craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy offers two, 12-week bootcamps based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden: Full Stack Web Developer and Cybint Cybersecurity. Full Stack Web Developer students will complete a part-time 4-week preparatory course before beginning the bootcamp. Cybint Cybersecurity students will complete a 1-week preparatory course. The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is delivered in a blended on-campus and online format. Every Friday, all bootcamp students will receive a weekend challenge to complete before the next week of class.

The Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp curriculum covers Agile software development methodologies and modern frameworks, including HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React, Semantic-ui, React Router, and React Native. Full Stack Web Developer students will learn about APIs, external libraries, websockets, Heroku, and techniques such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Students will build several projects to add to their portfolios, including a complex final project utilizing all the skills students will learn during the bootcamp’s duration. Students will create a portfolio and receive career services, such as CV review, job interview coaching, and several lectures about technical work and the marketplace.

The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is designed to prepare students with little to no background in IT for entry level Cybersecurity jobs. This bootcamp was developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning. Cybint Cybersecurity students will learn the basics of network traffic, hardware components of topology, network and routing protocols, and hands-on operation of a computer network and equipment. Cybersecurity students will also learn network mapping and os fingerprinting. telecommunication concepts and range. system and network admin concepts, management principles and controls, hands-on creation and use of virtual machines and bootable USB OS. Cybersecurity students will learn threats, attacks and tactics, security strategies, cyber defense, forensics, and ethical hacking. The bootcamp ends with students working on a hands-on scenario. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will receive assistance with technical and soft skill job interview preparation.

Craft Academy cohorts begin every 8 weeks, and applications are continuously reviewed. The decision-making process takes about two weeks and includes an interview.  Craft Academy gives all online bootcamp students a Nomads Pack, which includes everything students need to set up their home office, including a computer, a second screen, webcam, headset, cables, and school swag.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (80) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, Product Management, Rails, Ruby, Sinatra, React.js
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Andreas MN  User Photo
    Andreas MN • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started this boot camp knowing next to nothing about webdevelopment and coding. The boot camp did not make me into a expert programmer, but it certainly taught me a solid foundation to stand on and to continue. I was taught the best practices for writing code, to work and collaborate as a team and test driven development of webapplications.

The coaches are very professional, helpful, capable and highly commited to your learning. They are there almost every hour of the day to help, assist and challenge you and keep pushing you forward.

I highly recommend taking this boot camp!

• Erik Steinman  User Photo
    Erik Steinman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Being a student at Craft Academy has been one of the most useful and important experience of my life.

This is not just a first step into programming, but you will get way deeper into programming than you can even begin to imagine. Before the Bootcamp started I really didn't know anything about coding, 12 weeks later and coding feels like such an important part of my life.

The very thing that makes Craft Academy such a great place to start your Programming-career is the whole atmosphere. You are constantly surrounded by incredibly commited coaches and other students. For me it became such an inspiring environment to be in, and I didn't just developed my skills as a programmer, but I feel like I improved a lot as a person.

You'll read a lot about the Bootcamp being super-tough, and believe me, it really is, but every single day I really did look forward to going to the office and knew that today I will learn so much new things. The tempo is obviously very high and at times it might feel a bit overwhelming with all the new stuff you are constantly being fed, but in the end you will notice how incredibly much you learnt. Really go for it whole-heartly and it will feel fun rather than tough.

The coding stuff is obviously great, that's the knowledge you're being fed, but the thing that really makes this Bootcamp stand out is the working processes. You learn working test driven from the very beginning using version control and from there it just takes on... Simulating real life-projects and the whole idea of Agile methodology and everything that comes along with it like Sprints, Scrums, Reviews and Retrospective. Those are the experiences that are unique, and that really gives you such a great workflow and preaparation for your future career.

Going to Craft Academy was one of my best decisions I've ever made.

If you have the slightest interest in coding, then this is the place to be. Craft Academy gets my biggest recommendation.

• Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have always wanted to be a developer so I started looking around for courses and came across Craft Academy and sent them an email, I received a response almost immiedietly.

When I joined I knew it would be hard but I was not prepared for how it was but the coaches are very supportive and it is a great learning environment

I can honestly say I am glad that I chose Craft academy as they did not just teach you how to develop an application they taught you everything from everything that goes into a project before you actually start writing the code.  So when you do start job hunting you already have a good idea what to expect.

