tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (401) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • It's Worth It
    - 8/12/2021
    Advait Redkar  User Photo
    Advait Redkar • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You get out what you put in to Tech Elevator. The whole team is dedicated to helping you start a new career in the tech field, and the support doesn't end when you graduate. It's fast paced and intense, but if it wasn't, they probably wouldn't call it bootcamp. Making connections with staff and fellow classmates is a fun experience as well. I accepted a job offer during the final week of the program, with a significant jump in income compared to my previous workplace. I should also mention I do not have any sort of degree---something I was worried about prior to starting, but if I can land a job without, anyone can (provided they put in the work).
  • Elysia Webb  User Photo
    Elysia Webb • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I put all my eggs into the Tech Elevator "basket", and it really paid off. Scholarship opportunities do exist, though they seem to be distributed unevenly by which campus you plan on attending, and I was fortunate to get one. The bootcamp was really fast-paced and intense. I was stressed out a lot, but I pushed through. Happy to say that with two weeks left in the bootcamp, I accepted a job offer making significantly more than I was pre-Tech Elevator. I ended up with two offers in total and withdrew from the final round of interviews with two other companies. I think about half of my cohort will have an offer in hand on graduation day, but staff will support and coach you post-graduation for six months while you look.
  • Julia Engman  User Photo
    Julia Engman • Engineer 1 • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I don't have too much to say about Tech Elevator besides that they're the real deal. Their stellar instructors who will be available until late hours to help with capstone projects, their pathway program which truly preps you to be star interviewer and just the culture of being surrounded by peers and facility who want this for you as much as you do.
    I stared my journey with computer science 7 years ago and I at points tried to give up because completing 4 year degree didn't seem possible for me. I took the plunge and applied to Tech Elevator's National Live Remote Cohort in January of this year. Just today I accepted an offer with a base salary over double anything I have ever made in my life to work for my dream company in my dream field.
    I remember reading these reviews 6 months ago with starry eyes barely daring to dream this could be possible, but Tech Elevator helped make it possible.
    If you're willing to risk it on a full time boot camp to get into the field of your dreams then Tech Elevator is the program you should trust.

My only two honest criticisms is the mock technical interviews could be harder (but please note for entry level, many companies weigh your behavioral responses infinitely more than what you already happen to know technically. I did not even have a proper technical interview or coding challenge for the position I accepted.) and while the remote campus is convenient, your employment outcome is heavily impacted by where you live. If you do the remote campus please meter your expectations for employment outcomes based on the tech market where you live and if you are open to relocation.
    This is not magic or a get rich quick scheme. Everyone with these stellar outcomes worked incredibly hard and had aptitude that employers could recognize.
  • Ron Fleming  User Photo
    Ron Fleming • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Tech Elevator offers an all-around excellent program. It is intense, particularly during the final 4-5 weeks, when job search activity peaks and coincides with critical instruction and the final capstone. But the dedication of the staff across the board is impressive, and the quality of support they offer throughout is top notch.
  • Jason Coffman  User Photo
    Jason Coffman • Java Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience with Tech Elevator was great! I would recommend becoming familiar with the basic concepts for the different languages you will learn, just because it is such a fast paced course. If you're dedicated to learning code and enjoy friendly instructors that will take the time to work with you, even after hours, then I highly recommend this bootcamp!
  • Diya Loveson  User Photo
    Diya Loveson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Background:
     I have a degree in Computer Science and Engineering and also worked as a software engineer in Accenture, India for 5 years (2007 - 2012) in a very cool technology called SAP PI. I came to the US on a dependent visa in 2012 which meant I had no eligibility to work here. I also had some personal reasons to take a break at the same time so it kind of worked. I finally got my work permit in Dec 2017 and I tried to get back into the same technology but found it very hard owing to the gap I had and also because SAP PI had advanced so much in those years. For a while, I kept trying in the same domain but finally decided to switch paths. I applied for Business Analyst and Testing roles but still had no luck. I heard of TE but having been a stay at home mom for 9 years, I felt under confident to go back to coding. But I also knew I had to do something hard if I wanted to change my life.

