tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full-time, 14-week coding bootcamp that prepares students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The bootcamp runs Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and has a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (382) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (64) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date January 17, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    January 17, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by January 05, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Dallas Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    January 17, 2022 - Online Apply by January 01, 2022
    May 16, 2022 - Chicago Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Chicago Apply by June 22, 2022
    January 17, 2022 - Dallas Apply by January 05, 2022
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

January 17, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by January 05, 2022
    January 17, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 05, 2022
    May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Jim • Software Engineer • Student

Prior to the class I had some experience building websites, and troubleshooting any computer and network difficulties. I had always had the desire to learn how to program, but I found it difficult to learn online, and the personal investment to attend a traditional university was unpractical for me. After completing the course I felt thoroughly prepared for the market place. I was quickly granted many interviews and was able to land my first choice.

After meeting with David and Anthony, I truly believed in their passion, ability, and confidence to provide the best possible path to achieve my goal of programming. David’s experience in the field was stunning, and Anthony’s network, boot camp knowledge, and plan to place graduates left me knowing that my future would be secure in their hands.

Throughout the class, what helped me the most was David’s teaching ability. His capacity to understand not only where the class as a whole was in terms of comprehension, but seeing where each of his students was individually was outstanding. He was able to magnificently tailor the curriculum to our own needs to help us progress. When I had questions, he continually was able to answer the questions in a way that allowed me to come to the conclusions myself. I have been in many classes before and have never had that sort of attention and support. Now, I feel exceeding confident that I am aptly prepared for my career in programming.

I feel very confident entering my first position as a junior developer. I know that I have developed my ability to code at an effective level for a beginner. Most importantly however, I know how to find the solutions to any complications I may encounter.

The opportunities I have available to me know seem endless. I can choose from nearly any industry, anywhere in the world to continue my career. As I progress in my career and continue to hone my skills, I look forward to seeing the opportunities that are sure to present themselves

The Pathway Program Tech Elevator provided us gave me great insight into the field and prepared me amazingly well in finding a beginning to my new career. The ability to hear from and ask questions to leading professionals in the Cleveland area, allowed me to understand what exactly I was getting myself into and how I could accomplish my goal. The value of a proper LinkedIn profile was aptly demonstrated and I was assisted in properly designing my own. Many different industry professionals continually critiqued my resume as I progressed through the course allowing me to state my abilities clearly and concisely. I found that the mock interviews were the most helpful process in guiding me to understand the questions that would be asked of me, and allow me to answer them properly.

• Daniel • Graduate

As you go through life there are key moments that drastically change your course in life, and, for me, the decision to attend  Tech Elevator was one of them.  After more than fifteen years in retail I was treading water in a position that had become just  a job to me, something I had to do to pay the bills.  I had done some work on my own designing a website using HTML, CSS,  PHP and a little Javascript, and I found it fascinating, but lacking direction and support I couldn't see myself getting a job  doing it.  What Tech Elevator offered was an opportunity to start a career that I had a passion for, something I wanted to do  rather than something I had to do.

During the course, mornings were dedicated to lecture, and afternoons were dedicated to hands on coding exercises.  This  worked well for me because I find I retain knowledge best when I get to apply it, which in this case means writing code, and  writing code is something we had ample opportunity to do.  David, our instructor did a great job explaining the concepts and  syntax of coding, and was always willing to answer questions before, during, or even after class in the evenings.  We learned  how to design and code Java web applications from start to finish, using the tools, frameworks, and processes that are in use  in the field today.  Overall it was a lot of work, I lived and breathed code for those three or so months, but it really prepared me to enter the workforce as a junior developer.

Another major component to the Tech Elevator course is the Pathway Program.  This is a series of workshops and panels  with industry insiders centered around giving you the skills you need to actually get a job using the coding skills you're  learning.  Coming from someone who had worked at the same company for 14 years and had little experience with  interviewing and resume writing, this was invaluable to me.  Practice interviews, resume building workshops, improving your  Linked In profile, the whole team supports you from day one in getting you ready to land that first job. They even bring employers to the school so you can get that valuable in person connection. I felt like everyone wanted to see me succeed on a personal level and they were willing to go out of their way to help me make it happen.

