yellow-tail-tech-logo

Yellow Tail Tech

Yellow Tail Tech

Yellow Tail Tech offers online AWS DevOps Engineer (44 weeks) and Linux System Administrator (24 weeks) bootcamps. Yellow Tail Tech is a hybrid e-learning program combining pre-recorded video instruction and online exercises with weekly live sessions tailored to fit the schedule of each cohort. Live sessions are typically held in the evenings to accommodate working professionals. Yellow Tail tech students should expect to spend 7 to 10 hours per week on bootcamp classes and activities.

AWS DevOps Engineer bootcamp students will learn to deploy a fault-tolerant and resilient web service architecture in AWS, monitor availability, simulate and test failure scenarios and recovery, and optimize cloud service infrastructure for cost and performance. Students will learn how to use Terraform to provision and configure AWS services in a global configuration, evaluate a cloud environment’s security vulnerabilities, and write code to automate tasks using AWS APIs and AWS Lambda.

Linux System Administrator bootcamp students will learn to install and configure OS and applications, deploy virtual machines, and perform user management tasks. Students will learn how to manage web servers, troubleshoot permission, performance and networking issues, and write bash scripts.

No prior technical experience is required to apply for either Yellow Tail Tech bootcamps. All prerequisites are built into the bootcamp curriculum designed for non-IT professionals. Yellow Tail Tech admits students based on a mutual fit selection process. Bootcamp acceptance is awarded following the required career strategy session, a 45 minute 1:1 Zoom call with a Yellow Tail Tech enrollment advisor.

Yellow Tail Tech bootcamp students may choose to enroll in an optional internship program. All bootcamp students will also receive individualized career coaching and mentoring.

Yellow Tail Tech offers a tuition reimbursement program. If bootcamp graduates don’t land a job within five months of internship completion, the full price of tuition will be reimbursed. In order to qualify for tuition reimbursement, bootcamp students must meet certain conditions including attending every live class session, completing all assignments, and scoring 70% or better on all tests. Yellow Tail Tech is a Maryland State WIOA Occupational Training provider and bootcamp students may qualify for state funding.

Recent Yellow Tail Tech Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (44) reviews for Yellow Tail Tech →

Recent Yellow Tail Tech News

• AWS For Jobs

Virtualization, Scrum, Python, Linux, GitHub, Git, CompTIA Network+, Cloud Computing, DevOps
    We offer financing options through our Financial Partner, Ascent Funding.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe are proud to offer a Tuition Reimbursement Program. If you don’t land a job within 5-Months of completing your internship, we will refund you the full price of your tuition.
    ScholarshipWe offer a $500 scholarship for students who are referred through Course Report.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior technical experience is required to apply. Our programs are specifically designed for people with no IT background.
  • Linux For Jobs

Virtualization, Scrum, GitHub, Git, CompTIA Network+, DevOps, Linux, Networking
    Start Date April 19, 2022
    Linux DevOps System Administrator bootcamp students will learn to install and configure OS and applications, deploy virtual machines, and perform user management tasks. Students will learn how to manage web servers, troubleshoot permission, performance and networking issues, and write bash scripts.
    We offer financing options through our Financial Partner, Ascent Funding.
    ScholarshipWe offer a $500 scholarship to all applicants referred through Course Report.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous tech experience required to apply. Our programs are specifically designed for people with no IT background.
    April 19, 2022 - Online Apply by April 19, 2022
    August 29, 2022 - Online Apply by August 29, 2022

• $500 Yellow Tail Tech Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Yellow Tail Tech scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• AWS For Jobs (Online)
  • Silas Fongwe  User Photo
    Silas Fongwe • Financial Associate I (For the moment) • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     Title: I don't know enough, but just the way they're taking me throughout the program, I believe I'm made to succeed:

