craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Pretoria, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy is a 12-week, full-time full stack coding bootcamp in Gothenburg, Sweden. Craft Academy  believes that traditional education teaches people to pass tests, rather than giving them real knowledge so they have created an intense and practical training making students employable in just 12 weeks. The curriculum is developed by professional software engineers and based on real cases and recent practices to ensure students, at every opportunity, the ability to learn and work with relevant topics. Students will learn from experienced coaches, receive a loaned Macbook Pro, learn demand development, agile methodology and modern framework including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rails, Angular, and Ionic.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (58) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Cyber Security Specialist Bootcamp

Penetration Testing, Network Security
    kr125,000
    Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Digitalization leads to heightened exposure to cyber-attacks, and Cyber Security Specialists has become one of the most mission critical roles in the many industries. The number and frequency of cyber attacks is steadily on the rise and cyber criminals becoming ever more sophisticated. Achieving a secure infrastructure requires that it is designed, built and operated by people who understand the threats, know the security requirements and have the skills to build and operate secure systems in general. The demand for employees with cybersecurity training is higher than ever. Craft Academy’s Cyber Security Specialist Bootcamp is designed to provide a both a holistic as well as detailed knowledge of key technologies and techniques required to improve the security of existing computer systems but also the design of new systems with security protections.
    Refund / Guarantee
    We also proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
  • Enterprise Java Web Application Developer Bootcamp

Data Science, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, DevOps, Java, Front End, Scrum
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    Stockholm
    Java is one of the major programming languages available today and with many commercial and open source implementations, Java is the enterprise standard to build scalable business services for web and mobile applications. With Enterprise Java Web Application Developer Bootcamp you will learn how to build fully featured web applications using Agile methodologies. Thi cam is also covering modern JavaScript frameworks for front-end development.
    Refund / Guarantee
    We proudly offer a 10% discount to female participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    During the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, Product Management, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
    kr97,000
    Online, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    Refund / Guarantee
    We proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.

2 Scholarships

• €500 Craft Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Craft Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in Online
  • €500 Craft Academy Scholarship

No eligibility restrictions.

• Cyber Security Specialist Bootcamp (Gothenburg)

• Seth NeJame  User Photo
    Seth NeJame • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Craft Academy: A whirlwind, once-in-a-lifetime experience for any wouldbe programmer interested in a full-stack programming curriculum.  This no-frills course is designed to get you a career in the IT realm as fast as humanly possible.  It worked for me; I left this course 2 weeks early because I landed a job with a local Stockholm tech company as a Front End Developer.  They weren't looking for a junior, but because I had learned so much at Craft, they brought me in anyway.  Don't believe me?  Check my employment details here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/seth-nejame-b02039183/ .

To be clear: this is a bootcamp.  This course is not for the faint of heart.  This is not for people who are 'playing with the idea' of becoming a programmer.  This course is for people who are hungry for knowledge.  This course is for people who are ready to make a drastic change in their life.  There is no handholding, there are no friendly pats on the shoulder, and there are no participation trophies when you fail.  You will be challenged, you will be pushed outside your comfort zone, and you will question your sanity.  But if you stay the course and graduate, as the founder says, you will have the skills necessary to reboot your life as a programmer.

Frankly, the cost of the course was a put-off for me at first, but compared to other courses I checked out in Stockholm (and also in the states), it ended up being many thousands of dollars cheaper.  Combine that with the fact that the course is literally paying for itself within weeks of graduating, and the invaluable skills that I've acquired, I'm grateful I took the chance.  Forgive me if this sounds like a long-winded advertisement, but I cannot overstate the value of signing up for this program.  I strongly recommend CA for anyone with the money and the time to invest. . .just be sure to clear your calendar and let your friends and family know that you will be off the map for a few months.

The staff (Noel, Faraz, Oliver, Adi & Thomas) are all great guys and eager to elevate your coding chops and work tirelessly to ensure you are absorbing the knowledge you need to become a dev.  Shoot them an email or give them a call and see for yourself.

• Best decision ever!
    - 11/28/2017
    Ólöf Vignisdóttir  User Photo
    Ólöf Vignisdóttir • Junior Frontend developer Verified via LinkedIn

I was bored of my job and life in Iceland, after a short google search about how to become a developer I found Craft Academy and decided to go for it! Left my job and home in Reykjavik and moved to Gothenburg to pursue my dreams.