• David Boll  User Photo
    David Boll • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The 12 weeks I spent with Craft Academy is hands down one of the best experiences of my life! It was hard, sometimes really hard, but sooo worth it!

If you want to learn, not just how to code and become a programmer, but also how the real world works, how to work with real projects in teams, to work remote and don’t want to spend 3-4 years at university learning stuff that are outdated anyway when you finally do graduate, then Craft Academy is the place for you!

You get to learn not just a lot of different programing-languages but also how to take on a new project/problem and learn to know what tools are needed to solve the problem, to deliver the project. My favorite week was when we got to work with creating mobile-apps. Which we continued with for our final project the last two weeks. We got to create a mobile application with admin backend for a real client - So cool!

So is the bootcamp for everyone, definitely not! But if you want to learn to program, and if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, and it’s takes a lot of both, then you’re in for a hell of a ride! I wouldn’t exchange this experience for anything in the world!

Thank you everyone at Craft Academy <3

PS. I'm joining a startup in Stockholm for a internship as a junior-developer this summer - So excited!

• Holger Tidemand  User Photo
    Holger Tidemand • React/Native Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Craft Academy and thier coach team does a fantastic job guiding you in to the jungle of web development.

You will get a great understanding of the big picture which makes picking up new lanuages and frameworks after the bootcamp a real treat.

Three weeks after the bootcamp I got an intership as a React/Native developer.

I have Craft Academy to thnak for that.

I if want to learn how to code I really recommend this bootcamp.

Holger

• Kalle  User Photo
    Kalle • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Due to a long time wish of wanting to learn to code, but not wanting to do online course I started looking into the concept of coding bootcamps.

After some research and considering my options I ended up applying for Craft academy in Gothenburg - a decition I do not regret.

The course starts with building fundamentals and from there move on with teaching you tools and techniques for you to create more complex things and solutions.

There is no secret that the course is both intensive - whenever you feel that you are getting the hang of something you can be sure they throw something new at you!

You'll feel challenged, and at times it can be extremely hard, but at the same time also gives you an extreme feeling of accomplishment whenever you feel that the puzzle is comming together.

The syllabus is relevant and up-to-date, the coaches are great instructors and are there for you when you need them.
    The student-coach ratio is good.

I feel now that i have a good foundation for further development and is excited about what the future brings for me and my coding skills.

• Antonella  User Photo
    Antonella • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took part of Craft Academy with the January 2018 cohort, what a ride!

I moved from Italy to Sweden just for attending this course and I can state it's been the best investment I could have made on myself as a person and my career.

I definitely reccommend this Bootcamp, coaches support is outstanding, since the preparation course before the actual beginning of the Bootcamp itself. I remember I was still in Italy at that time and they got in touch with me on a daily basis, whenever I had a problem or questions they were efficient and supportive, that was awesome because when I started I felt like I knew them already and that facilitated the beginning of the bootcamp and reduced the initial "shock".

My group was amazing too and we had a lot of fun together, CA Team makes always sure you feel comfortable with the others, providing you with a professional life coach support (who could speak also Italian so I felt even more at my ease, great!), to help you go through this tough and intense experience. The office in Gothenburg is central and easy to get to, it is very cosy and welcoming too, with wide windows and two fantastic couches where to chill from one coding session to another.

I had no coding experience at all before but after 3 months I can say with no doubts that I feel confident enough to apply for positions that require a Degree level education, and I am also getting response from employers regardless I don't have a degree in Software development, this is encouraging and proves that what we build during the bootcamp is remarkable and rich in terms of technologies used. My skill set is not just about technical skills, but also soft ones, I learnt the agile method to actually approach problems and eventually solve them, it can be applied in any life situation, this is extremely valuable. The course is stressful, tiring, challenging, tasks are increasingly more and more difficult during the path, but if you are committed, driven and strongly passionate, you will do it and beautifuly make it to the end!

In my opinion, for the intense nature of the course , I would recommend it to not-too-young individuals with some work and life experience that presumably have a structure in the workflow, know how to behave in a professional environment and who also know and are ready to commit themselves 100% to the bootcamp.

