tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (401) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • Lyndsey • Developer • Graduate

I truly cannot say enough good things about my Tech Elevator experience.  After feeling stagnant in my marketing career for quite some time, I became intrigued by the tech industry and the bootcamp model of learning.  I attended an open house at Tech Elevator and listened to their team talk about the program and from there I was sold.  Their passion and knowledge was clear, and I ultimately decided to quit my job and sign up.  At the time it felt like a scary and risky move, but I was very quickly rewarded with the feeling that it was one of the best decisions I had ever made.

The cohort covered the full technology stack, from database to front-end development.  Josh Tucholski, the .Net instructor, is incredibly knowledgeable and has a teaching style that makes it easy and enjoyable to learn from him.  He's patient, thorough, and understanding, and is genuinely invested in you and your future. The same can be said about every member of the TE team.  Everyone there actually cares about you as an individual and wants to see you leave TE for bigger and better things. And they help you do it!  The Pathway Program that runs in conjunction with the day-to-day instruction was invaluable.  It provided job and interview prep, employer matchmaking and networking opportunities, and the ever important "soft-skills" that are essential to landing a great career in today's job market.

Tech Elevator opened up a whole new world for me in regards to my career.  The skills I gained throughout the program allowed me to knowledgeably and confidently interview with a number of companies that I may not have otherwise had exposure to.  I had two job offers within two weeks of graduation, and am so excited about my new position and my future as a developer.

• Kevin • IT Apps Programmer Associate • Graduate

I was enrolled in Tech Elevator's Java Applications Development course from January through April 2016. Before I started the program I had very little experience with programming and no practical experience at all with Java. My last job had absolutely nothing to do with programming. Within days of graduating, I already had job offers and am now employed full-time as a software developer.

The course was rigorous without being overwhelming. The day usually started off with a lecture on the programming concepts that were being introduced followed by demonstrations. Afterwards you can expect to be given individual and paired exercises to work to reinforce your understanding of the new material. The instructors are excellent and make themselves available to answer any questions you might have or review your completed code with you to help you improve upon it and make recommendations to assist you in writing more readable and professional code. They are also very receptive to feedback and will make changes to how they present the material to better suit the needs of their students.

The best part about the program is that at the end of each unit you will be assigned a full project to complete. You will be given specifications for an application and then you'll write the code for it. Writing programs really helps you absorb all of the material you've been learning and, by the time you will have completed the course, you'll have a number of programs you can compile into a portfolio and present to potential employers to prove that you really know what you're doing. This part really makes a difference and goes a lot further with employers than a resume alone.

The job support is also excellent. The school has its own hiring network of companies in need of junior developers and frequently hosts different kinds of events to bring their students together with recruiters from these companies. It was one of these in-network companies with which I ended up getting a job, so I can personally vouch that it is a worthwhile part of the program.

I highly recommend this school to anyone looking to make a transition into software development. It is well worth it.

• Anonymous • Application Developer • Graduate

After making the decision to move from life science research into software development (without prior experience), I realized that a 4-year degree was out of reach; however, the bootcamp model of education taking less than 4 months appeared to gain traction nationwide, and I looked into the Cleveland area's options. Tech Elevator stood out as a spacious, friendly environment, run by an enormously qualified and engaged team who sincerely cared about moving their students' careers upwards.

I signed up and never looked back. 14 weeks of hard work during bootcamp included lectures, exercises and homework, but also the "Pathway Program", which makes you generate a proper resume, a professional LinkedIn presence, includes one-on-one interview practices and, importantly, involves a network of local employers who come in to showcase their company and to interview all students during matchmaking events. The latter events is what led to several follow-up interviews at companies for me, ultimately leading to my graduation on Friday and having a job offer on the following Monday, a pretty common outcome for our cohort.

The bootcamp provided us with a well-rounded set of skills needed to build a complete web application, using Java, SQL, HTML/CSS/JavaScript as main languages, and included unit testing and security aspects. In summary, I learned a lot about learning, in that I feel able to not only build web applications but also acquire additional programming skills as needed. What a great experience!

• Elizabeth Mis • Software Engineer • Graduate

Before attending Tech Elevator I was working part-time in retail and playing music on the side. Though I didn't have a background in coding, I was into computers and technology. Once I heard about Tech Elevator, I started looking into programming and what I could do with it. I was fascinated and intrigued by the things a programmer can create with code. It didn't take me long to decide that I wanted to attend Tech Elevator.

