tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers a full-time, 14-week coding bootcamp that prepares students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The bootcamp runs Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and has a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (382) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (64) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Java Coding Bootcamp

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date January 17, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    January 17, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by January 05, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Dallas Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    January 17, 2022 - Online Apply by January 01, 2022
    May 16, 2022 - Chicago Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Chicago Apply by June 22, 2022
    January 17, 2022 - Dallas Apply by January 05, 2022
  • .NET Coding Bootcamp

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

January 17, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by January 05, 2022
    May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Lindsay Leigh  User Photo
    Lindsay Leigh • UI/UX Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I cannot recommend Tech Elevator enough! It was one of the best decisions I made for myself. As a 30-something, college graduate, I found myself in unfulfilling work, unrelated to my studies, and not happy with my salary. I felt stuck since the jobs I felt I did qualify for, I really wasn’t interested in applying for. I knew I needed to find something I could see myself doing longterm and I knew it would require me to learn a valuable skill. I started learning to code on my own and I knew right away that this was the path I should be taking, so I decided to hit the fast forward button and enroll in Tech Elevator.  Fourteen weeks later, I was interviewing with my top pick, and I now am set to start a job there next week.

Reflecting on my time at Tech Elevator, not only did I learn so much, I met a lot of great people along the way. I know I have made lifelong friends as well as have built a strong network. My instructor, Walt, is an amazing teacher and his patience and knowledge are incomparable! Ellen, Stephen, and Jennifer are amazing mentors when it comes to learning how to market yourself to potential employers and they truly care about everyone finding success after the cohort. I really can’t say enough about all of the staff at the Pittsburgh Campus!

My recommendation for anyone considering doing a bootcamp, is to do your research. I chose Tech Elevator because of their Pathway Program and their strong job placement rate and they did not disappoint. The curriculum is amazing too. They jam pack a lot of stuff in those 14 weeks and the process of learning and then implementing what you learn in smaller homework problems and then compounding it into bigger capstone projects really helps solidify everything. I would also recommend learning some coding on your own prior to starting, to make sure this is something you truly enjoy and also to prepare for the intensity of the bootcamp. Tell your friends and family you are going to be super busy, and maybe give your house a deep cleaning before you start! You may not have time for anything else, but that’s ok! It’s a small sacrifice for what you will get in the end.

My foremost advice for anyone considering Tech Elevator is: what are you waiting for? You can do this! It will be hard, but making a change and putting yourself out there rarely ever isn’t hard. If you really want to make this change and are willing to put in the time and effort, DO IT!

• Just Do It
    - 5/20/2021
    Jareth Antona  User Photo
    Jareth Antona • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overview
    Simply put, choosing Tech Elevator as your coding bootcamp will be the best decision you can make in your life IF and ONLY IF you are ready to live and breathe code and put in the work. I usually dedicated my hours between 9am-9pm, with a few breaks sprinkled in between, to the coursework. By the end of the program, I was offered a job as a software engineer for a really awesome company. Tech Elevator is a program that works and I am living proof that you can become a software developer after going through a coding bootcamp.

Coursework
    So, how hard is it? Very hard, but also very doable! The coursework is intended to be extremely challenging and is not for the faint of heart. Everyday you are held accountable in attending lectures, completing everyday assignments, passing daily quizzes, and reading the textbook. If I had one piece of advice for you, aim to understand everything and see how everything connects. In the end, if you are able to explain what you learned to a 6-year old, then you understand it! I can tell you from experience that it is very tempting to complete an assignment quickly, hand it in, and call it a day and have a margarita or play some video games. DO NOT do that. Establish good habits as early as possible! The real assignment is not completed until YOU understand the material. A lot of my time spent during Tech Elevator was doing a lot of focused self-studying trying to make concepts that don't make sense actually make sense. My self-studying included watching recorded lectures, reading the textbook, and even breaking my code just so I can fix it up again. Software development, in my opinion, is as abstract as it gets and it requires a level of thinking that our brain is just not used to. Studying hard and being able to fully grasp the material will pay off tremendously when it is time for technical interviews and take-home coding assignments. You will get to that point eventually! Once you are there, you cannot fake your way through a technical interview. You have to be prepared. Tech Elevator, however, will make sure that you are prepared. Just remember to put in the time and effort.

