tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator is an immersive 14-week coding bootcamp with tracks in Java and .NET. Their mission is to elevate people, companies, and communities. Students will learn from instructors who have an average of 20 years of experience working in the field and will gain an understanding of the foundational computer science concepts and theory necessary for a professional software developer, with special emphasis on practical application, techniques, and tools. Students in both the Java and .NET tracks will also learn client-side web programming including Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON. In the .NET track, students will also be exposed to C#. For the final capstone project, students will work together on a business project, building a fully-functional app using either Java or .NET.

In addition to the classroom hours, students will get 20+ hours of career sessions through the Pathway Program™, which focuses on developing soft skills and connecting you to the right companies through events like Employer Matchmaking. Career coaches and mentors will help with resume building, interview coaching, strengths assessment and more. The team will work with students from the start of the program to ensure they don't just get a job as a programmer, but that they are on a fulfilling, rewarding career path.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (200) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (35) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, Java, SQL
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationPhiladelphia, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in Java, Serverside programming in Java, Database programming in Java, Java frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    Prep Work30-40 hrs
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, SQL
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationDetroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in C#/.NET, Serverside programming in C#/.NET, Database programming in C#/.NET, C#/.NET frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    September 14, 2020 - Cleveland
    May 11, 2020 - Pittsburgh
    September 14, 2020 - Pittsburgh

• Ben McGrath • Developer • Graduate

Fans of retro video games or kids who grew up in the 80s (like me), should recoginize this headline as one of the opening scenes from The Legend of Zelda, where the hero Link is given his first sword before embarking on a wildly dangerous journey into unknown lands. Along the way Link's equipment is upgraded to include better swords, shields, bombs, boomerangs, bow and arrows, magic and potions. In the same way, a new Developer will start their programming journey with a limited tool belt. If you are seriously considering a career change into the tech field, please heed the advice we learned from our chunky pixelated 8-bit hero... Don't go alone. Go to Tech Elevator.

My education and experience prior to TE was in the construction industry where I've held titles such as Field Engineer, Purchasing Manager, and Project Manager. I began learning to code in my free time and made a few simple websites with HTML and CSS but when it came to creating dynamic, interactive web applications with JavaScript I hit a wall. This intro to development led me to two major conclusions, coding is hard, and it is especially difficult when you try to learn alone.

I had kicked around the idea of a bootcamp for some time before getting serious about the decision.  My initial impression was I would have to go somewhere like New York, Chicago, or San Francisco to attend a "serious" dev bootcamp. I was excited to find a local program called Tech Elevator through a Google search, but my excitement was matched by a healthy level of skepticism. From the beginning I was more than impressed by Tech Elevator, the curriculum, and especially the talented, hard working people. I was lucky enough to have my entrance interview with CEO Anthony Hughes and it was the passion he displayed that sealed my decision to join the program. That same passion is shared by the instructors, the Pathway Program leaders, and all members of the organization.

The curriculum is designed to take you from zero coding experiene to job ready in 14 weeks. This is a monumental undertaking that will push you to your intellectual limits. The Pathway Program is an invalable addition to your technical skills that will boost your potential and interview techniques. You will work in close contact with dedicated career enhancing professionals, and leverage their relationships with local employers.

Currently I am working as an Apprentice Developer with an agile software development firm in Cincinnati.  I can say with confidence this opportunity would not have been available to me without the education and guidance I received from Tech Elevator. I enjoy the work I'm doing, and I'm thrilled to continue learning from some very talented individuals that love what they do. As an added benefit I've made some life-long friends in my fellow alumni and the good people of Tech Elevator.

If you are at all interested in a career in technology, or maybe you've been struggling in secret trying to learn on your own, my advice would be to go to an open house, ask questions, and see for yourself. This has been without a doubt the best experience of my career.

• Dalton • ETL Developer • Student

I remember coming on some of these sites about a year and a half ago to learn some more about these coding bootcamps that I had been hearing about. For whatever reason I wasn't convinced and I decided to go back to school for another few years of traditional, slow-paced learning. I did the school thing for a semester and quickly realized the snail's pace at which we were learning wasn't as cool at 27 as it was when I was 20, so I decided to take the plunge and enroll at Tech Elevator instead. Now I have a developer job in a really hot field rather sitting in class for what would have been the beginning of my 3rd of 6 semesters.

The classes were really fast-paced, but somehow fun at the same time. You'll put in quite a few 12 hour days, but time almost never seemed to drag. As great as the classes and curriculum were, I actually think the Pathway Program sets Tech Elevator apart. If you don't feel comfortable with things such as resumes, interviewing, and all the other soft skills, you will by the end of the program. And I think we ended interviewing with about 15 companies by the time matchmaking was over, and that opportunity alone made the course worth it.

Most importantly, the job placement numbers have been awesome for my cohort. A few people from my cohort had legitimate, full-time offers before our capstones started and 10 of the 16 of us had jobs locked up by graduation day.

• The System Works
    - 5/4/2018
    Amanda G. • Developer • Graduate

Enrolling in Tech Elevator was the second smartest thing I have ever done for myself. The first smartest thing was having 100% faith in their system (though some days this was a struggle!). The "drinking from a fire hose" concept of a boot camp really hits you in the face on week one day three and doesn't really let up. But, if you believe in yourself, do the work, and seek help/guidance/a shoulder to cry on from the instructors, staff, and other students, you WILL be successful.

Not to scare anyone off, but for the average person (self-included) this boot camp is hard. I went to lecture every day from 9am-12pm (sometimes longer), had lunch, then worked on homework, both individually and in paired programming exercises with other students, until about 5pm (sometimes longer). Then I went home, had dinner, and started working on homework again until it was time to go to bed (sometimes longer). There was also quite a bit of weekend work. I was lucky to never fall behind on assignments using this method, but it was stressful at times.

You learn so much at Tech Elevator. There will be certain material you get super-fast and others that you just....don't get at all. Luckily, there are instructors to help you along the way, and other students that probably "get" different things than you do. It's incredibly rewarding to help someone else learn a concept, and then have them return the favor to you later on. This brings me to the incredible sense of community I felt at Tech Elevator. Not just within my (.Net) class, but with the other (Java) students, instructors and staff!  We are all in this together and felt comfortable sharing tips, tricks, insights, successes, and failures (oh, there will be some good failures).

