tech-elevator-logo

Tech Elevator

Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Online, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Wilmington

Tech Elevator

Tech Elevator offers both full-time and part-time coding bootcamps that prepare students for a career as a software developer, starting with an Aptitude Test. Applicants can then choose to study Java or .NET. Throughout the bootcamp, students also learn HTML, CSS, SQL, API, and JavaScript. The full-time bootcamp runs for 14 weeks, Monday through Friday, 9-4:30 pm, and the part-time bootcamp runs for 30-weeks with a mix of independent study, live lectures and small-group programming. Both programs have a low student-to-instructor ratio to ensure the best supportive environment for participants. Tech Elevator’s instruction is delivered both remotely and in-person at campuses located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Wilmington. Tech Elevator also offers students beyond its core markets, and throughout North America, class options through its National Live Remote program.

Tech Elevator’s career-readiness Pathway Program is responsible for high placement outcomes and includes personalized coaching sessions, interview practice, 6 months of placement support post-graduation, and alumni and mentor networking. Tech Elevator also offers its students and alumni direct connections to employers through employer showcases and interviewing events.

Recent Tech Elevator Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (401) reviews for Tech Elevator →

Recent Tech Elevator News

Read all (69) articles about Tech Elevator →
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - In-person

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Git, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    Start Date May 16, 2022
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Wilmington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Dallas
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in Java, Client-Server Programming in Java, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, Java, SQL, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).
    Tuition Plans$7,975 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    ScholarshipAvailable scholarship opportunities https://www.techelevator.com/scholarships
    May 16, 2022 - Wilmington Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Philadelphia Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Full-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Agile, MVC, REST, Scrum, SQL
    LocationOnline, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas

Tuition Plans$7,975 due at the time of shipping equipment, $7,975 due in week 8 of the bootcamp
    May 16, 2022 - Online Apply by May 04, 2022
    July 05, 2022 - Detroit Apply by June 22, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Detroit Apply by August 31, 2022
    October 24, 2022 - Detroit Apply by October 12, 2022
  • Full-Time .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp - In-person

C#, CSS, Git, HTML, .NET, SQL, ASP.NET, MVC, MySQL, Agile, JavaScript, REST, Scrum
    LocationPhiladelphia, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati
    Course topics include an Introduction to Programming in C#, Client-Server Programming in .NET, and Client Side Web Programming (Git, C#, SQL, ASP.NET Web API, REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js).

May 16, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by May 04, 2022
    September 12, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by August 31, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Coding Bootcamp - Remote

SQL, Scrum, REST, MVC, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS, Agile
    Start Date April 23, 2022
    Tuition PlansSession 1 tuition..........$5,316.67 Upfront Session 2 tuition..........$5,316.67 Before Module 2 (week 10) Session 3 tuition..........$5,316.66 Before Module 3 (week 20)
    April 23, 2022 - Online Apply by April 10, 2022
    August 20, 2022 - Online Apply by August 07, 2022
  • AJ Cody  User Photo
    AJ Cody • Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Making the decision to join a coding bootcamp is incredibly nerve-racking. For most of the students I enrolled with, they were making a huge career change and taking a giant leap of faith. Including me.

That being said everything about the Tech Elevator program went above and beyond anything I could've ever expected. It honestly was the best decision I have made in my life. If you are someone that knows coding is your future, then I would 10,000% recommend Tech Elevator as the school that will get you to that future.

The content of the program was fulfilling, and I came out of it knowing I could succeed in the industry. The instructors are readily available to go over anything you are learning in the curriculum. Most of everything I was asked in any technical interview was covered during the course. The 14 weeks are incredibly challenging and there isn't a day wasted. You will come out of it prepared for any junior level developer job. I would suggest doing a basic coding tutorial before day one. It will go along way in the first couple of weeks, which is where I saw a lot of people struggling the most.

Everyone from the pathway program worked incredibly hard to prepare me for my interviews, which in my opinion is where Tech Elevator really separates themselves from other bootcamps. You will give your elevator pitch multiple times to employers. You will also do many mock interviews with that will prepare you for any question that might be thrown your way. I have never been so prepared for any interview in my life, and I think that is the main reason I landed my current job. Also, shoutout to Peggy! She can answer any question about the job hunt that you could possibly think of.