Pathway
    The other side of the Tech Elevator curriculum is their pathway program. Pathway is the term used to describe their “career preparation” side of the curriculum. Unlike other bootcamps, pathway events are mandatory and you are held accountable to attending all pathway meetings. You will learn and master soft skills in crafting clean elevator pitches, knowing what to say and what not to say in an interview, developing your "personal brand", and much more. Learning all the technical information is one thing, but the other (in my opinion, more important) thing is being able to present yourself warmly to employers. The Pathway staff will be there with you every step of the way.

Conclusion
    By the end of the program, you would have multiple assignments completed, have proficiencies in important areas of full stack web development, have skills necessary to smash your interviews and, above all else, have a super supportive network of Tech Elevator staff. I always like to say that if you WANT to become a developer, you WILL become a developer. When times get tough, remind yourself why you joined Tech Elevator in the first place. Keep the same drive you had in Day 1 throughout the bootcamp and I promise you things will turn out great in the end. But also, aside from dedicating nearly every waking hour to the bootcamp, remember to take breaks! Both long and short! Power naps and the pomodoro method helped me tremendously in managing my focus throughout the day and I think it can help you too.

Happy coding, and good luck!
  • Java Bootcamp
    - 5/5/2021
    Traci Stocker  User Photo
    Traci Stocker • Programmer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     After enjoying a successful 13-year career in customer service and sales, I decided to pursue my interest in programming and enroll in Tech Elevator. BEST DECISION EVER! Besides offering the opportunity to get a jump start in the tech industry by offering a comprehensive curriculum, they also provide expert guidance on resume building and interview training.

If you are on the fence about attending a coding bootcamp or trying to teach yourself how to code, I highly recommend Tech Elevator. I just cannot say enough good things about the curriculum, the instructors and the support staff.
  • Jesse Hofmann  User Photo
    Jesse Hofmann • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was an accounting college dropout who wanted to career pivot to software development.  After 2 years of teaching myself, I sought an opportunity at a boot camp and found  Tech Elevator.  After getting accepted, I had some nerves.  It is intensive and only 14 weeks.  During my time I met many instructors who were extremely helpful and always willing to meet if they were available.  The pathway program is really what set this apart.  Talking with students from other boot camps, nothing offers the career help that I received.  I could not recommend Tech Elevator enough!
  • Nicholas Weller  User Photo
    Nicholas Weller • Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've taken IT courses off and on for about 17 years. The 14 weeks spent at Tech Elevator better prepared me for the real world than any of my dozens of previous instructors or the three random colleges I have attended in different states.

Group lessons and projects are incredibly valuable. Learning agile methodology from the beginning is an excellent skill to pick up and, and the remote learning environment is well suited to the current IT trends in a pandemic-gripped world.

The variety of coding languages, assignments, and challenges are crafted perfectly to help understand the daily lessons and really pull the knowledge all together. Especially when you take the time to utilize all of the given resources and put in some additional research of your own.

The Pathway Program helped me craft the version of my professional self that I've never been more proud of. My resume reads the best it ever has, my LinkedIn profile has given me access to effectively promoting myself to contacts all around the world, I nailed every interview I have taken since graduation, and I'm on the verge of starting with a great company that I was connected with through this program. A superb accompaniment to the tech lessons!
  • Dan Mess  User Photo
    Dan Mess • Apprentice Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My time at Tech Elevator was a very demanding but ultimately rewarding experience. We had three 4-week modules to introduce us to different aspects of web development, and then a two week final capstone group project to create an app with a team of 4 or 5. I left TE with a solid foundation to keep learning as I move through my new tech career and the confidence to know that I was capable of taking on big challenges and learning a lot of new material quickly.  Moreover, TE's emphasis on paired programming and the final group project means that I got really valuable exposure to what it's like to develop software as a team, which was incredible practice for my future career.