With the last few weeks of the boot camp comes the added task of searching for employment. The Pathway Program does an amazing job of lining up employers that actually want to speak with and hire you, and then preparing you to ace those interviews. They held resume, elevator pitch, and linked in profile workshops, mock interview practice, panel discussions with industry leaders/professionals and so much more – all leading up to the Match Making interview events with real employers. I received tons of advice and feedback from Ben and Katie at the Columbus campus both in a group setting and individually. By following their guidance, I happily received an offer on the day of graduation! It was such a good offer that I cancelled the five other interviews I had set up for the following week.

Tech Elevator was not only the smartest thing I have ever done for myself, but also the most challenging, fulfilling, and, at times, weirdly fun thing I have ever done for myself. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything and encourage you to learn more for yourself!

• Paige Stump • Software Engineer • Graduate

I had very little programming experience before starting the first cohort of Tech Elevator Cincinnati. By the end of the course I learned so much - from fundamental Java to front-end technologies. The career development portion of the course helped me with soft skills as well. I had several job offers within 2 weeks of graduating and I ended up accepting a high paying job (nearly doubling my salary). Tech Elevator is a huge financial and time commitment, but it is ultimately worth the investment.

• Ken Peterson • Technical Project Manager • Graduate

I choose to go to a coding bootcamp because I had been living abroad for the last ten years and was afraid of how difficult it might be to find a good job when repatriating. I also wanted to switch careers from education to IT and the bootcamp model seemed like the fastest and most effective way to do this without having to spend years in school. I choose Tech Elevator because of its location in Cleveland and because of how well it was reviewed. I was really impressed with the focus they put on career and interview development and by how much better at responding they were than other bootcamps. I have to admit that as an educator with 10+ years of experience I was a little skeptical about how well I could really learn a new skill in 14 weeks, well a new language! In case you don’t keep reading let me tell you that the program far exceeded my expectation and I am in disbelief at how much I learned in 14 weeks, I truly did learn to code in this amount of time, I learned a whole new language! This model makes me re-think everything I thought I knew about education from my decade of experience.
    I think the most important thing to do at Tech Elevator is to drink the kool-aid early and often. I was wrong, they were right, every time, remember that and you will succeed. What seems like an impossible task daily, weekly and monthly is broken down into extremely difficult tasks that when put together make the impossible achievable by everyone, at least in my cohort(class) of 16 students. You will regularly think that this is impossible and they will regularly remind you that hundreds of other people have said that and that those hundreds of other people are now employed in well-paying jobs, I’m one of those hundreds. Just do what they say, all of it. Work hard, the entire 14 weeks and shut down as much of the rest of your life as possible and you will succeed. Also remember, you’re wrong, you can do it, they are NOT lying to you, the proof will be presented to you by the fact that so many alumni will come to speak to you and tell you that they did it and we alumni are not special or better than you, we just already finished, that’s all it takes, you will be employed as a software developer if you just listen.
    On that note about half way through I decided that I wanted to pivot yet again and do something in IT that was more customer related and less coding based, the staff at Tech Elevator supported me 100%, I still learned everything, I can still code well and I could still get employed as a software engineer but instead they helped me to find a job as a Technical Project Manager, they do and will always go above and beyond if you just tell them what you want, they will give you the tools you need to make it happen. I got my job offer a few weeks after graduation and I had several 2nd interviews(and third) already done or scheduled when I accepted it. My job offer came from a company that Tech Elevator set me up with at our matchmaking event(like speed dating for job interviewing). The job the company came to interview us for was different than the one I accepted but Tech Elevator also set that up for me and few other’s who wanted something more business oriented in Tech.
    The instructors are some of the best I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in my life and keep in mind I was an educator. They are knowledgeable and friendly. They will teach, encourage, counsel, motivate and become your friends before you graduate. Tech Elevator has high standards for their instructors, I saw 20 candidates come and go before they hired one for their new program in Cincinnati while attending my cohort, you won’t be disappointed in them. For that matter, the support staff is top notch too, along with the management, everyone that works there is excellent.
    Just do it! You won’t regret it, Tech Elevator is the real deal, from start to finish and then even after they continue to support us as alumni. Do what they say, when they say it and you will succeed, it truly is that simple!

• Hilary Witt • Junior Developer • Student

I was in the .NET (C#) class in Columbus and I graduated Friday, December 1st, 2017.

I heard about Tech Elevator from my sister.  I was going to OSU at the time, working towards a Data Analytics degree, and had been feeling bogged down every step of the way.  I was a non-traditional student: 31 years old, transferred from Columbus State, and just getting to the point where I could APPLY to my major and get the reserved spots in the classes that I needed, was proving to be quite a nightmare.  I’d been back in school (part-time then full-time, mostly at CS) for almost 3 years.  And with the way things were going at OSU it looked like it would take another 3 years to get my degree.  I was feeling a little panicked, to tell you the truth, because I didn’t know if I had another 3 years in me.  I wanted a JOB already.  And so I went to a Tech Elevator open house, hoping against hope that this program would be the answer to my prayers, the Hail Mary pass to an actual CAREER, the final pivot in my working life that would deliver me from professional mediocrity/expendibility.

I was sold by the end of the presentation, probably about ⅓ of the way through, actually.  My sister works at a startup with developers that spoke highly of the program and that combined with the 3rd party verified stats of Tech Elevator graduates made me ready to go all in.  I had taken 2 computer science courses at OSU and so I knew I had the aptitude required and that probably made this a little less scary for me than most, but everything after the first 4 weeks of curriculum was brand-spanking new to me.  I knew about loops, and selection statements, and recursion, but I didn’t know jack squat about building a web application/doing anything useful.  And the vast majority of my classmates had zero coding experience, so don’t let that throw you.

Tech Elevator was a complete joy after my experience at OSU.  You’re in a small class, you get to know everyone, the teacher encourages questions and is always available to help you after the lecture.  That’s just the kind of environment I need to thrive.   Everyone’s attitude at Tech Elevator is: we are here to help you, please come and interupt me, helping students is our first priority.

Obviously, you cover a lot of material in the span of 14 weeks.. I definitely didn’t feel like I was struggling ALL the time (many days were quite relaxed), but there were definitely days (a couple times whole weeks) when I felt inadequate/ like I wasn’t mastering the material quickly enough.  And that’s hard to go through that, but if you keep at it, stuff will almost always, eventually, start to make sense. And then you can breathe again and feel like, OK, I can do this.  When you’re struggling, notice those feelings and tell yourself: “get used to it because this is the life of a developer.  If you’re comfortable, you’re not pushing yourself enough.”

