tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator is an immersive 14-week coding bootcamp with tracks in Java and .NET. Their mission is to elevate people, companies, and communities. Students will learn from instructors who have an average of 20 years of experience working in the field and will gain an understanding of the foundational computer science concepts and theory necessary for a professional software developer, with special emphasis on practical application, techniques, and tools. Students in both the Java and .NET tracks will also learn client-side web programming including Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON. In the .NET track, students will also be exposed to C#. For the final capstone project, students will work together on a business project, building a fully-functional app using either Java or .NET.

In addition to the classroom hours, students will get 20+ hours of career sessions through the Pathway Program™, which focuses on developing soft skills and connecting you to the right companies through events like Employer Matchmaking. Career coaches and mentors will help with resume building, interview coaching, strengths assessment and more. The team will work with students from the start of the program to ensure they don't just get a job as a programmer, but that they are on a fulfilling, rewarding career path.

Tech Elevator also offers intermediate-level training sessions for technology teams in topics like Javascript, Docker and Data Science which can be customized to company needs.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (160) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (34) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Java
    January 13, 2020
    Philadelphia, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Detroit
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in Java, Serverside programming in Java, Database programming in Java, Java frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    $125
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL, jQuery, CSS
    January 13, 2020
    Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Detroit
    Course topics include: Introduction to programming in C#/.NET, Serverside programming in C#/.NET, Database programming in C#/.NET, C#/.NET frameworks and design patterns and Client side web programming (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, Web services, XML, JSON).
    $125

• Leap of faith
    - 5/12/2017
    Andrew Jaros  User Photo
    Andrew Jaros • .Net Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I’ll start by saying that this was the best professional decision I’ve ever made in my life. I was hired as a .Net Developer two weeks prior to graduation and started working the Monday after. While I won’t reveal my exact salary, I nearly doubled what I was earning prior (and no, I was not working at minimum wage). I’ve had plenty of highs and lows at companies prior so I just want to start by providing some background information on my journey.

Background:

I graduated from high school in 2005 and went to college for one year before dropping out. I took five years off, working odd jobs before returning to finish with B.A. in Political Science. Afterward, I moved to Ohio and worked on several statewide political campaigns, in the state legislature as an aide, and on a U.S. Senate race. The schedule was exhausting, the pay was low, and my morale after so many losses was even lower. I was at a crossroads in my life.

I always had a knack for working with computers but no real programming experience outside of my love of spreadsheets (if you would even consider that programming). During the last campaign, I was assessing an issue with one our routers when a coworker offhandedly asked me why I wasn’t doing this (IT) for a living. I was taken aback by the comment because I just had never seriously considered it. A lot of it had to do with how I decided to pursue political science, not computer science, while in college. The thought stayed with me for days. I browsed Indeed & Monster for IT jobs but was bummed that I just didn’t think I would have any way of figuring out all of the required technologies on my own. There’s a lot to know even for an entry-level job!

So after the 2016 election, my job ended and I was looking for the next thing. I was talking with a friend who works in the tech industry and he recommended I check out coding boot camps and specifically mentioned Tech Elevator. He said that his company had hired from there and that they look for boot camp graduates specifically.

Admittedly, I was nervous. I was tens of thousands of dollars in debt from student loans, car loans, credit cards, random life events, etc. The price tag seemed too high. If it didn’t work out, I don’t know if I would have been able to recover. But I knew that if I stayed in politics, I would be in the same position that I was the year before: overworked, underpaid, and worse – unsatisfied. I was going to have to take out a private loan for the course. Luckily, because my previous job had ended, I was able to stay collect unemployment compensation while taking this course (it’s considered workforce re-entry training). Was it a scam? A money grab? I deliberated for a couple weeks then I did it:

I took a leap of faith.

My time at Tech Elevator:

If you apply for this program with the expectation that it’s going to be easy, don’t even bother. For the entirety of the 14-week program, I was completely consumed in code. Any semblance of free time on nights and weekends was gone, but I was okay with it! I wanted to learn more and grow my skills as much as I could. My instructor John is a bright, passionate, hilarious person. He seemed to be available pretty much any hour of the day when I had a question for him (sorry John’s family). He was patient with students and put in the time to work individually when anyone needed it. I cannot speak higher of John’s knowledge of .Net and his desire to teach others.

As for other staff at Tech Elevator, Katie was every student’s career guidance counselor / guardian angel. She would go out of her way to get students focused on the bigger picture (i.e. finding a job) and would go to bat for us if we felt like we were in a tough spot with an employer.

Around the time employer match-making ended, a recruiting company reached out to me via LinkedIn about a potential opportunity. In my previous career, anyone reaching out like made me suspicious but in technology, that’s par for the course. The field is so in-demand right now! I had to complete 4 separate interviews (3 with the recruiting company and 1 with the company I’m placed at right now) but I got the job! The technologies I had learned lined up almost exactly with what they were looking for.

