worcester-state-university-coding-certificate-bootcamp-logo

Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp

Boston

Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp

Worcester State University offers an immersive part-time, 20-week coding certificate bootcamp located in Worcester, Massachusetts. Students learn web application skills and languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node.js, RESTful APIs, and SQL. With its project-based curriculum, students complete projects for real-world companies. Bootcamp graduates also learn adaptability, lean methodology, agile methodology, interview skills, and high-stakes communication.

Worcester State University’s bootcamp is designed to fit around a work schedule. Classes meet three nights a week from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. The bootcamp is designed for students with little to no prior programming experience. There is no application process.

Students who complete the program receive a Worcester State University web development certificate, and leave with a project portfolio suitable to be shown to potential employers. Students gain a network of web developers and mentors with industry experience to guide them during and after the coding bootcamp experience. Graduates from the program go on to be web developers, junior software developers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, junior product managers, and technical customer success managers.

Worcester State University’s coding bootcamp was created in partnership with Stack Education.

Recent Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.25

all (4) reviews for Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp →

Recent Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp News

• Clinical Trial Management Program

LocationBoston
      In this accelerated course, you will learn the fundamentals of good clinical practices, clinical site management, and site monitoring from industry experts using a case-based method of instruction. Our interactive approach is ideal for rehearsing the common interactions among drug company sponsors, principal investigators, regulatory bodies, study coordinators, monitors, and contract research organizations. Upon finishing our program, you will be able to hit the ground running as a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) or Clinical Research Associate (CRA).
      • Sallie Mae
      • Skills Fund
      • Meritize
      • Mentor Works
      Tuition PlansYes
    • Web Development Bootcamp

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, DevOps, Node.js, Front End, SQL, MVC
      LocationBoston
      Students learn JavaScript, SQL, MySQL, RESTful APIs, Express.js, HTTP, test driven development, Node.js, Git, Github, Model-View-Controller (MVC Architecture), functional programming, Amazon Alexa Skills, JSON, Mocha, Chai, Expect, DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), HTML and CSS. Classes meet in-person three evenings a week. Graduates of the program will have a completed portfolio of real-world projects and will also receive a Web Development Certificate.
      Sallie Mae
      Mentor Works
      Skills Fund
      Meritize
      Tuition PlansYes
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience required.
      Prep WorkSome light prep work
    • Brittany Anderson  User Photo
      Brittany Anderson • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I was looking for a career change at the end of 2019 and started researching web development. I loved that this bootcamp was local and offered one day a week in person classes. I was so nervous that I would end up in over my head (I had ZERO coding experience) but all of my nerves went away after orientation. I was so inspired by that first day of class. This isn't just a web development course, this is also a course in professional and personal development. My classmates came from all different backgrounds and that made this class so much more interesting! We were encouraged to discuss our different backgrounds and to celebrate and utilize each other's strengths. I always felt comfortable asking questions in class and was never made to feel embarrassed for not understanding something. The instructors do an an amazing job of balancing teaching technical skills and soft skills. I still can't believe how much I learned and all of the things I built in just a few months. I was so impressed with how quickly and efficiently they were able to pivot our class to 100% online when the pandemic started in March, they were still able to provide a number of interesting and informational speakers and engage all of us in meaningful discussions. All students are offered career support after graduation which was extended for many of us due to the tough job market during the pandemic. You will not find a more supportive group of teachers and staff who truly care about your future. These are people I know I will stay in touch with for years to come and skills that I will use for life.
    • Covers its bases
      - 11/13/2020
      Alexander • Graduate
      Definitely a good bootcamp to participate in if it's in your area. You will be given assignments weekly to learn the ins and outs of back end web development primarily, though there is some coverage for front end with HTML/CSS for making a static portfolio site. There is also a co op project done with an industry partner that you can definitely write about on your resume to show you have some experience in taking on real world problems. Instructors differ with each cohort but mine went above and beyond to get us to learn and continue learning even after the bootcamp by hosting coding meet ups at a local cafe frequently before COVID struck. If there's one thing you should do to make this experience worthwhile, it's to keep learning beyond the classes. Regardless of your bootcamp choice, you are only learning the beginnings of development. How far you go is on you after that.
    • Marina • Student
      This is a great program if you're just starting out in the field of web development and you want to learn some hands-on experience with JavaScript and React. They help you get started using Git as a repository for saving projects and give you tips on how to get a job in the field. They also bring on guest speakers that you can network with who also work with web development across different industries. It was a fun experience to learn how to code and see what you can do with it but it was also great to find a group of like-minded people to work alongside with and gain new friends and mentors!
    • Dawdu • Software Engineer • Graduate

My Bootcamp experience was challenging since I came with no prior coding experience. Between struggling to learn git commands, javascript functions, connecting to databases and debugging solutions for months the pressure was on. The Bootcamp gave me access to tech projects, team building and complex algorithms to harness my skills. I always found technology interesting due to its ability to solve complex problems and the reach it could create in bettering my community. I was denied acceptance into a prior coding Bootcamp I applied too. Yet, I didn’t allow the voices in my head to make me quit or tell me you’re too old to get into STEM. I saw the advertisement for Worcester State University Bootcamp online. I read what the core skills the course was offering and signed up immediately with my fingers crossed. I spoke to Rich DiTieri, the Co-Founder and COO of Stack Education on the phone for thirty minutes. We talked about everything ranging from technical training, craft beer, and entrepreneurship. We instantly clicked straight away. Rich accepted me into the WSU Coding Program and made me feel confident about learning how to code. It would ensure that I could adapt to the gentrification and automation that is taking place across inner cities and workplaces in America. Now months after graduating I am a full time software engineer thanks to the skills I learned during my Bootcamp cohort.