Now this next part is very important: THE reason that you pick Tech Elevator (and I CANNOT stress this enough) is because of the Pathway Program.  That doesn’t mean that the Pathway Program was fun for me. You’ll never catch me saying that the Pathway Program was a complete and utter joy.  Resumes, interviews, writing up a LinkedIn blurb that is both honest and positive AND winning AND unique is not (and never will be) my idea of a good time. It’s a little less like torture for me now, but--- not by much.  But I NEEDED the Pathway Program all the more because I hate those things.  The staff give you very tangible to-do items, concrete specifications for those things, and deadlines (super important). They organize mock interviews (HR, behavioral, and technical) and guide you through the entire process of gaining employment, including assistance beyond graduation if you need it.  I can’t even describe how helpful all this is.  A couple weeks into the program I went to a Women in Tech meetup and met several graduates from another Columbus bootcamp.  They were 8 weeks out of graduation; 1 out of 5 of them had a job and the rest were still looking and I quickly ascertained from talking to them that they were out in the job market wilderness with no assistance from their program.  Hopefully everyone will end up with a good job but I’d put my money on a TE graduate every time because the extensive career assistance we receive.

So… where did I end up?  Well, I was very, very lucky.  Our graduation date was Dec 1st and the time of year made it pretty difficult to have a job offer by then.  Our employer matchmaking event was right before Thanksgiving and, consequently,  many employers moved a bit slowly to schedule follow ups and some weren’t going to be hiring til the new year.  I’m confident everyone will end up with a good job, but some won’t have that job locked down for a few weeks yet. I was, however, able to secure a position a week before our graduation date and I actually started on Dec 4th, the Monday after graduation.  I’m working at a start up where I am the 5th employee.  If I hadn’t landed this job I’m fairly confident I could have secured a position at Chase.  Chase typically hires a TON of people from Tech Elevator.  I’ve heard mixed things about working for Chase ranging from awesome/can’t imagine working anywhere else to people hating it.  I think it has to do largely with what team you end up on and the quality of your manager as a human being/mentor.  It’s a big place.  But you really just need that first entry-level job and then if you don’t like it you can move on after 2 years.  Anyways, the point is, I jumped at the start-up opportunity because I thought it offered the most opportunity for growth / learning.  It’s also kind of terrifying.  I’m expected to learn fast, largely on my own (here’s 26 hours of React/Redux video tutorials, GO!)  and be able to contribute/navigate/problem solve on a very short time scale.

But I’m excited.  And I’m grateful.  I was able to secure an excellent job as a junior developer making almost three times what I’ve ever made (most recently before this I worked in culinary and as a nanny) after just 14 weeks of training.  It’s kind of incredible.

RANDOM TIPS ( for if you end up enrolling)

-If you’re like me you will never feel like doing the Pathway Program tasks.  Do them anyways. Don't ever blow it off.  The coding curriculum is very important for once you’re working, obviously, but potential employers aren’t going to know who is kicking ass in the classroom. When it comes to getting job offers the people who have the most options are the ones who dedicate themselves to the Pathway Program.

-Research the companies you interview with (maybe more importantly: research the industry, and then you’ll be able to ask intelligent questions about what sets THAT company apart from its competitors; this is especially important with the small companies and it’ll help you stand out).

-Catch yourself whenever you feel resistance to change (“why do I have to do it THIS way when I already know how to handle it this other way”).  To be a good developer you have to ALWAYS be open to (or better yet, actively seek out) new/better/uncomfortable ways of doing things.  When we first started doing front end programming I felt a little bit like, what is this crap???  But you have to find a way to embrace it even when it feels very, very wrong.  If you don’t become a lifelong learner you will become obsolete in this industry very quickly.  If you’re not familliar with Carol Dweck and the term “growth mindset”  I suggest you google that sh** right now.  I was very much a “fixed” mindset person for many years and even now I must whisper “growth mindset” to myself about 10 times a day.

-if 10 people in your cohort all use the phrase “I want to leverage my skills in...” in their elevator pitches, for the love of God don’t be the 11th person!!!  It probably didn’t actually hurt them but you can bet someone like me will be out there cringing.

-Be professional and tailor your message to your audience. The way I’m telling my story here in this review is not how I told it at meet-ups and in interviews.

-It’s fine to want to make more money, that was a not-so-insignificant piece of my own inspiration starting out, but you have to find a way to connect to a deeper motivation, because nobody cares about your bills or that you want to be able to afford to drink kombucha everyday (guilty).  For me it was largely just wanting a job that wouldn’t bore the crap out of me within a few months.  Then I had to take that, shellac it with positive energy, and serve it as a I’m-crazy-passionate-about-Technology sandwich.  Sometimes that felt a little fake, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

-The TE staff will cover this but just for emphasis: work on your ability to solve problems with Google, stack overflow, tech documention sites, etc as soon and as often as possible.  The teachers are there to help but don’t run to them without spending at least 10 minutes trying to figure it out on your own.  My new boss specifically told me: do not bring me questions I can google and have the answer in 30 seconds.

In conclusion:  Tech Elevator isn't magic, you can't just show up and then expect to have a great job at the end.  No company will feel like they owe you after this.  Like everything else in life, it's up to you to put in the effort and guarantee your success.  That being said, it IS kind of magical that this college drop-out/former nanny was able to finally get a promising career started (and in such a short time).  There was a time in my life when I was convinced that I just didn’t have what it takes to succeed and that I was destined to be a failure and a disappointment within my high-achieving family.  It took a lot of leg work mentally and emotionally to get to a place where I was ready to make the most of an opportunity like Tech Elevator.  If you're in that place where you're ready to work hard and do what it takes Tech Elevator is absolutely a wise investment.

• Joe Griffith • Jr ETL Developer • Graduate

I had a great experience through Tech Elevator, the space and people are wonderful. I felt immersed in technology the whole 14 weeks. I felt well supported from a career coaching perspective and a technical one. Be prepared to work hard the whole 14 weeks and be ready to go beyond the minimum. When looking for jobs during the bootcamp the things that got the most attention where not things that where assigned or done as part of the "base" curriculum but were projects I took on while also learning the basics from the program. The bootcamp won't give you a senior level amount of software development experience but it will give you the skills to be confident and move forward with a junior level role in Columbus. They also provide and have the connections you get that first job.

