georgia-tech-boot-camps-logo

Georgia Tech Boot Camps

Atlanta, Savannah

Georgia Tech Boot Camps

Georgia Tech Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time or 12-week, full-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time, data science and analytics, cyber and network security, and UX/UI courses in Atlanta, Savannah, and Peachtree Corners, Georgia. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, C#, ASP.Net, Bootstrap, React.js, Express.js, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. The data curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. The cyber and network security curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The UX/UI curriculum provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, visual prototyping and wireframing, user interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML and CSS, interaction design, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. Georgia Tech Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Learners will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio and homework reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Georgia Tech Professional Education and will complete the web development, data analytics, and UX/UI programs with a portfolio of projects demonstrating their skills, or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cyber and network security program.

Georgia Tech Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Georgia Tech Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (99) reviews for Georgia Tech Boot Camps →

Recent Georgia Tech Boot Camps News

Read all (5) articles about Georgia Tech Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationAtlanta
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, learners get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationAtlanta
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

LocationAtlanta
    Georgia Tech Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Learners have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Learners receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position learners for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

LocationSavannah, Atlanta
    Georgia Tech Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Learners have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Learners receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position learners for success in the field.
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Peachtree Corners)

• UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationAtlanta
    Get hands-on training and instruction in high-demand UX/UI Design methodology which includes software skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), Sketch App, InVision, Keynote as well as front-end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, Git/GitHub and more. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

4 Scholarships

• $500 Georgia Tech Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Georgia Tech Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Atlanta)
    • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time (Atlanta)
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Peachtree Corners) (Atlanta)
  • $500 Georgia Tech Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Atlanta)
  • $500 Georgia Tech Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Atlanta)
  • $500 Georgia Tech Boot Camps Scholarship

• UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Atlanta)
  • Refiner's Fire
    - 2/6/2019
    Jeffrey Box  User Photo
    Jeffrey Box • Advanced Analytics Consultant • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Some background: I have a bs in industrial engineering and masters in business and healthcare administration. My career has been heavily focused in analytics, yet I've only scratched the surface - heavy excel models, crude database solutions, and some sql/reporting. For years, I knew I wanted to dive deeper into statistics, programming, and tools. Fast forward to the GT Data Science & Analytics Bootcamp. This course was the perfect career move. We covered every topic I was interested in, and I left with skills I would not have developed otherwise. I'm now proficient in python, tableau, sql, machine learning, and other development. Coupling these technical skills with my career trajectory enabled me to land a position at a prestigious Atlanta consulting firm. Without this bootcamp, I would not have even been considered for the position. If you want to sharpen your career... sign up.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Way to go, Jeffrey! Thank you for choosing our program to further develop your data analytics skills. We're thrilled you found the curriculum to be beneficial and were able to broaden your knowledge. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We are rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Alumni
    - 1/26/2019
    Alex Watkins  User Photo
    Alex Watkins • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Jacob Lamont, our lead instructor was beyond great. He was extremely knowledgeable and was able to very clearly explain very complicted and complex concepts. The material covered is very difficult but if you put in the time you will be very successful in this course. The full time course was very fast paced and I put in about 35-40 hours outside of class.

You get out of this course what you put in. You are given so many resources to help you succeed. Work hard and it will pay off, trust me! Go to office hours everytime you have questions and the instructor and TAs will be there to assist you. Go home and re-work the activities in class and hammer the material into your brain.

MY BIGGEST TIP: GO TO DEMO DAY AND PRESENT YOUR PROJECT(S) AND NETWORK AND KEEP CODING AFTER GRADUATION

I can't stress this enough. I was able to land a full time job within 3 weeks of graduating because of both of these. Connect with industry professionals, send personal follow-up Emails the next day to them asking to come in and shadow the company. Go in to shadow with a laundry list of questions and you might impress them so much they offer you a full-time job. I never stopped coding after I graduated and come to find out that was one of the deciding factors a lot of hiring managers look at.

Tuesday, Jan 29 2019
    We appreciate your review, Alex! We're thrilled you enjoyed your instructor and found him to be extremely knowledgeable — we also think Jacob is pretty great. You're completely right that you get out of this course what you put in, so we commend you for utilizing all the boot camp's resources and truly working hard. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.
  • Brett Walker  User Photo
    Brett Walker • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I loved our instructor, and the TAs were usually helpful. The course itself was valuable as we learned a lot.

But the program has a hideous connection with Atlanta software businesses. The demo day was pathetic, as we were promised fifty businesses, less than half of which actually showed up, and of those, a strong majority were former camp attended. And most of those were at companies no longer hiring.

