bogotá-bootcamp-logo

Bogotá Bootcamp

Bogotá, Philadelphia

Bogotá Bootcamp

Bogotá Bootcamp offers a full-time, 5-week Ruby on Rails bootcamp and a 10-week full stack web development in Bogotá, Colombia. Students will learn web development basics like Ruby on Rails, Git and Github, HTML, and JavaScript. The courses include a combination of lectures, code-alongs, pair programming, and coding assignments. Students will complete one or two web applications and a final project to showcase new technical skills to employers. Bogotá Bootcamp also assists students with the job search by helping with updating Linkedin profiles, Github profiles, resumes, personal websites, and connecting students to recruiters.

In order to apply, prospective applicants can email their resume to the bootcamp. Bogotá Bootcamp aims to offer an affordable tuition price, smaller class sizes, and a positive attitude, in a city with a lower cost of living.

Recent Bogotá Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (16) reviews for Bogotá Bootcamp →

Recent Bogotá Bootcamp News

• Backend Development Course

HTML, Git, SQL, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Linux, Data Structures, Ruby, MVC, Agile, REST
      LocationBogotá
      Our backend development course is focused on Ruby and Rails. We start with the basics, methods, functions, classes and some computer science logic. We go over object oriented programming and then different testing skills you will need to know when starting to work on backend development. Finally in the 5th week of the course you start your first Rails app! You will also start to cover other frameworks that you can use for Ruby development. For a more detailed syllabus of our course, please email me at nico@bogotabootcamp.com.
      Deposit$180, deposit is a minimum of 20% of course total.
      Tuition PlansWe offer course 5 installments of 20%. Meaning you do not have to pay the course all at once. However, the course total does need to be paid by the last week of class.
      Refund / GuaranteeWe will not cancel courses even if we less than 12 students sign up for our class. We guarantee that the show will go on!
      ScholarshipNo scholarships currently available.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skill level required.
      Prep WorkYou must complete the course pre-work in order to start the class. Takes 15 days to complete.
    • Frontend Web Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
      LocationBogotá
      Our frontend development course covers: Week 1 | Javascript/ More HTML -Fundamentals: Javascript (JS) objects, JS syntax, JS functions, script tags, attributes, page load timing, serializing, JSON. Intermediate Git: rebase, git conflicts, pull requests, branches. Week 2 | Intermediate Git: rebase, git conflicts, pull requests, branches. Week 2 | Group Project: Project Management, Kanban. Week 3 | JS/ Libraries/ Promises Week 10 | Focuses on your final project!
      Tuition PlansWe offer our courses to be paid by installments. We offer 5 installments, each 20% of course total to be paid by the end of the last week of class.
      Refund / GuaranteeWe guarantee your class will happen even if we have less than 12 students sign up for the course.
      ScholarshipNo scholarships currently available.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skill level required.
      Prep WorkWe do have prep work, the prep work takes 15 days to complete.
    • Fullstack Web Development Night Course

Start Date January 13, 2020
      LocationBogotá
      Este es un curso de desarrollo web fullstack de 10 semanas que se enseña en español y se enfoca en Ruby on Rails y el desarrollo frontend. El curso es de medio tiempo, de lunes a jueves de 6 pm a 9 pm.
      Deposit$180 is the deposit. 20% of course total.
      Tuition PlansTenemos planes de pago dependiendo de las necesidades del estudiante.
      ScholarshipSí, tenemos becas, pero son limitadas por clase. Por favor, pregunte en nico@bogotabootcamp.com
      Minimum Skill LevelNo hay un nivel de habilidad mínimo.
      Prep WorkSi, y se demora 15 dias para terminar.
      January 13, 2020 - Bogotá Apply by January 1, 2020
    • Ruby on Rails Fullstack Web Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, Design, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
      Start Date January 13, 2020
      LocationBogotá
      Bogotá Bootcamp is a full-time, 10-week full-stack web development bootcamp in Bogotá, Colombia. Students will learn web development basics like Git and Github, HTML, Ruby on Rails and JavaScript. The course includes a combination of lecture, code- alongs, pair programming, and coding assignments. Students will complete two web applications and a final project to showcase new technical skills to employers. Bogotá Bootcamp also assists students with the job search by helping with updating Linkedin profiles, Github profiles, resumes, personal websites, and connecting students to recruiters. Bogotá Bootcamp aims to offer an affordable tuition price, smaller class sizes, and a positive attitude, in a city with a lower cost of living. We also work with students who have special needs or request a more personal payment plan.
      Deposit20% of course total
      Voice 123 is interested in giving scholarships to Colombian students in need.
      Tuition PlansPayment plan can be made to what suits the needs of the student.
      ScholarshipWe provide need- based scholarships.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skill level necessary.
      Prep WorkWe provide you with an AWS account and upload assignments that must be completed prior to the start of the course.
      January 13, 2020 - Bogotá Apply by January 13, 2020
      January 13, 2020 - Bogotá Apply by January 1, 2020
      June 8, 2020 - Bogotá Apply by June 8, 2020
      September 7, 2020 - Bogotá Apply by September 7, 2020
      September 7, 2020 - Bogotá Apply by August 29, 2020