I don't know where to start. The experience is just overwhelming. When I came in with Yellow Tail, the first day in our course, we had this brief review with Jubee and it was about the program that those that are here have been selected and are chosen and we are made to succeed. So when the program started, my instructors were so professional. They listen to everyone's problem very keenly, and they even put in extra hours to assist those that have difficulties. I am a good listener, so when I listen, I take notes, but some people are smarter than me, and so when I have issues, I always go back to my instructor after the class and I always listen to them, they are always willing to help, to listen and to assist. So, my class has been very exciting, and I have really gained a lot from Yellow Tail Tech because I never knew I could go so far, right now what I can do in Linux, I never knew I can do it. And there are a lot of things in Linux that I also need to know. I don't know enough, but just the way they're taking me throughout the program, I believe I'm made to succeed. At the end of this program, I think whatever the case, I will never regret it. I will not. But first of all, the aim of the program is for me to know what Linux is. They don't really care much about you being certified. They care much about you understanding what Linux is, and once you understand it, having a certification is not going to be difficult. You're going to just go into it and pass it. Right now I'm ready to take my certification after just three months of classes.

There is nothing in Linux that will be above me because I know where to get the resources, I know where to get assistance. I know how to ask my questions, and I know how to communicate the IT language. So there is absolutely nothing in IT, specifically in Linux, that I will not be able to handle, right now. In just three months! It's not like I've been in the program for six months. It's three months, April till today, August, is like three months.

My instructors are high-level professionals, and I envy them because I just wish I should have been in their place. Because of the way they handle the classes, they make it a little bit easy for someone to assimilate, even if you have no clue in Linux, or in IT. Riky is something else like he's that person. He smiles all the time, but he gives you the real thing. So if you come in to play with Riky, he'll play with you. But if you come in with seriousness, he's going to give you what you want. So thank God, in my class everybody is a joker and everybody wants to learn something, and Riky had it hot, because when he explains certain things and people are like, what's this? Riky will say, oh man, last class I said this. So he always goes back and forth to make sure that we are on the same page. I just love that dude. He told us that during the internship, he's going to make it difficult for us. I'm still waiting to see that because he's not that kind of person that he plays a lot, and the classes, his classes were so amazing. Now in IT infrastructure, if we talk about things like subnetting, I can give you whatever you want with subnetting, because he's so good at it. And I love the way he took the class. He was so serious, and even though he was playing, he was so serious and he made sure that we covered all the loopholes. And right now I'm good at IT, especially in IT infrastructure, building, connecting the routers to servers, and all that stuff. That would have made the class really interesting and I just love his assignments. His assignments were really enriching and they taught me a lot, because I spent hours on hours, and slept at 03:00 AM at times just to complete assignments.

So if you come to Yellow Tech, please be ready to work because it’s not a place for someone to come and sleep. That's what I will say.