I think if you are ready for the career change and can afford it, this is the bootcamp for you! It's worth it.
  • Emily Galbraith  User Photo
    Emily Galbraith • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I feel like it was yesterday that I was pouring through the reviews on this site trying to decide whether or not to apply to Tech Elevator. I remember being encouraged by all the good reviews, but also skeptical. Believe them! In the process, I met a lot of alumni with the same feeling. Tech Elevator absolutely changed my life. I was working as a landscaper and farm hand prior to completing their course, and in three months landed a job as a Software Engineer. I think the most important thing to consider when making this decision is not whether they will deliver, but if you are ready to commit. If you are, do it! It is intense but in the best way. The instructors are great, they know how to explain things and are more than willing to help you whenever you get stuck or are confused. The material moves quickly, but it does build on itself and by the end, you will be amazed at what you can do! Also important to note, the pathway program is incredible. I have a four-year degree in Sustainable Agriculture and didn't get this level of career development help. It was great getting to know myself better, finding my strengths, and being able to build my confidence to feel comfortable in an interview. The only thing that will hold you back is if you are not ready to give 110% to the course and stick with it. Another plus is the fact that they have an extensive hiring partner network that you get to meet and build relationships with. Everyone who works there is so nice and wonderful and will go above and beyond to make sure that you get all the help you need to make this change. I really can't say enough good things about this course and honestly feel like crying when thinking about how much it opened up my potential in life. Thank you to the whole team at the Philadelphia campus!
  • Cindy Li  User Photo
    Cindy Li • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Prior to enrolling in Tech Elevator, I was working in the healthcare industry and was looking for a more rewarding career field. I decided to join the bootcamp because it provides both technical knowledge offers career assistance. Now I am 6 months into my new position as a software developer, and I appreciate the foundation that Tech Elevator has given me. The curriculum provides the foundation for a successful entry into the dev field, I learned the basics of Java, it’s framework, and the key principles of OOP, how to construct and query databases, and the skills to create a complex website.
    My instructor Yoav and Pathway Director Caitie were extremely helpful during the bootcamp. Yoav did not hesitate to provide help and insights whenever I got stuck on a project, and I enjoyed his lectures. Caitie consistently provided resources and job opportunities. Their support continued after I graduated the bootcamp. During my job hunting period, they consistently checked in with me. After I landed a job and decided to further my education, they wrote two excellent letters of recommendation which helped my admission into a grad school program.
    I’m glad I joined Tech Elevator, I’m very happy at my new job, Tech Elevator has prepared me well to be successful, as I’m excited about future opportunities.
  • Beckie Liwacz  User Photo
    Beckie Liwacz • QA Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overview
    After experiencing job uncertainty due to COVID-19, I knew it was time to make a change--to pursue a career that I not only enjoyed, but that could sustain me long-term both personally and financially.

"Coding" can mean so many things... it's front-end design and accessibility, data and analytics on the back-end, quality testing, project management and more. The possibilities are far and wide.

It might be hard to believe that making the switch into an entirely different career is possible in 14 weeks, but with this Tech Elevator team by your side, it IS! I'm graduating with a full-time position at my dream company (and still pinching myself to make sure it's true). The people at Tech Elevator are what make the difference, and ultimately they are the reason why I made the decision to attend this bootcamp over others. Their support is unparalleled, and you'll graduate with a deep professional network as well as technical and soft skills that will last you a lifetime.

Why Tech Elevator, as opposed to a different bootcamp?
    As I’m sure you know, it’s incredibly difficult to decide which bootcamp to enroll in because seemingly every single one has glowing, 5-star reviews on Course Report. I was in an endless information funnel that wasn’t leading anywhere, and then it hit me: I’m local to Philadelphia, and my #1 priority is to land a job in tech. And so it only makes sense to choose a bootcamp with top industry connections in this area. Philly is a ripe tech market, and in this market, Tech Elevator has the right connections to set you up with a deep network. From day one, it's obvious that each member of the faculty & staff is extremely invested in your individual success rather than padding their statistics.

