tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator is an immersive 14-week coding bootcamp with tracks in Java and .NET. Their mission is to elevate people, companies, and communities. Students will learn from instructors who have an average of 20 years of experience working in the field and will gain an understanding of the foundational computer science concepts and theory necessary for a professional software developer, with special emphasis on practical application, techniques, and tools. Students in both the Java and .NET tracks will also learn client-side web programming including Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON. In the .NET track, students will also be exposed to C#. For the final capstone project, students will work together on a business project, building a fully-functional app using either Java or .NET.

In addition to the classroom hours, students will get 20+ hours of career sessions through the Pathway Program™, which focuses on developing soft skills and connecting you to the right companies through events like Employer Matchmaking. Career coaches and mentors will help with resume building, interview coaching, strengths assessment and more. The team will work with students from the start of the program to ensure they don't just get a job as a programmer, but that they are on a fulfilling, rewarding career path.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (203) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (36) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, Java, SQL
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationPhiladelphia, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in Java, Serverside programming in Java, Database programming in Java, Java frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    Prep Work30-40 hrs
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, SQL
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationDetroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in C#/.NET, Serverside programming in C#/.NET, Database programming in C#/.NET, C#/.NET frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund

• Leap of faith
    - 5/12/2017
    Andrew Jaros  User Photo
    Andrew Jaros • .Net Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I’ll start by saying that this was the best professional decision I’ve ever made in my life. I was hired as a .Net Developer two weeks prior to graduation and started working the Monday after. While I won’t reveal my exact salary, I nearly doubled what I was earning prior (and no, I was not working at minimum wage). I’ve had plenty of highs and lows at companies prior so I just want to start by providing some background information on my journey.

Background:

I graduated from high school in 2005 and went to college for one year before dropping out. I took five years off, working odd jobs before returning to finish with B.A. in Political Science. Afterward, I moved to Ohio and worked on several statewide political campaigns, in the state legislature as an aide, and on a U.S. Senate race. The schedule was exhausting, the pay was low, and my morale after so many losses was even lower. I was at a crossroads in my life.

I always had a knack for working with computers but no real programming experience outside of my love of spreadsheets (if you would even consider that programming). During the last campaign, I was assessing an issue with one our routers when a coworker offhandedly asked me why I wasn’t doing this (IT) for a living. I was taken aback by the comment because I just had never seriously considered it. A lot of it had to do with how I decided to pursue political science, not computer science, while in college. The thought stayed with me for days. I browsed Indeed & Monster for IT jobs but was bummed that I just didn’t think I would have any way of figuring out all of the required technologies on my own. There’s a lot to know even for an entry-level job!

So after the 2016 election, my job ended and I was looking for the next thing. I was talking with a friend who works in the tech industry and he recommended I check out coding boot camps and specifically mentioned Tech Elevator. He said that his company had hired from there and that they look for boot camp graduates specifically.

Admittedly, I was nervous. I was tens of thousands of dollars in debt from student loans, car loans, credit cards, random life events, etc. The price tag seemed too high. If it didn’t work out, I don’t know if I would have been able to recover. But I knew that if I stayed in politics, I would be in the same position that I was the year before: overworked, underpaid, and worse – unsatisfied. I was going to have to take out a private loan for the course. Luckily, because my previous job had ended, I was able to stay collect unemployment compensation while taking this course (it’s considered workforce re-entry training). Was it a scam? A money grab? I deliberated for a couple weeks then I did it:

I took a leap of faith.

My time at Tech Elevator:

If you apply for this program with the expectation that it’s going to be easy, don’t even bother. For the entirety of the 14-week program, I was completely consumed in code. Any semblance of free time on nights and weekends was gone, but I was okay with it! I wanted to learn more and grow my skills as much as I could. My instructor John is a bright, passionate, hilarious person. He seemed to be available pretty much any hour of the day when I had a question for him (sorry John’s family). He was patient with students and put in the time to work individually when anyone needed it. I cannot speak higher of John’s knowledge of .Net and his desire to teach others.

As for other staff at Tech Elevator, Katie was every student’s career guidance counselor / guardian angel. She would go out of her way to get students focused on the bigger picture (i.e. finding a job) and would go to bat for us if we felt like we were in a tough spot with an employer.

Around the time employer match-making ended, a recruiting company reached out to me via LinkedIn about a potential opportunity. In my previous career, anyone reaching out like made me suspicious but in technology, that’s par for the course. The field is so in-demand right now! I had to complete 4 separate interviews (3 with the recruiting company and 1 with the company I’m placed at right now) but I got the job! The technologies I had learned lined up almost exactly with what they were looking for.