This journey was definitely not easy, the first weeks were very tough and I felt so stupid for not getting it instantly. The pressure was high and it’s an emotional journey, the second week of the bootcamp I felt so stupid that I broke down in tears and told Thomas that I was giving up and would leave the bootcamp. That was  probably the best thing that has happened to me because we had a really good talk and he inspired me to keep on going and that I could do this. At that point I could really feel that he cared and everybody at this school supported each other through thick and thin. Emotion will run high as the pressure builds up, but the team sticks together. Together as a team we will make it!

My dream to become a developer has already come true. . I got a job as a junior developer before I graduated and started to work the day after graduation. As for landing that job one of the most important factors my employer saw in my experience was good coding habits, to work well under pressure and in a team. My employer is very impressed by how much you can learn in 12 weeks of this bootcamp.

Thank you so much Thomas, Raoul, Gustav, Faraz, Hanne, my cohort and everyone at Craft Academy!

Best investment I have made in my life.

Best Regards

Ólöf

• Amanda  User Photo
    Amanda • Graduate Verified via GitHub

You can attend this bootcamp no matter what background you have. The only important thing is that you stay and fight. It will be confusing and you will feel stupid - but you're never alone.

You will rely heavily on the other team members and the coaches - and they will have high expectations of you. It will be hard, but it will also be a great experience.

Apart from learning how to handle a new programming language and framework, we also learned how to plan & keep track of a project, run design sprints, do lots of testing, and work with a client.

This school cares about its studens, but also about making the world and the coding community a better place. They try to improve every day, and will always listen to your suggestions or comments.

• Nurlan Emir  User Photo
    Nurlan Emir • Student • Student Verified via LinkedIn

It's tough, it's mind blowing and it's practical. No bullshit, no excuses.

Leave your ego at home, show up and work.

It's simple as that.

Code or be coded.

I strongly recommend the bootcamp.

• Excellent Course
    - 10/15/2017
    Faraz Naeem  User Photo
    Faraz Naeem • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This is an excellent Bootcamp.

I went from an accountant to a web developer in 12 weeks with absolutely no coding experience since before.

The course started with a 1-month long prep-course going through basics as HTML, CSS,  Ruby, and Javascript which laid the foundation for the rest of the Bootcamp.

The Bootcamp focuses heavily on Ruby on Rails and the coaches are relentless that one should follow good coding practices, pair programming, and TDD.

Although many of our projects were only made specifically for the course our final project was made for a real external client and is used to simplify their business.

You shouldn't enter this program with the expectation that you'll have free time a day over the run of the course. The course is tough and mentally demanding. The material is challenging, but there's a friendship that forms in the cohort as you're struggling along with others to achieve the same goal. There is a colossal time investment, and it is punishing if you fall behind.

I recommend this course very highly.

• Benjamin Comley  User Photo
    Benjamin Comley • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp is a great first, second and third step in to the world of coding.

Trying to learn to code on your own is a daunting task. What should I learn? Where should I start? Why doesn't this work? What if what I'm learning is redundant?

At Craft Academy the coaches are genuinely invested in your future, as long as you are. You will get back multiples of what of what you put in. But do not go in to this thinking it's going to be easy, this WILL be your life for 12 weeks.

There are no nice GUI's here, there is no Dreamweaver. This is real, this is Notepad (well, not Notepad, check your Windows at the door and get a real OS).

The prep course is CRITICAL. I have seen a few people not take it seriously, and by the end of the first week of the bootcamp you can see the fear and regret on their faces. Do not float through it either, learn it, understand it, this is how you will get the most out of the bootcamp.

It took a while to get used to the discomfort of trusting in what I was doing without fully understanding how it was working but believing that it would eventually become clear as other pieces fell in to place (which it did), but when I did it was like a weight off my shoulders and my progess increased dramatically. I felt this was another key, PLOUGH ON, don't worry about the understanding all of the intermediacies of where you are, they become clear eventually through continuous immersion, not through static concerntration.

The other piece of advice I would offer is "Always be coding". I would be in the office for 8-10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, then I would get home and work on my own projects using my new skills for a couple more hours most evenings. By the time the final project came around, I had learnt some things outside of the camp that I was able to integrate in to it to solve complex issues quickly. Always be coding.

Oh, and do not be afraid of failure, failure isn't failing, it's just giving you a direction of what to do next.

