koru-logo

Koru

Boston, San Francisco, Seattle

Koru

Koru helps college students and recent grads launch their careers with an immersive, experiential business program and free online job-finding tool. They currently offer programs and services in Seattle, San Francisco, and Boston.

During Koru's in-person programs, students will work on real projects from real employers, and will build their professional network with fellow classmates, as well as professionals at top companies like Facebook, Airbnb, LinkedIn, REI, zulily, Reebok, and HubSpot. Koru teaches job skills like Excel, design thinking, resume and LinkedIn building, data analysis, ROI, customer discovery, sales and marketing training, and project management, as well as soft skills like personal branding, networking, interview prep, business communications, emotional intelligence, growth mindset, and more. For each program, students work on a challenge for one of Koru’s partner employers, present their ideas to the company’s executives, and interview for open positions. 85% of students are hired following the program.

Koru's online job finder helps students and grads find jobs that are a fit for their unique skillset, build an application that showcases their greatest strengths, and get personal feedback from Koru's coaching team. It features open positions at Koru's partner companies as well as other hiring employers.

Recent Koru Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (9) reviews for Koru →

Recent Koru News

• Koru Immersive

Digital Marketing, SQL, Excel, Sales, Product Management
      Boston, San Francisco, Seattle
      Interview

• Katia • Graduate

I applied to Koru on a whim. Hence my scramble to prepare for the program two weeks before it began. Although that was stresful, the experience was worth it. If I was to place Koru on my timeline, it would be the third most important event on it.

I graduted from an amazing liberal arts institution, but for reasons beyond my control was not able to take full advantages of its resources. Koru did for me in a month's time what I blindly failed to achieve during my 4 years of school in terms of career development. I came to this program, lost, broken and with little confidence, but came out of it invigorated, focused, and with much more condidence in my skills, what I have to offer and my own personal brand.

I'm glad I did the July 2014 program in  Seattle, not only did I discover a gem in the Pacific Northwest, experiencing its natural beauty, wonderful summer weather and interacting with geunuine and inspiring mentors, but I also came to understand a great deal of the job application process, some companies and their cultures and had fun in the process.

Although Koru is a job-prepartion program, it was for me a re-awakening personal experience. Truly life changing and unforgettable.

• Robbie DeBevoise • Operations Analyst • Graduate

College may teach subjects ranging from computer science to international relations but it doesn't teach you what you need to suceed in the workplace or what type of career is right for you.  I was so lucky to have the opportunity to participate in Koru last June and absorb all they have to teach.  The program instruction is incredible and you learn more in that month than you would have thought is possible.  They challenge and show you how to be your best self everyday.  Also they give you the chance to work for and experience different companies before you commit to a job.  This allows you to figure out what career path is best for you and which jobs you can suceed at.  I definitely recommend Koru to all!

• Blake Erickson • CMO - Futchi, Inc. • Graduate

I am so lucky to have had a month off from adventuring this past June. Graduating in May, my first focus was to see the world. I had planned a trip to Mt. Everest with my Dad, a few roadtrips, and more, but I still had no idea what I wanted to pursue after the travels were done. Although I had a broad set of interests, I had very little interest in following a normal career path. Thanks to Koru, I found a way to launch my career in my dream job!

My aunt told me about Koru in January of 2014 and in the spirit of personal growth I thought it looked really interesting. But, the program did much MUCH more. Koru changed my life. It was the most positively exhausting thing I've ever done! Every day is full of new challenges, and every challenge thrown at you is an opportunity to better yourself. As an athlete, I like to think about training as the process of transcendance. Koru is transcendance. Fully embraced, Koru can unlock our inner potential, and give us access to great networks and friendships.

Koru propelled me to follow my passions and gave me the tools I needed to build a career that I love. I know it will do the same for you.

• Cassandra McCandless • Event and Marketing Coordinator • Graduate

Your senior year of college can be an unbelievably stressful time. But what if you had a post-graduation plan that allowed you to land a great job, while setting aside the tiresome (and fruitless) task of sending out hundreds of nameless application emails?  Koru allows you to do just that. This is a fantastic program that teaches you usable workforce skills while simultaneously helping you boost and develop your professional network. You will be introduced to recruiters from sucessfull startups all over the country who might just be the doorway to your first real job.  The Koru staff is made up of dedicated teachers, warm mentors, and hard workers who are committed to helping you develop your best professional self.  I did the Koru program in September and found it to be enjoyable, challenging, and absolutely worth my time. I encourage all graduates or rising senior to check out Koru's website and think about applying today!

• Alex • Graduate

I recently completed the December 2014 KoruX program with Trupanion. Koru is an amazing experience that positions its participants well for future success and actually landing that first real job. I have been out of college for several years, but can say that I am now in a better position professionally that I ever have been, thanks to the networking, personal branding, and direction I've received from Koru. Disruption really is the path to growth, and if you feel stuck, stagnant, or under qualified for jobs this program is for you. The program pushes you very hard, but everyone comes out on the other side a stronger person and in a better position to get hired. The coaches and staff of Koru genuinely care about you, and their primary focus is to help find that job that you care about, even after program completion. The Koru network is big too; as more cohorts enter the workforce there are that many more connections that future Korus can tap into.

The online portion of KoruX flows nicely into the in-person part of the program, but it is still an intense transition. If you are from out of state it can be harder to get a job in a place other than where Koru is located (Seattle, San Francisco, Boston), simply because they don't have the immediate network and contacts in those other states. I decided halfway through the program to move to Seattle, to take advantage of those connections. Something to think about for the out of staters.

My overall experience with Koru was fantastic. It gave me direction, confidence, a powerful new network, experience, and an actual chance to get that first real job. I absolutely would recommend this experience to any future or recent college graduate!

• Tabor Martinse • Student

I did the spring break Koru program in the fall of 2014 and it without a doubt changed my career and lifestyle trajerctories. Before doing the program, I was unsure of my potential and what I could/should do after graduating college, but after completing the program, I felt as if I could be successful doing anything I wanted--which made me more confident and ambitious. I wish I could do the program over again just to re-meet all the amazing people (other participants, Koru employees, networkers, etc) and be re-inspired all over again. Would recommend this experience to anyone that is couragous enough to be vulnerable and fail in front of others in order to build a strong foundation that will help them suceed in the future.

• Anonymous • Consultant • Graduate

I participated in the January 2014 Zulily program with Koru and was blown away by how valuable it was for me. The program fills the skills gap that doesn't seem to exist between college and the real world.

I am now employed in Seattle and use the skills I gained in Koru on a daily basis. I am also still connected to the program and see my relationship with them as lasting, symbiotic, and quite frankly- fun.

The leadership team is what makes the difference. Koru is staffed with brilliant individuals who have a diverse set of business skills/knowledge that they really know how to teach. Everything is practical and challenging.

I highly recommend Koru to any up and coming grad, recent grad, or someone looking to sharpen their business skills.

• Anand Sharma • Founder Apprentice • Graduate

I attended July 2014 Koru program in Seattle. The program was for 3.5 weeks. It was intense and triggered very powerful experience. The best parts were the feedback, mentorship, and, of course, the course-work. Additionally, the guest speakers did also manage to blow my mind.

I highly recommend Koru program for those who are seeking for tight 360 perspective of how you actually function; how you learn; how you cultivate relationship.

Koru is for those hustlers who are VERY hungry to land their dream job.