Conclusion:

I have a new career as a .Net Developer at a major energy company in Columbus. Given that I have a non-IT college degree, I needed to follow a non-traditional path to break into the field. Taking that leap of faith was the most worthwhile thing I’ve ever done. If you’ve always had a knack for technology and want to make a career change – seriously – take the leap. You won’t regret it.

Final Thoughts:

- Say goodbye to your social life, say hello to code

- You will not be able to have a full-time job during this course. Part time? Maybe, but I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate enough if I had done that (some did)

- Go to networking events! Don’t do what I did and not attend a single one. Even though I am gainfully employed and loving it, who knows who I would have met or where I’d be if I had gone. Just do it!

- It’s okay to feel overwhelmed by the enormity of what you’re undertaking. You will not leave an expert in any of the technologies and no employer worth their salt would ever expect you to be able to perform the duties of a senior or mid-level developer

- Practice talking about the technologies you’re learning. My biggest hurdle was confidently communicating what I learned to industry professionals. I eventually wised up and did a TON of practicing, but do not underestimate how important it is to do this

- Don’t expect to be the best programmer there. You’ll have to pass aptitude tests to even get in, so they don’t just let anyone become a student. Their standards are high. Every student had strengths in different areas so listen and learn

- It’s worth it

• Highly recommend
    - 5/3/2017
    Pete Bush  User Photo
    Pete Bush • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical of Tech Elevator’s bold promise to help me get a job with just 14 weeks of training. After talking to a Tech Elevator alum, I decided to take the plunge, and I’m so glad I did. By the end of the program I was offered a job paying about 45% more than I was making before.

Tech Elevator’s greatest asset is its instructors. Josh, the .NET instructor, is phenomenal. His understanding of the material is thorough, and he has the ability to deliver the material in a way that is easy to understand. Beyond that, though, he sincerely cares about his students and their success. He was always available to give students extra help with difficult concepts, provide review sessions, or give advice about projects we were working on. Even in the evenings or on weekends, he would be on Ryver answering questions. Even now, two weeks after graduation, Josh is still sending us messages, and giving us advice on how to keep our skills sharp. His commitment to his students’ success far exceeded my expectations.

Another component of the Tech Elevator program is its Pathway Program, which provides Tech Elevator students with guidance relating to our job search. There were regular seminars focusing on different aspects of the job search (writing resumes, using LinkedIn, etc.), as well as mock interviews. The Pathway director met with students individually and helped us to tailor our job search according to our individual aspirations. The highpoint of the Pathway program was the Matchmaking event, a two-day event involving about 20 companies. I interviewed with 10 companies during the Matchmaking event, and ultimately received a job offer as a result.

On the first day of Tech Elevator, we were told that we would get out of the program what we put into it. This turned out to be true. If you decide to enroll in Tech Elevator, make sure you’re ready to completely devote yourself to the program and to acquiring the skills that will make you marketable. If you’re willing to put in the work, the Tech Elevator staff will be there to support you.

• Jacob Rutter  User Photo
    Jacob Rutter • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Greetings,

So you're considering a coding bootcamp? I was in your shoes not long ago. I chose Tech Elevator's coding bootcamp in Columbus, OH. I was part of their Jan-April 2017 .Net cohort. Let me tell you a little about my experience.

The decision to attend Tech Elevator was not one that I made lightly. The cost of the program and the time commitment were the largest hurdles I had to consider and clear before attending. I am so glad I made the sacrifices necessary. I was resolute that I would not only participate but I would put all of myself into the 14 week program. It required all of that--and sometimes a little more. Tech Elevator did a good job of letting me know what to expect and the fast pace at which things are taught. A little joke we had was that it would be 14 weeks of drinking from a fire hose. IT WAS.

That is not said to scare you away, so much the opposite! It was an intensive, exhaustive 14 weeks but I was able to learn at an accelerated pace unparalleled by any other education I have had. In my eyes the difference between Tech Elevator and other bootcamps are twofold.

First, the team assembled to assist you along the way are unlike any others in their field. The instructors are a deep pools of programming knowledge and the epitome of what a mentor should be. If I had one word to describe the instructors it would be Invested. They are wholly invested in your success.

The second differentiator that sets Tech Elevator apart is the Pathway Program. This is the career prep portion of the coding bootcamp. It is a streamlined series of events that is planned with precision and ensures that if you are putting in the effort that is advised you will be prepared to launch a career in the tech industry before graduation. Take the Pathway Program seriously and it will pay dividends.

