tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (401) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • Hannah Freeman • Software Developer • Graduate
    This time last year I was 3 months into a new restaurant job where I was finally making great money and was actually getting full benefits for the first time in my life. Turns out, money isn’t everything and I still found no joy in delivering onion rings. I had heard about coding from a few friends and had seen it portrayed in movies. Seriously, this was my only experience with coding. I dabbled on some of my nights off with HTML and CSS, thinking that paired with my art degree this might be a good fit. I shopped around Philly bootcamps, considered a commute to New York, even briefly considered online programs. But I knew in order to be most successful I needed to stay close to home and have to show up there everyday. Tech Elevator first showed up on my radar through Course Report! Out of every program I looked into they seemed the most genuine and committed to the success of their students during and after the program. I applied to be a part of Philly’s first TE cohort, which wasn’t as easy as simply signing up like other bootcamps I had seen. Getting accepted was the first of many personal accomplishments I would experience over the next 3 months.

I won’t sugar coat it, this program is TOUGH. I never shed actual tears but the pressure and anxiety I was feeling week to week was real. I was so far out of my comfort zone, but reminded myself that nothing worth doing is easy. The first few weeks I held on to the idea that I might be home for dinner by 5 and maintain a social life on the weekends. By week 4 I was staying at school till 7 or 8, refusing to leave until I had my brain wrapped around whatever totally new topic we had covered that day. Things got even crazier as the Pathway Program ramped up. We were giving elevator pitches to prospective employers once or twice a week, juggling resume prep and mock interviews to prepare for looming matchmaking and still, learning something new and mind bending everyday. Our instructors, our pathway director, and campus director provided us all with the resources we needed to succeed and their long hours and commitment did not go unnoticed. The staff consisted of a couple seasoned TE vets from Pittsburgh as well as few new hires who were teaching, leading and learning with us. Because of our smaller class size, Cohort 0 really felt like a small family. Then, COVID-19 hit. On Friday we talked about the option to attend remotely via Zoom and by Sunday it was mandatory.  While going remote was not ideal, it was reality and within a week felt like the new normal. Nothing slowed down, we had all the same expectations and assignments, and we had to learn to keep ourselves accountable. I barely even noticed I wasn’t allowed to leave my house cause I didn’t have the time to leave my office anyway! We saw some employers drop out which was disconcerting, hiring freezes were all around us and the job search became an even more daunting task. But we kept at it with the same determination and cast an even wider net and remained open to all opportunities.

I am happy to say that as I write this I am in the midst of finalizing all of my employment paperwork for my job at J.P. Morgan Chase, an employer that I met through matchmaking at Tech Elevator. My offer came through on Thursday, and I am one of the lucky ones to have an offer in hand on graduation day. While the work in the tech industry has not slowed down, companies are simply in the process of figuring out onboarding remotely which is delaying them from being able to extend offers. But there is no doubt in my mind that in the coming weeks I will be hearing from fellow classmates as to where they will be starting. It was terrifying to quit my job, I hadn’t been unemployed since I was 14 years old, I had a home and plenty of bills to pay. Everything was riding on my success at Tech Elevator, they made a promise to help change my life and for me, they completely delivered.

• Just do it
    - 5/5/2020
    Katie O • Consultant • Graduate
    Possibly the best money I spent. I pored over reviews and spent months looking for a coding bootcamp. No regrets, super happy with my decision. Granted, I graduated pre-coronavirus so things may be a little different now, but knowing what I know about everyone at Tech Elevator, I have no doubt that the latest graduates are in the best hands. Their goal is not only to prepare you for a job, but to get you one. I seriously recommend them to my friends and random people whenever it gets brought up.