• Sebastián Muñoz  User Photo
      Sebastián Muñoz • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I wanted to do a Coding Bootcamp and realized there was one in my city just around the corner. Bogotá Bootcamp offered full time education in a classroom with no more than ten students, which meant a lot of room for me and my classmates to have direct attention from the instructor. The languages taught are very marketable skills, in the bootcamp we did not only learn how to code, but how to market ourselves for job prospects in terms of interviewing and online presence as developers.

In the Bootcamp I came a cross people from different countries, the instructors come from the USA and had classmates from Germany, Ecuador and Rusia, which was an unexpected opportunity for me to get to know people from abroad.

I had  a great time in the Bootcamp, I would recommend it to anywone willing to become a fullstack developer.

• Andres Valencia  User Photo
      Andres Valencia • Mechatronics Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I have a  degree in Mechatronics Engineering and I always wanted to focus my career in software development, that's why I decided to join Bogota bootcamp and it has been among the best decisions I've made in my life.

I've learned more in one month at Bogota Bootcamp than I did in one year                                  of teaching myself how to program.

Granger the course teacher gives you the confidence to ask him anything during the course and the feeling of never being alone or behind the group because he is always aware of your progress and making sure that everyone in the course is at the same level.

The bootcamp has a very orgnanized curriculum with topics from the programming bases to the most popular frameworks like React, Granger also gives you a lot of freedom in choosing technologies or developing projects that you want to practice or learn and due to his experience as a fullstack in New York He has the ability to support you in the different technologies that you choose, this makes the experience of each one totally personalized and for me was amazing be avaliable to focus in what ever i would like to learn.

I also had the opportunity to meet and be day by day with very experienced developers, who work at the Bogota devshop which are the nicest people in the world, who were always willing to teach me something new or show me some of the real projects that develop in the devshop.

My experience in the Bootcamp was so pleasant, they filled every one of the expectations I had of them, they even got me an interview with a great company and they gave me the opportunity to work on a real project at the end of the bootcamp ( how cool is that ! ).

Granger and Nicolle were always willing to help me in whatever they could, that's why i really recommend Bogota Bootcamp to everyone who wants to become a great developer and have an incredible experience in the process.

• Cooper  User Photo
      Cooper • Student Verified via LinkedIn

To be perfectly honest, I did have a few reservations about coming over from Australia to study at Bogota Bootcamp. However, a few phone calls with Grainger and Nicolle, and I was on board.

They offered a flexible payment plan and really helped me get settled in to Bogota. Nothing but good things to say on that front.

As for the course itself, it is a smaller operation than some of the more established names out there, but I can only see that as a good thing. We had a small class size of about 6 or 7 and each one of us got a good amount of personal attention.

Grainger really has a knack for teaching and mixing that with his background as a full-stack developer in New York, we all learned a massive amount in a short period of time.

My Ruby on Rails progressed from 0 to a decent level, as well as my knowledge of JavaScript (+ JQuery, React etc...). But I think even overriding that is my understanding of programming logic.

There're a lot of programming languages out there, and we spent a good amount of time throughout the course focusing not just on the languages, but on the logic behind how we can achieve what we're trying to do.

