florida-atlantic-university-bootcamps-logo

Florida Atlantic University Bootcamps

Florida Atlantic University Bootcamps

Florida Atlantic University’s Center for Online and Continuing Education offers online bootcamps in web development, cybersecurity, UI/UX design, and cloud computing. These bootcamps were created with a busy professional’s part-time or full-time job schedule in mind. The bootcamps are self-paced with live coaching sessions twice a week. Students will be mentored by industry experts throughout the bootcamp.

The 28-week cybersecurity bootcamp curriculum covers hardware and operating systems, network implementation, TCP/IP addressing and implementation, routing/switching, and Python. Students will prepare for CompTIA A+ certification. Ethical hacking, fundamentals of forensic tools, and incident responses for security analysis will also be covered. The cybersecurity bootcamp includes a job guarantee.

The 28-week web development bootcamp curriculum covers coding languages, such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python. Students will learn Angular, React, Redux, and MySQL in website development. The bootcamp also covers advanced topics of HTML, CSS, jQuery, and Bootstrap framework. The web development bootcamp includes a job guarantee.

In the 16-week cloud computing bootcamp, students learn the fundamentals of networking and cloud computing. Students will receive a hands-on experience with Azure and AWS functionalities. Students will prepare for four IT certifications, including Azure fundamentals (AZ-900) and CompTIA Cloud+. Upon graduating from the bootcamp, cloud computing students can choose between job assistance or consultation training.

In the 24-week UI/UX design bootcamp, students will learn prototyping, wireframing, and testing. Students will also learn how to take a project from idea to delivery.

Career guidance is included in all FAU bootcamps. Students can speak to an IT mentor twice a week. After graduation, career counselors will continue mentoring students until they secure full-time employment.

Bootcamp students who pay the full cost of tuition upfront will receive a discount. Alternatively, students may pay tuition in interest-free installments each month either during or after the bootcamp (an enrollment fee is required). Scholarships are also offered for qualifying bootcamp applicants.

Florida Atlantic University bootcamps are powered by Quickstart.

Recent Florida Atlantic University Bootcamps Reviews: Rating 4.5

all (16) reviews for Florida Atlantic University Bootcamps →

Recent Florida Atlantic University Bootcamps News

• Cloud Computing Bootcamp

Cloud Computing, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
      This 16-weeks Bootcamp teaches students the fundamentals of networking and cloud computing, Students will get hands-on experience with Azure and AWS functionalities. Still will prepare for IT Certifications, including Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) and CompTIA Cloud +. This Bootcamp includes Job Assistance.
      Various funding options are available through Climb Credit, Skills Fund, EdAid, and ISA programs.
      Tuition PlansStudents may pay tuition in interest-free installments each month either during Bootcamp or after Bootcamp (an enrollment fee is required).
      ScholarshipCourse Report is excited to offer an exclusive Florida Atlantic University Bootcamp scholarship.
      Minimum Skill LevelBasic IT knowledge
    • Cybersecurity Bootcamp

Ethical Hacking, Python, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
      This 28-Weeks Bootcamp teaches students Hardware and Operating systems, Network Implementation, TCP/IP Addressing and Implementation, Routing/switching, and Python. Students will also prepare for the CompTIA A+ Certification. Ethical hacking fundamentals, forensic tools, and incident responses for security analysis will also be covered. This Bootcamp includes Job Assistance.
    • Web Development Bootcamp

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Front End, Python
      This 28-Weeks Bootcamp teaches students languages like HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Python. Students will also learn Angular, React, JS, REDUX, and MYSQL in website development. Advanced topics in HTML, CSS, JQUERY, and Bootstrap Framework will also be covered. This Bootcamp includes Job Assistance.

• $500 Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Florida Atlantic University's Center for Online and Continuing Education Bootcamp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Web Development Bootcamp (Online)
      • Cloud Computing Bootcamp (Online)
      • Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Online)
    • Rydney Stalls  User Photo
      Rydney Stalls • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Before I decided to join this training program, I decided to look for reviews about this course. I decided to try, and I must say that the feedback I read wasn't wrong. It was exactly how they said it would be. So far, this course is one of the best coding courses I've ever bought. It doesn't matter what level you are( beginners or experts). You would find this course very helpful. It's entirely up to date, and my teachers were able to help me get to my peak quickly. I must say that the classes are very convenient for people who have a busy schedule. I'm glad I'm certified and also have a budding portfolio.
    • Very Good Program
      - 11/11/2020
      Kennedy Cooper  User Photo
      Kennedy Cooper • Security Administrator • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The Cybersecurity course was superb. It was very informative, and the instructors covered all materials given. It has boosted my career portfolio. There was an unavoidable need for me to be certified to fulfill a new position. Due to time constraints, I thought that I would not complete the Cybersecurity course requirements. But with the support and assistance I received from my instructors, coupled with the friendly environment, I was able to complete the course, get the completion certificate and also pass my CompTIA Network+ certification exams.