• Great Program
    - 9/27/2017
    Corey Borders • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

For seven years I was a high school French teacher.  My brother knew I wasn’t happy in education and needed to make a change, so he suggested that I go through Tech Elevator’s bootcamp.  He has been a developer for as long as I can remember, so I took his advice and I’m glad I did.  The instructors in the Columbus campus are amazing!  The ones I’ve met from Cleveland seem great as well, but I never took classes with them.  Casey, John and Brian all three work tirelessly during those 14 weeks to make sure that you get your money’s worth out of every penny you pay in tuition.  I learned more there during those few months than I had in the previous several years as a teacher.  The hands-on approach and the amount of practical tasks they give you combine to make the learning rewarding and relevant.

The other side of the program, the Pathways Program is just as well-developed and staffed by the same calibre of people as the coding portion.  You build all these new skills, but without the Pathways Program I would have had no idea how to find a job that would let me apply them.  One of my questions was as basic as, “When I’m looking for job postings online, what job title do I look for?”  Katie is infinitely helpful and willing to give solid, experience-backed advice on any aspect of your job search.  The great thing about Tech Elevator is that everything they teach you applies to your first job out of the bootcamp just as well as your last job before you retire.  They teach you skills that will serve you well throughout your life.

We all know that teachers make no money, but after 14 weeks of training and no experience whatsoever I started out making $17,000 more a year than I did as a teacher with years of experience, a college degree, and additional coursework to get my license.  If you are interested in kick-starting your career or rebooting it like me, you can choose no better program than Tech Elevator.

• Josh

I, probably like you had my doubts coming into Tech Elevator. If i'm being honest even after the first week of the program, I found myself thinking, could this be real? How am I going to become a developer in 14 weeks? Am I just wasting my money?  I'm here to tell you, it is very real, I am not a paid actor. Myself, and many others are successful Tech Elevator graduates, I came in with ZERO development experience, and I recently graduated with 3 job offers. I learned more in 14 weeks than I did in 4 years of college, and they have a dedicated staff which will give each student the time and attention they need to understand the material. Absolutely recommended!

• Joe Samons • Graduate

I had been in sales for 3 years and knew I wanted to do something else. At first I thought there was no way to get into the technology field without getting a second four-year degree and putting myself in a huge amount of debt. But luckily I was wrong!

Tech Elevator is definitely tough as the instructors/ staff will tell you. But if you have the aptitude and are willing to put in the time this program will prepare you for a successful career in technology (but make no mistake the learning doesn't stop at graduation!). The instructors are incredibly intelligent and patient and willing to do whatever it takes to help you along the way. Each day you will learn something new. It's a really incredible experience.

Plus, Tech Elevator does more to get you placed in a job than any program I've ever heard of. The bootcamp model can be a tough sell for some folks who aren't familiar with it. However, the staff at Tech Elevator have put in the time to show local companies the value and skill set this intensive course instills in students. They not only prepare you for interviews, but they get you in front of companies that are bought in on the program and are looking to hire. This pathway program is what sets Tech Elevator apart from other schools/ bootcamps. I had 3 amazing job offers before graduation and that is in large part thanks to the amazing Pathway Program Director Katie Detore (Thanks Katie!).

I really can't sell this program enough. If you have any interest in a career in technology I highly recommend Tech Elevator.

• Stacy H. • Software Developer • Graduate

I did a lot of research before choosing to attend Tech Elevator. I met with at least four alumni of Tech Elevator, as well as alumni and staff from all the other local coding bootcamps. I decided to go with Tech Elevator because it was clear each and every member of the staff fully invests themselves in their students. Their priority is on the individual success of each student, not on their marketing or next move.

Two things sealed the deal: 1) they ask for feedback on a daily basis and actually make positive changes based on what students say (change you actually SEE), and 2) career coaching starts DAY ONE.

My expectations were exceeded, especially in the quality of education in my instructor. He picked up on my preferred teaching style from the get-go and tailored each interaction with me based on how I best learned. I felt challenged, but never overwhelmed.

More importantly, my confidence soared. I feel confident in my decision to change careers and pursue sofware development, and know I'll go on to do amazing things because of my education.

I also know I keep amazing company in the alumni network. Each and every fellow student contributed to each other's success, whether in doing homework or interviewing with potential employers. I'm going to miss all the interesting, fun, and philosophical conversations I had sitting around the kitchen island.

If you're on the fence, go to one of the open houses or learn-to-code meetups and get in there. Meet people, start a conversation, and get a taste for coding. If you decide to join, commit 100% and you'll get more than that in return.

• Kasi Balakrishnan • Graduate

Tech Elevator deserves a lot of credit in ensuring a seamless transition into IT domain even for people with non-IT background. Their course material design is perfect. The expertise in offer from their staff is top notch. Josh Tucholski was my trainer for the 14 week course. I'm grateful to his methodical approach and his excellent mentorship skills. Pathway program also helped me in facing mock interviews which gave a sense of what to expect in a real interview and the match making event was a great source for networking. My career change wouldn't have been possible without Tech Elevator.

• Rachel Funk • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

Tech Elevator was right for me because of the high caliber of instructors as well as the nationally recognized professional development offered through the Pathway Program.

My instructors were experienced, brilliant, patient people who truly wanted every student to understand the concepts.  They were dedicated to my success.  Individual tutoring sessions were available when I needed extra help.  Because of the small class size, you get a lot of one-on-one attention and learning opportunities.

A lot of bootcamps can provide a student with the necessary coursework, but some of those camps aren't dedicated to helping students land that first position in the field.  The Pathway Program at Tech Elevator is dedicated to helping students find employment upon graduation.  The program is very comprehensive for developing and perfecting soft skills needed for today's tech professional. Tech Elevator is committed to bringing top employers to meet and interact with students on site.  In fact, the Match Making event toward the end of the program allows students to participate in on-site interviews with up to 10 employers in two days.  A lot of those initial interviews result in call backs for many students.  I was fortunate enough to have three additional interviews with highly respected companies because of the connections I made during the Match Making event.  It was not only an incredible experience, but a highly valuable networking opportunity that wouldn’t have been available to me otherwise.

• Nathan • Junior Developer • Graduate

I attended Tech Elevator's Cleveland-campus .Net cohort in early 2017. Prior to graduation, I had already secured a great job and couldn't recommend the program highly enough. My experience throughout was phenomenal - the teachers are extremely talented and friendly, the school is well-provisioned and equipped, and the career assistance and placement was above and beyond my expectations.