The first 4 weeks were intense, but our instructor David was very helpful. He was understanding and patient with the students. We learned everything to develop a full-stack web application from scratch. I learned so much in 14 weeks and felt a great sense of accomplishment when we graduated.

After graduating, I had several interviews lined up and felt confident going into them. It wasn’t long before I had an offer from several companies. The Pathways program was helpful in preparing us for our career change.

Tech Elevator made a major impact on my career and I couldn't be more happy with the experience. If you're on the fence about going, check out one of the student open houses and get a sense of what it's like.

• Jim • Software Engineer • Student

Prior to the class I had some experience building websites, and troubleshooting any computer and network difficulties. I had always had the desire to learn how to program, but I found it difficult to learn online, and the personal investment to attend a traditional university was unpractical for me. After completing the course I felt thoroughly prepared for the market place. I was quickly granted many interviews and was able to land my first choice.

After meeting with David and Anthony, I truly believed in their passion, ability, and confidence to provide the best possible path to achieve my goal of programming. David’s experience in the field was stunning, and Anthony’s network, boot camp knowledge, and plan to place graduates left me knowing that my future would be secure in their hands.

Throughout the class, what helped me the most was David’s teaching ability. His capacity to understand not only where the class as a whole was in terms of comprehension, but seeing where each of his students was individually was outstanding. He was able to magnificently tailor the curriculum to our own needs to help us progress. When I had questions, he continually was able to answer the questions in a way that allowed me to come to the conclusions myself. I have been in many classes before and have never had that sort of attention and support. Now, I feel exceeding confident that I am aptly prepared for my career in programming.

I feel very confident entering my first position as a junior developer. I know that I have developed my ability to code at an effective level for a beginner. Most importantly however, I know how to find the solutions to any complications I may encounter.

The opportunities I have available to me know seem endless. I can choose from nearly any industry, anywhere in the world to continue my career. As I progress in my career and continue to hone my skills, I look forward to seeing the opportunities that are sure to present themselves

The Pathway Program Tech Elevator provided us gave me great insight into the field and prepared me amazingly well in finding a beginning to my new career. The ability to hear from and ask questions to leading professionals in the Cleveland area, allowed me to understand what exactly I was getting myself into and how I could accomplish my goal. The value of a proper LinkedIn profile was aptly demonstrated and I was assisted in properly designing my own. Many different industry professionals continually critiqued my resume as I progressed through the course allowing me to state my abilities clearly and concisely. I found that the mock interviews were the most helpful process in guiding me to understand the questions that would be asked of me, and allow me to answer them properly.

• Daniel • Graduate

As you go through life there are key moments that drastically change your course in life, and, for me, the decision to attend  Tech Elevator was one of them.  After more than fifteen years in retail I was treading water in a position that had become just  a job to me, something I had to do to pay the bills.  I had done some work on my own designing a website using HTML, CSS,  PHP and a little Javascript, and I found it fascinating, but lacking direction and support I couldn't see myself getting a job  doing it.  What Tech Elevator offered was an opportunity to start a career that I had a passion for, something I wanted to do  rather than something I had to do.

During the course, mornings were dedicated to lecture, and afternoons were dedicated to hands on coding exercises.  This  worked well for me because I find I retain knowledge best when I get to apply it, which in this case means writing code, and  writing code is something we had ample opportunity to do.  David, our instructor did a great job explaining the concepts and  syntax of coding, and was always willing to answer questions before, during, or even after class in the evenings.  We learned  how to design and code Java web applications from start to finish, using the tools, frameworks, and processes that are in use  in the field today.  Overall it was a lot of work, I lived and breathed code for those three or so months, but it really prepared me to enter the workforce as a junior developer.

Another major component to the Tech Elevator course is the Pathway Program.  This is a series of workshops and panels  with industry insiders centered around giving you the skills you need to actually get a job using the coding skills you're  learning.  Coming from someone who had worked at the same company for 14 years and had little experience with  interviewing and resume writing, this was invaluable to me.  Practice interviews, resume building workshops, improving your  Linked In profile, the whole team supports you from day one in getting you ready to land that first job. They even bring employers to the school so you can get that valuable in person connection. I felt like everyone wanted to see me succeed on a personal level and they were willing to go out of their way to help me make it happen.