Overall, I can say that I highly recommend Tech Elevator.  As I mentioned, I had done some self study previously, but Tech  Elevator offers benefits you can't get learning on your own.  You get top notch technical training, from instructors with a ton of  real world experience, and you get the support of a team dedicated to helping you start your new career.  But the proof is in  the pudding right?   What was my outcome?  Well, I accepted a job offer within a month of graduating with a starting salary that  doubled what I made before the course, doing something that I truly have a passion for.  Like I said, there are moments that  change your course in life, and if you're looking to make a change, I'd say Tech Elevator is a great place to do it.

• Christopher • Graduate

After several years working in industry (international trade) I wanted to study coding both to add to my skill set and to open up new career paths. Tech Elevator's lead Java instructor, David, brough his extensive career experience into the classroom - he proved to be a great teacher, really devoted, and I felt he truly cared about the progress of our class, often responding to email queries on homework assignments late into the night and early mornings, and also working one on one to bring me forward on topics where I struggled.

The bootcamp covers full stack web development from back to front end, which means a lot of material in the time period. So workload is high, and pre-reading / pre-preparation definitely important… The school provides all this.

The resume and interview workshops targeting tech jobs were extremely valuable, as was being plugged into Tech Elevator’s professional network of employers and recruiters- a huge bonus of studying at this school, particularly if you’re network is not in this field.

After gaining these skills, I feel confident to go into software development positions, and intend to keep learning more skills as I go forward, which will open more and more doors for my career.

I should also mention that the people (both classmates and the school staff) were really friendly and I built some great new friendships over the course.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer I • Graduate
    I went in to Tech Elevator with a couple of random college courses in coding and some self taught knowledge, and graduated from the program with a job starting a few weeks later. Not only did I get up to date and speed on current technologies and techniques used in industry, I also gained major soft skills working with others on code and got invaluable guidance through my job application processes. Not to mention the fact that the pathway team at TE set me up with more than half of my interviews. Absolutely would recommend for someone seeking a structured learning environment and guidance through job applications and interviews.
    Enrolling at Tech Elevator turned out to be a great path forward for me and my career. Pairing their certificate program with any amount of existing education will give you a huge advantage in entering the tech workforce.

My cohort was initially supposed to be in-person when I enrolled, so I was apprehensive when it was decided to go fully remote because I had very little experience with remote learning. However, the transition was seamless and I felt that I got just as much out of it as I would have in-person. Tech Elevator's instructors are knowledgeable and great at connecting with their students. The perspective they provide is invaluable, and is a real advantage over some other self-paced curriculums you may find online.

Their Pathway job placement program is the secret sauce -- about a third of your time with Tech Elevator will be spent improving your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills so that you're most prepared to land a job as soon as possible after graduation. There is an extra level of commitment and investment to making sure every student has the opportunity to succeed, especially since Tech Elevator markets their program on their astounding job placement rate. This sort of job placement support I received at Tech Elevator was leagues beyond what I got out of my undergraduate education at one of the most expensive universities in the United States.

I'm earning a decent salary in an exciting career only a few weeks out of graduation. I'm very pleased with the experience I had with Tech Elevator.
  • Anonymous • Application Development Analyst • Graduate
    I've always wanted to have a career as a software developer, and when I was laid off from my job because of the pandemic, I decided there was no better time to just finally DO IT. After extensive research, I chose to go the bootcamp route instead of going back for another degree and Tech Elevator was in my short list of options.

The main reason I picked TE was because of how localized it is. I wanted a bootcamp that knew my area and had connections to companies there. I was also appreciative of their application process, the screening/pre-work, and how they helped to get you ready for the bootcamp before it even started.

Bootcamps are still a fairly new concept and they all have some bugs to still work out. But TE is on track to being a shining example of what a bootcamp should be. Their curriculum is challenging and relevant, their staff cares about their students, and their growing local networks provide many opportunities to their students. Overall, I am very happy with my decision to not only attend a software engineering bootcamp but also that I chose Tech Elevator.

