tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator is an immersive 14-week coding bootcamp with tracks in Java and .NET. Their mission is to elevate people, companies, and communities. Students will learn from instructors who have an average of 20 years of experience working in the field and will gain an understanding of the foundational computer science concepts and theory necessary for a professional software developer, with special emphasis on practical application, techniques, and tools. Students in both the Java and .NET tracks will also learn client-side web programming including Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON. In the .NET track, students will also be exposed to C#. For the final capstone project, students will work together on a business project, building a fully-functional app using either Java or .NET.

In addition to the classroom hours, students will get 20+ hours of career sessions through the Pathway Program™, which focuses on developing soft skills and connecting you to the right companies through events like Employer Matchmaking. Career coaches and mentors will help with resume building, interview coaching, strengths assessment and more. The team will work with students from the start of the program to ensure they don't just get a job as a programmer, but that they are on a fulfilling, rewarding career path.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (203) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (36) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, Java, SQL
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationPhiladelphia, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in Java, Serverside programming in Java, Database programming in Java, Java frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    Prep Work30-40 hrs
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, SQL
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationDetroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in C#/.NET, Serverside programming in C#/.NET, Database programming in C#/.NET, C#/.NET frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    September 14, 2020 - Cleveland
    May 11, 2020 - Pittsburgh
    September 14, 2020 - Pittsburgh

• Bobby Galinas • Software Developer • Graduate

With Tech Elevator's extensive academic and professional support I was able to achieve the exact goal that I had hoped to achieve when entering the program. Tech Elevator provides a challenging and valuable technical curriculum, experienced and generous instructors, and a robust career planning service. If you are willing to commit yourself to Tech Elevator's curriculum you will take relevant skills into your first job in the IT field.

The school's course work did an admirable job at providing me with the fundamental skills I need to develop web based applications. I was exposed to front-end and back-end principles in units that varied in coverage time. Each unit was supported with individual and pairs exercises. Many of the topics that I worked on at Tech Elevator are important to the work that I do as a professional software developer. That being said, I do believe the coursework would be much less effective without proper instruction.

The techincal instructors at Tech Elevator are excellent. Each techincal instructor is whip smart, but something that I feel is equally important is how willing the instructors are to help. It is a great feeling to approach an instructor with a (seemingly) cryptic problem and see that they are genuienly excited to help you solve it. I have not met a group of people who are so highly expreienced but are still able to make a novice coder feel like a colleague. This enthusiasm and experience level carries over to the Pathway Program professionals.

I have graduated from two collegiate institutions, and I have never experienced the level of energy or aid that Tech Elevator's Pathway Program professionals exude. I was almost constantly exposed to corporations in the area that were actively hiring for various IT roles. I had a large number of interviews that took place on Tech Elevator's campus that were arranged by the Pathway Program. Each professional was avaliable nearly all the time to help with anything from document review to in-person interview preperation. I believe that the Pathway Program is unmatched. With all of that said, your success in the program will depend largely on the effort that you put in.

If you have seriously thought about starting a career in the IT field, and you are ready to commit yourself to learning Tech Elevator is a peerless option. The program provides you with vast resources, but it is almost entirely on you to exploit those resources. I recommend attempting to enroll if you are ready to work hard because this is a place where hard work seems to pay off.

• Justin Gompers • Web Developer • Graduate
    Before attending Tech Elevator I was working as a Chef for the past 10 years. I had some experience with coding but really wanted to further my knowledge and dive into a new field of work. After hearing stories of the school I decided to go to a open house, learn more about the school, and the curriculum they taught. I was hooked after that moment and after I finished my first day I knew I made the right choice. I was taught by Tom Anderson (.NET professor) who had decades of experience working in the field. The lessons he taught were easy to follow along with but also were laid out to cover all the bases needed to work in this industry. This is not an easy pass to get a new job though, I had to spend hours doing extra work and practicing on my own with personal projects to get better. In the end I felt like I learned more than enough to do the job I am working today. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is willing to put in the time to change.
  • Dan • Graduate

Tech Elevator is an amazing program for those looking for a career change! In 14 weeks I went from almost knowing nothing about coding to getting a job offer for a junior software developer position.