My profile before Tech Elevator:
    • Had some experience with programming (Java in high school, Arduino/Raspberry Pi/Python stuff in college, Android development as a hobby after). Already knew I loved it
    • Was a tutor for a couple years, then an assembler
    • Bought a Web Development Udemy course, but couldn't focus on it and finish
    • Didn't know how to get a programming job, or if I was even qualified
    • Thought about getting into software for years, but didn't have an actual plan. Any time I'd start trying to learn something, five new questions would pop up for every answer I'd get

Just a few reasons I love Tech Elevator:
    • The instructors are amazing and really care about your learning. Always happy to share their experiences (and they each have tons of experience). Some of them are working on some pretty cool stuff outside of work as well, I'd ask them about it!
    • The academic fellows are also graduates of the program, so they know exactly what you're going through. They're also always there to help
    • Pathway people are on top of it. I'm pretty sure Katie Detore remembers where every student ended up lol. They meet with you individually, and you can also reach out to them with question or concerns. It's great
    • Pathway program does more than show you how to write a resume. There are panels, visitors, employer showcases (companies coming to speak to you), mock interviews, real interviews...
    • "Always learning" and "get comfortable with being uncomfortable" are phrases I heard a lot there and they've stuck with me. I'd never been one to do extra work outside of work, but now I see myself seeking out new things to do and learn

Me after Tech Elevator:
    • Associate consultant working at one of the many retailers here in Columbus. I can't imagine what my life would be like right now if I hadn't gone through the bootcamp and gotten a job in an industry where working remotely isn't a foreign concept
    • Making more money. Thinking of buying a place soon
    • Happier with my job
    • Not that this field is immune to coronavirus, but I'm not that worried about losing my job. Chances of it happening are relatively low, and even I do, I'm still seeing recruiters reach out.

Advice:
    • Especially for those who aren't working or have kids while in the bootcamp, put as much time into this as you can. If you're done with your assignments, work on side projects or learn something else. As confusing as some of the topics may be at first, go to Meetups.
  • So Grateful
    - 4/23/2020
    Rachel • Graduate
    My experience at Tech Elevator was fantastic. I've never felt so valued from day one at any other school or job. I have wanted to change careers for years but with a master's degree and being 12+ years into my career I just felt worried about making the switch. I knew I didn't have the time to put my life on hold for 3-4 years of school, so a short three month bootcamp that seemed confident I would get a job after seemed like an amazing option and I now wish I'd done it years ago. Even during the Covid-19 pandemic that caused our class to go remote, caused many hiring partners to freeze hiring and generally caused us all concern, we were all able to finish the program and most of us got offers before the cohort had even ended. I still ended up with multiple companies I had opportunities with and ended up getting my dream job, and making significantly more than I was before I entered the bootcamp. Tech Elevator is intense- it's basically like doing a 4 year degree in 14 weeks and I had never experienced school that was so difficult even with previous college degrees. You really do have to put your life on hold to complete it. Don't try to work during but just trust the process that you will have a job on the other side.
  • Take the Leap!
    - 4/21/2020
    Rob Anderson • Software Developer
    I was afraid of leaving my secure lifestyle to make an all out change but I'm glad I did! They give you all the training you need to start out at any tech company. So far I'm three months into my current job and I don't feel like I've been struggling at all. Not only do they prepare you to become a developer but they help train you to interview and set up plenty of companies to interview with. From start to finish they guide you every step of the way so that you leave with a job and feel confident to start your new journey.
  • Andrew • Student
    I attended Tech Elevator for the first Detroit cohort in summer 2019, learning Java. The program was challenging, but it did a great job of preparing me for my first job in technology. Along with the full stack knowledge and experience I gained, the Pathways Program was an invaluable tool for strengthening interview skills and polishing resumes. The Pathways program also includes employer showcases where local companies come in and speak about the tech stacks they use and what kind of work they do - I landed my job by connecting with one of the companies involved in these showcases. It's hard work but I would recommend Tech Elevator to anyone who is ready to start (or advance) their career in technology.
  • Luke • Software Developer • Graduate
    It took me over a year to build up the courage from researching coding bootcamps, to find myself in a chair at one of Tech Elevator's Open Houses. Throughout that evening it quickly became clear to me that I had to join this program.
    I did, and it's changed my life. If you find yourself in a similar position, hopefully this will help.

I came from a background of NO college and NO prior coding experience, but I knew I loved technology and solving problems. During that open house (which I HIGHLY recommend you attend) hearing the passion from the staff, the teachers, and their commitment to help you succeed really inspired me. The #1 thing that made it click for me, was the fact that Tech Elevator voluntarily gets audited yearly. You can see the amount of job offers AND the salary brackets of those offers of past students, they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, they aren't making any crazy guarantees like some other programs, you get to see yourself the results for yourself. You can have confidence that when they talk placement rates, it's based of data, and not some crazy marketing plan.