One of the biggest reasons I chose TE was because of their Career Pathway program, which walked me through creating my own unique elevator pitch, making and maintaining a LinkedIn profile, making and refining a tech resume, and interview skills (intro interview, tech interview, and behavioral interview). What was especially valuable was having mock interviews of every type with feedback afterwards. The Pathway program also brought in several employers a week so that we could learn about their companies and begin to build an idea of what kind of company we wanted to work for and make a wishlist of prospective employers.  Pathway culminated in two days of matchmaking interviews where we had 7-8 thirty minute interviews with employers looking to hire entry-level developers.

I was one of the fortunate people who actually got notice of an intent to offer before I graduated! I'd done a matchmaking interview with my #1 pick, and they then moved forward with me in the interview process in my last two weeks of camp. I got an email from them the Friday that I was slated to graduate, asking to meet with me Monday to present a job offer. I graduated, met with them the next Monday, and then accepted my new job that Tuesday.  About a third of my class had offers before graduating, almost all of them from employers they'd met during matchmaking. And I know a lot more of us were in ongoing interviewing processes when we graduated.

I'd recommend TE to anyone who can truly dedicate themselves to the program for its 14 week time span. Like everything else in life, you get out of it what you put in.
  • Dennis Paskel  User Photo
    Dennis Paskel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you're reading this review there's a good chance you're considering a career change and weighing your options. What coding bootcamp is the best option for me? Should I make a career change? What if I'm unsuccessful? These questions and more are all perfectly valid. I know I asked myself these questions off and on for two years, before finally taking the leap of faith. My only regret was not making the decision to join Tech Elevator sooner.

TIPS FOR SUCCESS
    There's plenty of information about the curriculum online so I won't talk about that in detail. What I will say is that it will teach you enough of what you need to know to begin your career as a software developer in just 14 weeks, but you will only get out of it what you put into it.

Read your textbook, especially the section you will be covering in lecture, the day before. It will help you understand and digest the lecture material. Pair programming is important, and a great way to learn, however, if you quickly rely on other classmates to solve problems you are having, you will only rob yourself of a valuable learning experience. Part of becoming a great developer is being able to work as a team in a collaborative environment, but equally important is experimenting, asking yourself questions, reading documentation, and applying what you've learned in the daily homework assignments.

Be prepared to put in long hours. You're making an investment in yourself. Strive to complete all homework assignments on time, and earn yourself that "3." A 3 is the highest grade you can earn on an assignment. Occasionally, you will be given optional tasks that have no grade, complete them anyway. This is a great way to help solidify what you've learned. Generally, I dedicated the hours of 9am-8pm to learning (M-F), Saturday I'd spend the majority of the day finishing up a review assignment, reading for Monday's lecture, or working on a side project/tutorial.

Which brings me to my next point. Don't just make this a career, make it a hobby. Find a passion project and begin working on it. When it comes time to interview, employers appreciate if you have a project you can elaborate on.

Speak up in class and participate in lecture. Ask questions, have an open dialogue with your instructor, ask them to elaborate more if you need clarification. Your instructor is there to see you succeed, and no one will judge you. Chances are if you're thinking of the question, someone else in your class is wondering the same thing.

Don't compare yourself to others. People learn at different paces, and there might be an area you struggle in, but you will also find an area you excel in. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

Participate in Pathway events and do everything you're asked of by your Pathway Program Director. This is key to getting set up with a professional resume catered to your new career field, landing interviews, doing well on those interviews, and receiving job offers. After all, you're not just here to learn. You're here to begin a new career.

In these Pathway events, employers will come in to discuss their company, their culture, their mission, and offer advice. Pay attention to these employers as many of them will return for matchmaking, and you'll have a chance to select the ones you'd like to interview with. In my experience there were 10 employers who came out for matchmaking. I was able to choose 4, and met with 5.

