7 Best Coding Bootcamps in Boulder
- 115Reviews3CoursesSkill Distillery is an intensive, 16-week Java bootcamp in Denver, Colorado. The course is arranged into three units – Java Programming, Server-side Java, an... Read MoreSkill Distillery is an intensive, 16-week Java bootcamp in Denver, Colorado. The course is arranged into three units – Java Programming, Server-side Java, and Front-end Development. The curriculum focuses on the fundamentals of programming, Java (and its libraries), unit testing, Spring, Spring MVC, and using a source code repository. Students will also gain experience deploying web content to a web server and navigating the server file system from the command line. Skill Distillery graduates will be prepared to take the Oracle Certified Associate – Java Programmer exam and will be on track for a career as a web interface designer or a full stack application developer. Read MoreCelicia S
5Graduate - Course: Full-Stack Web Development w/ Java Bootcamp (Online) - Denver
Verified Via LinkedIn
It is definitely challenging. It's a firehose of information and can leave you feeling overwhelmed at times. Even so, as someone who had no background in programming, I was able to complete the course and passed all the assignments. The instructors welcome questions and are always ready to help. There are TA hours on Saturdays to help with the weekend projects.
The days last about 10 hours with a one hour break for lunch. There are 10 minute breaks every few hours. The weekend projects can last anywhere from 4 - 20 hours, depending on how much you're putting into the project, the complexity of that week's project, and how many errant semi-colons or misspellings you might have made. ;-)
After the course, the instructors and staff still check in with you to help you brush up your LinkedIn profile, create a resume, coach on interviews, and give mock interviews.
The course curriculum sets you up with experience for some of the most popular and in-demand languages and frameworks that large companies are looking for in their job descriptions.
It is difficult to land your first job in software development. The staff helps and offers assistance to keep you motivated during that process after the formal course is over.
If you're looking for a great programming foundation and have the willingness to put in a lot of hours, this course is highly worth it.
Verified Via GitHub
Says: Coding BootcampI finished the coding boot camp in February of 2022. Overall, I had a good experience. There were about 30 people in a class and 1 instructor and 2 TAs. The cou ... Read MoreI finished the coding boot camp in February of 2022. Overall, I had a good experience.... Read Less
There were about 30 people in a class and 1 instructor and 2 TAs. The course was remote and taught over Zoom used with Slack. I was able to learn multiple concepts needed to become a Full Stack Developer. We would get assignments that we were put in a breakout room to complete and get experience after the instructor finished teaching the concept. The instructors and TAs would join the rooms and help us with any difficulties.
Some other perks I found helpful was the fact that I was assigned a tutor who I could work one on one with for an hour every week, I got experience collaborating with other people on projects, I received feedback on my career materials, and I got assigned a career coach I could meet with after graduation to assist with the job search.
Only complaint I have is that some of the other people in my class were lazy and not very intelligent and wouldn't help with projects and managed to be a burden. I don't mind helping people out when they run into problems when they pay attention to what I am saying and learn. I had some people who I helped out in the Boot Camp who were genuinely trying to improve and ended up becoming better after I helped them and it made them willing to help me out but I wasted hours trying to teach certain people simple concepts that they couldn't understand after they wouldn't put any effort into the class. This isn't entirely the fault of the school as they had a process of checking the people who applied. This is something that will happen anywhere though and it is good to know how to handle situations like this in life.
I am able to recommend the Boot Camp and say that it was helpful for me. I am currently seeking a job and can say that I have received good help with programming and job seeking.
- 559Reviews4CoursesFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flati... Read MoreFlatiron School offers immersive on-campus and online programs in software engineering, data science, cybersecurity, and product design (UX/UI design). Flatiron School’s immersive courses aim to launch students into fulfilling careers by providing a robust career services framework and dedicated one-on-one coaching post graduation that is included as an added value with the tuition. Read MoreMackoy Staloch
5Graduate - Course: Data Science - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Thorough, expensive, and fast-paced.I started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role ... Read MoreI started the Flatiron program back in August of 2022. I was a Mortgage Loan Officer who was looking to pivot my business experience into a more technical role where I could merge my soft skills into a more technical field. I was referred to the Flatiron program by a fellow Loan Officer who was also interested in moving into a more technical role. He convinced me that the program was worth the price tag. ($16,900 is what I paid for the start of my program.) I left my job and started the program and I haven't turned back. I graduated in late November and have accepted a position as a business analyst. As far as turnaround times go on employment, I couldn't be happier.... Read Less
One thing I would like to see more of in this program is an increased focus on SQL and visualization programs like Tableau or Power BI, as those are required for many data analyst roles. I would recommend this program for anyone who is interested in learning Python and its many libraries for data science / data analytics purposes.
