craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy offers two, 12-week bootcamps based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden: Full Stack Web Developer and Cybint Cybersecurity. Full Stack Web Developer students will complete a part-time 4-week preparatory course before beginning the bootcamp. Cybint Cybersecurity students will complete a 1-week preparatory course. The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is delivered in a blended on-campus and online format. Every Friday, all bootcamp students will receive a weekend challenge to complete before the next week of class.

The Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp curriculum covers Agile software development methodologies and modern frameworks, including HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React, Semantic-ui, React Router, and React Native. Full Stack Web Developer students will learn about APIs, external libraries, websockets, Heroku, and techniques such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Students will build several projects to add to their portfolios, including a complex final project utilizing all the skills students will learn during the bootcamp’s duration. Students will create a portfolio and receive career services, such as CV review, job interview coaching, and several lectures about technical work and the marketplace.

The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is designed to prepare students with little to no background in IT for entry level Cybersecurity jobs. This bootcamp was developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning. Cybint Cybersecurity students will learn the basics of network traffic, hardware components of topology, network and routing protocols, and hands-on operation of a computer network and equipment. Cybersecurity students will also learn network mapping and os fingerprinting. telecommunication concepts and range. system and network admin concepts, management principles and controls, hands-on creation and use of virtual machines and bootable USB OS. Cybersecurity students will learn threats, attacks and tactics, security strategies, cyber defense, forensics, and ethical hacking. The bootcamp ends with students working on a hands-on scenario. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will receive assistance with technical and soft skill job interview preparation.

Craft Academy cohorts begin every 8 weeks, and applications are continuously reviewed. The decision-making process takes about two weeks and includes an interview.  Craft Academy gives all online bootcamp students a Nomads Pack, which includes everything students need to set up their home office, including a computer, a second screen, webcam, headset, cables, and school swag.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (74) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, Product Management, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Dash Lykova  User Photo
    Dash Lykova • Software Developer - C# .NET • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Oh man! This bootcamp...

This bootcamp was one of the most unique, intense and nerve-wracking experiences I've ever had. And I would do it all over again!

I was a complete and total newbie when I started at Craft Academy. And when I say newbie, I mean that I could barely scroll up and down the page on my computer. I was curious about programming though and the idea of creating something out of nothing has always been appealing to me. I was at a point in my life when I really needed a change and was commited to walk the mile but still needed someone to guide me in the right direction, so learning to code on my own wasn't really an option for me personally.

I took a chance on Craft Academy fullstack developer bootcamp and boy, did it pay off!
    The course material is very well thought throgh. Even when you find yourself in doubt about how is everything connected, you soon get to discover that it is and a fair amount of "Aha" moments become part of your every day experience.

This is not, by any means, an easy ride. Be prepared to invest all of your time and put your social life on hold. Be prepared to make friends with frustration, exhaustion and having your way of thinking challenged on a daily basis.

This course will teach you how to work in a team and collaborate with different people, with different backgrounds. This is the closest simulation of a real work life you will get, because most people in the industry concur that pair-programming is one of the fastest ways to learn new concepts and troubleshoot errors, so if you are a lone wolf this course might not be the best choice for you.

As far as support, I have nothing to express but my gratitude to all of the coaches. These people are dedicated, knowledgeble and commited to help each one of the students to reach their goals.

If you are looking for a way to invest in your future, I would say from experience that CA is the right place.

• Seth NeJame  User Photo
    Seth NeJame • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Craft Academy: A whirlwind, once-in-a-lifetime experience for any wouldbe programmer interested in a full-stack programming curriculum.  This no-frills course is designed to get you a career in the IT realm as fast as humanly possible.  It worked for me; I left this course 2 weeks early because I landed a job with a local Stockholm tech company as a Front End Developer.  They weren't looking for a junior, but because I had learned so much at Craft, they brought me in anyway.  Don't believe me?  Check my employment details here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/seth-nejame-b02039183/ .