Some people will receive job offers before graduation, some people will receive offers soon after graduation, and others within a couple months. Everyone is different and what's important is to not lose hope, you will hear this over and over again, but "trust the process." In my case I was sent a coding challenge from a matchmaking employer. From there I was scheduled a series of interviews on one day that ran from 8:30am - Noon, and received a job offer the following day.

I graduated from Tech Elevator on April 16 and had a conditional offer of employment the morning of April 21st for a full-time developer position. If you want to make a change in your life then take initiative and make a difference. If you're considering that career change, then deep down you already know what you want to do. It's okay to be afraid, but there's a reason why over 94% of tech elevator graduates find employment in the industry within 6 months (more like less than 3 months), the program works. All you have to do is put in the time and effort.
  • Julia Plebanski  User Photo
    Julia Plebanski • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    4 months ago I graduated from OSU with a degree in biology.  I realized that I didn't want to pursue a career in research or medicine so I started exploring my options. I was instantly drawn to coding, and I started researching bootcamps in the Columbus area around November.

That's when a friend recommended Tech Elevator to me. He knew someone that went through the program and landed an amazing developer job, so I decided to check it out. I read countless reviews on Course Report about Tech Elevator and thought there was no way what people were saying is true, it can't be this awesome.

TRUST ME, IT IS THAT AWESOME.

When I was deciding whether to join the cohort in January I spoke to Maddy Miller, the admissions coordinator, and she was insanely kind and helpful while working with me throughout the admissions process. She connected me to numerous funding resources as well as scholarships which was very helpful. I also interviewed with and spoke to Vinny Sanfillipo, the director of the Columbus campus, who is a super upbeat, highly energetic, and positive guy.

Once I was enrolled in the cohort I had to quit my job and get started on the prework on the laptop Tech Elevator provides for you. For 2-3 weeks before the cohort start date, I worked on the prework and got to know some of my classmates.

Once the cohort actually started, I can't say enough good things. The structure of having lecture 9am-1pm Monday-Friday and working on exercises/reviewing material for the rest of the day was extremely helpful. My instructor, Steve Carmichael, kept class engaging, fun, and knew how to explain concepts to people with little to no programming experience. Steve as well as my TA, Kevin Toes, were always quick to help students with any issues they are having with homework or concepts from class at any time of the day.

Outside of class, the Pathway Program was extremely helpful. The biggest event they put on is around week 10-11 of the cohort called Matchmaking. Various employers come in to have first round interviews with students. I believe in my cohort the average number of interviews set up per student was 6,-7. Through matchmaking I was able to land multiple second and third rounds interviews, and ended up taking a job offer from one of the companies 3 weeks before the cohort even ended!

Overall, Tech Elevator was the best decision I have ever made. The people are so welcoming, encouraging, and positive, the content learned lined up well with industry demands, and the pathway program connected me to my first job in software development! I can't wait to see where my career in software development goes and I am forever grateful for Tech Elevator.
  • Chris McAfee  User Photo
    Chris McAfee • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Awesome program that prepared me to get a job in 13 weeks

This program was 14 weeks long and while I wished we could've learned more in that time, I think Tech Elevator did a great job of teaching me the skills I needed to get started in a software developer role upon graduation.

Brief overview of coursework/curriculum:
    Weeks 1-4 (module 1) we learned about object oriented programming using C# (or Java). Weeks 5-8 (module 2) we learned about SQL databases and API's. Weeks 9-12 (module 3) we learned html, css, javascript, and vue. Essentially, weeks 1-8 were backend focused and 9-12 were frontend focused.

At the end of each module, we had paired programming projects that utilized what we had been learning during that module. At the end of module 1, my partner and I built vending machine software, using what we had learned about object oriented programming. At the end of module 2, my partner and I built venmo-like software, utilizing our knowledge on object oriented programming, SQL databases, and API's/MVC software design pattern. At the end of module 3, weeks 13-14, we built a web application (as a group of 4 or 5 people) utilizing everything we had learned. My team built a web-app that would generate a random workout for a user, and would also allow trainers to add/edit/delete workouts in the database.