Conclusion:

I have a new career as a .Net Developer at a major energy company in Columbus. Given that I have a non-IT college degree, I needed to follow a non-traditional path to break into the field. Taking that leap of faith was the most worthwhile thing I’ve ever done. If you’ve always had a knack for technology and want to make a career change – seriously – take the leap. You won’t regret it.

Final Thoughts:

- Say goodbye to your social life, say hello to code

- You will not be able to have a full-time job during this course. Part time? Maybe, but I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate enough if I had done that (some did)

- Go to networking events! Don’t do what I did and not attend a single one. Even though I am gainfully employed and loving it, who knows who I would have met or where I’d be if I had gone. Just do it!

- It’s okay to feel overwhelmed by the enormity of what you’re undertaking. You will not leave an expert in any of the technologies and no employer worth their salt would ever expect you to be able to perform the duties of a senior or mid-level developer

- Practice talking about the technologies you’re learning. My biggest hurdle was confidently communicating what I learned to industry professionals. I eventually wised up and did a TON of practicing, but do not underestimate how important it is to do this

- Don’t expect to be the best programmer there. You’ll have to pass aptitude tests to even get in, so they don’t just let anyone become a student. Their standards are high. Every student had strengths in different areas so listen and learn

- It’s worth it

• Highly recommend
    - 5/3/2017
    Pete Bush  User Photo
    Pete Bush • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have to admit that I was pretty skeptical of Tech Elevator’s bold promise to help me get a job with just 14 weeks of training. After talking to a Tech Elevator alum, I decided to take the plunge, and I’m so glad I did. By the end of the program I was offered a job paying about 45% more than I was making before.

Tech Elevator’s greatest asset is its instructors. Josh, the .NET instructor, is phenomenal. His understanding of the material is thorough, and he has the ability to deliver the material in a way that is easy to understand. Beyond that, though, he sincerely cares about his students and their success. He was always available to give students extra help with difficult concepts, provide review sessions, or give advice about projects we were working on. Even in the evenings or on weekends, he would be on Ryver answering questions. Even now, two weeks after graduation, Josh is still sending us messages, and giving us advice on how to keep our skills sharp. His commitment to his students’ success far exceeded my expectations.

Another component of the Tech Elevator program is its Pathway Program, which provides Tech Elevator students with guidance relating to our job search. There were regular seminars focusing on different aspects of the job search (writing resumes, using LinkedIn, etc.), as well as mock interviews. The Pathway director met with students individually and helped us to tailor our job search according to our individual aspirations. The highpoint of the Pathway program was the Matchmaking event, a two-day event involving about 20 companies. I interviewed with 10 companies during the Matchmaking event, and ultimately received a job offer as a result.

On the first day of Tech Elevator, we were told that we would get out of the program what we put into it. This turned out to be true. If you decide to enroll in Tech Elevator, make sure you’re ready to completely devote yourself to the program and to acquiring the skills that will make you marketable. If you’re willing to put in the work, the Tech Elevator staff will be there to support you.

• Jacob Rutter  User Photo
    Jacob Rutter • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Greetings,

So you're considering a coding bootcamp? I was in your shoes not long ago. I chose Tech Elevator's coding bootcamp in Columbus, OH. I was part of their Jan-April 2017 .Net cohort. Let me tell you a little about my experience.

The decision to attend Tech Elevator was not one that I made lightly. The cost of the program and the time commitment were the largest hurdles I had to consider and clear before attending. I am so glad I made the sacrifices necessary. I was resolute that I would not only participate but I would put all of myself into the 14 week program. It required all of that--and sometimes a little more. Tech Elevator did a good job of letting me know what to expect and the fast pace at which things are taught. A little joke we had was that it would be 14 weeks of drinking from a fire hose. IT WAS.

That is not said to scare you away, so much the opposite! It was an intensive, exhaustive 14 weeks but I was able to learn at an accelerated pace unparalleled by any other education I have had. In my eyes the difference between Tech Elevator and other bootcamps are twofold.

First, the team assembled to assist you along the way are unlike any others in their field. The instructors are a deep pools of programming knowledge and the epitome of what a mentor should be. If I had one word to describe the instructors it would be Invested. They are wholly invested in your success.

The second differentiator that sets Tech Elevator apart is the Pathway Program. This is the career prep portion of the coding bootcamp. It is a streamlined series of events that is planned with precision and ensures that if you are putting in the effort that is advised you will be prepared to launch a career in the tech industry before graduation. Take the Pathway Program seriously and it will pay dividends.

