yellow-tail-tech-logo

Yellow Tail Tech

Yellow Tail Tech

Yellow Tail Tech offers online AWS DevOps Engineer (44 weeks) and Linux System Administrator (24 weeks) bootcamps. Yellow Tail Tech is a hybrid e-learning program combining pre-recorded video instruction and online exercises with weekly live sessions tailored to fit the schedule of each cohort. Live sessions are typically held in the evenings to accommodate working professionals. Yellow Tail tech students should expect to spend 7 to 10 hours per week on bootcamp classes and activities.

AWS DevOps Engineer bootcamp students will learn to deploy a fault-tolerant and resilient web service architecture in AWS, monitor availability, simulate and test failure scenarios and recovery, and optimize cloud service infrastructure for cost and performance. Students will learn how to use Terraform to provision and configure AWS services in a global configuration, evaluate a cloud environment’s security vulnerabilities, and write code to automate tasks using AWS APIs and AWS Lambda.

Linux System Administrator bootcamp students will learn to install and configure OS and applications, deploy virtual machines, and perform user management tasks. Students will learn how to manage web servers, troubleshoot permission, performance and networking issues, and write bash scripts.

No prior technical experience is required to apply for either Yellow Tail Tech bootcamps. All prerequisites are built into the bootcamp curriculum designed for non-IT professionals. Yellow Tail Tech admits students based on a mutual fit selection process. Bootcamp acceptance is awarded following the required career strategy session, a 45 minute 1:1 Zoom call with a Yellow Tail Tech enrollment advisor.

Yellow Tail Tech bootcamp students may choose to enroll in an optional internship program. All bootcamp students will also receive individualized career coaching and mentoring.

Yellow Tail Tech offers a tuition reimbursement program. If bootcamp graduates don’t land a job within five months of internship completion, the full price of tuition will be reimbursed. In order to qualify for tuition reimbursement, bootcamp students must meet certain conditions including attending every live class session, completing all assignments, and scoring 70% or better on all tests. Yellow Tail Tech is a Maryland State WIOA Occupational Training provider and bootcamp students may qualify for state funding.

Recent Yellow Tail Tech Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (18) reviews for Yellow Tail Tech →

Recent Yellow Tail Tech News

• AWS DevOps Engineer

DevOps, Cloud Computing
    We offer financing options through our Financial Partner, Climb Credit:
    Refund / GuaranteeWe are proud to offer a Tuition Reimbursement Program. If you don’t land a job within 5-Months of completing your internship, we will refund you the full price of your tuition.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior technical experience is required to apply

• Great program
    - 5/18/2021
    James maurice  User Photo
    James maurice • Linux system admin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After living and working in Haiti for a long time, I felt I needed a change.
    I had a little bit of IT knowledge, but it was not something that I felt confident could help me land a job.  After looking into the course at Yellow Tail, meeting with Jubee and seeing the type of education and support I would receive I did not hesitate to enroll in the course, and so I left Haiti and moved to the US right away so I can get into the program. No regrets because I now hold a position as a Linux Systems Administrator at NIH.Everything at Yellow Tail is structured with your success in mind.  The instructors, the course materials, the support that you get, even the environment that is created with the students with their “no man (or woman) left behind” mentality.  This gives you a confidence boost and along with putting in the work you just know that you are going to be successful.  I am very happy with the training I received.  I have a great salary which gives me so much peace of mind and I am continuing my path to bigger and better things with the foundation that Yellow Tail Tech provided for me
  • Chip Vera  User Photo
    Chip Vera • Linux System Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was working in a Car Dealership before and I wanted something new, something that can fulfill me and  that I would be happy with. I have reached at the top of the ladder of the dealership and felt that I could not go any higher. So one day I was taking my lunch break and went to the supermarket and that is where I say advertisement for Yellow Tail, so I started doing research online about Linux system administrators and i did not understand anything that was there. I called and Jubee answered, we set a one on  one to talk about the course. It was exactly what I was looking for. Small classes, no conflict with my work schedule and did not have to have IT experience. I was convinced after the first 5 mins.  During the session, the instructors are the best. They are always on top of everything to help and guide us reach our goals. My fellow students are like a family to me. We  formed a study group so we motivated each other so we could all pass the certification and get more opportunities. We still stay in touch and support each other if any of us have issues at work.  As for the program structure, it’s amazing! Yellow Tail Tech guided me all throughout and after I took the program, it has led me to a lot of great possibilities. The number of job opportunities I got across the state is incredible. I received job offers from California, New York, New Jersey and a lot more! I still receive phone call and emails from recruiter asking if I am available for new opportunities.  I definitely recommend this program to those who are looking for something new and better for their careers. From working at a car dealership, I now work as an Linux  Administrator at NIH. Who would have thought I can make a lot of money doing something I actually love?
    I owe it all to Yellow Tail Tech!