The teachers are for sure the highlight of the program, and are unto themselves enough reason to choose Tech Elevator over other boot camps. They are all highly knowledgeable industry veterans, but on top of that they really put effort and care into their teaching. The classes are well-structured and designed, and having spent several months on the job post-graduation, I can say with authority they are indeed relevant and prepare you for actual development work.

The workspace at TE is great. It's available 24-7 for student use (everyone gets parking and building keys), and is a great place to hang out. I especially enjoyed coming in on Saturday or Sunday, hanging out, grabbing lunch, and just leisurely studying or working with other students in a relaxed environment. Code for a few hours, maybe do some white-boarding then catch a few games of ping pong. Every student gets a powerful laptop for the duration of the course, which is nice as it puts everyone on the same level and ensures everything "just works." There are large monitors available around the classrooms and work spaces, a full kitchen and facilities, and couches to relax on (or fall asleep on when you're just exhausted).

In addition to the teaching staff, the career assistance staff at TE are again reason enough to choose their program over others. There is a distinct lack of soft-skills/career training in most boot camps, and TE combats this with ongoing work throughout the program. They help with resume building, cover letters and LinkedIn work, introducing numerous local companies throughout the program both in-person at events and lunches, and really put you in touch with potential employers in their expansive network. At the end of the program is a large career faire where each student selects and interviews with a handful of companies (generally 5-10 a person) and many students received job offers as a result. Long story short, they really put powerful connections in your hands that make the job search a significantly easier process.

At the end of the day, there are several boot camp options in Cleveland, and dozens more online. However, I can honestly say I believe none will serve you as well as Tech Elevator. I had worked for almost a decade in business prior to wanting a career change, and without a doubt coming to TE was the best career move I've ever made.

• Jack • Graduate

I have always been into computers and found that developing Applications was a definate passion of mine, but wanted to learn more efficiently and believed that a bootcamp would provide a better learning experience then I can have just reading books(taught myself Python). So after looking for a bootcamp that I believe I could excel in, I picked Tech Elevator. Mostly, for the reason of the main Java instructor David. He has done a lot in his career and thought that he would be a great instructor. For the most part the classes were decent. They had too many students in a class at once and that should have tipped me off that they are just about the money then, but I still participated and felt that the course material was taught pretty well. The problem is the money back guarantee is nonexistent. If you don't get hired within the two days of the company's coming in to interview you, then you are out of luck. They will not do anymore to help you in finding a job. They say they do but I have never seen this to be true. I have even called the supposedly people they have contacted and not one of them have said that they have talked or discussed anything to anyone. Then, after graduation they really became nonexistent. I had to chase them down and basically send multiple emails and phone calls before I got anyone to respond and at times it could take up to two weeks or a month before anyone would finally respond.

Lets go back to the money back guarantee, (again nonexistent) I made it very clear that I was on a leave of absence from my current job (in which I was not getting paid) so I can take this bootcamp. The CEO told me that I could go back to work and still be eligible for the money back guarantee. Unfortunately he lied and said that he would never have agreed to that. That right there told me that they don't care about the students and they are at the end of the day looking for that check and nothing else. I am a father raising two boys, cleaning out my life savings to take this class and provide a better future for my boys and instead I got cheated by this school. Plus while we were discussing this, he tried to play it off as I was stupid and not intellectual enough to learn the criteria. What he doesn't realize is, it wasn't the programming I wasn't getting, it was the job help and pathway program they had that wasn't doing their job. The sad part is all I wanted was to find that dream job. If they truly would of done what they were suppose to and help me find that job I would of had one a lot sooner, not a year later and I got a job where I'm not even doing anything they have taught me. Overall be wary of the founder, he is like a used car salesman and will tell you everything you want to hear just to take it away when you need it most. I would not recommend going to this school.

Response From: Anthony Hughes of Tech Elevator
    Title: CEO
    Tuesday, Jun 06 2017
    Jack,

We’re sorry that you feel your experience at Tech Elevator was not a worthwhile one. We pride ourselves on providing a quality experience, and the many authentic, incredible reviews we have demonstrate that your experience is not a typical one.   In fact, in the latest reporting of outcomes, Tech Elevator’s job placement rate is one of the highest of all bootcamps in the country and we are proud of the quality we have in our Pathway process and hiring network, for those who choose to follow it.

I wish that you had been able to capture one of the many opportunities presented to you through our early introductions and additional efforts. We’ve extended many resources to you beyond the program, including the personal contacts and calls I have made for you, and we continue to support our Tech Elevator alumni post-graduation, which is also evident in many other reviews.

I have deep respect for the commitments that our students make and their personal investment to improve the lives of both themselves and their families.  It’s an investment we take very seriously. If you would like further support, as I have offered privately in the past but will also offer again here, I welcome you to contact me personally.

- 5/13/2017
    Eric George • QA Analyst • Graduate

I graduated from the Java program in April 2017. I previously worked as a photojournalist, then freelance photography and graphic design before deciding that I needed to expand my skillset. I attended an open house at Tech Elevator and was immediately sold on the program.

The staff at Tech Elevator is what sets them apart from other coding bootcamps. Every member of the team is knowledgeable, supportive, and committed to your success. The Java instructor, Casey Borders, has years of experience and a teaching style that makes difficult concepts easy to understand while keeping lecture engaging and exciting. He was always available and happy to help.

The Pathway Program exceeded my expectations in every way. It provides a roadmap with resume writing and interview workshops, employer networking events, and both technical and behavioral interview practice. I owe the two job offers I got shortly after graduation to the Pathway Program.

I couldn't be happier with my experiences at Tech Elevator and would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to start a new career in the tech field.

- 5/12/2017
    Joe O • Graduate

I couldn’t be happier with my experience. When considering other bootcamps, you might find framework-specific models that seem more advanced; learning Android development, for example. Tech Elevator’s focus on foundational concepts is what sets them apart. This way, students have an understanding of what the new technology is, but they also know how to work in the older technologies that businesses still rely on. I was pragmatic when deciding on Tech Elevator; some online-only bootcamps offer more advanced technology stacks, but I considered it more realistic to complete an in-person bootcamp. I’m incredibly happy with my experience.

