After the 12-week program, students have the option to join its unique Career Support program, which has contains additional training for Job Hacking, a job accountability group, and team projects to add to one’s portfolio.
To apply, students can submit an application via the website, then go through a series of two interviews with an admissions advisor. There are no coding challenges, but students must complete 4 weeks of prework before the program starts.
The daytime course takes place Mondays through Fridays, while the part-time course takes place on Sundays and weeknights, designed to allow the working person to attend a coding bootcamp while still working a daytime job.
Recent Actualize Reviews: Rating 4.92
Recent Actualize News
- Become a Developer at these Summer Coding Bootcamps!
- November 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
- How Coding Bootcamps Can Change the Face of Tech
Start Date None scheduled Cost $13,900 Class size 15 Location Chicago, Online
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Ask for details about payment plans.
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Some introductory work given several weeks in advance of the start of the program. Placement Test No Interview Yes
378 reviews sorted by:
- Wonderful Experience from Start to Finish- 9/10/2020Alan M • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInActualize was easily one of the best experienced I could have hoped for. After spending hours and hours researching bootcamps and toiling over which one to choose, I had a friend recommend Actualize. After hearing what he had to say and looking into them, I jumped in head first and never looked back. This was one of the smartest things I have ever done. Everyone at Actualize has been nothing short of amazing and having graduated I can honestly say I feel confident in my abilities as a Web Developer. The instructors are world class and the career help is icing on the cake. If you're looking at bootcamps, I honestly cannot recommend Actualize enough.
- Highly Recommended- 9/10/2020Declan M • Graduate • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInActualize has been an outstanding educational experience, challenging but rewarding in a ton of ways. Our teacher Brian, and our TA's Bart and Lauryn were knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. The course also has career oriented sessions with a career counselor who specializes in helping graduates find placement in real companies. My fellow classmates were all bright, curious, and really bonded well together. It was a joy to have a group of such cool people working on this project of self improvement in a time when people are increasingly isolated and detached (as the corona virus continues to ravage the country). Actualize gave me an outlet for my creative energy while providing a staggering amount of information in an intelligent and organized fashion. Five bags of popcorn, two sodas.
- Best Decision Ever!- 9/10/2020Kristofer • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInAfter calling several bootcamps and reviewing their curriculum, I chose Actualize because of their emphasis on job search, teaching methodology and overall support. This was probably the best experience of my life (so far) and I cannot stress enough how much I learn about coding and tech in general. The amount of support was also insane, they really care about your professional growth and I highly recommend their web development course to anyone interested in pursuing a career in coding. Kudos to everyone working at Actualize!
- One of the best decisions I've made- 9/10/2020Sequona Hastings • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI came into Actualize knowing just a little bit of HTML (self-taught). I had no idea what direction to go in or where to even start. Now that I am a graduate, my knowledge is not only far greater but I now have learned HOW to learn. With these skills gained at Actualize I have the confidence to achieve some great things I never knew I was capable of before.
- Best decision ever- 9/10/2020Dan • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- It's a great time!- 9/10/2020Angela A • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Well thought-out curriculum!- 8/13/2020Iris • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
- Smartest decision I've made- 8/13/2020James O • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInBefore choosing a coding bootcamp to invest in, I researched extensively the variety of options that are out there - I am so glad to have settled on Actualize. The folks at Actualize have carefully put together a curriculum that is digestible and effective. It is a lot of content in a short period of time, so the syllabus was designed to cover material quickly but not to overwhelm. I had very little coding experience before starting this course, and that was A-okay - our lead instructor Dani, and the TAs alike, were there to support when we inevitably got stuck and challenge when we were on the right path. I was a little fearful to take the course online as I am someone who enjoys learning in-person, but that fear was lifted when the online format proved to feel like we were all in the room together. As a graduate, I look forward to utilizing their excellent, integrated career support, as well as connecting with their rapidly-growing alumni network. I am so grateful for my time at Actualize. If you're looking for a coding bootcamp that is challenging, engaging, and achievable - look no further.