Why a bootcamp, as opposed to grad school?
    A bootcamp won't go into the nitty gritty of computer science, just a high-level view of career-ready skills that you're ready to apply as a junior developer. Graduate school will cost you more, but will engrain the skills and knowledge perhaps a bit deeper. If you want to make a quick, plug-and-play transition into a tech career, a bootcamp with good career connections (like TE) is the way to go.

Why tech?
    For years, I was working in marketing with some pretty crazy deadlines/hours/workload--something that the tech industry is far from (I am now profusely apologized to if anyone messages me past 5 p.m.) Also, tech is just a better personality fit for me--it’s more than ok to be yourself, quirks & all.

What was the result? Job offers, etc.
    I am now a software tester at a fashion e-commerce giant. It was my first job offer--and honestly my dream job so I didn’t really hesitate to accept it--but there were a lot of other great companies that I was talking to along the way that I was introduced to through matchmaking. I graduated with a full-time job lined up for me, making significantly more than I had been before the career switch.

Advice for potential new students
    • Before you apply, make sure that you dabble in some coding to make sure you enjoy it at a fundamental level. You don't have to go crazy, just do a free trial of Codecademy, or try some materials on freeCodeCamp.

• Get ahead in the job search by prioritizing career seminars, of which TE offers many. Also, if you have the bandwidth, work on technical side projects to sharpen your skills.

• Value the relationships you have with instructors and staff from the start, as they would be happy to refer you for job opportunities (with the caveat that they will be honest, so strive to make a good impression!)

• Remind yourself that you can do hard things!!! And if it isn’t hard, seek out challenges so you can learn. The people in your class who seem like they’re getting it a lot ‘quicker’ than you have likely dabbled in coding before. No one is born knowing how to program (!!!), and the foundation of the tech industry is learning how to learn, and how to ask the right questions.

TL;DR
    I had such a fantastic experience, met a group of wonderful people (classmates and instructors alike), and I was fast-tracked into my dream job. Tech Elevator was truly the best decision I've made in 2021.
  • David Bradley  User Photo
    David Bradley • Software Engineer I • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you told me back when I first graduated high school that I could attend a program for 14 weeks and immediately get into the software development field, I would have went back then instead of waiting until five years later.

For the longest time, I wanted to go to college but I didn't want to have a large tuition. Originally I was looking at colleges that had insane prices and it just turned me off of the idea for a long time. I finally made (in a way) a New Year's resolution, that I was going to do something further in my life with education; whether it was college or something else.

I had done research about bootcamps before, but I was never really one to like just reading reviews online (funny how I'm writing one now!). I am the type of person that really likes a personal reference. Around when the pandemic first started, I had a family member get into a coding bootcamp and had just recently got into a job and expressed nothing but good words about the program. That was the kick I needed to officially apply to Tech Elevator. With such a high graduation and job placement rate, I couldn't resist looking into it further.

The program itself has the coding and career development.

As for the program, it is very fast paced, in a good way. That is the way that I like to learn, so I was able to adapt easily. It's what you would expect from a regular class. The difference, I think, is the staff. Anybody could teach you if they had a print out of the lesson. But the teachers are able to relate from previous job experiences, and give real world scenarios to help make a lesson make more sense. They also will take the time to help you as much as they can to make sure you understand the material, even outside of regular class hours.

The career development involves helping you make an efficient resume, interviewing, and as well as a LinkedIn profile. The staff will not sleep until they bug you about typos, grammar, etc on your resume! They want to help make it look as good as possible for your future job post graduation, but also to help further down the line as well! When it comes to the interviewing, they help with both HR style interviews, and coding interviews.