Five months after the boot camp our cohort of 24 attendees has only five with a fulltime programming position. Most of the rest have given up looking.

Friday, Sep 14 2018
    Congratulations on graduating, Brett! We are so happy to hear you had a great time in our program. Thank you for your review and we wish you all the best as you continue on your new career path!
  • Kandace Sweat  User Photo
    Kandace Sweat • Web Applications Developer II • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am a graduate from the first graduating Ga Coding Bootcamp class (Sav Campus). Highly recomment this course. I am a self taught developer, I did not graduate with a CS or IS degree, but I've been programming ever since I left college 5 years ago. And this was a great way for me to sit in an academic environment and learn terminology and develop a better understanding of why things worked a certain way. You also, have unlimited resources and experienced teachers that are willing to help you. We covered serveral programming languages during the 6 months, as well as learning how to program for the back-end. I work fulltime as a web application developer and i'm a mom and I live about 45 minutes from SAV. So if you are worried about dedicating enough time, you can do it, because I did and its worth it. Its been about a year and a half since I took this course, which means it has more than likely evolved since I went through, and I still refer back to my homework and use the lessons that I learned. I would defintely take another coding course if one ever comes available.

One tip create back ups of your backs ups!

Since everyone wants to hear a con i'm going to give you one.

• Before leaving the class make sure you know how to go live with a application for the real world. We did a lot of stuff locally and published to heroku to present. But majority of the time, (outside of this class) you are going to have a web hosting provider with a shared server or VPS, make sure you learn how to package of an application and deploy. And deciding on what kind of web hosting account to deploy your application that supports your programming language. This is what I struggled with the most after the class. Its was like hey I can build these great applications, but how do I publish them to an assigned domain name.

Friday, Jul 13 2018
    Amazing, Kandace! We are so happy you learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development through our course, developing a better understanding of certain concepts, as well as utilizing all the resources and instruction our boot camp has to offer. We know this is a demanding course, so we commend your dedication as you balanced a full-time schedule! We are always updating our curriculum, so we thank you for providing potential students helpful advice on going live with their applications. Congratulations on graduating and we truly appreciate your review as you look back on your student experience! We wish you all the best as you continue on in your career.
  • Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I loved the class.  My professor, Hannah, was excellent, as were the TA's.

I can't say enough good things about my experience.  It was the hardest class I've ever taken, but also the most rewarding.

I only wish that finding a job with just 6 months of bootcamp experience was easier.  Be prepared to spend a significant amount of time post bootcamp adding to your portfolio and finding ways to get experience that might find you a job. Career services is very good, but they are not miracle workers.

Tuesday, Jul 03 2018
    Way to go, Jonathan! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your class, instructor, and TAs - we also think Hannah is pretty great. This is definitely a challenging program, but just as equally rewarding upon completion, so we are proud of your commitment throughout the entire journey.

You are absolutely right that the job search can be strenuous and requires hours of commitment on the part of the student. While we do not secure direct employment for students, we empower them the best we can with the necessary tools and support for entering the job market. We cannot do the work for the students, but we aim to encourage, guide, and coach them as they work to enter the industry. You have given great advice to future students about constantly adding to your portfolio and tapping into opportunities for real-world experience.

We are constantly refining our services to best help students prepare for the job search and truly appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on all the hard work you dedicated to the course and to the job search! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Mark Groves  User Photo
    Mark Groves • Director of Sales and Marketing • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Jacob Lamont, the lead instructor, is an extremely knowledgeable and patient teacher. I got good support from the teaching assistants and the course was both challenging and well rounded. I highly recommended this bootcamp.

Monday, Jul 02 2018
    Thank you for your review, Mark! We are thrilled you found our instructor and TAs to be supportive and knowledgeable - we also think Jacob is fantastic. This is a comprehensive course, so it's great to know you found the program to be challenging and well-rounded. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for recommending our boot camp! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
  • Nathan Young  User Photo
    Nathan Young • Freelance Web Developer and Graphic Designer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This boot camp helped with a very much needed push in the right direction, the instruction and help is very good along the way. Its not an easy program even for seasoned developers, and I believe that speaks volumes to the quality of the material that one would learn should they join this program.

I believe the phrase garbage in garbage out goes with anything that involves putting in effort, so put in 110% and you'll double your return.

Monday, Jul 02 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Nathan! We are so happy you enjoyed our instructional team and found the course material to be of value. You are completely right that if you put in the necessary effort, you can truly be successful! Thank you for your review and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Bob  User Photo
    Bob • Student Verified via GitHub

We learned about the MERN stack (just stating in case the curriculum ever changes). If you're looking to take a course and just get handed a job at the end, don't take this class. This course covers a ton of information very quickly and despite effort from the instructors you will not be spoon fed. You have to put in a ton of effort both outside and inside the course. It'll be tough, and even when the course is over you need to continue to put in time to learn a lot of computer science basics as well as apply to jobs. If you're willing to put in the effort, this course is a great starting point and will allow you to learn code in a friendly yet challenging setting.

