craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy offers two, 12-week bootcamps based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden: Full Stack Web Developer and Cybint Cybersecurity. Full Stack Web Developer students will complete a part-time 4-week preparatory course before beginning the bootcamp. Cybint Cybersecurity students will complete a 1-week preparatory course. The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is delivered in a blended on-campus and online format. Every Friday, all bootcamp students will receive a weekend challenge to complete before the next week of class.

The Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp curriculum covers Agile software development methodologies and modern frameworks, including HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React, Semantic-ui, React Router, and React Native. Full Stack Web Developer students will learn about APIs, external libraries, websockets, Heroku, and techniques such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Students will build several projects to add to their portfolios, including a complex final project utilizing all the skills students will learn during the bootcamp’s duration. Students will create a portfolio and receive career services, such as CV review, job interview coaching, and several lectures about technical work and the marketplace.

The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is designed to prepare students with little to no background in IT for entry level Cybersecurity jobs. This bootcamp was developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning. Cybint Cybersecurity students will learn the basics of network traffic, hardware components of topology, network and routing protocols, and hands-on operation of a computer network and equipment. Cybersecurity students will also learn network mapping and os fingerprinting. telecommunication concepts and range. system and network admin concepts, management principles and controls, hands-on creation and use of virtual machines and bootable USB OS. Cybersecurity students will learn threats, attacks and tactics, security strategies, cyber defense, forensics, and ethical hacking. The bootcamp ends with students working on a hands-on scenario. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will receive assistance with technical and soft skill job interview preparation.

Craft Academy cohorts begin every 8 weeks, and applications are continuously reviewed. The decision-making process takes about two weeks and includes an interview.  Craft Academy gives all online bootcamp students a Nomads Pack, which includes everything students need to set up their home office, including a computer, a second screen, webcam, headset, cables, and school swag.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (82) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, Product Management, Rails, Ruby, Sinatra, React.js
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Johan Bons • Entrepreneur • Graduate
    12 weeks of absolute brilliance. Great structured bootcamp, with working in the industry as a clear goal!
    - 11/25/2019
    Yasmine • Graduate

I just finished the fullstack web developer program with Craft Academy,

Before joining the Bootcamp I had no previous experience with coding, I was a sales consultant in a travel operator and before that working with property management in London.

I was tired of working for limited companies and not having enough money to open my own company. I am also a traveller and I was seeking for a carrer where I can work anywhere around the globe. Craft Academy Bootcamp was exactly what I was looking for, the program is completely hands on and coaches are very supportive trying to explain in the most simple way. I am very confident to enter the market as a developer after this 12 weeks bootcamp.

• George T. • Graduate

I firmly reccomend any course Craft Academy provides. It was a unique experience. Very tense, required maximum focus, but in the end I was able to comprehend and work with things I never touched upon before.

The teachers were always there, ready to answer any question we had (or steer us in the right direction).

If you are ready to put your life on pause for 3 months and dedicate yourself to coding, then this is the bootcamp you should attend. Thus gaining valuable experience on how the actual work is being done (pair-programming, test driven development, agile methodologies, sprint reviews, etc.).

• Camron

After researching a couple of bootcamps and visiting a few bootcamp graduation events specifically in London, I in fact decided to instead move all the way from London to Stockholm to enrol in the one bootcamp that for me stood out from the crowd, the Craft Academy bootcamp.  The best decision for many reasons:

• The cohorts/classes are smaller, meaning a higher coach-to-student ratio and more hands-on teaching. And boy are the Craft Academy coaches ah-mazing! They'll push you hard but are simultaneously there to support you along the way. I cannot credit & thank them enough for how dedicated they are and the work they put in to help us students progress. A great example, on the night of our graduation, the head coach and another coach were up until 4am(!!), on their own, resolving some issues my team were having with our final project. If that's not dedication to their students, I don't know what is. I couldn't thank them enough for that.
    • Contrary to many other bootcamps, this one introduces you to a broader spectrum of technologies & frameworks, meaning you will be qualified for many more opportunities upon graduation.
    • They have a teaching philosophy of learning by doing, so you'll be building things from day one!
    • Beyond the coding though, the bootcamp follows some very strong processes that are arguably the most valuable skills you can obtain as a developer -- you code in a test- & behaviour-driven manner (a skillset that many developers lack but most employers want), you have daily scrum meetings, you version control all of your code, and so on. Basically the same way the best development teams work. In addition, you have regular retrospective sessions, meaning that you are an integral part of the feedback loop that keeps the curriculum relevant. All in all, these processes among many more will make you stand out from most other junior developers when you graduate.

In summary, out of all the courses I've taken throughout my life, this one was arguably the most impactful and valuable. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone looking to become a junior developer. It is of course a bootcamp, meaning that you will have to work very hard and dedicate every minute of your day to the work. However, the impact of the learning is so tangible and with something built so frequently that you are constantly looking forward to what you will be doing the next day!