By graduation I had multiple offers from reputable companies within Columbus, Ohio. Thanks to Tech Elevator I was well versed in programming and (equally as important) I could confidently communicate the knowledge I had learned. On the day of graduation I accepted one of the offers I had received. Today (5/1/2017) was my first day as a Software Engineer. I owe everyone at Tech Elevator a substantial debt of gratitude. The program prepared me for a successful career in the tech industry and has drastically changed the trajectory of my life.

I highly recommend Tech Elevator.

• java
    - 4/24/2017
    Liel  User Photo
    Liel • TAP • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I read the reviews about techElevator they seemed completely fake. How come no one is unhappy? No complaints? Did their relatives review them??

Now I'm going to give another glowing review and you can wonder about this one as well...

TechElevator promises hard work, fast pace, and huge time commitment-  and delivers big time. I hardly had time to breath. Said goodbye to my friends and family.  Instead, I went to all sorts of tech-related meetups. And learned to be a full stack java developer. And had a blast. AND found a job!

The program was interesting challenging and engaging, but we were guided through it all. The mock interviews I had prepared me for the "real thing" and I learned how to brand my skills and my experience. The pathways program manager is an amazing individual who truly cares about you as a person and how you can get the best possible outcome for yourself.

Now I'm a believer...

• Lori Somerville  User Photo
    Lori Somerville • Software Engineer 1 • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Although my journey to becoming a software developer was a twisty road, I knew as soon as I started coding that I had finally found the job for me! Debugging complex code is more fun than anything I’ve ever done as work before! I have been a Massage Therapist, a Truck Driver, and a Customer Service Rep. Though I have a B.A. in Communications, I never found the career I wanted until I came to Tech Elevator.

Every member of the staff at Tech Elevator is invested in helping you succeed as a developer, but they also are invested in you as a whole person. Josh, the lead instructor for .NET/C#, is the most gifted educator I have come across, and believe me, with my varied background, I have had quite a few! His ability to figure out exactly what each individual needs to hear or see in order to understand a concept is unbelievable. But his dedication to looking at each student as an individual with his/her own learning style and individual strengths, is what made it enjoyable to stuff our brains full of knowledge and logic each day.

Craig, another instructor who is available for one-on-one sessions, is one of the most patient teachers I have come across, and spending time in his office was always enlightening even when the material was frustrating.  Tiffany, the head of the Pathway Program, was there to help me with my least favorite part of Tech Elevator – the resume and networking. She was encouraging and supportive, but also made sure I worked my butt off to get in touch with the people who would eventually become my employers!

Every single staff member was there to help boost my confidence after receiving a rejection. I had 5 separate people call me aside to talk to me about how I was going to do even better next time and to tell me that I had the skills I needed – it was time to “put my oar in” and keep on applying and networking. These lovely people helped me find a job that puts a smile on my face just about every day.

After a few rejections along the way, and a LOT of help from Tiffany and the rest of the team, I was amazed to find myself with not only one, but TWO job offers on the same day! I was able to choose the job that was right for me, and I have been happily heading downtown to my job as an entry-level Software Engineer for about a month.

Tech Elevator prepared me well for my work. It was an exhausting and challenging 14 weeks, but they exposed me to most of the tools I use every day now. I learned to debug in Visual Studio, use source control with Git, and talk to databases with SQL Server Management Studio.  I also had a good overview of web programming including Javascript and using the MVC framework in .NET. I feel confident that with a little more time, I will be a valuable member of my team at my new job. Tech Elevator’s amazing staff and awesome curriculum, along with some of the skills I learned along my twisty path, helped me find the fun career I always wanted!

• Keith Williams  User Photo
    Keith Williams • Associate Consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Tech Elevator was absolutely a critical turning point for me. After a layoff and being uninterested in pursuing my previous career path I knew I needed to do something different, something more fulfilling and rewarding. I came across Tech Elevator and the rest is history.

I went from absolutely no previous experience in technology( I come from an arts background) to landing my first job in tech prior to graduation. The work was hard and at times I wanted to quit but the staff, instructors, and my classmates were very helpful and encouraging. I have 5 children ( 6 month old twins at the time) but with the proper support system I learned programming and was able to create a really cool web based application along two other students. Not only this, but the professional development aspect, which is a part of the program is really want helps you land a job. They are extremely committed to creating opportunity for the people of the program in every way possible.