Friday, Jun 29 2018
    We really appreciate your review, Bob! As you pointed out, this is a fast-paced course, one that requires students to work very hard and commit additional time outside the classroom to truly master the topics covered (even after successfully completing the boot camp). We have to agree that as long as you are willing to put in the effort and be challenged, this course can equip you with the skills you need to be successful. Congratulations on completing such an immersive course. We wish you all the best going forward!
  • Kathy Satterlee  User Photo
    Kathy Satterlee • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I did a lot of research before deciding on a boot camp and finsally decided on GA Tech's.

Having done my research, I definitely went into this expecting to be challenged, frustrated and exhausted. Man, was I right! I packed an insane amount of information into my head during the program and was completely amazed by just how much I learned, A big part of which was just how much I had left to learn.

Thankfully the program is really focused on teaching you how to learn code, where to find answers when you need them, and (most importantly) how to think like a developer. Just be prepared to put in the hours!!

Friday, Jun 29 2018
    Thank you for your review, Kathy! We're thrilled you had such a positive experience learning valuable web development skills. Like you mentioned, this program covers a wide range of topics in a short amount of time, but if you are prepared to put in the hours you can be successful. Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Charles Driver  User Photo
    Charles Driver • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Review: This program was so much more than just an certificate, I am very grateful for all that I've had the opportunity to be part of. Georgia Institute of Technology is without a doubt one of the world's greatest institutions, so a certificate with thier stamp of approval is a no brainer investment! Overall the program was very challenging although the rewards are limitless. I would highly recommend the full stack flex program to anyone looking to advance their career or simply get thier foot in the door to a very hot industry!

Results: As an alumni I've recieved tons of hits from recruiters and three offer letters to date, all just 3 weeks after graduation. In addition to this I'm equipped with the needed foundation to confidently advance my career in many directions and I've also picked up a few cool startup ideas!

Tips:  Lets face it, as anything worth having in life this will not be easy! Do not make the misconception that simply completing the bootcamp will get you a job, as once the program is over is when the real work begins! You will be given a strong foundation the tools needed to succeed, from there the choice is yours as to continue to push to learn, stay active, and network.

Tuesday, Jun 19 2018
    Thank you for your review, Charles! This course is definitely challenging, but like you mentioned, if you're willing to put in the work, the rewards are limitless. You've given great advice to future students. It's great to hear you feel confident and properly equipped to advance your career - it definitely shows through the job offers you've received! We couldn't agree more that the choice is yours to continue to learn, stay active, and network. Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the best as you take the next steps!
  • Andrew  User Photo
    Andrew • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had no prior coding experience and was trying for a full blown career change and it worked out great! I got a great job as a full time developer as a direct result of my experience in the boot camp. It was definitely a challenging experience and not to be taken lightly, but if you're determined to make it work you'll do great. Listen to your instructors advice, trust the process, get to know your classmates, take advantage of career services, and don't give up!

Friday, Jun 15 2018
    Amazing, Andrew! Thank you for choosing our program to make such a significant career change. Congratulations on landing a full-time developer job using all that you learned at our boot camp - we are so proud! Great advice for potential students in not giving up and taking advantage of all the resources the course has to offer. Congratulations on completing this rigorous journey! We truly appreciate your review and wish you all the best in your future achievements.
  • Great Course
    - 6/14/2018
    Will Miller  User Photo
    Will Miller • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This course is excellent. The curriculum is well paced and challenging enough to force you to figure things out on your own and help you develop skills to critically think through problems. However, don't think that the career services will find you a job. At best they can introduce you to people but you've gotta be on that grind yourself. Overall I would reccomend this course to anyone willing to put the work in.

Monday, Jun 18 2018
    Thank you so much for sharing your review, Will! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the course. This program is definitely challenging and heavily promotes critical thinking and problem-solving (necessary skills needed in a developer's role), so we are glad that you felt the course material promoted these key characteristics.

You are completely right that our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment, and while we do not secure direct employment for our students, we do work to empower them the best we can with the necessary tools for entering the job market. We encourage, guide, and coach individuals as they position themselves to enter the industry, but it is certainly up to the students to put in the hard work and dedication it takes to find the job that's right for them.

We applaud you for the long hours and commitment you put into learning the fundamental concepts of web development and during your job search. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and best of luck going forward!