Final point - we got the chance to study next door to Bogota Bootcamp's other operation which is Bogota Dev (an actual development agency). So we'd routinely grab coffee or have lunch with experienced developers, hear about their projects, and sometimes they'd even help with ours.

The whole operation is a great community.

Very thankful to Grainger and Nicolle for this entire experience.

• Starr Wang  User Photo
      Starr Wang • Student Verified via GitHub

Some background me: I am student studying in the U.S. and majoring in computer science. I study theorical courses about computer science in university and want to learn more about coding in a practical way. That's the main motivation for me to attend this bootcamp in the summer.

Learning expereince: Granger, the teacher and founder of this bootcamp, is a professional progammer working in New York City before. He is not only knowledgeable about full stack development but also a greate teacher who uses a very orgnanized curriculum and explains things very clearly. In addition, the small class size is very small. There is only six people in total for this bootcamp, which means that I can get personal attention from Granger. I found this very helpful especially when I was working on individual project and needed assitance.

The environment at bootcamp: I really like the environment of the bootcamp. Coming to Colombia for the first time, Nicolle and Granger gave me much help in turns of finding a host family to stay with and checking in with me. In addition, everyone in the bootcamp is so friendly.  We have lunch, go to gym go hiking to lake Guatavita and dance together on weekend. I really enjoy the company and love the friends that I made in Colombia.

In conclusion, I really love my expereince in this bootcamp. I learned a lot about full stack development(I made a game, a personal website, a group project and a individual final project) and enjoyed my time in Colombia.

• Flo  User Photo
      Flo • Student Verified via GitHub

I thought long and hard before registering for a boot camp. I wanted to go somewhere else and focus on learning Ruby on Rails without breaking the bank, and that's exactly what I got. We spend the day, from 9 to 5 working really hard. We just finished week 7 and so far, we've covered Ruby, Rails, css, html, git, javascript. We've learned how to use Json, we started ReactJS, and we are not done yet. I like the fact that, as a preparation for the job market, we have to work on practical problems from a programming standpoint. The teacher is dynamic and good communicator, and the program is well-organized. Like in any bootcamp, you will not be an expert in 10 weeks, but you will gain plenty to have enough self-confidence to get your foot in the door.

• Diego Zuluaga  User Photo
      Diego Zuluaga • Student Verified via GitHub

Este bootcamp me permitió adquirir habilidades de programación en un muy corto tiempo y mejorar mi perfil profesionalas y  aumentar las oportunidades para mi vida.

Una de las cosas más importantes  que aprendí en este curso fue la de afrontar problemas de la cotidianidad  y resolverlos por medio  de la programción y hacerlo con una mirada global  utilizando las mejores herramientas y habilidades.

El desarrolló de las clases y las metodologias  me parecieron  muy creativas y como Clombiano pude practicar mi ingles , hacer nuevos amigos de diferentes partes del mundo hacer proyectos junto a ellos.

• Great experience
      - 4/11/2018
      Mauricio  User Photo
      Mauricio • Student Verified via GitHub

Excellent bootcamp, we started with the basic in programming and the subjects gets complex week by week, now I have the knowledge to create my own websites and deploy them in the internet.

The instructor has lot of experience in web development and knows how to explain complex stuff in ways that are easy to understand.

Recommended.

• Great bootcamp
      - 4/8/2018
      Angel  User Photo
      Angel • Student Verified via GitHub

The course so far has been an amazing learning experience. The instructor is not only a highly skilled web developer, but also a great teacher. The class size is small which means that you can get better individual attention and get your questions answered, or even get some help when you just cannot figure out something on your own!

The course takes you from the very basics of programming all the way to building multiple full-fledged web apps with all the bells and whistles, even for complete beginners (either in programming in general or in the world of web development). Highly recommended.

• jd • developer • Graduate

There is not a better option in Bogota, as simple as that, everything is 100% personalized.

Even before you get into the Bootcamp itself Nicolle and G are already working on the best way to make every single student feel comfortable and make the best out of the Bootcamp.

And after the Bootcamp is finished they will keep working along with you to make sure you find the best job.

100% recommended!