Like the saying goes, you get out what you put in. I put in a lot of hard work and long hours to learn coding and how to build applications. At my job there is more learning and training, the journey never ends. None of the journey would be possible if I had not decided to take a risk, change directions, put my head down, work hard and if Tech Elevator did not have such an incredible program to help my achieve my goals. Thank you all so much, my future will be totally different than what it would have been!

For anyone reading this review, like I did a few months ago, I realize they are very critical to making a decision. It's not a cookie cutter, walk in the park situation. You will WORK very hard to learn these concepts but in the end it's all worth it, I would gladly do it again.

• Tyler  User Photo
    Tyler • Applications Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The whole point of this program is simple, they teach you the skills needed to succeed as an application developer in the real world. Casey is an amazing instructor who never hesitates to take advantage of a teaching moment. You'll learn how to build a web app from front end to back end and everything in between. The course is very demanding but you will be rewarded with the skill set to succeed.

The main selling point for Tech Elevator will be the job placement. Katie and the team will do wonders that will surprise you. They bring companies in to buy lunch for you just in hopes you will apply with their company. There's also a meeting every week about how to improve your career and manage it after the course and for years to come. They teach you how to be a professional in the workplace and what to expect when you get into your first job.

• Research
    - 1/16/2017
    Ryan Sapp  User Photo
    Ryan Sapp • Cybersecurity Anaylst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Having started an education company in college I was very skeptical of anything in higher ed (especially for-profits). I knew a lot of the ins and outs of for-profit Universities having had some of them as my venture capitalist, so when I started looking into bootcamps in Columbus I did a lot of research and questioned everything. I knew there has been a lot of bad actors out there in the for-profit model, so I did my research and encourage you to as well. With the bootcamp concept being relatively new and the government generally being behind in regulations, inevitably there is going to be some pump dump quick profit players.  I went to several open houses, looked at LinkedIn profile success, talked with people, and even read reviews here. I knew it was important to go with the best of breed in the industry to truly learn, get the job support, and create the network needed to revamp my career. The last thing I wanted was to be one of the news stories about how I thought I would get a career and all I did was build up more debt.

I found the best of breed of coding bootcamps in Tech Elevator. Their model depends on your success! If their students do not do well it hurts them long-term and you can sense that, so the motivation is aligned. Casey, Katie, and everyone else at Tech Elevator are awesome. I could not be happier. I now have a cybersecurity role where I work for AEP, Battelle, L brands, Huntington, Cardinal Health, Ohio Health, and Nationwide. I get to work for the best and brightest companies of Columbus now doing what I love. Tech Elevator changed my life and I could not have done it without them.

It was not easy, and honestly it can't be. There is a lot to learn no matter what you say. This is also why Tech Elevator won't accept just anyone with a check. They want their students to succeed and only select students they see the most potential in. I can guarantee you if this is what you truly are interested in and you have the drive, it is well worth the investment. The only downside was that I had to quit my job in order to do the bootcamp, but to be honest, I do not see how other models work if you are not truly immersed.

• Andrew • Student
    I attended Tech Elevator for the first Detroit cohort in summer 2019, learning Java. The program was challenging, but it did a great job of preparing me for my first job in technology. Along with the full stack knowledge and experience I gained, the Pathways Program was an invaluable tool for strengthening interview skills and polishing resumes. The Pathways program also includes employer showcases where local companies come in and speak about the tech stacks they use and what kind of work they do - I landed my job by connecting with one of the companies involved in these showcases. It's hard work but I would recommend Tech Elevator to anyone who is ready to start (or advance) their career in technology.
  • Luke • Software Developer • Graduate
    It took me over a year to build up the courage from researching coding bootcamps, to find myself in a chair at one of Tech Elevator's Open Houses. Throughout that evening it quickly became clear to me that I had to join this program.
    I did, and it's changed my life. If you find yourself in a similar position, hopefully this will help.

I came from a background of NO college and NO prior coding experience, but I knew I loved technology and solving problems. During that open house (which I HIGHLY recommend you attend) hearing the passion from the staff, the teachers, and their commitment to help you succeed really inspired me. The #1 thing that made it click for me, was the fact that Tech Elevator voluntarily gets audited yearly. You can see the amount of job offers AND the salary brackets of those offers of past students, they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, they aren't making any crazy guarantees like some other programs, you get to see yourself the results for yourself. You can have confidence that when they talk placement rates, it's based of data, and not some crazy marketing plan.

