tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator is an immersive 14-week coding bootcamp with tracks in Java and .NET. Their mission is to elevate people, companies, and communities. Students will learn from instructors who have an average of 20 years of experience working in the field and will gain an understanding of the foundational computer science concepts and theory necessary for a professional software developer, with special emphasis on practical application, techniques, and tools. Students in both the Java and .NET tracks will also learn client-side web programming including Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON. In the .NET track, students will also be exposed to C#. For the final capstone project, students will work together on a business project, building a fully-functional app using either Java or .NET.

In addition to the classroom hours, students will get 20+ hours of career sessions through the Pathway Program™, which focuses on developing soft skills and connecting you to the right companies through events like Employer Matchmaking. Career coaches and mentors will help with resume building, interview coaching, strengths assessment and more. The team will work with students from the start of the program to ensure they don't just get a job as a programmer, but that they are on a fulfilling, rewarding career path.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (198) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (34) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Java
    Start Date January 27, 2020
    LocationPhiladelphia, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in Java, Serverside programming in Java, Database programming in Java, Java frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    Prep Work30-40 hrs
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS
    Start Date May 11, 2020
    LocationDetroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in C#/.NET, Serverside programming in C#/.NET, Database programming in C#/.NET, C#/.NET frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    Financing available through Sallie Mae or SkillsFund
    May 11, 2020 - Detroit
    September 14, 2020 - Detroit

• Keith Williams  User Photo
    Keith Williams • Associate Consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Tech Elevator was absolutely a critical turning point for me. After a layoff and being uninterested in pursuing my previous career path I knew I needed to do something different, something more fulfilling and rewarding. I came across Tech Elevator and the rest is history.

I went from absolutely no previous experience in technology( I come from an arts background) to landing my first job in tech prior to graduation. The work was hard and at times I wanted to quit but the staff, instructors, and my classmates were very helpful and encouraging. I have 5 children ( 6 month old twins at the time) but with the proper support system I learned programming and was able to create a really cool web based application along two other students. Not only this, but the professional development aspect, which is a part of the program is really want helps you land a job. They are extremely committed to creating opportunity for the people of the program in every way possible.

Like the saying goes, you get out what you put in. I put in a lot of hard work and long hours to learn coding and how to build applications. At my job there is more learning and training, the journey never ends. None of the journey would be possible if I had not decided to take a risk, change directions, put my head down, work hard and if Tech Elevator did not have such an incredible program to help my achieve my goals. Thank you all so much, my future will be totally different than what it would have been!

For anyone reading this review, like I did a few months ago, I realize they are very critical to making a decision. It's not a cookie cutter, walk in the park situation. You will WORK very hard to learn these concepts but in the end it's all worth it, I would gladly do it again.

• Tyler  User Photo
    Tyler • Applications Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The whole point of this program is simple, they teach you the skills needed to succeed as an application developer in the real world. Casey is an amazing instructor who never hesitates to take advantage of a teaching moment. You'll learn how to build a web app from front end to back end and everything in between. The course is very demanding but you will be rewarded with the skill set to succeed.

The main selling point for Tech Elevator will be the job placement. Katie and the team will do wonders that will surprise you. They bring companies in to buy lunch for you just in hopes you will apply with their company. There's also a meeting every week about how to improve your career and manage it after the course and for years to come. They teach you how to be a professional in the workplace and what to expect when you get into your first job.

• Research
    - 1/16/2017
    Ryan Sapp  User Photo
    Ryan Sapp • Cybersecurity Anaylst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Having started an education company in college I was very skeptical of anything in higher ed (especially for-profits). I knew a lot of the ins and outs of for-profit Universities having had some of them as my venture capitalist, so when I started looking into bootcamps in Columbus I did a lot of research and questioned everything. I knew there has been a lot of bad actors out there in the for-profit model, so I did my research and encourage you to as well. With the bootcamp concept being relatively new and the government generally being behind in regulations, inevitably there is going to be some pump dump quick profit players.  I went to several open houses, looked at LinkedIn profile success, talked with people, and even read reviews here. I knew it was important to go with the best of breed in the industry to truly learn, get the job support, and create the network needed to revamp my career. The last thing I wanted was to be one of the news stories about how I thought I would get a career and all I did was build up more debt.