The curriculum was voluminous, yet my professional instructors covered everything. My instructors taught me the global tracking and hacking infrastructures that cover the GCHQ, FBI, NSA, CIA, China's MSS, and other intelligence agencies' capabilities. Overall it was an experience I wouldn’t mind for a second time, and it was worth it.

• George Lindsea  User Photo
      George Lindsea • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Cloud computing has been top of the list sort after skill for me. But where and how to get this skill has always been a challenge. I am a busy man, needed a flexible but world-class online institute to meet my need, and this program was just right for me. The curriculum is top-notch and ticks every aspect of cloud computing.
      I have always had doubts about online training based on past experiences, but this one made a difference. No doubt, every package in this program was well thought out. Even the admission process is seamless.  The online lectures are second to none, and the instructors are fantastic; always make sure that you understand every bit of the course as you progress. The student support service for me was beneficial, especially since it was online. Other aspects I loved are the live mentoring session, virtual labs, and simulations that address every real-life problem. The tuition is also very affordable, considering the entire package coupled with interview and certification examination preparation. With my experience in this course, I knew I was ready to be a cloud computing professional.
    • Julian Ramirez • Graduate
      My name is Julian Ramirez and I am from West Palm Beach, FL. I had worked in Hospitality and Hospitality Management for approximately five years right up until the Covid-19 pandemic. When I was laid off for a few months I decided to follow a different career path as I had noticed that my father, a systems engineer, was experiencing nothing but job security amidst all of this chaos. This full stack web development bootcamp caught my eye as a potential entry point into the software development field as I had absolutely no prior experience. The staff, particularly my academic advisor Moses, was nothing but helpful and responsive during the enrollment process. In addition, the course instructor that I had, Zsolt, was exceedingly knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire program. The associate instructor Masood was always available for help in between sessions and was able to assist me in a few of my projects. Thanks to this bootcamp I have realized that I not only have an affinity for coding and programming, I actually enjoy it. This bootcamp has inspired me to pursue a second Bachelor's in software development and I will be sure to use all of the skills that I have acquired here to good use. My only feedback is that some of the courses are a bit dated (not by much, 2017 or so).
    • Toni Rahyns • Graduate
      Overall, my experience has been a 10/10. This bootcamp is affordable, the staff were very helpful, and I feel extremely accomplished. I appreciate all of the assistance I received from my coach Karl, and advisor Moses.
    • Michael Zeno • Graduate

With experience in technical support and some development experience, I decided to take the Web Development Bootcamp at Florida Atlantic University to expand my technical abilities and to learn how to professionally develop web applications. It should be noted that while the course is offered by FAU, it is facilitated by QuickStart, a 3rd party company based in TX. Enrolling in the program felt disjointed. The “admissions advisor” answered all my questions; however, I never received an orientation like I was told I would. The online platform of the course is very convenient, especially during the pandemic. The course itself was a mixed bag. The online course modules ranged from really good to really bad and felt like they were pulled together from other online bootcamps courses. Most of the course included video training from Microsoft, however, a handful was pulled from other sources, adding to the disjointed feeling of the bootcamp. In addition, to online study modules, there were five projects that needed to be completed, which your performance was mostly based on. I probably learned the most from the online projects, however, I found the fourth project to be substantially more difficult than the others. Given the time allowed to complete the project, the technical level of understanding if required, felt out of place. The course also features a bi-weekly “Question and Answer” session that turned out to be more like separate lectures than that of the online video modules. While the instructor was very knowledgeable and he covered the material that we were studying in the online modules, the “QA” sessions ended up being more of a lecture presented by the instructor. This was another disjointed aspect of the course as the online modules often presented the material differently than the instructor. Finally, I must mention the course just ended rather abruptly without any correspondence that the course ended or when to expect the certificate of completion. After the course, the career services is supposed to help with job placement. While I did receive a mock interview, I was never contacted by a recruiter to help place me. I managed to find a development job on my own. Overall, the bootcamp was a mixed experience. I would recommend it to someone who is already technical and can comprehend the material without much guidance, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a non-technical person that is looking to get into development; instead, I would recommend paying a little more for a more cohesive and reputable development course.