I know what you're thinking; quitting your job PLUS a high cost of entry for the program? That can seem very intimidating, but the result is well worth it in my opinion.

I cannot stress this enough: you will get out what you put in the program.
    I had some classmates that, when it was job hunting time, only put in 1 resume a week, others were putting 10. The ones that only put a single resume out a week, well, they got jobs last. You're going to feel stressed, overwhelmed, and burnt out. And that's okay. That's part of it. But on the other side, for 3 months of hard, intense work, you can get a career that is life changing

For the entire journey, you are being supported by your teachers, you have decades of experience between them, and a fantastic job program (called Pathway) that is run alongside the coding. You get prepped for interviews, soft-skills, resume building, workshop, and technical interviews.

They regularly have panels of alumni, and meetups with free food and drinks.
    You'll make friends and it feels good knowing you're all going through the same experience. All of this preparing to launch you into a career of tech.

All in all, if you are looking for a incredible program, amazing teachers, and a staff that wants you to succeed, look no further.

Stay humble, ask questions, push yourself.
    I'm glad I did.
  • Michelle • Graduate

I was in Cohort 0 (very first group) at Tech Elevator Detroit.  The course delivered on its promises.  We have very informative, committed instructors and also enthusiastic and committed leadership, career, and support staff.  I was able to learn the basics of backend development, front end development, and gain access to creating and querying SQL databases.  We also had exposure and practice with common agile methodologies - stand ups, paired programming - and tools - Trello story board.  The team activities and the career events were really the icing on the cake.  The course led to a new career opportunity.  Details like the graduation cereomony and lunch and learns are extremely well executed.  The environment at Tech Town Detroit is just right.

• Corynn Kessack • Software Engineer • Student

My experience with Tech Elevator was absolutely incredible, and I am excited to explain why this was the best personal and professional decision of my life.

My background:  I spent the last 5-6 years out of college working at good companies, but I knew that I wanted more and I wanted to follow my love of technology and find a career that would allow me to focus my time on learning about tech.  I received a non-stem degree in college and I tinkered with hardware as well as taught myself SQL, HTML, and CSS on my own throughout the years.   After getting into tech elevator, I got started on the prework and tried to absorb as much as possible before the program started.  This was a great decision and I recommend future students take advantage of this time as well.  My advice for people coming into TE is to really understand that you will have to block off much of the 3.5 months that this program requires.  I didn’t see a lot of friends for a while, but they understood and encouraged me nevertheless.  It was common for me to come in on Saturdays and I reviewed topics on Sundays as well.

The beginning of the cohort:  The first few days weren’t bad at all!  By the end of the week, I felt the most stressed than I did the entire cohort, as I was adjusting to just how demanding this program was going to be.  After I got past that week, the rest was challenging, but I felt like I knew how to approach it and what to expect.  Tech can be a stressful world, and Tech Elevator helps to prepare you for that through the workload (in addition to providing an unbelievable variety of valuable topics).

Throughout the cohort:  The material is go-go-go, but you will keep up.  Find the best means of studying for you.  There were times that I felt more productive at school, and there were times I preferred to work at home.  Do what works for you.  The mental and emotional hurdles of this program are greater than the work itself, and it’s important to know that everyone feels like they are barely hanging on.  Trust the process and get “comfortable with being uncomfortable”.

End of the cohort:  From midway on, we focused a lot on the job-hunt as well as our regular studies, which could get overwhelming.  Staying organized and pushing through the stress will help you find that job.  Get a few nice interview outfits, and know your vocabulary. :) Matchmaking was a blast, and I prepared constantly for those as well as the on site interviews.  I was lucky enough to have a few job offers before the end of the cohort, and well over half of the cohort had secured jobs as well.

Verdict:  Again, this program was THE best decision of my life.  My income doubled, and I managed to find an incredible company to work for.  As I learned about my new department’s tech stack, I felt relieved that 99% of it had been covered at some point in my TE classroom.  The instructors are the most heartfelt and encouraging people, and the same can be said for Katie, Ben, Laura, and Maddi (the pathway folks).  Don’t be afraid to communicate with them, ask questions, and express what would help you learn or get through this program.  THANK YOU, Tech Elevator, and good luck to future TEers out there!! :)

• HSh • Student

i had the educational support by highly experienced professors and empathetic staff. I had extreme emotional support from the instructors and the pathway program team to keep going and to believe that I can. First four weeks are about learning the basics in java or .net. 2 weeks of sql and the rest are a combination of both. After week 6 we learned about mvc. Then JavaScript, html ,css , vuejs, eventlisteners . Lots of mvc, oop concepts. Strong pathway hiring program. They introduce you to companies in different events like matchmaking and company showcases. Keep going to meetups and brag about the fact that you are a student at the best bootcamp ever.