The best part of Tech Elevator in my opinion was their Pathyway Program, which helps with career prep. From building your resume to mock interviews, they are with you every step of the way to help prepare you to do well interviewing. And maybe most importantly, Tech Elevator does a lot of work to build relationships with companies in your city who are in need of developers, which is huge to get a foot in the door with their hiring network.

The instructors do a good job of teaching you during lecture every day, but it's up to you to do the homework well and go above and beyond to learn things that might not have been covered completely. The capstones in particular (of which there are four) were really helpful in solidifying concepts and things we had learned at the end of each module. At the end of the day, it is still just 14 weeks, so there's so much more to learn and at times I felt unprepared for technical interviews, but you should know enough at the end to get a job and show any employer your motivation and ability to learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Overall, I had a really great experience at Tech Elevator and would recommend it to anyone who had the ability and interest in coding. It was scary to quit my previous job and write out those big tuition checks, but it was totally worth it.

• Complete 180.
    - 9/1/2019
    Mel B • Software Engineer • Graduate

​I weighed my options of bootcamps between online, AcademyPGH and TechElevator, and TE won out pretty quickly. During the open house information session that I went to, many of my questions were answers, and my worries eased. The graduation and employment percentage and the salary outcome were all promising to me, and so I was convinced of the numbers-related proof that the program works, but I needed more. I spoke with instructors and TE alumni, and "Trust the Process" echoed throughout the room. It's a big deal to take a leap of faith on something where people say "trust it", but honestly? I got a solid vibe from the place. Call it a gut feeling.

Before the bootcamp, I used to be a Kitchen Manager, and for the last 11 years, I worked in customer and food service. I hadn't had any preparation for the professional world, and even with a B.A. and solid soft skills, I couldn't get out of that system. That's why I chose Tech Elevator. They have a stellar reputation that is iteratively building positively over time through tangible results. It's a clean slate, a new start, and a second chance.

Professionally, the Pathway Program and advice from the instructors helped me a ton. They gave me advice on how to answer certain questions, how to conduct myself, and what the tech world is really like. My Pathway instructor was serious about helping me get to the next level in my professional life and even took time late into the night to talk me through problems and questions I had related to presenting myself professionally. I spent SO much time with the instructors so that I could have a solid understanding of the core concepts of development, and they were there for me every time that I needed them.

If you decide to do this program, make sure that you tell your friends and family that this is serious. The more seriously and professionally that you treat the program, the more you'll get out of it. I pretty much only hung out with TE people and spent most of my time there (except for sleeping) for a good chunk of the time, and I was able to absorb information much more fully than if I was only checked in at certain "required" times.

Related to coding skills, I feel that I have a good, general knowledge of how to approach learning any new language, and a strong base in C# and SSMS. If you create a solid knowledge base, picking up different languages and processes isn't as daunting as opposed to if you were walking in blindly.

I was able to meet and converse with professionals in the tech industry that I otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to meet through matchmaking and networking events, made visible and possible by TechElevator.

I wouldn't have the title, Software Engineer, and the chance for a new life if it weren't for TechElevator. This program gave me the opportunity to become the person that I want to be, and for that I am eternally grateful.

• Room for Change
    - 8/17/2019
    Joseph Ambrose • Software Developer I • Graduate

When I signed up for Tech Elevator, I was skeptical. In terms of “ There’s no way, they can make me a programmer.”. Sure enough I was wrong. There instructors and staff were all helpful. You have to put the work in and trust the process. There were times were “I didn’t get it”. Remember that’s common when it comes to a entirely new subject. If I can rewrite my college history, I would choose Tech Elevator over my college education because they truly make you successful for your future

• Java Bootcamp
    - 8/16/2019
    Ipsita • Graduate

Best Curriculum!!! Best Mentors!!! Wow Jobs!!! Its worth it !!! Its one of the best decisions I ever took in my life. Being from a foreign land, struggling for a job I must say Tech Elevator has really stood out as a bridge to my career gap. It has not only given me the knowledge I required for my career growth but also provided me immense amount of confidence, friends and mentors no less than a family who still care about my work life and overall I grew as a strong individual. Great experience!!!

