yellow-tail-tech-logo

Yellow Tail Tech

Yellow Tail Tech

Yellow Tail Tech offers online AWS DevOps Engineer (44 weeks) and Linux System Administrator (24 weeks) bootcamps. Yellow Tail Tech is a hybrid e-learning program combining pre-recorded video instruction and online exercises with weekly live sessions tailored to fit the schedule of each cohort. Live sessions are typically held in the evenings to accommodate working professionals. Yellow Tail tech students should expect to spend 7 to 10 hours per week on bootcamp classes and activities.

AWS DevOps Engineer bootcamp students will learn to deploy a fault-tolerant and resilient web service architecture in AWS, monitor availability, simulate and test failure scenarios and recovery, and optimize cloud service infrastructure for cost and performance. Students will learn how to use Terraform to provision and configure AWS services in a global configuration, evaluate a cloud environment’s security vulnerabilities, and write code to automate tasks using AWS APIs and AWS Lambda.

Linux System Administrator bootcamp students will learn to install and configure OS and applications, deploy virtual machines, and perform user management tasks. Students will learn how to manage web servers, troubleshoot permission, performance and networking issues, and write bash scripts.

No prior technical experience is required to apply for either Yellow Tail Tech bootcamps. All prerequisites are built into the bootcamp curriculum designed for non-IT professionals. Yellow Tail Tech admits students based on a mutual fit selection process. Bootcamp acceptance is awarded following the required career strategy session, a 45 minute 1:1 Zoom call with a Yellow Tail Tech enrollment advisor.

Yellow Tail Tech bootcamp students may choose to enroll in an optional internship program. All bootcamp students will also receive individualized career coaching and mentoring.

Yellow Tail Tech offers a tuition reimbursement program. If bootcamp graduates don’t land a job within five months of internship completion, the full price of tuition will be reimbursed. In order to qualify for tuition reimbursement, bootcamp students must meet certain conditions including attending every live class session, completing all assignments, and scoring 70% or better on all tests. Yellow Tail Tech is a Maryland State WIOA Occupational Training provider and bootcamp students may qualify for state funding.

Recent Yellow Tail Tech Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (27) reviews for Yellow Tail Tech →

Recent Yellow Tail Tech News

• AWS DevOps Engineer

DevOps, Cloud Computing
    We offer financing options through our Financial Partner, Climb Credit:
    Refund / GuaranteeWe are proud to offer a Tuition Reimbursement Program. If you don’t land a job within 5-Months of completing your internship, we will refund you the full price of your tuition.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior technical experience is required to apply
  • Linux System Administrator

Networking, Linux
    We offer financing options through our Financial Partner, Climb Credit:
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous tech experience required to apply
  • Pierre Milien  User Photo
    Pierre Milien • IT Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’ve had several years of experience as Windows Admin prior to Yellow Tail Tech but I’ve always been so curious about the Linux System.

When I entered the program, I didn’t expect it to be so intense and challenging but at the same time rewarding. You gotta put in a lot of work so be prepared to study and practice a lot. The best thing about Yellow Tail Tech are the people, my fellow students who are very diverse and the instructors who put in a lot of effort to help you in every step of the way. Allan, Thierry, and Zee are the most attentive, cool-headed, knowledgeable people I know.

I’m currently in their RHCSA Prep Program but I can definitely say I’m confident enough to take the certification exam and I couldn’t do it without Yellow Tail Tech.
  • Saeed Owuwu  User Photo
    Saeed Owuwu • Network Support Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
     When  Yellow Tail Tech was introduced to me by a friend, I was already working at Amazon in the Network Deployment Team. I was pretty skeptical about it because I've been taking some courses from other platforms and programs which turned out to be unbeneficial to me.

I gave Yellow Tail Tech a shot because I've been hearing a lot of great things about it and when I started the class, I easily felt its difference from the other programs that I took. So far, I'm already applying some of the skills that I acquired in my day-to-day job.

The Instructors were very patient with us. They provide great education from their experience as professionals in the field. The recorded sessions were the most helpful for me because I can go back to it whenever I need to and it always feels like I'm in that class again.

I really appreciate Allan, our lead instructor, because he gives every single one of us a chance to ask questions and he would really take his time to explain it to you. He makes sure that you understand it before he moves on to the next and when he knows that you didn't get the topic, he asks you to stay after class to go through the topic again to make sure you're confident enough. What I also loved about the instructors is that they are very flexible to your needs. Whenever I'm too busy at work and I ask them if they can help me on the weekends, they were always there even on Sundays.

The way they structured their program is awesome! It starts from the bottom to help people with no IT knowledge up to the end where every student can feel ready and well-equipped to find a job.