I especially want to recognize my instructor, John Fulton, for his tireless work ethic throughout the cohort. Tech Elevator’s .NET curriculum is expansive, and you’d be hard-pressed to find somebody who could teach all of it. Since this was his first cohort, John had some serious learning to do. All of my doubts were eliminated after receiving John’s messages on nights and weekends. His innate curiosity drove him to follow up with answers to the smallest and most insignificant questions no matter how full his plate was. After teaching this cohort, I have no doubt that John will lead many more students to successful development careers.

I also want to acknowledge Tech Elevator’s Columbus career mentor, Katie Detore. Katie ended the bootcamp by giving all 28 students her personal cell phone number to ensure they stay in touch throughout the job search. The 98% job placement rate is no surprise after seeing how invested she is in each student’s career. Weeks after the bootcamp, I remain in touch with Katie, and she’s still invested in finding me my dream job.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I couldn’t be happier with my experience.

• Corey Schnedl • Programmer/Analyst • Graduate

Tech Elevator is an exciting game changer for anyone looking to make the leap to get into software development.

Before attending Tech Elevator, I was struggling to make progress in teaching myself how to code. I tried things like Codeacademy, Udemy, and countless youtube tutorials, but was never able to get to the point where I felt confident applying to a job as a developer. I knew about the growing demand for people with programming skills, and wanted to bridge the gap as quickly as possible. After a ton of research, I applied to Tech Elevator, and looking back, I could not possibly be happier with my decision to enroll.

The instructors at Tech Elevator were all incredible. Having been through four years at Ohio State, I can still say that my Java instructor, Casey Borders, is without a doubt the most effective, brilliant, and inspirational teacher that I have ever had in my life. He is extremely dedicated to making sure that you are as prepared as you can possibly be for your first job as a software developer. He truly has a talent for taking incredibly complex material and breaking it down into lessons that everyone can understand. He gave me a very strong foundation in coding and the more importantly, the confidence to walk into job interviews and nail any technical exercises with ease.

Along with the intense formal technical training that Tech Elevator offered me, I made drastic improvments to my professionalization skills. Very important details about what specificially to put in a resume, how to build a linked-in page that catches employers' attentions, and how to prepare for interviews are just three of the many skills that Katie and Terry helped me perfect over the past 14 weeks. I had the opportunity to meet with over fifteen amazing companies and was able to build my network in ways that I would never had dreamed of doing by myself. As someone who really struggled to have confidence in stressful behavioral interviews before Tech Elevator, I can look back with a sense of pride when I see how far I've come, all thanks to the countless hours of hard work that Katie and Terry put in to doing practice interviews with me. I owe my success landing my exciting first job as a software developer so quickly to their hard work.

Tech Elevator blew my expectations out of the water. It is everything that a coding bootcamp should be and more. I would reccommend it to anyone who is excited about technology and is looking to make a career out of it.

• JP • Java Analyst • Graduate

If there is one thing that sets Tech Elevator apart from any other educational experience I have had it is the People.

And for me, the people that set Tech Elevator so far ahead of it's competition came in three forms:

1. The Instructors

2. The Staff

3. The Students

The Instructors - During my time at Tech Elevator I was given instruction by highly skilled professionals who took the time to meet with me individually, who helped me in areas where I was lacking understanding, and who pushed me to try to solve problems in different ways to develop new skills.  It wasn't just the my in classroom instructor who worked with me either, the classes are small enough that all the instructors at Tech Elevator knew who I was, the types of things I was working on, and could jump in to help when I had questions.  Working at Tech Elevator and helping students is what these instructors do and they were always available (even late at night) to look at something with you.

The Staff - The staff at Tech Elevator went beyond all my expectations for availablity.  From the CEO on down the people who worked there knew who I was, what I was working on, what companies I was interested in working for what, and were always willing to help.  There Career Services are second to none, they seem to know everyone. Furthermore, you simply can't ask for more than having a team that is wiling to pick up the phone to call personal contacts on your behalf to help you get an interview.

The Students - Unlike a lot of environment it never felt like I was in competition with my classmates.  Whether we were working on projects or individual assignments I knew I had a 15 other people I could turn to if I had questions.  The students in my class freely shared there notes and diagrams and worked together so that we all moved forward.  Additionally, I felt very confident in my decision to attend Tech Elevator, when I found out there where students attending their classes from as far away as Colorado and Texas.  While it may not be typical, I certainly liked that when I came in on a Saturday to do some reading or to complete an assignment I could expect to see at least a couple other students there working on various projects. I never felt alone in this journey, and it was really nice to be able to count on my classmates when I had questions.

I had a great experience at Tech Elevator.  I highly recommend the course, and at the very least you should look into the Tech Elevator program so you can use it as a measuring stick to see how other boot camps measure up. This experience is first class and it shows.

• Do it
    - 2/14/2017
    Nate Anderson • Database Developer • Student

Fantastic program.

I had been trying to become a developer for about 18 months before Tech Elevator landed in my back yard. While that helped contextualize what I was learning, it was by no means necessary. Several of the people in my class of 12 had never coded beyond a few things on Codecademy, and all 12 of us received offers.

Casey was a great instructor - able to dive deep into just about anything we asked him (and we asked a LOT of questions), but also up front when he didn't know something. He was caring, supportive, 100% engaged with the students, and went through the first few weeks with a nasty cold but still showing up every day ready to go. I did a practice interview with the current .NET instructor, and between the two instructors there is something like 40-50 years of experiences in the field.

While the technical instruction was great, from the first day of the program the focus was on getting that first job. Katie and Terry put in an incredible amount of work for us. Columbus was new for Tech Elevator, which meant potentially an uphill struggle for TE to get recognition and respect with area employers, but those two killed it. They both have a background in HR and recruiting, and not only did they know right people to talk to raise awareness for the program, they also were on hand to answer all our (my) slightly panicked questions. After many rounds of practice interviews, LinkedIn and resume reviews and personal branding workshops, I was able to walk into an interview feeling like if I wasn't hired it was the interviewee's fault. I got that much confidence in myself and what I had to offer.

Finally, I am working in Vermont. There was a tech conference here, during the program, and I flew out to attend. For anyone on the fence about TE, wondering if you'll be able to get a job outside Ohio, the answer is yes. While I wasn't able to utilize the network TE has built, the staff helped me navigate the long-distance job search.