By graduation I had multiple offers from reputable companies within Columbus, Ohio. Thanks to Tech Elevator I was well versed in programming and (equally as important) I could confidently communicate the knowledge I had learned. On the day of graduation I accepted one of the offers I had received. Today (5/1/2017) was my first day as a Software Engineer. I owe everyone at Tech Elevator a substantial debt of gratitude. The program prepared me for a successful career in the tech industry and has drastically changed the trajectory of my life.

I highly recommend Tech Elevator.

• java
    - 4/24/2017
    Liel  User Photo
    Liel • TAP • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I read the reviews about techElevator they seemed completely fake. How come no one is unhappy? No complaints? Did their relatives review them??

Now I'm going to give another glowing review and you can wonder about this one as well...

TechElevator promises hard work, fast pace, and huge time commitment-  and delivers big time. I hardly had time to breath. Said goodbye to my friends and family.  Instead, I went to all sorts of tech-related meetups. And learned to be a full stack java developer. And had a blast. AND found a job!

The program was interesting challenging and engaging, but we were guided through it all. The mock interviews I had prepared me for the "real thing" and I learned how to brand my skills and my experience. The pathways program manager is an amazing individual who truly cares about you as a person and how you can get the best possible outcome for yourself.

Now I'm a believer...

• Lori Somerville  User Photo
    Lori Somerville • Software Engineer 1 • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Although my journey to becoming a software developer was a twisty road, I knew as soon as I started coding that I had finally found the job for me! Debugging complex code is more fun than anything I’ve ever done as work before! I have been a Massage Therapist, a Truck Driver, and a Customer Service Rep. Though I have a B.A. in Communications, I never found the career I wanted until I came to Tech Elevator.

Every member of the staff at Tech Elevator is invested in helping you succeed as a developer, but they also are invested in you as a whole person. Josh, the lead instructor for .NET/C#, is the most gifted educator I have come across, and believe me, with my varied background, I have had quite a few! His ability to figure out exactly what each individual needs to hear or see in order to understand a concept is unbelievable. But his dedication to looking at each student as an individual with his/her own learning style and individual strengths, is what made it enjoyable to stuff our brains full of knowledge and logic each day.

Craig, another instructor who is available for one-on-one sessions, is one of the most patient teachers I have come across, and spending time in his office was always enlightening even when the material was frustrating.  Tiffany, the head of the Pathway Program, was there to help me with my least favorite part of Tech Elevator – the resume and networking. She was encouraging and supportive, but also made sure I worked my butt off to get in touch with the people who would eventually become my employers!

Every single staff member was there to help boost my confidence after receiving a rejection. I had 5 separate people call me aside to talk to me about how I was going to do even better next time and to tell me that I had the skills I needed – it was time to “put my oar in” and keep on applying and networking. These lovely people helped me find a job that puts a smile on my face just about every day.

After a few rejections along the way, and a LOT of help from Tiffany and the rest of the team, I was amazed to find myself with not only one, but TWO job offers on the same day! I was able to choose the job that was right for me, and I have been happily heading downtown to my job as an entry-level Software Engineer for about a month.

Tech Elevator prepared me well for my work. It was an exhausting and challenging 14 weeks, but they exposed me to most of the tools I use every day now. I learned to debug in Visual Studio, use source control with Git, and talk to databases with SQL Server Management Studio.  I also had a good overview of web programming including Javascript and using the MVC framework in .NET. I feel confident that with a little more time, I will be a valuable member of my team at my new job. Tech Elevator’s amazing staff and awesome curriculum, along with some of the skills I learned along my twisty path, helped me find the fun career I always wanted!

• Keith Williams  User Photo
    Keith Williams • Associate Consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Tech Elevator was absolutely a critical turning point for me. After a layoff and being uninterested in pursuing my previous career path I knew I needed to do something different, something more fulfilling and rewarding. I came across Tech Elevator and the rest is history.

I went from absolutely no previous experience in technology( I come from an arts background) to landing my first job in tech prior to graduation. The work was hard and at times I wanted to quit but the staff, instructors, and my classmates were very helpful and encouraging. I have 5 children ( 6 month old twins at the time) but with the proper support system I learned programming and was able to create a really cool web based application along two other students. Not only this, but the professional development aspect, which is a part of the program is really want helps you land a job. They are extremely committed to creating opportunity for the people of the program in every way possible.

Like the saying goes, you get out what you put in. I put in a lot of hard work and long hours to learn coding and how to build applications. At my job there is more learning and training, the journey never ends. None of the journey would be possible if I had not decided to take a risk, change directions, put my head down, work hard and if Tech Elevator did not have such an incredible program to help my achieve my goals. Thank you all so much, my future will be totally different than what it would have been!