• Evens Ridore  User Photo
    Evens Ridore • Tier II Support Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I previously lived in Haiti with a background in Civil Engineering and when I moved to the US, I worked as a Cable Technician at Comcast. I’m a guy who’s interested in a lot of things and when I found out about Yellow Tail Tech, I felt like it was something worth the try and right now, I can definitely say it’s worth it as I sure am very satisfied with my life now as a Linux System Admin at Department of State, thanks to Yellow Tail Tech.
    The instructors at Yellow Tail are superb.  They provide so much knowledge and information and you can ask them anything and they will not hold back and give you everything you need to know.  The environment with the students is also a very positive one, no one gets frustrated or impatient since going in we know that we are all starting at a beginner’s level.  We were encouraged to share our own knowledge and that created a great support system among all the students.  I also really liked the Slack channel, where we could get ideas, support, debate and receive all kinds of information related to our course.
  • Mike Coriolan  User Photo
    Mike Coriolan • Automation Engineer Verified via GitHub
    I dropped out of college because I was looking for an alternative to the traditional education experience, and when I found Yellow Tail Tech, it immediately propelled me to where I am right now which is a Automation Engineer.

One major thing that really attracted me to the program was their 92% certification rate.  I knew going in that if I put in the effort and did the work, I was going to obtain my certification and that would lead to a job offer in no time.  And that is exactly what happened, I passed my test and obtained my certification and had offers coming in that same week.

I love how broad the job market is. A lot of jobs are available whether you’re a college graduate or not and there are so many opportunities that you can get.

If you’re someone like me looking for a career path, I can assure you, this is a great choice for you!
  • Jose De la Mota  User Photo
    Jose De la Mota • Foreman • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If anyone is looking for a new path or new exciting career in a field that is constantly innovating and involved in our lives everyday (Linux) then this here is the program for you. This program will help you get you certified as a Linux System Admin or AWS admin in minimal time. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a path to the future of technology.
  • Waeil Eltelbany  User Photo
    Waeil Eltelbany • self employed • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Yellow Tail Tech is fantastic. They are exceeding my expectations.
    The instructors are really great, they are putting a lot of time to help us with the lessons during and after class. I cannot be happier with the instructors that we have.The program format is great, it's clearly made by professional people who have solid background and understanding of the programs and job market. The programs are really targetting all you have to know about Linux. The people behind Yellow Tail Tech who designed the programs and the instructors know exactly what is needed to be delivered for us to be successful in the industry.Yellow Tail Tech provided us with a student hub in order to help us communicate and exchange knowledge and experiences with each other. It's such a great tool for us to ask questions, get some answers, get tips, and other things that can help us with our journey.I've been enjoying this program a lot. It's been challenging, there's no question about that, but everyone's motivated to succeed. The instructors are giving us something to look forward to everyday with more and more students getting certified. It's what's keeping us excited and inspired to go on with our journey.I will definitely recommend Yellow Tail Tech to others because they have a very well-structured program. There's nothing more that I could ask for from the programs, curriculum, student environment, and instructors - it's the perfect program for someone looking for a better career and better future.
  • Khashayar Asghari  User Photo
    Khashayar Asghari • Property Management • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Yellow Tail Tech has been an interesting journey.
    The team is really supportive. The student hub makes it really easy to just express our ideas and ask any questions.As for the instructors and TAs, they are really helpful and reassuring.
    One of my instructors, Zee, is the one who actually introduced me to the program. He is definitely an ocean of information. David, is very knowledgeable  and is willing to help us every step of the way.The program format is really nice. The courses and syllabus are clear and helpful.
    The way Yellow Tail Tech set-up the program is very organized and they give us all the resources that we need.The student environment is very friendly, everybody's helping one another and there's no competition.
    The other students are very nice, helpful, and if they know something, they just share it with everybody in the class.I've never enjoyed a course this much that I actually put in hours every day just to make sure that I get the concept, ideas, and I work hard until I am comfortable.
    Yellow Tail Tech is providing us a one-of-a-kind student experience.
  • Kunle John Adex Sr.  User Photo
    Kunle John Adex Sr. • Linux System Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Yellow Tail Tech is phenomenal.

Yellow Tail Tech is like a gateway for me to believe you can own the world. I enjoyed the course from day one to the last day of the program. The instructors at Yellow Tail Tech are beyond comparison.

Their technical knowledge with real-world experience puts their students in a position where they too can boast about themselves with full courage during a job interview. I like the way the program was set up.