I know what you're thinking; quitting your job PLUS a high cost of entry for the program? That can seem very intimidating, but the result is well worth it in my opinion.

I cannot stress this enough: you will get out what you put in the program.
    I had some classmates that, when it was job hunting time, only put in 1 resume a week, others were putting 10. The ones that only put a single resume out a week, well, they got jobs last. You're going to feel stressed, overwhelmed, and burnt out. And that's okay. That's part of it. But on the other side, for 3 months of hard, intense work, you can get a career that is life changing

For the entire journey, you are being supported by your teachers, you have decades of experience between them, and a fantastic job program (called Pathway) that is run alongside the coding. You get prepped for interviews, soft-skills, resume building, workshop, and technical interviews.

They regularly have panels of alumni, and meetups with free food and drinks.
    You'll make friends and it feels good knowing you're all going through the same experience. All of this preparing to launch you into a career of tech.

All in all, if you are looking for a incredible program, amazing teachers, and a staff that wants you to succeed, look no further.

Stay humble, ask questions, push yourself.
    I'm glad I did.
  • Michelle • Graduate

I was in Cohort 0 (very first group) at Tech Elevator Detroit.  The course delivered on its promises.  We have very informative, committed instructors and also enthusiastic and committed leadership, career, and support staff.  I was able to learn the basics of backend development, front end development, and gain access to creating and querying SQL databases.  We also had exposure and practice with common agile methodologies - stand ups, paired programming - and tools - Trello story board.  The team activities and the career events were really the icing on the cake.  The course led to a new career opportunity.  Details like the graduation cereomony and lunch and learns are extremely well executed.  The environment at Tech Town Detroit is just right.

• Corynn Kessack • Software Engineer • Student

My experience with Tech Elevator was absolutely incredible, and I am excited to explain why this was the best personal and professional decision of my life.

My background:  I spent the last 5-6 years out of college working at good companies, but I knew that I wanted more and I wanted to follow my love of technology and find a career that would allow me to focus my time on learning about tech.  I received a non-stem degree in college and I tinkered with hardware as well as taught myself SQL, HTML, and CSS on my own throughout the years.   After getting into tech elevator, I got started on the prework and tried to absorb as much as possible before the program started.  This was a great decision and I recommend future students take advantage of this time as well.  My advice for people coming into TE is to really understand that you will have to block off much of the 3.5 months that this program requires.  I didn’t see a lot of friends for a while, but they understood and encouraged me nevertheless.  It was common for me to come in on Saturdays and I reviewed topics on Sundays as well.

The beginning of the cohort:  The first few days weren’t bad at all!  By the end of the week, I felt the most stressed than I did the entire cohort, as I was adjusting to just how demanding this program was going to be.  After I got past that week, the rest was challenging, but I felt like I knew how to approach it and what to expect.  Tech can be a stressful world, and Tech Elevator helps to prepare you for that through the workload (in addition to providing an unbelievable variety of valuable topics).

Throughout the cohort:  The material is go-go-go, but you will keep up.  Find the best means of studying for you.  There were times that I felt more productive at school, and there were times I preferred to work at home.  Do what works for you.  The mental and emotional hurdles of this program are greater than the work itself, and it’s important to know that everyone feels like they are barely hanging on.  Trust the process and get “comfortable with being uncomfortable”.

End of the cohort:  From midway on, we focused a lot on the job-hunt as well as our regular studies, which could get overwhelming.  Staying organized and pushing through the stress will help you find that job.  Get a few nice interview outfits, and know your vocabulary. :) Matchmaking was a blast, and I prepared constantly for those as well as the on site interviews.  I was lucky enough to have a few job offers before the end of the cohort, and well over half of the cohort had secured jobs as well.