Craft Academy was more than getting a Diploma and add it to my CV to me, it was a life changing experience, a turning point in my career and life, I'm grateful and very satisfied with the results I have achieved and the help I had during this incredible journey. Keep up the good work!

• What a journey!
    - 2/21/2018
    Zuzanna Bienkowska  User Photo
    Zuzanna Bienkowska • Test manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have been working within IT, with software testing and test management since 2007. And I totally love my job! However learning new things is never wrong, right? I attended Craft Academy for two reasons.

I wanted to expand my current role to also include working with test automation. What I really liked with this bootcamp was the concept of test and behavior driven development. How big part test is playing in software development - that I always knew. What I didn't know and realized during this bootcamp was how powerful test was in my own process of learning how to code! I don't think that without TDD and BDD I would get where I am today when it comes to my coding skills! So be prepared for a lot of testing and believe me - it will help you a lot, just let it guide you through the whole MVC process! Together with coaches, because they are going to be there for you, when you feel frustrated, need help or just want to learn more.

During all these years I've been wondering what my all developer colleagues were talking about? Back-end, front-end, jQuery, Bootstrap, APIs, divs, Angular, JSON, Type Script, you name it. What I missed was a context. And a deeper technical understanding from inside out. Now I have IT... And much much more...

Sometimes you might get a feeling of just 'hanging in there'. Take this course for what it is, learn as much as you can, be structured, give all you have but be nice to yourself. With a family, a husband and 2 small daughters, this journey wasn't easy. But still, I managed to complete it and I learned so much! I'm pretty proud of myself and my new skill set. Just follow the process and you will be too!

• Magnús Þór Ársælsson  User Photo
    Magnús Þór Ársælsson • Student Verified via GitHub

I can highly recommend this boot camp.

The coaches are always there for you both to assist and challenge you to move forward. I cant remember how many times I felt like I didn't know wtf was going on and as soon as I was getting comfortable with the material the coaches ramped up the difficulty. This is a very demanding course and hard work and consistency is the only thing that will get you through it.

• Best decision ever!
    - 11/28/2017
    Ólöf Vignisdóttir  User Photo
    Ólöf Vignisdóttir • Junior Frontend developer Verified via LinkedIn

I was bored of my job and life in Iceland, after a short google search about how to become a developer I found Craft Academy and decided to go for it! Left my job and home in Reykjavik and moved to Gothenburg to pursue my dreams.

This journey was definitely not easy, the first weeks were very tough and I felt so stupid for not getting it instantly. The pressure was high and it’s an emotional journey, the second week of the bootcamp I felt so stupid that I broke down in tears and told Thomas that I was giving up and would leave the bootcamp. That was  probably the best thing that has happened to me because we had a really good talk and he inspired me to keep on going and that I could do this. At that point I could really feel that he cared and everybody at this school supported each other through thick and thin. Emotion will run high as the pressure builds up, but the team sticks together. Together as a team we will make it!

My dream to become a developer has already come true. . I got a job as a junior developer before I graduated and started to work the day after graduation. As for landing that job one of the most important factors my employer saw in my experience was good coding habits, to work well under pressure and in a team. My employer is very impressed by how much you can learn in 12 weeks of this bootcamp.

Thank you so much Thomas, Raoul, Gustav, Faraz, Hanne, my cohort and everyone at Craft Academy!

Best investment I have made in my life.

Best Regards

Ólöf

• Amanda  User Photo
    Amanda • Graduate Verified via GitHub

You can attend this bootcamp no matter what background you have. The only important thing is that you stay and fight. It will be confusing and you will feel stupid - but you're never alone.

You will rely heavily on the other team members and the coaches - and they will have high expectations of you. It will be hard, but it will also be a great experience.

Apart from learning how to handle a new programming language and framework, we also learned how to plan & keep track of a project, run design sprints, do lots of testing, and work with a client.

This school cares about its studens, but also about making the world and the coding community a better place. They try to improve every day, and will always listen to your suggestions or comments.

• Nurlan Emir  User Photo
    Nurlan Emir • Student • Student Verified via LinkedIn

It's tough, it's mind blowing and it's practical. No bullshit, no excuses.

Leave your ego at home, show up and work.

It's simple as that.

Code or be coded.

I strongly recommend the bootcamp.