My experience as a non-IT background person, I was able to start the program with baby steps to giant strides in 6 months and was able to shine during my job interview and landed a job as a Federal Contractor at Sandia National Laboratories. All these with the help of the way the program was set up. I really enjoyed the program at Yellow Tail Tech and I am ready to advance in my career as a Linux Engineer.
  • Zartosht  User Photo
    Zartosht • Linux System Administrator • Verified via LinkedIn

YellowTail is not just a school, it is a valuable experience for anyone who wants an IT
    immersive experience. As a non-IT background employee who was after a career change,
    I wasn't sure what to expect or how I would be received. I was excited to see on day one,
    not just the cultural diversity of the class, but diversity in every meaning of the word.
    Everyone was embraced and accepted no matter their background. The program itself is
    not only an extremely comprehensive, well structured, and hands-on crash course on IT
    technical knowledge in general and Linux knowledge in specific (in my case) it also
    provides students with a real-time hands-on experience to become a Linux system
    administrator by having an opportunity of 2 months of virtual internship which helped me
    not only experience the day-by-day workflow of a Linux system admin but also being able
    to speak with confidence about it in my job interviews. The instructors are all current Linux
    administrators - engineers
     who don't just teach theory but rely on their experience to relay
    the knowledge. The support team is dedicated to the success of every student and will
    work diligently to make sure that every graduate shines! I know that my landing a Linux
    sysadmin role is a direct result of my YellowTail training. I would highly recommend
    YellowTail to anyone looking to break into the IT world as a Linux system administrator or a
    AWS Sys-Ups engineer to definitely consider YellowTail not only as a school but also as a
    bridge to become an IT professional from even zero.
  • Kelvin Taylor  User Photo
    Kelvin Taylor • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience in Yellow Tail Tech has been outstanding and eye-opening.
    I've learned a lot and so far, everything's been great.
    My instructors, Zee, Cedric, and David are doing a phenomenal job.
    They can answer all the questions that we have, they have a lot of insights, experiences, and history with their previous jobs, and they are definitely experts in the field.
    Their current positions now definitely inspire and motivates me and I'm sure that's what other students in my class feel.
    The program format is excellent. We learn from one another and there are tons of resources.
    I definitely love the recorded sessions, that's something that I've never experienced before and I wish they would do that in traditional schools.
    I think it would really help a lot of people because there's a lot of things that you might miss that you didn't realize.

Everything is great with Yellow Tail Tech -- the resources, the instructors, the program format, the student environment.
    I couldn't ask for more and I'm very much enjoying every minute of the classes.

I recommend this 10 out of 10 because this is definitely a unique way of getting into technology especially with someone who may have little to no knowledge of I.T.

Kudos, Yellow Tail Tech!

• Archie Pinkney  User Photo
    Archie Pinkney • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have been in data processing more years than I care to remember.  In fact, I had retired from the industry.  However, LIFE & some medical bills has brought me back.  I had been an application developer,  However, I was interested in the cloud.  I soon became aware that rising to clouds without being grounded in the basics was foggily, confusing.  That led me to understand that Linux was the right connection.  I was then ready and Jubee's video came across my system.  He was looking for people who were ready to learn ... that was me!

I have been a trainer and adjunct professor, but I have been blown away by the training one receives at Yellow Tail Tech.  Not only do they have the curriculum hone to a fine point, focusing on the most crucial needs of the industry, but they have found the most knowledgeable, skilled instructors to deliver the classes in a most engaging way.  I thought I knew how to teach, having worked in multiple types of classes and married to a Christian Educator.  But I have learned a thing for two myself about teaching as well as Linux.

Finally, the program attracts some of the most outstanding people around.  My cohort has become some of the best friends I have ever had.  They will be friends for life.  I would not have met them if not for Yellow Tail Tech, because they are from all over the country in every time zone.  Recommending the program to others is a question that need not be asked among my cohort!

I will be forever thankful to Yellow Tail Tech. Cheers!
  • Ibrahima Doumbia  User Photo
    Ibrahima Doumbia • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I have a background in I.T., but what was missing was knowledge on Linux and I was looking for some guidance, great training, and a roadmap to follow.
    Then, when I met Jubee, I instantly knew that was it. I decided to skip three full semesters as I am pursuing my BS in Computer Science at University of Houston Downtown and enrolled in Yellow Tail Tech.
    The enrollment process was straight-forward and very convenient. I met a great team of trainers: Allan, Thierry, Georges, Zee and others. The support I got was amazing and the possibilities are limitless.
    I met a lot of classmates who don't have a background on  I.T. but at Yellow Tail, we all entered Linux world with the most supportive network, dedicated trainers, great resources, and fun environment.
    I really enjoyed having discussions on different topics with my classmates and we always learn new things from our trainers. Diversity, inclusion, and respect are seen and practiced at Yellow Tail Tech and that's something I value a lot. What amazed me as well is that, Allan, the main instructor is very open to any questions we have. He is very polite and respectful as the rest of the trainers.Yellow Tail Tech is the best learning institute for me, and no matter what your background is, you will be welcome here.
    I enjoyed this journey a lot, with great, hands-on and remarkable experience that I will never forget and will always be thankful for.Yellow Tail Tech has trained so many people and saved a lot of people who are drowning in careers that they are not growing from.
    So if you're still on the fence, I'm here to tell you, it's worth it. It's time to join because I did, and I am now part of this wonderful family and group of amazing people creating a better tomorrow for many years to come.Thank you so much and God bless.
    Learning never stops.