openclassrooms-logo

OpenClassrooms

OpenClassrooms

OpenClassrooms offers part-time, online, 12-month mentored courses in digital skills like full-stack and mobile development, product management, and UX design. Students will engage in a learning experience centered around professional projects because OpenClassrooms believes that project-driven work is the fastest way to become proficient in technical skills. Projects offer hands-on experience so that students can hit the ground running when they start a new job. Students are also equipped with mentors, who are dedicated professionals and experts in their field, to help coach them to achieve their goals throughout the course. Mentors and students connect via weekly video conference sessions.

Applicants should have a high school diploma, speak English, and have their own laptop and internet connection.

Students are guaranteed job placement within 6 months of finishing the program or tuition is refunded. OpenClassrooms is a distance learning institution registered with the Board of Education in France. OpenClassrooms grants its own Bachelor’s-level and Master's-level diplomas upon completion of studies and validation of skills by an academic jury. This degree is at level 6 or 7 on the EQF (European Qualifications Framework), mostly recognized in Europe.

Recent OpenClassrooms Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (13) reviews for OpenClassrooms →

Recent OpenClassrooms News

• Android Developer

Android, Java
    In PersonFull Time
    Create Android applications for smartphone and TVs using Java and the development environment Android Studio.
  • Front-End Developer

HTML, JavaScript, Java, Front End
    In PersonFull Time
    Create website interfaces, styles, and animations like the ones you know and use everyday.
  • Full-stack developer

HTML, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    In PersonFull Time
    Become a full-stack developer to write different kinds of code that handle frontend and backend tasks.
  • iOS Developer

Xcode, iOS, Swift
    In PersonFull Time
    Discover iOS development and build powerful applications for iPhones and iPads using Swift and Xcode.
  • Product Manager

Product Management
    In PersonFull Time
    Learn to decide what should get built, which problems the team are solving, what the vision of the product is, and what business model applies to your project.
    Tuition Plans$500 monthly non-binding
    Minimum Skill LevelA high school diploma A good level of English A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
  • Ruby developer

Ruby
    In PersonFull Time
    Use Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework to create powerful websites with this great language for beginners.
  • UX Designer

User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time
    Master human-centered design and create beautiful, clean user experiences!
    Tuition Plans$500 monthly non-binding

• Mehedi Hasan  User Photo
    Mehedi Hasan • Student Verified via LinkedIn

As long as you commit yourself, you'll learn SO so much.

- Great environment.

- Courses are organized and well structured and mentors wow. They are eager to help students.

- You will have one mentoring session every week, average 45 mins each. If that's not enough you can always write mentor and they are always ready to help and of course, very active facebook workplace group where you can post your problem and discuss with other students.

- You'll leave with some cool projects to add to your portfolio.

Let' be real, 300 EUR/month is very reasonable compared to other institutions (it's worth it)

I really recommend Openclassrooms if you really wanna learn good and make a career. Thanks

• Diego Fajardo  User Photo
    Diego Fajardo • Android Developer Verified via GitHub

I joined OpenClassrooms because I wanted to change careers. Programming had always been something I loved and, after doing a thorough search, I finally decided that I was going to try to achieve my objective with them. Everything went exactly as they said: I even found a job before I ended the path!

The Android Development Path is a tough path but very rewarding. I have been hours fighting against problems I consider now simple (this is what experience is about). I loved that the course is absolutely focused on a practical way: you can see immediately the results of your work, and this makes you want to improve continuously. During the path, I had the support of 2 mentors and both were really professional and excellent people, absolutely focused on my improvement.

I would recommend OpenClassrooms to anybody that want to change careers. It is simply an excellent option that will allow anybody to reach that objective.

• A good opportunity
    - 10/26/2017
    Michael   User Photo
    Michael • Freelance - Developer / Programmer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I came to OpenClassrooms because I was looking for a way to move into a new field of work. I really wanted to get into programming but I was finding that it was difficult to enter the field without some form of degree or past experience. Unfortunately, most degree-granting courses that I found required you to have a background in scientific studies or some other field related to technology.

I found OpenClassrooms at exactly the right time to realise my goal. It allowed me to secure an internship in the field that I was aiming for and set me on the right path to get to where I eventually want to go. The project-oriented nature of the diploma really helped me to build upon the skills I had already acquired through courses elsewhere because they took me out of the theoretical approach that many other online tutorials use. Instead, I was immediately presented with the problems I might face during real-life, day-to-day development and I was invited to find my own solutions to these problems. The best part is that after finishing each project I was able to look back at something I had created myself instead of following a step-by-step tutorial - and I can even include my projects in a portfolio to show to future employers.

Lastly, the mentoring system was very helpful. The rythm of one meeting per week was perfect since it gave me a full week to work on my own but didn't leave me without help when I needed it. It also helped to impose soft deadlines on my progress because I needed to complete tasks in order to have questions or other comments to discuss.

• Debbie  User Photo
    Debbie • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I signed up with OpenClassRooms 7 months ago. I was at the point of giving up because I couldn't find anyone to help me and kept getting stuck when learning javascript. When I saw that this program came with a mentor well I had to try it out. My experience has been amazing. Not only have I learnt much more than I could have imagined but my confidence in coding has also improved. I couldn't have done this without the help of my mentor, having someone go over your code to make sure it's good, help you when your stuck, show you different ways of doing things and always encouraging you when you are struggling and finding things difficult. Learning to code is hard, your mentor makes it much easier and it's a much better experince  having a real person to talk to especially when studying online.