The coaching staff are A+, Thomas, Raoul, Andy, Rodrigo, they are always, always there to help. Often I could pose a question on a weekend or a rediculous time of the night, and I would always get an answer back as soon as someone was online. After the conclusion of the bootcamp, you are a part of the family, you can continue to ask for help whenever you need, and you too can start to offer help to those just starting on their path.

This was and continues to be a great experience. I would fully and absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a coding bootcamp in Sweden or South Africa.

• Max Mollerstrom  User Photo
    Max Mollerstrom • CEO & Junior-Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I tried to learn how to program by myself at first from different online tutorials, but I often found that what I was trying to learn was unstructured, complicated, and it was awfully hard to get the grasp of it.

Coming from a business background with a variety of different start-ups, some successful / some not; these 12 weeks has been the biggest challenge of my life so far.
    No other education have ever given me so many 'ahaa!' experiences as Craft Academy,
    note that I've been to (at the time) one of the most prestigious business schools in northern Europe. But all those years spent studying business, I found Craft Academy being the most challenging, but also the most giving education I've ever received.

I've always been amazed about programming and its potential straight from a business perspective.
    What tools can I make use of to build something great and make a bunch of money?

I've the ideas, I've got a good nose for business-potential, but what next?
    Craft Academy gave me not only the tools to build, and what to look for within software development, but also a very good way of structure your own thoughts in order to achieve what you want. A good strategy often makes your life much easier -especially in coding!
    It's always easier if you have a plan, and writing it down might be one thing, but putting it into action it's a whole other story. The boot camp provided me with the know-how to continue being an entrepreneur while at the same time being a valuable asset on the job-market.
    My plan for now after graduating is to work as a junior-developer while at my spare-time, turn my ideas into realization.

During the boot camp you will learn:

• Sort-out what's valueable to know in a structured way
      (everything is up to date with the latest, so you don't have to worry about learning anything old and outdated)
    • Test Driven Development (Sinatra, Jasmine, Rspec & Cucumber during my year)
    • Ruby
    • Javascript / Angular
    • HTML
    • CSS
    • Ionic framework
    • Rails framework
    • Build real-life Apps for Android and IOS with backend API
    • Pivotaltracker
    • SCRUM 'developer technique'
    • GitHub

By teaching you the latest, sorting out what's valuable and not, and what is being searched for by companies within the development-sphere, most graduates will become confident junior-developers after only 12 weeks, landing a job without spending 5 years and $87.000 at a U.S University. After the Boot camp you will be amazed of the knowledge you have learned and you will be more than eager to put it into practice!

Make no mistake, this is a very challenging education, but if you just have the right attitude you will definitely make it!
    Those 12 weeks has been amazing and frustrating at the same time. There are times where you'd want to smash your head into the wall because you're not getting it, but with an excellent curriculum, supporting teachers and students you will get it and success if you just put down your soul and mind into it.

You also learn how to collaborate as a team, there are many different ways of achieving your goal in programing, CA delivers an excillent BMP (Best Management Practice) off how to do so.

At the end of the course you will be building your very own app together with your team, my team made it almost without any help from the coaches! Our team functioned very well together, so I bet you will be making very good friends as well!

• Osegbemoh Dania  User Photo
    Osegbemoh Dania • Graduate Verified via GitHub

That decision to quit my white collar IT job to attend a coding bootcamp at Craft Academy is by far one of the best decisions in my entire life.

Having spent 8months just learning the theoritical part of development, it was really difficult to delve into the actual practice, writing my own code or working on a project. I couldn't achieve this and it just felt like "Forever", trying to learn to build something from scratch myself and not just relying on already built "off the shelf" applications.

Trust me, It wasn't an easy journey, It was tough, challenging, and at some point I "hit the wall", due to the workload, expectations and amount of stuffs we had to learn but thanks to the coaches who helped me pick up again. Craft Academy drilled us really hard with high expectations from every students. I guess thats why it's called a "Bootcamp". I even think it should be changed to "Craft Academy Coding Military Bootcamp". IT IS THE REAL DEAL!

The experience at Craft Academy was life changing for me, learning web & mobile development using test driven and behavioural approach. The anthem at Craft Academy is "Agile Software Development, TDD & BDD". Well structured path of learning. Great course content material. From day one of resuming the camp, you start coding right away. You have no choice, you just have to code, code, code, code daily.