Two final points: in my current job I'm using none of the technologies I learned at Tech Elevator, and the same is true for many of the others students. So don't worry too much about what your first language is. Finally, for anyone long hair and a beard - you don't have to shave to get a job! (I wish I had known that earlier)

- 1/9/2017
    Hilary • Applications Developer • Graduate

I quit my high school teaching job of nine years at the end of last school year to pursue a career in technology.  I was enrolled at Ohio State part-time but was not looking forward to a 2+ year process.  My mother heard the Tech Elevator ad on the radio and encouraged me to apply.  They had run several cohorts in Cleveland but this was the first one in Columbus.  I checked them out online and everything seemed legit - lots of positive reviews and students who landed real jobs.  I completed the online assessment and was invited in for an interview and second assessment.  I liked the staff members I met during the interview (on a Thursday), and was excited to find out I was accepted the following Tuesday.

The program is intense.  I have multiple graduate-level degrees and this was as challenging if not more than all of those programs (including law school).  The good news is that it's over quickly.  The bad news is that it's over quickly.  I loved everyone I met there - both staffers and fellow students, and once we got into the groove and got to know each other the 14 weeks flew by.  The Java instructor, Casey Borders, is amazing.  Patient and knowledgeable.  A true coding wizard!  You will be there from 9-4:30 most days.  If you're like me and aren't always the best about getting things done at home, you should probably stay until you get all of your homework finished.  Try not to fall behind as things can pile on quickly.  The reading may not seem as exciting as the coding but it will help you be a better programmer and pick up the language and vocabulary to be an effective communicator.

Around week 10 is the Matchmaking Event and this is where the job-hunting really picked up for me.  Before the event, we worked on our resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and interviewing skills through the Pathways component of the program.  Each student has 8-10 interviews back-to-back.  I was so nervous, but it was so helpful to be forced to get over the nervousness.  After the event, I received 5ish follow-ups from employers who attended and tons of promising feedback.  One of my second interviews was about 10-days after the event and I received a job offer about 3-4 days after that (a full 2 weeks before graduation).  It is at a large national bank and the pay was at the top end of my anticipated salary range.  Today was my first day of work and I'm excited for everything in store for the future.  And so thankful to Tech Elevator for their expertise and assistance getting my foot in the door.

• Java Developer
    - 12/16/2016
    Gabriel • Full-Stack Java Developer • Graduate

As someone changing careers, I felt the need for more formalized training in Web Development to get my skills and knowledge to a level that would enable me to land a job.  The curriculum at Tech Elevator was exactly what I was looking for.  With a thorough training in full-stack web development I learned all the fundamentals I would need to write a fully functional web application, and more importantly, have the skills to get a job.  Another key factor I was looking for was excellent teaching staff.  My instructor was everything I could have hoped for: knowledgeable, patient, experienced, and someone who loved teaching.  The career assistance at Tech Elevator was also incredible.  From major players like Chase and Huntington to smaller software development companies, there were plenty of connections made for us that made the job hunting experience much easier.  If you are someone who is thinking about a bootcamp, I cannot recommend Tech Elevator enough.  I am incredibly glad I did it.

• Great Success
    - 9/22/2016
    Dan • App Programmer • Graduate

Short Version:

If you want to pursue a career in software development/programming, Tech Elevator is a great place to help you reach that goal. It’s not cheap (no bootcamp really is) and it’s not easy (harder than any semester I experienced in university), but if you put in the effort, you will succeed. At the start of the course, I had very little technical experience.  By the end of the course I had 3 job offers. For the first time in my life, I was able to choose where I wanted to work. I didn’t just have to take whichever job was offered to me. Now I’m working for a great company and I have a career that has a lot of growth opportunity. I mentioned that the course is expensive, but my annual salary increased by more than the cost of the tuition.  Everyone’s situation is different, but chances are that it won’t take you very long to break even.

Long Version:

First off, I’ll tell you a little about myself (Skip to the next paragraph if you don’t care about me…it’s fine…I get it.) in hopes that you’ll see that you don’t need to be a computer whiz with a technical background to be successful in the bootcamp or to break into this career field. I took 2 years of Computer Aided Drafting courses in high school, so I was comfortable with technology but I didn’t know anything about programming. I went on to college where I earned a bachelor’s degree in business. After graduation, I spent a few years as a Transportation Manager. After doing the same thing for a while, I reached a point where I got the urge to learn something new, so I enrolled in a Web Development course at a community college. I really enjoyed it, so I started looking at ways to make a career out of it but all of the educational routes looked like they would take 2-4 years since I was a business major and didn’t have many of the pre-requisites. I didn’t have the time to start college all over. That’s when I learned about coding/programming/dev bootcamps. I’m from Cleveland, so I was really surprised when I found that there were multiple bootcamps in the area. I visited Tech Elevator and another bootcamp in the area and came to the conclusion that Tech Elevator was the best fit for me.  The deciding factors for me were the instructor and the focus on developing the soft skills needed to land a job (no matter how much I hated the soft skills…I knew that it was a weak point for me that I wanted/needed to work on).

Now let’s talk about the bootcamp.  First of all, I think it’s really important to visit a bootcamp in-person so you can actually meet the people that will be teaching you and guiding you through this change in your career and to see the space where you’re going to be learning. You’re going to spend a lot of time in this facility with these people. With that being said, I felt very fortunate to be taught by an instructor that was so knowledgeable and experienced (lookin’ at you David Wintrich). There was also great support from Josh, Craig, Terry, Andria, Anthony, and Carol. The facilities and equipment provided at the Cleveland campus were great and I’m sure that quality will be continued in Columbus.

The course itself was great. We would start the day with a quick quiz so that the instructor could get an idea of our grasp on the previous day’s material.  After reviewing the quiz, we would review anything else anybody had questions about, whether it was from the day before or 3 weeks ago. After reviewing, we would typically have lecture until lunch time.  After lunch we would have hands-on work for the rest of the day. Sometimes we would work on our own, but we usually had a partner and did a lot of pair-programming (“Pair programming” is a practice where two programmers sit next to each other and work on code.  The “driver” does the typing and the “navigator” watches over the code as it’s typed.  The two programmers bounce ideas off of each other and they frequently switch roles.) Along with the hands-on work, you’ll often be assigned reading. Sometimes you’ll finish your work by 4:30 or 5:00pm, but you should really expect to put in more hours at night and on the weekends. The course was broken up into “modules” that were a few weeks long. After each module, we would complete a “mini-capstone” project where we would have a chance to build a small application that would encompass the material from that module and any previous modules.  This was a good build up to the final capstone project which we got to work on for the final 2 weeks of the course before presenting them to our peers and families at the graduation ceremony.