I found the best of breed of coding bootcamps in Tech Elevator. Their model depends on your success! If their students do not do well it hurts them long-term and you can sense that, so the motivation is aligned. Casey, Katie, and everyone else at Tech Elevator are awesome. I could not be happier. I now have a cybersecurity role where I work for AEP, Battelle, L brands, Huntington, Cardinal Health, Ohio Health, and Nationwide. I get to work for the best and brightest companies of Columbus now doing what I love. Tech Elevator changed my life and I could not have done it without them.

It was not easy, and honestly it can't be. There is a lot to learn no matter what you say. This is also why Tech Elevator won't accept just anyone with a check. They want their students to succeed and only select students they see the most potential in. I can guarantee you if this is what you truly are interested in and you have the drive, it is well worth the investment. The only downside was that I had to quit my job in order to do the bootcamp, but to be honest, I do not see how other models work if you are not truly immersed.

• Luke • Software Developer • Graduate
    It took me over a year to build up the courage from researching coding bootcamps, to find myself in a chair at one of Tech Elevator's Open Houses. Throughout that evening it quickly became clear to me that I had to join this program.
    I did, and it's changed my life. If you find yourself in a similar position, hopefully this will help.

I came from a background of NO college and NO prior coding experience, but I knew I loved technology and solving problems. During that open house (which I HIGHLY recommend you attend) hearing the passion from the staff, the teachers, and their commitment to help you succeed really inspired me. The #1 thing that made it click for me, was the fact that Tech Elevator voluntarily gets audited yearly. You can see the amount of job offers AND the salary brackets of those offers of past students, they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, they aren't making any crazy guarantees like some other programs, you get to see yourself the results for yourself. You can have confidence that when they talk placement rates, it's based of data, and not some crazy marketing plan.

I know what you're thinking; quitting your job PLUS a high cost of entry for the program? That can seem very intimidating, but the result is well worth it in my opinion.

I cannot stress this enough: you will get out what you put in the program.
    I had some classmates that, when it was job hunting time, only put in 1 resume a week, others were putting 10. The ones that only put a single resume out a week, well, they got jobs last. You're going to feel stressed, overwhelmed, and burnt out. And that's okay. That's part of it. But on the other side, for 3 months of hard, intense work, you can get a career that is life changing

For the entire journey, you are being supported by your teachers, you have decades of experience between them, and a fantastic job program (called Pathway) that is run alongside the coding. You get prepped for interviews, soft-skills, resume building, workshop, and technical interviews.

They regularly have panels of alumni, and meetups with free food and drinks.
    You'll make friends and it feels good knowing you're all going through the same experience. All of this preparing to launch you into a career of tech.

All in all, if you are looking for a incredible program, amazing teachers, and a staff that wants you to succeed, look no further.

Stay humble, ask questions, push yourself.
    I'm glad I did.
  • Michelle • Graduate

I was in Cohort 0 (very first group) at Tech Elevator Detroit.  The course delivered on its promises.  We have very informative, committed instructors and also enthusiastic and committed leadership, career, and support staff.  I was able to learn the basics of backend development, front end development, and gain access to creating and querying SQL databases.  We also had exposure and practice with common agile methodologies - stand ups, paired programming - and tools - Trello story board.  The team activities and the career events were really the icing on the cake.  The course led to a new career opportunity.  Details like the graduation cereomony and lunch and learns are extremely well executed.  The environment at Tech Town Detroit is just right.

• Corynn Kessack • Software Engineer • Student

My experience with Tech Elevator was absolutely incredible, and I am excited to explain why this was the best personal and professional decision of my life.

My background:  I spent the last 5-6 years out of college working at good companies, but I knew that I wanted more and I wanted to follow my love of technology and find a career that would allow me to focus my time on learning about tech.  I received a non-stem degree in college and I tinkered with hardware as well as taught myself SQL, HTML, and CSS on my own throughout the years.   After getting into tech elevator, I got started on the prework and tried to absorb as much as possible before the program started.  This was a great decision and I recommend future students take advantage of this time as well.  My advice for people coming into TE is to really understand that you will have to block off much of the 3.5 months that this program requires.  I didn’t see a lot of friends for a while, but they understood and encouraged me nevertheless.  It was common for me to come in on Saturdays and I reviewed topics on Sundays as well.

The beginning of the cohort:  The first few days weren’t bad at all!  By the end of the week, I felt the most stressed than I did the entire cohort, as I was adjusting to just how demanding this program was going to be.  After I got past that week, the rest was challenging, but I felt like I knew how to approach it and what to expect.  Tech can be a stressful world, and Tech Elevator helps to prepare you for that through the workload (in addition to providing an unbelievable variety of valuable topics).