For anyone reading this review, like I did a few months ago, I realize they are very critical to making a decision. It's not a cookie cutter, walk in the park situation. You will WORK very hard to learn these concepts but in the end it's all worth it, I would gladly do it again.

• Tyler  User Photo
    Tyler • Applications Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The whole point of this program is simple, they teach you the skills needed to succeed as an application developer in the real world. Casey is an amazing instructor who never hesitates to take advantage of a teaching moment. You'll learn how to build a web app from front end to back end and everything in between. The course is very demanding but you will be rewarded with the skill set to succeed.

The main selling point for Tech Elevator will be the job placement. Katie and the team will do wonders that will surprise you. They bring companies in to buy lunch for you just in hopes you will apply with their company. There's also a meeting every week about how to improve your career and manage it after the course and for years to come. They teach you how to be a professional in the workplace and what to expect when you get into your first job.

• Research
    - 1/16/2017
    Ryan Sapp  User Photo
    Ryan Sapp • Cybersecurity Anaylst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Having started an education company in college I was very skeptical of anything in higher ed (especially for-profits). I knew a lot of the ins and outs of for-profit Universities having had some of them as my venture capitalist, so when I started looking into bootcamps in Columbus I did a lot of research and questioned everything. I knew there has been a lot of bad actors out there in the for-profit model, so I did my research and encourage you to as well. With the bootcamp concept being relatively new and the government generally being behind in regulations, inevitably there is going to be some pump dump quick profit players.  I went to several open houses, looked at LinkedIn profile success, talked with people, and even read reviews here. I knew it was important to go with the best of breed in the industry to truly learn, get the job support, and create the network needed to revamp my career. The last thing I wanted was to be one of the news stories about how I thought I would get a career and all I did was build up more debt.

I found the best of breed of coding bootcamps in Tech Elevator. Their model depends on your success! If their students do not do well it hurts them long-term and you can sense that, so the motivation is aligned. Casey, Katie, and everyone else at Tech Elevator are awesome. I could not be happier. I now have a cybersecurity role where I work for AEP, Battelle, L brands, Huntington, Cardinal Health, Ohio Health, and Nationwide. I get to work for the best and brightest companies of Columbus now doing what I love. Tech Elevator changed my life and I could not have done it without them.

It was not easy, and honestly it can't be. There is a lot to learn no matter what you say. This is also why Tech Elevator won't accept just anyone with a check. They want their students to succeed and only select students they see the most potential in. I can guarantee you if this is what you truly are interested in and you have the drive, it is well worth the investment. The only downside was that I had to quit my job in order to do the bootcamp, but to be honest, I do not see how other models work if you are not truly immersed.

• Noah Myers • Junior Fullstack Engineer • Graduate

TLDR: Tech Elevator is fast, intense, fun, and teaches you a lot if you let it. John is a great instructor. The pathway program is worth the effort, especially matchmaking. And external capstones are the way to go.

Tech Elevator was exactly the kind of program I needed to push myself in the direction I wanted. It allowed me to transition my life to somewhere I actually wanted to be after having stopped my studies in mechanical engineering due to disinterest and finding myself working seasonal manual labor jobs. With my previous educational experience I knew I wanted to work with technology, especially code, and that I needed something fast paced and intense out of a program. After going to an open house early in the year I felt that this program would be a prefect fit for what I was lookin for.

With a fair background in engineering prior to the start of this program I was worried that I would find myself bored throughout it since I had a good mindset and some cursory coding experience, and that could have easily been true but they made sure to let us know in the beginning that what you put in is what you get out. So I found myself jumping down every rabbit hole that John opened up, his teaching style kept me engaged and allowed me to feel like no only was I learning but that I was really understanding the material. This gave me the opportunity to help the other people in my cohort when I could helping me to learn more too. Additionally the pair and group work really helped me to learn not only coding but how to work with a variety of different people, from different backgrounds, with different levels of understanding, and different goals.

Now on to everyones least favorite part during the program and favorite after, the pathway portion. This part of the program was immensely helpful so long as you let it be. This was where they would help us get exposure to various types of tech companies, they would teach us about interviewing in the industry they would help us craft our resumes and LinkedIns, and more. The part that everyone always raves about is the matchmaking days, in which they set students up with quick in person interviews with companies who are looking to bring in new people from Tech Elevator. This is truly a part of the program which sets it apart, as it allows their students to be in a premium position to talk with people who are looking to hire someone like them. I know this part of the program was great for me as I type this after two weeks working for a company I met through matchmaking and honestly might have made the mistake of overlooking otherwise.

Last but not least, the final capstone projects. I chose to work on a capstone which involved an outside company, and that was an amazing choice. Doing so allowed me to work with others in the cohort who were passionate about a similar topic to deliver a product that people might actually use! Getting to work with an actual company who has real use cases and legitimate desires from a product was a priceless experience for someone to get before even making it into the industry and I would wholeheartedly recommend doing an external capstone if one sounds remotely interesting.