Early days:
    My coding background definitely helped me get through the overwhelming curriculum. I also had two kids ( K and 3rd grade doing cyber school) to manage. If you are new to tech, you have to start preparing in advance to be most successful. New topics are learnt everyday and there is homework ( academic and pathway) to be done on weekends as well so knowledge of some topics in advance would make things less stressful.

Curriculum, Instructor and class mates:
    The curriculum is brilliant - it would essentially teach you to solve problems so that you can navigate even if you end up in a different technology. My instructor Walt was the epitome of patience, knowledge and a gentle nurturer - being his student was life changing. Now I know how great teacher look like!  All of my classmates were amazing in their attitude, willingness to learn and help others and the desire to succeed in life. I have picked up so many things in addition to tech-know-how from this course!

Pathway:
    I realized why I couldn't crack my previous interviews after all the lessons we were taught in Pathway! I was doing it all wrong! Stephen and Ellen genuinely cares for the students and puts in so much effort perfecting our pitches, resume, LinkedIn etc. They really make you ready by week 10 so that you know how to answer STAR questions and put your best foot forward. Honestly, I can't recommend this course enough!

This boot camp is just mind blowing for its curriculum, the amazing and dedicated staff and the outstanding people you will get to meet! Go for it!

• Truly Elevating
    - 6/15/2021
    Melanie Anderson  User Photo
    Melanie Anderson • DevOps Associate Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As someone nervous about switching career paths entirely, Tech Elevator really helped me thrive on my new journey. I felt like the information learned at Tech Elevator is extremely relevant to the current development world and the way in which the material was introduced was very digestible for someone with little to no programming background. The most evident attribute made clear to me throughout the whole program is that Tech Elevator is passionate about having their graduates succeed. They want you to find a job ASAP after their program and they help you to get there by providing whatever resources they can. If you invest 100% into the program you will get every benefit out of it and they will help you achieve those goals. The staff is absolutely excellent. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable, the pathway directors are a wealth of support and the entire team clearly wants you to succeed. The remote setting was still very engaging and well structured and the networking opportunities are invaluable. I took another bootcamp upon landing my first job and it became evident to me how much better the Tech Elevator environment and instructors were from that bad experience. The only slight negative for me personally was that being located on the West Coast, the Tech Elevator network has not quite expanded as much to my area. They are really established in the mid-west and have excellent connections there. However, they are branching out and with the shift to a more remote/online work environment, opportunities are easier to find all over the country.

If you are seriously considering a shift into the development world you should absolutely apply to Tech Elevator, I know I'm glad I did.

• Ben Williams  User Photo
    Ben Williams • Technical Support Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    For several years I had been interested in learning how to code, and I was introduced to Tech Elevator by a childhoold friend who was the then Campus Director. She called me to see if my current employer would be interested in hiring junior devs, however that department wasn't in Cincinnati. In any case, she was able to give me great insight on the program, and I trusted her since we went way back. When circumstances finally aligned I applied and was accepted (I actually applied twice and was accepted twice, but timing didn't line up the first time).

I can't say enough good things about the training. I felt they did a really great job even though we were still in the midst of the pandemic and everything was remote.

After graduation the pandemic was still going and I felt like I was slugging through the hiring process without much success. However, I met regularly with my Pathway Director who helped me continue to tweak my resume, update my LinkedIn and offer her expertise with my job hunt. She also continued to match me with prospective employers when the opportunity would arise. And, finally it happened. I got an offer about 5 months after graduation.

I come from a sales background, and I understand the importance of delivering on the expectations that I would set for new customers. Tech Elevator certainly delivered on the expectations they set.