Verdict:  Again, this program was THE best decision of my life.  My income doubled, and I managed to find an incredible company to work for.  As I learned about my new department’s tech stack, I felt relieved that 99% of it had been covered at some point in my TE classroom.  The instructors are the most heartfelt and encouraging people, and the same can be said for Katie, Ben, Laura, and Maddi (the pathway folks).  Don’t be afraid to communicate with them, ask questions, and express what would help you learn or get through this program.  THANK YOU, Tech Elevator, and good luck to future TEers out there!! :)

• HSh • Student

i had the educational support by highly experienced professors and empathetic staff. I had extreme emotional support from the instructors and the pathway program team to keep going and to believe that I can. First four weeks are about learning the basics in java or .net. 2 weeks of sql and the rest are a combination of both. After week 6 we learned about mvc. Then JavaScript, html ,css , vuejs, eventlisteners . Lots of mvc, oop concepts. Strong pathway hiring program. They introduce you to companies in different events like matchmaking and company showcases. Keep going to meetups and brag about the fact that you are a student at the best bootcamp ever.

• Ryan Sutton • Software Developer Associate • Graduate

I was miserable in my old career, stuck in a downward spiral of poverty and failing mental health. Tech Elevator saved me. The basic skillset they taught me prepared me for any entry-level software dev position, but more importantly I now feel that I could learn any new technology or concept within a week's time of study. Tech Elevator saw that I had a job offer before I graduated, and for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to my future. I cannot thank them enough, and I would encourage everyone who was in my position to consider Tech Elevator.

• Therese • Graduate

I decided to come to Tech Elevator after being let go from a graphic design job. I had some experience with HTML and CSS. I was mostly interested in the front end technologies so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with a full stack program but I would have to say that it was worth it.

*If you don't plan on working with other students and asking for help then you aren't going to make it through the program.

The instructors are all very knowledgable and I feel like I have learned so much more than what I could have learned on my own. The paired programing really helped with figuring out topics you may not have understood during lecture and you also get another's point of view. For my cohort we had the same instructor the whole time, and that would be the only unfortunate side to the program. If you have trouble learning from the instructor's style, you pretty much have to learn from your peers or ask the other instructors after lecture to get a different approach. The Java class had the instructors switch halfway through the cohort and I think that would have been helpful with some subjects.

The pathway program really helped in updating LinkedIn and my resume as well as prepared me for the matchmaking interviews. It was a lot of similar general content from career classes from college but it really helped to get it specific to the industry. They also really push you to do all you can to reach out to companies, recruiters, and after interviews to get your foot in the door.

• Jesse Foltz • Application Developer • Student

I walked in to  Tech Elevator after almost a decade of bouncing from job to job and contract to contract barely making ends meet. My post undergrad career was spotty at best. I was constantly bouncing around production art jobs, help desk gigs, and occasional dips into bioplamsa industries. None of which felt rewarding or fuffilling and often times led to being laid off or fired due to budget cuts. I was recommending to Tech Elevator from a friend of mie who had similar struggles. The sticker shock got me at first. But, I assure you the program is well worth it.

Some things to know going in:

• BE prepared to work. This isn't an undergrad program where you can flake off all day and just sorta pass and hope for a job. If that is your mentality, do not go to this bootcamp. If you wanna learn and grow your skills into a new career then this is the place for you.
    • The pathway program put on by the staff is by far one of the most valuable tools this bootcamp provides aspiring developers with. Be sure to go to all of them and pay attention even if you feel you don't need the info. Each session has something you can learn.
    • NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. Your instructors, TE Staff, and classmates will be great assests through out the cohort and after you graduate. Additionally, go to meetups in your city and meet people in the industry. You may very well end up having a beer with the person who will hire you for your next career position.
    • Take the prework seriously and continue beyond Tech Elevator's requirements. The prework they assign is meant to prepare you for week one of the program and get you familiar with what your are doing in the cohort. I recommend going beyond their required prework and study as much as possible, and complete as much of the freecodecamp.com tutorials as possible prior to day 1. It'll give you an edge with the curriculum as well as your future career.
    • ASK FOR HELP. If you get stuck, reachout. Everyone is here for you and wants you to succeed.

And that sums it up. I recommend the Cincinnati Tech Elevator highly. I graduated with a position at a company in Blue Ash, OH. Starting at $56k a year. I couldn't of done it with out Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.