- 8/15/2019
    Zach • Student

TLDR: Best decision you could make if you're interested in programming and are sure you can commit to a fast-paced and challenging program. Try t

The parts of Tech Elevator that I thought were most useful were the great instructing staff who were available to help every day during working hours and even sometimes afterwards if you had questions about homework assignments or projects. Every instructor/teaching staff member has lots of experience and they are very patient with students (even those who are brand new to programming). Aside from the actual academics, the instructors frequently provide great career advice and guidance. Each offers a unique experience and you get to speak with each one many times throughout the cohort.

The Tech Elevator Pathway program was also very useful. At the very beginning it's hard to know exactly how much this program will help you but after a couple weeks you start to realize how seriously they take placing students into jobs and how much effort and time is put into helping us navigate the tech job search process. They help you write resumes, give presentations about yourself and your experience, create a solid online presence, teach you how to network, and so many more skills. I'd say half the value in Tech Elevator is preparing you in this area and holding you accountable for taking the necessary steps to secure a job.

Last thought: Come in prepared. Do the pre-work and then do more preparation. If you're in a Java or .Net class make sure to spend a good week learning the bare basics of that language on your own. It makes things much easier when you get into your third week and already have a base level understanding of the material. Also, reviewing version control (aka git & github/bitbucket systems) will make your life so much easier. This program is easily as intense as an entire college semester (probably more so) so it's good to come in ready to go. 11/10. Would reccomend to anybody!

• Ahmed N Ahmed • Software Engineer • Graduate

Coming from a computer science background, I had basic experience in coding but I was not able to get exposure and get a job on my own until I joined Tech Elevator. I did research on local bootcamps and ended up attending open house for couple of them including Tech Elevator. I found that Tech Elevator was by far the best for it's placement record, the quality of the curriculum, experience of the instructors and the commitment of the staff. I joined Tech Elevator in fall of 2018, and to be honest it was the best and timely decision I have ever made in my life.

During the 14 weeks of the rigorous program, there was ups and downs, but handling the stress and keeping on was very vital. we learned end to end Java software development which includes mini capstone projects for every module that we finish and one final capstone project at the end of the program. Our instructor Brian was a very humble and very experienced instructor with over 20 years of industry experience. The way he delieverd the subject was very amazing and the effort he did to help  everyone and his availability was extraordinary.

One of my favourite part of the program was the Pathway Program. It is a career service program led and delivered by a committed and professional members of the staff. Pathway program has helped me to identify my strengths and weaknesses, develop my communication, networking and interview skills. By the end of the cohort I was confidently expressing myself and talk about my skills and was able to land a job 5 days before our graduation.

Finally, I would recommend everyone interested in coding career to checkout Tech Elevator and you will not regret your decision.  it's worth it.

• Ryan Rugh • Associate Software Developer • Student

About 4 months ago, I remember going through these reviews and wondering if I was making the right decision to attend Tech Elevator. To be honest, I almost backed out a week before the cohort started because I wasn't sure if Tech Elevator could deliver on it's job placement/salary statistics (By the way, Tech Elevator does not guarantee a job, but 91% job placement is pretty damn good). Fast-forward to present time, I'm graduated, employed, and have a higher salary than anyone in my family has seen.

Prior to Tech Elevator, I had never seen a line of code before. In fact, I didn't know much about technology besides what I needed to get by. That may have caused me to have to put a little more time in to understand basic concepts, such as how the internet works, but it definetly didn't make the bootcamp impossible. With that said, Tech Elevator was the most intense learning experience I have gone through. You have to be fully committed to the program. If you are not, there is really no reason to waste your time, money, and effort. At the same time, I don't know of any other programs that can take someone from 0 tech experience to thriving software developer in 14 weeks.

The staff that you get at Tech Elevator are unbelievable. It's rare to get an entire team that invests themselves into you as much as the TE staff. The student's workload is intense, but you can take heart in knowing that your instructors and the career pathway team are working equally as hard to ensure your success. I believe its what separates Tech Elevator from any other bootcamp. Whenever they say that they do not succeed unless you succeed, it's more than just words. They practice what they preach, and all the current and future success I have will be owed to them. I could not have made a better decision for my life.