At some point in the camp, we were asked to build a personal portfoilio site for ourselves and I was amazed at what I was able to do in week 3 of the camp. I felt so proud of what I built. Several other projects, real life projects/apps were thrown at us to develop and I feel so confident to take on any challenge out there.

I feel really confident to pick up other programming languages and work on any project in Ruby on rails or javascript.

Great team of coaches and I personally had a fantastic team in my co-hort, we had great pair programming sessions where we learnt alot from each other. Watch out for the next big startup coming out of our final project from Craft Academy.

The coaches were always there to answer your questions, review your codes and lead you the right way. "Someone is just always there to help you".

This was a fantastic experience, feel EXTREMELY HAPPY with the skills I acquired at Craft Academy.

My strong advice to peope out there considering attending a bootcamp, make that leap! it's a risk worth your time and sacrifice.  Don't hold back, start coding, write one or two lines of code yourself even if its crap, the bootcamp will teach you the right way of doing it. Get into a bootcamp to lead your path in a more organized and structured way to learn coding.

Using the words of one of our coaches, I say to you all, LIVE LONG & PROSPER!!

• Bootcamp review
    - 5/25/2017
    Johan Schantz  User Photo
    Johan Schantz • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp was the hardest experience in my 20 years life but I'm really happy that I kept fighting with the coding because at the end of the course I realized that I have learned so many things. Before this bootcamp I was like "what is development?", "what is coding?" and with that in my mind, I think this bootcamp is the perfect way to get into the IT business because today I can build fantastic Rails applications and I can build phone applications with Ionic, I can style other applications with HTML and CSS and I can create so many things that I didn't know about.

But the knowledge is not the only important thing here, I had the honor to work with an exellente cohort and I'm really thankful for that. We also had really awesome coaches who helped us with everything all the time and that's been really good for our team.

• Coding as a craft
    - 5/24/2017
    Fabian Lundgren  User Photo
    Fabian Lundgren • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp is perfect if you want to get into the IT business. I decided that it was the right way to go for myself and I decided to apply to the CraftAcademy course. It has been tough, there have been late nights of coding, sometimes you feel like you're on the edge of insanity but in the end it is all worth it for sure.

I had the pleasure of working with a great cohort and excellent teachers. CraftAcademy offers a great education if you're willing to put in the time and the effort that it requires.

• Great experience!
    - 5/23/2017
    Felix Ottander  User Photo
    Felix Ottander • Business owner • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This course is one of the best things I´ve done in a long time. It is really intense and you really have to devote yourself to the course. They teach you the best practices when it comes to programming these days. The coaches are really devoted to the craft of coding and I noticed that the first day to the last and that´s extremely important when it comes to teaching. I haven´t been much for school before but this is an entirely different way of learning that I like a lot.
    The last project of the course was a group project where the whole cohort produced an app and web-based service that was really good and we did it in only two weeks, which is cool and impressive both from the cohort and the coaches. No matter who you are I would definately recommend you to do this course.

• Jennifer Contreras Coloma  User Photo
    Jennifer Contreras Coloma • Student Verified via GitHub

The bootcamp is really challenging...after sleepless nights of doing multi-tasking from my part-time work and studying at Craft Academy, I can say that it is all worth it. You will feel the fulfillment and self worth everytime you make your program running.

It  is nice to know different programming languages, tools and frameworks every week that makes coding easier and fun. I can say that the prep course for one month is importatn to familiarize ruby, javascript, html and css that is the foundation for you to cope up with the main cohort.

Learning Ruby on Rails is really interesting, this is new to me and I found it super friendly to web developers. I was happy to discover that there are a lot of gems you can use to support your application. Furthermore, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development are very interesting topics, I have experienced software testing before but only thru the use of some paper form where you can write your test script. At first, I found it as a burden since I am used to just make a program and run it and that's it. But later I realized the importance of using TDD and BDD. I have learned a lot of things but for me the best thing I have learned is the technique on how to solve a programming problem. During pair programming with the coach I have learned the best practices on how to find resources in the internet to solve any blockers.

Aside from the topics I learned from the course, I also appreciate the coaches and the design of the bootcamp. I was amazed how they can bring out the programming skills of the participants from different backgrounds in just 12 weeks. I appreciate the support and guidance of the coaches, they are always there to help you if you are stucked with your code, you just have to approach them and they are always willing to give a helping hand.