• Mr
    - 4/9/2019
    Michael Livesey • Frontend developer • Graduate

I enjoyed the OpenClassrooms course immensely!!! It was well designed, the online tutorials were great and the mentoring sessions really made the difference in being able to have thought provoking discussions about projects ... I think my mentor said I made him think as much as he did me! The course really stretched me intellectually, so it wasn't easy, but that is how it should be to really prepare students for a career in this industry (there are too many 12 week short course that don't prepare students at all).

At the moment I am inundated with recruitment opportunities, I get several phone calls a day. So, true to the course advertising, I am confident I will find a job soon.

• Good Job
    - 11/29/2018
    Federico Castorina

Great experience study at OC, the mentor system is really good, the student advisors are always with you...and after you finish your path they will be near you for every single step until you find a job. What do you want more ? :)

• Jean baptiste kadahizi ndagijimana • Graduate

After a full one year in the full stack developer path at OpenClassrooms, I did not only gained the knowledge but also the good friends. As someone no prior to the programming field i was doubting at the begining but thankfully to the professionals staff(mentors,advisors and the courses guiders) i was able to follow my path to the end.

After finishing, I feel myself that am able to go to the job market and compete with others  and i can't wait to get my dream job as a developer.

I take this opportunite to thank my mentors(Muntasim, Rebecca and my advisor Emma,I could not be able to finish this path without their help.

Many Thanks to OC.

Jean.

• Martha Villa Martin • Student

About 2 months ago I started studying the "Front End Developoment" Path with Open Classrooms and I am really enjoying it! I love their platform, and the way it is designed. You go at your own pace so if like me you want to change carreer but cant quit your job to go to school, you can follow this course on the side and it will take the time it will take.

• Kat Anderson • Student

I have been following the Front End Developer path with OpenClassrooms for 3-4 months now. I am so glad I found OpenClassrooms when I did!

I am 29 years old, with nothing but a two-year degree in General Studies to my name. A traditional Computer Science degree is costly and slow. The colleges that are my transfer options have disappointing programming opportunities. I partly began to pursue the Computer Science degree only to find the few programming classes available left much to be desired. The classes followed outdated books and the professors were hands-off and lazy. I desperately needed to find another option. I wanted to learn fast and I needed a teacher that could keep up.

I was hesitant to commit to a Coding Bootcamp because there were so many unknowns when it came to future job prospects. I was very close to joining some of the top listed Coding Bootcamps here on Course Report cause they seemed to be the only alternative. Then one day an ad for OpenClassrooms popped up on my Facebook dashboard. It took me two weeks of researching and talking with the advisors to commit to their Front End Developer Bachelor's Degree path. The OpenClassroom advisors were very easy to talk to and answered all of my questions promptly. (Even though they are based in France and I am American, there has been no difficulty in communication!)

My experience so far has been satisfying and rewarding. The project-based learning is effective. At first, it feels vague and slightly intimidating, but that is where the mentorship and course options come in. My mentor has been a perfect fit for me! He challenges me at our weekly meetings. He points me in the right direction without doing the work for me or just telling me the answer. This forces me to learn by experience, which in my opinion, is the best way.

The provided courses for each project are a great introduction into what you will need for completion. The content, videos, and activities are well structured and easy to follow. I have learned so much from these courses and use them as a constant reference as I work on my projects. The only minor flaw about the courses is the activity grading process. It is slow and unreliable. Other students grade your work and this becomes problematic. One student gave me full marks yet another student a complete zero with no explanation on the same assignment. OpenClassrooms encourages constructive feedback amongst students and the grading process but there is no accountability, especially since the grading is all anonymous. This is only a minor fault for OpenClassrooms. It does not prevent me from learning or continuing through the path at my pace with my mentor. It really is just a minor frustration.

Upon completion of the courses, you get a certificate that can be posted on your LinkedIn profile. This is a great feature that I am sure will come in handy once I begin the inevitable job search. And it may seem silly, but these certificates provide an achievement marker you can share with friends and family that want to support your educational accomplishments. Every time I earn a new certificate I share it with my family and they all high five me and provide encouragement to get the next one.

OpenClasrooms has a job guarantee. I had already decided to sign up for OpenClassrooms before this was announced. However, now that it has been implemented my reservations about how far this international bachelor's degree in front-end development is really going to get me has gradually faded. I now feel confident in my decision to pursue this path and feel like I am in good hands when it comes to my future career.

OpenClassrooms provides a hub for all students from all different paths so we can discuss course material, chat, and encourage one another. Even though most of the postings are in French, there is a great translate utility that keeps me in the loop.

I do not know by what stroke of luck I stumbled upon OpenClassrooms, but I am very glad I did. I have a mentor who keeps me on task and provides encouragement, comprehensible courses that give me direction, and projects that I can proudly add to my professional portfolio with confidence. The most exciting part? As I regularly look at job offers for Front End Developers I can mentally check off more and more "Job Requirements" that I now meet since I have joined OpenClassrooms.

• Stephanie Zerpa • Student

I have never felt more cared by or more heard in a platform, much less in an education platform.

OpenClassrooms has changed my life with affordable, high-quality education.

I actually talk about it in this article

I completed the .NET testing course months ago and could not get a certificate. There aren't any other students to peer-review my work and vice-versa.

I'm not proficient in .NET programming, but I do have a lot of experience doing TDD in other languages. Even though the course is comprehensive, its contents are comprised of information that seems to have been scrapped from internet tutorials and has some conceptual mistakes that are pretty blatant.

Having browsed over the content of other courses from OC, I don't believe that this is an isolated occurrence, as a matter of fact, other courses might be even worse.

Beware all these 5 stars reviews. They all look suspiciously fake to me. I know I was fooled by them. On close inspection, their courses don't live up to these overly positive reviews.

• Karim • Frontend Developer • Graduate

it is realy great to be a student here, it is very helpful to have your own mentor to help you reach your goals