• Amazing
    - 4/30/2019
    Previous tech sales professional, new Applications Developer! • Developer, IT Applications • Student

i enjoyed every second of Tech Elevator, I went through the Columbus campus for Java and it is very intense, you’ll be there very late for many days of the week but if you love to code then it’s all fun. There will also be weekend commitments too so be prepared for all that time that needs to be spent there. Having a job is not recommended, this is more than a full time job to learn programming and apply your skills. I met great new friends who are also interested in development and great mentors who are basically wizards of development. You’ll learn all that you need to become a junior level developer. Again, make sure to be committed the learning is fast paced. You’ll also learn about what it takes to find a job and they will help you to build a network and become connected with people who are hiring. The instructors are truly committed to the students as well often answering questions until very late at night or coding something new as a learning example for us when they are at home after work. My biggest fear was that employers would look down on this route of learning but if anything it shows that you’re willing and able to learn very quickly and tech is always changing so they need people who want to keep growing. Employers I interview with are impressed with what I’ve learned and the work I’ve been able to complete in such a short span of time. Tech Elevator in particular is also connected to many large employers in Columbus, so it is nice to take advantage of their connections. I am only a week and a half out of the program and I now have two job offers with great companies. I can’t wait to start coding and building applications as a career and I most definitely have Tech Elevator to thank.

• A Great Decision
    - 2/21/2019
    Corey Jansen • Consultant (Software Developer) • Graduate

I had a Bachelors in Computer Science and was struggling to find a tech job for years. Through Tech Elevator I brought my tech skills up to date and, more importantly, taught me how to market myself to employers. Additionally, Tech Elevator has built up a network of hiring partners that you won't find at a college. I now make $65K / year, which is a lot better than the $30K I was making at Walmart.

• Worth Every Penny
    - 2/11/2019
    William • Lawrence • Graduate

Tech Elevator Review

Originally, I didn’t want to go to a boot camp to learn software development. I thought that it sounded way to good to be true. So I decided to take some computer science classes and teach myself. The code that I was writing at school wasn’t what any jobs were looking for, and I kept getting turned down for entry level positions and even internships.

I talked with a CEO of a tech company in the Cleveland area, and she said that if I wanted to be a developer, then I should consider boot camps more seriously. I did my research about Tech Elevator, and it all seemed too good to be true. But after a lot of unhappiness with the path I was on, I decided to take the leap and enroll.

I could not be happier with my decision. Before I go into the details, I want to get to the bottom line. I went from making close to nothing to making over 60k. Not only am I good at what I do, but the skills that I have learned were exactly what I needed to excel in my role. But even more than that I am respected because of my skills. I had multiple offers before graduation, and I am happier now than ever before.

Now to get into the different aspects of the program.

The coursework has been created and refined over by professional developers. They know how to write readable code, and can teach you everything you need to start your career. They don’t hold your hand in the process because they want you to grow but, there are extensive resources if you need help, and collaboration is always encouraged.

You learn, in no particular order, the fundamentals of programming, database programming, version control, web programming, and security. It’s a lot, and they don’t skip very much. This makes the program intense, so you need to put in the work.

The learning is almost entirely project based, and that means that you are able to really learn instead of just doing what an instructor tells you. The final project is a two week sprint where you make an entire application following industry standards to really learn what it’s like to develop.

Career Coaching

The career coaching is worth the entire cost cost of the program. The person that helped us in our job search was a technical recruiter that knew what companies are looking for, and what you need to do to get hired. The help you craft and refine a resume, you work on elevator pitches, you have practice interviews (behavioral and technical), and you learn how to reach out to different companies and field applications.

Then you have matchmaking. This is where the real value comes from. After you spent weeks preparing, you get to have between 12 and 16 interviews with potential employers. This is where I got all my offers. You will get a ton of follow up interviews, and you have a signigicant chance of getting hired.

Other Aspects

I really want to take an opportunity to say that this place is special. They really care. It could so easily be a cash grab, but it’s not. They do every thing that they can to help you succeed. Even after you graduate, they provide constant support.

The last thing that I will say is that the program is not easy. You will have to put in the work. You will have to stay up late. You will drink way more coffee than you should. But if you listen the instructors, you will succeed.
  • Michael Markgraf • Software Developer • Graduate

I had been bouncing from job to dead-end job before I decided to go back to school for programming. I initially thought I’d have to go back to college for a bachelor or associate degree in computer science and was pretty bummed at the thought of someone my age (30) waiting 4 more years to start a real career. Fortunately, I heard about this boot camp.