During the bootcamp, you are also free to express your thoughts about your own experience. The coffee chat and retrospective is a good opportunity to agree on things and how to solve some issues. This part of agile mindset is useful to achieve the main objective of the bootcamp and everybody will be happy during the course.

This is indeed an awesome experience, working and collaborating in a group of people with exactly different beliefs and culture is pretty interesting. Being the only woman in the cohort is quite difficult but as long as you are determined to learn and achieve your goals, you will find a way to cope up with it. So, I am encouraging all the women out there not to be afraid of coding and for those people who wants to make difference in their life, accept the challenge and join Craft Academy to bring out the programming skills in you:)

• Philip Zudemberg  User Photo
    Philip Zudemberg • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp has been one of the toughest experiences of my life, and I am so happy that I enrolled. I've learned so many things. Not only how to code, but also where my strenghts and weaknesses lie.

During the camp you will learn to work with Ruby, Javascript and HTML. With frameworks such as Rails, AngularJS and ionic. And you will also combine them to make webapps which are also restful apis, and connect them to mobile applications.

Our cohort got the opportunity to to build a mobile app for a real client as our final project. This was a really valuable experience, since we had to work very closely with a non-technical partner. And I could not see a better way to end the bootcamp with an experience like that. We ended up completing the MVP app with almost no help from the coaches.

It is very important that you put as many projects aside as you can to fully imerse yourself in coding. And if you put in enough energy and time, you will be able to confidently build awesome web and mobile applications after 12 weeks.

The week after my graduation I started my first job as Junior Developer at a startup called ItsMyStyl. I am confident that these 12 weeks has given me the knowledge I need in order to develop my skills further and learn new programming languages and frameworks. I am grateful that I got the chance to participate in this bootcamp. It has changed my life in many ways.

• Susanna Larsdotter  User Photo
    Susanna Larsdotter • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is a ‘bootcamp’ in every sense. It is intense. You are really immersed for 12 weeks. You have to be focused and determined. Do not expect to have a social life outside of your cohort. Do not expect to spend much time on other hobbies. Do not think you will have time over - specifically don't think it’s a perfect time to get a puppy (unless the whole family can support when you are bashing away at the computer). I did get a puppy, I don't regret it because the puppy is turning out to be an awesome dog -- but I would not do it again at the same time as the bootcamp.

This is not a course you can pass by cutting and pasting your way through assignments. This is a course where you will and have to really learn how to get things done, and get them done the right way - follow the best practices taught by the coaches. You’ll be creating real apps that do real things. You’ll do it with test-driven development and learn why Agile is important.

I was not a complete noob - I joined Craft Academy with some familiarity in development. I work with customer support and with social media, and have done websites from scratch as well as used a various amount of CMS systems. Also I was pretty good at front-end design (not test driven, though).

At work I liaise with developers who has created some of the systems we use at work (translate what the company wants to developer-language and vice versa). I wanted to learn how to do more than just frontend. I wanted to understand why our developers' estimates for implementing some things seemed to be unreasonably many hours. Now, after the bootcamp, I get it. I also now understand how you could make changes rather quickly while still keeping your standards high and best practices intact.

Now I really know why test-driven development (TDD) is so important, and I can also explain it to other people. I also understand how Agile can keep you on track, and can help make sure the quality of what you develop is high. I went from being able to basically read some types of code, to being able to make changes to existing code, to being able to write my own code from scratch (TDD).

The Craft Academy bootcamp is, like mentioned above, tough and intense. But it’s with a purpose: they are focused on making sure you know how to do things well and do things right. They cover a lot of ground so that you have a lot of knowledge and tools. And they’re focused on getting you up to the level where you really can get a job (including having some real projects to show when you interview). If I missed anything in regards to content it was the 'devops' parts. But the bootcamp is aimed at getting you a job so you can work as a hired developer, where others take care of the devops.

I’m now (thanks to Craft Academy) working with a small agile team on a live Ruby on Rails project. The team is distributed around the world, for example Ashley in Seattle (west USA) and Patrick in or outside Boston (east USA). I use what I learned in the bootcamp every day doing code-reviews or writing my own code.

To summarize: It's an experience that makes you grow as a person and teaches you coding with good standards and best practies. I am thankful that I went through it and for all the support given, before and after.

