James Madison University Bootcamps
There are no prerequisites for the bootcamps, but those interested in the Cybersecurity, Data Science, and Cloud Computing are advised to have basic IT skills. Applicants to the Web Development and Data Science bootcamps are encouraged to know basic programming skills. Those who would like to apply to the Data Analytics program should have MS Excel skills.
Students will receive assistance with preparing a portfolio and preparing for job interviews. Students will also receive career counseling upon graduation. Students will receive a certificate of completion from James Madison University.
Scholarships for up to 30% of tuition are available on a merit basis. Scholarships are separate from James Madison University.
James Madison University bootcamps are powered by Quickstart.
Recent James Madison University Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent James Madison University Bootcamps News
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Cloud Computing bootcamp is 16 weeks, and students will learn CompTIA, Azure, Linux, and AWS. Industry experts with proven records in the field will mentor students with appropriate guidance. Graduates of the Cloud Computing bootcamp are eligible for jobs, such as Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, Cloud Support Associate, and Cloud Support Engineer.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans We offer financing models, interest-free installments, self-payment option, and more. Scholarship Merit scholarships are available.
Minimum Skill Level There are no prerequisites for the bootcamp, but students are advised to have basic IT skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Cybersecurity bootcamp is 28 weeks. Students will be prepared for CompTIA certification exams, and graduates of the bootcamp will eligible to apply for cybersecurity jobs, such as Cybersecurity Analyst, Penetration Tester, IT Security Engineer, and IT Security Consultant. Students receive twice-a-week sessions with industry experts as mentors. Upon graduation, students earn a certificate from JMU Continuing Education.
Deposit $1000 Tuition Plans Tuition financing models, interest-free installments, and self-payment option are available. Refund / Guarantee James Madison University offers a job guarantee within 12 months of bootcamp completion. Scholarship Merit scholarships are available.
Minimum Skill Level There are no prerequisites for the bootcamps, but students are advised to have basic IT skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $5,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Data Analytics bootcamp is 28 weeks. Students will learn data visualization, machine learning, predictive analysis, Power BI, Transact, and SQL. Data Analytics students will also learn analyzing data with Excel. Students will regularly meet with their mentors who are industry experts to guide them through their journey. Graduates of the Data Analytics bootcamp are eligible for jobs, such as Data Analyst, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, and Marketing Analyst.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Our multiple financing options include financing models, interest-free installments, self-payment options, Scholarship Merit scholarships are available.
Minimum Skill Level There are no prerequisites for the bootcamp, but students are advised to have MS Excel skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThe Data Science bootcamp is 26 weeks. Bootcamp students will learn data visualization, predictive analysis, and machine learning. Students will also meet with their mentor who is an industry expert twice every week. Data Science bootcamp graduates are eligible for jobs, such as Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Architect.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Our financing options include financing models, interest-free installments, and self-payment option. Scholarship Merit scholarships are available.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans We have multiple financing options including financing models, interest-free installments, self-payment option, and more. Scholarship Merit scholarships are available.
Minimum Skill Level There are no prerequisites for this bootcamp, but students are advised to have basic programming skills. Placement Test No Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive James Madison University Bootcamps scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityNo eligibility restrictions.
- Web Development (Online)
- Data Analytics (Online)
- Data Science (Online)
- Cybersecurity (Online)
- Cloud Computing (Online)
James Madison University Bootcamps Reviews
11 reviews sorted by:
- I have no regrets for enrolling to this course- 11/11/2020Gavin • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe program covered operating systems security and privacy, encryption, tracking and hacking infrastructures and more.
I gained a lot of practical knowledge and experience taking as I tried out several things on the virtual lab. I learned about the different types of Trojan viruses, malware, and security breaches and developed efficient prevention methods.
The courses become very interesting once you understand the basics. Since it was self-paced, I took every course at my own convenience. The certificate of completion awarded at the end of the program also spices it up.
In all, it was a fulfilling experience, one which I’m very grateful for.
- good program- 11/10/2020Julius Pandor • Student • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program is an excellent starting point for anyone interested in data science. It started with the fundamentals of data science like probability distributions, matrices and the rest. It then introduced us to the basics of python, before delving further into more complex topics like regression, deep learning and so on.
All the lectures I took were clear and concise and the tutors were always prepared. I could always count on a proper response anytime I had issues. It also helped me develop an amazing portfolio which has been a pinnacle of my career growth.
This is the best program to take whether you’re new to data science or are preparing for a certification exam or want to advance your career.
- I loved the course so much- 11/10/2020Brian • Graduate • Course: Web Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI already had some basic knowledge of web development, but it wasn't enough for me to launch out. I took this course for two reasons: First, I loved the idea of being a certified back-end developer. Secondly, I took this course as a review.