14 weeks later I was hired as a consultant at a local firm here in Cincinnati, making more money and doing work that actually fulfilled and excited me.

I highly recommend this program for anyone who was never quite able to excel in traditional learning paths, or anyone seeking to quickly update their programming skills. Staff is HIGHLY competent and attentive, and gave me more than I needed to succeed.

• Alex • Software Developer • Graduate

I had a great experience as a student at Tech Elevator. Without them, I wouldn't have a job as a software developer, which hands down is the reason to do it. It's not cheap and it was *really* hard work, but I feel that it was worth every cent and every minute.

I was in the .NET class, and feel that was the best fit for me. My teacher was fantastic - he was very knowledgable and cared deeply about our success.

Beyond the actual return on investment aspect: It was fun! I now have a group of nerdy friends, and who doesn't want that?

• It's Worth It.
    - 1/18/2019
    Anthony Slack • Software Developer I • Graduate

Overall, Tech Elevator has been the best decision I have made regarding my personal career in my entire life up until this point. That might sound like hyperbole, but it's not. I had a minor amount of coding experience prior to attending. I made a few websites, tried developing some games, and was delivering pizzas to make ends meet.

Going to Tech Elevator was one heck of a grind. They aren't joking when they say that you have to give up whatever you're doing for 14 weeks and apply yourself fully. And if you do apply yourself, you'll get what you paid for, and then some.

Don't have coding experience? Don't worry about it. The classroom instruction is hands-on, personal, and goes step-by-step to ensure that you understand what you need to understand (learning how to ask good questions goes a long way, too). Don't have a college degree? Don't worry about that either. I didn't, and I succeeded regardless through hard work. Don't have discipline and the drive to better yourself every day? Well... maybe then you should look elsewhere. This program is the prime example of the addage "hard work pays off."

This program gets you ready for what the IT field will throw at you. You'll go from nodding along at meet-ups feeling deep over your head to asking meaningful questions in just a few weeks. If you pay attention and take good notes, technical interviews and whiteboarding are cake. Chris, Aaron, and David are brilliant instructors, and they turn the most abstract concepts into something comprehensible and manageable.

If someone had told me that I would be a full-stack developer today one year ago, I would have probably told them they were talking crazy. "Who, me? I'm just a pizza guy who thinks Java and Javascript are the same thing!" But now, the sky's the limit. If you apply yourself, you'll make it. No doubt about it.

And while the lectures teach you how to code, the Pathway Program teach you how to be a business professional. If you feel out of place during professional interviews, they'll iron that out of you as hard as you'll be ironing your shirts after having over ten interviews in three days during their Matchmaking event. The Pathway program goes over all the essential things you will need such as working with recruiters, building your personal brand, buffing out your resume, and more. Jessica Hall, you're a life-saver. The networking offered is top notch as well, with companies coming in to showcase themselves twice a week.

All in all, I couldn't recommend this program enough to someone looking to get into coding either as a new career, or as a career change. If you're reading all these reviews, you probably have what it takes. Go apply!

• Bryan Evans • Associate Software Engineer • Graduate

Deciding to change careers is the scariest thing in the world, especially when you have two young children and a mortgage to pay. I knew it was time to make a pivot in my life and Tech Elevator was there when I needed it the most. I had reached the peak in my previous career in the event industry and although it was fun while I was younger, now with a young family and no room to grow professionally I was in rut and needed a change.

I knew it was time in my life for a career change and I knew I wanted to enter the technology sector but didn't know how without going back to school full-time. I already had a degree with student loans and couldn't afford to go back to school full-time for 2-4 years. Enter Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator's, 14-week program, along with Skills Fund financing, was perfect for launching me into a new, challenging and rewarding career.

I checked out other coding bootcamps but when I came across Tech Elevator and their staff, I knew I was in the right hands. Everything at Tech Elevator is top notch. From their facilities and classrooms, to the instructors and every staff member. Everyone and everything there are geared to prepare you for a job as a software/web developer.

