tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (401) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • Amanda Saylor • Associate Survey Programmer • Graduate
    This bootcamp was incredible. I decided to do a midlife career change from Social Services into IT. All of the college programs I looked at would have taken at least 2 years to complete while working full time. This bootcamp was able to pack in all that knowledge into 14 weeks, and I'm now a survey programmer for a marketing research company. It took me a little bit to find the right position for me, but Tech Elevator offers a ton of career support/advice/assistance. The bootcamp itself was very intensive, and built upon the previous day's knowledge with a new task/lesson for the next day. There is a quiz every morning, and a new assignment almost every afternoon.

If you aren't motivated, this bootcamp is not for you. But if you are motivated, and will not accept failure from yourself, this is the way to go. I applied to this school I believe on a Tuesday, was accepted by the next day, and started the following Monday. I had to walk away from my career within the matter of a few days (as there was only one slot left in the upcoming class), so failure was not an option for me. Like they say, this bootcamp is like drinking water from a fire hose, so make sure you're up to the challenge.  I'm glad I drank water from the fire hose, because I'm now in a great place in my career, and I couldn't have done it without Tech Elevator.
  • Fantastic Bootcamp
    - 7/26/2020
    Krista Lewis • Software Developer • Graduate
    I have nothing but good things to say about my Tech Elevator experience.  The staff are friendly, hardworking people who do everything in their power to help you succeed, they are more than happy to give you extra help if you are having a hard time.  The curriculum was well thought out and well paced.  The professional development portion of the bootcamp was incredible - getting the first job is always the hardest and they made that process so much easier for us.  I feel lucky to have found Tech Elevator to help me in my career change, I don't think any other bootcamp would have compared.
  • Amyre Vincent • Associate Technical Consultant at Perficient, Inc • Graduate
    Tech Elevator was a game changer for me. I knew that I wanted a career in IT, I just didn’t know where to start, since I was already 15 years into my career.  My ideal position was one where people were valued, there was freedom (and expectation) to constantly learn, upward mobility, and the ability (in the near future) to work from anywhere. I found out about TE through working in TechTown Detroit. For a time, I worked on the same floor as TE staff’s main office, and so I saw the instructors and directors frequently. I thought about taking the aptitude exam many times, but was settled in my career and didn’t see how I could take such a big step into something so unknown to me.  At the same time that I was becoming unsettled internally, we were informed that our contract was set to end within 2-3 months. Though unexpected, it was exactly the push that I needed.  From there it was a whirlwind; I discussed my plan with my husband and with his support (you will NEED a strong support system) I took  the aptitude exam. Jeff contacted me very soon after and I completed a full aptitude test and then interview process. You’ll hear it over and over again (thankfully) if you make it through the admission process, you deserve to be there and YOU CAN DO IT!!! Our instructors, Margaret and Andy (though different teaching styles) were amazing and went above and beyond every. single. day to make sure they were available every step of our technical journey. As you will hear during the interview process, it is a HARD 14 weeks, and you have to prepare yourself. There were just over 20 people in our cohort (cohort [1]), different circumstances, previous “lives”, knowledge  levels, different reasons for being there, but everyone earned their spot. One of the most important things I would suggest you take heed to, from Day 1 is to ask questions! There’s so much information coming so quickly, that it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Asking questions early can help to mitigate (not eliminate; this is hard)  being confused too often; this is the piece of advice I wish I’d followed sooner.   Thankfully, among teammates and instructors someone was ALWAYS willing and able to help.
    As important as the technical learning was, what TE also provides is the Job Pathway program. Nicole did a FANTASTIC job of adding structure and organization to the soft skills part of our program. She knew her stuff; creating an elevator pitch, resumés, preparing for interviews (behavioral as well as technical), follow up, keeping track of career progress. She was so on it! Jeff (along with Nicole) did a great job of keeping us motivated and focused on the end goal; finishing and moving on to a position that we love. Thanks to TE I was offered a position before graduation, and am now almost 6 months in, with a new career that I love. I am so thankful for what Tech Elevator offers in a program. There is sooooooo much to learn, TE was the perfect springboard. Best of luck!!!
  • Casey Tek • Dev-X Trainee • Student
    I went to school and got a degree in kinesiology. After graduating, I found no use for my degree without further specialization. Unable to decide which direction to go, I worked in the restaurant industry.