All told I thoroughly enjoyed the program, got stacks of knowledge, heaps of friends, and ultimately a job which I really enjoy.

• Bobby Galinas • Software Developer • Graduate

With Tech Elevator's extensive academic and professional support I was able to achieve the exact goal that I had hoped to achieve when entering the program. Tech Elevator provides a challenging and valuable technical curriculum, experienced and generous instructors, and a robust career planning service. If you are willing to commit yourself to Tech Elevator's curriculum you will take relevant skills into your first job in the IT field.

The school's course work did an admirable job at providing me with the fundamental skills I need to develop web based applications. I was exposed to front-end and back-end principles in units that varied in coverage time. Each unit was supported with individual and pairs exercises. Many of the topics that I worked on at Tech Elevator are important to the work that I do as a professional software developer. That being said, I do believe the coursework would be much less effective without proper instruction.

The techincal instructors at Tech Elevator are excellent. Each techincal instructor is whip smart, but something that I feel is equally important is how willing the instructors are to help. It is a great feeling to approach an instructor with a (seemingly) cryptic problem and see that they are genuienly excited to help you solve it. I have not met a group of people who are so highly expreienced but are still able to make a novice coder feel like a colleague. This enthusiasm and experience level carries over to the Pathway Program professionals.

I have graduated from two collegiate institutions, and I have never experienced the level of energy or aid that Tech Elevator's Pathway Program professionals exude. I was almost constantly exposed to corporations in the area that were actively hiring for various IT roles. I had a large number of interviews that took place on Tech Elevator's campus that were arranged by the Pathway Program. Each professional was avaliable nearly all the time to help with anything from document review to in-person interview preperation. I believe that the Pathway Program is unmatched. With all of that said, your success in the program will depend largely on the effort that you put in.

If you have seriously thought about starting a career in the IT field, and you are ready to commit yourself to learning Tech Elevator is a peerless option. The program provides you with vast resources, but it is almost entirely on you to exploit those resources. I recommend attempting to enroll if you are ready to work hard because this is a place where hard work seems to pay off.

• Justin Gompers • Web Developer • Graduate
    Before attending Tech Elevator I was working as a Chef for the past 10 years. I had some experience with coding but really wanted to further my knowledge and dive into a new field of work. After hearing stories of the school I decided to go to a open house, learn more about the school, and the curriculum they taught. I was hooked after that moment and after I finished my first day I knew I made the right choice. I was taught by Tom Anderson (.NET professor) who had decades of experience working in the field. The lessons he taught were easy to follow along with but also were laid out to cover all the bases needed to work in this industry. This is not an easy pass to get a new job though, I had to spend hours doing extra work and practicing on my own with personal projects to get better. In the end I felt like I learned more than enough to do the job I am working today. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is willing to put in the time to change.
  • Dan • Graduate

Tech Elevator is an amazing program for those looking for a career change! In 14 weeks I went from almost knowing nothing about coding to getting a job offer for a junior software developer position.

The best part of Tech Elevator in my opinion was their Pathyway Program, which helps with career prep. From building your resume to mock interviews, they are with you every step of the way to help prepare you to do well interviewing. And maybe most importantly, Tech Elevator does a lot of work to build relationships with companies in your city who are in need of developers, which is huge to get a foot in the door with their hiring network.

The instructors do a good job of teaching you during lecture every day, but it's up to you to do the homework well and go above and beyond to learn things that might not have been covered completely. The capstones in particular (of which there are four) were really helpful in solidifying concepts and things we had learned at the end of each module. At the end of the day, it is still just 14 weeks, so there's so much more to learn and at times I felt unprepared for technical interviews, but you should know enough at the end to get a job and show any employer your motivation and ability to learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Overall, I had a really great experience at Tech Elevator and would recommend it to anyone who had the ability and interest in coding. It was scary to quit my previous job and write out those big tuition checks, but it was totally worth it.

• Complete 180.
    - 9/1/2019
    Mel B • Software Engineer • Graduate

​I weighed my options of bootcamps between online, AcademyPGH and TechElevator, and TE won out pretty quickly. During the open house information session that I went to, many of my questions were answers, and my worries eased. The graduation and employment percentage and the salary outcome were all promising to me, and so I was convinced of the numbers-related proof that the program works, but I needed more. I spoke with instructors and TE alumni, and "Trust the Process" echoed throughout the room. It's a big deal to take a leap of faith on something where people say "trust it", but honestly? I got a solid vibe from the place. Call it a gut feeling.