All in all, best decision I have made with my life so far. I was thankful to receive a job offer before I even graduated and that can happen for others as well. If you have any questions, reach out to them or even to prior students, including me. Connect with me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-c-bradley-jr/.
  • Evan Morgan  User Photo
    Evan Morgan • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you had told me 6 months ago that after attending a coding bootcamp I'd have a job at a Fortune 20 company making 4x what I make now with a career outlook that is literally infinite -- I would have called you crazy.  I had always thought that a career in tech was so distant and unattainable because I didn't go to college for Computer Science, and when I tried to learn how to code on my own I just didn't have the willpower and time to really build a portfolio in order to get a job. I felt stuck, and back then I had no idea what was actually possible.  Luckily, I finally made the leap and signed up at Tech Elevator Cleveland.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do was move back in at my parents, quit my job, and take out a $15,500 loan to join a school I wasn't sure that could deliver on their promises. I had read so many mixed, and quite frankly mostly negative reviews and opinions, on coding bootcamps all across the internet, whether it was Reddit, blogs, or articles -- everyone had something terrible to say about them. Don't listen to these people, they are so, so so wrong. Whatever your financial situation is, education, or background, you can and should attend a high quality coding bootcamp like Tech Elevator! My boss now says they actually prefer hiring bootcampers as they have more applicable skills, work\professional experience, and can hit the ground running right away.

The program at TE is incredibly thorough and gives you all the skills you will need to get a great job as a Software Engineer\Developer or other non coding-based tech role (Product Owner for instance). It is extremely difficult and will be one of the hardest things you've ever done, and I say that as someone who had prior coding knowledge and went to college and loves to learn, but it was still incredibly difficult! Don't worry if you don't have prior knowledge though, I saw many of my peers without coding experience make it through just like I did, you just have to believe in yourself and not give up and the staff at TE will do the rest to see you through!!

My instructor was one of my favorite instructors I've ever had. She was very experienced and could expound upon advanced concepts and had a wide breadth of knowledge across the entire software stack. Her teaching style was awesome, she made sure everyone was absorbing the knowledge and wouldn't let the quiet people in the back of the class get away without learning the material. She was also hilarious and made the entire process so fun and enjoyable.

The pathway program is an entirely different side of the whole experience that I completely overlooked and didn't pay much attention to prior to signing up, but that is so crucial to your success in finding a job. While they don't guarantee you get a job, they will honestly do every single thing in their power to make sure you get one, and as long as you put in the effort you will get a great job! I loved my pathway instructor\classes just as much as I loved my coding instructor\classes, and that is what sets TE apart from the rest from what I've heard from other people that have gone to similar bootcamps. TE delivers the entire package. Shoutout to Beth, Katie, and the rest of the TE staff. I owe you big time!!! <3

The most satisfying part of the entire experience was after graduating and getting my first job as a Software Engineer, I realized I could do absolutely ANYTHING I set my mind to. It was by far the hardest thing I've ever done, but I did it, and TE taught me that.

• Tech Pivot
    - 10/18/2021
    Rob Newsom  User Photo
    Rob Newsom • Student Verified via GitHub
    This is an intensive program with excellent instructors.  Tuition is very reasonable considering it also includes career coaching, resume assistance, and interview prep (behavioral and technical.)

I recommend at least some self-paced study before committing to any program like this (Codecademy, Coursera, EdX, Free Code Camp, etc.)   You absolutely can jump in as a beginner, but your learning curve will be significantly less steep if you can get some fundamentals under your belt first.
  • Mike Lavan   User Photo
    Mike Lavan • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was originally in Finance and found myself laid off due to the pandemic. I found myself desperately needing a career/industry switch, and I am so glad I found Tech Elevator. The 14-week process was paced perfectly for me as someone with not a lot of prior coding experience. It was intense at times and some nights were longer than others, but I never felt too overwhelmed due to the incredibly helpful staff that were willing to help me through whatever issue I was having. Not only do they teach you the fundamentals of software development, they also prepared me for interviews, overhauled my resume and put me in touch with people I would never have had the chance to speak with, and this all culminated with me landing an awesome job in the industry after I graduated! I will forever be grateful to Tech Elevator for the work they put in to make my transition from careers as smooth as possible. 100% would recommend!
  • Great and Worth
    - 10/3/2021
    Yuan  User Photo
    Yuan • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I am a housewife for six years because I am holding a F2/H4 Visa that cannot work in US legally. Last year I got my green card so I decided to restart my career. But it is really hard and I don't know how to start and where to start. Because my major is CS, so the only thing I can do is refresh my memory on how to code. I search for some courses on Udemy, Youtube as well as Codecademy, but it can only help my knowledge not my career very well.