Thank you Yellow Tail Tech, I will forever be grateful to you.
  • Kevin Ngweno  User Photo
    Kevin Ngweno • Cybersecurity Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience as a student at Yellow Tail Tech has been great from the get-go. From the time when I decided that I want to be in Yellow Tail Tech, I reached out to the team. They told me part of the aspects of it. The team was quick to reach out back to me. I had a great interview. They kind of broke it down for me, the whole program. Currently, I've been at AWS for jobs. They broke down the program structure from start to finish. To me, AWS for Jobs is a great program. And to anybody who wants to take the leap of faith and go into IT, either AWS or Linux, the other program that Yellow Tail offers, I definitely recommend that you join the course. The way the program is structured... It's a solid program. You are guaranteed to get a job if you get into this program. Definitely. The instructors are golden. Yellow Tail Tech has good instructors. The way they teach, and the way they instruct it’s very different from a college aspect. The teaching is handled. As they teach, they walk you through everything that you are doing. And another thing is they start from zero. Currently, my classes are with different people who are at different IT levels. There are some who are below the IT level, and who are in the IT industry for a very long time. There are some who have zero IT. But by the way, the instructors will break it down from zero to as we build up..., I am also in the IT industry, but the way the instructor taught us is like filling in the gaps from what I previously learned. And the instructors are very educated in their professions and they are very patient with the students. That's the key thing about the instructors that are clever. They're very patient with the students. If you ask a question they’re always ready to answer. And also there are recordings on every class that is available for us to download and so we can use them anytime.
  • Keith Dixon  User Photo
    Keith Dixon • O.R. Supply Technician • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience at Yellow Tail Tech has been an awesome experience. This program has been well thought out. There's evidently been a lot of preparation and real thought put into it, which makes it different from all of the other little programs. In other programs, you get in there and you don't know anything by the time you're done and you’re still just as confused as before you started. What I also love about the program is that there's never just one main instructor. You get two or three different ones, and what's great about having a variety of teachers is that what you may not get with one, you may understand with another. And it doesn't mean that one is presenting great while the other is not -no, it’s just they present it in different ways. So even if you don’t get it the first time you’ll surely be able to understand it the second time around. The modules are also set up in a structured manner. And the thing that I love is the fact that they advertise, "Hey, if you want to break into IT, you've never done IT, here come." I've seen a lot of programs say that, and then when I get in there, I'm like, "Okay, I get this because I've done some courses, but I know somebody else won't get this." The modules really are broken down from A to Z. You start with the building blocks, and they give you the basics. It’s not like having a bunch of topics getting thrown at you, but it’s given to you in a very consumable way. I don’t want to say spoon-fed but it's given to you at a pace that you can consume it, digest it, understand it, and then move to the next thing. I always say that any program that can keep my attention, has done a great job. It’s very engaging. The key is to always practice. You got to practice the things you learn because they give you everything. I'm excited and nervous at the same time to get to the exam because once I get to the exam, that means I can go to the internship part. It's great. It keeps you going, it keeps you motivated, and it gives you that drive. Cert Prep is my favorite part. I like the way it’s presented and I like the speed that we’re going. You have to make sure that all the things you need to know you have put in your memory. That’s why practice is very important. As soon as they said cert prep was the start of the week, I don't know what happened. I'm even more hyper-focused now. It was crazy. Also, they gave us t-shirts, I'd wear those T-shirts anywhere. I want somebody to ask me about it so I can be like, "Yellow Tail Tech. Let me tell you what it's all about. "What I would love, I hope as the years go by that they'll even branch out and offer other courses. Not just Linux, but maybe one day start offering courses like cybersecurity. I love how they got AWS, and they got the Linux thing, but if they can set it up and have everything the way this program is set, that would be great. I'd recommend it to everybody. Everybody, do Yellow Tail Tech.

• Pierre Milien  User Photo
    Pierre Milien • IT Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’ve had several years of experience as Windows Admin prior to Yellow Tail Tech but I’ve always been so curious about the Linux System.

When I entered the program, I didn’t expect it to be so intense and challenging but at the same time rewarding. You gotta put in a lot of work so be prepared to study and practice a lot. The best thing about Yellow Tail Tech are the people, my fellow students who are very diverse and the instructors who put in a lot of effort to help you in every step of the way. Allan, Thierry, and Zee are the most attentive, cool-headed, knowledgeable people I know.

I’m currently in their RHCSA Prep Program but I can definitely say I’m confident enough to take the certification exam and I couldn’t do it without Yellow Tail Tech.
  • Saeed Owuwu  User Photo
    Saeed Owuwu • Network Support Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
     When  Yellow Tail Tech was introduced to me by a friend, I was already working at Amazon in the Network Deployment Team. I was pretty skeptical about it because I've been taking some courses from other platforms and programs which turned out to be unbeneficial to me.

I gave Yellow Tail Tech a shot because I've been hearing a lot of great things about it and when I started the class, I easily felt its difference from the other programs that I took. So far, I'm already applying some of the skills that I acquired in my day-to-day job.

