Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.89
Recent Craft Academy News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Deposit A 10% deposit is charged at approved registration. Refund / Guarantee We proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Prep Work During the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins. Placement Test No Interview Yes
Craft Academy Reviews
72 reviews sorted by:
- From barman to junior developer- 11/13/2018Noel Ryan • Student • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via GitHub
A challenging experience with high rewards
I am coming to the end of my journey with the Craft Academy Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp and it has been one of the most challenging but rewarding thing I have done.
In 12 weeks, I came from not knowing anything about coding to leaving with the knowledge to join the workforce as a Junior software developer.
The bootcamp not only teaches you how to code, it sets you up to work in a software environment.
The bootcamp teaches you about agile methods like scrum, we had daily stand ups and discussed what we were working on, if we had any blockers and what we would move on to that day. The course mocks what a real office environment is like but in an extreme way.
It is call a bootcamp and that isn’t some cool buzzword, it really is a boot camp.
The course prepares you for a developer job in 12 weeks and you have to put the work in, that includes 7 days a week and evenings. You learn to code with weekly challenges and weekend challenges and if you put the work in you get so much out of it.
Sounds scary but you have some much help, the course material is really detailed and the coaches in the course go above and beyond the call of duty,
The coaches of the bootcamp are the heart of the course, they really invest in their students, they go out of their way to help you, they push you to the very edge and bring out the best in you.
The boot camp also offers assistance getting a job, offering tech interviews, career talks that review your LinkedIn, your portfolio and advice on the kind of interviews that you will go through after the bootcamp.
I came into this bootcamp not sure on it, wondering how they are going to teach me to code and get a job in a software environment, but it has set me up with the tools for future employment in this industry and for me to develop new skills in coder for years to come.
- Rupert Lion • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via GitHub
Superb course for all. Fantastic coaches and a broad training schedule.
I had written a long and descriptive review, but unfortunately the login flow on CourseReport meant it was lost in the ether.... so instead (and in the interest of brevity) here are the top 10 "truths" about the Craft Academy Full Stack Developer course.
- A fantatsic all-round course - not just about coding - much more about how to be a highly effective developer in the real world
- Coaches are brilliant, work on a small student to coach ratio, and are always there to support
- Don't expect to learn "by rote" - you will need to find the answers for yourself - this mirrors real life
- This is a bootcamp. Period. Tell your friends and family you will be "off limits" for 3 months. If you aren't prepared to work 7 days a week (including evenings), then this isn't the course for you. Sure, you may get to the end, but you will severely miss out on everything the course has to offer
- It's a great overview of a range of languages and frameworks, although the "go-tos" are Ruby and Rails.
- The course is focused on building high-quality, fit for purpose software. Expect to be exposed to many best-in-class philosophies and approaches (eg agile, BDD, XP, pair programming etc).
- If you just want to learn to code then this is not the course for you. If you want to learn to be a developer with all it entails, then it almost certainly will be.
- Be prepared to collaborate. At Craft Academy, nothing is a solo sport. If you can't/won't work with others then this either isn't for you or, hopefully, this is an opportunity to learn that skill.
- This course is hard. Really hard. I've been an investment banker and a management consultant - I've spent much of my career doing 80-100 hour weeks. Whilst the actual hours probably won't quite reach that level (I'd estimate more like 70-80) the amount you will learn in those hours if exhausting.
- This course has been fun, hard, frustrating, exhilirating, rewarding and painful in equal measure. I made the right decision to do it.
"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…" Theodore Roosevelt
If you embark on this course, you'll understand how right Teddy was - so worth doing, but no walk in the park!
- Rhoneil Gabriel • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via GitHub
Intense but really rewarding. In 12 weeks I learned a lot and I can definetely see myself as a junior web developer and confident to enter the job market.
Craft Academy bootcamp will not teach you only how to code but also how to work qualitatively as a developer with the agile methodology.
The program is well thought and coaches will push you to the extent of believing that you cannot take it anymore, but this is part of the process to build you up. The support from them is continuos and you will really feel that they care about your learnings.