To be clear: this is a bootcamp.  This course is not for the faint of heart.  This is not for people who are 'playing with the idea' of becoming a programmer.  This course is for people who are hungry for knowledge.  This course is for people who are ready to make a drastic change in their life.  There is no handholding, there are no friendly pats on the shoulder, and there are no participation trophies when you fail.  You will be challenged, you will be pushed outside your comfort zone, and you will question your sanity.  But if you stay the course and graduate, as the founder says, you will have the skills necessary to reboot your life as a programmer.

Frankly, the cost of the course was a put-off for me at first, but compared to other courses I checked out in Stockholm (and also in the states), it ended up being many thousands of dollars cheaper.  Combine that with the fact that the course is literally paying for itself within weeks of graduating, and the invaluable skills that I've acquired, I'm grateful I took the chance.  Forgive me if this sounds like a long-winded advertisement, but I cannot overstate the value of signing up for this program.  I strongly recommend CA for anyone with the money and the time to invest. . .just be sure to clear your calendar and let your friends and family know that you will be off the map for a few months.

The staff (Noel, Faraz, Oliver, Adi & Thomas) are all great guys and eager to elevate your coding chops and work tirelessly to ensure you are absorbing the knowledge you need to become a dev.  Shoot them an email or give them a call and see for yourself.

• Basil Walakira  User Photo
    Basil Walakira • Mid level Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Craft Academy builds holistic software engineers capable of working and growing in the software industry. I joined Craft Academy right after graduating university with very little programming knowledge and experience. During bootcamp, we built products that enabled me learn as much as possible with regards to software development best practices, version control, TDD/BDD and many more skills while adhering to industry standards. It all did not make sense while at bootcamp (I was a bit of a not so good student) but later on I have got to appreciate the opportunities attending craft academy has brought my way. The instructors are really experienced and professional too. I commend Thomas Ochman, Raoul Diffouo and the whole Craft Academy team for the great work they do and the knowledge they give us at bootcamp. Trust the process. It's surely worth it.

• Zane Neikena  User Photo
    Zane Neikena • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Can you learn to code in three months?

The answer is “yes”. Although worth to keep in mind that this is so much more than coding - in three months time you will learn to plan and execute design sprints, apply agile methodology in practical terms, organise work in team, work test driven way, practice pair programming, and yes - a whole lot of coding.

The cost of it is hard work under immense pressure. Non-stop grind for 3 months, a lot of frustration, some tears even - this is not an easy fix for a career change by all means. All work done during the bootcamp is very practical, simulating a real world work environment, which is tiring yet super exciting at the same time. You will learn things that you thought you could never do and gain a whole new confidence both professionally and personally.

I feel like it was 100% worth to put my life on pause for three months to experience this, and the knowledge and friendships gained are priceless. If you are curious about coding and prepared to put in the work I absolutely recommend this bootcamp!

• Felix Bonnier  User Photo
    Felix Bonnier • Graduate Verified via GitHub

High pace, intense, exhausting, frustrating, thoughtful, inspiring, and extremely rewarding learning experience!

The 12 week Craft Academy bootcamp throws you right into the basics and foundations of web development, in a case -and exercise driven approach. With the personal support from (multiple) highly knowledgable coaches - in a team setting of about 6 people - this truly is a perfect experience if you want to:

• Learn the basics (and far more than that) of multiple programming languages - both back -& front end
    • Get practical (and applicable) insights into modern technical frameworks - not just theory
    • Understand the benefits of web development in a team (pair)-based setting
    • Understand the benefits of working in a true agile setting
    • Learn how to setup a web development project, and get acquainted with all roles and stakeholders
    • Get the rewarding feeling of constantly delivering new functionality - not just wait for a final exam

… and all that in 12 weeks!

I can truly recommend this course for anyone who wants to either explore a career within web development, or (like me) are curious to both demystifying the concepts of programming and web development - and enhance your knowledge tremendously in a field which you knew very little about 12 weeks ago.