The Instructors were very patient with us. They provide great education from their experience as professionals in the field. The recorded sessions were the most helpful for me because I can go back to it whenever I need to and it always feels like I'm in that class again.

I really appreciate Allan, our lead instructor, because he gives every single one of us a chance to ask questions and he would really take his time to explain it to you. He makes sure that you understand it before he moves on to the next and when he knows that you didn't get the topic, he asks you to stay after class to go through the topic again to make sure you're confident enough. What I also loved about the instructors is that they are very flexible to your needs. Whenever I'm too busy at work and I ask them if they can help me on the weekends, they were always there even on Sundays.

The way they structured their program is awesome! It starts from the bottom to help people with no IT knowledge up to the end where every student can feel ready and well-equipped to find a job.

All of my fellow students are fantastic. It is a great community of motivated people. They will make you feel like a part of a family. David, now part-time instructor, helped us a lot during the weekends.

The money that I paid for the class is so worth it. I will recommend this program 100% to those who want to change their lives for the better.

I am already eyeing an internal position at Amazon and I have Yellow Tail Tech to thank for that.

Great job to Yellow Tail Tech's Team!
  • Steven Bell  User Photo
    Steven Bell • HR Coordinator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Yellow Tail Tech has been really wonderful. I've seen other I.T. Companies or Bootcamps advertising, but something about Yellow Tail's advertising kind of drove it home for me. It really spoke to me and made me wanted to pursue Yellow Tail Tech.

I've been training with them for 5 and half months now and my experience has been excellent as far as the materials, the instructors, the time frame that works around my job, it just all falls into place. I have enough study time, enough classroom time, and nothing is interfering with my day-to-day life. Also, I'm learning a new skill so I give Yellow Tail Tech, two thumbs up!

The Instructors that I have are Certified Red Hat System Administrators. They are very knowledgeable and they teach from real-world experience. They don't move forward with another project unless you're getting the concepts and if you have problems, they organize reviews on the weekends that you can attend so you can catch up and learn those things that you might have had difficulties grasping.

The structure of the program is very straight-forward, they start you with the basics then you build-up from the basics. The program is really user-friendly. They take it slow for you so you can digest these new information and concepts. I'm really pleased and happy with it.  Right now, I'm on the Certification Prep Program and I'm really confident because I've been doing a lot of Certification Practice Exams. With the training and knowledge that I got from Yellow Tail Tech's program, it doesn't matter which exam I pull online, I'm able to answer the questions with confidence and with ease.

I'm very confident that once I complete the certification prep program, I will be passing that exam with the knowledge that I've gained.

All thanks to Yellow Tail Tech!
  • Maurice Nelson  User Photo
    Maurice Nelson • IT Support • Verified via LinkedIn
     I started my Linux for Jobs program with Yellow Tail Tech with a background in help desk. I thought it's gonna be really easy for me but honestly, I was challenged in a good way.

What I love about them is how hands-on they are from start to finish. They gave us this really great internship and even guided us with personalized career strategies after the program. They won't just teach you and stop there. I can't find the right words to describe how great they are in providing student support. Really, hands down!

I can truly say that Yellow Tail Tech is easily one of the best boot camps out there!!!
  • Charles W Holland, Jr.  User Photo
    Charles W Holland, Jr. • Enterprise Service Desk Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I thought working in Windows and Help Desk was the end game for me until I saw Jubee's video The Biggest Myth in I.T. I got curious and did more research about Linux and the last thing I knew, I was already enrolling on Linux for Jobs and since then, I couldn't be any happier with my decision.

What I instantly noticed about Yellow Tail Tech is that they select their student applicants well and you'll easily see how it benefits the students because once you enter the program, everyone's motivated, all of us are striving to get a better career. It's so much better working in a great environment like that backed up by quality support from our instructors. Special thanks to Allan, David, Thierry, and Zee for being so proactive in helping us.