• From zero to hero
    - 11/22/2018
    Zak • Junior fullstack developer • Graduate

I’ve always been drawn to the tech industry but felt intimidated by the barrier of how do i get in without any relevant education? Would I have had to apply for another bachelors and take three extra years out of my life? I read up on bootcamps and many Reddit forums trying to weigh the pros and cons of self study and bootcamps. I can confidently say this bootcamp was one of the best decisions I made. The curriculum alone is fantastic and the coaches with their dedication is the icing on the cake. I had an incredible journey getting to know everyone through pair programming. Word of caution to anyone thinking about joining, be prepared to commit all you have because this course provides only as much as youre willing to sacrifice, in other words spend rvery hour coding.

• Angelica • Graduate

This bootcam will teach you way more than just how to code. It's all about the people, how to pair programme, how to work in a team, how to take on a project from scratch and work all the way through it. It's shows you and prepares you for what it is like to be a developer.

The coaches are passionate and commited and will follow you along this journey and help you and cheer for you. The programme is well thought through, it covers many different frameworks, but most importantly helps you get the problem solving attitude needed to then succeed in the tech industry.

Highly recommened to anyone interested in a career change or simply wants to learn more about coding.

• Aiden Jubelin • Graduate

The time that I spent at Craft Academy Bootcamp came with one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. If you are looking to develop a great foundational base for web development and coding in general, then I would highly recommend this course.

Craft Academy aims teach the 5 essentials that are necessary for every full stack web developer to succeed in todays job market, and most importantly, how to think like a programmer.

I believe that the coaches at craft academy successfully achieved that target between their well structured curriculum to their tireless approach to education.

If you are willing to learn a new set of skills or develop on a set of existing skills , and are willing to put hard work and energy into the "Skill Framework" that Craft Academy and its coaches have prepared for you to learn. Then I can guarentee you won't be disappointed with this course.

Aiden J

• Scott Bartels

To begin, I absolutely loved the bootcamp and here are my reasons why. The teachers are super helpful, always willing to help, even on the weekends and they do a great job of helping the students click and feeling comfortable with one another from the very beginning. The curriculum is really well layed out, steadily week by week increasing the difficulity, but nothing too crazy. Prep course is great as well, it does the perfect job at getting you confidence and even more excitement going into the camp. Thomas the man who runs the show is a super awesome guy too, really chill and easy to get along with, he truly helped me evolve from a little caterpillar into a beutiful butterfly. You also have his partner in crime, Raoul also known as Gandalf, he is an absolute genius at coding, chill and super cool dude. All in all, have nothing bad to say and would highly reccomened Craft Academy to everyone!

• Oliver Ochman • Graduate

I'm very happy that I decided to take part of this course. During these 12 crazy weeks, I have grown more then I could imagine. Both on a professional and personal level.

From the Prep Course to the end of the Final Project, this has been a tough, stressful and exciting journey. If you are thinking about taking this course, you need to be 100% committed to it and trust the learning process.

During the Prep Course, I was looking over the material that our coaches presented to us and thinking "WTF have I got myself into now?". Being introduced to so many different languages, technologies (Ruby, CSS, HTML, jQuery, and javascript) and practices, was a bit of a shock. "One thing at a time" the coaches told us, and they were right.

The coaches told us at the start of the Bootcamp, that the magic would come during the last weeks of the camp. You go through 10 weeks of different projects. Building with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Ionic, Middleman and Sinatra. While developing these applications using Test Driven development with Rspec, Jasmin and Cucumber. Using Continuous Integration and Deployment with services like Semaphore, Netlify and Heroku. Tracking the test coverage with Coveralls. Using Github for every project and working in an agile way with scrums every day.

So at the time the Final Project weeks finally arrives, you have been working on so many different projects and producing so many lines of code, and it all comes together. Working on an idea that you and your team have decided upon, you notice that it isn't that scary because you basically have done it before. You see why the coaches have been teaching you the conventions, technoligies and best practices.

Trust the process and keep it simple. I'm glad I did!

• Awesome Bootcamp
    - 2/19/2018
    Mariza Swart • Junior Developer • Graduate

I loved the bootcamp, the coaches are amazing and driven. They are passionate to help us learn as much as we can take in over 12 weeks. It is up to you to decide how much effort you will put in but if you want to push yourself you will have the best experience and learn more then you can imagine. It is not easy but it is absolutely worth it.

Best decision I have made.

A happy junior developer!!

• Alfred Johansson • Graduate

I simply wanted to become a developer and searched for the fastest way to do it. Via a friend I found Craft Academy and here I am. It's a challenging and tough experience but I am so happy that I did it, and I learned more than I could imagine.

• Hybrid designer?
    - 2/16/2018
    Lisa Eriksson • Designer • Graduate

I'm a designer who was looking to broaden my skillset. Having graduated from the bootcamp, I've discovered that back-end web development also is a creative endeavour. I can now take on other types of projects, both professionally and personally. As a student, you will be challenged on a daily basis. Try to train yourself to talk about your understanding of your code and implementations as you go through the prep course. A word of advice, try to stay at the same pace as the coaches, even when you aren't getting everything. They are there for you if you need help or clarification. Be at the top of your game when it comes to communication. You'll go thru 12 demanding and exhaustive weeks, try to keep an open mind and give the course your all, the 'penny drops' during the last weeks of the camp.