Finding myself over worked, under payed, and unappreciated, I had to make a change. A friend recommended a coding bootcamp which lead to me to start researching different schools in the area. I found that tech elevator was the best decision based on quantity and quality of content, experience level of instructors, and location (tech elevator is located in the tech town building and parking is provided).

I definitely made the right decision. Even though I had no coding experience, I was still given to tools to succeed and learn how to make functioning applications. While the program was intense and material was heavy, I felt it was still extremely doable and found myself with plenty of time to do side projects and have some free time on the weekends.

The other positive thing about tech elevator is the pathway program which develops your soft skills and gives you the tools to get a job. It really bridges the gap between you and tech companies to help you land a job. It also teaches you the importance of working with a team, which is HUGE in tech!

Even though we ended the program during the pandemic, the instructors worked very hard to connect us with companies and keep our skills sharp. While I ended up accepting a job from a company I met during in school, I am sure that my school would have connected me another company after graduation.

If you’re a hard worker, like to solve problems, and motivated to make a change in your life, the cost of the program is well worth it.
  • Life changing
    - 6/20/2020
    Erin Scicchitano • Lead Developer • Graduate
    Deciding to do a bootcamp is terrifying. I had no connections and felt lost trying to figure out which schools were scams. I know that I spent months researching and reading reviews (like you are now) and thinking that getting a job as a software developer after just a few months was too good to be true. I’m pretty much just here to echo all of Tech Elevator’s other amazing reviews - they’re the real deal and the best decision I’ve ever made. After so much anxiety about not getting a job, I had multiple offers to choose from before I even graduated the program. I felt completely prepared for my position and the pathway program has given me invaluable career advice that I will use for the rest of my life. If you are willing to put in the hard work, you cannot go wrong here! Thank you so much to everyone at TE and to all my awesome classmates.
  • Jenna Tyzinski • Software Developer Associate
    Going back to school to tech elevators bootcamp was the best thing i ever did for myself. making a career change after being out of school for 8 years was scary but the teachers were there every step of the way and truly wanted you to succeed. The pathway directors/program made sure you were totally prepared for the interviews and were there if you needed anything. i would 10/10 recommend tech elevator to anyone.
  • Anthony C • QA - PNC • Graduate
    A quick summary of who I am before reading my review. I had a passion for technology coming out of high school and attempted to take some course in programming. Things didn't seem right at the time, so I came out of school with my Associates and shortly after I found myself doing full blown construction. The experience was great but I knew that fire for computers was still there. Then Tech Elevator came on my radar.

Tech Elevator was a fantastic program. Words can't describe the experience and nor can Covid but it was still unforgettable. Walking in I was unsure I would be able to fit the professional profile with my background experience or that I would be able to learn and become a programmer in 14 weeks literally. The academic side and the flow of the program made things come easier. The experience and knowledge that the staff has is vast and incredible. Any time you were unsure of something teachers/faculty were always there with open doors begging for us to ask questions. The pathway program was truly an experience in itself. It really taught me how to present myself and to be confident in who I am and what I have to bring to the table. Everyday there were smiles and hair pulling but it was all so worth it. I wouldn't trade it for any other opportunity.

If you have a true passion for programming and computers then Tech Elevator is where you belong. Don't doubt yourself or your abilities, and as a couple wise people once told me, "Trust the program" and you'll do wonderful.

Thank You Everyone who was a part of the experience and kudos to all of you! Best of wishes!
  • Zach • Tech Enablement Analyst • Graduate
    My Background: Before Tech Elevator, I graduated from Oakland University with a degree in Psychology and Criminal Justice. After college, I worked at a law firm for about a year with the intention of going to law school. However, after discovering through my work at the law firm that I wasn't as interested in the material as I thought I would be, I decided to start searching for a different route. Throughout my search, which included considering a career in psychiatry and in mortgage banking, the one field that consistently appeared in all my searching was technology. Eventually, I decided against grad school and started looking for ways to get into the field of technology.