In 12 weeks I learned technologies and frameworks but I also learned a lot about myself and abilities. I am now exiting the bootcamp as a more confident person and If I had chance, I will do it all over again.
I highly recommend Craft Academy.
- Fullstack web development- 11/2/2018Robin Börjesson • Student • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Gothenburg • Verified via LinkedIn
This bootcamp will teach you the technologies and frameworks necessary to enter the job market with skills that allows you stand on your own. It is challenging and you will be pushed to the brink, but the coaches are there to guide you and help you in times of despair. Just remember that in the end it is you that will have to do the heavy lifting. Coaching only gets you so far.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the bootcamp. Even if I had some prior knowledge of programming I was always kept at the edge of my abilities. The curriculum is designed in a smart way and it is not until the end that you really understand the kind of transformation you will have gone through. For my part I was able to land a job at a company as a frontend developer before I even finished the camp. Just make sure to work hard and diligently, and update your portfolio as you go along.
- Full Stack Web Dev Bootcamp- 10/19/2018Tetiana Siianko • Head of Acceleration Programs • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via GitHub
- Very challenging, but incredible rewarding- 10/9/2018Andreas MN • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via LinkedIn
I started this boot camp knowing next to nothing about webdevelopment and coding. The boot camp did not make me into a expert programmer, but it certainly taught me a solid foundation to stand on and to continue. I was taught the best practices for writing code, to work and collaborate as a team and test driven development of webapplications.
The coaches are very professional, helpful, capable and highly commited to your learning. They are there almost every hour of the day to help, assist and challenge you and keep pushing you forward.
I highly recommend taking this boot camp!
- The perfect environment- 9/18/2018Erik Steinman • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via GitHub
Being a student at Craft Academy has been one of the most useful and important experience of my life.
This is not just a first step into programming, but you will get way deeper into programming than you can even begin to imagine. Before the Bootcamp started I really didn't know anything about coding, 12 weeks later and coding feels like such an important part of my life.
The very thing that makes Craft Academy such a great place to start your Programming-career is the whole atmosphere. You are constantly surrounded by incredibly commited coaches and other students. For me it became such an inspiring environment to be in, and I didn't just developed my skills as a programmer, but I feel like I improved a lot as a person.
You'll read a lot about the Bootcamp being super-tough, and believe me, it really is, but every single day I really did look forward to going to the office and knew that today I will learn so much new things. The tempo is obviously very high and at times it might feel a bit overwhelming with all the new stuff you are constantly being fed, but in the end you will notice how incredibly much you learnt. Really go for it whole-heartly and it will feel fun rather than tough.
The coding stuff is obviously great, that's the knowledge you're being fed, but the thing that really makes this Bootcamp stand out is the working processes. You learn working test driven from the very beginning using version control and from there it just takes on... Simulating real life-projects and the whole idea of Agile methodology and everything that comes along with it like Sprints, Scrums, Reviews and Retrospective. Those are the experiences that are unique, and that really gives you such a great workflow and preaparation for your future career.
Going to Craft Academy was one of my best decisions I've ever made.
If you have the slightest interest in coding, then this is the place to be. Craft Academy gets my biggest recommendation.
- Anonymous • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via GitHub
I have always wanted to be a developer so I started looking around for courses and came across Craft Academy and sent them an email, I received a response almost immiedietly.
When I joined I knew it would be hard but I was not prepared for how it was but the coaches are very supportive and it is a great learning environment
I can honestly say I am glad that I chose Craft academy as they did not just teach you how to develop an application they taught you everything from everything that goes into a project before you actually start writing the code. So when you do start job hunting you already have a good idea what to expect.
- Simply put.. Amazing <3- 5/15/2018David Boll • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Stockholm • Verified via GitHub
The 12 weeks I spent with Craft Academy is hands down one of the best experiences of my life! It was hard, sometimes really hard, but sooo worth it!
If you want to learn, not just how to code and become a programmer, but also how the real world works, how to work with real projects in teams, to work remote and don’t want to spend 3-4 years at university learning stuff that are outdated anyway when you finally do graduate, then Craft Academy is the place for you!