Thank you to all coaches, Thomas, and all team members for a fantastic and exciting journey that I will always have use for -and feel grateful that I took part in!

• Per Erikjsson  User Photo
    Per Erikjsson • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The course is very well balanced and gives you a very nice foundation to build upon.

What it comes down to is your ability to work hard and to communicate with your coding partners. If you work hard and sleep well you're going to do fine!

If you don't have any experience at all the prep course is extremely important and should be at the highest priority. Coming to the first day of the course without knowing what the prep course covers leaves you in a very bad spot (and your pairing partner).

A tips is to try to do some coding online (there are several sites where you can try languages and solve problems) before you decide and see if you like it. If you find it stimulating and fun this course should be perfect for you!

Last thing is that you really need to understand that this course wont give you a job without you having to give your all. It's NOT a relaxed journey towards a nice job waiting for you on the other side. Go all in and collect the prize! =)

• Laura Reale  User Photo
    Laura Reale • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Why:

I joined this bootcamp because I wanted to make a career change and because I knew two former camp students (with no prior knowledge in software development) that successfully found a job as web developers after attending CraftAcademy's bootcamp

Bootcamp experience:

My experience at the bootcamp was great. I learned how to code, how to pair program, how to work in a test-driven way but most importantly, I learned a method to continue my learning experience. At camp we also practice the Agile approach.

Bootcamp curriculum:

The course is structured so that you start with a 4-weeks prep-course where you cover the basics (Ruby and JavaScript languages). If you are not sure to go all-in with the full bootcamp, you can also purchase the prep-course only.

The actual bootcamp is 12-weeks, it's project-based, with week assignments, but also weekend assignments and the complexity increases steadily week by week. During every week you learn something new, building up your knowledge week by week.

Bootcamp coaches:

My experience with the coaches was great. They are very invested in what you are doing and if you want to take on some extra-challenges, they are there for you, sometimes even during the weekend (when they are not supposed to be working). They can be tough at times, but keep in mind that that's part of the learning process.

My advise:

Take this bootcamp if you want to find a job in this area, but be ready to put your personal life aside for the entire bootcamp length. You will need full support from the people around you, because you will simply have very little time to spend with them, and they need to be prepared for it. Without full commitment, it will be much harder to finish the bootcamp successfully. The more time you spend, the better outcome you'll get from it.

If you are not sure if you like coding i would advise to start by taking the prep-course.

• Amanda Gibson  User Photo
    Amanda Gibson • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I will start by saying this was one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

The course itself covers a massive amount of information and there is so much support from the coaches. Even though we were under loads of pressure, the environment was welcoming and my fellow coursemates were amazing. Changing careers can be scary and intimidating but there's support for that as well and I think the most important thing is that after graduating I do feel that I have the skills now to actually call myself a developer.
    The school offers a shorter introduction course if you're unsure if you'd like to tackle the entirety of the 3-month boot camp.

• What a ride!
    - 2/18/2019
    Jonathan C. Edwards  User Photo
    Jonathan C. Edwards • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a week out from graduation and I'm still buzzing.  Not sure if it's pure shock, excitement for the future or the feeling of creative freedom now that I have the coding tools to start this adventure.  Honestly, I'm sure it's all three of those things.  When I started this course, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I knew it'd be hard work and I'd have to block out any social life for 3 months.  What I didn't expect though was the pair programming aspect.  You will NOT be doing this alone.  This courses main two focuses are teamwork and testing your code.  The instructors are amazing people and will give you a lot of their time and energy.  They really do care and it shows.  They have given me a new passion and hunger for coding.  If you have an interest in coding, I definitely recommend reaching out to Craft Academy.

