tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (397) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
    - 8/15/2019
    Zach • Student

TLDR: Best decision you could make if you're interested in programming and are sure you can commit to a fast-paced and challenging program. Try t

The parts of Tech Elevator that I thought were most useful were the great instructing staff who were available to help every day during working hours and even sometimes afterwards if you had questions about homework assignments or projects. Every instructor/teaching staff member has lots of experience and they are very patient with students (even those who are brand new to programming). Aside from the actual academics, the instructors frequently provide great career advice and guidance. Each offers a unique experience and you get to speak with each one many times throughout the cohort.

The Tech Elevator Pathway program was also very useful. At the very beginning it's hard to know exactly how much this program will help you but after a couple weeks you start to realize how seriously they take placing students into jobs and how much effort and time is put into helping us navigate the tech job search process. They help you write resumes, give presentations about yourself and your experience, create a solid online presence, teach you how to network, and so many more skills. I'd say half the value in Tech Elevator is preparing you in this area and holding you accountable for taking the necessary steps to secure a job.

Last thought: Come in prepared. Do the pre-work and then do more preparation. If you're in a Java or .Net class make sure to spend a good week learning the bare basics of that language on your own. It makes things much easier when you get into your third week and already have a base level understanding of the material. Also, reviewing version control (aka git & github/bitbucket systems) will make your life so much easier. This program is easily as intense as an entire college semester (probably more so) so it's good to come in ready to go. 11/10. Would reccomend to anybody!

• Ahmed N Ahmed • Software Engineer • Graduate

Coming from a computer science background, I had basic experience in coding but I was not able to get exposure and get a job on my own until I joined Tech Elevator. I did research on local bootcamps and ended up attending open house for couple of them including Tech Elevator. I found that Tech Elevator was by far the best for it's placement record, the quality of the curriculum, experience of the instructors and the commitment of the staff. I joined Tech Elevator in fall of 2018, and to be honest it was the best and timely decision I have ever made in my life.

During the 14 weeks of the rigorous program, there was ups and downs, but handling the stress and keeping on was very vital. we learned end to end Java software development which includes mini capstone projects for every module that we finish and one final capstone project at the end of the program. Our instructor Brian was a very humble and very experienced instructor with over 20 years of industry experience. The way he delieverd the subject was very amazing and the effort he did to help  everyone and his availability was extraordinary.

One of my favourite part of the program was the Pathway Program. It is a career service program led and delivered by a committed and professional members of the staff. Pathway program has helped me to identify my strengths and weaknesses, develop my communication, networking and interview skills. By the end of the cohort I was confidently expressing myself and talk about my skills and was able to land a job 5 days before our graduation.

Finally, I would recommend everyone interested in coding career to checkout Tech Elevator and you will not regret your decision.  it's worth it.

• Ryan Rugh • Associate Software Developer • Student

About 4 months ago, I remember going through these reviews and wondering if I was making the right decision to attend Tech Elevator. To be honest, I almost backed out a week before the cohort started because I wasn't sure if Tech Elevator could deliver on it's job placement/salary statistics (By the way, Tech Elevator does not guarantee a job, but 91% job placement is pretty damn good). Fast-forward to present time, I'm graduated, employed, and have a higher salary than anyone in my family has seen.

Prior to Tech Elevator, I had never seen a line of code before. In fact, I didn't know much about technology besides what I needed to get by. That may have caused me to have to put a little more time in to understand basic concepts, such as how the internet works, but it definetly didn't make the bootcamp impossible. With that said, Tech Elevator was the most intense learning experience I have gone through. You have to be fully committed to the program. If you are not, there is really no reason to waste your time, money, and effort. At the same time, I don't know of any other programs that can take someone from 0 tech experience to thriving software developer in 14 weeks.

The staff that you get at Tech Elevator are unbelievable. It's rare to get an entire team that invests themselves into you as much as the TE staff. The student's workload is intense, but you can take heart in knowing that your instructors and the career pathway team are working equally as hard to ensure your success. I believe its what separates Tech Elevator from any other bootcamp. Whenever they say that they do not succeed unless you succeed, it's more than just words. They practice what they preach, and all the current and future success I have will be owed to them. I could not have made a better decision for my life.