- Web Developer- 8/11/2020Ian Fletcher • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedInEarly into 2020, I was laid off from my current job and decided it was time for a change. I had an interest in computers and programming that I had ignored for a long time, and I decided it was time to do something with that interest. During the pandemic, I knew online courses would be the only way to operate, so I landed on Actualize after being recommended by an Alumni and after speaking to admissions at the school about their already well-established online curriculum. It was an exciting choice, but nothing could have prepared me for how amazing the course would actually be! Personally, I am someone who has struggled in the past with staying motivated with my education, but this course was SO engaging. I had a very, very minor history with CS from my time in college, so the pre-work was a great refresher and more, but I'm confident that anyone could work through the pre-work and learn the basics necessary. Once the course is under way, the lessons are paced very well, and the lessons stack day after day in a very cohesive manner until you get a few weeks in and realize you can do some really cool stuff! By week 9-10, you will have more skills than you even realize until you start building an entire app from front to back and get to see all those skills in action. My cohort was instructed by Dani who was incredible! Clearly experienced and knowledgable, she taught the course well, and her enthusiasm and demeanor throughout the entire course took it up another notch. Class time was always engaging, always rewarding, and help was always a quick question away. If you are considering an online bootcamp to switch up your career or learn some valuable skills for your current one, I don't think you can make a better choice than Actualize!
- Web Developoer- 8/11/2020Rebecca Doukas • Student • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInActualize was the best experience and choice I have ever made. I previously attended another bootcamp and realized the learning style wasn't for me. Actualize provides students consistent assistance and support from start to finish, including the pre-work portion! Dani and all the TA's want to see you succeed and will do whatever possible to make that happen. I was nervous I wouldn't be as successful with the online course as opposed to the in-person course but my fears quickly diminished after Day 1. This bootcamp is definitely friendly for anyone without coding experience but not too slowly passed for someone that knows the basics.
- Full-Stack Developer- 8/11/2020Irving Villasenor • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Education, Great Experience- 8/11/2020Hubert • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInActualize has been one of my best life experiences to date. If you are wondering if this is a group you can trust with educating and guiding you, I can respond with a resounding "Yes!" I am writing as someone from a completely different industry field with some self-taught experience of HTML/CSS in the past. When comparing this to the sheer amount of technical know-how I have received in these short months, the results are astounding.
I believe any learning program will equip you with not just outspoken technical knowledge, but also with an inner mindset - an approach and culture of how to tackle problems, and even your belief in your ability to do so. I feel some programs only do well in challenging that belief with the goal of "weeding out" students. Instead, Actualize is a program that draws out that inner-belief. After all, it began with the name "Anyone Can Learn to Code". And I am happy to say that this mindset continues among how it leads students today.
The coursework is challenging, but is never overwhelming thanks to the support of instructors and other students. Never did I feel that help was unavailable or that instructors were uninterested. The teaching accommodates students of different work backgrounds and learning styles. I found the class to be professional in handling subject matter, but also very friendly in our normal day to day. The faculty must have graduated hundreds of students before, but they are always fascinated in seeing you grow.
For the online program, students can expect 5 hours of class time and up to 1 - 2 hours of homework per day, depending on the subject difficulty. I found that I was freely practicing more to solidify what I learned. Yet I did not have to give up my entire life and values to make it through. Yes, they expect you to have a weekend away from the computer. Still, for the best experience, I would highly recommend bootcamp students to make this one of their few priorities, but if you absolutely must work part-time during the process, I could see that being a possibility. Please talk to faculty first!
As a testament to the program's effectiveness, some student family members who were also tech industry professionals viewed our livestream of capstone project presentations. Even they were impressed by what the students had completed from start to finish. Furthermore, the program gives a wealth of knowledge and support in the job searching process - a process that begins during the bootcamp months and continues for some time after. It is a well designed program that offers incredible support. I've only seen great things from Actualize, and I can continue to expect great things from the people who dedicate so much of themselves for others' learning and well-being. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the program.