Techtonic Apprenticeship is a Department of Labor (DOL) Registered Software Developer Apprenticeship. Apprentices receive mentorship from professionals who are not only passionate about IT, but also passionate about helping others reach their potential as a future professional. In addition to technical skills, Techtonic Apprenticeship teaches professional development skills such as creativity, critical thinking, conflict management, goal setting, and how to run a meeting effectively and efficiently.
Techtonic Apprenticeship is part of Techtonic Group, a global company with a wide range of IT expertise in software application development. They focus on increasing opportunities for women, people of color, youth, and veterans to enter the information technology workforce.
Recent Techtonic Apprenticeship Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Techtonic Apprenticeship News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
- Start Date
- Rolling Start Date
- Class size
- Minimum Skill Level
- No previous IT or software coding experience is required. The minimum requirement is a High School Diploma or GED.
- Prep Work
- Placement Test
Techtonic Apprenticeship Reviews
4 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Much better than a bootcamp- 9/4/2019Stuart Yates • Software Developer • Graduate • Campus: Boulder • Verified via GitHub
I've been in the program for 6 months, and I can say for sure that Techtonic's apprenticeship is the best thing out there for people looking to get into software development, QA and product management. It starts with an intensive 3-month classroom portion, followed by 3-5 months working on professional client projects, and pays a decent hourly wage for the whole duration, with no fees whatsoever. The teaching staff is great, and the culture of the company itself is fantastic, from the CEO down to the devs.
Before starting the program, I was in an entirely different career, with very little coding experience. But now, I can stand up and architect a React or Django app, architect a NoSQL database, and set up and manage Google Analytics. I'd never written a line of CSS, but now I can write modular SCSS and set up SASS middleware. But the most rewarding thing has been the respect and mentorship apprentices get when they come to the floor, and the wealth of opportunities we're given. As Techtonic grows in reputation and continues to attract bigger clients, there are myriad chances to get your foot in the door with companies who'd never even glance at the resumé of a bootcamp grad.
If you're thinking about applying, you definitely should. The application process is rigorous, and the acceptance rate is around 10%, but if you have the drive and smarts, you'll be on your way to a rewarding career in software.
- Apprentice Software Developer- 4/4/2019Michael • Apprentice Software Developer • Student • Course: Software Developer Apprenticeship • Campus: Boulder
I've currently studied as a paid apprentice at Techtonic for 3 months now, and this company is amazing. I live farther from Techtonic than I have any other employer in my life, but every single day I'm excited to show up and do my best, regardless of inclement weather or illness or anything else. The work culture is extremely welcoming and filled with talented individuals from a multitude of backgrounds. The work is difficult and demanding, but the rewards are high if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. Software development can be extremely difficult to get into without prior experience or a computer science degree, but Techtonic doesn’t recruit based on that criteria. Anybody with any experience can apply and be accepted, and they pay you while you learn. They have a unique business model that addresses the labor gaps in tech, as well as helping individuals who are motivated but unable to break into the tech industry. As someone who's been to a traditional bootcamp prior to joining Techtonic, I can say from first-hand experience that the curriculum of the academy, the resources you have available, and the knowledge of the instructional team all surpass anything I experienced at my bootcamp.
- Anonymous • Student • Course: Software Developer Apprenticeship • Campus: Boulder
I have been attending the Techtonic Academy for the last three months as a software apprentice. I feel lucky to have had a group of instructors who address the unique learning styles each of us in the program process. There is a fire hose of information to learn but I feel like I've moved several steps closer to my goal of being a freelance web developer.
- Software Apprentice- 4/4/2019Anonymous • Student • Course: Software Developer Apprenticeship • Campus: Boulder
This is a wonderful program for gaining software development skills quickly. The program focuses on preparing you for working as a software developer by introducing project management tools as well as varying software technologies. The program culminated in a capstone project, where we developed an app in as a team. This experience was invaluable, because it showed there is more to delivering a project than just coding all day.