Throughout the cohort:  The material is go-go-go, but you will keep up.  Find the best means of studying for you.  There were times that I felt more productive at school, and there were times I preferred to work at home.  Do what works for you.  The mental and emotional hurdles of this program are greater than the work itself, and it’s important to know that everyone feels like they are barely hanging on.  Trust the process and get “comfortable with being uncomfortable”.

End of the cohort:  From midway on, we focused a lot on the job-hunt as well as our regular studies, which could get overwhelming.  Staying organized and pushing through the stress will help you find that job.  Get a few nice interview outfits, and know your vocabulary. :) Matchmaking was a blast, and I prepared constantly for those as well as the on site interviews.  I was lucky enough to have a few job offers before the end of the cohort, and well over half of the cohort had secured jobs as well.

Verdict:  Again, this program was THE best decision of my life.  My income doubled, and I managed to find an incredible company to work for.  As I learned about my new department’s tech stack, I felt relieved that 99% of it had been covered at some point in my TE classroom.  The instructors are the most heartfelt and encouraging people, and the same can be said for Katie, Ben, Laura, and Maddi (the pathway folks).  Don’t be afraid to communicate with them, ask questions, and express what would help you learn or get through this program.  THANK YOU, Tech Elevator, and good luck to future TEers out there!! :)

• HSh • Student

i had the educational support by highly experienced professors and empathetic staff. I had extreme emotional support from the instructors and the pathway program team to keep going and to believe that I can. First four weeks are about learning the basics in java or .net. 2 weeks of sql and the rest are a combination of both. After week 6 we learned about mvc. Then JavaScript, html ,css , vuejs, eventlisteners . Lots of mvc, oop concepts. Strong pathway hiring program. They introduce you to companies in different events like matchmaking and company showcases. Keep going to meetups and brag about the fact that you are a student at the best bootcamp ever.

• Ryan Sutton • Software Developer Associate • Graduate

I was miserable in my old career, stuck in a downward spiral of poverty and failing mental health. Tech Elevator saved me. The basic skillset they taught me prepared me for any entry-level software dev position, but more importantly I now feel that I could learn any new technology or concept within a week's time of study. Tech Elevator saw that I had a job offer before I graduated, and for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to my future. I cannot thank them enough, and I would encourage everyone who was in my position to consider Tech Elevator.

• Therese • Graduate

I decided to come to Tech Elevator after being let go from a graphic design job. I had some experience with HTML and CSS. I was mostly interested in the front end technologies so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with a full stack program but I would have to say that it was worth it.

*If you don't plan on working with other students and asking for help then you aren't going to make it through the program.

The instructors are all very knowledgable and I feel like I have learned so much more than what I could have learned on my own. The paired programing really helped with figuring out topics you may not have understood during lecture and you also get another's point of view. For my cohort we had the same instructor the whole time, and that would be the only unfortunate side to the program. If you have trouble learning from the instructor's style, you pretty much have to learn from your peers or ask the other instructors after lecture to get a different approach. The Java class had the instructors switch halfway through the cohort and I think that would have been helpful with some subjects.

The pathway program really helped in updating LinkedIn and my resume as well as prepared me for the matchmaking interviews. It was a lot of similar general content from career classes from college but it really helped to get it specific to the industry. They also really push you to do all you can to reach out to companies, recruiters, and after interviews to get your foot in the door.

• Jesse Foltz • Application Developer • Student

I walked in to  Tech Elevator after almost a decade of bouncing from job to job and contract to contract barely making ends meet. My post undergrad career was spotty at best. I was constantly bouncing around production art jobs, help desk gigs, and occasional dips into bioplamsa industries. None of which felt rewarding or fuffilling and often times led to being laid off or fired due to budget cuts. I was recommending to Tech Elevator from a friend of mie who had similar struggles. The sticker shock got me at first. But, I assure you the program is well worth it.