Choosing Tech Elevator: Once I decided on technology, the next step was getting some education in relation to the tech field. I had never written a line of code in my life, so I knew I would need a program that would start with the basics. In addition to a program that started with the basics, I was also looking for a program that would cover a variety of topics throughout the curriculum, and Tech Elevator checked both those boxes.

Tech Elevator Curriculum: During my 14 weeks with Tech Elevator, we covered four different sections of material. The first section covered Java, the second section covered SQL, the third section covered Spring, and the fourth section covered JavaScript. This curriculum was perfect for someone who was just starting to code for the first time in their life. By covering a variety of topics, I was able to acquire a base of knowledge in both front end and back end development. That base of knowledge is something that has helped me tremendously in my days after Tech Elevator graduation.

Job Search: During the Tech Elevator curriculum, coding isn't the only subject you will learn about. The pathway program is a program designed to increase your effectiveness when it comes to searching and interviewing for jobs. From completely revamping your resume to guiding mock job interviews, this program will be equally beneficial to your experience as the coding aspect is. In addition to preparing you for the job search, this program also gives you a boost when it comes to the search itself. Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to meet with all sorts of tech companies in your area. They will present details to you about their company, and you will then have the opportunity to ask them questions and even talk freely with them. This was extremely valuable as it led perfectly into the matchmaking events. These events are events held by Tech Elevator where tech companies from the area come in and interview the students for entry level jobs at their company. For me, one of the first companies I interviewed with at the matchmaking event was a company called Slalom. Eventually, Slalom hired me in as a Tech Enablement Analyst.

Employment: Since starting at Slalom, I have been able to build on the base of knowledge that Tech Elevator provided me. Without the knowledge of both the front and back end, I would have almost certainly taken much longer to pick things up at Slalom and begin developing actual applications. However, because Tech Elevator did provide me with that base, I was able to begin developing an application only a month after my first day.

Final Thoughts: Tech Elevator was a terrific decision for me and my career. If you are looking to find a way into the technology field, or even just to sharpen your tech skills, I can't recommend Tech Elevator enough. The staff was always available to help with any problem you might have, the curriculum covers both front and back end, and the pathway program is a huge help when it comes to actually getting into the field. Overall, Tech Elevator just checks all the boxes.
    - 6/4/2020
    Audrey • Junior Software Developer • Student
    I had a great experience at Tech Elevator. The instructors, program director and Pathway Director were all supportive and engaged with us throughout the full 14 week boot camp and in the weeks following to help us continue interview practice and white-boarding problems and support us in the job search.
  • Rylee • Software Developer
    I had a fantastic experience with Tech Elevator that landed me a job offer two weeks before graduation! I came into the program with no software development experience but I had natural problem solving abilities that ensured I had what it took to be successful in this program. Tech Elevator provides you an entire team of instructors who can all explain the course material in multiple different ways to adapt to individual learning styles. They also provide you with a Pathway team who prepare you and guide you through the entire job search.

Considering the program is only 14 weeks long, there is not enough time to cover concepts that won’t be useful on-the-job. As a result, Tech Elevator is no joke. It is very fast-moving with important content every day, contrary to standard college courses. Everything is presented in such a way that you don’t even realize that you just learned an entire month’s worth of college material in a single day. That said, I am so glad I didn’t waste time trying to teach myself all of this material because I never would have gained the level of understanding that I have after only 14 weeks.
  • Jack Egan • Associate Developer II • Graduate
    I was torn between return to college to finish my computer science degree and attending a bootcamp, and ended up choosing to attend Tech Elevator. From day 1 it was clear that I had made the right choice, the technical portion of the course was top notch and comprehensive, but what makes Tech Elevator stand above the rest is the pathway program and their commitment to getting you a job in the field after graduation.
  • Stephen Collins • Software Developer • Student
    One of the best decisions I have made. Met a lot of great people and mentors. I felt very prepared when looking for jobs and received a job offer two weeks after graduation. The staff at Tech Elevator really cares about you and will be there for you even after graduation.

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.