• George T. • Graduate

I firmly reccomend any course Craft Academy provides. It was a unique experience. Very tense, required maximum focus, but in the end I was able to comprehend and work with things I never touched upon before.

The teachers were always there, ready to answer any question we had (or steer us in the right direction).

If you are ready to put your life on pause for 3 months and dedicate yourself to coding, then this is the bootcamp you should attend. Thus gaining valuable experience on how the actual work is being done (pair-programming, test driven development, agile methodologies, sprint reviews, etc.).

• Camron

After researching a couple of bootcamps and visiting a few bootcamp graduation events specifically in London, I in fact decided to instead move all the way from London to Stockholm to enrol in the one bootcamp that for me stood out from the crowd, the Craft Academy bootcamp.  The best decision for many reasons:

• The cohorts/classes are smaller, meaning a higher coach-to-student ratio and more hands-on teaching. And boy are the Craft Academy coaches ah-mazing! They'll push you hard but are simultaneously there to support you along the way. I cannot credit & thank them enough for how dedicated they are and the work they put in to help us students progress. A great example, on the night of our graduation, the head coach and another coach were up until 4am(!!), on their own, resolving some issues my team were having with our final project. If that's not dedication to their students, I don't know what is. I couldn't thank them enough for that.
    • Contrary to many other bootcamps, this one introduces you to a broader spectrum of technologies & frameworks, meaning you will be qualified for many more opportunities upon graduation.
    • They have a teaching philosophy of learning by doing, so you'll be building things from day one!
    • Beyond the coding though, the bootcamp follows some very strong processes that are arguably the most valuable skills you can obtain as a developer -- you code in a test- & behaviour-driven manner (a skillset that many developers lack but most employers want), you have daily scrum meetings, you version control all of your code, and so on. Basically the same way the best development teams work. In addition, you have regular retrospective sessions, meaning that you are an integral part of the feedback loop that keeps the curriculum relevant. All in all, these processes among many more will make you stand out from most other junior developers when you graduate.

In summary, out of all the courses I've taken throughout my life, this one was arguably the most impactful and valuable. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone looking to become a junior developer. It is of course a bootcamp, meaning that you will have to work very hard and dedicate every minute of your day to the work. However, the impact of the learning is so tangible and with something built so frequently that you are constantly looking forward to what you will be doing the next day!

• From zero to hero
    - 11/22/2018
    Zak • Junior fullstack developer • Graduate

I’ve always been drawn to the tech industry but felt intimidated by the barrier of how do i get in without any relevant education? Would I have had to apply for another bachelors and take three extra years out of my life? I read up on bootcamps and many Reddit forums trying to weigh the pros and cons of self study and bootcamps. I can confidently say this bootcamp was one of the best decisions I made. The curriculum alone is fantastic and the coaches with their dedication is the icing on the cake. I had an incredible journey getting to know everyone through pair programming. Word of caution to anyone thinking about joining, be prepared to commit all you have because this course provides only as much as youre willing to sacrifice, in other words spend rvery hour coding.

• Angelica • Graduate

This bootcam will teach you way more than just how to code. It's all about the people, how to pair programme, how to work in a team, how to take on a project from scratch and work all the way through it. It's shows you and prepares you for what it is like to be a developer.

The coaches are passionate and commited and will follow you along this journey and help you and cheer for you. The programme is well thought through, it covers many different frameworks, but most importantly helps you get the problem solving attitude needed to then succeed in the tech industry.

Highly recommened to anyone interested in a career change or simply wants to learn more about coding.

• Aiden Jubelin • Graduate

The time that I spent at Craft Academy Bootcamp came with one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. If you are looking to develop a great foundational base for web development and coding in general, then I would highly recommend this course.

Craft Academy aims teach the 5 essentials that are necessary for every full stack web developer to succeed in todays job market, and most importantly, how to think like a programmer.

I believe that the coaches at craft academy successfully achieved that target between their well structured curriculum to their tireless approach to education.

If you are willing to learn a new set of skills or develop on a set of existing skills , and are willing to put hard work and energy into the "Skill Framework" that Craft Academy and its coaches have prepared for you to learn. Then I can guarentee you won't be disappointed with this course.