• Will Dawson • Graduate
      This course started with Security fundamentals of hardware and operating system. It ended with preparation training and mock exams for both interview as well as certification exams including CEH (Certified Ethical Hacking), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA PenTest+ and Security+. The instructor did a wonderful job in taking it bit by bit till it sank in.

Well-structured and planned out course I must say, because everything worked out fine; online classes were good, student support and live mentoring sessions were highly commendable, virtual labs and simulations really nailed it, real world problems were simulated.

Other areas like Network and overall security fundamentals, Programming in Python, Ethical hacking and penetration testing. All these where not without details and comprehensive examples. This course is really nice for all looking to thrive in the world of IT and most especially Cybersecurity. Highly reccomended
    • Kelvin Lockhart • Full-stack Developer • Graduate
      With full stack web development, you are sure of being up there competing with the best. CSS and HTML were well taught in this course, being the building block of the course and backbone on which web development is built, the tutors gave a everything to make sure no one was lest wandering in the dark.
      The online lectures and live mentoring sessions were well structure and executed, all smiles for sure at the end. I was thrilled by the MySQL and Python classes, Bootstrap & WordPress, Responsive web design, ReactJS and ExpressJS and many more. The training materials were self-explanatory; the developers did a great job.
      This course is really a complete package.  Frond end as well as Back end of web development with enough examples and exercises for better understanding of its workings and application to live situations. Another interesting and very helpful part was the interview preparation; we were taught what to expect and how to tackle interview question and also certification exam preparation which helped guaranteed my success in my certification exams. This is indeed a nice course, recommended for developers new and experienced.
    • Mark Ratliff • Graduate

The only language I knew before signing up was JavaScript. I’ll say basic Javascript picked up from Youtube. I was difficult taking online courses, especially if you lack self-motivation. That has always been my issue. But this course was different. Once I started, I never looked back. The motivation was just there. I might attribute it to the support that provided answers to any questions you have, but that’s just it.

The lectures were also well arranged. I seriously don't know how easy it is for the lecturers to teach both frontend development and backend development in such simple ways. Learning PHP, MySQL, Oracle, and Ruby are the best things I have done this year, and it’s all thanks to this course.

• Mike Ward • Graduate
      As an intern on cybersecurity, my horizon has broadened in this aspect of tech-savviness.. Career support was rich and encompassing. I was adequately equipped for life during and after the course without leaving my destiny to fate. The instructors properly mentored everyone.

The online and self-paced courses allowed me to practice appropriately offline and apply the knowledge garnered in real-time, learned ethical hacking - by discovering the methods engaged in by hackers to a system and be abreast on how to checkmate their activities. The culmination of everything that ended at the certification examination was a ride to remember, I passed my exam excellently well, and I am happy.
    • Michael Woodland • Web Developer • Graduate
      I have grown so passionate about web development since I started this course. I owe this all to the level of committed tutoring I am receiving here. The virtual classrooms are such an experience. It feels so real; almost like being there in person except I am even more relaxed and learning at my own pace. Should I talk about the live mentoring sessions where seasoned web professionals take you through different levels of career coaching, how to get prepared for a job interview and what areas of web development to focus on? The list is simply endless. There is never a short supply of helpful resources and information at your disposal. I round up next month, and I must say I am more than super-psyched up getting out there to start building really cool stuff. I can sense 2021 will be my year of great things to come my way.

• Herschel Bartiromo • Graduate
      This course is excellent for certification exam preparations. I loved the layout of the system and how in-depth each of the topics was.

The course curriculum was well composed and great. All the materials provided were presented correctly and were linked to the course of study.

I found the virtual labs very helpful as they added a practical experience to this Bootcamp. From the get-go, this course was very hands-on, and I liked that about it.

The tutors for this course were very knowledgeable and skilled in breaking down the lessons. They were also very available to offer career support and just super in general!

This course is perfect for anyone who intends to take any certification exam in cloud computing.