• Ryan Sutton • Software Developer Associate • Graduate

I was miserable in my old career, stuck in a downward spiral of poverty and failing mental health. Tech Elevator saved me. The basic skillset they taught me prepared me for any entry-level software dev position, but more importantly I now feel that I could learn any new technology or concept within a week's time of study. Tech Elevator saw that I had a job offer before I graduated, and for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to my future. I cannot thank them enough, and I would encourage everyone who was in my position to consider Tech Elevator.

• Therese • Graduate

I decided to come to Tech Elevator after being let go from a graphic design job. I had some experience with HTML and CSS. I was mostly interested in the front end technologies so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with a full stack program but I would have to say that it was worth it.

*If you don't plan on working with other students and asking for help then you aren't going to make it through the program.

The instructors are all very knowledgable and I feel like I have learned so much more than what I could have learned on my own. The paired programing really helped with figuring out topics you may not have understood during lecture and you also get another's point of view. For my cohort we had the same instructor the whole time, and that would be the only unfortunate side to the program. If you have trouble learning from the instructor's style, you pretty much have to learn from your peers or ask the other instructors after lecture to get a different approach. The Java class had the instructors switch halfway through the cohort and I think that would have been helpful with some subjects.

The pathway program really helped in updating LinkedIn and my resume as well as prepared me for the matchmaking interviews. It was a lot of similar general content from career classes from college but it really helped to get it specific to the industry. They also really push you to do all you can to reach out to companies, recruiters, and after interviews to get your foot in the door.

• Jesse Foltz • Application Developer • Student

I walked in to  Tech Elevator after almost a decade of bouncing from job to job and contract to contract barely making ends meet. My post undergrad career was spotty at best. I was constantly bouncing around production art jobs, help desk gigs, and occasional dips into bioplamsa industries. None of which felt rewarding or fuffilling and often times led to being laid off or fired due to budget cuts. I was recommending to Tech Elevator from a friend of mie who had similar struggles. The sticker shock got me at first. But, I assure you the program is well worth it.

Some things to know going in:

• BE prepared to work. This isn't an undergrad program where you can flake off all day and just sorta pass and hope for a job. If that is your mentality, do not go to this bootcamp. If you wanna learn and grow your skills into a new career then this is the place for you.
    • The pathway program put on by the staff is by far one of the most valuable tools this bootcamp provides aspiring developers with. Be sure to go to all of them and pay attention even if you feel you don't need the info. Each session has something you can learn.
    • NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. Your instructors, TE Staff, and classmates will be great assests through out the cohort and after you graduate. Additionally, go to meetups in your city and meet people in the industry. You may very well end up having a beer with the person who will hire you for your next career position.
    • Take the prework seriously and continue beyond Tech Elevator's requirements. The prework they assign is meant to prepare you for week one of the program and get you familiar with what your are doing in the cohort. I recommend going beyond their required prework and study as much as possible, and complete as much of the freecodecamp.com tutorials as possible prior to day 1. It'll give you an edge with the curriculum as well as your future career.
    • ASK FOR HELP. If you get stuck, reachout. Everyone is here for you and wants you to succeed.

And that sums it up. I recommend the Cincinnati Tech Elevator highly. I graduated with a position at a company in Blue Ash, OH. Starting at $56k a year. I couldn't of done it with out Tech Elevator.

• No Regrets
    - 12/20/2019
    Rob • Business Intelligence Developer • Graduate

I was a bit hesitant to leave everything behind and go to the bootcamp at Tech Elevator, but after going through the program my only regret was not doing this sooner. I was able to get a job from the matchmaking process and significantly increase my annual salary.

The instructors were very clear, helpful and patient and the Cohort I went through with were awesome to code with. The projects were useful to build on what we had learned throughout our lessons and the lessons were paced in such a way that you got to keep building on what you already learned previously.

The pathway program included with Tech Elevator was amazing and Jessica helps prepare you for matchmaking and getting you a position in your dream career! Thanks Rita, Jessica, Katie, and David for the amazing experience!