Then I found Tech Elevator. I am hesitant firstly especially for the 90% job replacement. To be honest, I read almost every comment on the course report website. I am surprised by 95% positive comments. Then I joined the virtual open house and decided to enroll Tech Elevator.

Tech Elevator course is great. Walt is a very nice and patient teacher. His course is very clear and easy to understand. Moreover, the pathway program is excellent and because of that, it made me well prepared at week 11 (Match-making week). I would like to thank Ellen and Stephen who gave me extreme assistance in my job search.

Finally, I want to say. If you really want to switch your career in Tech but felt no direction. Tech elevator is absolutely a good choice.

• JW Kriewall  User Photo
    JW Kriewall • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Wow... I am just now able to write this review after what has been a whirlwind last 6 months. I graduated TE in April 2021 and accepted a job offer about 10 days before the program finished. I couldn't be happier with the way TE was run and how much it prepared me for the job. I'm sure there are a number of reviewers on this site praising TE before they've been in their job - I've been there for 6 months and I can confirm that TE adequately prepares you for your future tech career!

Classes and assignments were grueling. I came in with relatively little background knowledge in coding. To prepare, I watched about 6 weeks of the Harvard course CS50, which is free, by the way. If you can get to the 6-8 week portion of that class and coding still interests you, you will succeed at TE. Mentally, I was stressed all the time - not for any fault of my teachers but simply because it was difficult for me. I lost a lot of sleep during those three months...

Coming out of the experience, I feel like TE was one of the best investments I've ever made in myself. It was stressful knowing that at the end of the program I could be without a job, but I trusted the process and secured a solid entry-level position at a company with a great work culture.

My instructors were great, the pathway program was awesome and I came away from TE with a very positive impression. Would recommend to anyone looking for a career change, so long as they can stay motivated. It really is important to put in the work!

Recommendations: Try to take the course in person (I did it online and didn't love the online interaction experience at times).
    Lean on the pathway program, especially with resume help.
    In the hardest times, remember that many people way less smart than you made it through the program (like me!)
  • Katy Richardson  User Photo
    Katy Richardson • Software Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    At 35 I was looking for a change in my career.  I knew I had the heart and intelligence to be a Software Developer, but I wanted to have some training before starting down a whole new road.  Tech Elevator is an excellent choice, both for its educational experience, and its job search support.  Steve Carmichael was my instructor, with Kevin Teos as our Academic Fellow.  Steve guided us through OOP, APIs, and application design.  Both Steve and Kevin were available to help us after class with questions, and we usually used some class time for review.  The material is difficult, and the course is fast-paced, so it is meant for students who can commit the time and effort.  There are options for financial assistance, and Maddy Miller did a fantastic job as my advocate as I pursued my options.  Katie Moore and Vinny Sanfillippo helped me regularly with questions and check-ins related to job searching and highlighting my best qualities.  I will also say here, if you are serious about finding a new career in Tech, your best options are listening to what they say and buy in completely.

I found what I was looking for in Tech Elevator, and I hope you will, too!
  • Solomon Liang  User Photo
    Solomon Liang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are looking for a career switch into IT, you are at the right place!

This was not for the faint of heart. The program was very intense and fast-paced, and sometimes overwhelming, but the entire TE team was super supportive and invested in the students. I never imagined I could learn so much in 14 weeks. Steve Carmichael was my instructor, and he was awesome! He kept the lectures fun, even when the material got really difficult. He knew when to push us, and when to give the pep talk. The Pathway Program was a big help for me, as I came from a field where the job seeking process is completely different from a standard interview. I had Katie Moore as my main Pathway director, and she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable to all the questions I had.

One of the perks in Tech Elevator is its connection with hiring partners. Throughout the cohort, different companies came and talked about their mission, culture and answered our questions. In week 11 and 12, students had the chance to select which companies they would like to interview with, and TE would help set up those initial interviews. I know some of my classmates received an offer before graduation, and I just received mine as well - a week and half after!

Last but definitely not least, I got to meet so many wonderful people of all backgrounds throughout this journey. This was the best decision I have made in my life, and I recommend Tech Elevator 100% to anyone who is considering that career switch!

Tech Elevator Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 73 graduates included in report:

99% of job obtainers reported salaries. 4% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.