• Johanna  User Photo
    Johanna • Software developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I worked as a team leader for a customer service when I wanted to change my career. I have always had a technical interest, but had never coded, now after the course I work as a developer at the same employer where I worked as a team leader

Although everyone tells you that it's a tough course in a high pace, I could never imagine how tough it actually is. You put your usual life on hold for 3-4 months, but it is definitely worth it.

Something that I liked very much was that you worked in project form, you always had to develop something and the theory was minimal. If you choose to do the boot camp, you will first have a prep-course of 4 weeks. Craft says that you should spend 15-20 hours / week on this course, I would recommend everyone to do this course full-time, because it will benefit you so much during the actual bootcamp. I worked part time during the prep course, which I would not have done if I had done the bootcamp again.

• Greg Kallai  User Photo
    Greg Kallai • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Intro:

• I decided to take this course because I wanted to do something different in my life. I have worked in the consumer goods industry for almost 5 years, but always felt some kind of calling for the tech industry. So this is my background
    • To be honest I joined this bootcamp because this was the only one I found in Gothenburg. I did not have much expectation, I know it is going to be hard and I hoped that I will learn how to code, but I learned so much more.

About the curriculum:

• The curricilum is well build, they teach you everything 3 times, each time covering more. In what this camp excells is that you have to do a lot of projects, some of them guided, some of them left up entirely on your team. This is the highlight of the camp this is where you can learn the most.
    • Speaking of projects, you are not only going to learn coding but most importantly project management. This is when you will experience what is like to be a software developer, delivering features, and planning the days and weeks.
    • Speaking of teams you will not code alone most of the time! This is essential that you will learn how to pair program, and how to work in a team of 4-5 people delivering a project.

FAQ:

• How are the coaches?
      • They are incredibly helpful, sometimes even on weekends and evening can help you out, but also tough enough that will get you into a good habit during coding.
    • Was it hard?
      • You bet it was! They say that you have to code 7 days a week even in evenings and that is true. If you want to have the most out of this camp you have to give it everything you have
    • Was it worth it?
      • It totally did. I learned how to code, I learned how to pair program and manage projects, and I learned a lot about myself during the process. It is an experience that if you can get the chance you should have in your life
    • So should I go and do it?
      • Well it's really up to you. Did you felt some kind of exicetment reading through my thoughts and you can dedicate your time and resources to this camp? Do you love the idea of creating something by inputing a bunch of lines after one and other? Do you like the ever lasting circle of frustration and instant satisfaction of solving an issue, or putting that picture in the perfect position on your website? Then Hell Yeah! But if you just want to join because you think that there are good opportunities in the tech industry, than I would think twice.

Final thoughts:

I gave this camp everything I got and gone out on the other side swining. I learned to learn, to develop, work in teams, and manifest my ideas. I am very glad I took this course and knowing what I know now I would do it again!

• Aditya Naik  User Photo
    Aditya Naik • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed Craft Academy Full Stack Developer Bootcamp in February 2019.

Perspective: Do not join merely to learn coding, instead join to become a great developer and a genuine team player.

Experience: Three months of daily learning (day/night/weekends). Cutting edge tech knowledge interlaced with project management, working and delivering under pressure, being a team member,regular presentations, iterative improvement in true AGILE manner. DO NOT expect spoon fed content, you will be treated as adult responsible for your own learning. Coding skills will improve by leaps and bounds. Coaches actually practice what they preach (hard work, constant improvement, always receptive to feedback). Always a surprise around the corner to keep you on your toes.

Take aways: Expanding my comfort zone, self discovery by regular self reflection(part of formal learning process), being under pressure but never alone, coaches who work even harder to deliver best content. A huge toolbox of tech skills honed by 'rule of 3' practice. Confidence in test drive development with Ruby on rails and javascript.

Recommendation: Join for expanding your thinking, horizons, knowledge of cutting edge tech and to learn more about yourself.

Warning: Say goodbye to social life if you really want to make the most of the 12 weeks.

Bottomline: It is definitely worth the time, money,energy, sweat and tears I have put in.