Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp
Florida Atlantic University’s Center for Online and Continuing Education offers 28-week CyberSecurity and Web Development bootcamps. Both bootcamps are conducted entirely online. Florida Atlantic University’s bootcamps are designed for busy professionals who may be currently working in full-time or part-time jobs. Bootcamp students have access to self-paced lectures with live coaching sessions twice per week. Students are mentored by an experienced industry expert who gives them feedback on projects and guides them through the bootcamp.
Students of Florida Atlantic University’s CyberSecurity bootcamp will learn coding languages, such as Python. Students will also learn hardware and operating systems, prepare for CompTIA A+ certification, learn network implementation, TCP/IP addressing, routing/switching and TCP/IP implementation. Bootcamp students will be taught fundamentals of ethical hacking. Students will also learn forensic tools and incident response to prepare for security analysis work.
Bootcamp applicants should visit the Florida Atlantic University’s Center For Online and Continuing Education website to submit an application, which will be followed by an interview to determine admission into the bootcamp. Students have access to guidance from career advisors throughout the job search process. The Florida Atlantic University bootcamps are powered by Quickstart.
Recent Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.58
Recent Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp News
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $3,200 Class size 10 Location OnlineIn this 16-week bootcamp program, learn the fundamentals of networking and cloud computing. Get hands-on experience with Azure and AWS functionalities. Prepare for four in-demand IT certifications, including Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) & CompTIA Cloud+. All courses are self-paced that you can study even with full-time work. Meet twice a week with a dedicated mentor there as your guide. Take on real-life projects that simulate industry challenges. Upon completion of these projects, you'll have a ready-to-use portfolio. Graduates can choose from a Job Assistance or IT consultation training once they successfully complete their bootcamp.
Deposit $640 Tuition Plans Starts from $800 monthly
Minimum Skill Level Basic IT knowledge Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost N/A Class size N/A Location OnlineStudents of Florida Atlantic University’s CyberSecurity bootcamp will learn coding languages such as Python. Students will also learn hardware and operating systems, prepare for CompTIA A+ certification, learn network implementation, TCP/IP addressing, routing/switching, and TCP/IP implementation. Bootcamp students will also be taught fundamentals of ethical hacking. Students will also learn forensic tools and incident response to prepare for security analysis work. This is a 28-week course that includes a job guarantee.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Web Development Bootcamp (Online)
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp (Online)
- Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Online)
Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp Reviews
12 reviews sorted by:
- Very broad curriculum and experienced instructors- 11/11/2020Rydney Stalls • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInBefore I decided to join this training program, I decided to look for reviews about this course. I decided to try, and I must say that the feedback I read wasn't wrong. It was exactly how they said it would be. So far, this course is one of the best coding courses I've ever bought. It doesn't matter what level you are( beginners or experts). You would find this course very helpful. It's entirely up to date, and my teachers were able to help me get to my peak quickly. I must say that the classes are very convenient for people who have a busy schedule. I'm glad I'm certified and also have a budding portfolio.
- Very Good Program- 11/11/2020Kennedy Cooper • Security Administrator • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe Cybersecurity course was superb. It was very informative, and the instructors covered all materials given. It has boosted my career portfolio. There was an unavoidable need for me to be certified to fulfill a new position. Due to time constraints, I thought that I would not complete the Cybersecurity course requirements. But with the support and assistance I received from my instructors, coupled with the friendly environment, I was able to complete the course, get the completion certificate and also pass my CompTIA Network+ certification exams.
The curriculum was voluminous, yet my professional instructors covered everything. My instructors taught me the global tracking and hacking infrastructures that cover the GCHQ, FBI, NSA, CIA, China's MSS, and other intelligence agencies' capabilities. Overall it was an experience I wouldn’t mind for a second time, and it was worth it.