All of my fellow students are fantastic. It is a great community of motivated people. They will make you feel like a part of a family. David, now part-time instructor, helped us a lot during the weekends.

The money that I paid for the class is so worth it. I will recommend this program 100% to those who want to change their lives for the better.

I am already eyeing an internal position at Amazon and I have Yellow Tail Tech to thank for that.

Great job to Yellow Tail Tech's Team!
  • Steven Bell  User Photo
    Steven Bell • HR Coordinator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Yellow Tail Tech has been really wonderful. I've seen other I.T. Companies or Bootcamps advertising, but something about Yellow Tail's advertising kind of drove it home for me. It really spoke to me and made me wanted to pursue Yellow Tail Tech.

I've been training with them for 5 and half months now and my experience has been excellent as far as the materials, the instructors, the time frame that works around my job, it just all falls into place. I have enough study time, enough classroom time, and nothing is interfering with my day-to-day life. Also, I'm learning a new skill so I give Yellow Tail Tech, two thumbs up!

The Instructors that I have are Certified Red Hat System Administrators. They are very knowledgeable and they teach from real-world experience. They don't move forward with another project unless you're getting the concepts and if you have problems, they organize reviews on the weekends that you can attend so you can catch up and learn those things that you might have had difficulties grasping.

The structure of the program is very straight-forward, they start you with the basics then you build-up from the basics. The program is really user-friendly. They take it slow for you so you can digest these new information and concepts. I'm really pleased and happy with it.  Right now, I'm on the Certification Prep Program and I'm really confident because I've been doing a lot of Certification Practice Exams. With the training and knowledge that I got from Yellow Tail Tech's program, it doesn't matter which exam I pull online, I'm able to answer the questions with confidence and with ease.

I'm very confident that once I complete the certification prep program, I will be passing that exam with the knowledge that I've gained.

All thanks to Yellow Tail Tech!
  • Maurice Nelson  User Photo
    Maurice Nelson • IT Support • Verified via LinkedIn
     I started my Linux for Jobs program with Yellow Tail Tech with a background in help desk. I thought it's gonna be really easy for me but honestly, I was challenged in a good way.

What I love about them is how hands-on they are from start to finish. They gave us this really great internship and even guided us with personalized career strategies after the program. They won't just teach you and stop there. I can't find the right words to describe how great they are in providing student support. Really, hands down!

I can truly say that Yellow Tail Tech is easily one of the best boot camps out there!!!
  • Charles W Holland, Jr.  User Photo
    Charles W Holland, Jr. • Enterprise Service Desk Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I thought working in Windows and Help Desk was the end game for me until I saw Jubee's video The Biggest Myth in I.T. I got curious and did more research about Linux and the last thing I knew, I was already enrolling on Linux for Jobs and since then, I couldn't be any happier with my decision.

What I instantly noticed about Yellow Tail Tech is that they select their student applicants well and you'll easily see how it benefits the students because once you enter the program, everyone's motivated, all of us are striving to get a better career. It's so much better working in a great environment like that backed up by quality support from our instructors. Special thanks to Allan, David, Thierry, and Zee for being so proactive in helping us.

Thank you Yellow Tail Tech for the opportunities you are giving us. I'm really hoping you'll stick around for years helping more people like me. Kudos!
  • Ribert Michel  User Photo
    Ribert Michel • Linux System Administrator • Verified via LinkedIn

I was already in Network Administration but I thought I wanted to grow further.
    It was pretty hard for me to switch my career but Yellow Tail Tech helped me turn my fear into confidence.

At first, I doubted myself and failed my certification but I tried and worked harder thanks to the support I got from Yellow Tail Tech and the 2nd time I tried, I was able to pass and look where I am today: I received a offer from FBI as a Linux System Admin with 145K a year!
    I gave my family financial freedom doing something that I enjoy and that's what my goal in life is!

Yellow Tail Tech really changed my life.
    They helped me from start to finish. They provided an elective internship program and even backed-up their course with a Student Reimbursement Program where you will be refunded your full tuition if you do not receive an offer within a set amount of time after your internship, but you know what, in the past 6 years, they have never reimbursed anyone yet
  • Julien Dale  User Photo
    Julien Dale • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Working in Windows and help desk can sometimes be a little boring and that's the reason why I want to take on a new challenge.

When I saw Yellow Tail Tech's program catalog, I instantly knew how more thorough and comprehensive their program is compared to what other bootcamps are offering. That alone convinced me to enroll, and once I was in, it did not disappoint.

The Instructors are so hands on. They encouraged us to learn more and ask questions. Even though the programs are done online, I was amazed to see that it's even more interactive than face-to-face classes!