Some things to know going in:

• BE prepared to work. This isn't an undergrad program where you can flake off all day and just sorta pass and hope for a job. If that is your mentality, do not go to this bootcamp. If you wanna learn and grow your skills into a new career then this is the place for you.
    • The pathway program put on by the staff is by far one of the most valuable tools this bootcamp provides aspiring developers with. Be sure to go to all of them and pay attention even if you feel you don't need the info. Each session has something you can learn.
    • NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. Your instructors, TE Staff, and classmates will be great assests through out the cohort and after you graduate. Additionally, go to meetups in your city and meet people in the industry. You may very well end up having a beer with the person who will hire you for your next career position.
    • Take the prework seriously and continue beyond Tech Elevator's requirements. The prework they assign is meant to prepare you for week one of the program and get you familiar with what your are doing in the cohort. I recommend going beyond their required prework and study as much as possible, and complete as much of the freecodecamp.com tutorials as possible prior to day 1. It'll give you an edge with the curriculum as well as your future career.
    • ASK FOR HELP. If you get stuck, reachout. Everyone is here for you and wants you to succeed.

And that sums it up. I recommend the Cincinnati Tech Elevator highly. I graduated with a position at a company in Blue Ash, OH. Starting at $56k a year. I couldn't of done it with out Tech Elevator.

• No Regrets
    - 12/20/2019
    Rob • Business Intelligence Developer • Graduate

I was a bit hesitant to leave everything behind and go to the bootcamp at Tech Elevator, but after going through the program my only regret was not doing this sooner. I was able to get a job from the matchmaking process and significantly increase my annual salary.

The instructors were very clear, helpful and patient and the Cohort I went through with were awesome to code with. The projects were useful to build on what we had learned throughout our lessons and the lessons were paced in such a way that you got to keep building on what you already learned previously.

The pathway program included with Tech Elevator was amazing and Jessica helps prepare you for matchmaking and getting you a position in your dream career! Thanks Rita, Jessica, Katie, and David for the amazing experience!

• Maconnell Balderas • Graduate

Tech Elevator is an amazing program to help you learn how to interview, create a resume, learn to become a junior developer and so much more. Before this I had the basic understanding of Java and no clue how to interview correctly or write a good resume. Through this Cohort, I was not only able to get a much greater understanding of Java but I was also able to learn other areas of coding in both frontend and backend. I was also able to greatly improve my interiewing skills and learn how to create an amazing resume. By the end of the Cohort I learned so much, from educational topics to career development skills to even learning that age does not matter here, everyone is in the same boat. It is an amazing experience with amazing people, this program is definitly a must when going into the software field.

• Todd Faulkner • Senior Application Engineer • Graduate

The number one benefit is job placement (and prep for placement). Unparalleled in the industry from everything I have read, heard and seen.

Also, the homework is one of the real strengths of the program.

Finally, the teachers and staff are great.

This programming evolves and adapts quickly to the needs of employers. What someone learned a year ago in the program may be totally different from what students are learning now. Tech Elevator definitely is in touch with the heart beat of industry.

This program is very selective (less that 10% of applicants are admitted), so the quality of people in the program is amazing. I am sure many of my classmates will be friends for life (and perhaps co-workers for life too).

I am a little old-school, so I would have liked some printed material to take with me into my jobs to use as reference. A few more diagrams would have been nice as well, but these are minor issues compared to everything else.

You will not be disappointed with the results.

• 100% Grateful
    - 12/2/2019
    Scout Wallace • Software Developer • Student

I'm just wrapping up my time at the Columbus Tech Elevator and I'm so grateful. This has been an amazing experience. I've learned so much and it's really stepped up my tech abilities. The instructors are fantastic and the curriculum is challenging, thorough, and very relevant. The job assistance (called the Pathway Program) really helped me transition from my previous career to where I'm off to, aiding in job searching and professional identity. It helped connect me with recruiters, tech acquisition managers, and others in the tech field. Tech Elevator ultimately helped to get me to my next job at an amazing company, which I was just offered and accepted.

- 11/15/2019
    Christopher Horwitz • Junior Programmer • Graduate
    14 week intense coding bootcamp that seriously preps it's students to find an entry level job!
  • Tom Nuzzarello • Junior Applications Developer • Student

I started in video and digital media, a career that I loved, but I struggled to make ends meet. So I looked at other career options and found that I had some skill with computers and programming. I took a few programming classes at a community college, and during that time I heard about Tech Elevator through family. Since it seemed like a solid career path which had some synergy with my old path, I decided this was a great way to advance.

I decided to take the .Net track, because I am more familiar with Microsoft software and because I have some previous experience with C++, a predecessor to C#. This was extremely helpful in the early stages which focused on C#. In the later stages, which involved more specialized languages like SQL and CSS, I did not have this head start because I was not experienced with these languages. The instructors were extremely patient and helpful; never at any point did I feel that I was asking a stupid question or being inconvenient, and they were always available to help. And we really needed it sometimes. We were also able to ask for help on side projects, or to discuss things like interviews we’ve had.