• Amazing
    - 4/30/2019
    Previous tech sales professional, new Applications Developer! • Developer, IT Applications • Student

i enjoyed every second of Tech Elevator, I went through the Columbus campus for Java and it is very intense, you’ll be there very late for many days of the week but if you love to code then it’s all fun. There will also be weekend commitments too so be prepared for all that time that needs to be spent there. Having a job is not recommended, this is more than a full time job to learn programming and apply your skills. I met great new friends who are also interested in development and great mentors who are basically wizards of development. You’ll learn all that you need to become a junior level developer. Again, make sure to be committed the learning is fast paced. You’ll also learn about what it takes to find a job and they will help you to build a network and become connected with people who are hiring. The instructors are truly committed to the students as well often answering questions until very late at night or coding something new as a learning example for us when they are at home after work. My biggest fear was that employers would look down on this route of learning but if anything it shows that you’re willing and able to learn very quickly and tech is always changing so they need people who want to keep growing. Employers I interview with are impressed with what I’ve learned and the work I’ve been able to complete in such a short span of time. Tech Elevator in particular is also connected to many large employers in Columbus, so it is nice to take advantage of their connections. I am only a week and a half out of the program and I now have two job offers with great companies. I can’t wait to start coding and building applications as a career and I most definitely have Tech Elevator to thank.

• A Great Decision
    - 2/21/2019
    Corey Jansen • Consultant (Software Developer) • Graduate

I had a Bachelors in Computer Science and was struggling to find a tech job for years. Through Tech Elevator I brought my tech skills up to date and, more importantly, taught me how to market myself to employers. Additionally, Tech Elevator has built up a network of hiring partners that you won't find at a college. I now make $65K / year, which is a lot better than the $30K I was making at Walmart.

• Worth Every Penny
    - 2/11/2019
    William • Lawrence • Graduate

Tech Elevator Review

Originally, I didn’t want to go to a boot camp to learn software development. I thought that it sounded way to good to be true. So I decided to take some computer science classes and teach myself. The code that I was writing at school wasn’t what any jobs were looking for, and I kept getting turned down for entry level positions and even internships.

I talked with a CEO of a tech company in the Cleveland area, and she said that if I wanted to be a developer, then I should consider boot camps more seriously. I did my research about Tech Elevator, and it all seemed too good to be true. But after a lot of unhappiness with the path I was on, I decided to take the leap and enroll.

I could not be happier with my decision. Before I go into the details, I want to get to the bottom line. I went from making close to nothing to making over 60k. Not only am I good at what I do, but the skills that I have learned were exactly what I needed to excel in my role. But even more than that I am respected because of my skills. I had multiple offers before graduation, and I am happier now than ever before.

Now to get into the different aspects of the program.

The coursework has been created and refined over by professional developers. They know how to write readable code, and can teach you everything you need to start your career. They don’t hold your hand in the process because they want you to grow but, there are extensive resources if you need help, and collaboration is always encouraged.

You learn, in no particular order, the fundamentals of programming, database programming, version control, web programming, and security. It’s a lot, and they don’t skip very much. This makes the program intense, so you need to put in the work.

The learning is almost entirely project based, and that means that you are able to really learn instead of just doing what an instructor tells you. The final project is a two week sprint where you make an entire application following industry standards to really learn what it’s like to develop.

Career Coaching

The career coaching is worth the entire cost cost of the program. The person that helped us in our job search was a technical recruiter that knew what companies are looking for, and what you need to do to get hired. The help you craft and refine a resume, you work on elevator pitches, you have practice interviews (behavioral and technical), and you learn how to reach out to different companies and field applications.

Then you have matchmaking. This is where the real value comes from. After you spent weeks preparing, you get to have between 12 and 16 interviews with potential employers. This is where I got all my offers. You will get a ton of follow up interviews, and you have a signigicant chance of getting hired.

Other Aspects

I really want to take an opportunity to say that this place is special. They really care. It could so easily be a cash grab, but it’s not. They do every thing that they can to help you succeed. Even after you graduate, they provide constant support.