Finally, I know people from my class who still haven't gotten a job in tech. They make up that small percentage of people who it doesn't happen for in six months, but I feel pretty confortable in saying that it isn't for a lack of effort on Tech Elevator's part. Tech Elevator has the curriculum and the support to help people transition in to tech; all that is required from you is effort!
  • Mohiuddin Kader  User Photo
    Mohiuddin Kader • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    last 4-5 years I was trying to join the coding world - never had proper training -- after that, the best decision I took is to join Tech Elevator. They just didn't teach me coding but the way it's used in real-life jobs.  Perfect course structure in Covid timing -- I was doing National Live Remote - but I never felt that it's an online course - from Sococo to slack - my instructor Andy Chong Sam is always there for us even late at late evening. I also like to thank Margaret Green for covering all my needs. Besides learning, I also had great advice on job preparation from Peggy. And after graduation now I got an offer and I will join there in June 2021. It's like dream come true and thank Tech Elevator for that.
  • Geoff Brown  User Photo
    Geoff Brown • Test Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm pleased to say that two weeks after graduating from Tech Elevator in April 2021 I was offered and accepted a job testing the software for the infotainment systems in vehicles at Honda R&D Marysville. If it weren't for Tech Elevator I would never have had this opportunity. My family and I could not be happier with my decision. If you're considering attending Tech Elevator but have some questions, keep reading to see what I thought of my experience. Spoiler-alert: It was the best decision I've ever made for my career.

Throughout my adult life I was in and out of college, never really knowing what I wanted to do. I failed time and time again pursuing a degree so I decided to put that on hold and advance my career in the food service industry. I learned a lot, and earned a living wage, but I wanted more for myself and my family. I wanted options in what career I could pursue, and what companies I could apply to. I wanted to challenge myself to complete something difficult, but worthwhile. So after 14 years serving food and managing restaurants I decided to take a complete 180 and move into the tech industry, and that started at Tech Elevator.

I had a few options to choose from for coding bootcamps, but I landed on Tech Elevator for a few reasons. For one, the graduation and job placement rates were impressive (and yes, they are accurate). Being a father of 3 meant I needed to find a good job fast after graduation, and Tech Elevator provided that through their unique pathway program. Starting in the application process to Tech Elevator, before you even attend your first lecture, you meet with a pathway director to discuss your goals and see if the bootcamp is a good fit for you. Throughout the program you are given hands-on help with writing your resume, crafting your elevator pitch (a 45 second mini-speech on who you are and what you bring to the table for prospective companies), and building your LinkedIn profile. You also get to meet future employers in group settings, and in real, one-on-one interviews. I had 7 interviews before the program was over, and I know many of my classmates had job offers even before graduation, it's not uncommon! To top it all off, they will support you officially for up to 6 months after you graduate (but unofficially for as long as you need their help).

Another reason I chose Tech Elevator is because their name is respected in the tech industry. Almost every single employer I talked with said that they keep coming back to Tech Elevator because they've hired high quality candidates from their graduate pool in the past. Simply being a graduate of Tech Elevator will help you get your foot in the door because employers know that it takes a person who is driven to learn and succeed to complete the bootcamp, and at the end of the day that's what matters in the tech industry.

One fear I had going into it was if I could even finish the bootcamp. My track record with school hadn't been great, and this was an entirely new industry for me. Fortunately, the curriculum has been masterfully built. You learn a lot of content at break-neck speed, but every concept builds on what you've learned so far. It just works. Not to mention the instructors are all experts in the field.

The last thing I want to say is that what blew me away most, besides the amazing pathway program, and the phenomenal curriculum, was the dedication of the staff at Tech Elevator. Everyone from the administrators, to the directors, to the instructors and their assistants were available whenever you needed them (even most nights and weekends!) to help you with anything. It could be help with a coding assignment, or even if you just need an ear to talk to when you're feeling overwhelmed. The program is indeed hard, but the support available and offered to you is out of this world.
  • Lindsay Leigh  User Photo
    Lindsay Leigh • UI/UX Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I cannot recommend Tech Elevator enough! It was one of the best decisions I made for myself. As a 30-something, college graduate, I found myself in unfulfilling work, unrelated to my studies, and not happy with my salary. I felt stuck since the jobs I felt I did qualify for, I really wasn’t interested in applying for. I knew I needed to find something I could see myself doing longterm and I knew it would require me to learn a valuable skill. I started learning to code on my own and I knew right away that this was the path I should be taking, so I decided to hit the fast forward button and enroll in Tech Elevator.  Fourteen weeks later, I was interviewing with my top pick, and I now am set to start a job there next week.