As far as technical skills go, Tech Elevator did a great job in helping me to build my programming knowledge, which made me feel confident when it came to doing technical interviews with potential employers.

This leads me into another aspect of the program which Tech Elevator calls the 'Pathway Program'. During the 14 weeks in the Tech Elevator program, I would have 1 or 2 (sometimes more) meetings with Tech Elevator's career coaches. They helped me to focus on building my elevator pitch, resume, and LinkedIn profile. We would consistently practice our elevator pitches, look over our resumes and LinkedIn profiles so that we felt comfortable speaking about our past and current experiences. We also had several behavioral and technical mock interviews, which really helped me to gage how interviews would go with potential employers. Additionally, because Tech Elevator has great relationships with local employers, we were able to do 30 minute interviews with several different (well known) employers as a part of Tech Elevator's Matchmaking Events (during weeks 12-14, I believe). I had interviews with seven different employers from the Matchmaking Events (I didn't have to seek out and apply anywhere, although Tech Elevator did recommend I do that on top of having these interviews). Luckily for me, I was offered a couple different developer positions during the Matchmaking Events and accepted a role as a Software Developer during my 13th week of the program!

Overall, I feel that my experience attending Tech Elevator's 14 week program was well worth my investment in time and money. And now in my first role as a software developer, while I am experiencing 'imposter syndrome' a bit, I'm confident I will do well because Tech Elevator taught me the foundational skills I need and I now know how to learn new programming languages and concepts.
  • Olga Plaksina  User Photo
    Olga Plaksina • Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
           Reading alumni reviews of Tech Elevator was one of many reasons (along with my friend’s advice, curriculum, job placement rate, length of the program, virtual tour and particularly, diverse experience of instructors in the tech industry) I chose it over other IT bootcamps. So, it’s only fair if I contribute.
         Application process begins with an aptitude test, followed up by an interview and another aptitude test. The tests are based on logic and don’t require previous coding experience. Before classes begin Tech Elevator sends a few coding exercise recommendations such as start learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript focusing on concepts like if...then, loops, arrays. FreeCode and Codewars were listed as starting points. Cohort 7 (which is 8th) had 53-54 students (was debatable), 2 Java classes and 1 NET, 4 instructors and 2 academic fellows. Laptop with all needed installed software is provided.
         It’s important to prepare financially and mentally for 3 fascinating and challenging months. There are quite a few financing options listed on the TE website, I used Hebrew Free Loan Association loan for a portion of tuition.
       The whole program is divided into 3 Modules and at the end of each module it’s “capstone project” o’clock and it’s thrilling, because applying received knowledge into a real application is incredible and sometimes frustrating, too. In-between the capstones students are exposed to the new information every day about languages and frameworks such as Java, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, JavaScript, Vu.js. I found ebook extremely helpful and logically structured. Along with coding skills education Tech Elevator introduces a Pathway program that assists  students in writing resumes, creating LinkedIn profile, interview preparation, matchmaking. Students are encouraged to collaborate on homework assignments and develop teamwork skills. It was great to work with so many intelligent individuals on different projects. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of networking events with other Tech Elevator campuses and representatives from various companies. My only complaint would be the fact that everything was remote, because TE campus looks so captivating, but I blame 2020.
        I felt prepared going to job interviews, I accepted a job offer from AHN and soon it will be one month in my new role. Among some languages and frameworks I never used before are Angular, SQL Server and PHP. There is definitely a learning curve, but adsorbing a new coding language is so much easier now. A few more words about me… I have 11 years of work experience, mostly in customer service, in various companies, but I’ve always wanted more from my career. I made attempts to program on BASIC when I was 10, but it didn’t go too far. The same year my favorite video game was American McGee’s Alice on Windows, so maybe that was the reason. That was it with my software skills for a long time. I was using R, R Studio and Tableau shortly when I was getting my MBA. I was planning to get a job in Data/Business Analytics area. When pandemic started, all internships I was hoping for were delayed or cancelled and meanwhile I decided to build up my tech skills. But after tons of research I couldn’t decide if I should learn SQL or Python or something else and how. Even though getting into bootcamp just to know how to work with databases might seem extreme, but I've always been a type of person who enjoys learning new things and starting with fundamental principles would make the most sense for me, because it resonates with my experience of learning a new language: understanding the grammar is the first step, practicing building sentences and memorizing new words is the second one. Needless to mention that my perception about programming completely changed. I made it my career, not an additional expertise. Problem-solving skills and desire to get things accomplished are able to get you very far.
         And last, but not least, I want to thank amazing, knowledgeable and caring instructors for continuous 12-weeks brain torture and along with campus director, Pathway director, admission coordinator and academic fellows for their time and incredible support through the program. I felt that each of them was interested in my success and was willing to help me grow. They are constantly encouraging students to reach out and ask questions and/or just vent about the intensity of the program. They are also willing to enhance learning experience, so they frequently ask your opinion about the process and are investing in improving it. They continue to support you after the graduation day for up to 6 months and are doing everything they can to help you land a job. Big shoutout to Tom, Tom, Beth, Walt, Jennifer, Ellen, Stephen, Marissa, Jacob, Eric! I wouldn’t do it without you!