• Maconnell Balderas • Graduate

Tech Elevator is an amazing program to help you learn how to interview, create a resume, learn to become a junior developer and so much more. Before this I had the basic understanding of Java and no clue how to interview correctly or write a good resume. Through this Cohort, I was not only able to get a much greater understanding of Java but I was also able to learn other areas of coding in both frontend and backend. I was also able to greatly improve my interiewing skills and learn how to create an amazing resume. By the end of the Cohort I learned so much, from educational topics to career development skills to even learning that age does not matter here, everyone is in the same boat. It is an amazing experience with amazing people, this program is definitly a must when going into the software field.

• Todd Faulkner • Senior Application Engineer • Graduate

The number one benefit is job placement (and prep for placement). Unparalleled in the industry from everything I have read, heard and seen.

Also, the homework is one of the real strengths of the program.

Finally, the teachers and staff are great.

This programming evolves and adapts quickly to the needs of employers. What someone learned a year ago in the program may be totally different from what students are learning now. Tech Elevator definitely is in touch with the heart beat of industry.

This program is very selective (less that 10% of applicants are admitted), so the quality of people in the program is amazing. I am sure many of my classmates will be friends for life (and perhaps co-workers for life too).

I am a little old-school, so I would have liked some printed material to take with me into my jobs to use as reference. A few more diagrams would have been nice as well, but these are minor issues compared to everything else.

You will not be disappointed with the results.

• 100% Grateful
    - 12/2/2019
    Scout Wallace • Software Developer • Student

I'm just wrapping up my time at the Columbus Tech Elevator and I'm so grateful. This has been an amazing experience. I've learned so much and it's really stepped up my tech abilities. The instructors are fantastic and the curriculum is challenging, thorough, and very relevant. The job assistance (called the Pathway Program) really helped me transition from my previous career to where I'm off to, aiding in job searching and professional identity. It helped connect me with recruiters, tech acquisition managers, and others in the tech field. Tech Elevator ultimately helped to get me to my next job at an amazing company, which I was just offered and accepted.

- 11/15/2019
    Christopher Horwitz • Junior Programmer • Graduate
    14 week intense coding bootcamp that seriously preps it's students to find an entry level job!
  • Tom Nuzzarello • Junior Applications Developer • Student

I started in video and digital media, a career that I loved, but I struggled to make ends meet. So I looked at other career options and found that I had some skill with computers and programming. I took a few programming classes at a community college, and during that time I heard about Tech Elevator through family. Since it seemed like a solid career path which had some synergy with my old path, I decided this was a great way to advance.

I decided to take the .Net track, because I am more familiar with Microsoft software and because I have some previous experience with C++, a predecessor to C#. This was extremely helpful in the early stages which focused on C#. In the later stages, which involved more specialized languages like SQL and CSS, I did not have this head start because I was not experienced with these languages. The instructors were extremely patient and helpful; never at any point did I feel that I was asking a stupid question or being inconvenient, and they were always available to help. And we really needed it sometimes. We were also able to ask for help on side projects, or to discuss things like interviews we’ve had.

The thing that really appealed to me with Tech Elevator was the Pathway program, the career prep side of the school. This was very important to me, considering that my previous career struggled because I didn’t know how to develop it. I would go so far as to say that if it weren’t for the Pathway program, I might not have wanted to go to Tech Elevator at all. And I was very impressed with the results. I feel like I learned more about career development in these 14 weeks than I have learned since I started undergrad in 2010. Interview practice was invaluable, since interviews are (for me at least) the hardest and least enjoyable part of the process. Resume and LinkedIn advice was also extremely helpful.

The Cleveland Campus was excellent, with a kitchen and study area, and the garage space for big meetings and presentations was perfect. The campus was very clean and conveniently located, with some good lunch options only a few blocks from campus (good for me because I sometimes forgot to pack lunch). We also continue to be welcome there after completion of the course, so we can continue to get help looking for jobs after completion of the course and even just for events like game night.

I got my first offer about eight weeks after graduation, an excellent role for a junior developer that I don’t think I would have landed without the help of Tech Elevator. The 14 weeks you will spend here are pretty intense, and you won’t have a lot of free time and certainly won’t be able to work a job at the same time. But if you need the kind of career boost that I got, you can’t go wrong here.

• Great Investment!
    - 10/10/2019
    Brennan • Software Developer Associate(Automation) • Student

I am a recent college grad of '19 that majored in Public Service. Before I joined Tech Elevator, I heard a business owner of one of the largest online Real Estate website/forums say one of his best software engineers completed a coding bootcamp. I've always had an interest in tech but that comment alone was one of the catalyst that convinced me to take the leap and commit to Tech Elevator. It was worth every penny and I am proud to say that I will be beginning my career as a software developer!!

