tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (401) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • Anonymous • Application Development Analyst • Graduate
    I've always wanted to have a career as a software developer, and when I was laid off from my job because of the pandemic, I decided there was no better time to just finally DO IT. After extensive research, I chose to go the bootcamp route instead of going back for another degree and Tech Elevator was in my short list of options.

The main reason I picked TE was because of how localized it is. I wanted a bootcamp that knew my area and had connections to companies there. I was also appreciative of their application process, the screening/pre-work, and how they helped to get you ready for the bootcamp before it even started.

Bootcamps are still a fairly new concept and they all have some bugs to still work out. But TE is on track to being a shining example of what a bootcamp should be. Their curriculum is challenging and relevant, their staff cares about their students, and their growing local networks provide many opportunities to their students. Overall, I am very happy with my decision to not only attend a software engineering bootcamp but also that I chose Tech Elevator.

Pros:
    -instructors are knowledgable, helpful, passionate about teaching, and greatly care for their students' success
    -Java is a challenging programming language to learn and their curriculum breaks it down into very manageable pieces
    -matchmaking with local companies, many of which may lead to job offers
    -post-graduation support to help you prep for interview and keep you on track with your job searching

Cons:
    -some of the career-prep content is too generic, lacking in content, and doesn't feel individualized Cons: -some of the career-prep content is too generic, lacking in content, and doesn't feel individualized
  • Anonymous • Service Digitization- Automator • Graduate
    This 14 week bootcamp gave me the fundamentals I needed to transition into the tech industry. Even though it was a really fast paced bootcamp, I learned a heck of a lot and built some very neat things in the pairs programming and capstone team projects. The tech instructors were very engaging, extremely helpful, and did a great job teaching remote. The Pathway program was one of the main reasons I chose Tech Elevator over other bootcamps- their network of hiring partners, the assistance with job searching, and the program director acting as a dedicated recruiter to help students find jobs was phenomenal!
    From my experience with TE and their staff who is very kind is that the program heavily focuses on placement in any old job as soon as possible. It’s almost a crunch to meet the 90% placement goal rather than actually helping others grow and chang their lives
    I graduated with a bachelors degree, and after that much schooling I can easily say my instructor at tech elevator was the best I ever had.  I learned a great deal and was able to grow my skills.  It is fast paced, and if you are able to keep with it you will progress very well.  They are great at preparing you for challenges for a future in tech.  There is also a strong emphasis on helping you land a position in tech.  They have and develop relationships with many employers to help their students find placements.  A great deal of work is developing them.
  • Anonymous • SRE Engineer • Graduate
    This was the greatest experience in my life and it changed the directory that I was going in that ultimately saved my life. This program was amazing and everyone involved was caring about not only making sure I grasped the material but that I was prepared for the working world after and that I landed the job I always wanted
  • student
    - 2/9/2021
    I went to TE during the fall cohort of 2020 in Columbus, Ohio. It could not have been better. I was in the .net cohort and we were completely virtual. The instructors there are some of the most caring people you can meet. Matt and John are so sincerely invested in every student's success. They are available for way more hours than they have to be and they always give 100% effort. They will work with you until you get the concept and give you advice for how to succeed. The curriculum is so good. I have a friend who just went through another columbus boot camp (i wont say which one) and she did not get nearly the detail or attention and was underwhelmed by the curriculum.  The pathway program is the secret weapon of this bootcamp. I had 7 interviews lined up for me all thanks to the amazing pathway directors. Of those 7, 6 asked for a second interview. I decided to move ahead with 3 of those, and all 3 made an offer two weeks before school ended. Dont try to save yourself 2 grand by going with that other bootcamp, TE is more than worth the money. They even help you find a job after school is up, if you didnt get one during bootcamp. Just ask them for the statistics, out of the 18 in my .net group, i think about 8 of us had offers 2 weeks before school was up. Its been nearly two months since bootcamp ended and all my friends have jobs I would be excited to have myself.
    I began my journey into software as a self-taught developer in January of 2020. In three months, my passion for software had driven me to learn the basics of QA automation, basic object-oriented programming, and to develop appealing web pages. I had secured a software engineering internship to begin in April 2020...we all know what happened next (I lost my position due to the pandemic). I continued my job search for months, going from weekly interviews to dead silence. I'd lost hope to continue on my own.

Tech Elevator was the best career decision of my life. Although extremely rigorous, we covered nearly 3 months of my self-taught journey...in as little as 3 weeks. The curriculum covers object oriented programming, followed by databases, then API's, and finally web development. These are the skills need to build any full-stack application. They helped me refine my software development skills as well as my professional soft skills, capitalizing on my strengths and patching my weaknesses through practice and mentorship.

Everyday, we'd have 3 hours of instruction followed homework and projects (this would consume the rest of the day until sunset). Every couple weeks, we'd meet with our Pathway Directors, who were responsible for helping us refine our job search, soft skills, and interview skills. I had the most fun during our four capstone projects, which were big projects that our skills (and mental durability) to its limits. After 14 weeks of lectures, Pathway, and capstones, I graduated Tech Elevator with some job offers in-hand.

TL;DR: Tech Elevator is extremely rigorous but rewarding and efficient. This is a good step to finding a career in technology as a software developer.

P.S. Andy Chong Sam is a great instructor. His lectures are clear and concise and he has no issues with changing the way he teaches. However, what makes Andy a superstar is his ability to teach 1 on 1. I promise you, things will click in no time with him around.
  • Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate
    The staff at Tech Elevator are amazing.  Our instructor had many years of relevant experience and made himself available to help when we needed it.  The course content was difficult and really pushed me past what I though my limits were.  The job placement portion was top notch also.  Throughout the cohort they had several high level people from major companies speak with us.  They also had technical and behavioral mock interviews with real companies, and help match making sessions to get us in front of companies that were hiring.
    I came to tech elevator to immerse myself in coding, over the 14 week program I honestly can say that I feel confident in what I've learned from my Instructors and the success that the Pathway Directors have set me up for in my job placement.  I would absolutely recommend Tech Elevator to anyone in the Greater Cincinnati area or on their remote courses as well.
  • Anonymous • Wagner • Graduate

The program was hard for me!! But, the whole team was EXCELLENT!! TRUST THE PROCESS!! No one gave up on me and I appreciated that!! The fellow students were great too!! Searching for a job was frustrating. I had a good share of interviews and rejection. I was not confident about going directly into a coding job. But, one day, TE contacted me for the perfect job(and it was for me). By now, I was probably the last student looking for a job, so I felt good about it. Well, one phone interview, one onsite interview, I was hired!! I got exactly the salary I wanted. I got a 15-minute commute. I got a great start-up to work for. Co-workers all seem very nice and professional(i start tomorrow)! So I am excited. I  decided to change careers and have to pinch myself that I am actually starting a career in tech! I owe this to the TE people!

• Incredible
    - 10/8/2019

I could not have believed that after 14 weeks I would be working as a Software Engineer. A good foundation for the working world. My classmates also had good success finding jobs afterwards.

• Do Not Doubt It
    - 9/4/2019
    Anonymous • Software Engineer I • Graduate

Tech Elevator is something that seems too good to be true. I personally dont think I would had believed it myself until I had seen first-hand someones life change for the better in 14 weeks. After personally seeing someone go through the process and graduate Tech Elevator and earn an outstanding job, I decided to take the chance and I do not doubt it for a second. Tech Elevator teaches you technical skills, improves your professional development, and surrounds you in an overwhelmingly supportive environment. If you are looking to enter a career in software, Tech Elevator is an outsanding opprotunity to pursue.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.