• Very good!
      - 6/8/2019
      Johan Andres Ochoa Quiroz • Graduate

My experience in Bogota bootcamp was very good. Granger is a very good teacher, very patient and willing to give you help when you really need it. All BD staff is very cooperative and attentive to help you with any requirement. The content of the Boot Camp is very wide and useful, and although the course is so short, it gives you the necessary tools to have a very broad vision of the programming and to be able to create a decent web page.

• Faiber Rodríguez • Student

Bogota Bootcamp its the best choice u can make if u want to become hireable.

The program structure its oriented such in that way, also if you don't get hired quickly, your coach may ofer you an intership, which gives u so much learning oportunities and also money reward.

Granger and Nicolle are and admirable couple, they take care about us as a stundents so you keep up to date if u have issues coming to a class or something like that.

I enjoyed the bootcamp a lot, got a job offer on my first interview while i was taking classes what is awesome. I forgot to say that price is more than affordable, its very cheap for what it worth.

• Excellent Bootcamp
      - 4/16/2019
      Stefan • Innovation Engineer • Graduate

Super great teachers, team and course.

100% recommended.

• My best decision
      - 1/29/2019
      Nicolas Barbier • Art Director • Graduate

I’m a designer and in France I always had work. Since living in Bogota, life became more complicated.

I decided to learn something new, for me and my family web development has been the best profession I could have chosen. Finally taking the leap and doing Bogota Bootcamp is certainly in my top 3 best decisions. It totally changed my life. The way I work, the way I see the world.

Granger has years of experience in development, he worked for 2 different companies in NYC and it shows in code. Not only is he an experienced developer, but he is an experienced teacher. I speak French, Spanish and English is my third language, Granger understands how to communicate with me and is invested in my skills.

When I started this Bootcamp my level was an absolute zero in code. Five weeks post graduating from Bogota Bootcamp, I’m about to finish a website project for my first client! I’m so proud now to be part of the amazing developer’s community.

• Mayra Rodriguez • Student

El Bootcamp es muy completo y me atrevo a decir que se ajusta a todos los perfiles. En menos de tres meses adquieres la habilidades para desarrollar proyectos web y tener una base solida para iniciar tu carrera como desarrollador de aplicaciones web.

Además ofrece un ambiente muy agradable y de muy buena conversación.. no solo software!

• Saori Kiiki • artist - developer • Student

I was interested in this bootcamp when Nicolle welcomed me and asked me to write my name in a sticker to paste it over my shirt. I did like that because I felt part of a group. Then I saw everyone were also wearing their stickers. Nicolle told me the Meetup was hosted by her and Granger, we ate fruits and coffee. I am shy, so I preferred to overheard their conversations in order to figure out if I could fit there, that's how I did, and I started to look after the possibility of studying with them, I was always curious about coding but needed a guide to start, so I finally decided to do it because I really liked their attitude.

I am an artists and I have always like to hang around places, meeting new people, also learning from them and teaching -if they want-. The teacher's lessons came and I looked at it as something natural, I can use development to many practical things in life. For example, we did simple exercises with concise lessons where I found that creating an app is not easy, that's why it is important to look for a place surrounded by laptops, books, students and professionals to make the best code ever. For me it was not easy to find a place like this, where I can be calm and open to hear everyone's opinions and experiences.

Now that the course is almost over I am wondering how long it took me to come to this place. I want to keep on learning here at Bogotá Bootcamp because it is clean, and the people are focus on their projects, and also I can like to ask Granger, he is good at communicating things to me, also he has so many things to teach because he is experienced. Like Nicolle, when she comes to class she is helpful and considerate when helping me to find solutions to my every-day problems because she is sweet and comprehensive. They both make a great team, thank's to them Bogota Bootcamp is the best place, they also have a good taste in arts and music. In fewer words I recommend this place a lot.

• Matt
      - 3/30/2018
      Matt Kirk • Student

I have got so much out of the course already. I started a few weeks ago with very minimal coding experience and have been able to catch on quickly. Granger is a great communicator and his experience as a professional coder and a teacher are a great combination. I would highly recommend the course as it is unbeatable for price and is run in an organised and professional manner.

Matt - Australia