Overall, I can say that I highly recommend Tech Elevator.  As I mentioned, I had done some self study previously, but Tech  Elevator offers benefits you can't get learning on your own.  You get top notch technical training, from instructors with a ton of  real world experience, and you get the support of a team dedicated to helping you start your new career.  But the proof is in  the pudding right?   What was my outcome?  Well, I accepted a job offer within a month of graduating with a starting salary that  doubled what I made before the course, doing something that I truly have a passion for.  Like I said, there are moments that  change your course in life, and if you're looking to make a change, I'd say Tech Elevator is a great place to do it.

• Christopher • Graduate

After several years working in industry (international trade) I wanted to study coding both to add to my skill set and to open up new career paths. Tech Elevator's lead Java instructor, David, brough his extensive career experience into the classroom - he proved to be a great teacher, really devoted, and I felt he truly cared about the progress of our class, often responding to email queries on homework assignments late into the night and early mornings, and also working one on one to bring me forward on topics where I struggled.

The bootcamp covers full stack web development from back to front end, which means a lot of material in the time period. So workload is high, and pre-reading / pre-preparation definitely important… The school provides all this.

The resume and interview workshops targeting tech jobs were extremely valuable, as was being plugged into Tech Elevator’s professional network of employers and recruiters- a huge bonus of studying at this school, particularly if you’re network is not in this field.

After gaining these skills, I feel confident to go into software development positions, and intend to keep learning more skills as I go forward, which will open more and more doors for my career.

I should also mention that the people (both classmates and the school staff) were really friendly and I built some great new friendships over the course.

Prior to joining Tech Elevator, when I was deciding on a Bootcamp to attend the two things that set them apart were the Pathway Program and the fact their job placement rate was 90% and that number was updated and checked by a third party each year. The Pathway program completely exceeded my expectations and did more than what I expected. They help you from day 1 until you find a job. They helped us prepare our resumes, practice interviews, taught us how to network and market ourselves as well as so much more. Even after graduation, your team of professors and Pathway directors are always available for you to reach out to if you ever need anything. The curriculum is rigorous as any good Bootcamp should be, but the main factor that sets them apart is the amount of help you have at your disposal. To start you're taught by experienced professors who have been in the industry for many years and who almost always have the answer to all your questions. Then you have your study group of 3-5 individuals who are also from your class that you can always reach out to and ask for help. If that fails you can always ask for help from the Academic Fellows who themselves have been through the Bootcamp and have been in your shoes. If you are looking for a Bootcamp that will give you results it would be a great disservice to yourself to not consider Tech Elevator!
  • Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate
    If you want to become a software engineer, it is well worth the cost.
  • Anonymous • Software Enginner • Student
  • Anonymous • Software Engineer I • Graduate
    I went in to Tech Elevator with a couple of random college courses in coding and some self taught knowledge, and graduated from the program with a job starting a few weeks later. Not only did I get up to date and speed on current technologies and techniques used in industry, I also gained major soft skills working with others on code and got invaluable guidance through my job application processes. Not to mention the fact that the pathway team at TE set me up with more than half of my interviews. Absolutely would recommend for someone seeking a structured learning environment and guidance through job applications and interviews.
    Enrolling at Tech Elevator turned out to be a great path forward for me and my career. Pairing their certificate program with any amount of existing education will give you a huge advantage in entering the tech workforce.

My cohort was initially supposed to be in-person when I enrolled, so I was apprehensive when it was decided to go fully remote because I had very little experience with remote learning. However, the transition was seamless and I felt that I got just as much out of it as I would have in-person. Tech Elevator's instructors are knowledgeable and great at connecting with their students. The perspective they provide is invaluable, and is a real advantage over some other self-paced curriculums you may find online.

Their Pathway job placement program is the secret sauce -- about a third of your time with Tech Elevator will be spent improving your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills so that you're most prepared to land a job as soon as possible after graduation. There is an extra level of commitment and investment to making sure every student has the opportunity to succeed, especially since Tech Elevator markets their program on their astounding job placement rate. This sort of job placement support I received at Tech Elevator was leagues beyond what I got out of my undergraduate education at one of the most expensive universities in the United States.

I'm earning a decent salary in an exciting career only a few weeks out of graduation. I'm very pleased with the experience I had with Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.