- Worth Every Bit of it- 11/9/2020George Lindsea • Graduate • Course: Cloud Computing Bootcamp • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCloud computing has been top of the list sort after skill for me. But where and how to get this skill has always been a challenge. I am a busy man, needed a flexible but world-class online institute to meet my need, and this program was just right for me. The curriculum is top-notch and ticks every aspect of cloud computing.
I have always had doubts about online training based on past experiences, but this one made a difference. No doubt, every package in this program was well thought out. Even the admission process is seamless. The online lectures are second to none, and the instructors are fantastic; always make sure that you understand every bit of the course as you progress. The student support service for me was beneficial, especially since it was online. Other aspects I loved are the live mentoring session, virtual labs, and simulations that address every real-life problem. The tuition is also very affordable, considering the entire package coupled with interview and certification examination preparation. With my experience in this course, I knew I was ready to be a cloud computing professional.
- A Mixed Bag Bootcamp- 1/31/2021Michael Zeno • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineWith experience in technical support and some development experience, I decided to take the Web Development Bootcamp at Florida Atlantic University to expand my technical abilities and to learn how to professionally develop web applications. It should be noted that while the course is offered by FAU, it is facilitated by QuickStart, a 3rd party company based in TX. Enrolling in the program felt disjointed. The “admissions advisor” answered all my questions; however, I never received an orientation like I was told I would. The online platform of the course is very convenient, especially during the pandemic. The course itself was a mixed bag. The online course modules ranged from really good to really bad and felt like they were pulled together from other online bootcamps courses. Most of the course included video training from Microsoft, however, a handful was pulled from other sources, adding to the disjointed feeling of the bootcamp. In addition, to online study modules, there were five projects that needed to be completed, which your performance was mostly based on. I probably learned the most from the online projects, however, I found the fourth project to be substantially more difficult than the others. Given the time allowed to complete the project, the technical level of understanding if required, felt out of place. The course also features a bi-weekly “Question and Answer” session that turned out to be more like separate lectures than that of the online video modules. While the instructor was very knowledgeable and he covered the material that we were studying in the online modules, the “QA” sessions ended up being more of a lecture presented by the instructor. This was another disjointed aspect of the course as the online modules often presented the material differently than the instructor. Finally, I must mention the course just ended rather abruptly without any correspondence that the course ended or when to expect the certificate of completion. After the course, the career services is supposed to help with job placement. While I did receive a mock interview, I was never contacted by a recruiter to help place me. I managed to find a development job on my own. Overall, the bootcamp was a mixed experience. I would recommend it to someone who is already technical and can comprehend the material without much guidance, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a non-technical person that is looking to get into development; instead, I would recommend paying a little more for a more cohesive and reputable development course.
- This is the best beginners cyber security bootcamp- 11/18/2020Will Dawson • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineThis course started with Security fundamentals of hardware and operating system. It ended with preparation training and mock exams for both interview as well as certification exams including CEH (Certified Ethical Hacking), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA PenTest+ and Security+. The instructor did a wonderful job in taking it bit by bit till it sank in.
Well-structured and planned out course I must say, because everything worked out fine; online classes were good, student support and live mentoring sessions were highly commendable, virtual labs and simulations really nailed it, real world problems were simulated.
Other areas like Network and overall security fundamentals, Programming in Python, Ethical hacking and penetration testing. All these where not without details and comprehensive examples. This course is really nice for all looking to thrive in the world of IT and most especially Cybersecurity. Highly reccomended
- Experinced and professional instructors for students- 11/18/2020Kelvin Lockhart • Full-stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineWith full stack web development, you are sure of being up there competing with the best. CSS and HTML were well taught in this course, being the building block of the course and backbone on which web development is built, the tutors gave a everything to make sure no one was lest wandering in the dark.