Let's start with the facilities... The classrooms are very well set up for a fun learning environment. The classes are small enough where everyone gets personal attention and no one is left behind. The "garage", meeting space and kitchen are all top notch, very welcoming and conducive to learning. No detail goes unnoticed and it was a real pleasure going to school every day.

How about the instructors and staff? The instructors, Josh, Frank and Craig, have been doing this a long time and get personal satisfaction from helping you learn and succeed. Every instructor is available after class for private tutoring sessions and is super helpful with any questions or problems you may have. They have all been in the industry and really know what they are teaching. They even tailor and change up the curriculum on the fly to fit the needs in the industry you will be entering. Even though, Kelly, the Pathway Director's main focus is to help you land a job she is always there to chat or just vent if you need to. Every staff member, including the Campus Director, Marty, and even the marketing team will do whatever they can to help you get a job as well. It really is a team effort at Tech Elevator and it shows. Although Tech Elevator does everything they can to help you get a job, ultimately it is up to you get a job and if you follow Tech Elevator's Pathway program and process you will be successful. If you put in the work, I can attest it will pay off.

I enrolled at Tech Elevator in September of 2018 and graduated in December 2018. I was in Josh's .Net class and am so glad I put in the work, stuck with it and never gave up or said I couldn't do it. I was there every day putting in the work and getting extra tutoring sessions in because I had to get a job as I had a family depending on me. Every instructor and staff member helped me along the way and was always there when/if I needed them.

There are two parts to Tech Elevator and they are both equally important. One is the curriculum and what you are learning in the classroom. The other is the Pathway Program (this is what really sets Tech Elevator above the competition). The Pathway program is all about giving you the tools and soft skills to help you land your first job in the technology field but also to help you have a long and successful career if you continue to use those skills. From resume building, to Employer Showcases all the way to Matchmaking, The Pathway Program is the crown jewel in Tech Elevator's hat. Every facet of the Pathway Program helped me and I didn't miss one Pathway event or task but ultimately the Matchmaking event that Tech Elevator holds at the end of the program is what helped me land me my dream job. Matchmaking lets you get face time with employers in the area that are actively hiring and lets you escape the resume hole. After Matchmaking, I received a call back for a second in person interview at the company’s HQ and after that and another phone interview I got a job offer! All my hard for paid off and I had a signed job offer a week before graduating Tech Elevator.

I'm currently a couple weeks into my new job and career and couldn't be happier. I'm at a great company with all the perks, I have an awesome manager, team and a bright future ahead of me. I wouldn't be where I am today without Tech Elevator and am so glad I took the plunge!

If you decide to go to Tech Elevator just remember this.. You will get out of it what you put into it. Put in the work, trust the process and you will be successful!

• Chris Karaplis • Web Developer • Graduate

Going to Tech Elevator was the best decision I've ever made. Starting off I was told "You get out what you put in.", and while that's true, 14 weeks is not a long time to dedicate to elevating your future. The boot camp is stressful, difficult, and exhausting, but it wouldn't be so rewarding if it wasn't. Everyone on campus is amazing, and will do everything they can to assist in reaching your goals. That being said, don't come in expecting them to just get you a job. You need to put the time and work in. It's hard work, but so worth it! Before Tech Elevator, I was working multiple jobs just to make ends meet, but through their matchmaking I secured a great job before I even graduated. I recommend this boot camp to anyone who is looking to get into the tech industry. I tried learning this on my own through udemy, freecodecamp, etc, but the instructors at Tech Elevator helped make it so much easier to learn.

Between the instructors, and the Pathway Program, I believe anyone who is motivated to go through this program will be successful. They teach you everything you need to know from the technical side of things to improving your soft skills. On top of everything I learned, I've made some friendships that will likely last a lifetime. I have nothing bad to say about this program, and if you're looking to go into a coding bootcamp I can't stress enough how great Tech Elevator is.

TLDR: Tech Elevator is an amazing opportunity for anyone willing to put the work in. Their staff cares about every single student, and will do whatever they can to help you reach your career goals. If you're looking to elevate your life, and get into the tech industry, there is no better option than Tech Elevator.