The thing that really appealed to me with Tech Elevator was the Pathway program, the career prep side of the school. This was very important to me, considering that my previous career struggled because I didn’t know how to develop it. I would go so far as to say that if it weren’t for the Pathway program, I might not have wanted to go to Tech Elevator at all. And I was very impressed with the results. I feel like I learned more about career development in these 14 weeks than I have learned since I started undergrad in 2010. Interview practice was invaluable, since interviews are (for me at least) the hardest and least enjoyable part of the process. Resume and LinkedIn advice was also extremely helpful.

The Cleveland Campus was excellent, with a kitchen and study area, and the garage space for big meetings and presentations was perfect. The campus was very clean and conveniently located, with some good lunch options only a few blocks from campus (good for me because I sometimes forgot to pack lunch). We also continue to be welcome there after completion of the course, so we can continue to get help looking for jobs after completion of the course and even just for events like game night.

I got my first offer about eight weeks after graduation, an excellent role for a junior developer that I don’t think I would have landed without the help of Tech Elevator. The 14 weeks you will spend here are pretty intense, and you won’t have a lot of free time and certainly won’t be able to work a job at the same time. But if you need the kind of career boost that I got, you can’t go wrong here.

• Great Investment!
    - 10/10/2019
    Brennan • Software Developer Associate(Automation) • Student

I am a recent college grad of '19 that majored in Public Service. Before I joined Tech Elevator, I heard a business owner of one of the largest online Real Estate website/forums say one of his best software engineers completed a coding bootcamp. I've always had an interest in tech but that comment alone was one of the catalyst that convinced me to take the leap and commit to Tech Elevator. It was worth every penny and I am proud to say that I will be beginning my career as a software developer!!

• Amazing Program
    - 9/26/2019
    Josh • Software Engineer • Graduate

I first heard about the existance of coding bootcamps in December of 2018.  I had a couple part time jobs at the time and was interested in finding a full time job, hopefully doing something I liked.  A bootcamp seemed like a quick way to reach that goal, so I started doing a little research.  Tech Elevator caught my attention because of their statistics with job placement and the high ratings previous graduates were giving it on course report.  I decided to take a chance and give it a shot.  I'm glad I did.

The design of this program is absolutely stunning.  If you are willing to work hard and follow the game plan, you will get a job in tech.  By the end you will know enough to be able to get and successfully navigate interviews for tech positions.  The support you will have in finding a job is top notch.  Even after graduation the school will remain invested in helping you secure employment.  There is a long list of companies that are hiring partners.  This alone is incredibly valuable as they are often able to help you get interviews.  The important thing to remember is that you ARE NOT guaranteed a job.  However, the statistics speak for themselves.  If you are willing to do the work, there is a more than 90% probability you will succeed!

As for the course itself... this was the most difficult thing education wise I have ever done in my life.  I found that on average I needed to work 70 hours a week to keep up.  If you are considering doing this, you have to be sure of two things: 1. That you will have the complete support and understanding of your family (and friends).  You will not be available to perform most of your regular household duties.  This can put stress on your spouse if you're married.  Make sure they understand what they are in for.  Your friends may get irritated with your near complete lack of availability.  Prepare everyone for your absense in advance and get them on board. 2. Be sure you want to do this.  It's called bootcamp for a reason.  If you are not completely invested in getting through it so that you can have a better career and a better life, you won't make it.  This is not something that can be faked or done with half effort the way you handled most of your college classes.

Being on the other side of it now, it's stunning how much I was able to learn in such a short period of time.  Even more stunning is that I finally have a real career, one with a future.  I am so thankful that this program exists.  If you are sure you want to go to a bootcamp, this is the one to choose.

• Noah Myers • Junior Fullstack Engineer • Graduate

TLDR: Tech Elevator is fast, intense, fun, and teaches you a lot if you let it. John is a great instructor. The pathway program is worth the effort, especially matchmaking. And external capstones are the way to go.

Tech Elevator was exactly the kind of program I needed to push myself in the direction I wanted. It allowed me to transition my life to somewhere I actually wanted to be after having stopped my studies in mechanical engineering due to disinterest and finding myself working seasonal manual labor jobs. With my previous educational experience I knew I wanted to work with technology, especially code, and that I needed something fast paced and intense out of a program. After going to an open house early in the year I felt that this program would be a prefect fit for what I was lookin for.