You get to learn not just a lot of different programing-languages but also how to take on a new project/problem and learn to know what tools are needed to solve the problem, to deliver the project. My favorite week was when we got to work with creating mobile-apps. Which we continued with for our final project the last two weeks. We got to create a mobile application with admin backend for a real client - So cool!
So is the bootcamp for everyone, definitely not! But if you want to learn to program, and if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, and it’s takes a lot of both, then you’re in for a hell of a ride! I wouldn’t exchange this experience for anything in the world!
Thank you everyone at Craft Academy <3
PS. I'm joining a startup in Stockholm for a internship as a junior-developer this summer - So excited!
- Great start to your journey- 5/11/2018Holger Tidemand • React/Native Developer • Graduate • Campus: Gothenburg • Verified via LinkedIn
Craft Academy and thier coach team does a fantastic job guiding you in to the jungle of web development.
You will get a great understanding of the big picture which makes picking up new lanuages and frameworks after the bootcamp a real treat.
Three weeks after the bootcamp I got an intership as a React/Native developer.
I have Craft Academy to thnak for that.
I if want to learn how to code I really recommend this bootcamp.
- Great way to get into the world of coding.- 4/27/2018Kalle • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Gothenburg • Verified via GitHub
Due to a long time wish of wanting to learn to code, but not wanting to do online course I started looking into the concept of coding bootcamps.
After some research and considering my options I ended up applying for Craft academy in Gothenburg - a decition I do not regret.
The course starts with building fundamentals and from there move on with teaching you tools and techniques for you to create more complex things and solutions.
There is no secret that the course is both intensive - whenever you feel that you are getting the hang of something you can be sure they throw something new at you!
You'll feel challenged, and at times it can be extremely hard, but at the same time also gives you an extreme feeling of accomplishment whenever you feel that the puzzle is comming together.
The syllabus is relevant and up-to-date, the coaches are great instructors and are there for you when you need them.
The student-coach ratio is good.
I feel now that i have a good foundation for further development and is excited about what the future brings for me and my coding skills.
- Best learning experience of my life!- 4/17/2018Antonella • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Gothenburg • Verified via GitHub
I took part of Craft Academy with the January 2018 cohort, what a ride!
I moved from Italy to Sweden just for attending this course and I can state it's been the best investment I could have made on myself as a person and my career.
I definitely reccommend this Bootcamp, coaches support is outstanding, since the preparation course before the actual beginning of the Bootcamp itself. I remember I was still in Italy at that time and they got in touch with me on a daily basis, whenever I had a problem or questions they were efficient and supportive, that was awesome because when I started I felt like I knew them already and that facilitated the beginning of the bootcamp and reduced the initial "shock".
My group was amazing too and we had a lot of fun together, CA Team makes always sure you feel comfortable with the others, providing you with a professional life coach support (who could speak also Italian so I felt even more at my ease, great!), to help you go through this tough and intense experience. The office in Gothenburg is central and easy to get to, it is very cosy and welcoming too, with wide windows and two fantastic couches where to chill from one coding session to another.
I had no coding experience at all before but after 3 months I can say with no doubts that I feel confident enough to apply for positions that require a Degree level education, and I am also getting response from employers regardless I don't have a degree in Software development, this is encouraging and proves that what we build during the bootcamp is remarkable and rich in terms of technologies used. My skill set is not just about technical skills, but also soft ones, I learnt the agile method to actually approach problems and eventually solve them, it can be applied in any life situation, this is extremely valuable. The course is stressful, tiring, challenging, tasks are increasingly more and more difficult during the path, but if you are committed, driven and strongly passionate, you will do it and beautifuly make it to the end!
In my opinion, for the intense nature of the course , I would recommend it to not-too-young individuals with some work and life experience that presumably have a structure in the workflow, know how to behave in a professional environment and who also know and are ready to commit themselves 100% to the bootcamp.
Craft Academy was more than getting a Diploma and add it to my CV to me, it was a life changing experience, a turning point in my career and life, I'm grateful and very satisfied with the results I have achieved and the help I had during this incredible journey. Keep up the good work!