worcester-state-university-coding-certificate-bootcamp-logo

Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp

Boston

Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp

Worcester State University offers an immersive part-time, 18-week coding certificate bootcamp located in Worcester, Massachusetts. Students learn Amazon Alexa skills and languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Node.js, RESTful APIs, and SQL. With its project-based curriculum, students complete projects for real-world companies. Bootcamp graduates also learn adaptability, lean methodology, agile methodology, interview skills, and high-stakes communication.

Worcester State University’s bootcamp is designed to fit around a work schedule. Classes meet three nights a week from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. The bootcamp is designed for students with little to no prior programming experience. There is no application process. A MacBook Air is included with the bootcamp tuition.

Students who complete the program receive a Worcester State University web development certificate, and leave with a project portfolio suitable to be shown to potential employers. Students gain a network of web developers and mentors with industry experience to guide them during and after the coding bootcamp experience. Graduates from the program go on to be web developers, junior software developers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, junior product managers, and technical customer success managers.

Worcester State University’s coding bootcamp was created in partnership with Stack Education.

Recent Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.0

all (1) reviews for Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp →

Recent Worcester State University Coding Certificate Bootcamp News

• Web Development Bootcamp

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, DevOps, Node.js, Front End, MVC, SQL
      LocationBoston
      Students learn JavaScript, SQL, MySQL, RESTful APIs, Express.js, HTTP, test driven development, Node.js, Git, Github, Model-View-Controller (MVC Architecture), functional programming, Amazon Alexa Skills, JSON, Mocha, Chai, Expect, DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), HTML and CSS. Classes meet in-person three evenings a week. Graduates of the program will have a completed portfolio of real-world projects and will also receive a Web Development Certificate.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience required.

• Dawdu • Software Engineer • Graduate

My Bootcamp experience was challenging since I came with no prior coding experience. Between struggling to learn git commands, javascript functions, connecting to databases and debugging solutions for months the pressure was on. The Bootcamp gave me access to tech projects, team building and complex algorithms to harness my skills. I always found technology interesting due to its ability to solve complex problems and the reach it could create in bettering my community. I was denied acceptance into a prior coding Bootcamp I applied too. Yet, I didn’t allow the voices in my head to make me quit or tell me you’re too old to get into STEM. I saw the advertisement for Worcester State University Bootcamp online. I read what the core skills the course was offering and signed up immediately with my fingers crossed. I spoke to Rich DiTieri, the Co-Founder and COO of Stack Education on the phone for thirty minutes. We talked about everything ranging from technical training, craft beer, and entrepreneurship. We instantly clicked straight away. Rich accepted me into the WSU Coding Program and made me feel confident about learning how to code. It would ensure that I could adapt to the gentrification and automation that is taking place across inner cities and workplaces in America. Now months after graduating I am a full time software engineer thanks to the skills I learned during my Bootcamp cohort.