Before the bootcamp, I used to be a Kitchen Manager, and for the last 11 years, I worked in customer and food service. I hadn't had any preparation for the professional world, and even with a B.A. and solid soft skills, I couldn't get out of that system. That's why I chose Tech Elevator. They have a stellar reputation that is iteratively building positively over time through tangible results. It's a clean slate, a new start, and a second chance.

Professionally, the Pathway Program and advice from the instructors helped me a ton. They gave me advice on how to answer certain questions, how to conduct myself, and what the tech world is really like. My Pathway instructor was serious about helping me get to the next level in my professional life and even took time late into the night to talk me through problems and questions I had related to presenting myself professionally. I spent SO much time with the instructors so that I could have a solid understanding of the core concepts of development, and they were there for me every time that I needed them.

If you decide to do this program, make sure that you tell your friends and family that this is serious. The more seriously and professionally that you treat the program, the more you'll get out of it. I pretty much only hung out with TE people and spent most of my time there (except for sleeping) for a good chunk of the time, and I was able to absorb information much more fully than if I was only checked in at certain "required" times.

Related to coding skills, I feel that I have a good, general knowledge of how to approach learning any new language, and a strong base in C# and SSMS. If you create a solid knowledge base, picking up different languages and processes isn't as daunting as opposed to if you were walking in blindly.

I was able to meet and converse with professionals in the tech industry that I otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to meet through matchmaking and networking events, made visible and possible by TechElevator.

I wouldn't have the title, Software Engineer, and the chance for a new life if it weren't for TechElevator. This program gave me the opportunity to become the person that I want to be, and for that I am eternally grateful.

• Room for Change
    - 8/17/2019
    Joseph Ambrose • Software Developer I • Graduate

When I signed up for Tech Elevator, I was skeptical. In terms of “ There’s no way, they can make me a programmer.”. Sure enough I was wrong. There instructors and staff were all helpful. You have to put the work in and trust the process. There were times were “I didn’t get it”. Remember that’s common when it comes to a entirely new subject. If I can rewrite my college history, I would choose Tech Elevator over my college education because they truly make you successful for your future

• Java Bootcamp
    - 8/16/2019
    Ipsita • Graduate

Best Curriculum!!! Best Mentors!!! Wow Jobs!!! Its worth it !!! Its one of the best decisions I ever took in my life. Being from a foreign land, struggling for a job I must say Tech Elevator has really stood out as a bridge to my career gap. It has not only given me the knowledge I required for my career growth but also provided me immense amount of confidence, friends and mentors no less than a family who still care about my work life and overall I grew as a strong individual. Great experience!!!

- 8/15/2019
    Zach • Student

TLDR: Best decision you could make if you're interested in programming and are sure you can commit to a fast-paced and challenging program. Try t

The parts of Tech Elevator that I thought were most useful were the great instructing staff who were available to help every day during working hours and even sometimes afterwards if you had questions about homework assignments or projects. Every instructor/teaching staff member has lots of experience and they are very patient with students (even those who are brand new to programming). Aside from the actual academics, the instructors frequently provide great career advice and guidance. Each offers a unique experience and you get to speak with each one many times throughout the cohort.

The Tech Elevator Pathway program was also very useful. At the very beginning it's hard to know exactly how much this program will help you but after a couple weeks you start to realize how seriously they take placing students into jobs and how much effort and time is put into helping us navigate the tech job search process. They help you write resumes, give presentations about yourself and your experience, create a solid online presence, teach you how to network, and so many more skills. I'd say half the value in Tech Elevator is preparing you in this area and holding you accountable for taking the necessary steps to secure a job.

Last thought: Come in prepared. Do the pre-work and then do more preparation. If you're in a Java or .Net class make sure to spend a good week learning the bare basics of that language on your own. It makes things much easier when you get into your third week and already have a base level understanding of the material. Also, reviewing version control (aka git & github/bitbucket systems) will make your life so much easier. This program is easily as intense as an entire college semester (probably more so) so it's good to come in ready to go. 11/10. Would reccomend to anybody!

• Ahmed N Ahmed • Software Engineer • Graduate

Coming from a computer science background, I had basic experience in coding but I was not able to get exposure and get a job on my own until I joined Tech Elevator. I did research on local bootcamps and ended up attending open house for couple of them including Tech Elevator. I found that Tech Elevator was by far the best for it's placement record, the quality of the curriculum, experience of the instructors and the commitment of the staff. I joined Tech Elevator in fall of 2018, and to be honest it was the best and timely decision I have ever made in my life.

During the 14 weeks of the rigorous program, there was ups and downs, but handling the stress and keeping on was very vital. we learned end to end Java software development which includes mini capstone projects for every module that we finish and one final capstone project at the end of the program. Our instructor Brian was a very humble and very experienced instructor with over 20 years of industry experience. The way he delieverd the subject was very amazing and the effort he did to help  everyone and his availability was extraordinary.