The online lectures and live mentoring sessions were well structure and executed, all smiles for sure at the end. I was thrilled by the MySQL and Python classes, Bootstrap & WordPress, Responsive web design, ReactJS and ExpressJS and many more. The training materials were self-explanatory; the developers did a great job.This course is really a complete package. Frond end as well as Back end of web development with enough examples and exercises for better understanding of its workings and application to live situations. Another interesting and very helpful part was the interview preparation; we were taught what to expect and how to tackle interview question and also certification exam preparation which helped guaranteed my success in my certification exams. This is indeed a nice course, recommended for developers new and experienced.
The lectures were also well arranged. I seriously don't know how easy it is for the lecturers to teach both frontend development and backend development in such simple ways. Learning PHP, MySQL, Oracle, and Ruby are the best things I have done this year, and it’s all thanks to this course.
- Cyber security at its best- 11/14/2020Mike Ward • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineAs an intern on cybersecurity, my horizon has broadened in this aspect of tech-savviness.. Career support was rich and encompassing. I was adequately equipped for life during and after the course without leaving my destiny to fate. The instructors properly mentored everyone.
The online and self-paced courses allowed me to practice appropriately offline and apply the knowledge garnered in real-time, learned ethical hacking - by discovering the methods engaged in by hackers to a system and be abreast on how to checkmate their activities. The culmination of everything that ended at the certification examination was a ride to remember, I passed my exam excellently well, and I am happy.
- There was good support- 11/14/2020Michael Woodland • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineI have grown so passionate about web development since I started this course. I owe this all to the level of committed tutoring I am receiving here. The virtual classrooms are such an experience. It feels so real; almost like being there in person except I am even more relaxed and learning at my own pace. Should I talk about the live mentoring sessions where seasoned web professionals take you through different levels of career coaching, how to get prepared for a job interview and what areas of web development to focus on? The list is simply endless. There is never a short supply of helpful resources and information at your disposal. I round up next month, and I must say I am more than super-psyched up getting out there to start building really cool stuff. I can sense 2021 will be my year of great things to come my way.
- Ideal for preparing for certification exam- 11/13/2020Herschel Bartiromo • Graduate • Course: Cloud Computing Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineThis course is excellent for certification exam preparations. I loved the layout of the system and how in-depth each of the topics was.
The course curriculum was well composed and great. All the materials provided were presented correctly and were linked to the course of study.
I found the virtual labs very helpful as they added a practical experience to this Bootcamp. From the get-go, this course was very hands-on, and I liked that about it.
The tutors for this course were very knowledgeable and skilled in breaking down the lessons. They were also very available to offer career support and just super in general!
This course is perfect for anyone who intends to take any certification exam in cloud computing.
- Very Well structured course with great support- 11/12/2020Aurther Corke • Graduate • Course: Cloud Computing Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineI'm so happy to have taken the bold step in learning cloud computing. This course presented the entire landscape of Cloud Infrastructure in a concise and easy to learn format.
The tutors were so professional and knowledgeable. They made it very easy to learn and practice. The flow of the course was natural and concise, even for a newbie. The self-paced nature ensures you understand each topic or concept before moving on to the next. Many mistakes that I made were corrected. I learned things I never thought of and I’m fully prepared to take on my certification exams.
There were live-mentoring sessions, where industry experts help you understand the world of cloud computing and the opportunities out there. Overall, it has been a good investment in terms of money and time.
So, on one of my numerous searches about computers-related topics, I incidentally clicked on some pop-up ad (which I hated so much by the way). But things were different this time: I was familiar with virtually all the 11 programs enlisted in that category on their website, and again, the pricing was moderate; far lesser than what you get in the traditional classroom tutorials. So, that was how I got in. It has been 19 weeks (out of the stipulated 28 weeks) of the program, and I must confess, this is it – this is the real deal. I have gained much more than I planned, and the lecturers are just something else.
It will only be fair if I add a few online classroom experiences. The lectures are somewhat practical; they talk extensively on every topic. You will be able to relate to each information that is communicated. Well, let me stop here, ‘cos I might end up writing a whole encyclopedia about my experience here. But in all, it is worth all the time and money.