I went to what I consider to be an academically strong university before I attended Tech Elevator. I’m not saying that to toot my own horn, but rather I want to give a baseline to others who have already attended a university. This program required more time and effort than any semester I ever experienced during my undergrad studies. They say that this program is like “drinking from a fire hose”.  Sometimes it’s going to make you feel like you got hit by the fire truck after you’ve had your little drink. If you’re like me, you’re going to be uncomfortable, but it really is a good test of mental toughness. It shows you how much you can really do when you push yourself to the limit.

A great benefit of the program was all of the career assistance that was provided.  Each week we had an employer come in to speak to us about their company and we frequently had guest speakers talking to us about topics ranging from LinkedIn profiles to emotional intelligence. The biggest benefit to me was the technical interview practice and the Employer Matchmaking event. The technical interview practice starts with a mock technical interview with one of the instructors and then moves on to a mock technical interview with a volunteer from a local tech company. The reason this was so great for me is that I felt like I flopped on this mock interview, but it was ok cause you’re being given a safe place to fail and the person interviewing you will give you a lot of feedback. After that practice interview, I pretty much knew what I needed to focus on and I felt so much more comfortable. I know that it helped me because I had nothing but positive feedback from all of my real technical interviews. The Employer Matchmaking event was a day where 20+ employers came in and held 30-minute interviews all day. I had 9 one-on-one interviews in a day and while it was kind of scary at first, I had a lot of fun and ultimately met my future employer (we’re doing great, thanks for asking).

Here’s the part you are probably most concerned about… I ended up with 3 job offers (2 before the bootcamp even ended).  I actually had to end the interview process with another company and I had pretty much stopped applying for jobs after I received my first offer (I’m not suggesting you do the same, I’m just saying I wasn’t struggling to find people that wanted to give me a shot). One of my offers came from a company outside of Tech Elevator’s hiring network and the company wasn’t even aware of the bootcamp, so I think that’s a pretty good indicator that I was equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to land a job. Another interesting point is that although I was in the Java cohort, I ended up taking a C#/.NET job.  So you’re going to learn the language for the course you enroll in, but that won’t necessarily pigeon hole you into that language because you’re going to learn the principles of Object Oriented Programming and you’re going to “learn how to learn” programming languages. You’re not just buying a fast-pass to a job though…you’re going to have to put a lot of blood, sweat, and coffee into this.

I realize this is a lot of information and that some of it might sound intimidating, but if you put in the work and you really WANT to do this, everything will be just fine.

My Advice:

Do everything. Read every page you’re assigned to read. Complete every project. Keep up with the work… you don’t want to fall behind. When you get stuck on something, set a limit for how long you will spin your wheels before asking for help. You’ll learn a lot by trying to figure out problems on your own, but there’s no point in spending 4 hours on one little problem. Take advantage of being surrounded by really smart people. Stick around or meet up after class with classmates to do work together. Do your own work, then compare with your classmate and talk to them about how/why they solved the problem the way they did. Give yourself some time to relax. The class material is important, but kicking ass on the ping pong table is also important. Enjoy the experience, because you probably won’t ever do anything like this again!

• Chris Andrikanich • Web Developer • Graduate

Fourteen weeks of intense instruction at Tech Elevator led me to a great opportunity as a web developer in the industry. After 18 years, this was a risky move on my part, but to gain a marketable skill that allowed me to pivot into a new industry, it was the right one.

The experience David Wintrich brings to his instruction, along with an experienced staff, and a space that fosters collaboration and learning, for those who choose to venture through this boot camp, the tools for success are available and present.

The boot camp model isn't easy. But, Tech Elevator is structured for each student to get out of the program, what you put into it.

If you trust the process, focus, work hard, ask questions, and work together, then Tech Elevator will help you gain that marketable skill that will get you a great job in the industry.

You can read more about my story here: https://www.coursereport.com/blog/alumni-spotlight-chris-andrikanich-of-tech-elevator

• Carl • Software Developer • Graduate

Over the several years I worked as a scientist for a large corporation, I grew increasingly dissatisfied with my job, largely because I was doing more administrative work than problem solving.  After beginning to learn a little programming on my own, I read about Tech Elevator in the newspaper and attended an open house; I then talked with alumni and spoke with people in the tech industry about Tech Elevator.  I decided that a Tech Elevator bootcamp would be an economical, pragmatic way to learn an in-demand skill and find a fulfilling career.

My classmates came from a variety of backgrounds, levels of education, and professional experience; Tech Elevator is designed to meet anyone with the aptitude and desire to become a programmer where they are and help them succeed.  The instructors break down technical concepts into essential components that can be easily digested by all.  Daily quizzes, daily coding exercises, and frequent one-on-one check-ins help the instructors quickly identify if the class as a whole or an individual student is understanding the material.  If you need additional help, a roaming instructor is available for study sessions.  The curriculum builds upon itself, so each project gives you a chance to practice and solidify previous topics.  The instructors, all of whom are accomplished software developers, are respectful, passionate about mentoring, enthusiastic about their craft, and available to answer questions at nearly all hours of the day or night.

The other half of Tech Elevator is the Pathway Program, which consists of soft skills development and career coaching; I think this program really sets Tech Elevator apart from other bootcamps.  The Pathway Program helps you craft the narrative about why you want to get into software development and what transferrable skills your past experiences give you; with this narrative in hand, the Pathway Program takes you through a series of workshops that help you write your resume, build your digital presence (e.g. LinkedIn), practice interviewing (both technical and non-technical interviews), and make meaningful connections with industry insiders.  Several workshops focused on the soft skills that are valued in the tech industry; while technical skills are important, good communication and team dynamics are just as valuable.  The Matchmaking event, when dozens of employers come in to interview students, is a highlight of the program; I had several follow-up interviews that resulted from this event and ultimately accepted a job offer from a company I “met” through Matchmaking.

The bootcamp is challenging but rewarding - you will get out what you put in.  I learned a new technical skill set, improved my soft skills, expanded my professional network, and even made some good friends along the way.  I started at my new company a week after finishing at Tech Elevator and am now several weeks into my new career; I can attest that Tech Elevator prepared me well and I hit the ground running.  I encourage you to explore Tech Elevator as your next step!

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.