I wanted people to know if this course was worth the shot. Or not. So, I started the program, and I must say that this is one of the best training programs for beginners. The classes are flexible, and the tutors are willing to help in any way possible. I'm grateful because I also got to learn a lot and build my portfolio.
- Great Experience- 11/9/2020Hannah • Graduate • Course: Cloud Computing • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInFrom signing up for the program, there was no single hassle when registering. Everything was straightforward, and I didn't take the time to complete the registration process. After signing up, I was first overwhelmed with everything to learn, but since I can learn at a self-paced style, I could study a bit and do other things as I dim fit. The lecturers also break down the course into the simplest terms, and I could quickly grasp what I thought I would never learn. It's so easy and fascinating, and I can now apply the service in the real world after learning through the virtual lab where the practice took place. When I was having problems coping with the class, the students’ assistance came to my aid. I learned everything on IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, hybrid, and AWS.
Thanks to the tutors that worked me through my interview process as I was even skeptical of contacting them in the first place. The certification process was more straightforward than I expected; there was no deadline on when to finish the course and sit for the exam process. When others took the exam, I was busy with my study, and learning at my pace made it easy to pass the exam once.
- The Best Bootcamp Ever- 11/9/2020Maddison • Graduate • Course: Data Science • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe data science program is amazing. I have taken quite a few online classes in the past, but struggled to finish because the concepts where not properly explained or the tutor was too fast for me. But this was different. Its self-paced nature allowed me to take each course at my own time and fully understand the fundamentals like probability, data visualization predictive analysis and deep learning.
There are several valuable resources and we were introduced to multiple data science approaches including Python, Power BI, R and Transact SQL.
After completing this course, I knew I was ready for a career in data science.
- I enjoyed every aspect of the course- 11/8/2020Israel • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI never thought that learning about cyber-security would be this easy. The fear of its complexity kept me away from this course for years. When my friend told me about this program, I couldn't believe it. When I saw my certificate, I knew nothing was impossible.The tutors made this course very interesting for me. I'm not from a science background, but that didn't judge me. I realized building a portfolio wasn't tricky. The tutors were willing to help and also track my progress. I appreciate the fact that I got to learn everything from scratch. It was no longer difficult for me to practice. It was very flexible and not expensive.
- Helped with my certification exams- 11/18/2020Peter Rodney • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity • Campus: OnlineI want to get more certification on cybersecurity as required by my firm, and I got enrolled in Wagner Bootcamp. I only didn't get all the help I needed; I also got inspired by the work put in by the facilitators in charge of courses.
The exam for CySA+ and certified ethical hacker was a stroll in the park with all the classes attended and projects done with special reference to simulating real-life situations to gain ample understanding of the real world and how to navigate problems.
I discovered quite a lot of other things that were mesmerizing, and they included the student portfolio they helped to build as well as the support they render. Their virtual lab was a great turn-on for me; I have had access to virtual labs before now, and none seemed to pull that wow experience for me.
At the extensive six-month duration, the practical preparations for interviews were always on point. Having such an environment to learn is a great service to humanity.
- Not What I Expected- 11/13/2020Paul Raisa • Data Specialist • Graduate • Course: Data Science • Campus: OnlineThe course is ideal if you want to understand the basics of data science and Python. The instructors do make an honest attempt to introduce the concepts. However, I don't think everyone did such a great job as everyone else seems to believe. They are responsive and try to explain things when asked, but I think the delivery can be better.
I think it's better to spend more time explaining different aspects by providing more complicated examples, especially ML. I feel the pace was too fast for my taste and could hinder learning.
But overall, it’s a great course to get started with data science and machine learning.
- I expected more- 11/12/2020Mark Silver • Student • Course: Data Science • Campus: OnlineThis course is very basic; the instructors spend time talking about concepts like it’s the first time we’ve heard of it.I also feel some part of the course could be avoided to provide insight to more critical areas. The lectures are long and detailing, but I don’t feel like I acquired as much knowledge as I expected.Though there are some aspects I like, especially the inclusion of interview preparation and the online lab that makes it easier to learn.Overall, I think they can improve on the program and offer more advance training. I have sent them my feedback, but I hope they see this review and make necessary adjustments.
- I loved it- 11/9/2020Jeremy Adama • Student • Course: Cloud Computing • Campus: OnlineThe topics that made up the cause are cumbersome, but completing it, I felt more proud of myself, I felt like I am very much ready to contribute my quota to IT. I couldn’t have felt more accomplished after completing this cause.
I was made to go through topics like Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Technologies, Cloud Computing Architecture, Cloud Computing Infrastructure, Public Cloud Model, Private Cloud Model, and the host of others which further sharpened my skills. I also love the student support policy, it helped me have an in-depth understanding of any of the topics, considering the cumbersomeness.