The last thing that I will say is that the program is not easy. You will have to put in the work. You will have to stay up late. You will drink way more coffee than you should. But if you listen the instructors, you will succeed.
  • Michael Markgraf • Software Developer • Graduate

I had been bouncing from job to dead-end job before I decided to go back to school for programming. I initially thought I’d have to go back to college for a bachelor or associate degree in computer science and was pretty bummed at the thought of someone my age (30) waiting 4 more years to start a real career. Fortunately, I heard about this boot camp.

14 weeks later I was hired as a consultant at a local firm here in Cincinnati, making more money and doing work that actually fulfilled and excited me.

I highly recommend this program for anyone who was never quite able to excel in traditional learning paths, or anyone seeking to quickly update their programming skills. Staff is HIGHLY competent and attentive, and gave me more than I needed to succeed.

• Alex • Software Developer • Graduate

I had a great experience as a student at Tech Elevator. Without them, I wouldn't have a job as a software developer, which hands down is the reason to do it. It's not cheap and it was *really* hard work, but I feel that it was worth every cent and every minute.

I was in the .NET class, and feel that was the best fit for me. My teacher was fantastic - he was very knowledgable and cared deeply about our success.

Beyond the actual return on investment aspect: It was fun! I now have a group of nerdy friends, and who doesn't want that?

• It's Worth It.
    - 1/18/2019
    Anthony Slack • Software Developer I • Graduate

Overall, Tech Elevator has been the best decision I have made regarding my personal career in my entire life up until this point. That might sound like hyperbole, but it's not. I had a minor amount of coding experience prior to attending. I made a few websites, tried developing some games, and was delivering pizzas to make ends meet.

Going to Tech Elevator was one heck of a grind. They aren't joking when they say that you have to give up whatever you're doing for 14 weeks and apply yourself fully. And if you do apply yourself, you'll get what you paid for, and then some.

Don't have coding experience? Don't worry about it. The classroom instruction is hands-on, personal, and goes step-by-step to ensure that you understand what you need to understand (learning how to ask good questions goes a long way, too). Don't have a college degree? Don't worry about that either. I didn't, and I succeeded regardless through hard work. Don't have discipline and the drive to better yourself every day? Well... maybe then you should look elsewhere. This program is the prime example of the addage "hard work pays off."

This program gets you ready for what the IT field will throw at you. You'll go from nodding along at meet-ups feeling deep over your head to asking meaningful questions in just a few weeks. If you pay attention and take good notes, technical interviews and whiteboarding are cake. Chris, Aaron, and David are brilliant instructors, and they turn the most abstract concepts into something comprehensible and manageable.

If someone had told me that I would be a full-stack developer today one year ago, I would have probably told them they were talking crazy. "Who, me? I'm just a pizza guy who thinks Java and Javascript are the same thing!" But now, the sky's the limit. If you apply yourself, you'll make it. No doubt about it.

And while the lectures teach you how to code, the Pathway Program teach you how to be a business professional. If you feel out of place during professional interviews, they'll iron that out of you as hard as you'll be ironing your shirts after having over ten interviews in three days during their Matchmaking event. The Pathway program goes over all the essential things you will need such as working with recruiters, building your personal brand, buffing out your resume, and more. Jessica Hall, you're a life-saver. The networking offered is top notch as well, with companies coming in to showcase themselves twice a week.

All in all, I couldn't recommend this program enough to someone looking to get into coding either as a new career, or as a career change. If you're reading all these reviews, you probably have what it takes. Go apply!

• Bryan Evans • Associate Software Engineer • Graduate

Deciding to change careers is the scariest thing in the world, especially when you have two young children and a mortgage to pay. I knew it was time to make a pivot in my life and Tech Elevator was there when I needed it the most. I had reached the peak in my previous career in the event industry and although it was fun while I was younger, now with a young family and no room to grow professionally I was in rut and needed a change.

I knew it was time in my life for a career change and I knew I wanted to enter the technology sector but didn't know how without going back to school full-time. I already had a degree with student loans and couldn't afford to go back to school full-time for 2-4 years. Enter Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator's, 14-week program, along with Skills Fund financing, was perfect for launching me into a new, challenging and rewarding career.

I checked out other coding bootcamps but when I came across Tech Elevator and their staff, I knew I was in the right hands. Everything at Tech Elevator is top notch. From their facilities and classrooms, to the instructors and every staff member. Everyone and everything there are geared to prepare you for a job as a software/web developer.