Aiden J

• Scott Bartels

To begin, I absolutely loved the bootcamp and here are my reasons why. The teachers are super helpful, always willing to help, even on the weekends and they do a great job of helping the students click and feeling comfortable with one another from the very beginning. The curriculum is really well layed out, steadily week by week increasing the difficulity, but nothing too crazy. Prep course is great as well, it does the perfect job at getting you confidence and even more excitement going into the camp. Thomas the man who runs the show is a super awesome guy too, really chill and easy to get along with, he truly helped me evolve from a little caterpillar into a beutiful butterfly. You also have his partner in crime, Raoul also known as Gandalf, he is an absolute genius at coding, chill and super cool dude. All in all, have nothing bad to say and would highly reccomened Craft Academy to everyone!

• Oliver Ochman • Graduate

I'm very happy that I decided to take part of this course. During these 12 crazy weeks, I have grown more then I could imagine. Both on a professional and personal level.

From the Prep Course to the end of the Final Project, this has been a tough, stressful and exciting journey. If you are thinking about taking this course, you need to be 100% committed to it and trust the learning process.

During the Prep Course, I was looking over the material that our coaches presented to us and thinking "WTF have I got myself into now?". Being introduced to so many different languages, technologies (Ruby, CSS, HTML, jQuery, and javascript) and practices, was a bit of a shock. "One thing at a time" the coaches told us, and they were right.

The coaches told us at the start of the Bootcamp, that the magic would come during the last weeks of the camp. You go through 10 weeks of different projects. Building with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Ionic, Middleman and Sinatra. While developing these applications using Test Driven development with Rspec, Jasmin and Cucumber. Using Continuous Integration and Deployment with services like Semaphore, Netlify and Heroku. Tracking the test coverage with Coveralls. Using Github for every project and working in an agile way with scrums every day.

So at the time the Final Project weeks finally arrives, you have been working on so many different projects and producing so many lines of code, and it all comes together. Working on an idea that you and your team have decided upon, you notice that it isn't that scary because you basically have done it before. You see why the coaches have been teaching you the conventions, technoligies and best practices.

Trust the process and keep it simple. I'm glad I did!

• Awesome Bootcamp
    - 2/19/2018
    Mariza Swart • Junior Developer • Graduate

I loved the bootcamp, the coaches are amazing and driven. They are passionate to help us learn as much as we can take in over 12 weeks. It is up to you to decide how much effort you will put in but if you want to push yourself you will have the best experience and learn more then you can imagine. It is not easy but it is absolutely worth it.

Best decision I have made.

A happy junior developer!!

• Alfred Johansson • Graduate

I simply wanted to become a developer and searched for the fastest way to do it. Via a friend I found Craft Academy and here I am. It's a challenging and tough experience but I am so happy that I did it, and I learned more than I could imagine.

• Hybrid designer?
    - 2/16/2018
    Lisa Eriksson • Designer • Graduate

I'm a designer who was looking to broaden my skillset. Having graduated from the bootcamp, I've discovered that back-end web development also is a creative endeavour. I can now take on other types of projects, both professionally and personally. As a student, you will be challenged on a daily basis. Try to train yourself to talk about your understanding of your code and implementations as you go through the prep course. A word of advice, try to stay at the same pace as the coaches, even when you aren't getting everything. They are there for you if you need help or clarification. Be at the top of your game when it comes to communication. You'll go thru 12 demanding and exhaustive weeks, try to keep an open mind and give the course your all, the 'penny drops' during the last weeks of the camp.

• Francesco Falchi • Graduate

If you're self-driven and able to face seemingly insurmountable problems this bootcamp is for you.

Coaches will be there for you but you must accept a constant process of not being able to understand what you're doing until you repeat it a certain amount of times.

Enroll if you really want to understand the wolrd of a developer and if you're ready to give everything you've got for 12 weeks.

• Sophie Sjöberg • Graduate

I am 31 one years old and I needed a change after seven years in the television buisness. Programming runs in my family so my brothers got to pick the course for me. I was scared. I was excited. My self esteem went up and down.

But I am proud to say that I now see myself as a junior developer, after just 12 weeks! And I had never written a line of code in my life!

The coaches relentless work to make their students into the best developer they can be is, in my opinion, what absoulutely defines this bootcamp.

If you decide to go through this camp you will laugh, you will cry, you will evolve as a person, you will get friends for life and you will get a new skillset setting you up to be a programmer.

Trust me. I weighed back and forth before deciding to do this. And it was the best decision I ever made!

/ Sophie - October 2017 cohort