is too much of a hassle for them now.   Leave your valuables at home.  Only take two forms of ID with you.  The test environment was fine.  Except that in a big room, they seated me right next to someone who was also taking another test rather than separating us.  I thought that was not cool since I kept getting distracted by the other test taker (and he probably got distracted by me).