• Jonathan Taaffe • Software Developer II • Graduate

I recently graduated from Cohort [0] in Pittsburgh and I do not believe that I am exaggerating when I say that the Tech Elevator program is absolutely superb!  I had worked in IT for most of my professional career, but I found that my skill set was very outdated and after a hiatus from the industry I decided to attend the TE program as a means of retooling my skillset.  Due to my past experience, I had a perspective that was a little different than the average student.  I already knew what the IT world was like and therefore I had a better idea of what to expect when I showed up for the first day of class.  As a result, I was able to really appreciate the immense value of all of the various components that had been skillfully organized into the curriculum.  Both the technical instructors and career counselors (a.k.a. Pathway Program counselors) were highly skilled, very fun and deeply dedicated.  The two-pronged approach that Tech Elevator employs to both teach the technical skills and then to guide individuals into appropriate job opportunities is a distinguishing characteristic that, in my opinion, really separates them from their competitors.  All in all, the overall experience was wonderful and the end result has been nothing short of life changing.  I would highly, highly recommend TE to anyone who is seriously considering a career in IT but who needs some help getting there.

• Matt • Software Developer • Graduate

Short version: Definitely worth it for me personally. I went from making teenage wages in the sevice industry to landing a software developer job. Plus, It only took 14-weeks of 50-60+ hour weeks to do it. Which was a ton of  work but realistically not a ton of actual time (14-weeks < 4-years for a degree). As people like to say "life changing".  So if you can carve out 14-weeks for Tech Elevator I would say go for it. Mind you, my experience may not be yours.

background: I had an Associates degree before Tech Elevator and had worked as a production/graphic designer for the better part of a decade before Tech Elevator. I moved to Pittsburgh and was unable to find work in my previous industry and fell back on the world of food service to keep myself afloat.

Instructors: Tom and Andrew were both really great. Both have many years of real world programming know-how under their belts and their areas of expertise were very complimentary of each other. They were a very well-balanced tag-team. The Hawk and Animal of the bootcamp world. Even now I can hear Tom's dulcet tones explaining "for each loops" and "ternary operators" to the class. Andrew's tech/computer-science asides are great if you want to learn more about the theory behind what you are learning in class and come in very handy during job interviews.

Pathway Program/Office: This is what made me decide to go to Tech Elevator. Caitie (the pathway program head) and Justin (Pittsburgh's Campus Director) open doors to future employers that you could never do on your own. I can't emphasize this enough. They do an amazing job of preparing you for the job market and giving you the connections to actually get a job. Listen to what they have to say and then do it. Also Marissa was a great help during the admission process as well as during the duration of the cohort.

To Students: Do what Caitie says. Ask questions when you are confused about anything. Don't quit when things seem very overwhelming. Take a break. Keep asking questions. Help out other Students, it'll help you learn too. Do what Caitie says.

Summary: I got a software Developer job 2-weeks after graduation (most of my cohort had offers before the end of the cohort) so Tech Elevator definitely worked for me.

*caveat emptor: This isn't a knock on Tech Elevator per se but some companies want Bachelor Degrees regardless of their relevance to a job listing, so If you don't have a Bachelor's Degree you're out of luck. So if you are only armed with a High School Diploma or an Associates some doors even the pathway program can't open.

• Brittanie Duncan • Software Engineer • Graduate

I was in a very unhappy place teaching third grade. I wanted out and Tech Elevator was the way. I learned about it though my husband who heard about it through work. We agreed to send me after much thought and discussion. Everyone I met Ben, Katie, kalyn, and Laura were all very nice and played a major part in why I chose to make this big move. I loved all of the instructors. They all worked around the clock to help in any way you needed. I learn best through watching, doing, and one on one teaching. I learned so many things that I have already used in my new job. Trying to teach myself online would have never worked.

The Pathway Program was in my opinion almost more valuable than the course work. The pathway team was fantastic they were always there to help. I had to the opportunity to meet so many great people. There are many opportunities you just need to take advantage of them. It was through these events that I made a connection with ended up in a job. I know some people I talked to don’t feel this way. It is all about what you put into the program. You will only get out what you put in. I went above and beyond to make sure I had a job in the end.

Now I have my dream job at JPMChase! I am happier than I have ever been. I owe it all to my hard work and Tech Elevator for helping me get there!