• Colin Mahan  User Photo
    Colin Mahan • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    There was nothing scarier than leaving a full time job with full benefits during Covid to try and change my career for the better. But it was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The course was intense yet very interesting. The instructors were always willing to take the time to help you out whether it be with homework, capstone projects, or even technical mock interviews. The pathway program was extremely helpful in getting an offer after graduating. The pathway directors were always there to help and lend an ear throughout the job search process. They definitely made it less stressful. I cannot thank everyone at Tech Elevator enough!
  • Alex Wadner  User Photo
    Alex Wadner • Application Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is the real deal, folks! Attending this program was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It is run by people who genuinely care about helping you and will do everything they can to do so. TE has the curriculum down to a science. They know what you need to know and how to teach it. The lectures do a good job at covering concepts through ample explanation and examples. The homework is effective at drilling concepts so that they start to become automatic. Their textbook is a great resource and really helped me grasp the concept before learning it in class the next day. I had a phenomenal teacher who was incredibly knowledgable, patient, kind, and cultivated a great learning environment where asking questions was always encouraged. Additionally, there were two academic advisors that were always around if you needed help, more explanation, or anything else. There was never a shortage of support.

This program is really two-fold. The coding/technical education happens simultaneously with the professional skills education - the Pathway Program. This is one of the main reasons behind why I chose Tech Elevator. The Pathway Program prepared us for everything - how to make a killer resume and LinkedIn profile, how to talk to recruiters, how to interview, how to apply to jobs, and much more. It also hosts employer showcases, alumni events, and Q&A’s with professionals in the field. Then there's Matchmaking, a day towards the end of the program where you are set up with multiple back-to-back interviews with several companies looking to hire junior developers.

I honestly don't have much in the way of criticisms of the program. It met and exceeded by very high expectations. One of the things that strikes me the most about this organization as a whole is how invested they are into your success. I always felt incredibly supported. By the way, that doesn’t end after the bootcamp ends - they are there to help you for up to six months afterwards with mock technical interviews, advice, and job leads. I felt very prepared going into my job interviews because of everything I learned there. And it paid off for me - by the time I graduated, I had already accepted a job offer.

It bears mentioning that this is not an easy endeavor. It's one of the most challenging things I've ever done. You won’t have a life while you’re doing this. I barely saw my fiancee, let alone my friends or family. It’s intense, and I was working 60+ hours a week for 14 weeks. You will lean hard on your love for coding to keep you going. You will be so exhausted by the end, but you’ll learn so much about yourself and meet so many awesome people. Trust me when I say IT’S WORTH IT!

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.