Reflecting on my time at Tech Elevator, not only did I learn so much, I met a lot of great people along the way. I know I have made lifelong friends as well as have built a strong network. My instructor, Walt, is an amazing teacher and his patience and knowledge are incomparable! Ellen, Stephen, and Jennifer are amazing mentors when it comes to learning how to market yourself to potential employers and they truly care about everyone finding success after the cohort. I really can’t say enough about all of the staff at the Pittsburgh Campus!

My recommendation for anyone considering doing a bootcamp, is to do your research. I chose Tech Elevator because of their Pathway Program and their strong job placement rate and they did not disappoint. The curriculum is amazing too. They jam pack a lot of stuff in those 14 weeks and the process of learning and then implementing what you learn in smaller homework problems and then compounding it into bigger capstone projects really helps solidify everything. I would also recommend learning some coding on your own prior to starting, to make sure this is something you truly enjoy and also to prepare for the intensity of the bootcamp. Tell your friends and family you are going to be super busy, and maybe give your house a deep cleaning before you start! You may not have time for anything else, but that’s ok! It’s a small sacrifice for what you will get in the end.

My foremost advice for anyone considering Tech Elevator is: what are you waiting for? You can do this! It will be hard, but making a change and putting yourself out there rarely ever isn’t hard. If you really want to make this change and are willing to put in the time and effort, DO IT!

• Just Do It
    - 5/20/2021
    Jareth Antona  User Photo
    Jareth Antona • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overview
    Simply put, choosing Tech Elevator as your coding bootcamp will be the best decision you can make in your life IF and ONLY IF you are ready to live and breathe code and put in the work. I usually dedicated my hours between 9am-9pm, with a few breaks sprinkled in between, to the coursework. By the end of the program, I was offered a job as a software engineer for a really awesome company. Tech Elevator is a program that works and I am living proof that you can become a software developer after going through a coding bootcamp.

Coursework
    So, how hard is it? Very hard, but also very doable! The coursework is intended to be extremely challenging and is not for the faint of heart. Everyday you are held accountable in attending lectures, completing everyday assignments, passing daily quizzes, and reading the textbook. If I had one piece of advice for you, aim to understand everything and see how everything connects. In the end, if you are able to explain what you learned to a 6-year old, then you understand it! I can tell you from experience that it is very tempting to complete an assignment quickly, hand it in, and call it a day and have a margarita or play some video games. DO NOT do that. Establish good habits as early as possible! The real assignment is not completed until YOU understand the material. A lot of my time spent during Tech Elevator was doing a lot of focused self-studying trying to make concepts that don't make sense actually make sense. My self-studying included watching recorded lectures, reading the textbook, and even breaking my code just so I can fix it up again. Software development, in my opinion, is as abstract as it gets and it requires a level of thinking that our brain is just not used to. Studying hard and being able to fully grasp the material will pay off tremendously when it is time for technical interviews and take-home coding assignments. You will get to that point eventually! Once you are there, you cannot fake your way through a technical interview. You have to be prepared. Tech Elevator, however, will make sure that you are prepared. Just remember to put in the time and effort.

Pathway
    The other side of the Tech Elevator curriculum is their pathway program. Pathway is the term used to describe their “career preparation” side of the curriculum. Unlike other bootcamps, pathway events are mandatory and you are held accountable to attending all pathway meetings. You will learn and master soft skills in crafting clean elevator pitches, knowing what to say and what not to say in an interview, developing your "personal brand", and much more. Learning all the technical information is one thing, but the other (in my opinion, more important) thing is being able to present yourself warmly to employers. The Pathway staff will be there with you every step of the way.

Conclusion
    By the end of the program, you would have multiple assignments completed, have proficiencies in important areas of full stack web development, have skills necessary to smash your interviews and, above all else, have a super supportive network of Tech Elevator staff. I always like to say that if you WANT to become a developer, you WILL become a developer. When times get tough, remind yourself why you joined Tech Elevator in the first place. Keep the same drive you had in Day 1 throughout the bootcamp and I promise you things will turn out great in the end. But also, aside from dedicating nearly every waking hour to the bootcamp, remember to take breaks! Both long and short! Power naps and the pomodoro method helped me tremendously in managing my focus throughout the day and I think it can help you too.

Happy coding, and good luck!

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.