Recent Treehouse News
- September 2016 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- May 2016 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
Recent Treehouse Reviews: Rating 5.0
Front End Web Development Techdegree
Java Web Development Techdegree
Python Web Development Techdegree
iOS Development Techdegree
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Treehouse caters to a large audience. They make many of their materials available to everyone without having to pay. This is great for anyone on a tight budget or who just wants to get their feet wet. The videos are also superb quality and the teachers are very encouraging. Their courses cover a wide variety of technologies and languages.
Next, you can pay about $500/year to get additional, more advanced materials and take quizzes and code challenges.
Lastly, you have the tech degree program which is much more expensive, but is more intense and for those who seriously want to pursue software developer jobs.
I also like that they are completely online. Sure, you lose out on networking with individuals in person, but it's also very convenient.
Our latest on Treehouse
Welcome to the September 2016 Course Report monthly coding bootcamp news roundup! Each month, we look at all the happenings from the coding bootcamp world from new bootcamps to big fundraising announcements, to interesting trends. Of course, we cover our 2016 Outcomes and Demographics Report (we spent a ton of time on this one and hope everyone gets a chance to read it)! Other trends include growth of the industry, increasing diversity in tech through bootcamps, plus news about successful bootcamp alumni, and new schools and campuses. Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast!Continue Reading →
Welcome to the May 2016 Course Report monthly coding bootcamp news roundup! Each month we look at all the happenings from the coding bootcamp world, from acquisitions, to new bootcamps, to collaborations with universities, and also various reports and studies. Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup podcast.Continue Reading →