- 217Reviews3CoursesFounded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses... Read MoreFounded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs. Read MorePatrick Cheron
5Student - Course: Product Manager Certificate™ - Online
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: Product Manager CertificationProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and ... Read MoreProduct school was a great resource in helping me with my industry transfer into product management. My instructor, Toby Martin Hughes, was very informative and is definitely a very talented product management instructor. I am pleased to have attended this class, and look forward towards my career as a PM.... Read Less
- 36Reviews10CoursesJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online.... Read MoreJUMP by Cognixia offers 6–10 week technical training bootcamp with campuses in New Jersey, Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, Illinois, Washington, and Online. The JUMP curriculum covers Salesforce, React, and ETL. JUMP bootcamp was founded by Cognixia, a digital transformation and training company, and its mission is to bridge the gap between the demand for qualified IT professionals and the supply of qualified tech workers. Students work, learn, and train with industry experts who have led tech companies. JUMP is committed to the career success of its students and does this through projects that help them understand the implementation of technology in real-life situations. Students will also learn soft skills, such as how to navigate the nuances of work-life and other interpersonal abilities that will make them more attractive to prospective employers. JUMP's Coaching Service helps with resume formatting, interview best practices, and professional self-development. Read MoreMandeepkaur Saini
5Graduate - Course: Full Stack Java - Raleigh
Verified Via LinkedIn
Says: excellent program that can help advancing your careerI had no idea what would happen when I entered this program; all I knew was that it would be similar to other bootcamps on the market. If you want to start a ca ... Read MoreI had no idea what would happen when I entered this program; all I knew was that it would be similar to other bootcamps on the market. If you want to start a career in technology, this is the place to be. Beginning with the recruiter who informed me about this program and provided me with all the details regarding the class and topics. The Jump program has some of the most skilled and experienced instructors, and they will do everything they can to ensure that you learn all topics. My instructor was Matthew Truelove; he is extremely patient and knowledgeable, and the way he taught JAVA was so simple to understand. The course is set up so that if you put 100% of your effort into it, you will get 100% of the results. This is not something that every bootcamp on the market can provide. For the non-technical portion of interviews, they also provide training on establishing a digital mindset (thanks to Sierra White for all the sessions and exercises). Finally, the most significant aspect of program is job hunt( They will do it for you). A special thanks to Paula Marchis, my deployment manager, who assisted me with my interviews and on-boarding process and helped me land my job. Thanks to the whole team of Cognixia.... Read Less
All I can say is that this is an excellent curriculum that will help you learn and improve in your tech career.
- 0Reviews1CoursePARSEC Group offers a unique class - Ruby Immersion - that focuses on the programming language only. The Ruby foundation must come first, with a class aimed ... Read MorePARSEC Group offers a unique class - Ruby Immersion - that focuses on the programming language only. The Ruby foundation must come first, with a class aimed at developing basic proficiency with the programming language before attempting to learn Rails (Note: the Rails learning curve itself is steep and non-trivial). Read More
- 0Reviews5CoursesPer Scholas offers 10-15-week, intensive courses in Full Stack Java Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Cloud DevOps, and IT Support in 17 citi... Read MorePer Scholas offers 10-15-week, intensive courses in Full Stack Java Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Cloud DevOps, and IT Support in 17 cities across the US. Per Scholas training programs are designed to connect local talent with technology employers by preparing motivated adults from overlooked talent pools for rewarding tech careers with no-cost training powered by corporate partners. Throughout the training courses, Per Scholas works with learners on technical skills and professional development to prepare them for positions and interviews with their employer partners. After graduation, Per Scholas connects learners directly to jobs at employer partners. Per Scholas continues to provide ongoing career coaching, networking opportunities and career services support for up to 2 years post-training. Read More