• Jeff Gill • Java Software Engineer • Graduate

I graduated August 2018 from the Java Cohort and i can’t say enough good things. Going in, I thought I knew more about coding than I actually did, so the program was very tough. And I also thought I was on-point with my resume and interview skills, which needed some help. The course feeds you info like a firehouse so was very challenging, but the instructors and staff are always willing to give you extra help and guidance after class or nights and weekends through the messaging app. If you put in the work, you will earn that reward. I learned everything i needed to get me started in a career as a Software Engineer, but I learned so much more about myself as a person. There were times that I felt I wouldn’t get to the finish line, but with help and encouragement from everyone (including classmates), I dug deep and stuck it out. The staff does a great job to get you there, but soft-skills aren’t spoon-fed. You have to work hard and figure some stuff out no your own and that makes it that much more rewarding. I’ve never done anything so difficult and I’ve never had any career experience more fulfilling. If you want to change your career, you can do that at Tech Elecator, but you will elevate your life in the process. Go for it.

• Andrew Clark • Full Stack Web Engineer • Graduate

I recently graduated from Tech Elevator (Columbus) and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I’ve recently accepted a position as a Full Stack Web Engineer and for the first time I am going into a new career with confidence and one I am excited to experience. I always felt in my past experience in Operations Management that I wasn’t realizing my potential and not enjoying what I did as much as I could, and Tech Elevator has made it possible to achieve these things. I’ve had a lot of teachers and mentors over the years through my experience at OSU and in the business world, but everyone at Tech Elevator is the cream of the crop. The instructors I had in the program not only were able to deliver instruction that was concise and make difficult concepts easy to understand, but were also willing to spend time with you one on one at any point to help you realize a fuller understanding of the material. I expected their pathway program to help me gain some more confidence going into interviews, however one thing I did not expect was that it would give me more confidence in a multitude of aspects of my life. I also can’t say enough about how the networking of the program with business needs in our region helped in landing me a job. It was a somewhat excruciating process interviewing with 10 companies over 2 days, but it was one of the best experiences I could imagine when entering a new field. I have never been surrounded by people in my life that are as dedicated to developing talent to meet demand in a market as those at Tech Elevator. If you’re considering going to Tech Elevator, talk to Katie, John, or any of the staff for 5 minutes and I guarantee you will see how passionate they are about helping people realize their potential and you’ll sign up just like I did.

• Mike Weiss • Web Application Developer • Graduate

Last year I was stuck in a dead-end job, working in hospitality as a waiter in a little family restaurant. I was at a point where I was ready to dedicate myself to a career but I felt like I simply didn’t have the right piece of paper to get started working in a field that interested me. I had always loved tech and I wanted a job where I would be able to apply myself mentally but I felt like the only way to do that was to go massively in debt, going back to college to pursue a degree in a new field. Luckily, I wasn’t the only person who realized that there was a significant subsect of society that was underemployed but willing to put in the work to make something of themselves if they were given a chance.

Tech Elevator was the opportunity I didn’t know was out there but I was waiting for the whole time. From the industry professionals that are there way too late every day to stick around and answer your questions to the whole staff of the Pathway Program that also work way too late every day to help you build your resume and polish your interviewing skills, and of course all of the administrators who do the most important job of keeping the lights on and the pretzel bowls filled, the entire staff is dedicated to the single goal of helping you succeed in a challenging and rewarding industry.

But the final piece of the puzzle is you. You will have to work very hard to learn concepts they teach, and you will stay up late every night for 3 months creating some amazing projects and struggling with your peers to learn some difficult concepts. But, if you are willing to put in the time to learn how to code, you will have taken the first step to an extremely rewarding and fulfilling career with some of the best people you will ever meet.

I guess to sum up, all of this is to say if you are willing to put in the work, you have found a place that’s willing to work right alongside you and will be at least as excited as you are when you succeed.

• Great experience
    - 8/26/2018
    Jerrad S Christian • Graduate

I had zero experience in IT before joining Tech Elevator.  The instructors are attentive, professional and a pleasure to work with.  After class was over, the pathway team didn’t stop until every student was gainfully employed. I wholly recommend this program to those motivated to start a new career and dedicated enough to go for it.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

88% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 11% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 47 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 2% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Tech Elevator CIRR Report here