With a fair background in engineering prior to the start of this program I was worried that I would find myself bored throughout it since I had a good mindset and some cursory coding experience, and that could have easily been true but they made sure to let us know in the beginning that what you put in is what you get out. So I found myself jumping down every rabbit hole that John opened up, his teaching style kept me engaged and allowed me to feel like no only was I learning but that I was really understanding the material. This gave me the opportunity to help the other people in my cohort when I could helping me to learn more too. Additionally the pair and group work really helped me to learn not only coding but how to work with a variety of different people, from different backgrounds, with different levels of understanding, and different goals.

Now on to everyones least favorite part during the program and favorite after, the pathway portion. This part of the program was immensely helpful so long as you let it be. This was where they would help us get exposure to various types of tech companies, they would teach us about interviewing in the industry they would help us craft our resumes and LinkedIns, and more. The part that everyone always raves about is the matchmaking days, in which they set students up with quick in person interviews with companies who are looking to bring in new people from Tech Elevator. This is truly a part of the program which sets it apart, as it allows their students to be in a premium position to talk with people who are looking to hire someone like them. I know this part of the program was great for me as I type this after two weeks working for a company I met through matchmaking and honestly might have made the mistake of overlooking otherwise.

Last but not least, the final capstone projects. I chose to work on a capstone which involved an outside company, and that was an amazing choice. Doing so allowed me to work with others in the cohort who were passionate about a similar topic to deliver a product that people might actually use! Getting to work with an actual company who has real use cases and legitimate desires from a product was a priceless experience for someone to get before even making it into the industry and I would wholeheartedly recommend doing an external capstone if one sounds remotely interesting.

All told I thoroughly enjoyed the program, got stacks of knowledge, heaps of friends, and ultimately a job which I really enjoy.

• Bobby Galinas • Software Developer • Graduate

With Tech Elevator's extensive academic and professional support I was able to achieve the exact goal that I had hoped to achieve when entering the program. Tech Elevator provides a challenging and valuable technical curriculum, experienced and generous instructors, and a robust career planning service. If you are willing to commit yourself to Tech Elevator's curriculum you will take relevant skills into your first job in the IT field.

The school's course work did an admirable job at providing me with the fundamental skills I need to develop web based applications. I was exposed to front-end and back-end principles in units that varied in coverage time. Each unit was supported with individual and pairs exercises. Many of the topics that I worked on at Tech Elevator are important to the work that I do as a professional software developer. That being said, I do believe the coursework would be much less effective without proper instruction.

The techincal instructors at Tech Elevator are excellent. Each techincal instructor is whip smart, but something that I feel is equally important is how willing the instructors are to help. It is a great feeling to approach an instructor with a (seemingly) cryptic problem and see that they are genuienly excited to help you solve it. I have not met a group of people who are so highly expreienced but are still able to make a novice coder feel like a colleague. This enthusiasm and experience level carries over to the Pathway Program professionals.

I have graduated from two collegiate institutions, and I have never experienced the level of energy or aid that Tech Elevator's Pathway Program professionals exude. I was almost constantly exposed to corporations in the area that were actively hiring for various IT roles. I had a large number of interviews that took place on Tech Elevator's campus that were arranged by the Pathway Program. Each professional was avaliable nearly all the time to help with anything from document review to in-person interview preperation. I believe that the Pathway Program is unmatched. With all of that said, your success in the program will depend largely on the effort that you put in.

If you have seriously thought about starting a career in the IT field, and you are ready to commit yourself to learning Tech Elevator is a peerless option. The program provides you with vast resources, but it is almost entirely on you to exploit those resources. I recommend attempting to enroll if you are ready to work hard because this is a place where hard work seems to pay off.

• Justin Gompers • Web Developer • Graduate
    Before attending Tech Elevator I was working as a Chef for the past 10 years. I had some experience with coding but really wanted to further my knowledge and dive into a new field of work. After hearing stories of the school I decided to go to a open house, learn more about the school, and the curriculum they taught. I was hooked after that moment and after I finished my first day I knew I made the right choice. I was taught by Tom Anderson (.NET professor) who had decades of experience working in the field. The lessons he taught were easy to follow along with but also were laid out to cover all the bases needed to work in this industry. This is not an easy pass to get a new job though, I had to spend hours doing extra work and practicing on my own with personal projects to get better. In the end I felt like I learned more than enough to do the job I am working today. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is willing to put in the time to change.
  • Dan • Graduate

Tech Elevator is an amazing program for those looking for a career change! In 14 weeks I went from almost knowing nothing about coding to getting a job offer for a junior software developer position.