One of my favourite part of the program was the Pathway Program. It is a career service program led and delivered by a committed and professional members of the staff. Pathway program has helped me to identify my strengths and weaknesses, develop my communication, networking and interview skills. By the end of the cohort I was confidently expressing myself and talk about my skills and was able to land a job 5 days before our graduation.

Finally, I would recommend everyone interested in coding career to checkout Tech Elevator and you will not regret your decision.  it's worth it.

• Ryan Rugh • Associate Software Developer • Student

About 4 months ago, I remember going through these reviews and wondering if I was making the right decision to attend Tech Elevator. To be honest, I almost backed out a week before the cohort started because I wasn't sure if Tech Elevator could deliver on it's job placement/salary statistics (By the way, Tech Elevator does not guarantee a job, but 91% job placement is pretty damn good). Fast-forward to present time, I'm graduated, employed, and have a higher salary than anyone in my family has seen.

Prior to Tech Elevator, I had never seen a line of code before. In fact, I didn't know much about technology besides what I needed to get by. That may have caused me to have to put a little more time in to understand basic concepts, such as how the internet works, but it definetly didn't make the bootcamp impossible. With that said, Tech Elevator was the most intense learning experience I have gone through. You have to be fully committed to the program. If you are not, there is really no reason to waste your time, money, and effort. At the same time, I don't know of any other programs that can take someone from 0 tech experience to thriving software developer in 14 weeks.

The staff that you get at Tech Elevator are unbelievable. It's rare to get an entire team that invests themselves into you as much as the TE staff. The student's workload is intense, but you can take heart in knowing that your instructors and the career pathway team are working equally as hard to ensure your success. I believe its what separates Tech Elevator from any other bootcamp. Whenever they say that they do not succeed unless you succeed, it's more than just words. They practice what they preach, and all the current and future success I have will be owed to them. I could not have made a better decision for my life.

• Amazing
    - 4/30/2019
    Previous tech sales professional, new Applications Developer! • Developer, IT Applications • Student

i enjoyed every second of Tech Elevator, I went through the Columbus campus for Java and it is very intense, you’ll be there very late for many days of the week but if you love to code then it’s all fun. There will also be weekend commitments too so be prepared for all that time that needs to be spent there. Having a job is not recommended, this is more than a full time job to learn programming and apply your skills. I met great new friends who are also interested in development and great mentors who are basically wizards of development. You’ll learn all that you need to become a junior level developer. Again, make sure to be committed the learning is fast paced. You’ll also learn about what it takes to find a job and they will help you to build a network and become connected with people who are hiring. The instructors are truly committed to the students as well often answering questions until very late at night or coding something new as a learning example for us when they are at home after work. My biggest fear was that employers would look down on this route of learning but if anything it shows that you’re willing and able to learn very quickly and tech is always changing so they need people who want to keep growing. Employers I interview with are impressed with what I’ve learned and the work I’ve been able to complete in such a short span of time. Tech Elevator in particular is also connected to many large employers in Columbus, so it is nice to take advantage of their connections. I am only a week and a half out of the program and I now have two job offers with great companies. I can’t wait to start coding and building applications as a career and I most definitely have Tech Elevator to thank.

• A Great Decision
    - 2/21/2019
    Corey Jansen • Consultant (Software Developer) • Graduate

I had a Bachelors in Computer Science and was struggling to find a tech job for years. Through Tech Elevator I brought my tech skills up to date and, more importantly, taught me how to market myself to employers. Additionally, Tech Elevator has built up a network of hiring partners that you won't find at a college. I now make $65K / year, which is a lot better than the $30K I was making at Walmart.

• Worth Every Penny
    - 2/11/2019
    William • Lawrence • Graduate

Tech Elevator Review

Originally, I didn’t want to go to a boot camp to learn software development. I thought that it sounded way to good to be true. So I decided to take some computer science classes and teach myself. The code that I was writing at school wasn’t what any jobs were looking for, and I kept getting turned down for entry level positions and even internships.

I talked with a CEO of a tech company in the Cleveland area, and she said that if I wanted to be a developer, then I should consider boot camps more seriously. I did my research about Tech Elevator, and it all seemed too good to be true. But after a lot of unhappiness with the path I was on, I decided to take the leap and enroll.

I could not be happier with my decision. Before I go into the details, I want to get to the bottom line. I went from making close to nothing to making over 60k. Not only am I good at what I do, but the skills that I have learned were exactly what I needed to excel in my role. But even more than that I am respected because of my skills. I had multiple offers before graduation, and I am happier now than ever before.

Now to get into the different aspects of the program.