Thank you Yellow Tail Tech for the opportunities you are giving us. I'm really hoping you'll stick around for years helping more people like me. Kudos!
  • Ribert Michel  User Photo
    Ribert Michel • Linux System Administrator • Verified via LinkedIn

I was already in Network Administration but I thought I wanted to grow further.
    It was pretty hard for me to switch my career but Yellow Tail Tech helped me turn my fear into confidence.

At first, I doubted myself and failed my certification but I tried and worked harder thanks to the support I got from Yellow Tail Tech and the 2nd time I tried, I was able to pass and look where I am today: I received a offer from FBI as a Linux System Admin with 145K a year!
    I gave my family financial freedom doing something that I enjoy and that's what my goal in life is!

Yellow Tail Tech really changed my life.
    They helped me from start to finish. They provided an elective internship program and even backed-up their course with a Student Reimbursement Program where you will be refunded your full tuition if you do not receive an offer within a set amount of time after your internship, but you know what, in the past 6 years, they have never reimbursed anyone yet
  • Julien Dale  User Photo
    Julien Dale • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Working in Windows and help desk can sometimes be a little boring and that's the reason why I want to take on a new challenge.

When I saw Yellow Tail Tech's program catalog, I instantly knew how more thorough and comprehensive their program is compared to what other bootcamps are offering. That alone convinced me to enroll, and once I was in, it did not disappoint.

The Instructors are so hands on. They encouraged us to learn more and ask questions. Even though the programs are done online, I was amazed to see that it's even more interactive than face-to-face classes!

Thanks to Yellow Tail Tech, I recently received my RHCSA Certification and I was able to experience how fun I.T. can be and not only that, it also opened a lot of better opportunities for me.
  • Great program
    - 5/18/2021
    James maurice  User Photo
    James maurice • Linux system admin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After living and working in Haiti for a long time, I felt I needed a change.
    I had a little bit of IT knowledge, but it was not something that I felt confident could help me land a job.  After looking into the course at Yellow Tail, meeting with Jubee and seeing the type of education and support I would receive I did not hesitate to enroll in the course, and so I left Haiti and moved to the US right away so I can get into the program. No regrets because I now hold a position as a Linux Systems Administrator at NIH.Everything at Yellow Tail is structured with your success in mind.  The instructors, the course materials, the support that you get, even the environment that is created with the students with their “no man (or woman) left behind” mentality.  This gives you a confidence boost and along with putting in the work you just know that you are going to be successful.  I am very happy with the training I received.  I have a great salary which gives me so much peace of mind and I am continuing my path to bigger and better things with the foundation that Yellow Tail Tech provided for me
  • Chip Vera  User Photo
    Chip Vera • Linux System Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was working in a Car Dealership before and I wanted something new, something that can fulfill me and  that I would be happy with. I have reached at the top of the ladder of the dealership and felt that I could not go any higher. So one day I was taking my lunch break and went to the supermarket and that is where I say advertisement for Yellow Tail, so I started doing research online about Linux system administrators and i did not understand anything that was there. I called and Jubee answered, we set a one on  one to talk about the course. It was exactly what I was looking for. Small classes, no conflict with my work schedule and did not have to have IT experience. I was convinced after the first 5 mins.  During the session, the instructors are the best. They are always on top of everything to help and guide us reach our goals. My fellow students are like a family to me. We  formed a study group so we motivated each other so we could all pass the certification and get more opportunities. We still stay in touch and support each other if any of us have issues at work.  As for the program structure, it’s amazing! Yellow Tail Tech guided me all throughout and after I took the program, it has led me to a lot of great possibilities. The number of job opportunities I got across the state is incredible. I received job offers from California, New York, New Jersey and a lot more! I still receive phone call and emails from recruiter asking if I am available for new opportunities.  I definitely recommend this program to those who are looking for something new and better for their careers. From working at a car dealership, I now work as an Linux  Administrator at NIH. Who would have thought I can make a lot of money doing something I actually love?
    I owe it all to Yellow Tail Tech!