Pros:
    -instructors are knowledgable, helpful, passionate about teaching, and greatly care for their students' success
    -Java is a challenging programming language to learn and their curriculum breaks it down into very manageable pieces
    -matchmaking with local companies, many of which may lead to job offers
    -post-graduation support to help you prep for interview and keep you on track with your job searching

Cons:
    -some of the career-prep content is too generic, lacking in content, and doesn't feel individualized Cons: -some of the career-prep content is too generic, lacking in content, and doesn't feel individualized
  • Anonymous • Service Digitization- Automator • Graduate
    This 14 week bootcamp gave me the fundamentals I needed to transition into the tech industry. Even though it was a really fast paced bootcamp, I learned a heck of a lot and built some very neat things in the pairs programming and capstone team projects. The tech instructors were very engaging, extremely helpful, and did a great job teaching remote. The Pathway program was one of the main reasons I chose Tech Elevator over other bootcamps- their network of hiring partners, the assistance with job searching, and the program director acting as a dedicated recruiter to help students find jobs was phenomenal!
    From my experience with TE and their staff who is very kind is that the program heavily focuses on placement in any old job as soon as possible. It’s almost a crunch to meet the 90% placement goal rather than actually helping others grow and chang their lives
    I graduated with a bachelors degree, and after that much schooling I can easily say my instructor at tech elevator was the best I ever had.  I learned a great deal and was able to grow my skills.  It is fast paced, and if you are able to keep with it you will progress very well.  They are great at preparing you for challenges for a future in tech.  There is also a strong emphasis on helping you land a position in tech.  They have and develop relationships with many employers to help their students find placements.  A great deal of work is developing them.
  • Anonymous • SRE Engineer • Graduate
    This was the greatest experience in my life and it changed the directory that I was going in that ultimately saved my life. This program was amazing and everyone involved was caring about not only making sure I grasped the material but that I was prepared for the working world after and that I landed the job I always wanted
  • student
    - 2/9/2021
    I went to TE during the fall cohort of 2020 in Columbus, Ohio. It could not have been better. I was in the .net cohort and we were completely virtual. The instructors there are some of the most caring people you can meet. Matt and John are so sincerely invested in every student's success. They are available for way more hours than they have to be and they always give 100% effort. They will work with you until you get the concept and give you advice for how to succeed. The curriculum is so good. I have a friend who just went through another columbus boot camp (i wont say which one) and she did not get nearly the detail or attention and was underwhelmed by the curriculum.  The pathway program is the secret weapon of this bootcamp. I had 7 interviews lined up for me all thanks to the amazing pathway directors. Of those 7, 6 asked for a second interview. I decided to move ahead with 3 of those, and all 3 made an offer two weeks before school ended. Dont try to save yourself 2 grand by going with that other bootcamp, TE is more than worth the money. They even help you find a job after school is up, if you didnt get one during bootcamp. Just ask them for the statistics, out of the 18 in my .net group, i think about 8 of us had offers 2 weeks before school was up. Its been nearly two months since bootcamp ended and all my friends have jobs I would be excited to have myself.
    I began my journey into software as a self-taught developer in January of 2020. In three months, my passion for software had driven me to learn the basics of QA automation, basic object-oriented programming, and to develop appealing web pages. I had secured a software engineering internship to begin in April 2020...we all know what happened next (I lost my position due to the pandemic). I continued my job search for months, going from weekly interviews to dead silence. I'd lost hope to continue on my own.

Tech Elevator was the best career decision of my life. Although extremely rigorous, we covered nearly 3 months of my self-taught journey...in as little as 3 weeks. The curriculum covers object oriented programming, followed by databases, then API's, and finally web development. These are the skills need to build any full-stack application. They helped me refine my software development skills as well as my professional soft skills, capitalizing on my strengths and patching my weaknesses through practice and mentorship.

Everyday, we'd have 3 hours of instruction followed homework and projects (this would consume the rest of the day until sunset). Every couple weeks, we'd meet with our Pathway Directors, who were responsible for helping us refine our job search, soft skills, and interview skills. I had the most fun during our four capstone projects, which were big projects that our skills (and mental durability) to its limits. After 14 weeks of lectures, Pathway, and capstones, I graduated Tech Elevator with some job offers in-hand.

TL;DR: Tech Elevator is extremely rigorous but rewarding and efficient. This is a good step to finding a career in technology as a software developer.

P.S. Andy Chong Sam is a great instructor. His lectures are clear and concise and he has no issues with changing the way he teaches. However, what makes Andy a superstar is his ability to teach 1 on 1. I promise you, things will click in no time with him around.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.