First Step Coding
With a 6:1 student to instructor ratio, students are taught by experienced industry professionals from MakeSpace and Google; some are also coding bootcamp alumni. Students will be immersed in a hands-on approach to learning – First Step Coding will show brief demos and then give students opportunities to apply new concepts through progressive challenges.
This course is designed for complete beginners. To apply, prospective students will need to fill out an online form and have a quick phone call with the First Step Coding team.
Recent First Step Coding Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent First Step Coding News
- Why Sarah Started Her Tech Journey at First Step Coding
- September 2017 Coding Bootcamp News + Podcast
- The Best Coding Bootcamp Prep Programs
Deposit $500 FinancingFinancing plans are available Tuition Plans Payment plans are available Refund / Guarantee Up to $1,500
Deposit $300 minimum Tuition Plans Tuition plans are available
Minimum Skill Level Complete beginner Placement Test No Interview No
First Step Coding Reviews
56 reviews sorted by:
- Great Experience!- 10/4/2017Dan • Student • Course: Bootcamp Prep • Campus: Boston
First Step Coding was something I stumbled upon while doing research on coding bootcamps. I am a 30 year old who works in the tech industry with zero background in tech! I wanted to enhance my basic knowledge of coding, but didn't want to commit the time and money into a real bootcamp because I wasn't sure whether or not coding was actually for me. What made First Step coding atractive was that it didn't require me to drop $15k and quit my job before deciding if I enjoyed coding.
- Curious about coding? Start here!- 9/24/2017Javi • Graduate • Course: Bootcamp Prep • Campus: OnlineThe software development world is vast and can be pretty intimidating to those interested in giving coding a try. Poking around on your own can only get you so far. First Step Coding provides a true introduction into the fundamentals of programming and has found a unique niche with their partnerships with top bootcamps. In four quick weeks you'll know whether or not pursuing education in coding is right for you and then you'll have Andy and his awesome team on your side to help get you to that next step!
- One of the best decisions I've ever made- 9/21/2017Justin M • Website Manager • Graduate • Course: Bootcamp Prep • Campus: San FranciscoThere is so much to praise about this school. The teachers at First Step Coding are excellent. All the students there are passionate to learn. My core teacher, Tate Thurston, always showed up to class with a big smile on his face and never hesitated to shared his joy for computer programming. He is very knowledgeable and helped me become code literate in one month. Not only did I get all my technical questions answered, Tate helped me become a better student and problem solver. I was not a good problem solver before entering this course. Now, I’m comfortable with problem solving in general. What's also great is the teachers' prior and current experience in the industry. I love hearing their personal stories and wisdom for what works and doesn't.I’ll admit, even though programming made more sense on paper and on screen, speaking the language to another was a challenge. Coding by myself was only half the pie. Conveying programming concepts and terminology to my classmates helped solidify the content I learned and complete our class exercises. It’s a highly sought after skill that will make you a better computer programmer.First Step Coding helped me become a better thinker, problem solver, and team player. Don’t worry if you have no background in computer programming. All skill levels welcome. I'm glad I took my first step and signed up for this course. The staff at First Step Coding helped me discover my new career as a full stack web developer.First Step Coding is a fun environment and great experience for learning computer programming, not to mention all the great conversations you'll have with students and teachers!A++
Response From: Calli Rothberg of First Step CodingTitle: Student Success ManagerMonday, Dec 18 2017Thanks Justin! Congrats again on attending Rithm School, we knew you could do it!
Response From: Calli Rothberg of First Step CodingTitle: Student Success ManagerMonday, Dec 18 2017Thanks Becky! Congrats on getting accepted to Hack Reactor, you definitely earned it!
- Well worth it!- 9/15/2017Logan McBride • Course: Bootcamp Prep • Campus: New York City
This course is the perfect introduction to the basics of coding languages, providing the solid foundation and good habits that will ensure you are ahead of the game when applying to Bootcamps or just learning more for a technical role. I was very happy to meet other like-minded students in the course and the instructors take the time to make sure that you understand the concepts, mentor you and help find your path. Definately worth the money!!!
Response From: Calli Rothberg of First Step CodingTitle: Student Success ManagerMonday, Dec 18 2017Thanks Logan! Congrats on attending Hack Reactor, we hope you're loving it so far!
- I highly recommend it to anyone looking for professional coding organization and a everlasting mentorship- 9/14/2017Yang Zhou • student • Course: Bootcamp Prep • Campus: Boston
FSC is great also because the instructor cares about students as individuals. Meeting in person twice a week is definitely helpful especially for those who find it hard to study on their own from books or tutorials. And because of its small class size (my course is 6 people) you get immediate attention and help from the instructor. This is absolutely important because as a coding beginner, there are countless times I run into issues and have no clue why my code does not work. Kurt was accessibly and ready to help.
The instructor always make sure that each one of us are on the same page while they are lecturing and no one got left behind. The instructors can be strict too so they will tell straight what they expect from you so if you are serious about the course, perform the exercises in class and finish the homework on time.
- Solid Intro Course- 9/14/2017Shannon • COO • Student • Campus: OnlineHighly suggest this program!! Remote/night classes were easy for my busy work schedule. The instructor (Shlomy) was a solid teacher and always available via Slack/Screenhero to help with any issues on the homework assignments.Before this course I had done some coding before in R, MatLab, and more research focused coding programs. I took this course because now I manage the development of a node.js application and wanted to understand how the product I manage actually works. The course definitely helped with that - plus I realized I actually like software development and want to keep learning more. The course is set up so you can go into a coding bootcamp afterwards, and they'll even help you prepare for interviews, etc. if that's something you're interested in.
- baby steps- 5/14/2018Anonymous • linux sys admin • Student • Course: Bootcamp Prep • Campus: Boston
Firststepcoding took me from baby crawls to solidified real steps towards my growth and development in coding. I really enjoyed the program. The small class structure is really helpful to get you over the many hump, hurdles you will encounter. And trust me, being able to have all your questions answered instead of winging it on your own makes the learning curve that much more enjoyable.