Let's start with the facilities... The classrooms are very well set up for a fun learning environment. The classes are small enough where everyone gets personal attention and no one is left behind. The "garage", meeting space and kitchen are all top notch, very welcoming and conducive to learning. No detail goes unnoticed and it was a real pleasure going to school every day.

How about the instructors and staff? The instructors, Josh, Frank and Craig, have been doing this a long time and get personal satisfaction from helping you learn and succeed. Every instructor is available after class for private tutoring sessions and is super helpful with any questions or problems you may have. They have all been in the industry and really know what they are teaching. They even tailor and change up the curriculum on the fly to fit the needs in the industry you will be entering. Even though, Kelly, the Pathway Director's main focus is to help you land a job she is always there to chat or just vent if you need to. Every staff member, including the Campus Director, Marty, and even the marketing team will do whatever they can to help you get a job as well. It really is a team effort at Tech Elevator and it shows. Although Tech Elevator does everything they can to help you get a job, ultimately it is up to you get a job and if you follow Tech Elevator's Pathway program and process you will be successful. If you put in the work, I can attest it will pay off.

I enrolled at Tech Elevator in September of 2018 and graduated in December 2018. I was in Josh's .Net class and am so glad I put in the work, stuck with it and never gave up or said I couldn't do it. I was there every day putting in the work and getting extra tutoring sessions in because I had to get a job as I had a family depending on me. Every instructor and staff member helped me along the way and was always there when/if I needed them.

There are two parts to Tech Elevator and they are both equally important. One is the curriculum and what you are learning in the classroom. The other is the Pathway Program (this is what really sets Tech Elevator above the competition). The Pathway program is all about giving you the tools and soft skills to help you land your first job in the technology field but also to help you have a long and successful career if you continue to use those skills. From resume building, to Employer Showcases all the way to Matchmaking, The Pathway Program is the crown jewel in Tech Elevator's hat. Every facet of the Pathway Program helped me and I didn't miss one Pathway event or task but ultimately the Matchmaking event that Tech Elevator holds at the end of the program is what helped me land me my dream job. Matchmaking lets you get face time with employers in the area that are actively hiring and lets you escape the resume hole. After Matchmaking, I received a call back for a second in person interview at the company’s HQ and after that and another phone interview I got a job offer! All my hard for paid off and I had a signed job offer a week before graduating Tech Elevator.

I'm currently a couple weeks into my new job and career and couldn't be happier. I'm at a great company with all the perks, I have an awesome manager, team and a bright future ahead of me. I wouldn't be where I am today without Tech Elevator and am so glad I took the plunge!

If you decide to go to Tech Elevator just remember this.. You will get out of it what you put into it. Put in the work, trust the process and you will be successful!

• Chris Karaplis • Web Developer • Graduate

Going to Tech Elevator was the best decision I've ever made. Starting off I was told "You get out what you put in.", and while that's true, 14 weeks is not a long time to dedicate to elevating your future. The boot camp is stressful, difficult, and exhausting, but it wouldn't be so rewarding if it wasn't. Everyone on campus is amazing, and will do everything they can to assist in reaching your goals. That being said, don't come in expecting them to just get you a job. You need to put the time and work in. It's hard work, but so worth it! Before Tech Elevator, I was working multiple jobs just to make ends meet, but through their matchmaking I secured a great job before I even graduated. I recommend this boot camp to anyone who is looking to get into the tech industry. I tried learning this on my own through udemy, freecodecamp, etc, but the instructors at Tech Elevator helped make it so much easier to learn.

Between the instructors, and the Pathway Program, I believe anyone who is motivated to go through this program will be successful. They teach you everything you need to know from the technical side of things to improving your soft skills. On top of everything I learned, I've made some friendships that will likely last a lifetime. I have nothing bad to say about this program, and if you're looking to go into a coding bootcamp I can't stress enough how great Tech Elevator is.

TLDR: Tech Elevator is an amazing opportunity for anyone willing to put the work in. Their staff cares about every single student, and will do whatever they can to help you reach your career goals. If you're looking to elevate your life, and get into the tech industry, there is no better option than Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.