• Amazing Program
    - 9/26/2019
    Josh • Software Engineer • Graduate

I first heard about the existance of coding bootcamps in December of 2018.  I had a couple part time jobs at the time and was interested in finding a full time job, hopefully doing something I liked.  A bootcamp seemed like a quick way to reach that goal, so I started doing a little research.  Tech Elevator caught my attention because of their statistics with job placement and the high ratings previous graduates were giving it on course report.  I decided to take a chance and give it a shot.  I'm glad I did.

The design of this program is absolutely stunning.  If you are willing to work hard and follow the game plan, you will get a job in tech.  By the end you will know enough to be able to get and successfully navigate interviews for tech positions.  The support you will have in finding a job is top notch.  Even after graduation the school will remain invested in helping you secure employment.  There is a long list of companies that are hiring partners.  This alone is incredibly valuable as they are often able to help you get interviews.  The important thing to remember is that you ARE NOT guaranteed a job.  However, the statistics speak for themselves.  If you are willing to do the work, there is a more than 90% probability you will succeed!

As for the course itself... this was the most difficult thing education wise I have ever done in my life.  I found that on average I needed to work 70 hours a week to keep up.  If you are considering doing this, you have to be sure of two things: 1. That you will have the complete support and understanding of your family (and friends).  You will not be available to perform most of your regular household duties.  This can put stress on your spouse if you're married.  Make sure they understand what they are in for.  Your friends may get irritated with your near complete lack of availability.  Prepare everyone for your absense in advance and get them on board. 2. Be sure you want to do this.  It's called bootcamp for a reason.  If you are not completely invested in getting through it so that you can have a better career and a better life, you won't make it.  This is not something that can be faked or done with half effort the way you handled most of your college classes.

Being on the other side of it now, it's stunning how much I was able to learn in such a short period of time.  Even more stunning is that I finally have a real career, one with a future.  I am so thankful that this program exists.  If you are sure you want to go to a bootcamp, this is the one to choose.

• Noah Myers • Junior Fullstack Engineer • Graduate

TLDR: Tech Elevator is fast, intense, fun, and teaches you a lot if you let it. John is a great instructor. The pathway program is worth the effort, especially matchmaking. And external capstones are the way to go.

Tech Elevator was exactly the kind of program I needed to push myself in the direction I wanted. It allowed me to transition my life to somewhere I actually wanted to be after having stopped my studies in mechanical engineering due to disinterest and finding myself working seasonal manual labor jobs. With my previous educational experience I knew I wanted to work with technology, especially code, and that I needed something fast paced and intense out of a program. After going to an open house early in the year I felt that this program would be a prefect fit for what I was lookin for.

With a fair background in engineering prior to the start of this program I was worried that I would find myself bored throughout it since I had a good mindset and some cursory coding experience, and that could have easily been true but they made sure to let us know in the beginning that what you put in is what you get out. So I found myself jumping down every rabbit hole that John opened up, his teaching style kept me engaged and allowed me to feel like no only was I learning but that I was really understanding the material. This gave me the opportunity to help the other people in my cohort when I could helping me to learn more too. Additionally the pair and group work really helped me to learn not only coding but how to work with a variety of different people, from different backgrounds, with different levels of understanding, and different goals.

Now on to everyones least favorite part during the program and favorite after, the pathway portion. This part of the program was immensely helpful so long as you let it be. This was where they would help us get exposure to various types of tech companies, they would teach us about interviewing in the industry they would help us craft our resumes and LinkedIns, and more. The part that everyone always raves about is the matchmaking days, in which they set students up with quick in person interviews with companies who are looking to bring in new people from Tech Elevator. This is truly a part of the program which sets it apart, as it allows their students to be in a premium position to talk with people who are looking to hire someone like them. I know this part of the program was great for me as I type this after two weeks working for a company I met through matchmaking and honestly might have made the mistake of overlooking otherwise.

Last but not least, the final capstone projects. I chose to work on a capstone which involved an outside company, and that was an amazing choice. Doing so allowed me to work with others in the cohort who were passionate about a similar topic to deliver a product that people might actually use! Getting to work with an actual company who has real use cases and legitimate desires from a product was a priceless experience for someone to get before even making it into the industry and I would wholeheartedly recommend doing an external capstone if one sounds remotely interesting.

All told I thoroughly enjoyed the program, got stacks of knowledge, heaps of friends, and ultimately a job which I really enjoy.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

88% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 11% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 47 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 2% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Tech Elevator CIRR Report here