Thanks to Yellow Tail Tech, I recently received my RHCSA Certification and I was able to experience how fun I.T. can be and not only that, it also opened a lot of better opportunities for me.
  • Great program
    - 5/17/2021
    James maurice  User Photo
    James maurice • Linux system admin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After living and working in Haiti for a long time, I felt I needed a change.
    I had a little bit of IT knowledge, but it was not something that I felt confident could help me land a job.  After looking into the course at Yellow Tail, meeting with Jubee and seeing the type of education and support I would receive I did not hesitate to enroll in the course, and so I left Haiti and moved to the US right away so I can get into the program. No regrets because I now hold a position as a Linux Systems Administrator at NIH.Everything at Yellow Tail is structured with your success in mind.  The instructors, the course materials, the support that you get, even the environment that is created with the students with their “no man (or woman) left behind” mentality.  This gives you a confidence boost and along with putting in the work you just know that you are going to be successful.  I am very happy with the training I received.  I have a great salary which gives me so much peace of mind and I am continuing my path to bigger and better things with the foundation that Yellow Tail Tech provided for me
  • Chip Vera  User Photo
    Chip Vera • Linux System Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was working in a Car Dealership before and I wanted something new, something that can fulfill me and  that I would be happy with. I have reached at the top of the ladder of the dealership and felt that I could not go any higher. So one day I was taking my lunch break and went to the supermarket and that is where I say advertisement for Yellow Tail, so I started doing research online about Linux system administrators and i did not understand anything that was there. I called and Jubee answered, we set a one on  one to talk about the course. It was exactly what I was looking for. Small classes, no conflict with my work schedule and did not have to have IT experience. I was convinced after the first 5 mins.  During the session, the instructors are the best. They are always on top of everything to help and guide us reach our goals. My fellow students are like a family to me. We  formed a study group so we motivated each other so we could all pass the certification and get more opportunities. We still stay in touch and support each other if any of us have issues at work.  As for the program structure, it’s amazing! Yellow Tail Tech guided me all throughout and after I took the program, it has led me to a lot of great possibilities. The number of job opportunities I got across the state is incredible. I received job offers from California, New York, New Jersey and a lot more! I still receive phone call and emails from recruiter asking if I am available for new opportunities.  I definitely recommend this program to those who are looking for something new and better for their careers. From working at a car dealership, I now work as an Linux  Administrator at NIH. Who would have thought I can make a lot of money doing something I actually love?
    I owe it all to Yellow Tail Tech!

• Ericson Antonio  User Photo
    Ericson Antonio • SRE • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was already working at Amazon as a Datacenter Technician but I wanted a career upgrade. Yellow Tail Tech has helped me achieve that goal and SO MUCH MORE! A month later after I finished the program, I saw myself moving to Texas with a job as a Site Reliability Engineer.

What I truly love about Yellow Tail Tech aside from the program is the student environment. The environment at Yellow Tail is such, that instead of competing against each other, everyone was supportive, and we rooted for each other’s success.  My instructor, Allan, was great at teaching the curriculum. He gave us real-life examples of how we can use Linux in a real work environment.

If you want to achieve success you must do the work, clear your schedule, put in the effort. I kept studying and trying and I was able to get certified and land a great job after only a month. If I can do it, so can YOU!
  • Evens Ridore  User Photo
    Evens Ridore • Tier II Support Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I previously lived in Haiti with a background in Civil Engineering and when I moved to the US, I worked as a Cable Technician at Comcast. I’m a guy who’s interested in a lot of things and when I found out about Yellow Tail Tech, I felt like it was something worth the try and right now, I can definitely say it’s worth it as I sure am very satisfied with my life now as a Linux System Admin at Department of State, thanks to Yellow Tail Tech.
    The instructors at Yellow Tail are superb.  They provide so much knowledge and information and you can ask them anything and they will not hold back and give you everything you need to know.  The environment with the students is also a very positive one, no one gets frustrated or impatient since going in we know that we are all starting at a beginner’s level.  We were encouraged to share our own knowledge and that created a great support system among all the students.  I also really liked the Slack channel, where we could get ideas, support, debate and receive all kinds of information related to our course.
  • Mike Coriolan  User Photo
    Mike Coriolan • Automation Engineer Verified via GitHub
    I dropped out of college because I was looking for an alternative to the traditional education experience, and when I found Yellow Tail Tech, it immediately propelled me to where I am right now which is a Automation Engineer.

One major thing that really attracted me to the program was their 92% certification rate.  I knew going in that if I put in the effort and did the work, I was going to obtain my certification and that would lead to a job offer in no time.  And that is exactly what happened, I passed my test and obtained my certification and had offers coming in that same week.

I love how broad the job market is. A lot of jobs are available whether you’re a college graduate or not and there are so many opportunities that you can get.

If you’re someone like me looking for a career path, I can assure you, this is a great choice for you!