The coursework has been created and refined over by professional developers. They know how to write readable code, and can teach you everything you need to start your career. They don’t hold your hand in the process because they want you to grow but, there are extensive resources if you need help, and collaboration is always encouraged.

You learn, in no particular order, the fundamentals of programming, database programming, version control, web programming, and security. It’s a lot, and they don’t skip very much. This makes the program intense, so you need to put in the work.

The learning is almost entirely project based, and that means that you are able to really learn instead of just doing what an instructor tells you. The final project is a two week sprint where you make an entire application following industry standards to really learn what it’s like to develop.

Career Coaching

The career coaching is worth the entire cost cost of the program. The person that helped us in our job search was a technical recruiter that knew what companies are looking for, and what you need to do to get hired. The help you craft and refine a resume, you work on elevator pitches, you have practice interviews (behavioral and technical), and you learn how to reach out to different companies and field applications.

Then you have matchmaking. This is where the real value comes from. After you spent weeks preparing, you get to have between 12 and 16 interviews with potential employers. This is where I got all my offers. You will get a ton of follow up interviews, and you have a signigicant chance of getting hired.

Other Aspects

I really want to take an opportunity to say that this place is special. They really care. It could so easily be a cash grab, but it’s not. They do every thing that they can to help you succeed. Even after you graduate, they provide constant support.

The last thing that I will say is that the program is not easy. You will have to put in the work. You will have to stay up late. You will drink way more coffee than you should. But if you listen the instructors, you will succeed.
  • Michael Markgraf • Software Developer • Graduate

I had been bouncing from job to dead-end job before I decided to go back to school for programming. I initially thought I’d have to go back to college for a bachelor or associate degree in computer science and was pretty bummed at the thought of someone my age (30) waiting 4 more years to start a real career. Fortunately, I heard about this boot camp.

14 weeks later I was hired as a consultant at a local firm here in Cincinnati, making more money and doing work that actually fulfilled and excited me.

I highly recommend this program for anyone who was never quite able to excel in traditional learning paths, or anyone seeking to quickly update their programming skills. Staff is HIGHLY competent and attentive, and gave me more than I needed to succeed.

• Alex • Software Developer • Graduate

I had a great experience as a student at Tech Elevator. Without them, I wouldn't have a job as a software developer, which hands down is the reason to do it. It's not cheap and it was *really* hard work, but I feel that it was worth every cent and every minute.

I was in the .NET class, and feel that was the best fit for me. My teacher was fantastic - he was very knowledgable and cared deeply about our success.

Beyond the actual return on investment aspect: It was fun! I now have a group of nerdy friends, and who doesn't want that?

• It's Worth It.
    - 1/18/2019
    Anthony Slack • Software Developer I • Graduate

Overall, Tech Elevator has been the best decision I have made regarding my personal career in my entire life up until this point. That might sound like hyperbole, but it's not. I had a minor amount of coding experience prior to attending. I made a few websites, tried developing some games, and was delivering pizzas to make ends meet.

Going to Tech Elevator was one heck of a grind. They aren't joking when they say that you have to give up whatever you're doing for 14 weeks and apply yourself fully. And if you do apply yourself, you'll get what you paid for, and then some.

Don't have coding experience? Don't worry about it. The classroom instruction is hands-on, personal, and goes step-by-step to ensure that you understand what you need to understand (learning how to ask good questions goes a long way, too). Don't have a college degree? Don't worry about that either. I didn't, and I succeeded regardless through hard work. Don't have discipline and the drive to better yourself every day? Well... maybe then you should look elsewhere. This program is the prime example of the addage "hard work pays off."

This program gets you ready for what the IT field will throw at you. You'll go from nodding along at meet-ups feeling deep over your head to asking meaningful questions in just a few weeks. If you pay attention and take good notes, technical interviews and whiteboarding are cake. Chris, Aaron, and David are brilliant instructors, and they turn the most abstract concepts into something comprehensible and manageable.

If someone had told me that I would be a full-stack developer today one year ago, I would have probably told them they were talking crazy. "Who, me? I'm just a pizza guy who thinks Java and Javascript are the same thing!" But now, the sky's the limit. If you apply yourself, you'll make it. No doubt about it.

And while the lectures teach you how to code, the Pathway Program teach you how to be a business professional. If you feel out of place during professional interviews, they'll iron that out of you as hard as you'll be ironing your shirts after having over ten interviews in three days during their Matchmaking event. The Pathway program goes over all the essential things you will need such as working with recruiters, building your personal brand, buffing out your resume, and more. Jessica Hall, you're a life-saver. The networking offered is top notch as well, with companies coming in to showcase themselves twice a week.

All in all, I couldn't recommend this program enough to someone looking to get into coding either as a new career, or as a career change. If you're reading all these reviews, you probably have what it takes. Go apply!

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.