The best part of Tech Elevator in my opinion was their Pathyway Program, which helps with career prep. From building your resume to mock interviews, they are with you every step of the way to help prepare you to do well interviewing. And maybe most importantly, Tech Elevator does a lot of work to build relationships with companies in your city who are in need of developers, which is huge to get a foot in the door with their hiring network.

The instructors do a good job of teaching you during lecture every day, but it's up to you to do the homework well and go above and beyond to learn things that might not have been covered completely. The capstones in particular (of which there are four) were really helpful in solidifying concepts and things we had learned at the end of each module. At the end of the day, it is still just 14 weeks, so there's so much more to learn and at times I felt unprepared for technical interviews, but you should know enough at the end to get a job and show any employer your motivation and ability to learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Overall, I had a really great experience at Tech Elevator and would recommend it to anyone who had the ability and interest in coding. It was scary to quit my previous job and write out those big tuition checks, but it was totally worth it.

• Complete 180.
    - 9/1/2019
    Mel B • Software Engineer • Graduate

​I weighed my options of bootcamps between online, AcademyPGH and TechElevator, and TE won out pretty quickly. During the open house information session that I went to, many of my questions were answers, and my worries eased. The graduation and employment percentage and the salary outcome were all promising to me, and so I was convinced of the numbers-related proof that the program works, but I needed more. I spoke with instructors and TE alumni, and "Trust the Process" echoed throughout the room. It's a big deal to take a leap of faith on something where people say "trust it", but honestly? I got a solid vibe from the place. Call it a gut feeling.

Before the bootcamp, I used to be a Kitchen Manager, and for the last 11 years, I worked in customer and food service. I hadn't had any preparation for the professional world, and even with a B.A. and solid soft skills, I couldn't get out of that system. That's why I chose Tech Elevator. They have a stellar reputation that is iteratively building positively over time through tangible results. It's a clean slate, a new start, and a second chance.

Professionally, the Pathway Program and advice from the instructors helped me a ton. They gave me advice on how to answer certain questions, how to conduct myself, and what the tech world is really like. My Pathway instructor was serious about helping me get to the next level in my professional life and even took time late into the night to talk me through problems and questions I had related to presenting myself professionally. I spent SO much time with the instructors so that I could have a solid understanding of the core concepts of development, and they were there for me every time that I needed them.

If you decide to do this program, make sure that you tell your friends and family that this is serious. The more seriously and professionally that you treat the program, the more you'll get out of it. I pretty much only hung out with TE people and spent most of my time there (except for sleeping) for a good chunk of the time, and I was able to absorb information much more fully than if I was only checked in at certain "required" times.

Related to coding skills, I feel that I have a good, general knowledge of how to approach learning any new language, and a strong base in C# and SSMS. If you create a solid knowledge base, picking up different languages and processes isn't as daunting as opposed to if you were walking in blindly.

I was able to meet and converse with professionals in the tech industry that I otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to meet through matchmaking and networking events, made visible and possible by TechElevator.

I wouldn't have the title, Software Engineer, and the chance for a new life if it weren't for TechElevator. This program gave me the opportunity to become the person that I want to be, and for that I am eternally grateful.

• Room for Change
    - 8/17/2019
    Joseph Ambrose • Software Developer I • Graduate

When I signed up for Tech Elevator, I was skeptical. In terms of “ There’s no way, they can make me a programmer.”. Sure enough I was wrong. There instructors and staff were all helpful. You have to put the work in and trust the process. There were times were “I didn’t get it”. Remember that’s common when it comes to a entirely new subject. If I can rewrite my college history, I would choose Tech Elevator over my college education because they truly make you successful for your future

• Java Bootcamp
    - 8/16/2019
    Ipsita • Graduate

Best Curriculum!!! Best Mentors!!! Wow Jobs!!! Its worth it !!! Its one of the best decisions I ever took in my life. Being from a foreign land, struggling for a job I must say Tech Elevator has really stood out as a bridge to my career gap. It has not only given me the knowledge I required for my career growth but also provided me immense amount of confidence, friends and mentors no less than a family who still care about my work life and overall I grew as a strong individual. Great experience!!!

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.