First Step Coding
With a 5:1 student to instructor ratio, students are taught by experienced industry professionals from MakeSpace and Google; some are also coding bootcamp alumni. Students will be immersed in a hands-on approach to learning – First Step Coding will show brief demos and then give students opportunities to apply new concepts through progressive challenges.
This course is designed for complete beginners. To apply, prospective students will need to fill out an online form and have a quick phone call with the First Step Coding team.
Recent First Step Coding News
Recent First Step Coding Reviews: Rating 5.0
New York City
- Financing plans are available
- Payment Plan
- Payment plans are available
- Up to $1,500
- Minimum Skill Level
- Complete beginner
First Step Coding Reviews
9 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Most importantly, I learned the fundamentals well enough to be able to apply to some top bootcamps. I got into my first choice and will be starting in the fall. I couldn't have done it without FSC!
First Step Coding was something I stumbled upon while doing research on coding bootcamps. I am a 30 year old who works in the tech industry with zero background in tech! I wanted to enhance my basic knowledge of coding, but didn't want to commit the time and money into a real bootcamp because I wasn't sure whether or not coding was actually for me. What made First Step coding atractive was that it didn't require me to drop $15k and quit my job before deciding if I enjoyed coding.
This course is the perfect introduction to the basics of coding languages, providing the solid foundation and good habits that will ensure you are ahead of the game when applying to Bootcamps or just learning more for a technical role. I was very happy to meet other like-minded students in the course and the instructors take the time to make sure that you understand the concepts, mentor you and help find your path. Definately worth the money!!!
FSC is great also because the instructor cares about students as individuals. Meeting in person twice a week is definitely helpful especially for those who find it hard to study on their own from books or tutorials. And because of its small class size (my course is 6 people) you get immediate attention and help from the instructor. This is absolutely important because as a coding beginner, there are countless times I run into issues and have no clue why my code does not work. Kurt was accessibly and ready to help.
The instructor always make sure that each one of us are on the same page while they are lecturing and no one got left behind. The instructors can be strict too so they will tell straight what they expect from you so if you are serious about the course, perform the exercises in class and finish the homework on time.
Our latest on First Step Coding
Need a rundown of everything that happened in the coding bootcamp industry this September? You’re in luck! We’ve collected all the most important news in this blog post and podcast. This month, we kept up with the status of the bootcamp industry, learned about how bootcamps are thriving in smaller markets, and explored different ways to pay for bootcamp. Plus, we added 7 new schools from around the world to the Course Report school directory! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →